Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

132 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Skyrim (Spoilerific), Like the other one, but with added spoilers!!!
Lady Saga
post May 29 2012, 11:12 PM
Post #121

Mouth
Group Icon

I skipped a few days of the journal. To all my Gunter Son of Talos fans (all 3 of you, lol), Gunter hung around Riverwood with Farkas. He's got over a thousand gold, and bought every steel bar the smith had for sale, as well as all his strips of leather.

I gave him the Steel Smithing perk. smile.gif He made his first steel piece: a full body suit of steel.

Gunter and Farkas finally left Riverwood. Since there's a bounty on the bandit's leader at Volkheim Towers, Gunter is going to drag Farkas there, and then they will both head to Windhelm.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Loredas, 12:20 pm, 6th of Heartfire

Day 20: Gunter, Son of Talos walk with Farkas! Find bridge as call by Volkheim Towers. kill many bandit. Gunter find special ring. feel magic in ring*. Gunter like this feeling!

Guner walk with Farkas now to Windhelm, to join with Stormcloak! By the mighty Talos, Gunter does walk. Talos, the only of Gods to once be mortal! Talos make Gunter proud!

*he found a ring with a magical resistance in it. It resists 10% of magic. Good thing to have.

5:39 PM: Me and Farkas fight sabercat! Mean!!! Sabercat make Gunter hurt! Gunter must drink 2 health to finsih fight, but Me kill sabercat!

I'm so glad Farkas is with him. I really do think it was a good decision to keep him as an extended follower. I didn't know sabercats show up at Level 6! I thought it was more like L10. Anyways, Gunter would surely have been pwned (or at least have to drink all his potions) if Farkas was not present.

6:44 PM: Me and Farkas see man in road. man look friend. man is Wood Elf. Guner no attack friend-Wood Elf.

Gunter talk with Wood Elf. Wood Elf say: "I have something for you" in high Englisc tongue. Gunter say "What?" Wood Elf friend have SKOOMA! Gunter buy all skooma from Wood Elf! Gunter drink skooma, but no Farkas wnat. 'tis okay.

Skooma feel funny. Not much funny as in Bruma. But Gunter like, anyway. Gunter have still 5 bottle of Skooma, for good times in Windhelm.
---------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 21: Gunter in Windhelm and Farkas in Windhelm. Both me and Farkas in Windhelm. Me find many talk about the mighty Talos.

12:30 pm: Gunter make sale with market people. Sell magical staff. sell shiney stones. sell gems of soul. Gunter lots of gold! Make buy with ale! mead! wine!...Gutnre son of Tlaos...make for n...

Gunter got a little too drunk for awhile, so I'll have to fill in. He hung around the markets and bought up every single bottle of nord mead, wine, and ale available. Got drunk, but nothing seriously bad happened!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Day 22: Gunter make with smith all day. make armor. make new helmet for Gunter, steel. Me make daggars, to help Stormcloak.

9:43 am: Me go to see Ulfric Stormcloak in big castle. go to JOIN Stormcloak. Ulfric see me and have memory of Gunter at Helgen.

He say: "you want to join Stormcloak?" I say "I am a true son of skyrim. I am a NORD". He say "You die for Skyrim?" I say "I die for my brothers! For I am a sonne of mighty Talos!"

Must go to north..to find Serpentstone Isle. Gunter must do, but first buy horse to swim water to island.

Gunter also need find sword in place call Cragswallow. Me proud to assist for Nords in Windhelm!

Gunter's gonna go to Cragswallow, but needs a horse to get to Serpentstone Isle. I may finally fire up Dyami the Scout's game to explore Serpentstone first, since none of my other characters have been there yet!

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: May 30 2012, 12:57 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post May 31 2012, 02:07 AM
Post #122

Mouth
Group Icon

I feel like I own this forum these last couple days! I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Loredas, 7:00 AM, 13th of Heartfire, Year 201

Day 27: Gunter return Whiterun! Make 2 stop along way to take down bandit and more bandit. Farkas no complain more. He now home.

I companion! now. But as before become Companion, me stop by guard in Whiterun. Guard say: "I know you." Gunter say: "no play game, silly guard. Here, I have gold". Gunter never more fee make in life!

after party for Gunter as Companion, Farkas say: "You cold?" Gunter no clothes on!!!

And now the translation. smile.gif Gunter returned to Whiterun. He officially became a Companion, but before this happened, he got approached by a guard who clamied there was a bounty of 1 gold upon Gunter's head. I gotta say, I've never had a character who's had more little bounties like this. Everywhere he goes, someoby accuses him of stealing, even if it's in his own room.

Gunter paid the gold, but as he did so, I immediately FACEPALMED. He was wearing stolen clothes, you see! ohmy.gif

He didn't feel like going all the way back to his room in the Bannered Mare, so he became a Companion in his underwear! laugh.gif Classic!

I also wanna say I did my first instance of successful paper map-questing in Gunter's game last night. smile.gif I opend up the 3D map in Windhelm, made a marking on Gunter's map, and used his map to figure out where the place is!

--------------------------------------------------------------

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: May 31 2012, 02:17 AM
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jun 1 2012, 09:36 PM
Post #123

Mouth
Group Icon

Morndas, 12:22 PM, 15th of Heartfire, 4th Era, Year 201

Day 28: Gunter buy present for girlfriend Ysolda! Ysolda want mammtoh tusk, so Me buy mammoth tusk in Riverwood!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Day 29: In Riverwood. Me swim water. Me smith. Me make item and armor. Me much gold now!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
one thing I've noticed about this character is he has a habit of leaving town penniless. Every single time. He'll walk in with over a thousand gold, and leave with maybe 5!

It's not all food and ale though. He's also honing his craft. He really wants to become the perfect tank. Dwarven armor has not been made popular yet, here in Skyrim. He's actually got a goal, a goal to have the finest weapons and armor, before any other enemies import the craftwork or loot it out of dungeons.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 1 2012, 10:20 PM
Post #124

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Jun 1 2012, 04:36 PM) *

Day 28: Gunter buy present for girlfriend Ysolda! Ysolda want mammtoh tusk, so Me buy mammoth tusk in Riverwood!

I get the feeling Gunter already has a mammoth tusk to give her... wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jun 2 2012, 12:02 AM
Post #125

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 1 2012, 05:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Jun 1 2012, 04:36 PM) *

I get the feeling Gunter already has a mammoth tusk to give her... wink.gif

laugh.gif ahh you made me laugh so hard i just spilled my wine!
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jun 2 2012, 12:24 AM
Post #126

Mouth
Group Icon

Gunter Son of Talos is now Level 9. I've been putting all his perks into 1-handed, Block, Heavy Armor, and Smithing.

Day 32: Now Gunter in fort with new friend: Dunmer woman-folk. Gunter see woman-folk in tavern Whiterun. she offer help Gunter. Me buy Jenossa Dunmer woman-folk.

woman-folk Dunmer have 500 gold. woman-folk Dunmer good with bow. wear leathers. Gunter Son of Talos give Dunmer woman-folk strong bow! and helmet iron-make! Me give Dunmer suit of gold armor!

Gunter travel now and woman-folk Dunmer., travel west from Whiterun.

Gunter hired Jenossa, whom he calls "Dunmer woman-folk". laugh.gif They're in Fort Greymoor, which is just loaded with stufff to keep, sell, or give to Jenossa. She just got a suit of Elven armor, appropriate since she's a dark elf herself. Gunter also gave her an Imperial-style bow, though this won't last long. Soon as he finds her an enchanted bow, it'll be hers.

Since this is Gunter's first visit to Fort Greymoor, the Imperials are not occupying here, yet. He let the old woman who dwells in the place live, of course.

Day 32-33: Gunter son of Talos spend night in giant fort. Gunter find lots of noridc mead! spend nite in giant fort.

yea. There's a stockpile of mead in Fort Greymoor, so of course he got wasted. Plenty of food, too. This wound up being a 24-hour stay, as Gunter 'entertained' Jenossa and the old woman who lives in Fort Greymoor.

1:20 am: old woman no like Gunter, son of Talos! she say "You need leave!" Gunter honor old woman.

After waiting for 24 hours, when the game started up again, the old woman was bitching at poor Gunter. I'm not sure waht happened, but he probably got way too drunk and made her upset somehow!

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Jun 2 2012, 12:35 AM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 2 2012, 12:31 AM
Post #127

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Jun 1 2012, 07:24 PM) *

[color=brown]I've been putting all his perks into 1-handed, Block, Heavy Armor, and Smithing.

For a moment I thought you wrote Smiting! biggrin.gif But I guess the One handed covers that. wink.gif

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jun 2 2012, 12:31 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jun 2 2012, 02:13 AM
Post #128

Mouth
Group Icon

Cute, SR. smile.gif

I'm gaming hardcore tonight. Gotta do it whenever I can, ya know? wink.gif

Loredas, 3:46 PPM, 12st of Heartfire, 4th Era, Year 201

Day 35: Many walk with cat-peoples. Guner walk with dunmer woman-folk. walk west.

Gunter and Jenossa just hooked up with a group of travelling khaiit! biggrin.gif ooh, this is fun.

Gunter also got done a bunch of smithing in Whiterun the past few days not noted in his journal. Smithing levels up really slow, and you need money to get it going. Gunter keeps blowing ALL his money, but he's doing his best. He's a Type A personality, in our terms.

8:49 pm: Gunter tired. look for Rorikstead. And now very dark.

10:28 pm: Rorikstead. Gunter like small hamlet Rorikstead! sleep and until the morn, then go find bandit redoubt camp.
Day 36:
naer Rorikstead path. Guner climb path with Dunmer woman-folk. hope find place redoubt of bandits.

12:40 pm: all outside bandit now dead.* Gunter KILL ALL! and dunmer woman-folk assist. Gunter championi! and Dunmer woman-folk!

bandits wear funny animal-hats! bandits easy defeat by Gunter and woman-folk.

* this is the second time I've successfully found a location via the paper map. Granted, this one wasn't as hard as the first, but it's stilll a good feeling!

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Jun 2 2012, 03:14 AM
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jun 4 2012, 02:06 AM
Post #129

Mouth
Group Icon

8:12 AM, Morndas, 6th of Frost fall

Day 50:

Today Me return Whiterun. Lots of potion. attack in draugr barrow with self. Gunter kill dragur, but mighty mighty draugr in barrow knock sword from hand!

Gunter in days before join with Companion werewolfs. go to fort near Windhelm. take many Silver Hand to Sovengarde. Me not know where Dunmer woman-folk flee to.

Yea. He became a werewolf. Just for a minute. Until I figured out how to make him human again. rolleyes.gif laugh.gif After going further with that questline, he and one of the female Companions wound up way in the middle of nowhere somehow. And Gunter had no clothes on!

Long story short, I had to fast-travel back to Whiterun just to get his proper gear back on. I mean, really...

Another annoying thing is he lost his hireling Jenassa somehow, after the silly Companion quest-line knocked her out of the game. I hope this is temporary, Gunter really needs her and her archery skills.

Gunter's up to Level 11. I hadn't planned on making him a human tank, I was assuming he'd just be content as a foot-soldier stormcloak. My second character Thor a'Zaene took up smithing, but had no interest in learning how to make anything except fine iron equipment. Gunter has more of an aptitude for learning, here.

I also hadn't planned on making Gunter a dungeon-diver, but he's simply too good at it. Plus, he likes the money. Obviously.

... But as he noted in the journal above, he did encounter a couple of uber-draugrs in a barrow, one of them knocked the flaming steel sword right out of Gunter's hand. Gunter had no choice then but to run, and for what seems to be a long time, the uber-draugrs kept up, since Gunter's currently wearing a heavy dwarven armor suit.

---------------------------------------------------------------

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Jun 4 2012, 02:15 AM
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jun 8 2012, 12:53 AM
Post #130

Mouth
Group Icon

12:44 pm, 5th of Sun's Dusk, 4th era, Year: 201

Day 80:

Gunter in Riften with new friend Stenvar. Stenvar brother Nord! Stenvar und Gunter go many place Skyrim.

Before Stenvar, Dunmer woman-folk fall in cave. Dunmer woman-folk go to sovengarde. Dunmer woman folk STRONG. Dunmer woman-folk make Gunter know thing before. Dunmer woman-folk speak Gunter when sleep. Me talk Dunmer woman-folk. Dunmer woman-folk talk Gunter. In sleep. In dream.

Jenassa (archer follower from one of Whiterun's taverns) died in a draugr barrow some weeks ago in Gunter's game. She and he both got overwhelmed with draugr, and Gunter could not assist her. So she got clobbered. It sucked, but (unlike Beth), Gunter will not give up his profession.

He met and hired Stenvar in Windhelm. Stenvar has proved to be more worthy of dungeoneering. Jenassa was better for outdoor locations. Sucks she got killed. sad.gif

After Jenassa died, she began speaking to Gunter in his dreams. She visits him sometimes (I simulate this with a 6-sided die roll, ha ha...there's a 1 in 6 chance she'll speak to him in his dream).
-------------------------------------------------------------

5:35 pm:
Gunter walk Riften alone. Stenvar sleep.

6:22 pm
Guner now Riften. Chapel /\ Mara.

Me make mistake. Me look for smith, but find Mara-Chapel. Me speak shaman. Me learn Mara. Me learn wear mara-piece, make wife! Gunter not know make wife in Skyrim. Gunter meet wife!

Gunter meet WIFE YSOLDA!! GUNTER GO wHiterun. meet Ysolda ask meet wife!

I don't have to translate what happened. We all know what happens in Riften. Thing is, Gunter really was looking for the smith. I cannot for the life of me find the smith in Riften gosh-darnit! laugh.gif

When he walked into the Temple Mara, I completely forgot about this being the place where marraige happens. The roleplay was so smooth, too! I forgot, and so therefore it was easy for me to RP Gunter not having a clue where he was. Lol.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Jun 8 2012, 12:58 AM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 8 2012, 01:00 AM
Post #131

Ancient
Group Icon

Gunter found the chapel instead of the smith! laugh.gif Only he could manage that!

So now he is off to get hitched. Yay for Gunt. I have never had a character get married in this game.

I have good news on the Hera front. Her Smithing just went to 100. I do not believe I have ever had a character get it that high. This is on version 1.6 too, where you cannot just spam iron daggers (usually she makes steel swords).

--------------------
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Jun 10 2012, 06:10 AM
Post #132

Finder
Group Icon

(And with new card making Skyrim playable.. a revised Chloe shows up)

Day 4
After a few days of thinking, I've come to a simple conclusion. This land is filled with insane people. I knew the Empire was on shaky ground, but getting arbitrarily scooped up for execution while walking in the woods is a tad much. Then there was the fetching dragon attack, and the spiders, then the bandits, then even more spiders, then undead. Seemed like a good idea to link up to the local, heavily-armed yet non-aligned group of madmen called the Companions. Sad thing is, I think it's still a good idea. Must be something in the air making everyone nuts. Elves aren't apparently immune either, I was jumped by some Thalmor goons while walking out of a poacher's camp. Guess that means I'll be loosing it eventually. At least it's something to look forward too.

My proving Trial involved undead but it got interrupted by a rival bad of armed madmen, oh and I find the core of the Companions are werewolves. Seems rather tame, considering. Of course I was expected to continue the Trial, glad I stocked up on arrows, that was a lot of moving targets in that last chamber. Vilkas made an excellent distraction for it though, all that metal clunking and yelling, they just ran right by me. Made nice targets, so I obliged.

((Reboot of Chloe using the new mods I've been downloading since the original began walking Tamriel. Archery and Sneak focused, though she has a sword for when she can't get room like when the Thalmor backed her into the door of the Halted Stream bandit camp. Final room of Dustman Cairn was pretty epic though. Back to the word wall and planting arrows in every drugar that showed up. Almost wish I had made a video of it.))

--------------------
"When in danger, or in doubt.
Run in Circles, scream and shout."
The Tides of Oblivion
Shot of the week:Hunter and Prey.
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jun 10 2012, 04:54 PM
Post #133

Mouth
Group Icon

Yah Chloe! smile.gif Nice to read about her new game.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 7 2012, 08:00 PM) *

Gunter found the chapel instead of the smith! laugh.gif Only he could manage that!

laugh.gif I know, right? It's kinda my fault, though, too, because my memory can be bad sometimes.

I have good news on the Hera front. Her Smithing just went to 100.

Sweet. I'm noticing smithing takes a LOT of practice to level up, it also costs a lot of gold to buy all those ores and ignots and leather strips, etc. One ignot doesn't cost so much, but 20 or 30? That's a lot of gold. I suppose if I made an actual townie character (rather than an adventurer) who did nothing but smith and worked that as a steady job, I might be able to get Smithing higher.

Gunter is currently at 39. I want him to get to 50 (Orcish armor) but he gets too impatient with spamming armor & weapons for sale. Plus, he blows all his money on food & drink, as well as smith materials.

laugh.gif My nephew came over last night and made a note of this after seeing Gunter's menus (I was showing him the Kinect voice thingie)...

"You only have 236 gold?" he asked. "What do you do with all your gold?"

"Well, Gunter tends to blow all his money, every time we get into town."

"What? How?"

"Food and drink, mostly, as well as smithing supplies. It's consistent; he'll come into town with over a thousand gold. By the time he leaves, it's mostly gone". (I felt a wee-bit embarassed admitting this ! Wasn't sure how he'd react)

"Oh! So you're doing like a story with him. That's hard-core!"

laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Jun 10 2012, 05:04 PM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 10 2012, 06:01 PM
Post #134

Ancient
Group Icon

liliandra nadiar: Welcome to Skyrim revised Chloe! I see she likes the Roadstoker's outfit. That was always a good one in Oblivion too. What was wrong with your previous video card? Just too old and lacking in Ooomph?

Renee: You hard core story person you Renee!

I am sure watching someone roleplay a character - even in a computer game rather than a pen and paper RPG with other people - would seem hardcore to someone who never has RP'd before. I was showing my friend Jaelyn one of the Skyrim characters recently and she actually had a similar reaction. I told her that the only spell Hrafn ever used was the starting healing spell, and that she only used hand axes, and when necessary bows for long range. When I said that Hrafn missed her mom, and was searching Skyrim for her, Jaelyn was blown away. And like me, she is a pen and paper roleplayer from way back. She admitted that she never bothers trying to roleplay computer characters. Instead she wants to do everything in the game with one character.

In the case of Hera's smithing, she rarely ever bought ingots or ore. Only on a few rare occasions when I wanted to make something and did not have the materials. Plus at the end when I saw her Smithing was at 97, I decided to push it all the way up and bought every ingot the Dawnstar smith had. Instead she carries around a pick with her, and digs up every ore deposit she finds. Then the next time she is in a town she smelts them and forges things. Like I said, I usually go with a steel or iron sword, as that makes roleplaying sense to me. She keeps the hides she gets from wolves and such and will forge leather armor with them. Usually she makes full suits: cuirass, gauntlets, and boots.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jun 10 2012, 06:06 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jun 11 2012, 11:41 PM
Post #135

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 10 2012, 01:01 PM) *

laugh.gif He also noticed I darken my TV screen whenever I go dungeon-diving (there's a button on my remote I push), and that I hardly ever run. All of this is considered "hardcore" by him! laugh.gif

I was showing my friend Jaelyn one of the Skyrim characters recently and she actually had a similar reaction.
I told her that the only spell Hrafn ever used was the starting healing spell, and that she only used hand axes, and when necessary bows for long range. When I said that Hrafn missed her mom, and was searching Skyrim for her, Jaelyn was blown away. And like me, she is a pen and paper roleplayer from way back. She admitted that she never bothers trying to roleplay computer characters. Instead she wants to do everything in the game with one character.

Wow! Thanks for sharing. I love reading other people's accounts on stuff like this. Does Jaelyn also do Skyrim?

I grew up pen and paper, too. My nephew will probably never game this way, which is okay. he has more of a social life than I did at his age. But he actually does roleplay a little bit, without even realizing it. He told me his first charcter did nothing but chop wood for an entire day or something like that. That's where I got the idea from, actually. smile.gif He thought it was fun(ny) just chopping wood, and then getting paid for it! laugh.gif

It's like the game gave him a good work ethic, and he's realized it's not all about finishing quests and fighting. smile.gif
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 12 2012, 12:24 AM
Post #136

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Jun 11 2012, 06:41 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 10 2012, 01:01 PM) *

laugh.gif He also noticed I darken my TV screen whenever I go dungeon-diving (there's a button on my remote I push), and that I hardly ever run. All of this is considered "hardcore" by him! laugh.gif

I was showing my friend Jaelyn one of the Skyrim characters recently and she actually had a similar reaction.
I told her that the only spell Hrafn ever used was the starting healing spell, and that she only used hand axes, and when necessary bows for long range. When I said that Hrafn missed her mom, and was searching Skyrim for her, Jaelyn was blown away. And like me, she is a pen and paper roleplayer from way back. She admitted that she never bothers trying to roleplay computer characters. Instead she wants to do everything in the game with one character.

Wow! Thanks for sharing. I love reading other people's accounts on stuff like this. Does Jaelyn also do Skyrim?

I grew up pen and paper, too. My nephew will probably never game this way, which is okay. he has more of a social life than I did at his age. But he actually does roleplay a little bit, without even realizing it. He told me his first charcter did nothing but chop wood for an entire day or something like that. That's where I got the idea from, actually. smile.gif He thought it was fun(ny) just chopping wood, and then getting paid for it! laugh.gif

It's like the game gave him a good work ethic, and he's realized it's not all about finishing quests and fighting. smile.gif

Jaelyn plays Skryim. She has it on X-Box like you. That is what got us talking about it. She gets frustrated with the way bosses can one-shot kill you in Skyrim. I explained to her it was because of all the people who complained about the level-scaling in Oblivion, where the enemies were always scaled to your character. So they did some unscaling in both FO3 and Skyrim (Jae's a Fallout 3 player too. She never played Oblivion very much at all). So now we have uber mages who can kill us with one fireball. Or can find frost trolls in a place our first level character might go into (like Labryinthian). The explanation just frustrates her more. She is stuck getting one-shotted by bad guys she might not even see because other people like that? It got even better when I told her that the whole reason Oblivion had all the level scaling it did was because of the same thing happening in Morrowind. There are places right next to where your first level character starts that game, where if you walk inside you die. People did not like it, so they fixed it with Oblivion. People complained about the fix, so they fixed it again with Skryim by going right back to what they had to begin with. I feel sorry for Bethesda. No matter what they do, they get people complaining at them.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jun 12 2012, 12:26 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jun 12 2012, 12:46 AM
Post #137

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 11 2012, 07:24 PM) *

....The explanation just frustrates her more. She is stuck getting one-shotted by bad guys she might not even see because other people like that?

laugh.gif That's interesting! I guess I'd feel the same if I didn't know anything about the evolution of the series, and why Beth made it this way.

The way I handle uberbosses: my character will usually run if he or she can. Gunter simply runs if a spell gets thrown at him which obviously is stronger than usual. He just gets the hell out, he hates magic. He's not as bad as Thor, though. Gunter will take some fire in his face, Thor would just chicken out from it sometimes!

Beth liked to "strategize". She'd find a position (if she could) way up high, or in some spot where the enemy simply could not to her. Or she would run & hide, and cast summons after summons. tongue.gif Occasionally throw a mega-destruction spell.

Beth and Claire also would use a crystal ball to "see into the future" (this is me, looking up the place they're about to loot on UESP, checking to see if any enemies in this place they're about to go into are too strong).

I feel sorry for Bethesda. No matter what they do, they get people complaining at them.

I do too. I'd give up my Xbox for a week to be an invisible spy at Bethesda. I'm sure there are devs who just blow off all the criticisms, wheras some others will take all the complaints to heart somehow. I'll bet there are devs who totally phish out all the mods their customers have made, wheras others might totally hate gaming, because it's what they do for their job all day.

I'd give up my Xbox for a week just to know what goes on behind the scenes! But only a week!

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Jun 12 2012, 12:56 AM
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jun 12 2012, 12:54 AM
Post #138

Mouth
Group Icon

Turdas, 4:40 PM, 13th of Sun's Dusk, 4th Era, Year 201

Day 88:
Gunter travel Whiterun. Stenva allso with. Me travel Whiterun, meet Ysolda! Make Ysllda Gunter wife.

On way, ME find place Gallow Rock for Windhelm. Windhelm want Gallow Rock silver handed bandits dead. Me kill silver handed bandits. Me use magic orc-axe. Magic orc axe make lightning on silver-handed bandit. Kill fast!

Stenvar fight not so good. Stenvar fall twice, und me take bandit to Oblivion. Me give Stenva shiny gold armors, and magic mace! Stenva still fall! Not good at fight sometimes Stenvar.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Day 89 @ 5pm:
Guner und STenvar travel Whiterun now. Stenvar meet no-see enemy. No-see enemy hit Stenvar. Me no see!

Stenvar fight, me confuse. Me take magic axe and HIT no-see enemy. Me und Stenvar kill no-see enemy.

Me feel enemy. Touch. Find loot. Me take loot. Enemy cat-person. Me take loot enemy cat-person. Still no see.

That was freaking weird. I didn't know enemies can utilize chameleon 100% in Skyrim. Or perhaps, that was some sort of glitch? They both got attacked by an invisible Khajiit. The Khajiit stayed invisible after he got killed.

...gotta be a glitch! ohmy.gif I hope

Day 90, 2:38 pm:
Me speak Ysolda in White run! But Ysolda no like Gunter that way.

Gunter upset! But Me feel throat. No Mara piece! No Mara piece mean no Ysolda make wife! Gunter no have Ysolda-wife! Gunter no have Mara-piece. Where Mara-piece?

Me think inside head. Me put Mara-piece in Windhelm. Mara-piece in Windhelm, no Ysolda make Gunter-wife!

sad.gif

That dummy. :facepalm: He left his Mara Amulet in frickin' Windhelm! Now he's gotta go all the way back there. His advances towards Ysolda have gone unnoticed!

Gotta admit, it's interesting playing a guy. Pursuing a female. laugh.gif I get to see what it's like on the "other side" because of this game. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Jun 12 2012, 02:30 AM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 12 2012, 03:02 AM
Post #139

Ancient
Group Icon

Poor Gunt! I forgot his piece, and now he cannot get a piece! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Jun 11 2012, 07:46 PM) *

I do too. I'd give up my Xbox for a week to be an invisible spy at Bethesda. I'm sure there are devs who just blow off all the criticisms, wheras some others will take all the complaints to heart somehow. I'll bet there are devs who totally phish out all the mods their customers have made, wheras others might totally hate gaming, because it's what they do for their job all day.

I'd give up my Xbox for a week just to know what goes on behind the scenes! But only a week!

They definitely pay attention to what is going on in the modding scene, and what people say they want changed. Skyrim is filled with things that were originally mods for the previous games. Things like plants changing appearance after you harvest ingredients from them. All the crafting options available now were parts of house mods. etc...

You can see they pay attention to what people complain about in the changes they make between games. The addition of greater level scaling in Oblivion, relaxing it again in FO3 and Skyrim. Or how they added mounted combat. Or are bringing back spears. A lot of people complained about Oblivion's menu system being tied to a single key and then being nested. Now we have the more traditional system with different keys for inventory, map, magic, etc... It is nice to know that they are making an effort. I really do feel sorry for the devs who do go through the forums and see all the negativity. You would need heart of steel not to take it personally.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jun 12 2012, 03:04 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Jun 12 2012, 03:09 AM
Post #140

Finder
Group Icon

SubRosa: Yep, originally had my card burnout while I was unemployed, so I went with a cheap-but-sufficient replacement (generic named GeForce 512), since I had zero income. It played everything on max settings until Mass Effect 3 came out without slowing down in anyway I could tell. Then ME3 and the drivers 'optimized' for it came out and Skyrim had graphic glitches or just stayed on the loading screen until I did a hard reboot. Driver rollback only worked for a week or so. Got another technically lower end card and everything's running again. Every 1gb card I've gotten has burned out within a month, think I will have to look into a new case/dedicated cooling system. :/

Glamor shot of Chloe in Breezehome, oddly, for a wilderness crawler, she's made a habit of... 'collecting' every book she comes across. There's a decent and growing sized library in her home of around 50 books in her home.

Day 14

Some interesting perks to being a member of the Circle, though I could do without dreams. Was a bit leery at first, taking a drink then waking up naked leagues to the east was... not the best introduction, still Aela assured me it was only the first time. The two shifts I've done since have born out her claim. Still don't do it much though. The up close and personal approach is not really my thing, but it'll be a nice card to play if another Thalmor squad or bounty hunter attacks me suddenly. Curse Whiterun's plains, I can't just vanish into the foliage.

Day 19

Those fetchers attacked Kodlak while I was out. Vilkas was angry that I wasn't there, never mind that it was for something Kodlak gave me himself, but I can understand where he was coming from. The hunters attacked the pack while it was understrength.... Oh Divines, now I'm thinking like one in private too.

The two of us payed a final visit to the Silver Hand, only a few of them were ever aware something was wrong, and even then, not for long. Vilkas used the fragments as an excuse, but both tasks were completed. We may be hunted, but it won't be by the Silver Hand. I'm not sure Kodlak would've approved, but it settles the beast in my breast that was there before the wolf. Doesn't matter now, we've said good-bye and even fulfilled his last wish.

I kept the other heads, they might be needed again.

Day 25

Taking my time on some simple jobs, Aela has taken to joining me in the wilds, it's nice to have someone to shoot with, though she's not as good a shot as me, her sword arm makes up for it. Still always room for improvement, I even found someone to help with that. Angi lives up in the mountains a bit off the trail Aela and I were using to get to a vampire den. Girl's been alone a bit too long I think, but her skills with a bow were pretty sharp.

--------------------
"When in danger, or in doubt.
Run in Circles, scream and shout."
The Tides of Oblivion
Shot of the week:Hunter and Prey.
+Quote Post

132 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:42 AM