Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ESO Housing & Decorating
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Acadian
mALX, Buffy figures if she contributes a bit to your mansion, you'll continue to let her freeload visit. biggrin.gif

Grits - Jerric all moved in - rollinglaugh.gif
Eeep! There's not a little wood elf struggling to breathe beneath him, is there?!? huh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 9 2017, 01:52 PM) *

I didn’t realize that you could fast-travel from anywhere to a home for free. I thought you had to go from a Wayshrine or travel to a player who was already there. That adds immense value to homes! Some of them are very handily located.

mALX, Elke stopped by your Stros M’Kai mansion today – it is gorgeous! Private beach!! Yay! I love how you have arranged conversation groups and put the fire pits inside. Very nice!

Elke finally got the keys to her Mara’s Kiss room, which she promptly named “Elke’s Closet.” She is apparently a touch claustrophobic. laugh.gif

Jerric bought a bed for his room at the brothel. Now he is all moved in.

Holy Cow, a Jerric sized bed!

Yes, you can travel to any of the homes, owned or not by clicking on their image in the maps; but on the owned houses you can also leave them by the door and step out into the neighborhood - very convenient if they are handy to a wayshrine.

(unowned houses will send you off to some random wayshrine, usually around your hotel room you got doing the quest).

And your own houses, of course - just click on them on the map and voila! There is never any charge to travel to the houses.

The houses closest to Wayshrines are Mara's Inn in Vulkhel Guard; The Flaming Nix Inn in Mournhold (and that one is convenient to the Master Crafter Writ guy and all crafting stuff); and the Cyrodiilic Jungle House in Malobal Tor at the Bandari Trading Post. (and that one is also convenient to merchants) - and the Ebony Flask Inn is not that far from the Wayshrine and merchants.

The Hunding place is inconvenient to any wayshrines, so when I want to leave I just hop over to the Mara Inn and step out the door of the Inn. Very convenient to get around!

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 9 2017, 02:30 PM) *

mALX, Buffy figures if she contributes a bit to your mansion, you'll continue to let her freeload visit. biggrin.gif

Grits - Jerric all moved in - rollinglaugh.gif
Eeep! There's not a little wood elf struggling to breathe beneath him, is there?!? huh.gif

She doesn't need to contribute, she is always welcome! But that doesn't mean I didn't love getting the bench, lol.

Grits
Oh dear, there could very well be a gasping wood elf under there! I note that Jerric has not yet installed an important bedside safety feature – the Scrolls of Shift Jerric’s Leg. ohmy.gif
hazmick
Jerric's room is so...Jerric. I love it! I assume that Bantam Guar is there as a caretaker when Jerric and Ulfe are out on adventures.
monkeyemoness
QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 9 2017, 12:52 PM) *

IJerric bought a bed for his room at the brothel. Now he is all moved in.

I don't recognize that style of bed. Is that Bosmer style? Argonian?

Speaking of beds, I found my first purple plan! And it's 3 things I like very much! (Khajiit, bed and canopy)

Unfortunately Khajiit canopy beds are still terrible in that you can't actually hop inside them and nap nor can you place things inside the canopy. I hope they fix that soon, but then it's been that way since before the update. Also, it's too big for any house I currently own so I guess it won't get any use anyways.
mALX
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 9 2017, 06:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 9 2017, 12:52 PM) *

IJerric bought a bed for his room at the brothel. Now he is all moved in.

I don't recognize that style of bed. Is that Bosmer style? Argonian?

Speaking of beds, I found my first purple plan! And it's 3 things I like very much! (Khajiit, bed and canopy)

Unfortunately Khajiit canopy beds are still terrible in that you can't actually hop inside them and nap nor can you place things inside the canopy. I hope they fix that soon, but then it's been that way since before the update. Also, it's too big for any house I currently own so I guess it won't get any use anyways.

BWAAHAA!!! I see how you "found" that purple plan, laugh.gif

That bed Jerric is on is the "Redguard Full." I guess the Redguard think they are Orc or something, all their beds but one are enormous.

rollinglaugh.gif

Arcry
No one ever sees the pale Dunmer at the Ebony Flask for long. He is never out in the day, never takes company, and most strange of all, never orders any of the inn's food. The time that he does spend outside is seemingly always a night and he never seems to spare any time with the patrons or inn keeper at all. .. I bet a Skooma Runner is looking pretty good right now to Canthion. Rather than the obvious irate Dunmer Vampire.

To the point, Raslon has dreams of moving out of his little hovel into the mansion by the mountain, The Ebonheart Chateau.
monkeyemoness
QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 9 2017, 05:42 PM) *

That bed Jerric is on is the "Redguard Full." I guess the Redguard think they are Orc or something, all their beds but one are enormous.

rollinglaugh.gif

It's where most of my plans come from. :V Looks like the price is rapidly dropping, though, so maybe by next week I'll start buying them instead of going through everything. More time for material gathering.

EVERY bed but the single ones are huge, regardless of race. I'm turbo upset that the canopy ones can't be jumped into, regardless of style (I saw a Breton one in Rivenspire) which makes me sad because they look nice. Ah well.

Looks like either the Ebony Flask room is really big or the Mara's Kiss room is tragically small. Hates got the room, but it technically belongs to Dravean. He's got a backstory now, apparently. So much for being a crafting monkey with no identity.
mALX
QUOTE(Arcry @ Feb 10 2017, 04:19 PM) *

No one ever sees the pale Dunmer at the Ebony Flask for long. He is never out in the day, never takes company, and most strange of all, never orders any of the inn's food. The time that he does spend outside is seemingly always a night and he never seems to spare any time with the patrons or inn keeper at all. .. I bet a Skooma Runner is looking pretty good right now to Canthion. Rather than the obvious irate Dunmer Vampire.

To the point, Raslon has dreams of moving out of his little hovel into the mansion by the mountain, The Ebonheart Chateau.

rollinglaugh.gif How did I miss all this? This is hilarious!

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 10 2017, 05:58 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 9 2017, 05:42 PM) *

rollinglaugh.gif

It's where most of my plans come from. :V Looks like the price is rapidly dropping, though, so maybe by next week I'll start buying them instead of going through everything. More time for material gathering.

EVERY bed but the single ones are huge, regardless of race. I'm turbo upset that the canopy ones can't be jumped into, regardless of style (I saw a Breton one in Rivenspire) which makes me sad because they look nice. Ah well.

Looks like either the Ebony Flask room is really big or the Mara's Kiss room is tragically small. Hates got the room, but it technically belongs to Dravean. He's got a backstory now, apparently. So much for being a crafting monkey with no identity.

I went ahead and got all three, and as soon as I furnish them Bubba (the Crafter) and Pantsless Calia (the perpetual troublemaker) will be moving into the Daggerfall and Vulkhel Guard rooms and stop living in the bank! (and Misa will be staying at the Ebony Flask (and writing in her diary every night about the goings on there, lol).

TheCheshireKhajiit
In her Ebony Flask room, Mira built a stage then put a bed roll on top of it! It's sort of like a regular bed...
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 11 2017, 02:56 PM) *

In her Ebony Flask room, Mira built a stage then put a bed roll on top of it! It's sort of like a regular bed...

Screens or it didn't happen! laugh.gif Just kidding.

I took the rocks from the Hunding place and sank them through the floor of the Ebony Flask, then stacked up any crates from Hunding in there. I found out I can't give them away to anyone, so will have to eventually destroy them. I'm keeping them now just in case some reason comes up that I need them for whatever.

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 11 2017, 02:09 PM) *

It looks like a prison cell, lol
hazmick
I hadn't really looked at the inn rooms before (Haa-Rei was much too excited for Humblemud to pay attention the other day), but Tsarakiri got the keys to the Mara's Kiss Inn Room (Vulkhel Guard) today. Not much space for her to work with, but at least she has a bed now. I'm thinking of just crafting lots of furs and cushions to throw around for her.

I've been thinking about buying her the small Khajiit house too. The crown price is really good for the fully furnished version.
monkeyemoness
I feel like the Ebony Flask room is the least tiny of the inn rooms. I'm going to pretend there's a very good reason for that for Dravean's backstory's sake. :V

Anyways, Hates had plenty of gold left over from buying Strident Springs Demense, leaving her with the choice of either Humblemud or The Ample Domicile. She found the former to serve her needs better. She isn't much of a homebody, and a small village of Argonian farmers is the perfect place to lay low and keep her stuff. Also, the bank/crafting hall is only a few steps away. If there were writ boards, it'd be perfect. I also find that Argonian mud huts are way too open for both our tastes. Maybe she'll get Ample Domicile eventually.

Jo'zira was a hundred thousand short for Sleek Creek House, so I had him dip into the motif fund to get that as well. I still have well over 300k for motifs, so it's fine. His home has the opposite problem, being one of the most populated zones/cities in the game, meaning he'll probably have to pick up writs in Craglorn as well.

All that's left is furniture now.

Speaking of, Eolan finally got a bed! It might be a little small for him alone, even without the cat-children. It does look comfy, tho.
Acadian
Awww, nice bed for the kitties! tongue.gif
mALX
QUOTE(hazmick @ Feb 11 2017, 08:49 PM) *

I hadn't really looked at the inn rooms before (Haa-Rei was much too excited for Humblemud to pay attention the other day), but Tsarakiri got the keys to the Mara's Kiss Inn Room (Vulkhel Guard) today. Not much space for her to work with, but at least she has a bed now. I'm thinking of just crafting lots of furs and cushions to throw around for her.

I've been thinking about buying her the small Khajiit house too. The crown price is really good for the fully furnished version.

That small Khajiit house in Kynarthi's Roost is actually larger than the more expensive house in Raw'lika (it just doesn't have any yard space with it, so is considered "small" due to no land). But inside it is really roomy!

mALX
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 11 2017, 11:50 PM) *

I feel like the Ebony Flask room is the least tiny of the inn rooms. I'm going to pretend there's a very good reason for that for Dravean's backstory's sake. :V

Anyways, Hates had plenty of gold left over from buying Strident Springs Demense, leaving her with the choice of either Humblemud or The Ample Domicile. She found the former to serve her needs better. She isn't much of a homebody, and a small village of Argonian farmers is the perfect place to lay low and keep her stuff. Also, the bank/crafting hall is only a few steps away. If there were writ boards, it'd be perfect. I also find that Argonian mud huts are way too open for both our tastes. Maybe she'll get Ample Domicile eventually.

Jo'zira was a hundred thousand short for Sleek Creek House, so I had him dip into the motif fund to get that as well. I still have well over 300k for motifs, so it's fine. His home has the opposite problem, being one of the most populated zones/cities in the game, meaning he'll probably have to pick up writs in Craglorn as well.

All that's left is furniture now.

Speaking of, Eolan finally got a bed! It might be a little small for him alone, even without the cat-children. It does look comfy, tho.

WOO HOO! It really is a good feeling to get that first piece of furniture in those drab tiny rooms, kind of changes the whole atmosphere of them!

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 11 2017, 07:28 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 11 2017, 02:09 PM) *

It looks like a prison cell, lol

laugh.gif

mALX

** If anyone is wanting to make extra game gold:

I will pay gold for Heartwood at the going Master Merchant market rate; (last night the going rate was 369 gold per each).

I will also buy plans for these items: (or buy the items if anyone has learned the "Blueprint" for them and can make them!) =

Dark Elf Sofas (called "Angled") (I need at least 8 of them)

Dark Elf Trestle tables (called "Scaled") (I need 3 of them)

Dark Elf Tea Tables (the round one) = (I need 4 of them)

Dark Elf Counter (the long "Bar" one) (I need 5 of them)

Dark Elf Counters (the short "Block" ones) = (4-5 of them)

The Dark Elf Rugs = (the round rugs). (I need at least 4 of them)

Redguard Counter "Grills" - I need at least 2 of them, but would really like 4 of them)

And I need 6 of the Redguard Cushioned dining chairs (the pink casual ones, not the red formal ones).

I got my first Master Writ yesterday, and plan to purchase basic crafting stations with the Vouchers; plus will most def be getting a Target Practice Dummy either with Master Writ Vouchers or Crowns.

So, WOO HOO! The Chorrolites' Guild Hall is starting to shape up finally (the hardest part for me is the grinding for mats, lol).

mALX

*** And just in case anyone doesn't know this = if you buy anything at all from the Crown Store, you can't transfer it to anyone else's property; even if you are set up as a "Decorator" for them. It instantly becomes bound to your account when you purchase anything via Crowns.

mALX

Here is what I am hoping to end up with in that courtyard and "party" areas:

http://imgur.com/a/T1dYo

Looking for a good spot for dueling and the skeleton; there is a big spot just behind the benches in the second shot; or another landing below that along the water/beach.

monkeyemoness
Strident Springs Demense is now open to visitors.

It's the Squad's group house and eventual crafting hall (and will hae some set gear stations, the first being Armor Master because geeze). Doesn't have much yet outside of the bedrooms, but I'm working on it.
mALX
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 13 2017, 10:57 PM) *

Strident Springs Demense is now open to visitors.

It's the Squad's group house and eventual crafting hall (and will hae some set gear stations, the first being Armor Master because geeze). Doesn't have much yet outside of the bedrooms, but I'm working on it.

WOO HOO! Will def stop in later tonight!

The Hunding house is also open to Guild Members! I bought some mats to make what I could and set those items up, right now I'm completely out of mats and having to make some more runs before I can do any more. I did have to buy a few things from the Crown Store that I just can't find the "recipes" for. The place is looking really good; but still needs some extra touches.

After that it will be just finishing touches (like food clutter, the stables, etc.) - and then I'm going to work on getting the crafting stations for it. The spot to put the crafting stations in is set up, I just need to figure out how to get them, lol.

Acadian
Buffy’s been over to beautiful Stros M'kai to visit mALX Manor several times. Yesterday she ran into Misa there who was working hard decorating the place – which is looking beautiful by the way.

After Misa graciously gave Buffy a tour to showcase all the new things, the two decided to take a break.

Kini’s on.

Getting wet.
mALX

Ooh, nice shots! I need to look and see the ones I took, have been too busy since, lol.

Okay, I've got 11 vouchers, it is 35 per each piece of the crafting stations. So one at a time, we will get our basic crafting stuff in there.

Grits
Woo, beach party! That is awesome! happy.gif

monkey, can’t wait to stop in at Strident Springs. Love that place.

Jerric has a brand new wash basin in his Ebony Flask room. Now the nightflowers won’t be able to charge hazard pay any more. Snacks the bantam guar is keeping the insect population down to manageable levels. Jerric’s plan is to have a mead keg positioned directly above his pillow. Got a shelf today. The man has a dream.

hazmick, Jerric stopped by to visit Haa-Rei and Ciri, but they were out. The house looks fabulous! I love the garden! He could have stayed there all night. Just beautiful and so peaceful. The two trees are perfect. Great job!
mALX

Jerric made some great food for the Hunding house today; and Buffy has been amazingly generous in her support!

I'm up to 16 vouchers, can't wait to get those crafting stations in!

mALX

24 vouchers! Just 11 more to get the Blacksmithing station! WOO HOO !!!

Hey, where is Monkey?

monkeyemoness
Wait, what'd I do? :V

Anyways, I bought a bunch of Achievement decorations last night and threw them into the SSD home. The Squad's bedrooms look great, but the rest of the house now looks bare in comparison (also a few of those won't really be there for long). Have I mentioned that House purchases have left me broke? Yeah. I'm just making it worse.

I sort of want to wait until i have the "perfect" furniture I had in mind before adding anything else. Otherwise I'll be stuck with stand-ins I wouldn't know what to do with. But whatever, I can always give them to someone who can use them when I don't need them anymore. (I guess I also have other houses that can be furnished...)

On a related note, I wish there was more than one style of Provisioning stations. Maybe the Redguard Oven and a usable Khajiit fireplace will come in the future? I mostly just want an oven regardless of its use, but it looks like you can't get those from what I've seen.

Then there's the "proper" Alchemy and Enchanting tables you see in shops...
Acadian
So if you have some stand in furniture, can you grind it up for mats like you can with retired armor or weapons?
mALX
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 16 2017, 04:12 PM) *

Wait, what'd I do? :V

Anyways, I bought a bunch of Achievement decorations last night and threw them into the SSD home. The Squad's bedrooms look great, but the rest of the house now looks bare in comparison (also a few of those won't really be there for long). Have I mentioned that House purchases have left me broke? Yeah. I'm just making it worse.

I sort of want to wait until i have the "perfect" furniture I had in mind before adding anything else. Otherwise I'll be stuck with stand-ins I wouldn't know what to do with. But whatever, I can always give them to someone who can use them when I don't need them anymore. (I guess I also have other houses that can be furnished...)

On a related note, I wish there was more than one style of Provisioning stations. Maybe the Redguard Oven and a usable Khajiit fireplace will come in the future? I mostly just want an oven regardless of its use, but it looks like you can't get those from what I've seen.

Then there's the "proper" Alchemy and Enchanting tables you see in shops...

I was just missing your presence, lol.

Yes, most def know what you are saying and totally agree on the Provisioning - they removed the ovens they did have (in the Hunding house, Sentinel house, and Twin Arches) on the PTS when I first got on there and replaced it with a stupid open fire pit. I wrote them a bug report and complained, but instead of putting the ovens back in they just removed the one from the Twin Arches and left the open pits in the other two. verysad.gif

Oh, and broke = yes. When the housing came out I had 1,350,000 in gold, and now I'm broke too. I also got a bunch of Crowns a few days ago for my early Birthday present from my son = gone. I really can't imagine how THAT much could have been spent, verysad.gif But other than some clutter - just about done with the Hunding house. It still needs crafting stations, those are going to have to be bought via vouchers unless I get some kind of unforseen windfall.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 16 2017, 04:36 PM) *

So if you have some stand in furniture, can you grind it up for mats like you can with retired armor or weapons?

Unfortunately, no. I wish though - could recoup some of the mats we spent making them, lol.

monkeyemoness
Yeah, you can't decon furniture unfortunately. 'Course, in my case it would only be from making a mistake. I can't waste materials. :T

Anyways, thanks for the table, mALX! I don't have a dining table yet, so I'll put it to good use.
monkeyemoness
Since the only opportunity to sneak into the Imperial City I had was wasted (both attempts made to reach the Noble's Conquest crafting station led to getting destroyed) I gave up on saving for an attunable crafting station and had Eolan use up his Writ Vouchers to buy the other 5 regular crafting stations. Better to have them now than wait forever to have 750 for the special ones and then attune them. NOW I can start saving up. (Although I still need the Ambrosia recipe...)

Now I'm figuring out where best to place the normal equipment crafting stations. I wanna make it look like a proper workshop, y'know? Enchanting and Alchemy I already decided to put outside the bedrooms.
mALX
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 17 2017, 07:06 PM) *

Since the only opportunity to sneak into the Imperial City I had was wasted (both attempts made to reach the Noble's Conquest crafting station led to getting destroyed) I gave up on saving for an attunable crafting station and had Eolan use up his Writ Vouchers to buy the other 5 regular crafting stations. Better to have them now than wait forever to have 750 for the special ones and then attune them. NOW I can start saving up. (Although I still need the Ambrosia recipe...)

Now I'm figuring out where best to place the normal equipment crafting stations. I wanna make it look like a proper workshop, y'know? Enchanting and Alchemy I already decided to put outside the bedrooms.

Ooh, will it be outside or inside? Or in your tower or something?

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 17 2017, 06:16 PM) *

Ooh a tower forge would be cool!
monkeyemoness

I have no clue.

I messed around the house today and considered turning the bottom floor into the cloth/wood workshop, but that'll pretty much take away the "comfy hangout" aspect of the house.

I originally planned to have the wide spaces around the house be used to place the crafting stations, but there are some issues. Like, I sort of want even ground to make it look less messy, but I haven't found a good way to accomplish that without building it out of different parts. I also tried the Orc Tent, but the Woodworking stations are too tall to work inside them. (Maybe I need the Canopy or the Shelter?)

I think I can solve that by placing them around the edges of the house, but I rather they be in one easily accessible place.

I'll have to think about it a bit more. Especially if I'm going to build a "believable" forge (need big fire pit). For now I'm just going to throw them on the bottom floor, since they're just the basic stations that'll eventually find their way to their individual homes.
Grits
monkey, Strident Springs looks great! I love the sweetroll on the table right as you walk in. The crafting stations make a neat work area where you have them. The best part of course is the squad’s individual rooms. There is no question which one belongs to whom. Jerric felt extremely stalkerish going upstairs to check them out, but I made him do it. He stayed in the doorways so he wouldn’t scare the pets or accidentally touch anyone’s personal stuff. laugh.gif

You guys, come see the banner and flagon full of mead that Misa made for Jerric! He loves his room. The man craves home, but is reluctant to make one.

Pog is so close to being Wyrd Friend and getting his cottage! He has some beautiful new lamps made by haute. They make him want to give them a proper cottage to light up.

Elke is going to look at the Skywatch apartment the next time she gets some time. I think she has given up on Jerric making it to the Rift and questing for Autumn’s Gate. Maybe there will be a Crown sale for her. Anyway, she is enjoying her time in Auridon too much to leave yet.
mALX
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 18 2017, 12:09 AM) *

I have no clue.

I messed around the house today and considered turning the bottom floor into the cloth/wood workshop, but that'll pretty much take away the "comfy hangout" aspect of the house.

I originally planned to have the wide spaces around the house be used to place the crafting stations, but there are some issues. Like, I sort of want even ground to make it look less messy, but I haven't found a good way to accomplish that without building it out of different parts. I also tried the Orc Tent, but the Woodworking stations are too tall to work inside them. (Maybe I need the Canopy or the Shelter?)

I think I can solve that by placing them around the edges of the house, but I rather they be in one easily accessible place.

I'll have to think about it a bit more. Especially if I'm going to build a "believable" forge (need big fire pit). For now I'm just going to throw them on the bottom floor, since they're just the basic stations that'll eventually find their way to their individual homes.

To level the ground up; you can go under "Structures" and use the "Dock" or the "Orc Platform Block" to create a flat spot. I used the "Dock" on my crafting pavilion at Craglorn; but the tall flowers beneath came up through it. I think if you use the "Orc Platform Block" instead, that might not happen.

Also, you can use any of the stone blocks as footings to raise the "Orc (tent or Canopy) Shingled" up and make it high enough for the woodworking if you want.

On the fire - they do have an "Imperial Forge" that is a huge fancy fire pit (but not actually usable as a forge, just for looks). It doesn't work for anything (although you may be able to toggle the fire on or off). It was HUGE. I went ahead and used the "Khajiit Cooking Fire" (which also can't be used for anything but toggling the fire, but doesn't take up that much room)

Here are some screenshots of the crafting pavilion:

*Overview of the whole Pavilion

http://i.imgur.com/eWT4n0U.png

* This next one shows how the "Orc Tent" was raised by using stacked blocks; and also the "Khajiit Cooking Fire" used for a forge:

http://i.imgur.com/DZuw90z.png

monkeyemoness
QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 18 2017, 08:26 AM) *

monkey, Strident Springs looks great! I love the sweetroll on the table right as you walk in. The crafting stations make a neat work area where you have them. The best part of course is the squad’s individual rooms. There is no question which one belongs to whom. Jerric felt extremely stalkerish going upstairs to check them out, but I made him do it. He stayed in the doorways so he wouldn’t scare the pets or accidentally touch anyone’s personal stuff. laugh.gif

You guys, come see the banner and flagon full of mead that Misa made for Jerric! He loves his room. The man craves home, but is reluctant to make one.

It's still a work in progress, but i'd say it's coming along nicely. Thanks! There's no worries in entering Jo'zira's room, at least.

Misa was kind enough to gift the squad the Redguard dinner table, too. Since they only have access to small tables right now, it's pretty useful.

@mALX- I actually gave a few of the structures a look and I agree that something like the docks would help. I was going to go with the stage platforms but I wasn't sure how much I could mess around with building given i only have around 100 decoration spots left. Then again, I'm not sure how many the house came with. Maybe I can do a bit of landscaping, like the little tree I moved out of the way for the stations.

Using blocks to prop up the tents is a good idea, though, so I don't have them floating around.

Funny you should bring that up, though. I noticed a few decorations missing, including that Imperial Forge (I checked the Crown Store section of the furnishings), and a spinning wheel for clothiers. Knowing that some of them actually were in-game is disappointing. Right now i'm using a Khajiit fireplace and I'll eventually move to the Redguard firepit (once I find a plan) and somehow fashion a chimney for it (because chimneys are also a thing that are missing that i also wanted).

I still have many plans to find, though. toot toot!
mALX

WOO HOO !!! I got the Blacksmithing and Woodworking stations in today !!!!! WOOOOOOOOT !!!! And = I'm only lacking 5 vouchers to get the Clothier station !!!! WOOOOOOOOOOT !!!!!

Acadian
What fabulous progress you're making on Misa Manor in Old Stros M'kai, mALX! Wow, even crafting stations - it really will be an almost self-sufficient castle.

monkeyemoness
QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 19 2017, 12:36 PM) *

WOO HOO !!! I got the Blacksmithing and Woodworking stations in today !!!!! WOOOOOOOOT !!!! And = I'm only lacking 5 vouchers to get the Clothier station !!!! WOOOOOOOOOOT !!!!!

The best feeling in the world. Congrats!
mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 19 2017, 02:25 PM) *

What fabulous progress you're making on Misa Manor in Old Stros M'kai, mALX! Wow, even crafting stations - it really will be an almost self-sufficient castle.

Have you popped in and seen them yet? They are looking awesome! Thanks, Acadian - especially thanks for all Buffy's help in mats!!!!

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 19 2017, 11:53 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 19 2017, 12:36 PM) *

The best feeling in the world. Congrats!

You are so right! It felt like winning the lottery or something!!!

Acadian
So Buffy bought a home!

Snugpod is an adorable little grahtoak pod home in Elden Root. Of course she loves that area. The house is close to the wayshrine, shops/services, Undaunted Enclave, MG and FG. Being literally next to the stable cinched the deal though. She bought it furnished and is all done moving in and decorating. That meant putting in one more candle, a potted plant and a mouser (cat) to keep an eye on the place. Oh, and of course she added all our Chorrol friends as visitors.
mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 20 2017, 03:38 PM) *

So Buffy bought a home!

Snugpod is an adorable little grahtoak pod home in Elden Root. Of course she loves that area. The house is close to the wayshrine, shops/services, Undaunted Enclave, MG and FG. Being literally next to the stable cinched the deal though. She bought it furnished and is all done moving in and decorating. That meant putting in one more candle, a potted plant and a mouser (cat) to keep an eye on the place. Oh, and of course she added all our Chorrol friends as visitors.

OMG, you never said a word !!!! That is Awesome !!! I'll bet Superian is your first visitor!

hazmick
QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 20 2017, 09:38 PM) *

So Buffy bought a home!

Congrats! The Snugpod certainly lives up to its name - very cosy.
Acadian
Thanks! A couple things actually cinched it for us. Buffy is assigned to the EP but her heart really belongs in AD and she probably spends more time in V-wood. Elden Root has felt like her 'base of operations' for a long time. She's doing daily delves for the Undaunted and just discovered the Undaunted Enclave at Elden Root works fine (despsite her being EP). She feels fery comfy in the little pod - remember a tiny elf & vixen need little room. And when she opens the front door, it feels like her front yard IS the stable so that is perfect for her precious mare. tongue.gif
Grits
Congratulations, mALX! Jerric did some crafting at the new stations this morning before shouting “Hey y’all watch this” to the seagulls and leaping off the back deck into the sea. The stations look great in those areas that you made for them. The Redguard grill is still Jerric’s favorite feature. And of course he loves the kitchen, he will always stop by there when he visits! What a fantastic job you did with this gorgeous place!

Acadian, congrats to Buffy on her tree pod home! I just love that snug and charming space. The best thing about a living house is that with the help of the mouser and the occasional soft rain, it can take care of itself while Buffy is away. How perfect that Superian’s stable is right outside the door!

Pog got his Daggerfall cottage today. It will be a fun project for him as he is decorating it mostly with things that he makes himself. That means that for now it is pretty empty, but he has a real bed and a nice fire so he’s happy.
mALX
Last night I set up some food in the kitchen, (huge thanks to Grits and Jerric for that awesome food gift!) - and finally got the nice Redguard awning up on the beach (Awesome gift from Hazmick & Haa-Rei - thank you so much, Hazmick!!!) = going to put some Argonian mats under it for sun bathers, lol.

Also, big thanks to Acadian & Buffy for those great Heartwood donations there have been several other touches added!

A friend gave me a huge brazier for the blacksmithing station, so I had to change the layout of that whole area, but I think it still looks okay - and I just love that brazier!

Right now I am just one Voucher away from getting the Clothier station.

OH! And Acadian brought up something today that made me really want to do it - add a merchant and banker to the house. I can't do it for a while, and really hoping they put them on sale for their anniversary or something - that will probably be the only way I'll be able to swing them both in under one year.

But I can probably get one or the other in June when my subscription renews - will probably get the banker first. And if I do the Thieves Guild quest, I think I can get a "Fence" from there for free. (in case anyone shoots over there to lay low while waiting out a hefty bounty or something, they can sell/launder their stolen goods; laugh.gif )

mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 20 2017, 05:42 PM) *

Congratulations, mALX! Jerric did some crafting at the new stations this morning before shouting “Hey y’all watch this” to the seagulls and leaping off the back deck into the sea. The stations look great in those areas that you made for them. The Redguard grill is still Jerric’s favorite feature. And of course he loves the kitchen, he will always stop by there when he visits! What a fantastic job you did with this gorgeous place!
Pog got his Daggerfall cottage today. It will be a fun project for him as he is decorating it mostly with things that he makes himself. That means that for now it is pretty empty, but he has a real bed and a nice fire so he’s happy.

I'm so tickled someone used the stations!!! Let me know if Pog needs anything for the house, I've got a ton of plans (but for some odd bad luck, not the ones I needed for my own house, lol).

Acadian
Buffy visited Misa Manor today to check on the progress. Wow! It is looking so good, mALX! You really have an artistry for this decorating stuff. Buffy deconned some metal weapons while she was there.

She absolutely fell in love (no surprise) with your stable area! As lovely as the inside bedrooms are, she laid claim to the semi-open room at the base of the tower with the single bed. She can hear and smell the horses and ocean from there. happy.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.