Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mods for Fallout 3 and New Vegas
Chorrol.com > Mods > Fallout Series Mods
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Renee
I love moments like this. I remember I was looking for a peaceful animal mod awhile back, and found one I really liked. Turns out it was made by dreamed1, a guy over at Beth's forums.
SubRosa
QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 27 2016, 09:52 AM) *

I've been checking Nexus today for possible homes in Novac bungalows and found a bunch of them except that most of them were overpowered and unrealistic and didn't look like bungalows at all from inside. Then I came upon a relatively fresh Novac Bungalow mod and TBH, I wasn't expecting much before checking the pics but after doing so I immediately liked it a lot, especially the campfire on top of the oven was a nice touch and it was the only bungalow that actually looks like a bungalow in Novac would from inside. Then I checked the author and everything became clear to me...it's a mod from our SubRosa!

As I was reading the first sentence, I was yelling at my screen "Try my mod!" laugh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 29 2016, 10:52 AM) *

My modded version of Fellout for FO3 is here on Dropbox. I took the regular Fellout with Brighter Nights, and made the interiors a little brighter so I can see better, and cleaned up the imagespaces and weather even more, to give the game more color, and make it easier to see things.

Wish you could make one of these for your Skyrim game, give it some great color too! Thank you so much for sharing this!

mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 23 2016, 08:57 PM) *

There is a no Pipboy mod. It is called Pipboy Readius. It removes the pipboy and gives you a little hand-held tablet in its place. I loved the idea of it, and tried it out. But you hold the tablet at a slight angle, and reading all the text crooked just drove me crazy after a while.

But as far as a pipboy goes, I am sure there would be plenty of them laying around the Wasteland. I don't know why we don't see more characters with them. You could RP any number of reasons for a character starting with one. From it was passed down through the family, or they stole it, or scavenged it, or took it off someones body, or even bought it from a mechant, etc...

There are some alternate start mods as well. I tried one once, but found I liked the vanilla start better. Most of my characters don't follow the main quest, or the official game story. For them I just pretend the tutorial in Vault 101 was just a strange dream. I still like doing it for the same reason I always do the tutorial in Oblivion. It gives me a chance to get to know my new characters before getting them out in the 'real' world.

I made a little mod that adds a variety of different weapons to where you start in the Vault, that way I can arm up in whatever way fits a new character's style. For example Hecate started with a rifle, because she is a riflewoman/sniper. I think Molly Hatchet started with a baseball bat but it might have been a fire axe, because she is a melee fighter. Holland Smith started with the 10mm submachine gun, because she is a full auto weapon user.

Once me characters get out in the world I just ignore the main quest and its prompts, and go about my business. My backstory for Holland Smith was that she was a US Marine who fought in the Great War. She was taken by the aliens of Mothership Zeta before it went nuclear. So I did the tutorial with her in Vault 101. Then after she got out I used the coc command to teleport to the Recon Craft crash site. From there she was automatically sucked up to Mothership Zeta, and I started the dlc with her as normal.

It was the same with Oda Hidetaka, who was a 16th century samurai woman. I did the tutoral in the vault with her too, went to the Mothership, and considered her real game to start once I got there.

It may seem kind of clunky doing it that way, but I really do like that time in the tutorial, and getting a feel for what each character is like.

In FO4 the Player doesn't start with one, do they? I think they find it inside that lab in the vault after they escape the cryo-pod; but I haven't played it yet (so not sure).

Oh, I see - You are talking about FO3; and because you start your game outside the vault. Well, it could be that the government prior to the bombs dropping used the Pip-boy as a device to keep track of everyone (aka 666 type thing); or the aliens could have stuck it on her in MZ since she starts there.

And by the way, GAAAAAH! How on earth do you do through MZ at level 1 ????? I barely got through it with a high level character, and the end battle took me years to finish!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 31 2016, 12:05 PM) *

I also use FOMM as well, plus The Fallout Script Extender (FOSE), which a lot of mods require.

Same here on both of these. And breaking into Skyrim's files used to require FOMM's BAS opener, not sure if that was ever fixed.

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 27 2016, 09:52 AM) *

I've been checking Nexus today for possible homes in Novac bungalows and found a bunch of them except that most of them were overpowered and unrealistic and didn't look like bungalows at all from inside. Then I came upon a relatively fresh Novac Bungalow mod and TBH, I wasn't expecting much before checking the pics but after doing so I immediately liked it a lot, especially the campfire on top of the oven was a nice touch and it was the only bungalow that actually looks like a bungalow in Novac would from inside. Then I checked the author and everything became clear to me...it's a mod from our SubRosa!

I remember this mod!

Winter Wolf
Just a shout out to all those who have yet to play Fallout 4.

Unlike the brilliant FO3 which has a complete underground subway network, the disappointing FO4 has small stations that are not linked in any meaningful way. You simply explore each one and then loop back out through the same entrance. Very boring.

I was very pleased to see that the problem has now been fixed with 'Subway Runner,' a mod that links 90% of the underground system. The subways are a very dangerous place so just make sure that you pack high-powered weaponry and heaps of rad-away. smile.gif

Subway Runner?
mALX
QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Oct 28 2016, 05:46 AM) *

Just a shout out to all those who have yet to play Fallout 4.

Unlike the brilliant FO3 which has a complete underground subway network, the disappointing FO4 has small stations that are not linked in any meaningful way. You simply explore each one and then loop back out through the same entrance. Very boring.

I was very pleased to see that the problem has now been fixed with 'Subway Runner,' a mod that links 90% of the underground system. The subways are a very dangerous place so just make sure that you pack high-powered weaponry and heaps of rad-away. smile.gif

Subway Runner?

WINTER WOLF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winter Wolf
Thanks mALX!!! smile.gif smile.gif

I am still around, always just lurking in the background and popping back into view every once in awhile. Lol.

Have been playing heaps of Far Cry Primal and a little bit of Witcher 3. Almost ready to plunge back into some crazy Beth action.

Hope everyone is health and happy. smile.gif

mALX
QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Oct 28 2016, 10:11 PM) *

Thanks mALX!!! smile.gif smile.gif

I am still around, always just lurking in the background and popping back into view every once in awhile. Lol.

Have been playing heaps of Far Cry Primal and a little bit of Witcher 3. Almost ready to plunge back into some crazy Beth action.

Hope everyone is health and happy. smile.gif

My son got that Witcher 3, he loved it! Oh, it is so good to see your Wolfy Avatar active!

Lopov
Well now I finally know why one of dead Crimson Caravan guards didn't have any armor on. Explanation can be read in the Side Note section.
Renee
I have Far Cry 3, it came with the PS3 I bought. Still haven't touched it though! I want a female protagonist in these sort of games, maybe I've been spoiled by Lara for all those years.

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Oct 28 2016, 05:46 AM) *

My gosh, this sounds worse than Skyrim. At least Skyrim has two entrances to most lairs, instead of just one.
Lopov
I created a small mod today which removes quest markers. What I did was to create a quest that can't be completed, and it doesn't have any markers, so having this quest active essentially removes (annoying) quest markers. The mod kicks in as soon as you complete the tutorial Ain't that a kick in the head quest.
SubRosa
There is one like that for Fallout 3 that I use. It starts a quest called Survive the Wasteland! that also has no quest markers.
Lopov
Sammy the Ghoul companion (check the video) laugh.gif biggrin.gif
SubRosa
I have seen the mod before but never watched the vid. That was hilarious! laugh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 4 2016, 12:04 PM) *

Sammy the Ghoul companion (check the video) laugh.gif biggrin.gif

OMG, that vid had me choking to death laughing!!! Thanks for posting that, Lopov!

Lopov
SubRosa, I uploaded a screenshot taken inside your bungalow. Not sure if you have to approve of the shot, but it doesn't show up between user-added screenshots.
SubRosa
I did have to approve it. It did not give me any notification, so I am glad you mentioned it. It was not easy figuring out how to verify it.
Lopov
I thought this must be the case because I often upload pics to various mods but very rarely do they actually appear online.

I left your mod intact but I modded in the key, named Florens' Bungalow Key. Now whenever I force lock the door with the console, I don't need to unlock it with the console too. My characters always have to sleep with doors of their rooms / bungalows firmly locked.
Lopov
When not in a mood to game, I like to edit faces of NPCs, sometimes to make them better-looking or sometimes to make their faces reflect their personality. I've altered appearance of several vanilla NPCs and in some cases when developers used the same face for more than one people (e.g. almost all masked Legion Decani have the same face), I created new faces.

Let's take Legate Lanius, for instance. He's the main antagonist in the game and he wears his mask at all times because his face is supposed to be disfigured. It's not true, though, his vanilla face is completely normal. I completely changed Lanius and while I don't claim that my Lanius is "better" than the vanilla one, he now at least has a reason to wear a mask at all times.

My Lanius 1

My Lanius 2

Notice the shortened (beaten) nose and asymmetrical face features.

I also altered one of the vanilla companions - Craig Boone. He looks tough already in the base game but only with his sunglasses and beret equipped. Otherwise, I can't help it, he looks plain dumb to me. My Boone looks completely different. And another screenshot.

I edited various other NPCs but another one I want to show, is Siri (vanilla). Siri will play an important role in Alan Webb's story and while I don't find anything to be wrong with her vanilla face, I wanted her to be more 'impressive'. I wanted for Webb to notice her and possibly get interested in her. I think it did the trick.
mALX
QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 19 2016, 04:00 PM) *

When not in a mood to game, I like to edit faces of NPCs, sometimes to make them better-looking or sometimes to make their faces reflect their personality. I've altered appearance of several vanilla NPCs and in some cases when developers used the same face for more than one people (e.g. almost all masked Legion Decani have the same face), I created new faces.

Let's take Legate Lanius, for instance. He's the main antagonist in the game and he wears his mask at all times because his face is supposed to be disfigured. It's not true, though, his vanilla face is completely normal. I completely changed Lanius and while I don't claim that my Lanius is "better" than the vanilla one, he now at least has a reason to wear a mask at all times.

My Lanius 1

My Lanius 2

Notice the shortened (beaten) nose and asymmetrical face features.

I also altered one of the vanilla companions - Craig Boone. He looks tough already in the base game but only with his sunglasses and beret equipped. Otherwise, I can't help it, he looks plain dumb to me. My Boone looks completely different. And another screenshot.

I edited various other NPCs but another one I want to show, is Siri (vanilla). Siri will play an important role in Alan Webb's story and while I don't find anything to be wrong with her vanilla face, I wanted her to be more 'impressive'. I wanted for Webb to notice her and possibly get interested in her. I think it did the trick.

These changes are amazing! I have always wondered what that Lanius would look like under his mask, but never pictured that dorky normality at all! That was a real blow to see! Your version looks much better in all of these! Awesome job!

SubRosa
Neat faces. Lanius looks like an inbred mutant. Your Boone looks a lot better. But I note that he has Deeno's eyebrows! That worries me.

Siri? You edited the Apple digital assistant? laugh.gif
Renee
That's awesome you mess around with faces, Mr. Lopov. I really like the new Lanius, he looks like some tough guy out of a comic book.

Acadian
With the recent (and wise) addition of a FO4 mods thread, I have retitled this one to reflect it as a home for FO3/NV mods. smile.gif
Lopov
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 23 2016, 12:23 AM) *
But I note that he has Deeno's eyebrows! That worries me.
That's the result of lowering a nose sellion and inner brow angle. I do this when I want to create a sort of angry/tough-like look.

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 23 2016, 11:40 PM) *
That's awesome you mess around with faces, Mr. Lopov. I really like the new Lanius, he looks like some tough guy out of a comic book.
He's supposed to be a savage and I want him to look like a savage, not like some poker player. tongue.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 25 2016, 04:43 PM) *
With the recent (and wise) addition of a FO4 mods thread, I have retitled this one to reflect it as a home for FO3/NV mods. smile.gif
Thank you.
Renee
Hi. Does anyone know of anything which allows us to add our own music to the game?
SubRosa
Do you mean add new radio stations or replace the songs on the existing radio stations? There are tons of new radio stations on the Nexus. I explain how to do it yourself in this thread.

Or do you mean replacing the actual background music?
Renee
I am talking about music from our radio. I see you've posted some info in that thread you linked to, so I'll try that. Thanks.

Renee
I've been looking for clothing mods for Janet. Yeah, I've found some great ones so far!

Does anybody know how to get rid of the 'invisible' clothes glitch? Especially with mod-added clothes, sometimes they 'flicker' on and off, meaning that I can see the clothes, then they're not there anymore for a second or two. So annoying. Anybody know?

SubRosa
I have never seen it in my games before. But might be a lack of Archive Invalidation. Make sure you are using Archive Invalidation Invalidated.
Renee
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 11 2017, 05:09 PM) *

I have never seen it in my games before. But might be a lack of Archive Invalidation. Make sure you are using Archive Invalidation Invalidated.

SWEET it works!!! It works it works! cake.gif

Renee
QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 2 2017, 07:12 PM) *

I am talking about music from our radio. I see you've posted some info in that thread you linked to, so I'll try that. Thanks.

I never did get this to work. I even found an extractor program. I could see the songs in Bethesda's Fallout 3 > Data > Sound > Radio folder, but even after renaming them, could not get this to work through GNR.

But I did find this mod: On The Road Music?. I was able to replace some of the songs in its Radio folder, so problem solved. biggrin.gif

Lopov
I finished the War Trash mod yesterday. It's a quest mod where you are sent undercover by the NCR to infiltrate a terrorist cell called War Trash and discover their plans. The mod is suitable for Lee Cyeng except that in his case he was forced to work undercover as a favor to the senators who saved him from the death row. While undercover, you have to do some pretty nasty, actually outright evi things, and while you can turn on War Trash bosses at any time, you never find out their plans if you do, because the quest fails automatically. Still, nobody is forcing you to be evil but of course Lee Cyeng played the game to the end, though even he felt uneasy doing some vile things.

During the mod several important vanilla NPCs die which means a lot of potentially failed quests. This isn't a big issue in Lee's game because he doesn't do many vanilla quests but otherwise this mod can ruin several of them. Nothing game-breaing happens but still, the Mojave is quite different at the end of the mod. You can avoid killing some vanilla NPCs if you have certain high skills but it's very difficult and Lee managed to save only a few.

The mod is very good, one of the best I've played from the Nexus and I still keep thinking of it which means that it really impressed me. Especially close to the ending there are some totally unexpected twists and I don't recall when I was like "Whoa! I never expected that" for the last time.

The mod has some glitches like the dialogue system more or less forces you to choose options, sometimes the dialogue doesn't play out as it should and in conversations some actions are imposed on you even if you never did them but I just imagined that Lee answered in a different way.

Also, at the end of the mod your reputation takes a big hit, it's hard not to end with the Evil rep unless you were a saint before and a lot of factions hate you. Once again, that's suitable for Lee's game because his superiors in the NCR don't care about how people see him, they only care about the mission being completed but I imagine this may bother some players who are in good relations with several factions prior to starting the mod. But once again, if careful, you can partially avoid such things for instance close the end, one of the NCR bases in the Mojave is attacked by War Trash and Lee managed to stay behind, sneaking, so he didn't directly kill almost any NPC soldier. As a a result, he didn't suffer any major consequences from the NCR.
Lopov
When I was playing with Lee Cyeng for only three hours, I already had two CTDs in and around Goodsprings, so I downloaded New Vegas Anti Crash- NVAC. Today I surpassed fifty hours and since I installed NVAC, I've never had another CTD. Not a single one.

The most problematic area in my game is the 188 trading post, if approaching it, especially from the south side, the game would very often crash. Now with NVAC active, the game stutters for a second or two but it doesn't crash.

Renee
Holy [censored] Lopov, you're at 50 hours. That deserves some cake. cake.gif

I've got several new mods in Cbo's game which I'm loving but the most significant utility-type program is Fallout Stutter Remover?. It comes with an .ini file which allows us to cap our framerates. hehe.gif In my case, I wasn't having problems with low frames, matter of fact my computer runs those frames too fast. In outdoor areas it was averaging somewhere in the 90s.

"In the 90s" sounds great, but the problem was those frames were constantly bouncing around, causing things to be not as smooth. 90 for a few seconds, 92, 88, 87, 95 .. etc. Oddly, going into Options (where we're supposed to be able to make our game match our screen's refresh rate, whatever it's called) did not work for me.

*cheerful Tenpenny Resident voice*:
But with Fallout Stutter Remover, I now can cap my game at 60 fps, no problem! Bon appetit!
SubRosa
QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 28 2017, 08:06 PM) *

Holy [censored] Lopov, you're at 50 hours. That deserves some cake. cake.gif

I've got several new mods in Cbo's game which I'm loving but the most significant utility-type program is Fallout Stutter Remover?. It comes with an .ini file which allows us to cap our framerates. hehe.gif In my case, I wasn't having problems with low frames, matter of fact my computer runs those frames too fast. In outdoor areas it was averaging somewhere in the 90s.

"In the 90s" sounds great, but the problem was those frames were constantly bouncing around, causing things to be not as smooth. 90 for a few seconds, 92, 88, 87, 95 .. etc. Oddly, going into Options (where we're supposed to be able to make our game match our screen's refresh rate, whatever it's called) did not work for me.

*cheerful Tenpenny Resident voice*:
But with Fallout Stutter Remover, I now can cap my game at 60 fps, no problem! Bon appetit!

I use FSR as well, and its Oblivion cousin OSR. The problem with Bethesda games is they are made to run at 60 fps, and no higher. The physics are tied to the frame rate. Going faster than 60 fps actually causes problems in their games. Ojects fly around, quests breaking, and CTDs.

It is also why Gsync monitors won't work with Bethesda games. G-sync monitors usually run at 120hz or 144 hz (frames per second), but that completely wrecks Bethesda games. If you can even get it to work on a Beth game at all.
Renee
Oh okay, I see. Yes I use OSR as well. Oddly though, the Vsynch thingie works in Oblivion, even before I used OSR my game would cap at 60 fps. I only use OSR occasionally in towns to cap the game at 30.

Skyrim is the same. Skyrim runs 60 almost all the time, even in towns, so I've never needed any program there (fingers crossed).

Dangit off-topic. I would link y'all to another of my fave mods but it appears that THE Nexus is down. sad.gif
Turija
QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 29 2017, 02:23 PM) *

Oh okay, I see. Yes I use OSR as well. Oddly though, the Vsynch thingie works in Oblivion, even before I used OSR my game would cap at 60 fps. I only use OSR occasionally in towns to cap the game at 30.

Skyrim is the same. Skyrim runs 60 almost all the time, even in towns, so I've never needed any program there (fingers crossed).

Dangit off-topic. I would link y'all to another of my fave mods but it appears that THE Nexus is down. sad.gif

Hey Renee! *waves*. I just started modding FO3 a couple weeks ago after years of on and off play on the Xbox. After struggling with stability issues for a couple weeks I remembered that I had to run Oblivion at 30 FPS to get a stable game. So I dropped the FPS in FSR from 59 to 30 and voila my FO3 game now seems pretty stable. I run classic Skyrim at 59 FPS without issue and almost never crash but for some reason I can’t get a stable Oblivion or Fallout 3 game at any other FPS but at 30 FPS I can play for hours without a crash or freeze.

I’m running GNR Enhanced and Enclave Enhanced and sometimes I just let the game run when I am doing other things around the house so I can listen to the music.

I’m also running FWE, Iron Sights, DC Interiors and Metro Cab Interiors and enjoying the modded game much more than vanilla.
Lopov
Welcome to the wasteland, Turija!

I also enjoy modded Fallout(s) more than vanilla though my New Vegas is much more modded than FO3, in FO3 I'm satisfied with much less mods. I also use most of those you mentioned except FWE and Iron Sights.
Renee
Yes, Lopov, your New Vegas does have a lot of mods (for you). But it's because you keep finding stuff which match Lee's gameworld, how can you resist? biggrin.gif

Turija: GOod to see you! Hey, let me know how Fallout Wasteland Edition (FWE) does for you. I was curious about that mod last summer but it seemed too much of an overhaul. I had a feeling it'd conflict with some of the stuff I had in my game, so I never tried FWE. Been curious though. How is your experience with FWE?

Turija
Well, you know me, I’ve always enjoyed old school stat driven roleplaying overhauls like Maskars Oblivion Overhaul and Requiem. FWE seems like the FO3 version. So far I’m really enjoying it. Most of the gameplay features can be toggled or adjusted, which I like. It also adds some neat new perks, new chems, new weapons and some new enemy variants, all of which are very seemless and seem like they could have been part of the original game. FWE also integrates Skyrim style sprinting and a slow time feature called “bullet time” that works like the Skyrim slow time archery perk. Like any big overhaul it does present compatibility issues with some mods. But xEdit works the same in FO3 as Skyrim and Oblivion so I’ve been able to easily resolve any conflicts that were not already covered by existing patches. FWE doesn’t really alter the landscape so there is no need for landscape patches and you don’t really have to worry about it conflicting with navmesh edits from other mods.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Turija @ Nov 8 2017, 10:17 PM) *

Well, you know me, I’ve always enjoyed old school stat driven roleplaying overhauls like Maskars Oblivion Overhaul and Requiem. FWE seems like the FO3 version. So far I’m really enjoying it. Most of the gameplay features can be toggled or adjusted, which I like. It also adds some neat new perks, new chems, new weapons and some new enemy variants, all of which are very seemless and seem like they could have been part of the original game. FWE also integrates Skyrim style sprinting and a slow time feature called “bullet time” that works like the Skyrim slow time archery perk. Like any big overhaul it does present compatibility issues with some mods. But xEdit works the same in FO3 as Skyrim and Oblivion so I’ve been able to easily resolve any conflicts that were not already covered by existing patches. FWE doesn’t really alter the landscape so there is no need for landscape patches and you don’t really have to worry about it conflicting with navmesh edits from other mods.

This FWE does sound like an interesting mod. If Khajiit ever gets back into Fallout3/NV he may give it a try.
Turija
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 9 2017, 05:25 AM) *

QUOTE(Turija @ Nov 8 2017, 10:17 PM) *

This FWE does sound like an interesting mod. If Khajiit ever gets back into Fallout3/NV he may give it a try.

This Khajiit is sure enjoying it. FWE comes with an alternate start option, so I’m roleplaying a scavenger who snuck out of Vault 101 at age ten, right after he got his first B.B. gun and has been scavenging the wastes ever since. FWE’s additional crafting options helps here. There is a perk that lets you reload ammo, so you can convert extra minigun ammo (plus scrap metal and tin cans) to feed your sniper rifle or .44 magnum, for example. You can also craft “repair parts” from scrap metal with high enough repair skill to repair your sniper rifle and other rare gear yourself. There’s also a perk called Rad Child that’s similar to the vanilla perk Rad Regeneration that you can take at about Level 6, but unlike Rad Regeneration, Rad Child lets you regenerate limbs and health (stacks with Rad Regeneration), but consumes the radiation to do so. So, this gives you an alternative way to reduce your radiation and heal at the same time, turning radiation into a resource you can manage. This combination of perks really makes it feel like a character who grew up in the wastes and is at home there, who is completely self sufficient in the wastes and does not need civilization to survive.

FWE also has a primary needs option (sleep/hunger/thirst), which I really like but can be toggled off for those who don’t want that type of thing.
Lopov
Looks like a lot of things from FWE were later used in vanilla New Vegas, there's even a perk called Rad Child IIRC. Though probably it was the other way around, and FWE uses some ideas from New Vegas. wink.gif
Renee
Oh yeah, that's right. We have two Khajiit here now. rollinglaugh.gif

Cool, thanks for explaining. I won't add FWE into Cho or Janet's games, since the are long-standing and I don't wanna mess anything up, but if I roll a new character this coming spring maybe I'll try it.

One mod I tried last summer which added loads of content was MMM, but I was not satisfied with this mod for Fallout 3, because it only adds aggressive creatures, and it adds a LOT of them. mad.gif The Oblivion version of MMM for instance adds farm animals and a lot of non-threatening creatures, so that Cyrodiil's fauna feels more balanced. For some reason, Fallout's version does not follow this trend.

I may actually go into the Fallout version at some point with FO3Edit, and make some changes. Bring down the Aggression of several creatures, because a world in which everything attacks us just doesn't seem real. "It's a videogame though" isn't really an excuse. smile.gif there has to be some balance.
Turija
QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 9 2017, 01:23 PM) *

Looks like a lot of things from FWE were later used in vanilla New Vegas, there's even a perk called Rad Child IIRC. Though probably it was the other way around, and FWE uses some ideas from New Vegas. wink.gif

You are probably right that FWE took the idea from NV. I haven’t played much of NV yet but I just read the description of the NV perk and I think I like the way they implemented it in FWE better. Unlike NV, you have to be at least at advanced rad poisoning before you get any healing from the perk, so there is a bit more of a debuff involved in FWE, and the amount of healing per second is a lot less with FWE. Healing also consumes radiation (1 point of radiation for one point of health) with the perk in FWE, which makes sense since your body is using the energy from the radiation to heal. This also helps keep your radiation level from getting too high but at the same time it limits your ability to heal since the healing stops once your radiation level drops to 400. So then you find yourself needing to go out and get exposed to some more radiation in order to heal more. I’ve only recently taken this perk but found it to be a fun mechanic so far, although it makes healing up after a battle a lot easier, so you’re not constantly needing to find a bed to heal and can save your stimpacks for tough battles.
Lopov
I don't understand one thing on the Nexus, not just for Fallout but still - for instance, I want to search for the companion mod Willow but if I click on the Companions category on the Nexus, it doesn't appear at all, neither it appears if I type 'willow' in the search box. But if I type into Google 'new vegas willow', I immediately see the mod and clicking on it brings me to the mod site on the Nexus. Where's the catch?

P.S.
There are many such mods, not just Willow.
Renee
QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 13 2017, 11:03 AM) *

P.S.

Now that you mention it, yes, this is true for me too. Sometimes I can find that I'm looking for. Other times I can't find it unless i use Bing or Google.
SubRosa
QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 13 2017, 11:03 AM) *

I don't understand one thing on the Nexus, not just for Fallout but still - for instance, I want to search for the companion mod Willow but if I click on the Companions category on the Nexus, it doesn't appear at all, neither it appears if I type 'willow' in the search box. But if I type into Google 'new vegas willow', I immediately see the mod and clicking on it brings me to the mod site on the Nexus. Where's the catch?

P.S.

I often have the same problem. Sometimes it is because of spelling. For example if you search for "Dwarven Bow", you wont find "Dwarven Black Bow", because it is looking for the words in a specific order.

But other times I do the same kind of search you did with one word, and it shows up in Google, but not from the Nexus' own search engine. It must be an issue with their search function.
Kane
As someone who is playing Fallout 3 for the first time - this thread is excellent! I'll be tracking and downloading a lot of these mods, me thinks. smile.gif

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 24 2016, 08:48 AM) *
Now that I am back to playing FO3 again, I have a few more mods for it to share.

FO3 Flora Overhaul gives the Capital Wasteland a whole new look. It comes in several flavors, from total devastation to forested. I am using the forested edition, which seems more realistic for 200 years after the war.

Farms of the Wasteland adds crops to the various settlements. It seems to have a very small footprint, and just changes a few small areas around the settlements to add in the corn. It doesn't add any npcs, or do anything else. But it does convey a great sense that these places are self-sufficient.

A World Of Pain for Fallout 3 adds in a bunch of new interior spaces throughout the wasteland. So far I have only come across one of the new places in Greyditch. It was very well built, with a lot of attention to detail and clutter that made the space come alive (or come destroyed!). It was a real tough battle with the enemies though.

I did not like the lighting either, but I never do. So I made a small mod for it that gave every new interior the Shack Default lighting and image space. I put that before Fellout in my load order, and now it looks much nicer.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 31 2016, 11:05 AM) *
I also use FOMM as well, plus The Fallout Script Extender (FOSE), which a lot of mods require.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 10 2015, 09:59 PM) *
I have started using a few new mods for my latest FO3 character Loviatar.

Wattz Laser Weapons - adds two new laser pistols and two rifles, based on those from the classic Fallout games. There is a version that replaces all the vanilla laser weapons, and a standalone (I am using the latter).

EVE - Energy Visuals Enhanced - I just stared using this, so I am not absolutely sure about it. It looks like it overhauls all the energy weapon visual effects, like how bodies explode and turn to ash, etc...

Hot Energy - allows you to use energy weapons to burn though locks, instead of picking them. Your success is based off your Energy Weapons skill. Works great for an energy weapon user!

I also created my own home-made Radiation Resistance mod. I found out it is really easy to change the maximum Rad Resistance cap from 85% up to 100%. All you have to do is change the Game Setting fPlayerMaxResistance. The number you put it becomes the new cap.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 5 2015, 06:57 PM) *
I have been using Fallout 3 Realistic Wasteland Lighting for a while now. It is a subtle, but excellent mod that makes the wasteland exteriors look brilliant. I have never seen Megaton look this good. It also plays well with Fellout. I found it works best if you put it before Fellout in your load order.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 28 2015, 09:57 PM) *
I linked to a few mods in the screenshot topic, which deserve a place here as well:

Merc Adventurer Armor is basically the vanilla Merc Adventurer outfit, with some other pieces of merc clothing added on to make it look more substantial.

Loboto-mod for Point Lookout allows you to do the Point Lookout main quest without having to go to the cave to get lobotomized.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 16 2015, 02:37 PM) *
Now this is a great idea for a topic of its own. I never used to have a lot of FO3 mods. But I have added a lot lately.

Fallout Mod Manager is of course the first one, OBMM's twin for FO3 and FONV.

Fellout - Removes the green tint on everything in the game, and makes the colors normal again. I modded this heavily to make the nights brighter, and just tweak how I want things. You can get it here on Dropbox.

Pitt Gal Stats - Replaces the pipboy with a pipgirl.

Children of the Wasteland - Makes children playable.

Shojo Race - Adds an anime inspired child race.

Custom Race Endings Broken Steel OverRide - Fixes a bug with using custom races in Broken Steel (after finishing the main quest).

Hair Pack - Corean and Ren's Hair from Oblivion, ported to FO3.

Mystyks Faces - Adds some new savegames with character faces, and HD face textures.

Auto Aim Fix - Disables the auto aim, and stops bullets from rising after 30 meters.

KT's Center Camera - Centers the camera.

Arwen XPR - Extreme - Reduces the experiences points you get. I further modded it so that it gives even less xp.

CRAFT - Allows you to use multiple mods that mod the workbenches.

CRAFT Energy Ammo - Allows you to create energy ammo at workbenches. I modded it to streamline the requirements down to a fission battery. I also used it as a template to make a mod that allows you to craft firearm ammo out of scrap metal.

T3T Misc Item Icons - adds more pics in the pipboy for stuff.

Karma Revamp Mod - Makes it a lot harder to change your karma level.

Lucky Hacking - Makes hacking terminals less brain work by displaying only 5 words you have to pick from to hack a computer.

dB No Screen Blood - An option from Enhanced Blood Textures, turns off the blood on the screen.

Blanket - Gives you blankets so you can sleep anywhere.

SariD's Pose Pack - For screenshots.

Scopeless 44s - Takes those scopes off the .44 Magnums. Dirty Harry didn't need a telescopic sight for his Magnum, neither do I.

Some Katanas - For my samurai characters.

Gauss DX - A bunch of fixes and new textures to the gauss rifle.

Crosshair Toggle - Lets you hotkey the crosshair on and off, as well as set the game to automatically hide it when you sheath your weapon.

Logoless Talon Armor - A suit of black combat armor. What is not to like?

Outcast Recon Armor - A suit of red and black recon armor.

Babe Recon Armor - A suit of black recon armor. I modded it to remove the mesh it came with, as it had ridiculously skinny arms. Instead I set it to use the default recon armor mesh.

Ranger Helmet Texture Unlocker - Fixes an issue with the Reilly's Ranger Helmet using the default combat armor helmet texture.

M110 Sniper Rifle - Adds a RL M110 sniper rifle.

Millenia Arms - Colt M4A1 - Adds an M4 carbine. I modded it to make the Grunt Perk from Honest Hearts work with it. I also tweaked the stats to reduce the spread, and match the same damage as the Marksman Carbine.

Higher Quality AntAgonizer Costume - An HD texture replacer for Anty's outfit.

Dogmeat Husky - A husky retexture for Dogmeat.

MZ Samurai and combat female armor replacers - Makes the combat armor and samurai armor a bit more curvier, without being chainmail bikinis.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.