Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Skyrim
Pages: 1, 2
Colonel Mustard
IPB Image

Lookatitlookatitlookatitlookatit!! First Skyim expansion! Whoo!

*Dances around in circles*
Darkness Eternal
Damn, you beat me to it!

Speculation in the official forums have started; From vampire and werewolf quests to Daedric artifacts and realms. Dovahkiin looks dark. And I love those feral yellow eyes on him. And did you catch the arrows on his back? Or should I say crossbow bolts!
Colonel Mustard
My personal betting is probably going to be vampires, seeing as Werewolves already have the Companions questlines and the primary focus of both Oblivion and the Shivering Isles was on Daedra. On the other hand, the name 'Dawnguard' does have links to Azura, and seeing as there was some interest stirred up when Skyrim wsa first released on the fact that Morrowind was featured on the world map model, I'd be willing to bet that we may well get a return to Vvardenfel. Plus with the crossbows (Morrowind weapon, of course) I'd say that that would be plausible.
McBadgere
Oh yay... huh.gif ...

Vampires and Daedra...I can hardly contain my excitement...

kvleft.gif ...

kvright.gif ...

Oh wait...Yes I can...

tongue.gif ...

Oh, I know I'll buy it... biggrin.gif ...

King Coin
I'm going to buy it whatever it is... but what is it?
Captain Hammer
I'm noticing a distinct lack of "A crowned Dovahkiin standing before the White Gold Tower, the Red Diamond Dragon personalized and imprinted on his chest." This displeases me.

EDIT: Also wondering if I get a chance to add some custom dialogue. I may just have to record it and offer it as a custom voice file on one of the Mads sites.
Darkness Eternal
Bethesda sure trolled us, didn't they? Pete totally said we would be given new info yesterday.

http://dl107.herosh.com/7d26f8646be167d2cb...2eb/todddlc.gif
King Coin
Yeah. Another month for real details.
Lady Saga
I bet PC versions are coming out way before consoles. Which is fine. I don't mind waiting, I've still barely explored Skyrim as it is.

...But I'm also very anxious to see something new.
King Coin
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ May 1 2012, 06:28 PM) *

I bet PC versions are coming out way before consoles. Which is fine. I don't mind waiting, I've still barely explored Skyrim as it is.

...But I'm also very anxious to see something new.

Xbox 360 is going to get all Skyrim DLC first. Then it's PC and PS3.
Lady Saga
Huh, that's interesting. Thanks.
McBadgere
Well...I just found this...We have to wait till June for details?...Let alone the actual thing...

Ayyyy...
Darkness Eternal
I just hope this isn't anything dragon related. We had enough of this things flying around in the main quest. Hell, it was the main plot for Skyrim itself. And if Bethesda is indeed smart, they will continue their appeal to various people. I just don't see this relating to dragons considering there are many people who did not activate dragons in their playthroughs simply by not doing the main quest.

It would unwise, and pretty stupid, for this DLC to be Dragon-born related. People would have to go out of character just to play this thing. Bloodmoon, Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine were all seperated from the main quest. Tribunal was tied to the main story about the Nerevarine, and it was assumed that the player completed the main quest by then. Though it is not revealed until the end that the player is Nerevarine(correct me if I am wrong, but Almalexia says something about the player being the prophezied hero). Even so, the player was not restricted to complete the quests even if they didn't even touch the main quest.

For Skyrim, I can't see this happening without the player having to touch the main quest to try and activate the dragons and whatnot. So to appeal to the people, I guess Bethesda will add a sense of variety.

As for content, I am just as clueless as everyone else. But in the official forums, everyone is pointing towards vampires and the Vigilantes of Stendarr. Dawnguard= Guarding dawn? Durr? I don't know. But crossbows, immortal Snow-Princes, glowing yellow eyes, talk about guarding the dawn which is when the sun comes up and leaked vampire feeding animations that was leaked points to a DLC related on something of that nature. I'm not those Twilight ban-wagon folks which go all lovey dovey on the subject, but I hope Bethesda gives a sense of variety to the players IF the concept of vampirism is involved. Not everyone wants to play as an "evil"(Pfft) character. With the recent influx of complaints about being too many "evil" quests and not enough "good" quests, I think Bethesda might want to try and add something that will appeal to those group of people.

Like the main game, Skyrim was revolved around dragons. Yet they added other things to do which did not involve those overgrown flying beasts. The same could be said of Dawnguard. But I see branching storylines, where the player is given a choice to join either force in the conflict. Same way the players had to choose between Hircine or the Skaal. Or choose between the Stormcloaks and the Empire or choose to help out the Blades or kill Paarthurnax(spell?). One recent rumor was that Lamae Beolfag is awakened and she has her own creations go into a frenzy and fight each other, while at the same time the Vigilantes of Stendarr join in and plans to eradicate both blood-sucking groups by helping out the player with whatever plot. Hence the crossbow and the new picture of Dovahkiin with the arrows on his back. But who knows? Anything is speculation at best.
Lady Saga
Yea I agree, DE: no dragons! Please no more! I'm hoping to finallly get my hardcore mode toggle, actually. It'll never happen though. mad.gif

I'm thinking spellcrafting will be involved with the new DLC. I'd put money on that. It's definitely the #1 thing everyone is missing from Oblivion.
Darkness Eternal
Ah....crossbows...Snow Princes...and Underworld/Van Helsing wannabe vampires. There are new files in the 1.6 patch:

•Animations of crossbows now moved to folder DLC01.

•Mounted combat with crossbows.

•At least one type of crossbows will be unique with unique animation - Dwarven.

•Child Crying.

•New dialogue gestures:
Defensive Hand;
Hand on Chin;
Welcome Hand.

•Coffin Puzzle.

•Reading of the Elder Scroll.

•Animation from the trailer of Dawnguard.

•Scraping tree bark.

•Transformation in a Vampire Lord!

•Vampire Lord's kill moves.

•"Serana holds Vyrthur". Of course Serana and Vyrthur are in-game NPC's (or something like that), but I have not found any mentions of these names in TES Lore.

•Snow Elf Prince ascension burning.

•Pour water in a way shrine.

•Scooping water in a way shrine.

Here are the DLC entries:

So. We get crossbows now.

Dracula Beast+ Marcus= Elder Scrolls Vampire Lord?
Lady Saga
Nice!

I saw "crossbows" and then I stopped reading. I wanna be surprised in-game, you see. But crossbows are one of the things lots of peeps have been asking for.
Darkness Eternal
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ May 25 2012, 04:04 AM) *

I saw "crossbows" and then I stopped reading. I wanna be surprised in-game, you see. But crossbows are one of the things lots of peeps have been asking for.

Oops.
Lady Saga
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ May 24 2012, 11:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ May 25 2012, 04:04 AM) *

Oops.

laugh.gif It's okay! Don't worry about it. I happen to be one of those gamers who likes surprises.

...but I'm so tempted to read the rest of that list! I won't do it though.
Darkness Eternal
Soon the Elder Scrolls will be reduced from a innovative world into a steaming pile of dung composed of state-of the-art metaphysical theories, brain-torching scientific formulas and tiresome theoretical hypothesis which mold a fictional world into an uninteresting mess of rocket science. It amazes me how professors are now interested in tainting a franchise, taking away the simplicity of it, only to further squat and defecate on our beloved fantasy and deem it 'interesting'.

Many people already want over-the-top forumas in the ELder Scrolls, going as far as to discuss genetics and the bacteria inside of a Khajiit's whisker. I hope Danwguard won't cater to these people.
King Coin
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ May 27 2012, 11:57 AM) *

Soon the Elder Scrolls will be reduced from a innovative world into a steaming pile of dung composed of state-of the-art metaphysical theories, brain-torching scientific formulas and tiresome theoretical hypothesis which mold a fictional world into an uninteresting mess of rocket science. It amazes me how professors are now interested in tainting a franchise, taking away the simplicity of it, only to further squat and defecate on our beloved fantasy and deem it 'interesting'.

Many people already want over-the-top forumas in the ELder Scrolls, going as far as to discuss genetics and the bacteria inside of a Khajiit's whisker. I hope Danwguard won't cater to these people.

You've been on the official forums too much.
Darkness Eternal
QUOTE(King Coin @ May 27 2012, 10:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ May 27 2012, 11:57 AM) *

You've been on the official forums too much.

Have you been in the lore section? They are trying to find a scientific explanation for telepathic sound waves going through Aetherius and Mundus. Props to Michael Kirkbride for starting this stuff in the first place -_-
King Coin
mALX posted it in the coffee shop, but I felt it should be here too.

http://youtu.be/3PjBSicSVqI

That looks absolutely FUN

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ May 27 2012, 04:59 PM) *

Have you been in the lore section? They are trying to find a scientific explanation for telepathic sound waves going through Aetherius and Mundus. Props to Michael Kirkbride for starting this stuff in the first place -_-

No I don't spend any time in the lore section. I usually am in the Oblivion or Skyrim section. Lately I haven't been there at all though. I'm not playing Oblivion so there isn't anything for me to say there, and SKyrim section is too fast and full of idiots still. kvleft.gif
Darkness Eternal
http://www.youtube.com/embed/3PjBSicSVqI

Yep, I called it. Dawnguard is about vampires! Haha! Epic! TLet us wage war against the evil Dawnguard!
SubRosa
Meh. Knights of the Nine with vampires instead. I was hoping for something with new lands to explore, like Point Lookout or the Shivering Isles. At least it appears to give the option of playing at both sides. KOTN never let you join Umaril.

I do not see the point in them creating some new anti-vampire faction. They already have the Vigilants of Stendarr and the Silver Hand for hunting down things that go bump in the night. How many creature-of-darkness-hunter factions does Skyrim need?
King Coin
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 31 2012, 10:53 AM) *

Meh. Knights of the Nine with vampires instead. I was hoping for something with new lands to explore, like Point Lookout or the Shivering Isles. At least it appears to give the option of playing at both sides. KOTN never let you join Umaril.

I do not see the point in them creating some new anti-vampire faction. They already have the Vigilants of Stendarr and the Silver Hand for hunting down things that go bump in the night. How many creature-of-darkness-hunter factions does Skyrim need?

I wouldn't want to join the Silver Hand, and I get the feeling that the Vigilants are more Daedra focused.
Darkness Eternal
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 31 2012, 04:53 PM) *

Agreed. They could of expanded the Vigilantes of Stendarr a bit. I for one am glad we get a vampire-centric DLC. It is about time they get the spotlight. In previous games, they were always just considered "baddies" to fight against. Nothing special. Now, they plan to blot out Magnus. Blotting out the sun in the Elder Scrolls universe? Awesome. The use of magic would drop significantly if it happened.

We get new lands, it seems. Molab Bal is involved by the looks of the bleeding shrine in the preview, and we descend into some Oblivion realm(I think it is an Oblivion realm, since the blue haze always had to do with Daedra in Skyrim). I think we get to see a vampire afterlife in Molag Bal's Coldharbour.
McBadgere
Again...Yawn... sleep.gif ...

But the wife and kids like the look of it...I may play it simply to wipe the damned things out of the universe forever...

*Sigh*...
Darkness Eternal
QUOTE(McBadgere @ May 31 2012, 09:49 PM) *

Again...Yawn... sleep.gif ...

But the wife and kids like the look of it...I may play it simply to wipe the damned things out of the universe forever...

*Sigh*...

Aww, poor Badgere. I'm sure there will be a beautiful knight in shining armor to save kitties from evil trees wink.gif.

As for me, I shall laugh and celebrate!
King Coin
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ May 31 2012, 04:55 PM) *

Aww, poor Badgere. I'm sure there will be a beautiful knight in shining armor to save kitties from evil trees wink.gif.

As for me, I shall laugh and celebrate!

laugh.gif

I'm liking the way this looks too.
Lord Revan
I'm happy since I'm beginning a story with vampires. This will probably provide a lot of meat to put on the story. smile.gif
Darkness Eternal
QUOTE(Lord Revan @ Jun 1 2012, 06:30 PM) *

I'm happy since I'm beginning a story with vampires. This will probably provide a lot of meat to put on the story. smile.gif

Sweet. What is the story about?
Lord Revan
It starts out primarily as the Skyrim main quest told from the point of view of a vampire and an Altmer mercenary who were companions during the Oblivion Crisis. They cross paths and travel alongside the dragonborn for a time.

I've got a couple of arc concepts after the Dragonborn deals with Alduin. Still writing the introduction, though.
Darkness Eternal
New Dawnguard info! Posted by W&V himself!

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1378387-n...of-the-vampire/
King Coin
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Jun 2 2012, 07:35 PM) *

New Dawnguard info! Posted by W&V himself!

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1378387-n...of-the-vampire/

Sounds awesome! Thanks for the info! smile.gif
Darkness Eternal
Yeah! We get to visit the Soul Cairn! The afterlife for lost spirits and vampires! Haha, hell yeah! New lore info to add to my stories and RPs!
King Coin
It sounds like it'll be a very cool DLC. I hope the quests are a little more lengthy.
Darkness Eternal
QUOTE(King Coin @ Jun 3 2012, 02:13 AM) *

It sounds like it'll be a very cool DLC. I hope the quests are a little more lengthy.

They are. We get a Volkihar castle to live in. We are given blood potions to heal ourselves and that will also count as feeding!
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ May 31 2012, 05:06 PM) *
Now, they plan to blot out Magnus. Blotting out the sun in the Elder Scrolls universe? Awesome. The use of magic would drop significantly if it happened.

And let's not forget the rickets...

Also, we're getting a castle to live in? Awesome!

Edit: Waitasec, does this make the bad guy of the DLC Mr Burns? Because if so, we're going to need a baby with a gun...
Darkness Eternal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux76mg7V4_o

I feel as if I am the only one excited. But whatever! New gameplay!

And the return to the Soul Cairn!
Grits
Oh, this looks like it's going to be fun! biggrin.gif
King Coin
Ummm... I'm really excited! My character was a vampire hunter for a while, this is the perfect opportunity to start back up! biggrin.gif
McBadgere
Anyone think Todd spent much of that chat thinking "D!ck..."?...

So help me, I actually saw something exciting in that footage...Anyone else notice what appeared to be Conjoured horses?...Does look like it...Could be cool...

Although, I was pleased to hear Todd acknowledge that not everyone wants to play as evil...Just after the idiot Anchor (rhyming slang methinks) goes "Well, who'd pass that up, right?" when the VpL is in Riverwood...
Darkness Eternal
From their point of view, the vampires may be evil. But if you kill to survive, and one of the Elder Scrolls are named "The Tyranny of the Sun" which it said to bring about a day that all vampires shall be annihilated, I am sure the vampires would do anything to stop this madness and blot out the sun before they are all destroyed by a prophetic fate.

Anyways, the horse is named(I forgot). He is from the Soul Cairn, a realm of the dead seen in Battlespire. If you help out the soul of a Breton merchant who was sent there by a necromancer after he sold a crappy item, he will allow you to tame the horse and conjure him in the world of the living. It is one of the side quests within the Soul Cairn.

Don't worry, we all know your huge dislike of the unnatural and whatever, but Todd said there will be much more added in Dawnguard besides vampires and the evil hunters.
McBadgere
I don't have a problem with unnatural...Because that is a relative term...unnatural doesn't neccessarily mean evil...

Thanks for the info about the horse...
Darkness Eternal
Anytime.
Colonel Mustard
It turns out that as well as summoning up a skeleton horse, you can also turn into bats. Yes, bats.

The Dawnguard can go suck it, I'm being a vampire. With a crossbow. Who can turn into a cloud of bats. And there ain't nobody who's gonna stop me.
Lord Revan
Vampires for the preservation of the sun. The Order will not appreciate a prepetual eclipse... wonder if the dawnguard will accept vampire help.
Darkness Eternal
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Jun 8 2012, 08:42 AM) *

It turns out that as well as summoning up a skeleton horse, you can also turn into bats. Yes, bats.

The Dawnguard can go suck it, I'm being a vampire. With a crossbow. Who can turn into a cloud of bats. And there ain't nobody who's gonna stop me.
Yeah, we know. The horse is called Arkved or something.

I am just mad that now villagers won't attack us in stage 4 vampirism. It makes no sense that you are known as a vampire and no one will attack you. We already have three different feeding methods that can revert us to stage 1. I don't know why Bethesda too that out.

QUOTE(Lord Revan @ Jun 8 2012, 05:47 PM) *

Vampires for the preservation of the sun. The Order will not appreciate a prepetual eclipse... wonder if the dawnguard will accept vampire help.

I don't know if the Order would even help the Dawnguard. Harkon wants to stop the sun because the Elder Scrolls prophesizes a vampire doom that says all vampires will be eradicated. That is why he wants to blot out the sun, to save his kind. Of course, we can assume all vampires will be affected. I doubt any of them would help the Dawnguard.
Lord Revan
That might blow a hole in my arguement. But if that's not the case, I figure the Order would be against blotting out Aetherius since that would uncheck the "barbaric" tribes numbers and threaten their comfortable lifestyle of acquiring influence and prestige in mortal society.
SubRosa
Lets not forget that blotting out the sun would mean that all the plants would die. Then all the animals and people who eat said plants would die. Then the vampires would die too, as they would have no one left to feed upon. Then the prophecy of vampire eradication would come true, and all because of the vampires themselves. Too bad no one would be left alive, because they would be laughing their rear ends off at the irony. biggrin.gif

Really, how come these Evil Overlords never think these things through?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.