Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

146 Pages V « < 121 122 123 124 125 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mojave Meanderings and Wasteland Wanderings, The Fallout "Where are you now" thread
Renee
post Sep 3 2018, 05:12 PM
Post #2441

Councilor
Group Icon

Tuesday, November 6, 2281, 11:00 pm: A lot has happened in Karen Aboucha's game, yet (as usual) nothing has happened.

She managed to kill a couple bark radscorpions, which don't seem so tough. But as a budding survivalist, Karen already knows about the poison glands these creatures possess. They will come in handy later, when she learns to make poison antidotes.

She also found the NCR Correctional Facility. Talked to a couple of guys there, but she doesn't like their rhetoric. At the time she was limping and hurt from a couple frag mines she stumbled upon, yet even though there was some dialog to go inside their facility, she chose not to pursue this. Karen is very picky. And she doesn't like the sound of what NCR is all about. sad.gif

But she just found Goodsprings Cave. smile.gif She's not just a survivalist, she's also a scavenger. And a cave-delve just seems too tempting to ignore.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 3 2018, 07:00 PM
Post #2442

Master
Group Icon

There's always some good loot to be found in the Goodsprings Cave.

Guys at the NCRCF aren't actually NCR, they're convicts that took over. The "real" NCR you meet for the first time in Primm and then you keep seeing more of them as you get closer to New Vegas.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Sep 4 2018, 07:44 AM
Post #2443

Knower
Group Icon

It would not quite be a Fallout game if somebody did not take something over. After the world goes to hell people love to move in and set up shop. The Legion, Khans, convicts, ghouls, etc, are all groups that take every opportunity that they can. Fallout NV is a hard game to explore if you expect it to be the same as FO3, but it is quite tasty when it comes to factions and companions. smile.gif

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 4 2018, 08:46 PM
Post #2444

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Sep 4 2018, 02:44 AM) *

it is quite tasty when it comes to factions and companions. smile.gif

Loviatar found it to be quite tasty... devilsmile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Sep 5 2018, 10:55 AM
Post #2445

Knower
Group Icon

Yes, I do remember that the Legion discovered that they were teddy-bears compared to a certain lady that had to use a tooth pick between her teeth... laugh.gif

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 7 2018, 02:46 PM
Post #2446

Spam Meister
Group Icon

In the middle of nowhere, I suddenly decided to teleport back to Megaton.

Yes. It is time. Time to prepare for the annual trip to Point Lookout! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 10 2018, 03:01 PM
Post #2447

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Sep 7 2018, 09:46 AM) *

Yes. It is time. Time to prepare for the annual trip to Point Lookout! biggrin.gif

Huh? Annual trip to Lookout? Can you tell us more about this phenomenon, crow? How long has this tradition been going on?

Last time I saw Cho, he finally did find Olney Paper Works. But he couldn't get the stupid deathclaw transmitter thingie (whatever it is) to work. And he was by himself, he decided to leave his C-team behind, so he could do some stealth-shots without them jumping all over the place.

But then, he began to run out of ammo. mad.gif Nobody has 5.56 bullets up there, they're deathclaws, after all! panic.gif I decided to add a vendor into one of the Minefield houses, so he doesn't have to walk all the way back to Megaton or Citadel. Minefield is already done, its houses all abandoned so it's conceivable some people could move in there.

I'll make a proper Cho update hopefully soon.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 13 2018, 11:26 AM
Post #2448

Master
Group Icon

By reaching the maximum possible level in New Vegas - Level 50 - Blondie has now officially become a t00n. The last chosen park was Just lucky I'm alive. After 275 hours Blondie's most prominent stats are:

Energy Weapons, Lockpick, Melee Weapons, Speech - 100.

Survival - 99

Sneak - 90

Barter, Medicine, Repair - 80.

As of now she had killed 1339 people, 1426 creatures, picked 133 locks, took 210 stimpaks and consumed 2193 chems (cigarettes mostly). She disintegrated 2023 enemies and dismembered 1769 limbs.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 13 2018, 03:57 PM
Post #2449

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 10 2018, 04:01 PM) *

Huh? Annual trip to Lookout? Can you tell us more about this phenomenon, crow? How long has this tradition been going on?

Only since, oh, maybe five years now wink.gif

Yes, I always go to Lookout in the fall to enjoy shooting the neckreds and whatnot. And since last year, I now have a tradition to go hunt some ghouls on the special safari offered up north-east smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 13 2018, 06:42 PM
Post #2450

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, congratulations to Blondie! She definitely must be your longest-lasting "toon" so far. laugh.gif How many hours? Oh wait... 275 you say. That still doesn't touch Mirocu, or Renee Gade III or Lady Saga, but still. I guess 275 is a long time for Mister Lopov.

Thanks for explaining, crow. You really are a man of traditions and rituals, ha ha.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 13 2018, 06:51 PM
Post #2451

Mouth
Group Icon

Completed a bunch more content in Fallout 3 recently. The other day I did the Krivbeknih quest and destroyed the book, because I am not helping crazy occultists. Obadiah Blackhall was unsurprisingly displeased with my choice and told me basically that I should not criticize things that I don't understand and walked away.

Little did he realize what was coming to him. Mariah taught him a rather painful lesson.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 14 2018, 03:31 PM
Post #2452

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 13 2018, 07:42 PM) *

Thanks for explaining, crow. You really are a man of traditions and rituals, ha ha.

I sure am! laugh.gif

In fact; I have just now boarded Rivet City in prep for the journey. Sold some stuff at the market and now I'll re-explore the rest of the ship. Always fun to go look at it smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 14 2018, 09:49 PM
Post #2453

Ancient
Group Icon

Have fun storming the castle!

I used to love reading the reviews on Point Lookout in Google Maps. They used to be filled with comments about mirelurks, tribals, and so on. But it has been so long since Fallout 3 that those reviews have dropped to the bottom.

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 10 2018, 10:01 AM) *

Last time I saw Cho, he finally did find Olney Paper Works. But he couldn't get the stupid deathclaw transmitter thingie (whatever it is) to work. And he was by himself, he decided to leave his C-team behind, so he could do some stealth-shots without them jumping all over the place.

But then, he began to run out of ammo. mad.gif Nobody has 5.56 bullets up there, they're deathclaws, after all! panic.gif I decided to add a vendor into one of the Minefield houses, so he doesn't have to walk all the way back to Megaton or Citadel. Minefield is already done, its houses all abandoned so it's conceivable some people could move in there.

I'll make a proper Cho update hopefully soon.

5.56 vs Deathclaws? Maybe you should try to arm up. Bottlecap mines, .44 Magnums, and Fat Men are excellent Deathclaw hunters.

QUOTE(Lopov @ Sep 13 2018, 06:26 AM) *

By reaching the maximum possible level in New Vegas - Level 50 - Blondie has now officially become a t00n. The last chosen park was Just lucky I'm alive. After 275 hours Blondie's most prominent stats are:

Energy Weapons, Lockpick, Melee Weapons, Speech - 100.

Survival - 99

Sneak - 90

Barter, Medicine, Repair - 80.

As of now she had killed 1339 people, 1426 creatures, picked 133 locks, took 210 stimpaks and consumed 2193 chems (cigarettes mostly). She disintegrated 2023 enemies and dismembered 1769 limbs.

blink.gif Blondie is teh L33T!

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Sep 13 2018, 01:51 PM) *

Completed a bunch more content in Fallout 3 recently. The other day I did the Krivbeknih quest and destroyed the book, because I am not helping crazy occultists. Obadiah Blackhall was unsurprisingly displeased with my choice and told me basically that I should not criticize things that I don't understand and walked away.

Little did he realize what was coming to him. Mariah taught him a rather painful lesson.

A fitting end for a Cthulhu Cultist. goodjob.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 14 2018, 11:24 PM
Post #2454

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 14 2018, 04:49 PM) *

5.56 vs Deathclaws? Maybe you should try to arm up. Bottlecap mines, .44 Magnums, and Fat Men are excellent Deathclaw hunters.

Oh it's no problem. Cho has a few explosives, he already used some mines and grenades! ... 5.56 ammo does just fine against those beasts, especially since Cho got his new Hechler & Koch replica gun!

Problem is, he already wasted a lot of his ammo on random encounters as the C-team traveled from The Citadel. He left Citadel with just over 750 rounds, now he's down to about 200. I just have to add a vendor into Minefield, so he doesn't have to go all the way back to Megaton.

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 14 2018, 11:26 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 15 2018, 02:21 PM
Post #2455

Master
Group Icon

5.56? laugh.gif .44 magnums? biggrin.gif Bottlecap mines even? rollinglaugh.gif

Learn from the Hobo, he went against a deathclaw with a dart gun - and won. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 15 2018, 02:55 PM
Post #2456

Ancient
Group Icon

The Dart Gun is overpowered. It automatically cripples both legs on a hit anywhere. Then they can never reach you.

Persephone fights Deathclaws with a sword

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 15 2018, 03:16 PM
Post #2457

Master
Group Icon

It's definitely overpowered but on the other hand, its schematics aren't easy to find unless one purchases them or reads online where to find them, so it's a fitting reward that it's a powerful weapon.

I just fired up the Hobo's game again and found him right at outskirts of Old Olney, so those pics from above were taken about two years ago, when I played his game for the last time.

Today together with Dogmeat he ventured deeper into the infested town and fought deathclaws with shishkebab, mines, grenades, railway rifle, dart gun and of course his trusted hunting rifle, so he used every weapon from his arsenal of lethal weapons except binoculars.

The Hobo also left some handy stuff for any children that might come to Old Olney in the near future like Cho for instance whistling.gif. He placed the stuff inside a crate to one of the ruined houses east of Old Olney. This stuff can be found here. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Lopov: Sep 15 2018, 03:26 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 15 2018, 04:22 PM
Post #2458

Ancient
Group Icon

The last thing the Deathclaws heard was "Haw Baw!" laugh.gif

I have been listening to the HPLHS radio drama The White Tree today. One of the characters made me think of Renee. Sheriff Morpain. That sounds like a future character!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 15 2018, 09:41 PM
Post #2459

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha ha you two are cracking me up! .. Good to see THE Hobo back. Time for some popcorn.

Yes Sherriff Morpain sounds like a funny name. I'd use it if I didn't already have a list of names to get to. Stay tuned for Linda Hand, for instance.

We're getting the remains of Florence this weekend, so this means even more rain and drizzly weather. And I only play Fallout if it's sunny. No sunny weather though until Wednesday. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 15 2018, 09:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 18 2018, 05:37 PM
Post #2460

Master
Group Icon

There is silence now in Old Olney.

No longer can one hear deathclaws stomping around.

"But they'll come back," the Hobo says to Dogmeat, who happily barks in return. "They always do. First from eggs, then they grow up and then they climb up from sewers. I can feel them beneath us, blasted hooligans."

The Hobo feels sad as he's leaving Old Olney. He can feel souls of too many adventurers that died in this place, some from his world and some from the other worlds. He feels a soul of a young girl called Marge who had entire life ahead of her but fell under claws of death. The Hobo can't explain how but upon feeling Marge's soul he knows that she was from some vault. The Hobo was also born in some vault but the only thing that remains from his vault dwelling days is a PipBoy on his left arm.

Then he senses another soul - an evil, foul being, a devil impersonated. The Hobo's head hurts as he's overwhelmed by monstrosities this snake creature had committed but if the Hobo could sense his soul, it means he's dead. And this is good. The Hobo puts his backpack down and opens it - he wants some beer but in a backpack full of random junk from all over the wasteland, from tin cans to mini nukes with everything like magazines, pool balls, metro tickets, vacuum cleaners, pencils and other junk in between, it's hard to find anything. Finally, he finds an unopened bottle of freshly irradiated beer. He opens the bottle with a lighter and quickly throws the bottle cap away as it were on fire. The Hobo knows that wealth makes people unhappy so he never carries more than one bottle cap. But he always has one just in case he needed to pay for some thing. Not that this is going to happen because the Hobo doesn't trade with anyone. As he's leaving Old Olney behind, Dogmeat is faithfully following him, curious where his master will take him now.

--------------------
+Quote Post

146 Pages V « < 121 122 123 124 125 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 08:57 AM