31 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> King Coin's videos
King Coin
post Mar 22 2011, 11:32 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

NOTICE: due to imageshack.us policy changes, I am going to lose a lot of images in my account. there may be a lot of broken links to screen shots here soon.

This is Aravi's Oblivion thread. The first videos are really just me fooling around with the game and working on getting my editing skills down.

After doing The Lost Spires questline Aravi becomes a vampire hunter. That would be a better starting place if you are interested in a story than here on page one.

Jump to: vampire hunting.

Aravi has left for Skyrim as well. If you are more interested in her Skyrim adventures then Jump to: Skyrim.

##############################

I've recently installed Fraps freeware version on my computer because Oblivion wasn't letting me take screen shots (Yes I adjusted the .ini document).

Screen shots are lots of fun to take but to really show Aravi (my Khajiit) I started recording a few dungeons, ambushes, or anything else that seems interesting and sharing them with a few friends. With their encouragement I have decided to start posting them here.

This is all recorded with freeware Fraps which only takes video for 30 seconds at a time. Any choppiness or missing pieces in the videos (and there are) is because I missed the cut off. If anyone knows of any other free program that does not limit the amount of recording time I'd love to know about it.

Aravi travels to Bravil for the archery tournament (Buffy the Bowgirl) with a couple of friends and is ambushed along the way!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vipqwRoXVks

Aravi has recently joined the the Archeology Guild (mod added) and tried to contract some miners to dig a tunnel for them. They said they will, IF Aravi clears out an infestation of vampires that they ran into while mining.

Split in 2 videos:
part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv0DBY6VKz4
part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrx7OIhde68

Aravi working on her marksmanship while traveling to the next Archeology Guild job site.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xi8KWeCk1s

Aravi exploring the new job site:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjiwtIvvid8

This post has been edited by King Coin: Feb 11 2012, 03:57 PM

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 23 2011, 02:42 AM
Post #2

Paladin
Group Icon

I've had the priviledge of seeing these already and they are magnificent! goodjob.gif

Your mods are beautiful and Aravi is so very nimble on her feet. Lost Spires looks fabulous and you can really sense the impact of Aravi's realistic fatigue mod. I also love her 'Imoen' voice set.

Aravi's a delightful Khajiit, along with her two companions.

I'm so glad she will be in Bravil during the time of the Tournament!

This post has been edited by Acadian: Mar 23 2011, 02:45 AM

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheOtherRick
post Mar 23 2011, 02:07 PM
Post #3

Finder
Group Icon

Cool Videos! I am relatively lightly modded. I saw stuff that I am unfamiliar with. I know it's a bit off topic, but what are "portable sacks"? I also saw a "portable tent" that really interests me.

I agree with Acadian, hearing Imoen's voice sure brought beck some memories. Baldur's Gate was the first Fantasy RPG that I ever played. It was the bomb at the time....my how things change.

--------------------
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

The Talendor Chronicles is my first fan fiction attempt.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 23 2011, 04:35 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

WOO HOO! King Coin, you did it and didn't tell me !!! I would have been right over PRONTO !!! Awesome thread, I want to know everytime a vid is added !!! WOO HOO !!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 23 2011, 06:25 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 22 2011, 08:42 PM) *

I've had the priviledge of seeing these already and they are magnificent! goodjob.gif

Your mods are beautiful and Aravi is so very nimble on her feet. Lost Spires looks fabulous and you can really sense the impact of Aravi's realistic fatigue mod. I also love her 'Imoen' voice set.

Aravi's a delightful Khajiit, along with her two companions.

I'm so glad she will be in Bravil during the time of the Tournament!

Thanks! I really thought her companions are fun though they did make that ambush a lot less dangerous than it would have been had Aravi been alone. They are now gathering information on this group called "Dark Brotherhood."

QUOTE(TheOtherRick @ Mar 23 2011, 08:07 AM) *

Cool Videos! I am relatively lightly modded. I saw stuff that I am unfamiliar with. I know it's a bit off topic, but what are "portable sacks"? I also saw a "portable tent" that really interests me.

I agree with Acadian, hearing Imoen's voice sure brought beck some memories. Baldur's Gate was the first Fantasy RPG that I ever played. It was the bomb at the time....my how things change.

I'll post a list later on for the most noticeable mods I use in the game and explain them. I have the full list in the "Oblivion/How many mods are you using" topic.

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 23 2011, 10:35 AM) *

WOO HOO! King Coin, you did it and didn't tell me !!! I would have been right over PRONTO !!! Awesome thread, I want to know everytime a vid is added !!! WOO HOO !!!!!

Sorry! I'll be sure to send you a message every time I update this thread! (Hopefully tonight!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 23 2011, 10:30 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

UPDATE at the end of post. I couldn't bring myself to triple post.

QUOTE(TheOtherRick @ Mar 23 2011, 08:07 AM) *

The portable sack, tent, cot, and campfire all come in a mod called portable campsite. It allows you to set up a camp and sleep anywhere in the wilderness so you don't have to keep running back to a house to sleep if you are role playing (which I am). I use the portable sack because I have another mod called Realistic Fatigue.

Realistic Fatigue drains your fatigue based on encumbrance, running/walking/standing/sitting, and combat. If your fatigue is low or completely drained your character starts to trip and fall while moving and is easy to knock down in combat. It also adds sound and screen effects when you are tired. Your character starts panting and their vision starts pulsing (like with a heartbeat) and gets blurry. To make my character last longer in combat I usually load up anything non-essential into the portable sack and then drop it.

The sword and bow I use are added by a series of weapon mods called RealSwords. Aravi uses a Khajiit sword and a Bosmer bow.

The dungeons were added by The Lost Spires, which is a new guild and questline.

And effecting all of the enemies in the game and most of the equipment is Francesco's mod (F mod). It takes away most of the enemy leveling in the game and adds new creatures and weapons. That means you can run into just about any enemy at any level. Sometimes it will be easier than vanilla Oblivion, but often times it is more difficult. F mod also changes the gear most NPCs have so that they are much less likely to have full daedric armor no matter what level they are at. I like that because it makes high powered equipment rare instead of every person owning a set.

Aravi finds herself in the Jeralls today after purchasing a new sword from a Nord. She has a few interesting encounters while wandering the northern unmarked roads.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI1Bh243yVw

Contains material from ghastley

This post has been edited by King Coin: Mar 24 2011, 01:40 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 24 2011, 01:38 AM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

Oooh, the bears !!! You got Ghastley's mod !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 24 2011, 02:01 AM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

A few screen shots

The exterior of a Spire
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/3910/ob...03211805270.jpg

Bruma's chapel at night
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1166/obli...03231701425.jpg

Another night pic, on the way to the mage's guild for a cozy bed and out of the bitter cold
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/3059/ob...03231702266.jpg

--------------------

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 24 2011, 02:21 AM
Post #9

Paladin
Group Icon

Wonderful stuff again. Great fun to see ghastley's bear riders. As I've told you before, I like how your towns have lit windows at night.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 24 2011, 03:10 AM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

I've always loved Cyrodiil at night - but on your screen resolution it is absolutely beautiful !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 25 2011, 01:21 AM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

Contains a mission from Kvatch Rebuilt. if you don't want it spoiled, then skip this update.

Aravi received a message after she returned from the Jeralls while she was staying at the Grey Mare.
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/193/kvatch.jpg
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6795/kvatch3.jpg
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1232/kvatch2.jpg

This is the message after Aravi talks to the harbor master in Anvil about the supplies
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/3762/kvatch4.jpg

And here's the action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulU6kVBqDEs

*I had to leave out a fight because for some reason all of the bandits decided to forgo shirts. I quit the game after the fight and disabled HGEC mod and then continued.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 25 2011, 01:39 AM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

Loved the vid !!! Awesome new quests !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 25 2011, 03:03 AM
Post #13

Paladin
Group Icon

Great stuff, Aravi! You move as quickly and deftly as a cat! And I see you enjoying the beauty of mind control spells.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 25 2011, 03:17 AM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

were you (Acadian or mALX) able to get what was going on or did I cut out too much? I tried to keep this one shorter.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 25 2011, 03:30 AM
Post #15

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Mar 24 2011, 10:17 PM) *

were you (Acadian or mALX) able to get what was going on or did I cut out too much? I tried to keep this one shorter.

I didn't see any problem with the tops, they all had bra tops on - if you've ever seen the hunting vest, it doesn't look any different than that anyway. (in fact, it may have been what they were wearing). I thought the vid was GREAT !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 25 2011, 03:39 AM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 24 2011, 09:30 PM) *

I didn't see any problem with the tops, they all had bra tops on - if you've ever seen the hunting vest, it doesn't look any different than that anyway. (in fact, it may have been what they were wearing). I thought the vid was GREAT !!!

Oh that's because I cut it out and deactivated the mod. Aravi was fighting some completely topless bandits laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 25 2011, 03:45 AM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Mar 24 2011, 10:39 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 24 2011, 09:30 PM) *

Oh that's because I cut it out and deactivated the mod. Aravi was fighting some completely topless bandits laugh.gif

Lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 25 2011, 03:50 AM
Post #18

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Mar 24 2011, 07:17 PM) *

EZ. The screenies where you showed the quest log set things up perfectly. Then the quest log updates in the vid kept us perfectly oriented as Aravi did this little KR quest. Nice job!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 26 2011, 05:08 AM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

Today Aravi brought down an infestation of vampires hiding out in Memorial Cave.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUgIZ8WlCfw

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 26 2011, 03:06 PM
Post #20

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Mar 26 2011, 12:08 AM) *

Today Aravi brought down an infestation of vampires hiding out in Memorial Cave.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUgIZ8WlCfw

GAAAAH! Does the mandrake root cure vampire disease? Also, when the "One day without bathing" is added, does in effect the NPC's detection of you when you are in sneak? Holy cow, that place was loaded with vampires - OH! I think one of your mods is taking the shirts off bandits and highwaymen, lol. I never saw a shirtless highwayman before, that was funny! It also seems to be adding calipers - is that for Shivering Isles or are they needed for another mod?

--------------------
+Quote Post

31 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:03 PM