Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

64 Pages V « < 62 63 64  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
macole
post Apr 2 2020, 04:12 PM
Post #1261

Evoker

Acadian: Thanks for the comment.

I remember seeing everyone's sceenshots of their Elsweyr adventures, yours included. For years I've said I must take the tour some day. Both Elsweyr and Valenwood have exceeded my expectations. Now I know I'm not showing anything that most everyone here hasn't experienced before. It does give me a good feeling to know that my adventure brings back fond memories of such a well done mod creation to those who have played it.

One of the better parts of Anequina is seeing the different Khajiit variations. I had a little chuckle when you mentioned that along with ESO. I had just written a conversation between the Ladies and Jandaga about the very subject.

--------------------
"Mysticism involves the manipulation of magical forces and boundaries to bypass the structures and limitations of the physical world." I call it Console Magic of the Fey.

Endure and through enduring grow strong.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 2 2020, 06:11 PM
Post #1262

Councilor
Group Icon

Duncori Walk is reminiscent of some area along the coast of Africa, look at that! wub.gif Or maybe Greece.

150 gold a night, whew! How much does Jandaga usually have on-hand?

I love all your conversation moments! Maybe it's unintentional, but a lot of them seem to be tongue-in-cheek humorous. tongue.gif

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
macole
post Apr 3 2020, 07:25 AM
Post #1263

Evoker

Jandaga once knew a lady who told him, "You're not a man if you don't have $100 in your wallet". A guy doesn't forget a thing like that. That was a long time ago and things have gone up. So now to be safe he makes sure he has more than enough on-hand. Right now though he has a little more than usual. It's been awhile since he's been to Imperial City to visit the bank. As a result he is currently carrying little over 200,000 gold pieces. His current bank account balance is 1,137,252.

Thank you for the comment. Most of the conversations are meant to be tongue-in-cheek humorous. A bit of poking fun at both my poor writing, and the TES lore that I don't agree with.

Beside that there's the party thing. I have four members in the party one male, three female; surely there must be some sort of emotional tie to bind them together? Surely they talk amongst themselves; gentle ribbing and flirtation and such?

--------------------
"Mysticism involves the manipulation of magical forces and boundaries to bypass the structures and limitations of the physical world." I call it Console Magic of the Fey.

+Quote Post
macole
post Apr 4 2020, 05:45 AM
Post #1264

Evoker

20200403 Elsweyr –> Cyrodill
We left Corinthe right after lunch taking the road south a ways before turning east so we could see the waterfalls.

Come on, stay on the foot bridge.

A nice peaceful stroll through a coconut grove leading down to the sea was all it took to relax and get us to talking about things other than fighting beasties in the dark.

Did you notice the Royal Pahmar in Corinthe?” I asked Kaleah. “They were walking on all fours, like big cats. I’ve read that in the 2nd era they walked on two legs. I’ve even seen paintings with two-legged Pahmar.”

“Like the dunes in the desert the Khajiit are ever changing, my Feache,” replied Kaleah.

“Artistic license,” injected Maeva. “It depends on who wrote the book or painted the painting.”

Pym began crawling around on her hands and knees. Suddenly she jumped up and presses a handful of sand in my hand. It was slightly warm and comforting to the touch. Then Pym began dancing like a marionette, hopping one foot to the other. Again she grabbed a handful of sand and pressed it into my hand. It burned like fire.

Screaming bloody murder, I jerked my hand back, dropping the sand.

“Ok, ok, I get it. Pahmar are multi-gaited and can adapt to different conditions. Blame it on climate change, I guess. But, geez girl did you have to give me blisters!”

Big pools of tears welled up in Pym’s eyes. Now how can I stay angry with such an innocent looking face?

The discussion of the different Khajiit moon variations (lunarations) went on for quite awhile as we walked. Nearing the beach we were attacked by a fierce beast. Pym’s Sword of Nuada flashed once, twice and the beast was dead. Turning toward us, Pym gives us her brightest smile. Innocent, yet oh so vicious, that’s Pym our very own Hit-Girl.

Oh, so that’s a glyptodon. Good thing Pym was paying attention or I might have ended up with new legs.

Further up the shoreline we discovered a shrine. A totem carved in the likeness of a great horned bull dedicated to Ius.

It’s getting darker and forest is getting denser with each step. A bellow, the likes of which we haven’t heard in months of travel, pierces the silence. We look up just in time to see a young blue dragon swooping down upon us.

The little dragon out of the way we continued on in the ever increasing darkness until we came upon a small dock. A small tent with one knapsack was setup on the dock. We were all very tired so we didn't question whose tent it belonged to, we just crammed ourselves in like clowns in a VW.

After much jostling to get comfortable, the last thing I heard before falling sleep was Maeva asking, “What’s a VW?”

--------------------

+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 4 2020, 05:40 PM
Post #1265

Councilor
Group Icon

Goodness that's a lot of money!

What exactly is a VW? laugh.gif

Your writing isn't poor, it's entertaining. Here is an example of some poor writing.

------------------------------

Fredas, 9:52 am, Sun's Height 26, 3rd Era 434

Play Time: 301:06:42

Days Passed: 334

"What do you want?!"

A lady huffs by. She says so sharply. Sarcastically. An edge to her voice. It's a tone the Redguard has heard many times, in many places. He breaks out of his reverie, unsure if the lady, Bernadette Peneles, is serious about getting an actual response from him. He hems for a moment.

"Well I--"

The moment is gone. Wasn't Bernadette that lady Glarthir wanted me to spy on? ... Well, off she goes, to tend to her row of grapes. Off she goes, to make an honest and decent living, under what would probably be oppressive summer heat, once the skies cleared.

The Redguard stands a moment. Tries to remember which hooved beast he came in on. For there are three hooved beasts, all of them horses, tethered before Skingrad's West Gate: two bays and an obvious Legion steed. It begins to rain while the Redguard tries to decide between the three. So much for oppressive summer heat.

"It's you," says an Imperial man abruptly from behind, causing the Redguard to flinch. 'Hi." He's headed back into town, probably because of the sudden rain.

"How are you?" A Breton.

"The Gray Fox protects you."

The Redguard's face flinches again. It's Shameer who blurts that final comment. Must they always be so fokkinge obvious? .. The Redguard makes a shushing movement, placing three fingers to his lips. Motions for Shameer to keep moving.

And goes back to his decision making.

IPB Image

He realizes that everyone is gone, all the wine-makers, and even the guards. He smirks. Suddenly, the gloomy morning rain doesn't seem so gloomy anymore.

"You are the rat, and you are the cat. You are the one who's got the hat."

He grins wildly, because he's just chosen the Imperial steed. Yes! The best choice of all! It'll be like thumbing his nose at every guard he gallops by. It would also be the most unreliable in the long run, apparently the Imperials bred their horses to go ... somewhere else, after a set amount of time passed. But at least he wouldn't need to ride it for long.

"Ready to rush away? Today's your lucky day," he quips. He can already imagine the surprises he'll fetch, once he's back on the Waterfront.

He grabs the horse's upper saddle mount. Hoists himself upwards. Gazes into the gloom, for somebody is suddenly rushing near.

This post has been edited by Renee: Apr 4 2020, 06:56 PM
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 4 2020, 06:49 PM
Post #1266

Councilor
Group Icon

Hey, I just realized that viewing this page through Google Chrome makes the entire page stretch because of that picture. But it looks okay with Firefox or IE. So try those browsers instead.

Edit: I fixed it, I think.

This post has been edited by Renee: Apr 4 2020, 10:02 PM
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 4 2020, 07:50 PM
Post #1267

Paladin
Group Icon

macole – A delightful blend of beautifully tropical scenery and insightfully hilarious conversation.

Renee – And the Weet Bandit in Skingrad as he tries to choose a horse to steal and you poke fun at some of the in-game dialogue. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Yesterday, 05:29 AM
Post #1268

Evoker

After reading the stories written by some very good authors in this and other forms and after nearly 4-years of practice I hope I've improved somewhat. It's good feeling to know someone finds it enjoyable. Forgive me if I ramble.

Renee: This one "You are the rat, and you are the cat. You are the one who's got the hat." made me think of The Cat In The Hat. So I went searching and found The Cat With A Rat. It’s about a girl and her cat and the cat’s little rat and the rat’s little hat which was bright, bright red.

Fit so well I wonder if you had ever read of that.

The Jandaga found out later after he had fallen asleep (I thought of it and added it to my permanent copy after I submitted the post) that Kaleah answered Maeva's VW question with, "It's a kind of beetle." To which Maeva replied, "Oooh." like that made all the sense in the world.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Yesterday, 08:15 AM
Post #1269

Ancient
Group Icon

*GASPS* ohmy.gif

A Weet Bandit story? Just before Easter week? And it plays out in Skingrad, just when a certain Dunmer is heading that way.

This is AWESOME! cool.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Yesterday, 09:25 AM
Post #1270

Master
Group Icon

Kahreem returns on Easter! panic.gif A great surprise to go along with my morning tea.

"You are the rat, and you are the cat. You are the one who's got the hat."

I've never read about a more unique way to choose which hooved beast to ride. laugh.gif

Those thieves just can't help but openly greet their leader. At least they didn't say "Kahreem protects you!". wink.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post

64 Pages V « < 62 63 64
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th April 2020 - 06:49 PM