112 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Wobbly Goblet Discussion Thread, Out Of Character Stuff Goes Here
Darkness Eternal
post May 20 2013, 09:32 PM
Post #81

Master
Group Icon

Grits, I am coming up with a post for Vera's bath. Do you want to make the post or can I controll the housekeeper High Elf? Its totally up to you now. You have a better mind for his character than I do at the moment smile.gif

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 20 2013, 09:36 PM
Post #82

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm around for a while today, yay! So I can do Hethilion's part. Is Vera following him?

I sent Stefania to the kitchens to get Lycus' dinner. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post May 20 2013, 09:39 PM
Post #83

Master
Group Icon

I had Lycus' post ready, and part of Vera's, but then I fell asleep. I'll edit a few things out. Vera is halfway up the stairs, so Hethilion can go meet here along the way?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 20 2013, 09:40 PM
Post #84

Councilor
Group Icon

Go plan, I'm on it.

laugh.gif I meant GOOD plan. Gah! This is why I proof-read!!

This post has been edited by Grits: May 20 2013, 10:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post May 20 2013, 10:36 PM
Post #85

Master
Group Icon

Ooh, this looks interesting. And I think I might have some free time to do this. I'll give this a try, I think. Yeah, I'll give it a try.

Tally ho!
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 20 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #86

Councilor
Group Icon

Yay, Mustard!

And welcome home, Acadian! The Goblet will be open whenever you and Buffy feel like stopping by. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 20 2013, 11:55 PM
Post #87

Ancient
Group Icon

Here is a vid of the mod, a few bugs still need worked out (listed at the end).

I took a lot of footage that didn't show up, couldn't remember which button was FRAPS screenshots and which was movies. Kept hitting both, and ended up with neither for the whole beautiful front yard. Oh, and the Leyawiin Countess got stuck in the corral, ROFL !! I took a bunch of what I thought were shots of her, nothing came out. Urk.

Another thing that happened, some dark elf woman came in and sat on the bench by the road for a while, talked to Maxical! Awesome !!!!

Nothing will change on the Inn, just have to get 4 bugs out. All the triplets sell something, but Vinja isn't renting the room out for some reason. Have to lay pathgrids, remove a chandelier that is blocking entry to the basement, tweak the house quest so it updates properly, and Vinja and Eyja were twins when I first saw them, something the hell happened to both Eyja and Boromir in the few hours since I was there this morning - they uglied up big time. Better figure out what caused that, urk.

All three girls are supposed to look like Vinja, the first one you see in the vid. They all did this morning, then this afternoon it looked like a truck struck two of them.

Well, here is the vid so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XnGuxpFAIM...eature=youtu.be

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post May 21 2013, 12:12 AM
Post #88

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ May 20 2013, 11:55 PM) *

Here is a vid of the mod, a few bugs still need worked out (listed at the end).

I took a lot of footage that didn't show up, couldn't remember which button was FRAPS screenshots and which was movies. Kept hitting both, and ended up with neither for the whole beautiful front yard. Oh, and the Leyawiin Countess got stuck in the corral, ROFL !! I took a bunch of what I thought were shots of her, nothing came out. Urk.

Another thing that happened, some dark elf woman came in and sat on the bench by the road for a while, talked to Maxical! Awesome !!!!

Nothing will change on the Inn, just have to get 4 bugs out. All the triplets sell something, but Vinja isn't renting the room out for some reason. Have to lay pathgrids, remove a chandelier that is blocking entry to the basement, tweak the house quest so it updates properly, and Vinja and Eyja were twins when I first saw them, something the hell happened to both Eyja and Boromir in the few hours since I was there this morning - they uglied up big time. Better figure out what caused that, urk.

All three girls are supposed to look like Vinja, the first one you see in the vid. They all did this morning, then this afternoon it looked like a truck struck two of them.

Well, here is the vid so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XnGuxpFAIM...eature=youtu.be

Never seen someone so dedicated! AWESOME mALX! Now we get a better picture of it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 21 2013, 12:13 AM
Post #89

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ May 20 2013, 06:55 PM) *

Oh, and the Leyawiin Countess got stuck in the corral, ROFL !!

That is awesome! And the dark elf dropping by to say hi to Maxical!! I bet it was Bralsa Andaren. I love it!

“…bless her soul.” rollinglaugh.gif Oh my gosh, I am so in love with the inn! You did such a fabulous job, it is GORGEOUS! Those girls are beautiful, and there are THREE of them?! laugh.gif There won't be an adventurer anywhere else in Cyrodiil, lol.

mALX, where is the bowing-down emoticon?! Now we really need one!!

EDIT: Every time I watch this I see more detail. Amazing! wub.gif

This post has been edited by Grits: May 21 2013, 12:31 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 21 2013, 12:45 AM
Post #90

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ May 20 2013, 07:13 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ May 20 2013, 06:55 PM) *

Oh, and the Leyawiin Countess got stuck in the corral, ROFL !!

That is awesome! And the dark elf dropping by to say hi to Maxical!! I bet it was Bralsa Andaren. I love it!

bless her soul. rollinglaugh.gif Oh my gosh, I am so in love with the inn! You did such a fabulous job, it is GORGEOUS! Those girls are beautiful, and there are THREE of them?! laugh.gif There won't be an adventurer anywhere else in Cyrodiil, lol.

mALX, where is the bowing-down emoticon?! Now we really need one!!

They are supposed to be Nord triplets, I even dressed them the same (but did their hair differrent so people could tell them apart). Two of them were identical just this morning (Eyja and Vinja) and Boromir was just as beautiful but I made her hair just a touch darker and her face just a teensy bit wider so there would be a difference between them.

I figure if the player gets the mod, they will need someone running the Inn. Vinja is the good sister (100% responsibility). She sells food/wine/sundries/and is supposed to rent rooms out. She sold everything except the room just fine. I have to fix that so she'll offer the room out.

Eyja is only 50% responsibility, so she may or may not report a crime. She sells and repairs armor and weapons, and she can also recharge it (and is very low cost! She did Rockshatter for 9 septims!)

Boromir is the bad sister. She fences stolen goods. Anyway, they all sell stuff and keep the place company if an NPC comes in alone. They are all very friendly to the player.

The house quest did not update like it is supposed to, I have to keep working on that - should be just some minor tweak.

The pathgrids won't take long, but I'm going to leave them open across the front lawn so visitors will keep stopping in, I loved that! It needs done inside the Inn so the girls can get around, they are bunched up in one room and not prowling around like they should be.

One chandelier in the basement kept me from inspecting it in game, have to delet it and put some fake lighting in. Jerric will have trouble with the low ceilings in there, lol.

This morning when I played I had three gorgeous women in there. I got back there tonight and two of them looked like a MAC truck cut through the inn and smashed into them. They looked godawful! What happened? And to Eyja, of all people !!! She has always been gorgeous and stayed that way in all my other mods! Boromir may have done something to her, maybe they were fighting, lol.

Grits, this Inn is so absolutely gorgeous, it looks like it has always sat on that corner! I am so in love with it!

Give me one more day to get the bugs out, I've got to rest tonight, been working on it steadily. But I can't wait to play in it!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: May 21 2013, 12:48 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 21 2013, 12:51 AM
Post #91

Councilor
Group Icon

I thought the same thing when Maxical was walking up the hill, it looks like it has always been there. Oh! And I love where you placed the garden! And there's Sapphire!!

That is so smart to have the three sisters offer those different services, and I love that they're triplets. Lol, I can see that Boromir is going to get blamed for everything!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 21 2013, 01:05 AM
Post #92

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ May 20 2013, 07:51 PM) *

I thought the same thing when Maxical was walking up the hill, it looks like it has always been there. Oh! And I love where you placed the garden! And there's Sapphire!!

That is so smart to have the three sisters offer those different services, and I love that they're triplets. Lol, I can see that Boromir is going to get blamed for everything!

Saphire was gorgeous yesterday, and today had three marks on his/her rump like someone had attacked him! Saphire is essential I'm going to have to do something to fix that issue with him being attacked, there must be a spawn spot nearby. Also, need to give him a pathgrid so he can wander around.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 21 2013, 01:39 AM
Post #93

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ May 20 2013, 07:12 PM) *

Never seen someone so dedicated! AWESOME mALX! Now we get a better picture of it!

WOO HOO, Thank You !!!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Saquira
post May 21 2013, 08:12 AM
Post #94

Finder
Group Icon

Great job on the inn mALX, it's looking good biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post May 21 2013, 11:05 AM
Post #95

Master
Group Icon

Ye gods, mALX, that video is amazing! That's some fantastic mod-fu if I ever saw some.

Edit: Also, do we have a map with the Wobbly Goblet on it as a location? Only all we need is a screenshot of mALX's world map, and such a thing might be pretty useful.

This post has been edited by Colonel Mustard: May 21 2013, 11:16 AM
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post May 21 2013, 12:32 PM
Post #96

Ancient
Group Icon

Aw, that song! O can't make a proper reply til I get back from work layer this afternoon.

This post has been edited by Elisabeth Hollow: May 21 2013, 12:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 21 2013, 12:42 PM
Post #97

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm having a blast picking out songs for Laegon. wub.gif But I've also listened to way too much lute music, lol. We should have Wobbly Goblet karaoke! I'm sure that would help Lycus sleep. tongue.gif

Colonel, such a thing would indeed be handy. I expect in time we'll have lots more visuals for the Goblet either edited into the first post, linked to a post that mALX does, or probably some combination. smile.gif

Also, Aravi recognized Lycus from Morrowind?! HOLY CRAP! Mind blown!! ohmy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post May 21 2013, 12:51 PM
Post #98

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ May 21 2013, 12:42 PM) *

Also, Aravi recognized Lycus from Morrowind?! HOLY CRAP! Mind blown!! ohmy.gif

Heh. Yes! She was a slave, I believe, so was Kraven(now known as Lycus). I believe they met when he went on mini skirmishes against slavers in search of a friend's sister. He met Aravi along the way. But no spoiling the good details! nono.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post May 21 2013, 12:52 PM
Post #99

Ancient
Group Icon

I said the same thing, Grits, but Kayla was too flustered by the bard to notice Aravi's discomfort XD

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post May 21 2013, 03:16 PM
Post #100

Master
Group Icon

Character profile is here. This thing spiralled waaaaay out of control and totally got hella long.

Name: Theudebald gro-Chenniere
Race: Breton
Birthsign: The Lover
Home country: High Rock

Faction and rank: Journeyman of the Fighters Guild, as well as fairly well-esteemed bounty hunter and mercenary
Career: Mercenary
Career description: People hurt and things broken in exchange for monetary recompense.
Major skills: Fighting with two-handed weapons (especially hammers), heavy armour, alteration, haggling and contract negotiation
Minor skills: Restoration, marksmanship, tracking

Eyes: Brown
Hair: White; for reasons unknown to him, children being born with white hair is a fairly common occurrence in his family.
Face: Despite his age, hes got surprisingly youthful and boyish features, and is lucky enough to bear no scars on his face, aside from a badly mangled left ear.
Build: Thickset, brawny and muscular
Weapons: A steel dagger, a crossbow with a selection of steel-tipped and silver-tipped bolts, and a large Orsimer warhammer, infused with an enchantment that releases electrical energy and a blast of force on impact.
Amour/clothing: A [http://www.outfit4events.com/runtime/cache/images/productFull/mib_0022.jpg]heavy steel halfplate suite[/url], a waterproofed cloak, heavy boots. He eschews heavy gauntlets in order to make spellcasting gestures easier.
Spells: A moderately powerful restore health spell, a fairly powerful and well-practised shield spell, a fortify strength spell and a fortify speed spell; the last three are typically cast at the start of combat in order to give him an edge.

Mental profile and personality: Generally reserved, quiet and calm, and takes a stoic, to the point of harsh, viewpoint on the lethality of his job. He is not too difficult to anger, however, and generally when enraged will be calculated and quite terrifying in his violence.

History: Born in the High Rock city of Jehanna to a middle-class family of some repute (and having inherited the gro prefix to his surname from an Orc grandfather), Theudebald entertained dreams of becoming a travelling adventurer from a young age. When he was about fifteen years of age, with little training in weapons, he attempted to delve into a cave that was home of a goblin tribe, armed only with a mattock. A stroke of good fortune for him, however, meant that somebody had only entered an hour earlier, a young squire by the name of Edwystir Beaufort, a trainee member of the Knights of the Shield and Star.

Thanks to his training and superior equipment, Edwistyr was faring better against the goblins than Theudebald would have done, but was still struggling when Theudebald charged in, staving in the skulls of several surprised goblins with his mattock. The two of them agreed to work together to clear the goblin cave, and when Edwistyr gave Theudebald a recommendation to his order to serve as a squire, the two became fast friends; even when Theudebald was refused a squireship on account of being too old, in exchange for saving the life of a squire he was given tutelage by the Orders trainers. He was of average skill with most weapons, but excelled with a warhammer and when fighting with that weapon was able to match almost all other squires of his age in the Order.

As their friendship bloomed, Theudebald and Edwistyr became secret lovers, meeting discreetly in Jehanna outside of the Shield and Stars city estate. Just days before Edwistyr was to become a fully-fledged knight, however, he came to Theudebald with news; his knighting, on his eighteenth birthday, was to be accompanied by an announcement of his marriage to the daughter of a local noble, which he would be honour-bound to accept.

Theudebald had another idea, though; instead of simply lying back and letting the arranged marriage destroy their secret love, they would leave Jehanna and High Rock. They both had good training and good equipment, and he reckoned that they could make a good living as sellswords.

They packed supplies and left for Skyrim, and over the next few years travelled through the province, making a living as mercenaries, before moving down into Cyrodiil. They eventually settled in Anvil, working as members of the Fighters Guild and running local contracts, marrying in the Chapel of Dibella.

Their happiness did not last. Two years ago, whilst on a job clearing out a nest of marauders, Edwistyr was hit in the eye by a stray arrow and killed. Theudebalds subsequent rage may have avenged Edwistyr in a display terrifying and spectacular violence, but it would not bring his husband back.

Theudebald sold the house and left Anvil, instead roving across Cyrodiil fulfilling contracts for the Fighters Guild. He volunteers for the most suicidal and dangerous jobs, never backing down from tasks that other guild members call foolhardy. How long hell keep doing such jobs is unknown, but its widely believed that he wont stop working on them until he no longer draws breath.
+Quote Post

112 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:06 AM