Full Version: To Heir Is Human- Playground XIV
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Role-playing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Lord Revan

Well, here we are.....
minque
QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Aug 20 2007, 03:26 PM) *

Amrita

Amrita knew all about the rift that had been building between Rann and the duo of Satyana and Issac. Hell, they had gotten into it when it first came up so badly that they didn't even notice her sitting in the tavern.

Hmm... perhaps it's time for me to try and look good once again...

She approached Issac and Satyana. "Could I speak with you two privately?" she asked then quietly, but in a serious tone.

Satyana

She rose an eyebrow when hearing Amrita wanting to talk to her...and Issac.

What does she want? If she´s coming on to Issac I will just kill her....with no hesitation...no mercy!

"Ok dear lost sister....we are all ears"

Satyana grasped Issac´s hand and held it hard....
The Metal Mallet
Amrita

Amrita led the two along till she felt they could talk privately. As she walked she thought of the most appropriate way to discuss this. She turned around and faced the two, a slightly concerned look on her face.

"Listen you two, you may not have noticed, but I was in the barroom when you two and Rann first started arguing. I heard the entire thing. And since I get the impression that Rann feels that he's adamently betrayed by you two and your conspiracy theory, if you're looking to resolve the issue the apology will have to be done by you two. Rann's too stubborn, especially when he thinks his opposition's view is complete ludacris," she fixed Satyana with an understanding look, "I know you definitely want to be in Rann's good graces once again and admitting your fault in the situation would do that... Well that is if you're sincere about it."
minque
Satyana

She looked at her sister...wondering how she could know so much about Rann and what really happened...

"I...I am not very keen on apologizing for something I did not do! I haven´t conspired against Rann! Not to my knowledge anyway! She looked at Issac....

"What is this all about?"
Lord Revan

Issac

He explained calmly, "Rann is angry at us because we don't trust Altair. And because Rann trusts him blindly, he takes it as a personal affront. And then he won't stop holding it over us that we wanted Soldin to fight with us against Mannimarco."

Issac finished, "Rann isn't going to forgive us for Soldin, we've already apologized. And I personally doubt we'll have anymore luck with apologizing about Altair."
The Metal Mallet
Amrita

It was difficult to not roll her eyes at Satyana's reaction, yet she managed to keep the same expression she had. Is she really this oblivious to what's going on around her? Gods!

"I think you're underestimating Rann's ability to forgive. This Soldin you speak of must've only passed away recently so obviously he's still hurt by the loss. This whole Altair debacle doesn't help the situation. Personally this doesn't sound like something that should've been secret anyways. Your supposed to be a party right? Then why don't you address these issues to the group, get the opinion of everyone and not try to act all shady. It basically shows you distrust the other members of the group," she paused to make sure they were paying attention.

"But yes, about Rann. I'm sure if I was present during the apology, I could find a way to show him that you two are being sincere."
Lord Revan

Issac

"With all due respect, Amrita, we've spent the last few months with Rann, and you've only known any one of us for less than a week." He replied cooly. "He hasn't ever hesitated to cast blame on someone, or complain about how much this whole walk through Oblivion has been hell. Frankly, I'm tired of Rann, I will not lay down on my knees and beg for him to stop hanging things over our heads."

Issac went silent, then continued. "If he wants to blame us then fine; if he would rather spend time with a minipulative politician, then we don't have to ruin the air he breathes." The Altmer rose, "Thanks, but no thanks, Amrita."
The Metal Mallet
Amrita

"Talk about being hypocritical! You're acting the same way he does!" Amrita said incredulously.

"You wanna know something about politicians, Issac? They're all manipulative! Every. Single. One. Of. Them!" she said, emphasizing each word, "That's how they function! That's there's purpose in order to gain favour with the public. It's the ones who lie and make false promises that are the ones you need to look out for. And what exactly has Altair done in order to warrant such distrust? From what I understand he wishes to instate a democracy. This Empire needs something drastic to try to sway things back towards a positive direction; it certainly didn't appear to be happening with Ocato in power," she said as she took a moment to compose herself.

"Honestly, it almost appears as if you two are the ones being manipulated here. So far, Altair and his accomplish have been fighting and bleeding and supporting us in order to defeat this Silhouette thing. Whoever has provided you with whatever information that tarnishes Altair's character knew it would cause a rift between this party and weaken it because of that. Seriously, the war effort at the moment could be doing much better if we could work together instead of bickering amongst each other!"

Issac certainly did appear to be just as stubborn as Rann since he was sticking to an ideal that seemed far more ludicrous than what was being shown by Voltar and Altair. Even though there was actually some truth to Issac's side, it just didn't appear to be sufficient evidence that he could prove his point. Amrita felt that she at least needed Issac to admit that it would be difficult to next to impossible for Issac to convince the others that Altair was not what he appeared to be. That his quest to do so was hopeless.
Dantrag
Rann

After Aerona healed him, he sat down, still leaning against the wall, deciding to get a bit of rest before the next inevitable battle came their way. He didn't respond to Voltar's continued complaining about the water as he was a bit more interested in the private conversation among Issac and his sisters, watching them go with a bit of curiosity. From their gestures he guessed that it was a bit of an argumentative exchange of words, and he thought he heard his name more than once.

"So what are we doing now that we've all trapped ourselves?" he asked, deciding to put his mind in a different direction, "I don't think we have any sort of leadership with Arastus out there, and only the gods know if he's even alive."

He wasn't addressing anyone in particular, but he assumed that Flogir would be the most responsive because of his military background.
The Metal Mallet
Flogir

Flogir looked towards the walls, where the sounds of battle still were head over the high walls protecting them. He sighed at Rann's comments.

"I pray to the Nine that Astratus still lives. The loss of him could prove to be a serious blow to the Morrowind Army's morale. He had actually been doing quite well recently with keeping the spirits of the soldiers up," he paused and made a gesture in prayer for the safety of the Commander.

"As for the current situation. It appears that the Brumans have set up a solid defensible position along these walls. I suggest we figure out a way to keep that lizard thing from hopping over the walls and opening the door again though. I have a feeling only siege weapons could possibly hurt that thing, next to magic or covering it in oil and lighting that beast on fire that is..."
Lord Revan

Issac

It did occur to him that he appeared to be very alike Rann at the moment, but right now he was through with this bickering, hell, he'd been playing mediator for far too long. He spotted several flashes of light in his periphery, looking over Issac spotted the Narza'Tai spellcasters.

"If anyone needs me, I'll be with them." He said, leaving the group and marching in the direction of the fighting.

Ian and Karn, battlements

The Narza'Tai were scattered on rooftops and the top of the stone walls separating Green Emporer Way from Talos Plaza. Arrows and magic struck again and again at the tide of undead and the Silhoutte's army. Ian jumped down from the battlements to deal more damage at close range with his wrist blades, while Karn remained above, unleashing walls of bound shurikan.

The defenders managed to keep nothing undead, or unfriendly, at least twenty feet from the gates of Green Emporer Way. Still, in spite of all the success they were enjoying, they were weakening. The mages didn't have the liberty to squander their magicka for the sake of burning a group of corpses.
As another wave of undead were thrown at the gates, Ian was forced to retreat back to the battlements to avoid being swamped. As assassin groups on the rooftops were approached by undead from below, they were given no choice but to flee to safety.

"This is a dire situation....." The vampire breathed as the dead overtook half of the Narza'Tai's rooftop positions.
jack cloudy
Flint Ironwood.

Flint finally managed to see something. What he saw didn't please him though.
,,You." He croaked.

Green-Root sniffed.
,,Why, hello to you too." He hissed amiably.
,,These Narza'tai are truly something, aren't they? Whisked you away from that demigod and put you right in our lap. Now hold still, the healers are trying to mend your legs. Don't worry, we'll have all the time in the world for a friendly chat later." He added and walked away.

,,Someone you know?" Vasha asked. The Argonian shrugged.
,,Something like that."
Florodine of Hlaalu
Dalrus, Green Emperor Way

"I think if the Morrowind commander dies, the Bruma commander or one of us should take command of it. Whoever seems to fit with the position better," she said, answering Rann's question. She was exausted, dodging and running while fireing magic could be quite draining. She laid her head on Rann's shoulder and closed her eyes, though she was just resting them. "I just hope this gate holds," she said to no one in particular.

The Green Emperor Way had calmed down a tad. Most people who retreated there, that were not soldiers ran to other parts of the city to lodge in some of the houses that had been evacuated. About half the cities population had agreed to evacuate, others had remained there, which meant there were still hundreds of thousands of people in the city.
Lord Revan

Plys'Iea

He had seen Mannimarco sinking into the floor, that left little doubt in his mind that the necromancer had escaped the collapsing structure. With that in mind, the alien pushed to aid the werewolves he'd abandoned minutes ago.

Two had been overtaken by the undead, leaving twelve still fighting. As he fought, the Plys'Iea recalled Mannimarco's words about zombies being less grotesque than vampires. On the contrary, the alien perfered the diseased men and mer over the products of necromancy.
Even if their bodies were partly dead, they were still men inside. The zombies were just churned out as cannon fodder, the vampires didn't use other bodies, only their own. No, they may be diseased, but they are warriors. Zombies are just rotted flesh and a single-minded urge for killing others.

Dantrag
Rann

Rann was glad of Dalrus's company, especially since she was one of the few he still trusted. He put his arm around her while she rested, and after voicing her final comment, Rann replied internally.

It won't.
The Metal Mallet
Amrita

Amrita frowned at Issac as he simply left the conversation, he barely seemed to listen to her words.

Very much like Rann indeed. The prick!

She turned her attention back to her sister. "You understand what I'm saying don't you, sister? Don't you want to have Rann pay attention to you and not scorn you? I hope this doesn't offends you, but Issac seems to have a hard time listening to reason. Who exactly told you this misguided information anyways?"

Well if Issac can't be swayed right now, I will certainly try to sway Satyana. Her desire to have Rann back in her good graces should help her change her opinion on things...
Lord Revan

So it would be those you've named versus (with certainty) Karn, Ian, Issac, Green-Root, the Narza'Tai, and Tenek (if he posts soon). And I am struck by the fact that most of these are my characters........ But I wonder if the vets from the old RP will take the initiative (Rahvin being in Sadril must have seen Veric change at least once, right?)

Priest of Sithis
Astratus

Visions of a frosty land and the Daedra lord Hircine filled Astratus's mind. He tried to shake them, but they would move to different parts of his mind and take over. He stumbled into the right flank of his unit, still carrying the cause, showing himself that he retained some sense. He brushed away a healer that approached him and walked back to the gate that was under attack. He saw Karn there, and Ian, and knew that he couldn't get their attention by sound. He scoured the crowd and saw the man without eyes, with one of those Narza'Tai, fighting off two werewolves. Without thinking he jumped from atop the wall he had climbed and landed on one werewolf, slapping it against the cobblestone.

When Astratus slit the throat of the first werewolf, the second bit down on Astratus's weakened shoulder, but recoiled and seemed to spit. Patholos saw this and gasped, but Astratus quickly disemboweled the werewolf. Patholos put on a blank visage, and the Narza'Tai healer whispered, "Werewolf..." Ashamed, Astratus said, "I could not help it, arrange a meeting with Karn and, and, and that....vampire. I need to speak with them." Astratus turned away and then emptied his stomach on the pavement.

He followed Patholos back to an underground part of the sewer. He wasn't looked at or even attended to. Apparently, no one had the cure for Lupis around, and Astratus's hopes looked grim. He had 48 hours to go before he was a werewolf. Suddenly, Astratus began to cry, and fell back against his chair with deep sobbing heaves. Patholos watched without expression and the Narza'Tai healer left the room. The only thing Patholos said was, "Commander. There are more important things at hand..." And he went to go get Karn.

Astratus pounded his fists into the masonry in the sewers, and felt his muscles bulge and his mind cloud with the makings of the disease.

Mannimarco
OOC: BTW, a storm is coming, Massive...

A sudden change in air pressure began to signal Mannimarco that a storm was coming. He sniffed the smell of rain, and he looked around from his vantage point on a ruined stable. His energy was low, so he needed to fight his battles more carefully. He watched the giant lizard wreak havoc on the soldiers, and wondered, "How can something so massive, be bent to a mere wizard's will? The Silhouette has him hooked, and when he is unnecessary, he will be exterminated, because he is a threat. I am right or Mehrunes can have my soul!" On this rare occassion, Mannimarco chuckled, and it was a deep, almost soothing laugh, something unexpected from a man of his deeds.

Sighing, Mannimarco felt around for his dead. He was startled to feel most of the corpses were being "incapacitated" or, put out of comission. Mannimarco decided to take a chance and communicate with the vampires fighting for the Silhouette. At least, with their flesh. Mannimarco knew that if that giant lizard found him again, within the next couple of hours, he would not have the power to kill or even evade him. It would be the pits of Oblivion, and he would not accept that.

The vampires were fighting together, and it was strange indeed. The soldiers that were fighting them didn't get within four or five feet. The one or two soldiers that were bit every now and then were immediately cut down by their allies, and strangely, the soldier being killed did not die with spite, Mannimarco felt them leaving Nirm satiated. Mannimarco could not control the forty or so vampires there, but he could make them weaker, or even incapacitated.

Grinning and reciting the powerful magic, he made the vampire's legs relaxed, and he watched the vampires fall victim to the blades of the Morrowind Army.
Dantrag
Rann

Rann sat there for a long moment, with Dalrus resting on his shoulder. In the silence around him, he found time to think.

If Arastus died, then someone would have to take leadership permanently, as Dalrus had already said. But what if there was an attack at that very moment? The entire army would be leaderless and unorganized. Someone was needed now, if it was only a temporary position.

"What about you, Flogir?" he asked suddenly, "You were a soldier, you know military tactics, and you know that we won't hold here without a leader."

His mind suddenly went back to the woods, where he had started to take leadership of the group but relinquished it in favor of being stubborn. He was glad that Flogir wasn't like he was; there were people's lives at stake here.
Lord Revan

Karn and Ian

Most of the positions were now owned by undead or the Silhoutte's forces. Now all of the ranged defenders were one the walls of Talos Plaza. While the 'Tai continued to bombard the invaders, Karn turned to see Patholos approach, Ian glanced at the pale Dunmer.

The sensei immediately recognized that his second had gotten his eyes back, to which he gave an inquisitive look. "What is it, Patholos?"
The Metal Mallet
Flogir

Flogir scratched at the stubble on his chin as he pondered Rann's suggestion. His gaze was drawn in the direction that the battle was taking place. Flashes of Daedra storming over the walls, the screams and anguished cries of his allies flooding him mind. Flogir shook his head roughly, dispelling the memories.

Thunder crackled in the distance. A storm was drifting in steadily from the horizon.

This time, I won't fail. This will not be like Kvatch!

After moments of thought, Flogir finally cleared his throat. "Yes, I'd be willing to take over should the need arrive. What I suggest though is that we find the person who is commanding the Brumans. We'll make it a joint leadership until Astratus shows up."

Flogir looked to those around him. "Who is willing to come with me to find this person at the moment?"
Florodine of Hlaalu

Dalrus opened her eyes and yawned. "I suppose he would be in the Green Emperor Way somewhere, this is where the Bruman's and the Imperial Guard," she suggested looking at the knights guarding the door. The day was getting darker as clouds began to roll in. Wind started to pick up and Dalrus leaned over and kissed Rann. "I'm just going to help him look," she said to Rann and then standing up.

"I don't think you guys will be able to stay out here too long, but the tower should be open and reletively empty, Green Emperor way is off limits to people who aren't actually fighting.," she said standing next to Flogir. "I think if there is a commander, he will probably be meeting with the Guard commanders somewhere, maybe the Councilor chambers?" she suggested.

Eurod, Staggering in

Eurod had been bitten and knew he had forty eight hours of being fully human left. He would just have to control the lupis, not let himself go crazy. It was not unheard of, though it was very hard and took a lot of control. He staggered into the Green Emperor way from the gate that lead to the temple district. His armor was bloody and he looked strained just to stand up, but he could do it, he just needed a healer. He saw a group sitting against the wall talking, and then another group not to far away who were also in a discussion. He hoped they could help him.

"Anybody!?" was all he could utter before collapsing.

The Metal Mallet
Flogir

"I supposed that's where we could--" his sentence was cut off as a bloodied Nord nearby cried out for assistance before collapsing. Hearing the call, Flogir went to the man's side.

"Gods!" Flogir said in shock at the wounds the man had suffered. He looked back, and saw that Aerona was the only one nearby that he knew could possibly look after the man. "Aerona! I think we need your help here," he called out to her.

As he waited for help, he couldn't help but think that this Bruman was familiar. Perhaps they had crossed paths at the Battle of Bruma during the Oblivion Crisis.
jack cloudy
Flint Ironwood and Green-Root, Narza'tai headquarters.

Even though the healers had fixed his bones, they weren't going to let him leave.
,,This place is our secret. You will leave when we consider it wise. Leave on your own, and we shall be forced to kill you." The woman who called herself Vasha claimed.
,,Oh, sure." Flint mumbled.

Green-Root leaned against the wall in one corner of the room.
,,Now, how is everyone? Flogir, Aerona, that naive girl and her boyfriend, the vampire, and let's not forget our two-faced politician." He began. Flint grumbled beneath his breath.
,,They're all fine, last time I checked." He spoke.
,,That is too bad." Green-Root replied with a shrug.

Flint gave the Argonian a long stare.
,,So, you finally showed your true colours, didn't you? Dissapointed your Silhouette hasn't conquered the whole world yet?" He snapped. The Argonian laughed.
,,True colours? Why would I serve a monster like the Silhouette? Old man, you are suffering from some severe delusions. I have no quarrel with any of you. If I did, you would be dead by now instead of resting in a bed with recently reassembled legs. I have no quarrel, except with Altair and his aide. It is too bad they are still in fine health. It would have been better for everyone if they'd died by now."

Flint rolled over, turning his back to Green-Root.
,,Because he's evil, a murderous robber and whatever. Gosh, I wonder who else fits that description? Leave me alone. I don't need a conspiracy theory."

Green-Root left the room without a word.
,,That man has one stubborn skull." He explained to Kalsh when the Argonian lass gave him a questioning look.
,,I can't convince him that the Altmer Altair is connected to a yellow-eyed Breton, perhaps even the same person. I can't convince him, even if I were the great Tiber Septim himself. But maybe someone else can, given a few hours of lonesome rest." He continued. Kalsh nodded in understanding and moved off to her guard post.
Lord Revan

Plys'Iea

The werewolves were mighty indeed, but the swarm of undead overtook another three of the twelve before the alien could reach them. He swept the street with his staff's expansive reach, possibly relieved to see him return and strike the enemy from the flanks, the wolves pushed forward with renewed vigor.

Once the undead were vanquished, the man-wolves and the Plys'Iea took a moment to catch their breaths before moving on. Finally, as they were ready to get underway again, a group of human soldiers moved in from Green Emporer Way.
The soldiers didn't break from their tight cluster, and the werewolves were obediant enough not to charge outright. The silence and lack of movement was so perfect that the alien could sense the changing weather in the distance through his spines.

He looked over the soldiers, and immediately picked out the officer, next to the banner-carrier. The Plys'Iea warrior snarled and the werewolves burst onward around him. When the hunter reached the edge of the human broadswords' reach he leapt over the crouching formation.....
Priest of Sithis
Patholos

"Excuse me Sensei," Patholos said with reverity, and retied his eyecloth. He had grown new eyes, but they were red like fire and an obvious sign of evil. Patholos returned to the conversation and said, "There is a matter of your and apparently the vampire's need in our sewer district. The Commander, Sensei," Patholos waited, and tried to ponder the right words for the release of information. He said, "He has been bitten."

OOC: Have fun, Plys'Iea

Lieutenant of the Mountain Spears (The soldiers in front of the Green Emperor Way)

Fear took the Lieutenant, and he knew this was his last day on Nirm. He said a small prayer for the four young recruits they had to implement due to missing soldiers. They were barely past their eighteenth summer. The lieutenant yelled to his men, "Now we go to sit among gods!" And the Morrowind Army charged with their swords high, just in time to see the giant beast leap impossibly into the air...
Lord Revan
OCC: I hate trying to spell the scientific name for vampirism.

Karn and Ian

The sensei raised an eyebrow and glanced at Ian who nodded almost inperceptively. "Then let us meet with Astratus."
The vampire asked the pale Dunmer, "Lycanthropy, or Porphyric Hemophillia?"

Issac, on the walls

He glanced down from the walls and called down to the group. "Well, Astratus was fighting and bleeding with his men, but now, apparently, he's in the sewers!" Issac held back any comment about how the Dunmer commander was doing much more than sitting by the gates.

The Altmer flinched slightly when a bandit's arrow flew inches over his shoulder, That was too close.... He turned and launched a fireball at the first bandit bowmen he spotted, regardless of if it was the one who shot at him or not.
Dantrag
QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Aug 22 2007, 11:45 AM) *

Flogir

"I supposed that's where we could--" his sentence was cut off as a bloodied Nord nearby cried out for assistance before collapsing. Hearing the call, Flogir went to the man's side.

"Gods!" Flogir said in shock at the wounds the man had suffered. He looked back, and saw that Aerona was the only one nearby that he knew could possibly look after the man. "Aerona! I think we need your help here," he called out to her.

As he waited for help, he couldn't help but think that this Bruman was familiar. Perhaps they had crossed paths at the Battle of Bruma during the Oblivion Crisis.

Aerona

Aerona rushed to help the man, and quickly kneeled down beside him.

"Prop him up a little," she said to Flogir, "Help me get his armor off."

She hoped that most of the blood on his armor didn't belong to him, or he would be gone shortly. Also, she had used most of her magicka in helping Flogir and Rann, and very little was left. She could only hope that more conventional methods would work.

Rann

As Flogir began to help, Rann stopped him and began doing as Aerona said.

"You do what you need to," he explained as he began cutting Eurod's armor straps with a small knife.
The Metal Mallet
Flogir

Flogir nodded at what Rann told him. Indeed he had something to do.

He went to the walls where the Brumans were busily plying their techniques to repel the invaders. He approached a group that were taking a break.

"Greetings. Who commands you guys other than Astratus? I have a feeling we might need to collaborate should Astratus fall."

The Brumans looked around them. One of them shrugged their shoulders "Eurod was here earlier, cept he was on the other side of the walls," he said, nodding towards the walls.

Another soldier spoke up. "Actually I'm very sure the Cap'n brought back his squad to this side. He didn't look to well..."

Flogir paused. "What's he look like?"

The soldier gave him a description of the man that had collapsed nearby him. "By the Divines!" Flogir cursed and left the soldiers without telling them anything.

Flogir stopped by Rann and Aerona once again. "Well apparently I found out that the person I was looking for is this chap right here... This isn't looking good," he looked up to Issac, "Is there I way for me to get into those sewers. I guess I should checkup on Astratus now."
Dantrag
Rann

"You aren't very good at doing what you have to, are you?" he asked, half joking, half serious, "If this is in fact the leader here, then you're up next, and should probably stay here."

He held out his knife to Flogir, "Finish here and I'll go in the sewers for Arastus. I consider myself sneakier than you anyway."

It didn't occur to him how much it seemed like he was bossing around a nord much older and much wiser than he.

Aerona

Aerona tore off Eurod's shirt, looking for the main wound, but there were so many, it was hard to tell which one was the main problem. She wanted to look over more of the injured man's body, but for some reason there was still armor on certain parts.

She looked up at Flogir and Rann, and in seeing the cause of the delay she shouted at them, "Someone start cutting again if you want him to live!"
The Metal Mallet
Flogir

Flogir grinned despite the seriousness of the situation. "I should remind you, my old position in the army was a basically a field corporal. I just did what my sergeant told me to do."

Flogir jumped when Aerona yelled at him. He quickly began to removing the last pieces of armour, apologizing repeatedly.

Without looking up, he addressed those around him. "Umm, could anyone tell the Brumans over there the situation on their Captain and that if they require any assistance to ask me for instructions."
Dantrag
OOC: do you want him to become a werewolf, Florodine?

Rann

Rann hurried off to report to the soldiers from Bruma. He found the same group that Flogir did.

"Your leader is severely injured. To take his place, though is an experienced soldier from the Oblivion Crisis," he pointed to Flogir, who was currently aiding in the healing of Eurod, "Everyone reports to him now, understood?"

They all nodded, but one spoke up, "But what exactly are you doing?" he asked, obviously not happy that this young dunmer in front of them wasn't helping at the gates.

"Following orders," he answered, heading off in the direction of the nearest sewer entrance.

Aerona

Aerona ignored Flogir's apologies, and stayed focused on the task at hand. With the rest of the armor off, she spotted the problem; a bite.

"Werewolf," she said, "I can heal the wound, and he'll live, but I don't have the right ingredients to cure the disease right now."

She reached into her pack and pulled out a bottle of water and some choice herbs. She poured the water on the wound to clean it, and followed up by crushing the herbs into a pulp and placing them on the wound. She then ripped off the hem of her skirt and wrapped it around him.

"This wound will heal, but his blackout was caused by the disease, not so much his injuries. We should keep him locked up at night to keep him from hurting anyone."
minque
QUOTE(Lord Revan @ Aug 23 2007, 03:08 AM) *

Issac, on the walls

He glanced down from the walls and called down to the group. "Well, Astratus was fighting and bleeding with his men, but now, apparently, he's in the sewers!" Issac held back any comment about how the Dunmer commander was doing much more than sitting by the gates.

The Altmer flinched slightly when a bandit's arrow flew inches over his shoulder, That was too close.... He turned and launched a fireball at the first bandit bowmen he spotted, regardless of if it was the one who shot at him or not.

Satyana, joining 'Issac

She looked at her sister, slowly moving her head from side to side....she was right!, but so was Issac! Amrita hadn´t known either of them fo very long, so how could she promise everything would turn out ok? Unless of course.... Satyana shrugged, Amrita would of course pull some magic stunt on Rann! She doidn´t trust her anyway, but decided to maybe try her.

But that had to wait a while since she found Issac on the barriers throwinbg fireballs....Her place was with him! She approached him, touching his arm..

"Issac, sweetie, I´m here I´ll help out"

Satyana Sarethi prepared for her big show.....Small blue flames surrounded her, her amethyst-eyes glowed with an eerie light...she took a deep breath, stretched both her arms forward and spoke the incantation, so famous...so lethal!....

"Flammor, förtär dina mål, inifrån och ut...förtär tills intet mer än aska kvarstår"

A blue-white cloud emerged from her hands....

OOC: You guys decide what and how her lethal VC-fire will hit!...Because it will hit..something or someone
The Metal Mallet
Amrita

Amrita waited for Satyana to reply; it even appeared as if she might respond in the way she was hoping for, but instead she wandered off to Issac. Amrita couldn't help but stare at her back in puzzlement.

Now I can definitely see why Rann can get annoyed by these two. You try to talk to them and they just walk away from you without saying a word... At least they're meant for each other. They're both very rude!" Amrita thought angrily as she bit her bottom lip in frustration.

She wandered back to the group, and found that they were taking care of a fallen soldier.

"What happened to him?"

Flogir

Flogir was attempting to life Eurod to carry him when Amrita came back. "He suffered some wounds from a werewolf. We gotta find a place to stash him just in case he turns overnight."

Flogir looked around to see if there was anyplace handy at the moment. He noticed a wine cellar that was attached to one of the buildings. "Let's take him in there," he said, pointing out the building, "As long as it's an isolated cellar, we'll just have to barricade those doors."
Dantrag
Rann

Rann lowered himself down into the sewers, and was immediately assaulted by the not-so-pleasant smell. Doing his very best ot ignore it, he crept along, trying to find the best way to get himself back above ground on the other side.

As he made his way through the dark, damp tunnels, he found himself looking at each shadow, expecting to see someone (or something) pop out. He couldn't help but feel that he was being watched, and he realized that it would be hard to hide himself after already being spotted, so he abandoned his silent creeping and began splashing about in the sewer as if he were strolling along a street in broad daylight.

OOC: The one(s) watching him are with the Narza'Tai. Feel free to have them stop him.

Aerona

Aerona grabbed the man's legs, expecting Flogir to grab his shoulders, and they began to carry him in the direction of the cellar. Aerona was surprised at the man's light weight at first, until she remembered her vampirism. Shaking the thought from her head, she put all of her mental power towards the task at hand.
Lord Revan
Narza'Tai

As the intruder cleared the long hallway and entered one of the chambers, fifteen magical urns burst into fire, illuminating the entire space. The group of thirteen assassins appeared throughtout the room, five bows and four crossbows were aimed at Rann.

The rest of the group had shortswords and daggers of ebony, Deadric, or silver brandished. With the exception of their leader, all of the assassins were crouching in a battle stance. The leader, a masked Altmer, stood tall, holding an enchanted staff; a sheathed Deadric shortsword sitting on his belt.

The Altmer looked down at Rann, "To come here was not a wise decision; you would do well to leave now and forget you what you have seen."
Dantrag
Rann

"And you'd do well to shove that staff up your a**, but neither one is going to happen. I've got orders to find Arastus, and I'm not leaving until I do," he said matter-of-factly, despite the fact that he was heavily outnumbered.

What the altmer in front of him didn't know, though, was that Rann had already sensed the magical power of the staff and was ready to absorb it for his own use at a moment's notice.
Lord Revan
OCC: If Rann's willing to be sick for the rest of the siege....... Nah, he won't have to be.

Narza'Tai

Beneath the mask, it was difficult to see the Altmer narrow his eyes slightly. "Commander Astratus has been stricken with Lycanthropy, and has sought shelter here for the moment." His voice was devoid of any anger he might have felt.

"The commander asked for an audiance with the sensei and the Imperial vampire, nothing more. Now, if all you needed to do was verify the commander was here, you have." The Altmer leader clearly intended to dismiss Rann as soon as possible.
"Until the meeting has taken place, the quarantine will not be lifted; you have enough to report to whoever your superior is, so there is no reason for you to remain here."
Dantrag
Rann

"It most certainly wouldn't satisfy my superior," he replied, "Because my goal is to speak with his superior which I obviously haven't done. So if you'll kindly move..." he said, not waiting for any of them to actually move before starting to walk past them.
Lord Revan
OCC: In the Priest's absense, I'll move Ian and Karn forward, so they'll arrive shortly. I suppose Rann takes the fact they haven't shoot him in a bunch of non-lethal places for granted.

Narza'Tai

The sewer gate leading onward slammed shut, and the sword-wielders of the assassins moved to impede Rann's path. Beside Rann, the Altmer said. "Your superior's satisfaction is not our imperative of ours, Dunmer."

"Seeing as you have no leaverage on your end; we don't have to let you through. Perhaps you should re-evaluate your position before making more demands, boy." There was obvious condesension as the Altmer spoke the last word.
The Metal Mallet
Flogir

Flogir shifted his grip to hold Eurod by the armpits, allowing Aerona to carry him by the feet. They waddled their way to the cellar. They had to stop, and set Eurod down in order to open the heavy oak doors and remove the wooden bolt that kept it shut.

"I'll walk in backwards with him," Flogir instructed Aerona as they picked Eurod up once more.

As Flogir walked down the steps, he knew by the extremely musty smell that the cellar hadn't been used for awile. Flogir placed Eurod down once they were fully inside the cellar. Examining the cellar, Flogir coughed at the stirred up dust. Pretty much all the walls were lined with either casks of drink, probably wine or ale, or racks containing some bottles of various drinks. Flogir was happy to find that they way they came in was the only entrance. All the walls were solid stone.

"Well, we should probably gather up these supplies. The soldiers might need them to disinfect wounds and whatnot," he turned to Aerona, "Do you think we got enough time to gather it all up if I get some soldiers to help out?"
Priest of Sithis
Astratus

He felt a cold sweat form on the back of his neck, and sudden pulses of his heart scared him. The old soreness above his knees was gone, as well as the pain in his shoulders. He was sitting in a chair, when he heard commotion at the end of the hall. The female Narza'Tai healer came back to him and told him a brief description of Rann. Astratus remembered him from the gate earlier, and stood up. He fell immediately to his face, because of his recent growth in stature and loss of balance. Astratus slowly rose, and then walked with the help of the healer down the hallway.

When he came to the room, he saw Rann and the others, and wondered where Karn and Ian were. He had to catch his breath, because he was nausious and dizzy. He looked at Rann and said, "You, I saw you at the gate. Why don't you fight? Men are dying, surely you weren't sent here for me?" Astratus made a motion of head shaking, but abandoned the idea when he almost lost his balance. Astratus felt his body temperature rise and he grasped the wall for support. He looked Rann up and down, then said, "I'm sorry if I came across rude, but, as of now, I am in no condition to help my men, and soon, I will become a monster and fight the brethren I came across the Empire with. I feel alone, and I can already tell that there is a problem with command, mostly due to my forgetfullness of replacement should this happen again. I need to speak with Ian and Karn, about command, and you are welcome to attend. That is, if I am still myself in a few hours..."

Patholos

"Lycanthropy," He whispered, then escorted them down into the part of the sewers they were holding Astratus. Patholos saw the infection in Astratus, and it made him wonder what stuff the man was made of, to hold out against the disease that weakens the body so. He looked and saw that the years of alcoholism had almost ruined his liver and hardened his veins, making it hard for the Lycanthropy pathogens to circulate through his bloodstream. Patholos was truly amazed by this, but said nothing. He heard Astratus's voice, albeit weaker, in the distance, then the three came into the room with Rann and Astratus.

Patholos looked at Rann, and all the repressed anger from Rann's dissaproval of Patholos caught him in a flurry. He dragged the blade of his dagger across his palm, and Patholos's blood activated the deadly enchantment. He held the blade low in the folds of his black robe, and his eyes were visible as red discs behind his eyecloth. He said to the assembly, "Excuse me, there is a matter I need to take care of." And he slipped into the dark abyss that was the surrounding sewers. He would wait for Rann, and take his vengeance. There was a small voice in his head, a friendly voice, telling him it was wrong, but Patholos shook his head and hide well, waiting for his quarry.
Lord Revan

Ian and Karn

"Stand down, Alastor." He ordered the Altmer calmly. The leader relaxed and bowed his head, but his anger concerning Rann was still there.
Karn turned to address the younger Dunmer, but Ian beat him to the point. "Diplomacy is clearly not a strength of yours, Rann. I would never send you to negotiate with trained warriors." The Imperial chided Rann lightly.

The sensei added dryly, "It's wise watch what you step on." To the Narza'Tai around them, he commanded. "Back to the shadows." Not only did the group disperse, the magical flames dimmed enough to allow for moderate concealment.
Dantrag
Rann

Rann thought his diplomacy was just fine; he wasn't making remarks about how the Narza'Tai was the Brotherhood in everything but name and was even hiding his disgust for each and every one of them.

After thinking about his hatred for the guild, and the current situation, though, Rann made a conscious decision to be more diplomatic in the meeting that he was most surely attending. If the meeting was about leadership, and Ian and Karn were the candidates...

He would push for Flogir's election. He most certainly didn't want the leader of what he considered to be the Dark Brotherhood in charge, and he didn't want a traitorous vampire, either. Flogir was a trained soldier with knowledge of tactics and strategies and was good at quick decision making. Not only was he Rann's first choice, but he seemed better suited to the job. Karn was best with his band of assassins, and Ian was best at doing different sorts of special missions. Not to mention the fact that many would be wary of following a vampire.

"Sorry about that," he said in a tone that was as close to meek as he could get, "I didn't know they were on our side."
Lord Revan
OCC: Since Ian and Karn were the first combatants of the initial battle, and remained at the forefront of the battle, most of the soldiers only know about them because of that. So, despite what they happen to be, and who they already command aside, they are probably in pretty good graces with the soldiers.

Karn

In spite of how convincing Rann's apology was, Karn doubted that the Dunmer regretted anything he did, no matter how impulsive. From what he'd heard from Patholos, Serene's grandson had a hatred for the Dark Brotherhood.

Understandable, after all, isn't that why the Narza'Tai will outlive its predesesor. The Sensei mused, If the Dark Brotherhood gathered again, the intense hatred for them would lead to their demise. The 'family' was a gang of homicidal cut-throuts and sadistic maniacs with an over-developed urge to spill the blood of others....
This image of the Dark Brotherhood was one of the elements that had inspired the birth of the Narza'Tai. Where the former was simple a cult of killers, the Narza'Tai would have a true purpose, they would have duty instead of savagry.

A sudden thought broke his revere, the look Patholos had when he'd departed. He and Rann hated each other, Karn wondered if his lieutenant would go so far.....

Plys'Iea

A sound of thunder roared from the nearby storm. The alien stood still in the middle of the streets leading to the gates, small pieces of flesh clung to the spikes on his staff, human blood stained his jaws, covered his tongue.

The mangled remains of the Nord lieutenant was barely recognizable. He looked down at the corpse, into the sightless gaze of the man. The Plys'Iea snorted and swiveled his head to gaze at the eight remaining werewolves who were gorging themselves on the bodies of the dead.
A tiny drop of rain splashed on his snake-like head, then another three. And then the sky dumped its sorrows upon the world below. As the rain fell, he pondered what to do next, the King of Worms had dissappeared again.

Before he could get far in his brooding, a brilliant flash nearly blinded the alien. A wolf howled in surprise.... and was rapidly cut off. Even without his half-gone vision, the Plys'Iea knew the mighty beast had crumpled to the ground dead.
As they scattered, he chanced a look at the battlements and spied two individuals.....

Satyana, joining 'Issac

She looked at her sister, slowly moving her head from side to side....she was right!, but so was Issac! Amrita hadn´t known either of them fo very long, so how could she promise everything would turn out ok? Unless of course.... Satyana shrugged, Amrita would of course pull some magic stunt on Rann! She doidn´t trust her anyway, but decided to maybe try her.

But that had to wait a while since she found Issac on the barriers throwinbg fireballs....Her place was with him! She approached him, touching his arm..

"Issac, sweetie, I´m here I´ll help out"

Satyana Sarethi prepared for her big show.....Small blue flames surrounded her, her amethyst-eyes glowed with an eerie light...she took a deep breath, stretched both her arms forward and spoke the incantation, so famous...so lethal!....

"Flammor, förtär dina mål, inifrån och ut...förtär tills intet mer än aska kvarstår"

A blue-white cloud emerged from her hands....

Issac

He grinned slightly when Satyana appeared, "I would perfer help from none other." The spell she cast was very impressive, but Issac would never forget how her eyes looked at that moment, if he could help it, they were so captivating.

The werewolf Satyana's spell struck was put to an end instantly, not going too into detail. "It looks like their pulling back...." Issac said as the wolves and giant reptilian creature retreated. The brief gaze the mysterious creature at him caused Issac shudder involuntary.
Florodine of Hlaalu

Dalrus stood there with nothing to do, everyone had left. She thought about how she could help the defense, besides fighting. How could she help lead a group. She would gather the mages! That was it, the mages guild was dead, but she could make a new one, a better one. Dalrus would not call it the mages guild, a different more ancient name would suit it better. She thought more and more about it. They would use the Arcane University, that had more than likely fallen...or had it? Dalrus would need to get there, though it would more than likely be surrounded by enemies. With the arch mage's credibility shot, Dalrus was sure they would elect a new leader. But not just that, she would gather any retired mages in the city, Rindir was supposed to be very good and there were definitely many other mages who had come to the city to defend.

Dalrus begand writing an announcement. It read: "To all users of the Arcane arts, Mages Guild members and non Mages Guild members, now is not the time to quarral. We are in dire need of unity, especially when we are up against mages greater than any we have ever faced before. Put aside your differences and unite! If all the mages work together, a unified resistance could be strong. The mages guild should be abolished, it has fallen and cannot get back up again. Let us create a new order, something stronger, less manopolizing, more welcoming to those followers of the Arcane arts. I call all of you who are in the city, meet me at the Arboretum, we will get our magical brothers and sisters out of the university, from there I will talk to all of your in person," Dalrus looked at her handiwork. It was not great, however, it was heartfelt, and she was in a hurry.

She sprinted off towards the Market District, where she could use the printing press in The Black Horse Curiour

Eurod, Closet

Eurod had many dreams as he lay barely alive int he cellar. He was running, he was not sure where, but he was in a hurry. Something exciting was ahead of him, something he really needed to reach, otherwise he didn't think he could survive. He ran, though he seemed shorter than usual. He ran faster than he had run before. Suddenly he came over the hill to a cliff side. The trees were less plentiful and the great circlular moons of Nirn came into view. At the end of the cliff, pleading for his life was a man. Eurod suddenly charged at him and tackled him to the ground. He bent down and ripped open his stomach... His paws clawed at him...what was happening?!
jack cloudy
Flint Ironwood.

He put a hand over the edge of the well.
,,Finally, fresh air." He mumbled.
,,You can take of the blindfold now." One member of his escort hissed before they all descended back down into the depths.

Flint tore off the dirty piece of fabric and threw it to the ground. He looked around and saw that he was standing at a camp. Soldiers buzzed around all over. Flint scratched his head.
,,Guess we're still fighting. I'll just go see Flogir first before making any decisions, such as getting a new weapon. All I've got left are a dagger and some portable smithing tools. Not exactly handy in a massive melee."

Flint asked for directions from one passing soldier.
,,Sure old man. He went that way, carrying our commander. You probably shouldn't bother him now though. There was a really hot woman with him, if you know what I mean."

Flint rolled his eyes and said something random before moving off in the direction he'd been pointed to.
,,Really, soldiers these days. So uncivilized."
Dantrag
Rann

Rann stood there as nobody said a word. Karn seemed to be in some sort of deep thought, while Ian just stood there silently, his face not giving any hint as to what went on behind it.

"So...this meeting..." he said, trying to fill the air with something besides awkward silence.

Aerona

"We don't have time to get it all, but do bring some soldiers down here to get some of it. She looked to the unconscious man.

"He's already having the dreams. Have them grab everything off the shelves, but leave these crates here; we'll need them to barricade the door."

The Metal Mallet
OOC: I don't remember, isn't the VC a touch only spell? Or is that just for Clash of the Titans purposes?

Flogir

Flogir nodded before vacating the cellar. "Just scream or try to knock him out if you notice that he's beginning to change," he said before leaving.

Just as he exited the cellar, he saw that Flint was making his way over. Flogir grinned. "Flint! You lucky sod! Glad to see you! I need you to do a favour though. Bring some avaliable soldiers that aren't on duty. We need them to gather some supplies," he called out before entering the cellar once again.

"Help is coming shortly," he said as he began gathering the bottles that were placed on the racks.

Voltar

Voltar had followed Issac and Satyana to the wall. He got there just in time to see Satyana's spell.

Voltar's eyebrows arched slightly, something he rarely did.

My my, that little lady possesses quite a powerful spell. I might have to inquire about that when I have time...

Voltar began assisting the troops around him as the storm began to grow heavy. Taking advantage of the weather, Voltar used the Staff of Worldly Demise to assist him in summoning 4 Storm Atronacts to assist in the battle. Empowered by the thunderstorm, the Atronacts began to decimate any bandits or goblins nearby.
jack cloudy
Flint Ironwood.

Flint rose an eyebrow.
,,Lucky sod? I nearly got ripped apart by the Sil, literally. Oh, and Green-Root is apparently in the sewers with a whole collection of friends. He was still trying to tell me not to trust Altair and his assistant. Like damn, as if I would take the word of a heartless murderer over the word of a civilized man." He complained but then swiftly left, relayed Flogir's orders and returned with five Brumans in less than a minute.

,,Here are your guys. So, why exactly are you imprisoning that man? He looks injured." Flint started but then he got a better look.
,,Blast it all. Now we've got Lycanthrophy to deal with as well? Why aren't things ever easy nowadays?"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.