210 Pages V « < 180 181 182 183 184 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where Are You Today?
mirocu
post Mar 7 2021, 09:37 AM
Post #3621

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Winter has indeed ended. Well, as far as Lothran is concerned anyway *looks out window* -Ehhh.. hehe.gif

-----------------

Early in the morning, before anyone besides the guards were up and about, Lothran made his last minute preparations to leave. Bedroom door was closed, fireplace put out and travel chest cleared of things to bring along the journey south. After one last look at his home Lothran was out the door, locking it good.

The Jeralls are quite the different sight when it's not snowing. Lothran could see for miles and it was like a whole new world had opened up for him. (same feeling as when you find a new item in Zelda: Link's Awakening that allows you to remove an obstacle and proceed into a new area - author's note) With determined steps Lothran got further away from Bruma, past the empty Capstone cave and Applewatch. He was taking the longest route this time, all the way past Hermaeus Mora's shrine and the daedra that always reside beyond it. This time it was a Daedroth which the Spriggan and her bear took care of and all Lothran had to do was collecting its teeth.

Standing by the steps that lead down from the mountains and into the Colovians, Lothran removed his fur helmet, gauntlets and cuirass and donned his Huntsman's vest instead. It is time to once again explore the Highlands.

This post has been edited by mirocu: Mar 7 2021, 12:54 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 7 2021, 01:00 PM
Post #3622

Paladin
Group Icon

I remember that Lothran heads west instead of south after the winter - out toward Hermia Morosa's place, then angling down into the Colovians. Nice to see his rituals continuing. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 7 2021, 01:28 PM
Post #3623

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 7 2021, 01:00 PM) *

I remember that Lothran heads west instead of south after the winter - out toward Hermia Morosa's place, then angling down into the Colovians. Nice to see his rituals continuing. smile.gif

Well, for a few years now he hasn't gone past mr Mora but rather opted for earlier routes and proceeded southward. I guess it's more west than south but it's still down from the Jeralls which is why I say south tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 7 2021, 06:16 PM
Post #3624

Councilor
Group Icon

Aw, how lovely. Well, I suppose all the goblins and ogres of the Bruma area / Pale Pass can breathe a collective sigh of relief. And all the guards can go back to wondering "should I have gone with that mysterious Nordic Dunmer?" as they spend yet another night patrolling their now less-snowy township.

Cheers.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 7 2021, 06:27 PM
Post #3625

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Cheers, Renee laugh.gif

Yes, the critters are now safe and the guards of Bruma are on their own as Lothran has just visited Lipsand Tarn and offed some vamps. Only in the first section though as he didn't fancy a full-on dungeon dive. He's currently camping close to Cloud Top and will visit it tomorrow. It is a wonderful view over Cyrodiil from here!

This post has been edited by mirocu: Mar 8 2021, 05:48 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 13 2021, 06:09 PM
Post #3626

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Today Lothran cleared out Crumbling Mine just outside of Chorrol. You'd think the Chorrol guard would have already done that but nope; it's up to the Dunmer as usual. No loot worthy of mentioning.

This post has been edited by mirocu: Mar 15 2021, 05:52 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 13 2021, 06:25 PM
Post #3627

Paladin
Group Icon

No rest for the weary - not even in Chorrol.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 15 2021, 05:52 PM
Post #3628

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Nope; today Lothran cleared out Broken Promises Cave and found quite a bit of gold, including a nugget!

I forgot to mention when we left Bruma; Honmund has picked 25 samples of Clouded Funnel Cap this season.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 18 2021, 01:08 AM
Post #3629

Councilor
Group Icon

Early evening, Heartfire 4, Year 1, 4th Era

Lady Saga escapes the late summer sun of lower Cyrodiil, trading the heat for some coolness up here in Bruma. Having just come back from Capstone Cave, she's exhausted. Rents a room in Jerall View Inn, lays her things aside, and then has a meal. Snar the Cook serves up an odd dish of corn, and a huge potato fried in flour. Calories, and lots of them.

After her meal, she wastes no time going back into her rented room, and falls asleep within a minute of lying down. Down... into what she likes to call 'Cyrodiilic Slumber'. Tomorrow shall be a busy day.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 18 2021, 08:48 PM
Post #3630

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I wonder what that busy day will bring? Now that Lothran is out of town, Her Ladyship will have to TCoB!

----------------

Lothran had a special assignment today; fixing a new bow for Honditar. Yes; as the Dunmer walked passed the shooting range by the Fighters Guild yesterday, he saw Honditar training with his bow. He noticed something though. Every time Honditar let off an arrow, the bow flew out of his hand! Every single time! And every time he picked it up again. Lothran quickly deduced it had to be broken and decided to get Honditar a new one. He also wanted to fix that bow which would be tricky as he couldn't just walk up and ask for it in order to repair it.

So as evening rolled in and Honditar went to his cabin outside the walls, Lothran snuck after him and nicked it while also dropping off a new bow on the ground in return. He then brought the broken bow back to the Guild, repaired it in the basement and then went out and put it down on the ground where the shooting targets are. Hopefully Honditar will now pick either bow so he can resume his practice!

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 20 2021, 01:26 AM
Post #3631

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 18 2021, 03:48 PM) *

I wonder what that busy day will bring? Now that Lothran is out of town, Her Ladyship will have to TCoB!

Ha ha well let's find out, shall we?

That sounds funny, Honitar kept dropping his bow! laugh.gif How bizarre that must be. Never seen anything like that. cake.gif That is for Lothrie.

----------------

Turdas, 11:28 am, Heartfire 5, 4th Era Year 1

IPB Image

Aerin from Valenwood (aka Lady Saga) sleeps-in late, and then moseys around Bruma for the remaining portions of the morning.

After leaving Jerall View Inn she walks downhill. The morning is brisk, but not cold. 'Tis of good fortune to be here in the north! thinks she. On the town's eastern end there's a small area where warm water flows from an underground spring. The elf wanders into this water, has a drink. She allows her feet and ankles to get immersed within the spring-water's warmth for awhile, then she heads to the Mages Guild.

"You're in good company friend," says Volanaro, the guild's resident Nightblade. "Welcome!"

Before Saga can reply, she is abruptly interrupted. "Excuses, excuses," says a Nord lady wearing green finery. "I have been sent to give you this."

"Sorry?" asks Saga. "Who are you?"

The Nord lady hands Saga a note. "That note is for you," she replies hastily. "Please speak to the questing agent who resides in Castle Bruma's Great Hall. His name is Doorfdunnt. You may find him sitting behind his desk in the castle's Great Hall from 8 to 5. I know nothing more."

And like that, the lady leaves, walking right out of the Mage's guild in a small hurry. Back to the castle, presumably.

Saga looks down at the note, and has a read.

Dearest Adventuring Type...

We know of your accomplishments, all over the lands of Cyrdiil. Your fame, it does precede. Might you take some time out of your cantankerous schedule and place one visit upon our Castle here in Bruma? Please arrange speaking with Doorfdunnt, our Questing Steward.

~Countess Narina Corvain~

The elf from Valenwood quietly reads the note, then puts it away in her satchel. Smiles

"Ah, how quaint," says another Mages Guild elf, a lady in blue Saga does not recognize. "How do you do?"

Lady Saga does not answer. Time to speak to Selena Orania, the Mage's Guild Alchemist. who'll hopefully have all sorts of ingredients. Time to see what sort of potions and poisons can be made in not-so-cold town.

-------------

Hot Spring Bathing

Mysterious Nord gives Saga a note

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 20 2021, 04:05 PM
Post #3632

Spam Meister
Group Icon

No snow? Bruma not cold? Warm water flowing through town?

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 20 2021, 05:58 PM
Post #3633

Paladin
Group Icon

Mirocu - Good on Lothran for helping to make sure poor old Honditar has a working bow!

Renee - Those warm springs sound refreshing indeed! Ah, springtime in Bruma - and a call to the castle.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 20 2021, 08:38 PM
Post #3634

Councilor
Group Icon

mirocu -- It's summer in Saga's world. cool.gif Heartfire = late summer. Your elf never sticks around long enough to see what happens in Bruma. tongue.gif

Acadian -- What is Buffy up to? Anything? Are you still playing ESO?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 20 2021, 08:54 PM
Post #3635

Paladin
Group Icon

Renee, thanks for asking. Yes, Buffy's still living and adventuring in ESO. She has about 4.5 years and 9.5k hours there now. Not only is the game huge but it is a dynamic, changing and growing world so it feels impossible to outgrow. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 21 2021, 09:20 AM
Post #3636

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 20 2021, 05:58 PM) *

Mirocu - Good on Lothran for helping to make sure poor old Honditar has a working bow!

And it worked! Lothran has now left Chorrol for the Imperial City but right before he watched Honditar go to the range and pick up his bow. He didn't take the other one though that Lothran dropped by his cabin as he didn't need it then and there. But his steel bow repaired to 125% will hopefully make him through another 14 years! laugh.gif

QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 20 2021, 08:38 PM) *

mirocu -- It's summer in Saga's world. cool.gif Heartfire = late summer. Your elf never sticks around long enough to see what happens in Bruma. tongue.gif

You'd think three months would be enough tongue.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 20 2021, 08:54 PM) *

Buffy's still living and adventuring in ESO. She has about 4.5 years and 9.5k hours there now. Not only is the game huge but it is a dynamic, changing and growing world so it feels impossible to outgrow. smile.gif

Sounds like Cyrodiil for me laugh.gif

Yes, as stated Lothran is now in the Imperial City. He realized that Easter comes early this year so he doesn't have time to mosey around county Chorrol as long as usual. One week will be spent in the City and then as Easter week rolls around he will as always depart for Skingrad.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 28 2021, 04:30 PM
Post #3637

Councilor
Group Icon

Lothran has an Easter Bunny in his game? wub.gif That must be fun. Pics, please.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Heartfire 5, 4th Era Year 1

Days Passed: 375

The day is blustery with wind, but not particularly cold. No snow flies in the air, no drifts pile upon the ground. This is Bruma's summer, and Lady Saga spends most of this day walking wearing an armless fur cuirass.

"I offer the finest goods and lowest prices in all Cyrodiil," greets Selena Orania, the Mages Guild Alchemist.

"What sorts of herbs and tinctures have you?" asks the blonde wood elf.

Unfortunately, Saga's visit to the Mages Guild is disappointing. Selena hasn't got much of the 'herbs and tinctures' she prefers. Well, Selena has plenty of herbs and tinctures to create healing potions and such, but not so much to create poisons. And it's these poisons which Saga relies on most, as she delves into enemy territories.

"A pleasure to serve you," says Selena as the elf finishes her purchases.

Saga spends the rest of the afternoon mixing up what she can. She'll certainly be needing her latest batch tomorrow. After eight hours of work, the elf can only produce two poisons which will damage health, two for damaging endurance, and one which damages fatigue. Dismal. Perhaps her stay up north won't be as long as she'd hoped for.

-----------------------------

(Oops. I wrote a whole quest for Capstone Cave but I forgot Saga was just in there. So we gotta wait for its spell to respawn. That'll be next update!)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 28 2021, 07:55 PM
Post #3638

Paladin
Group Icon

Hey, a mermaid has to replenish her stocks and chill a bit between adventures, right?

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 29 2021, 06:39 PM
Post #3639

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 28 2021, 05:30 PM) *

Lothran has an Easter Bunny in his game? wub.gif That must be fun. Pics, please.

Nope. Don't know what gave you that idea tongue.gif

Lothran is now at Shadeleaf Copse not far from Skingrad. Or SkinGrad if the signs are correct when you highlight them. Absolutely gorgeous area and I always love coming here at Easter. Battled a few Daedra and critters along the way and resurrected a dead Legionnaire who helped Lothran. Next session will see the elf entering town and once again enjoy the interesting architecture.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 1 2021, 12:59 AM
Post #3640

Councilor
Group Icon

Morndas, late afternoon, Heartfire 9, 4th Era Year 1

Days Passed: 379

IPB Image

Pricil Aradas was once the son of a prominent member of Bruma society. A squire. Well-dressed, and well-trained as an up-and-coming knight, he once had a bright future in a thriving town.

Then it all came crashing down around him.

It was the skooma that got to him. Skooma, that sweet-smelling, foul-tasting brew. Harvested from moon sugar, distributed all over. All it took was one quick taste of a particular brew which had been passing around the northern lands all summer, and Pricil Aradas's slow fall from gallantry began. Within a year, he had sold all his possessions, and moved into Capstone Cave. For days and nights, weeks, then months, all the mattered was where his next bottle could be found.

"Hmph. Must have been the wind."

Being a former knight-in-training, Pricil knew the area around Bruma well. He'd begun to use this knowledge to educate all his new cave-dwelling friends (bandits and smugglers) on the best routes to move their product in and around Bruma. Pricil knew how and when the guard would be patrolling. It had all come easily to him, this suddenly covert life of his. Hiding in shadows. And the funniest thing was, nobody back in town had noticed Pricil had gone missing.

"Nothing to worry about I guess," the formerly chivalrous squire said nervously. "Just my eyes playing tricks on me!"

Pricil Aradas had no way of knowing that this day, Heartfire 9 of Year 1, would be his very last.

The blonde elf from Valenwood had crept upon Pricil from behind. Blending into shadows. She readied her bow, a rare Dwemer piece, and waited for that perfect moment. With years of experience and hours of patience. she carefully aimed and loosed her poisoned arrow. Within a second, the squire-turned-bandit stumbled, then fell! As the poison took full effect, he coughed a moment before unsheathing his own weapon!

But by then, his health was already half-drained. "OH what's the matta?" he shouted, keeping his sword high. "Is the baby gonna cry?"

He rushed the elf, but it was too late. She raised her arm, and summoned a bear. Raised her arm again, and Pricil found himself soon caught within a swarm of rats! ... As he swung and dodged, parried and blocked, his last thoughts before he fell for good were of that first taste of that bottle of skooma, and how it had led to these very last moments.

The elf known as Lady Saga's face was stern as she released one final arrow of silver.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Saga speaks to Bruma's Questing Agent

By order of the County of Bruma

Heading toward Capstone Cave

Lady Saga combats the former knight-in-training

--------------------
+Quote Post

210 Pages V « < 180 181 182 183 184 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 06:11 PM