Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 4 Mods
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 13 2018, 12:02 AM
Post #421

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 12 2018, 04:15 PM) *

I tried it, but was not thrilled with the colors. They don't match up between the pieces, even when you go with something all black. So it can look weird, depending on how you build a rifle.

Khajiit likes it. It has that “at home in the wasteland” look to it, imo. It’s pretty new though so no doubt it’ll have some retex’s.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jul 16 2018, 01:28 PM
Post #422

Master
Group Icon

I'm usually a stickler for lore friendly mods, but there is no way I can't try this mod.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jul 17 2018, 06:02 PM
Post #423

Master
Group Icon

I have finally found it. The settlement attack mods to end all settlement attack mods.

No longer must we rely on RNG dice rolls for whether or not our settlements lined with rocket turrets will be useful.

No longer must we rush to defend settlements that we painstakingly try to build to defend themselves.

No longer must we fear the unknown, when some random MM guy interrupts my fiddle music.

For I present to you: BS Defence - a mod that eliminates the dice roll and bases settlement attack survival on how well defended it actually is.

This post has been edited by Kane: Jul 17 2018, 06:02 PM

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 17 2018, 07:16 PM
Post #424

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Jul 17 2018, 12:02 PM) *

I have finally found it. The settlement attack mods to end all settlement attack mods.

No longer must we rely on RNG dice rolls for whether or not our settlements lined with rocket turrets will be useful.

No longer must we rush to defend settlements that we painstakingly try to build to defend themselves.

No longer must we fear the unknown, when some random MM guy interrupts my fiddle music.

For I present to you: BS Defence - a mod that eliminates the dice roll and bases settlement attack survival on how well defended it actually is.

Nice! Khajiit would definitely use that!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 18 2018, 12:27 AM
Post #425

Ancient
Group Icon

For Désirée, Khajiit downloaded Red Wave. It’s not a paddlewheel, but it’s a nice little mobile player home boat that allows you to fast travel to various points in the Commonwealth and Far Harbor. Hate that you have to go all the way to Far Harbor to find the thing, but this one supposes they did that because the boat lets you travel to places on the Far Harbor island.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 20 2018, 06:31 PM
Post #426

Master
Group Icon

Can someone please explain to me how to make mods in Fallout 4 work?

I'm merely trying to test some mod but every site on the Internet has different instructions how to do it - some say that you need to have a Fallout4Custom.ini file, which I don't have but even when I created it following the instructions online, the mod wouldn't work in the game. Some say that you have to edit Fallout4 and Fallout4Prefs but these instructions vary and no matter what I did, the mod wouldn't work.

Basically, I downloaded a mod with NMM and activated it, but it doesn't work in the game.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 20 2018, 07:19 PM
Post #427

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jul 20 2018, 12:31 PM) *

Can someone please explain to me how to make mods in Fallout 4 work?

I'm merely trying to test some mod but every site on the Internet has different instructions how to do it - some say that you need to have a Fallout4Custom.ini file, which I don't have but even when I created it following the instructions online, the mod wouldn't work in the game. Some say that you have to edit Fallout4 and Fallout4Prefs but these instructions vary and no matter what I did, the mod wouldn't work.

Basically, I downloaded a mod with NMM and activated it, but it doesn't work in the game.

Yeah it’s weird how you have to alter one if the ini’s to get mods to work. Khajiit will try to remember where his altered ini is and screen shot it for you. What OS are you using on your PC?

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jul 20 2018, 07:21 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 20 2018, 07:23 PM
Post #428

Master
Group Icon

Okay, I managed to get it working but I had to manually download the mod and then activate it in NMM. I altered the original Fallout4.ini by editing bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 and making a blank space after the line sResourceDataDirsFinal=

I also altered Fallout4Prefs.ini by adding bEnableFileSelection=1.

Then I manually downloaded a mod and activated it in NMM, I got a warning that I don't have a Fallout4.ini but the mod at least works!

Now if there's some easier way to do it or if it's not necessary to make all the steps above, I'm open to suggestions

EDIT: I was wrong, it doesn't work.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Jul 20 2018, 07:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 20 2018, 09:04 PM
Post #429

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jul 20 2018, 01:23 PM) *

Okay, I managed to get it working but I had to manually download the mod and then activate it in NMM. I altered the original Fallout4.ini by editing bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 and making a blank space after the line sResourceDataDirsFinal=

I also altered Fallout4Prefs.ini by adding bEnableFileSelection=1.

Then I manually downloaded a mod and activated it in NMM, I got a warning that I don't have a Fallout4.ini but the mod at least works!

Now if there's some easier way to do it or if it's not necessary to make all the steps above, I'm open to suggestions

EDIT: I was wrong, it doesn't work.

Ok so it was in Documents>My Games>Fallout 4

Find the ini that has the “Archive” heading. Then right under the Archive heading type the following:

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal= (Do not type this part as it’s a note that nothing comes after the “=“ )

Try that and see if it works.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jul 20 2018, 09:07 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 20 2018, 09:46 PM
Post #430

Master
Group Icon

Thanks, it works!

Now another issue...the game can get insanely bright at times, like this - is there any way to lower brightness?

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 20 2018, 09:48 PM
Post #431

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jul 20 2018, 04:46 PM) *

Thanks, it works!

Now another issue...the game can get insanely bright at times, like this - is there any way to lower brightness?

I think that is just a weather type, of fog.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 20 2018, 09:50 PM
Post #432

Master
Group Icon

Oh okay. At times it hurt my eyes because it persisted for a while so I thought it can be resolved somehow.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 21 2018, 01:29 AM
Post #433

Ancient
Group Icon

If it hurts your eyes it might be more than just fog. I cannot think of any bugs that make it too bright though.

Legacy Fallout starting SPECIAL points = starts you out wit 40 Special points. It does work fine with Start Me Up.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 21 2018, 02:28 AM
Post #434

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 20 2018, 07:29 PM) *

Legacy Fallout starting SPECIAL points = starts you out wit 40 Special points. It does work fine with Start Me Up.

Nice! goodjob.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 21 2018, 11:57 AM
Post #435

Master
Group Icon

I came upon the first annoying thing - you can equip a hotkeyed piece of apparel (like sunglasses) but you can't unequip it with the same hotkey, you have to open up the PipBoy and unequip it manually. wacko.gif

From what I've read online, this isn't a bug but an actual game feature. I didn't find any mod to make a hotkey equip & unequip the same item, does anyone have a solution?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 21 2018, 02:50 PM
Post #436

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jul 21 2018, 05:57 AM) *

I came upon the first annoying thing - you can equip a hotkeyed piece of apparel (like sunglasses) but you can't unequip it with the same hotkey, you have to open up the PipBoy and unequip it manually. wacko.gif

From what I've read online, this isn't a bug but an actual game feature. I didn't find any mod to make a hotkey equip & unequip the same item, does anyone have a solution?

This one noticed this yesterday when he was playing around with equipment. Usually it’s not a problem for this one as for weapons you just change to a different weapon. For outfits it can be annoying though. Sadly, Khajiit knows of no fix.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 21 2018, 04:13 PM
Post #437

Master
Group Icon

For weapons it's not such a problem, I agree but since Fallout 3 I have a habit that my characters unequip certain headgear as they get indoors like sunglasses and since now I always achieved this simple act via hotkeys. Too bad they removed this feature.

Among others, I installed my first two mods:

1)Sleeping on couches

2)Smoking

This post has been edited by Lopov: Jul 21 2018, 04:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 21 2018, 05:57 PM
Post #438

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jul 21 2018, 10:13 AM) *

For weapons it's not such a problem, I agree but since Fallout 3 I have a habit that my characters unequip certain headgear as they get indoors like sunglasses and since now I always achieved this simple act via hotkeys. Too bad they removed this feature.

Among others, I installed my first two mods:

1)Sleeping on couches

2)Smoking

Heh, Khajiit uses that smoking mod! Never thought about being able to sleep on a couch but it does make sense. You can still sit on them right?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 21 2018, 06:57 PM
Post #439

Master
Group Icon

Yes, you can sit on them just fine.

Though I didn't intend to install any mods as early on, Logan was really longing for some bed in the Sanctuary, so I roleplayed that he slept on a couch while he actually "waited on a couch". The following morning I did find a place to sleep in the Sanctuary, but still.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 24 2018, 01:41 PM
Post #440

Master
Group Icon

I own a Steam copy of Fallout 4 but for gaming I use a downloaded version. My gaming version is 1.7.12 which means I can't use the Unofficial patch because it requires version 1.10.89 or greater. Now my question is - is the UOP a must or some of you don't use it and don't have any problems because of that?

--------------------
+Quote Post

29 Pages V « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
9 User(s) are reading this topic (9 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:15 AM