5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skyrim Mods
King Coin
post Feb 18 2012, 09:00 PM
Post #41

Master
Group Icon

Ok I finally have it working with the multiple followers mod. I had to go into the 'Details' section of my file and tell it to ignore 'DialogueFollower' quest even though I was not using it.

As I suspected though, you can only tell one follower to relax at a time. I'm going to have to think of a way to get it to work with more than one at a time.

~~~

Can you upload the Familiar mod? I really like that spell, but have not used it because the wolf gets 1-shotted all the time.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 18 2012, 09:23 PM
Post #42

Ancient
Group Icon

Done, you can get it here

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 18 2012, 09:38 PM
Post #43

Master
Group Icon

Grabbed it. Thanks.

My mod's been updated on nexus now. I don't know if it works with animals, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

This post has been edited by King Coin: Feb 18 2012, 09:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 18 2012, 10:45 PM
Post #44

Ancient
Group Icon

I tried the updated Followers Can Relax. Sadly, it still does not work with my Wolf Companion. It gives you the on-screen prompt to talk to Gladio, but no actual dialog options, and nothing happens.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 18 2012, 10:48 PM
Post #45

Master
Group Icon

Good to know.

I'll make a new alias specifically for animals next.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 20 2012, 12:09 AM
Post #46

Ancient
Group Icon

Undead Summoning is now up on Skyrim Nexus. It brings back the good old days when you could just summon the walking dead from thin air, rather than need to corpses already laying around to reanimate. Included are skeletons, corrupted shades, draugr, draugr lords, and dragon priests.

The only issue I had with it is that the dark souls perk will not work with the summoned undead. The other perks do work however. I made a new dual summoning perk called Twin Summons that branches off of necromancy, so the player does not have to take dark souls just to get to the double summons perk.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 21 2012, 07:01 PM
Post #47

Ancient
Group Icon

Still working on the nature summoning mod. I now have it working so all of the atronach summoning perks work with the animals as well: Atromancy, Elemental Potency, etc... My question to the audience is would you prefer that, or an entirely new perk tree for animal summons? The downside I see to using the atronach tree is that the names of the perks kills some of the immersion for an animal summoner. The upside is that it has a smaller modding footprint, as it does not touch any of the existing perks. This way my mod should still work with others that alter the Conjuration perks. I am afraid if I create a new tree, then Nature Summoning will not work with other mods that rework magic. Because of that, right now I am leaning toward keeping it the way it is now, using the atromancer perks.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 21 2012, 07:35 PM
Post #48

Master
Group Icon

Using the atronach perks sounds like the best bet to me. Someone could then apply it to an existing character, and then there will be fewer perks that someone would split their character on. That's just my opinion though.

I haven't been able to work on my mod at all since I put up the last update. People seem to have more problems with the new version of my mod than the old one, which makes no sense to me. I created a new controlling quest that puts a new alias on your NPC follower instead of modifying the standard follower controlling quest. This is my first real mod though, so maybe there's something going on that I don't know about. kvleft.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 21 2012, 08:37 PM
Post #49

Ancient
Group Icon

I was thinking that using the Atromancer perks would also help the player by forcing them to take fewer perks. So I think I will probably keep it this way.

The quests - and especially the scripts - in this game are a lot more complicated then they used to be in Oblivion. I cannot make heads or tails of most of how they work.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 21 2012, 10:39 PM
Post #50

Ancient
Group Icon

I decided to upload Nature Summoning. You can get it here. It allows you to summon Wolves, Ice Wolves, Bears, Snow Bears, Snowy Sabre Cats, and Spriggans. With the Elemental Potency perk, you will summon buffed versions of each.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 21 2012, 10:51 PM
Post #51

Master
Group Icon

Nice. Maybe Aravi will use some of the base level summons.

I THINK I know what I'm doing with the quests and scripting, but it took me a couple of weekends fiddling with things to figure it out. Basically, I found that the Add Property button is the surest way to make sure something gets added into the script and compiled correctly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 22 2012, 06:38 PM
Post #52

Ancient
Group Icon

Has anyone had issues using mods packaged in .bsa files? Every one I try to use causes Skyrim to CTD on startup. That is whether I add the bsa to the .ini file or not. I have not been able to find out a reason why, although I did find this page which strongly suggests that you not use the bsa format for mods.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 22 2012, 08:07 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 22 2012, 07:54 PM
Post #53

Master
Group Icon

I uploaded my Follower mod version 2 to Steam (which always uses BSA format) and nobody has complained yet.

The first version did not work at all I found. I think that was because the game was replacing my modified dialogue script with the default one when the main BSA unpacked.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 23 2012, 12:22 AM
Post #54

Ancient
Group Icon

I am not surprised. The .bsas seem to work for most people. I don't know why they always CTD on me. I guess I am going to have to always unpack them and either add them as loose files, or create omods from them.

I just uploaded Animal Friend, which makes regular animals like wolves, bears, sabre cats, etc... friendly to the player. It can be found here. It is really the complement of Nature Summoning, as the two will let you play a witch/druid type character, who is a friend and protector of the animals.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 23 2012, 12:36 AM
Post #55

Master
Group Icon

How about dragons? wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 23 2012, 01:23 AM
Post #56

Ancient
Group Icon

Well, the only one I have ever seen - or will see - rescued me. So I do not see a need to worry about them. wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Feb 23 2012, 01:56 AM
Post #57

Finder
Group Icon

I've got several .bsa packed mods and I haven't had a problem with them. At least not after I stopped using NMM. I did a lot of CTD or loading hangs when I used a mod manager. Just handle things manually now.

--------------------
"When in danger, or in doubt.
Run in Circles, scream and shout."
The Tides of Oblivion
Shot of the week:Hunter and Prey.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 23 2012, 02:22 AM
Post #58

Ancient
Group Icon

Maybe it is my mod manager then? I have never used the Nexus Mod Manager. I am old-fashioned, and prefer to do things myself. I am using TES Mod Manager though, basically the latest evolution of OBMM. I really do not want to part with it though. Being able to so easily turn things into omods is just too good to part with. Not to mention changing load orders, and getting the FormID prefixes for mods.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 23 2012, 07:07 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 23 2012, 02:25 AM
Post #59

Master
Group Icon

I started to use NMM and I've been pretty happy with it. I don't have many mods that use BSAs so I can't really tell if they are interfering or not.

--------------------

+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 24 2012, 04:37 AM
Post #60

Master
Group Icon

This is a cool mod I found. It gives followers special abilities to make each one unique. Seems to work fine with my mod as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:43 PM