> The Fallout Screenshot Thread, For FO3, NV and their DLC
macole
post Aug 27 2020, 04:41 AM
Post #2281

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 26 2020, 03:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 26 2020, 01:15 PM) *

Fallout is similar to Elder Scrolls in a way (for me), in the sense that I can roll a character who does not always take part in combat. I have a character in Goodsprings (New Vegas) for instance who mostly just scavenges. She might only shoot at a gecko, if she's hungry.

I believe the official term is toon...

The Jandaga take exception to the term toon He much prefers The Toon. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by macole: Aug 27 2020, 04:42 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 27 2020, 03:19 PM
Post #2282

Ancient
Group Icon

I’m not a fan of the term “toon”. Makes me think of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, lol. It’s fine for a movie but I don’t think of my characters as cartoons.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 27 2020, 05:06 PM
Post #2283

Councilor
Group Icon

I hear ya, Khajiit. It doesn't seem appropriate to call our beloved people toons, right? laugh.gif

For me, the whole toon thing began as an inside joke, at least between Lopov and I and maybe a couple others. We'd never used that term before. But then, a prominent member of the old Bethesda forums was ranting one day about how he spent so much time playing WoW. After years, he'd come to loathe the terms "toon", avatar, "tank", "caster", "beat the game"... there was a whole list of terms, and he was really going off. laugh.gif I dunno. I found it sort of funny, and I think he was ranting in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way. So if you see me saying toon, it's still an inside joke!

Let me see if I can find any more pics. Get this derailed car back on track. biggrin.gif Okay, again these are Cho Zen Wan pics. He was invading Tanleytown Metro Station (or maybe it was Friendly Metro...). I wrote a series of repeatable quests featuring fun places to raid. Pwn the boss (more gamer terms...) and he gets paid back at Citadel.

Arrival

Rebuilding America's Future Today!

Agh. This coffee tastes like [censored]. Need some more whiskey.

Tanleytown Dominator -- (This is the respawning boss I added. Leveled Lists gave him a rocket launcher + hockey mask. Now that's a combination, right?)

Cho sets a Plasma Mine

BZZT!!!!

It's go time!

Cho went into hiding while trying to find a good sniping spot. The Tanleytown Dominator then began a massive search, and wound up stepping into supermutant terrirory.

If only you will you just... Stand.... STILL!!!

Ruralllreagh!

I'm getting out of here!

That's how it ended. Cho managed to get some shots off, hitting both the mutant and the Dominator, but it was the supermutie who finished the Tanleytown Dominator.

This post has been edited by Renee: Aug 27 2020, 05:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 27 2020, 09:29 PM
Post #2284

Paladin
Group Icon

Fun pix, Renee! Looks like a scary place. Glad that Cho got some help by his foes going for each other.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 27 2020, 09:57 PM
Post #2285

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 27 2020, 12:06 PM) *

I hear ya, Khajiit. It doesn't seem appropriate to call our beloved people toons, right? laugh.gif

For me, the whole toon thing began as an inside joke, at least between Lopov and I and maybe a couple others. We'd never used that term before. But then, a prominent member of the old Bethesda forums was ranting one day about how he spent so much time playing WoW. After years, he'd come to loathe the terms "toon", avatar, "tank", "caster", "beat the game"... there was a whole list of terms, and he was really going off. laugh.gif I dunno. I found it sort of funny, and I think he was ranting in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way. So if you see me saying toon, it's still an inside joke!

Let me see if I can find any more pics. Get this derailed car back on track. biggrin.gif Okay, again these are Cho Zen Wan pics. He was invading Tanleytown Metro Station (or maybe it was Friendly Metro...). I wrote a series of repeatable quests featuring fun places to raid. Pwn the boss (more gamer terms...) and he gets paid back at Citadel.

Arrival

Rebuilding America's Future Today!

Agh. This coffee tastes like [censored]. Need some more whiskey.

Tanleytown Dominator -- (This is the respawning boss I added. Leveled Lists gave him a rocket launcher + hockey mask. Now that's a combination, right?)

Cho sets a Plasma Mine

BZZT!!!!

It's go time!

Cho went into hiding while trying to find a good sniping spot. The Tanleytown Dominator then began a massive search, and wound up stepping into supermutant terrirory.

If only you will you just... Stand.... STILL!!!

Ruralllreagh!

I'm getting out of here!

That's how it ended. Cho managed to get some shots off, hitting both the mutant and the Dominator, but it was the supermutie who finished the Tanleytown Dominator.

Yep, that was PseronWyrd. He hated people rolling toons to b3@t teh game with. Which only made us want to use the term even more. f3@R M3 n00b$! All your base are belong to us! laugh.gif

I remember that raider base. It is the one at the northern end of the line of subway lines that runs from Rivet City, clear through the DC Ruins, to the wasteland in the north. That is always a tough one to crack. There is usually someone in there with a rocket launcher or flamethrower.

Oh, getting the boss to fight super-mutants is great! Boom!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 28 2020, 02:29 AM
Post #2286

Ancient
Group Icon

Fun pics!

Subbie commented in another thread that she’s feeling drawn towards Fallout3 due to your pics. I’m feeling the pull too!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 28 2020, 03:31 AM
Post #2287

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 27 2020, 09:29 PM) *

Fun pics!

Subbie commented in another thread that she’s feeling drawn towards Fallout3 due to your pics. I’m feeling the pull too!

Yes, Renee's pics are calling to me like potato chips in the night. Come to me! Come!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 29 2020, 01:14 PM
Post #2288

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 27 2020, 06:06 PM) *

"Now you just sit here and wait, understand?"

biggrin.gif

Nice set of pics, Renee. Haven't lost your touch, I see happy.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 31 2020, 07:25 AM
Post #2289

Ancient
Group Icon

January wanders the Capital Wasteland

The Big Iron on her shoulder

So what is this about Atom?

Welcome to Megaton

Jan has a Regulator

Sittin' on the dock of the bay

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 31 2020, 02:14 PM
Post #2290

Councilor
Group Icon

I miss Pseron Wyrd. smile.gif He could be abrasive at times, but in his own way he could also be fun / funny. He is a member here at Chorrol (along with glargg and a whole slew of others) and he did post here for awhile. Now he's a moderator in the new forums, and he's pretty good at it in my opinion. Very professional. He no longer rants about toons or b34t!nG d@ g4m3. laugh.gif

Jan's hair has a tinge of reddish in the CW.

Where did you find her outfit? I always ask that question.

She looks sad in the final picture. I get it. The Capitol Wasteland can be a depressing place.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 31 2020, 07:30 PM
Post #2291

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 31 2020, 01:25 AM) *

Neat pics! So what mod/mods do you use to get those different poses, like the one where she is holding the bottle or sitting on the dock? Also, what kind of gun is a Regulator?

@Renee:
If I’m not mistaken, Jan is wearing the stealth armor from NV.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 31 2020, 07:31 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 31 2020, 07:43 PM
Post #2292

Paladin
Group Icon

There's Jan, hanging out in the badlands in her steel-nipple armor and chillin' with a pop. And she meets Robbie the Robot! Renee is right. I too noticed the increased gold/red in her hair as wells as what seems to be a 'poutier' look to her.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Aug 31 2020, 10:07 PM
Post #2293

Mouth
Group Icon

Having never played FO3 and very little of FO4 I find the pictures interesting to look at. I'm assuming these are from Fallout 3?

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 1 2020, 01:40 AM
Post #2294

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Aug 31 2020, 04:07 PM) *

I’m assuming these are from Fallout 3?

Yep, though she’s running mods that add things like poses and weapons and armor from NV.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 1 2020, 02:04 AM
Post #2295

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 31 2020, 09:14 AM) *

I miss Pseron Wyrd. smile.gif He could be abrasive at times, but in his own way he could also be fun / funny. He is a member here at Chorrol (along with glargg and a whole slew of others) and he did post here for awhile. Now he's a moderator in the new forums, and he's pretty good at it in my opinion. Very professional. He no longer rants about toons or b34t!nG d@ g4m3. laugh.gif

Jan's hair has a tinge of reddish in the CW.

Where did you find her outfit? I always ask that question.

She looks sad in the final picture. I get it. The Capitol Wasteland can be a depressing place.

I miss Wyrd too. I loved his observations on toons, and his cats.

As always, I did an exhaustive amount of research and testing on what Jan would wear. The outfit I went with was the Stealth Mark II armor from the New Vegas dlc Old World Blues. It has a superhero look to it. The models and textures for New Vegas are in exactly the same formats as for Fallout 3, so you can transfer assets back and forth with ease. You just have to make new entries for them in the respective Gecks. I brought over a lot of stuff from New Vegas to Fallout 3. Usually you don't have to go the other way, because I think all the Fallout 3 stuff is in New Vegas by default.

She looks sad because of the character creator. Creating a character who smiles is very difficult. Mostly you have to edit the cheekbones to lift the corners of their lips to make them look happy. But that also tends to make the character look fat. As it was, I had to work to make sure she was not visibly frowning.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 31 2020, 02:30 PM) *

Neat pics! So what mod/mods do you use to get those different poses, like the one where she is holding the bottle or sitting on the dock? Also, what kind of gun is a Regulator?

I believe those are vanilla poses. I just use the console to use them. There is a mod that adds the names and pictures of them here

The Regulator is also from New Vegas, part of the vanilla game. Though now that I have finally gotten the electrical effect working, I might try making a new gun using the laser rifle as a base, or one of the laser rifle mods.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 31 2020, 02:43 PM) *

There's Jan, hanging out in the badlands in her steel-nipple armor and chillin' with a pop. And she meets Robbie the Robot! Renee is right. I too noticed the increased gold/red in her hair as wells as what seems to be a 'poutier' look to her.

Her hair is the vanilla Platinum option, basically the lightest option there is. I was hesitant to manually change the color values.

QUOTE(macole @ Aug 31 2020, 05:07 PM) *

Having never played FO3 and very little of FO4 I find the pictures interesting to look at. I'm assuming these are from Fallout 3?

This is all Fallout 3. Maybe I will play Jan in Fallout New Vegas afterward. Or maybe I will take her to another game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 1 2020, 09:18 AM
Post #2296

Master
Group Icon

January returns in August!

Nice sword on her shoulder.

I admit that I totally forgot of the C. Regulator until you mentioned it. It's been a while since any of mine have been to Zion.

Did she empty that bottle? wink.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 1 2020, 01:39 PM
Post #2297

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 31 2020, 09:04 PM) *

I miss Wyrd too. I loved his observations on toons, and his cats.

And his infrequent stories about his toons characters. He made one character who never left the Arena Bloodworks for instance, not until she beat the Grey Prince. She was a slave. Also, is it just me, or were you frequently surprised by Wyrd's outlook in various opinion threads? It always seemed like his ideas and opinions were from some other left field nook or cranny that none of us had considered.

Knowing how he is, he's lurking this thread right now and will pop in after 7 years of inactivity.

Cho returning to the Citadel. Lopov really liked that one when I showed it to him a few months ago, wherever he is. He's sort of fascinated by my habit of dimming the HUD.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 1 2020, 03:29 PM
Post #2298

Paladin
Group Icon

Cho has a determined manner to his walk.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 1 2020, 10:08 PM
Post #2299

Ancient
Group Icon

Cho looks like the classic Fallout image of the protagonist walking away down the road.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 6 2020, 02:41 AM
Post #2300

Ancient
Group Icon

Lopov: Jan did not empty the bottle. It was empty to begin with!

Her sword is from a New Vegas Jaysus mod that I ported over to FO3, and added a lightning effect to.

A Storm is coming

Shocking

Burnmaster

Jan has a Shockgun

Superheros of the past

Wish I could have been there for you

--------------------
+Quote Post

122 Pages V « < 113 114 115 116 117 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:08 PM