> Update from Bethesda, Creation Kit and 1.2 patch issues
Thomas Kaira
post Dec 1 2011, 10:08 PM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

What Bethesda currently has planned for Skyrim

A few highlights:

The Creation Kit is slated to hit in January. This will include a tandem release of a Creation Kit Wiki and several tutorial vids to help you get started if you are new or get acquainted with new features if you are a returning modder.

Bethesda is working with Valve to make it possible to distribute mods through Valve's own mod distribution service: Steam Workshop. A notable feature: you can browse for Skyrim mods anywhere you have an internet connection and flag mods you like, and then when you return to your game PC, thyey will be downloaded and installed automatically.

And for those of you who can see the obvious holes in such a system (particularly pertaining to Bethesda mods), you can still use modding sites like Skyrim Nexus to get them.

A hotfix for the backwards flying dragons and broken resistances is slated to hit next week. This time, they anticipate PC will get it first. :tongue:

Finally, we can anticipate most future small updates to be obtained by the PC users first, and more often (title updates will likely still see tandem releases to keep things fair) because update certification is not required for us.

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 1 2011, 11:08 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Dec 1 2011, 04:08 PM) *

What Bethesda currently has planned for Skyrim
Finally, we can anticipate most future small updates to be obtained by the PC users first, and more often (title updates will likely still see tandem releases to keep things fair) because update certification is not required for us.

So they can see what the patches break on the PC games, and then fix the issues before they release the broken patch on the consoles. How generous.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Dec 1 2011, 11:11 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

They should just come out an tell us this is the Beta period.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 1 2011, 11:14 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Dec 1 2011, 05:11 PM) *

They should just come out an tell us this is the Beta period.

I do not think the alpha period is over yet! ohmy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Dec 1 2011, 11:30 PM
Post #5

Finder
Group Icon

January, huh? Be a while before I can merge my two Skyrim folders then. Not that I plan too anyways. *glares at Steam* Ah well, the 'bugs' in the retail aren't enough to concern me over much beyond the random crash to desktops when I'm walking on the world map level and not found anything new to promt a quicksave for 30+ minutes.

--------------------
"When in danger, or in doubt.
Run in Circles, scream and shout."
The Tides of Oblivion
Shot of the week:Hunter and Prey.
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Dec 1 2011, 11:56 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

I just hope they keep coming with more patches, that actually work though, faster. The only issue I had previously was a few random crashes to desktop and on rare occasions texture bugs, but hardly anything other that that. After the 1.2 patch that hasn't change - except that it happens more often now.
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Dec 2 2011, 01:16 AM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

Guess I'm one of the lucky few then. My game has been rock-solid stable since 11-11-11. No random crashes whatsoever.

All things considered, I think Bethesda did a pretty good job on at least getting the game's codebase stable before release. Oblivion and Fallout 3 are much worse about crashes for me.

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Dec 2 2011, 01:50 AM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

I've had graphical glitches since day 1, lots of texture flashing. I've had a few crashes but not so many that it's a big deal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Dec 2 2011, 12:52 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

Think it has to do with how the game is or is not optimized for Windows platforms. Just seems that the bugs on PC varies a lot while on console people seem to have more similar bugs.

Anyone know if you still need to download that mod or modify the .ini file or something for the game to work with more than 2 GB RAM? Or did the patch fix that? Just wondering since I haven't tested out that mod yet and I'm running with 8 GB RAM so.
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Dec 2 2011, 03:35 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

Just to point out, every Xbox and PS3 is basically the same. There isn't much hardware difference from one to the other. Whereas PC hardware and software varies A LOT.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Dec 3 2011, 12:04 AM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Dec 2 2011, 03:35 PM) *

Just to point out, every Xbox and PS3 is basically the same. There isn't much hardware difference from one to the other. Whereas PC hardware and software varies A LOT.

Yep. But yeah, still doesn't seem that it has been optimized much for PCs. Even with other games, although not as big as Skyrim when it comes to content, textures etc. they usually have pretty similar bugs even when people play on completely different rigs with hardware, old/new drivers etc.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:49 PM