Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: That Mod Looks Interesting
Chorrol.com > Mods > Skyrim Mods
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
SubRosa
This is why I created a batch file to simply add firewood to my character's inventory.

player.additem 6f993 2

Just put it in a text file in your Skyrim\Data folder, and run it by typing: bat filename

Immersive? No. Pain the Rear? Also no. biggrin.gif

BTW. That will be $30 for anyone using it...
haute ecole rider
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 24 2015, 10:33 AM) *

This is why I created a batch file to simply add firewood to my character's inventory.

player.additem 6f993 2

Just put it in a text file in your Skyrim\Data folder, and run it by typing: bat filename

Immersive? No. Pain the Rear? Also no. biggrin.gif

BTW. That will be $30 for anyone using it...

$30 for firewood? Sure, here ya go . . .

Now you've got to buy it back from me for $30 a piece!
Grits
Here’s a card game for your character to play: Minigame Mod - The Battle of Heroes. Chases the Fish is testing this out for me along with Immersive Speechcraft. Orgnar caught him cheating and threatened to bash his face in. laugh.gif
Acadian
Grits, I noticed that game mod yesterday. Let us know how Chases the Skirts likes it!
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 28 2015, 08:08 AM) *

Here’s a card game for your character to play: Minigame Mod - The Battle of Heroes. Chases the Fish is testing this out for me along with Immersive Speechcraft. Orgnar caught him cheating and threatened to bash his face in. laugh.gif

Oh, that is just like the Caravan games in Fallout: New Vegas! You are given one deck if you start a certain quest; after that the vendors would sell you cards and play with you. The cards the vendors sell may have more powerful cards to play (like buying Yu Gi Oh cards, you have a better chance of getting a more powerful card via individual sales purchases than through the packs; which have like a .0000001 chance to have a powerful card in them).

Acadian
When I saw a new mod called Winged Twilights over at Nexus, I could not help but think of SubRosa's Gothmage Saya and her helper, Kyroteke (sp?). wink.gif

I didn't provide a link because the images of the summoned Twilights are nekked by default, with a clothed option if desired.
SubRosa
Very neat! I guess this means at some point Saya will have to journey to Skyrim.
Acadian
Just noticed a brand new Skymod on Nexus - Dawnguard Robes . Based on the College mantled robes, it provides custom robes for Dawnguard mages. Since I'm a fan of College robes and the Dawnguard, I think it is simply a wonderful idea and looks pretty good. Gonna track it for awhile though - I'm not talented enough with mods to be a guinea pig/tester. wink.gif
Acadian
Today I noticed that Become a Bard has migrated from Steam to Nexus. I understand the mod is well-respected over on Steam. There also many folks (like me) who are interested but have avoided it since it was not on Nexus - until today. I'm going to track it on Nexus and see how the feedback on it goes.
Grits
Yay, thanks! I’m downloading the update now. IPB Image
mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ May 7 2015, 05:38 PM) *

Today I noticed that Become a Bard has migrated from Steam to Nexus. I understand the mod is well-respected over on Steam. There also many folks (like me) who are interested but have avoided it since it was not on Nexus - until today. I'm going to track it on Nexus and see how the feedback on it goes.

Downloaded! Thanks for the heads up! Like you, I won't download mods from Steam and have wanted something exactly like this - except I want the dancing enabled.

Grits
There’s a very cool new option in Become a Bard that requires UIExtensions, so I’m considering adding that. Does anyone know a reason not to?
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ May 8 2015, 04:25 PM) *

There’s a very cool new option in Become a Bard that requires UIExtensions, so I’m considering adding that. Does anyone know a reason not to?

I think it needs MCI to configure whether you want dancing or not, etc.

Grits
Yep, the mod can still be used without SkyUI or SKSE but some of the features can only be controlled if you have it for the Mod Configuration Menu. There’s a new option through UIExtentions that shows the songs by title instead of just by number, which will be a huge improvement if you use the option that causes factions to respond to their songs. Varia played Song 1 from a new book and it turned out to be “Age of Oppression.” Luckily she was in Stormcloak territory at the time or there would have been a fight.

I also finally read through how to add your own custom song books, and it doesn’t look difficult. It’s a really neat mod.

I’ll keep the NPC dancing turned on in my games. I can see how some people might not want Ulfic’s somber court dancing around to a bard’s song, but to me that’s part of being a Nord! laugh.gif
haute ecole rider
Dancing around a Jarl's court! Definitely being a Nord! No question! Especially when tumblers are overflowing with mead as well!
SubRosa
QUOTE(Grits @ May 9 2015, 08:19 AM) *

I’ll keep the NPC dancing turned on in my games. I can see how some people might not want Ulfic’s somber court dancing around to a bard’s song, but to me that’s part of being a Nord! laugh.gif

Imagines Galmar twerking... ohmy.gif blink.gif Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif
Acadian
All I can think of now is Vilja dancing on the table. tongue.gif
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 9 2015, 12:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Grits @ May 9 2015, 08:19 AM) *

Imagines Galmar twerking... ohmy.gif blink.gif Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif

BWAAHAA!

Acadian
Just noticed a new mod on Sky Nexus called Assist Spells. As soon as I saw it, I thought of Grits and Renee, for it allows you to cast alteration armor spells and destruction elemental cloak spells on allies to buff them. There's a short vid at the link that does a good job of showcasing the mod. smile.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ May 23 2015, 09:14 AM) *

Just noticed a new mod on Sky Nexus called Assist Spells. As soon as I saw it, I thought of Grits and Renee, for it allows you to cast alteration armor spells and destruction elemental cloak spells on allies to buff them. There's a short vid at the link that does a good job of showcasing the mod. smile.gif

This sounds like a great (and very needed) mod if it works well and doesn't cause conflicts! Can it be caste on your horse? Oh, most def want this one!

EDIT: Downloaded it!

Grits
QUOTE(Acadian @ May 23 2015, 09:14 AM) *

Thank you very much, Acadian! This is indeed just the kind of thing I can use with my followers. It will be much easier to keep track of companion Jerric when he’s surrounded by a Frost Cloak. Yay! happy.gif
ghastley
Not a new mod, but one I only just had a reason to download. My latest character is Hot-Lips, an Argonian with red facial markings that led to her name. I was considering an Argonian version of my Orc Hearthfires for her, so I looked around on the Nexus for ideas, and found Darkwater Den.

It has just about everything I was planning, and a few more features besides. Underwater entrance as well as above-ground one, all the crafting stations (including staff enchanter from DB), and reasonable storage. The pluses, and I'm not sure I'd have included those, are displays for Dragon masks, Paragons, and Claws, and a disenchanter.

Of course, it's ready-made, and not a build-your-own, but it's given me ideas for decor (like the green roots everywhere) and general architecture. And Hot-Lips and Derkeethus like it, so it stays in their game. Since Derkeethus is part of the mini-quest to get the key to the place, its location is appropriate.

I'd considered implementing my joke about Siddgeir selling land at the bottom of Lake Illinata, and putting an entrance down there, with a regular Hearthfires starter home as the entryway on-shore. There's a Nordic ruin submerged off the North shore, with a flat patch near it for the small house. I still might build that.
Acadian
Very nice! As soon as I saw some of the interior detail, I figured it was the talented work of Elianara. Really like how the entrances are hidden. goodjob.gif
mALX

Yes, Elianora has a distinctive and recognizable style! Nice one, Ghastley!

Grits
Nice find, ghastley! The décor and architecture are the parts that appeal to me the most, and the pluses (custom displays, static clutter) are what I would leave out.

I love the underwater entrance. The roots and green Peryite-looking plants look great. I always admire Elianora’s decorating. She has quite an eye.
Grits
I must have this one. Right now. Eli's Coffee Mod. IPB Image
Acadian
Yay for the recognition that real coffee fits into TES just fine. tongue.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ May 29 2015, 10:22 PM) *

I must have this one. Right now. Eli's Coffee Mod. IPB Image

Now I'm thirsty! laugh.gif

That looks like Flintone/Garnet's coffee texture and Stroti's teapot retextured, it looks good in black!
Grits
I’m using this coffee mod now and loving it. I don’t have any other mods that add water to my game, so I also love buying the drinking water added by Elianora’s mod from innkeepers.

Of course I’ve tweaked things a little to suit Grits’s Tamriel. Coffee is kahve, and it increases your magicka regeneration by a tiny bit for a long time rather than increasing stamina. That’s why mages and especially Jerric are so addicted to it. biggrin.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 1 2015, 02:34 PM) *

I’m using this coffee mod now and loving it. I don’t have any other mods that add water to my game, so I also love buying the drinking water added by Elianora’s mod from innkeepers.

Of course I’ve tweaked things a little to suit Grits’s Tamriel. Coffee is kahve, and it increases your magicka regeneration by a tiny bit for a long time rather than increasing stamina. That’s why mages and especially Jerric are so addicted to it. biggrin.gif

Is that water added in the same (Coffee) mod or is that a separate mod? (Link Please?)

Grits
QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 1 2015, 03:51 PM) *

Is that water added in the same (Coffee) mod or is that a separate mod? (Link Please?)

It's in the same mod, Eli's Coffee Mod. Water is an ingredient along with Coffee Beans to make a Mug of Coffee at a coffee pot. You can drink the Mug of Coffee for an effect, plus you can eat the portion of coffee beans like an alchemy ingredient and drink the water like any other drink. Drinking a bottle of water restores 15 Stamina, I believe. IPB Image

Oh, I should also mention and recommend Jaxonz Positioner again, which is a mod that lets you duplicate and pick up statics then place them where you want later. Valdi scooped up a coffee pot at the Bee and Barb, so now she can put them down wherever she wants to brew some coffee. She will place another one at the hearth in her cottage, another at Breezehome, one at Lakeview Manor, etc. The coffee mod places them in the taverns
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 1 2015, 04:09 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 1 2015, 03:51 PM) *

It's in the same mod, Eli's Coffee Mod. Water is an ingredient along with Coffee Beans to make a Mug of Coffee at a coffee pot. You can drink the Mug of Coffee for an effect, plus you can eat the portion of coffee beans like an alchemy ingredient and drink the water like any other drink. Drinking a bottle of water restores 15 Stamina, I believe. IPB Image

Oh, I should also mention and recommend Jaxonz Positioner again, which is a mod that lets you duplicate and pick up statics then place them where you want later. Valdi scooped up a coffee pot at the Bee and Barb, so now she can put them down wherever she wants to brew some coffee. She will place another one at the hearth in her cottage, another at Breezehome, one at Lakeview Manor, etc. The coffee mod places them in the taverns

I'll bet that positioner mod messes up the NPC's on the navmesh! laugh.gif

mALX

I love that the coffee mod adds water and coffee separately, and that you have to actually make it! That is something I missed when you first posted that coffee mod. I am def downloading that one, though I've already got that pot and coffee textures in my game - just to see how Elianora got the coffee to brew, lol.

Grits
Jerric is staying at his Winterhold College dorm room at the moment, which of course I have tweaked a bit to provide a desk and some shelves. Much to his delight he discovered a coffee pot had been placed in his room (by the coffee mod, I did not put it there). Much to my delight it did not clip with my shelves. Another yay for Eli’s Coffee mod! smile.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 4 2015, 10:42 AM) *

Jerric is staying at his Winterhold College dorm room at the moment, which of course I have tweaked a bit to provide a desk and some shelves. Much to his delight he discovered a coffee pot had been placed in his room (by the coffee mod, I did not put it there). Much to my delight it did not clip with my shelves. Another yay for Eli’s Coffee mod! smile.gif

How cool! Wonder whether that blue flame is vanilla?

Grits
QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 4 2015, 10:48 AM) *

Probably. I used the same effect under the cookpot I placed in the Hall of Attainment in my Winterhold dorm room mod (which is what Jerric used to cook haute's soup smile.gif ). It's neat to see a magical flame instead of a mundane one in use at the college.
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 4 2015, 11:13 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 4 2015, 10:48 AM) *

Probably. I used the same effect under the cookpot I placed in the Hall of Attainment in my Winterhold dorm room mod (which is what Jerric used to cook haute's soup smile.gif ). It's neat to see a magical flame instead of a mundane one in use at the college.

So it doesn't come with one of the DLC? Next time you have that mod up in the CK, can you notate what the name of it is and post it? I haven't been able to find it, and did look several times for something like that. I gave up thinking it must be a DLC item.

Grits
QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 6 2015, 01:03 PM) *

So it doesn't come with one of the DLC? Next time you have that mod up in the CK, can you notate what the name of it is and post it? I haven't been able to find it, and did look several times for something like that. I gave up thinking it must be a DLC item.

No problem. That blue fire is the same in both mods. It’s the Movable Static C06FXfireBlueWithEmbersHeavy.
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 6 2015, 04:10 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 6 2015, 01:03 PM) *

No problem. That blue fire is the same in both mods. It’s the Movable Static C06FXfireBlueWithEmbersHeavy.

Thank you so much, I'll def look for it again and where you said! Thank you!

haute ecole rider
Has anyone tried out RaceMenu?

I'm thinking of adding this to Alise's game because while I have a good combination of the vanilla presets for her her face is still missing that . . . something. ECE just doesn't seem to cut it for me, but the characters I've seen with RaceMenu are more my speed. So I'm thinking of using it, but would it be okay to add it to my current game (over 100 hours in, only texture mods added, vanilla body and faces) and visit the face sculptor in Riften? They're headed there since Argis is nagging Alise about seeing the priest there. Or would it be better to start a new game with it?
Grits
I’m using RaceMenu version 2.9.6 with no issues, but the current version is quite different. I’m interested to hear if anyone is using 3.0 or above since I have not updated yet.
ghastley
I use RaceMenu, too. You'll find that not all of the sliders work unless you have other mods that provide the morphs and skeletal features that they're tweaking. RM doesn't grey them out if they don't work, you just don't see any difference when you move them. That can potentially cause issues if a setting is saved that gets supported later.

Mine is also pre-3.0, as that's when the categories were changed from icons to text. So I haven't tried the new sculpting capabilities yet.
haute ecole rider
Thank you very much for your endorsements of RaceMenu, Grits and ghastley! I will download it and give it a whirl.

But right now Alise and I are shopping for a suitable wedding dress. We tried the vanilla one in a previous playthrough, but she thought it made her butt look big. And she wants to look especially nice for Argis. wub.gif
Grits
Yay, congrats to the happy couple! I'm afraid my brides don't have any wedding dress recommendations. Valdi wore the red one and Jensa wore a blue every-day dress. Happy shopping!

If you want them to wear their rings on the left hand I can point you in the direction I took. I never liked having the wedding rings on the right hand.
haute ecole rider
Please I would like to know how to get my character to wear rings on the left hand!
SubRosa
Hrafngoelir is my only character to marry, and she wore the Wedding Dress. At least that is what the actual garment is called. I don't think you can actually buy it anywhere, I used the console to get it.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 15 2015, 08:10 PM) *

Hrafngoelir is my only character to marry, and she wore the Wedding Dress. At least that is what the actual garment is called. I don't think you can actually buy it anywhere, I used the console to get it.

That wedding dress is stunning! I love it !!! Wait ... is she marrying ... Jerric? ohmy.gif

GAAAAAAH!

*mALX hurries off to write a warning letter to Jerric's wife...*

SubRosa
That is not Jerric! It is the first person Hrafn met when she returned to Skyrim: Ralof.
haute ecole rider
Hrafn married Ralof? I thought for sure she would marry Jordis! laugh.gif Alise almost did!

Anyway, that is the same Wedding Dress Alise wore the first time around. Neither of us liked the way she looked in it. So we went hunting, and found a different dress for her this time around. The best part of it, she crafted it herself!

So it's official - Alise and Argis are MARRIED!
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 15 2015, 09:21 PM) *

That is not Jerric! It is the first person Hrafn met when she returned to Skyrim: Ralof.

laugh.gif

(Ralof doesn't look like that in my game, lol! rollinglaugh.gif )

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.