78 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The gun thread
SubRosa
post Jan 11 2016, 01:21 AM
Post #81

Ancient
Group Icon

I don't think people believe me when I say that my father has more guns than I have seen in all the episodes of The Walking Dead combined. Well, I was up at his place this weekend, and have pics to show it happened.

The first thing you see when you walk in the door (well, the first thing to the right)

The first thing you see on the left

Behind the first thing you see on the left (Some of these are only pellet guns)

A .22 target pistol with match rounds

A box of leftover scopes

This is where he sits to watch tv (can you count the guns in the picture?)

Behind where he sits

That is not all of the guns he has of course. He has them stashed all over his house, and there is another room with more rifles stacked up in cases.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 11 2016, 02:29 AM
Post #82

Paladin
Group Icon

Odd what catches our eyes. First picture: BOW! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 11 2016, 08:44 AM
Post #83

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 11 2016, 01:21 AM) *

I don't think people believe me when I say that my father has more guns than I have seen in all the episodes of The Walking Dead combined. Well, I was up at his place this weekend, and have pics to show it happened.

The first thing you see when you walk in the door (well, the first thing to the right)

The first thing you see on the left

Behind the first thing you see on the left (Some of these are only pellet guns)

A .22 target pistol with match rounds

A box of leftover scopes

This is where he sits to watch tv (can you count the guns in the picture?)

Behind where he sits

That is not all of the guns he has of course. He has them stashed all over his house, and there is another room with more rifles stacked up in cases.

What the...?? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

EVER HEARD OF GUN CABINETS??? You know, to lock the guns up in?? tongue.gif tongue.gif

Oh, blimey.. Iīve heard the term "armed to the teeth" , but we need a better term for your dad!! laugh.gif

And to think, I canīt even get a .22 target pistol verysad.gif But, heh, I do have a brimful of ashes on the .44.... wink.gif

Thanks for sharing all those pics, SubRosa goodjob.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Jan 11 2016, 08:46 AM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jan 14 2016, 09:17 PM
Post #84

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 10 2016, 07:29 PM) *

Odd what catches our eyes. First picture: BOW! biggrin.gif

Agreed. Second picture: WOW! Where's Tucker in all this? wink.gif

And I thought my dad was bad - guns on racks in the living room, guns stashed in the drawer in the garage, AND an ammo making setup on the workbench. No pics, though. When he passed, bro took most to sell up north and the State Police took away the ammo. We had no need for all that stuff.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 14 2016, 10:08 PM
Post #85

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Jan 14 2016, 12:17 PM) *
Second picture: WOW! Where's Tucker in all this? wink.gif

I didn't even notice my first look through. But you're right! I'm guessing Tucker is the most redundant guard dog on the planet. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jan 15 2016, 02:04 AM
Post #86

Master
Group Icon

Or Tucker's job is to watch all those guns to make sure those angry men in Oregon don't steal any . . .

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jan 19 2016, 01:13 PM
Post #87

Forum Bard
Group Icon

See, I have a large number of firearms but they're all locked up in a steel cabinet except for one. The handgun I keep hidden in the bedroom is the only one I even keep loaded unless I go out shooting.

As far as why I've bought so many? The designs intrigue me. The designs vary so widely that it is like taking apart a different mechanical puzzle each time. My favorites are classic guns like the CZ75, Makarov, 1911, and various other surplus guns. I do appreciate newer guns too though, especially because the manufacturers warranty them or at least have spare parts for them.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 19 2016, 04:50 PM
Post #88

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I would love to have a 1911. That design is so classic smile.gif

Maybe Iīll get an airsoft version... tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 29 2016, 04:15 PM
Post #89

Spam Meister
Group Icon

So yesterday I finally got my new .22 magnum! biggrin.gif

Itīall black and really short; less than one meter and looks exactly like this one. Beside the five round standard magazine that comes with it I also got an eight round mag. Should have gotten at least two of those but I guess I can always order another one. Unfortunately 25 round mags are not ok here so I canīt get one of those.

Kinda strange, huh? I canīt get a 25 round mag but I can have three 8 round mags which I can swap really quick. Well, that only makes 24 rounds so I guess thatīs ok...
rolleyes.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------
STOP THE PRESSES!!

Apparently 30 round magazines are legal but it doesnīt exist for the magnum!! verysad.gif verysad.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I got a sling for free thrown in but I had to ask for it. Same deal as in 2006 when I got my .30-06. Look, just give it to me and donīt make me beg! tongue.gif

I also got a free poster with Chuck Norris! laugh.gif Well, actually itīs about exercising your rights and vote for those who want to protect the amendments and all and apparently heīs the chairman of something. While that doesnīt apply to me it was still cool to get Walker Texas Rangerīs approval biggrin.gif

Other than that I got bore snakes for the .22 and for shotguns, some slugs and of course some .22 magnum ammo. I only got 250 rounds but I felt that was a good starting point.. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Jan 29 2016, 06:46 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
bobg
post Feb 4 2016, 05:37 AM
Post #90

Retainer

Hi all.
It's been a long time since I visited here. I was surprised to see so many old names in such current threads. I always wondered what happened to you guys.

Guns and guitars have always been a part of my life. As an adolescent, I went through a local gun club safety training program. I made several hunting trips with my dad as a teen. I carried an old 8mm German commission rifle. During my enlistment in the Army, I trained with the M1 Garand rifle which I still consider to be the finest rifle in the world. By the end of Army basic, I could snap the rifle to my shoulder and hit a pop-up target 300 yards away. If I could see it, I could hit it.The iron sights were very well designed and I had the eyes of a young man.

While in service, I trained on the 50 caliber MG, the 4-duece mortar, and the bazooka. Later, when I volunteered for a year as a reserve, I fired the m16, both in single and auto fire.

The most shooting fun I've had is with black powder pistols. There's just something about those old coal burners from their roar to the magic smoke that just makes them fun to shoot. My wife even joined in poking holes in paper targets.

Living in So. Cal. nowadays, it's hard to find any place to shoot but I still like to take out the old '44' and clean er' up once in a while.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 4 2016, 08:04 AM
Post #91

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(bobg @ Feb 3 2016, 11:37 PM) *

Hi all.
It's been a long time since I visited here. I was surprised to see so many old names in such current threads. I always wondered what happened to you guys.

Guns and guitars have always been a part of my life. As an adolescent, I went through a local gun club safety training program. I made several hunting trips with my dad as a teen. I carried an old 8mm German commission rifle. During my enlistment in the Army, I trained with the M1 Garand rifle which I still consider to be the finest rifle in the world. By the end of Army basic, I could snap the rifle to my shoulder and hit a pop-up target 300 yards away. If I could see it, I could hit it.The iron sights were very well designed and I had the eyes of a young man.

While in service, I trained on the 50 caliber MG, the 4-duece mortar, and the bazooka. Later, when I volunteered for a year as a reserve, I fired the m16, both in single and auto fire.

The most shooting fun I've had is with black powder pistols. There's just something about those old coal burners from their roar to the magic smoke that just makes them fun to shoot. My wife even joined in poking holes in paper targets.

Living in So. Cal. nowadays, it's hard to find any place to shoot but I still like to take out the old '44' and clean er' up once in a while.

Bobg - Master Po! I have thought of you so often; wondered how you have been! So good to hear from you!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 4 2016, 09:07 AM
Post #92

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Nice to see you here, bobg! smile.gif

You sure have a fine gun history, one I can never match. But at least Iīm trying laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
bobg
post Feb 5 2016, 08:30 AM
Post #93

Retainer

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 4 2016, 03:04 AM) *

Bobg - Master Po! I have thought of you so often; wondered how you have been! So good to hear from you!

I often think of you as well.
QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 4 2016, 04:07 AM) *

Nice to see you here, bobg! smile.gif
You sure have a fine gun history, one I can never match. But at least Iīm trying laugh.gif

On one quail hunt, my dad offered to let me carry his 12gauge semi while he carried my single shot 410 (which was a lot lighter laugh.gif ) As luck would have it I flushed a couple quails. I took a quick aim which was probably way off and squeezed the trigger. The gun went full auto. Three rapid 12 gauge rounds just about knocked me over before the fourth round jammed. We never found any sign of those quail.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Feb 8 2016, 04:03 PM
Post #94

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Broken firing pin? Sometimes if a pin sticks/breaks in the forward position it will cause a semi automatic to "slam fire" which is where the gun fires uncontrollably. It is extremely rare but it happens.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
bobg
post Feb 9 2016, 03:02 AM
Post #95

Retainer

QUOTE(Kiln @ Feb 8 2016, 11:03 AM) *

Broken firing pin? Sometimes if a pin sticks/breaks in the forward position it will cause a semi automatic to "slam fire" which is where the gun fires uncontrollably. It is extremely rare but it happens.

I never found out what caused it. I think my dad got rid of the gun rather than having it fixed. For me as a teenager, it was sort of exciting firing an auto 12guage.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 9 2016, 08:10 AM
Post #96

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(bobg @ Feb 9 2016, 03:02 AM) *

I never found out what caused it. I think my dad got rid of the gun rather than having it fixed. For me as a teenager, it was sort of exciting firing an auto 12guage.

I would find that exciting and Iīm not a teenager tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 11 2016, 11:55 AM
Post #97

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Hickok45 on home defense: Double Barrel Shotgun vs AR15

Not that I have a choice in this case, itīs shotgun or nothing for me mellow.gif

Edit: Just tested my new .22 magnum!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

It works great, though it did fail to reload once but that couldīve been me not properly loading the magazine. 49 rounds out of 50 is not too bad smile.gif

But I really wish there was a 30-round mag for my gun. I have two five-shot and it doesnīt take long before I have to reload them again dry.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Feb 11 2016, 05:01 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 18 2016, 10:56 AM
Post #98

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I have plans to get a round, flat piece of metal at which to fire my .22 gun. It wonīt be much risk involved with a caliber that low (I will of course keep my distance and use safety glasses) and it will hang so it can swing, though I doubt it will swing much from a .22 rifle. I like the idea of a fixed target that makes a sound when I hit it and that I donīt have to replace it constantly (like I have to with tin cans).

As for the .30-06 and slug, well, I think Iīll make something I can hang clay pigeons on and other targets that are meant to be destroyed. I may even employ some 2-liters, Hickok45 style biggrin.gif

I also plan to get a gun safe to the cottage so I can safely* store my guns while there. Theyīre not too expensive and will allow me to have both guns and ammo there so I can go out shooting a bit when the mood hits me smile.gif

* in other words I wonīt follow SubRosaīs dadīs example.. wink.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Feb 18 2016, 10:58 AM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 9 2016, 02:57 PM
Post #99

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Shotgun special! smile.gif

Shotguns are awesome! Almost everyone over here has at least a shotgun at home, even if they donīt hunt at all and donīt have any other firearm. Itīs just such a common gun and itīs so versatile. Even if you donīt have a rifled shotgun, you can be accurate enough with some good slugs.

My dad has a hammerless side-by-side with two triggers that his dad used to have and itīs the most iconic shotgun for me. Myself I have an over-under and a pump and I wouldnīt mind a side-by-side with outside hammers just for variety. Though I reckon the silly laws over here might question my "need" for another shotgun. Well, how does "for fun" tickle you? tongue.gif

Now for my favourite videos on this subject from hickok45!

Shotgun slugfest chapter 2
Shotgun slugs at 230 yards
Pump vs semi-auto
The Chiappa Triple Threat

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 19 2016, 02:07 PM
Post #100

Spam Meister
Group Icon

YES!

My ammo has finally arrived! I now have well over a thousand rounds of .22 magnum and about 50 slugs! Fun times coming up! biggrin.gif I do need to get more birdshot though but that will have to wait. For now Iīm happy with the .22 ammo and slugs smile.gif

Iīm trying to get my little shooting range ready but this is a project. Iīm gonna build something permanent later and put it up as well as getting flower pots and bricks to smoke. I have some of the latter ready so I can at least start getting my .22 hot. If you guys wanna come we can have a BBQ whilst shooting a bit biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post

78 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:19 AM