Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ESO Housing & Decorating
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 21 2017, 07:26 PM) *

Buffy visited Misa Manor today to check on the progress. Wow! It is looking so good, mALX! You really have an artistry for this decorating stuff. Buffy deconned some metal weapons while she was there.

She absolutely fell in love (no surprise) with your stable area! As lovely as the inside bedrooms are, she laid claim to the semi-open room at the base of the tower with the single bed. She can hear and smell the horses and ocean from there. happy.gif

Oh, that just tickles me to hear!!!! Love that people are using those crafting stations!

mALX

Clothier station is now in! So we have all the equipment crafting stations now, and I've got 4 vouchers toward getting the Enchanting station !!!! WOO HOO !!!!!

Grits
Thank you, mALX!

Pog, Jerric, and Elke all used your new Clothier bench today! All three equipment crafting in one place was especially handy for Pog this morning. He was able to find the last vein of ore that he needed right by the writ drop-off location, then pop over to Misa Manor and back without having to run for a Wayshrine in between. Awesome!
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 22 2017, 10:30 AM) *

Thank you, mALX!

Pog, Jerric, and Elke all used your new Clothier bench today! All three equipment crafting in one place was especially handy for Pog this morning. He was able to find the last vein of ore that he needed right by the writ drop-off location, then pop over to Misa Manor and back without having to run for a Wayshrine in between. Awesome!

It tickles me to death that they are being used - and found convenient! I thought the lack of a close wayshrine would be a problem, but - finally got used to either popping into my free hotel room (which is right next to a wayshrine) or "hitching a ride" off someone on my Friends or Guilds lists to get back to where I needed to go.

I hope the Enchanting, Alchemy, and Provisioning stations come as quickly and smoothly as the Equipment stations did; it was amazing to me how fast those first three pieces were obtained!

mALX

WOO HOO! As of this morning I've got 14 vouchers toward getting the Enchanting station (they cost 35 vouchers)!!!

mALX

Enchanting Station is in! WOO HOO !!!! Next going for the Alchemy Station !!!

mALX

17 of 35 Vouchers to get the Alchemy Station, WOO HOO !!!

Acadian
Visited Misa at the Manor yesterday and got to see the blacksmithing, clothing, wood and enchanting stations - wonderfully unobtrusive yet super convenient. Misa also showed Buffy the new sofa she put in 'Buffy Tower' out by the stable. It made Buffy cry (happy tears). So much fantastic work, mALX!
Grits
Very nice, mALX, congratulations on the new crafting station! And Buffy Tower looks charming! happy.gif

Elke bought the Skywatch apartment despite Jerric’s plan for her to live in Autumn’s Gate. Elke does not want to cook for anyone, clean a whole house, or maintain a garden. If Jerric likes that house so much, he can live in it! tongue.gif Pog gave Elke his bed (it’s yellow which is her favorite color) so now he is sleeping on the floor again. This is not a problem for Pog. Although Elke protested having a garden, the first thing she bought for her apartment was a house plant. It’s a tree. She’s going to need a bigger planter.

All of Jerric's crews' houses are open for visitors. I expect they will be in progress for a very long time!
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 24 2017, 02:00 PM) *

Very nice, mALX, congratulations on the new crafting station! And Buffy Tower looks charming! happy.gif

Elke bought the Skywatch apartment despite Jerric’s plan for her to live in Autumn’s Gate. Elke does not want to cook for anyone, clean a whole house, or maintain a garden. If Jerric likes that house so much, he can live in it! tongue.gif Pog gave Elke his bed (it’s yellow which is her favorite color) so now he is sleeping on the floor again. This is not a problem for Pog. Although Elke protested having a garden, the first thing she bought for her apartment was a house plant. It’s a tree. She’s going to need a bigger planter.

All of Jerric's crews' houses are open for visitors. I expect they will be in progress for a very long time!

Thanks!

Ooh, I love that Skywatch Apartment! They did a gorgeous job of decorating it if you bought the Crown Store Furnished version! And yeah, that yellow bed is my favorite too, lol.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 24 2017, 07:47 AM) *

Visited Misa at the Manor yesterday and got to see the blacksmithing, clothing, wood and enchanting stations - wonderfully unobtrusive yet super convenient. Misa also showed Buffy the new sofa she put in 'Buffy Tower' out by the stable. It made Buffy cry (happy tears). So much fantastic work, mALX!

Daaaaw! Thanks, Acadian and Buffy both!

mALX

I now have 32 of the 35 Vouchers needed to get the Alchemy Station, WOO HOO !!!!

Thank you all so much for your kind comments on Hunding House, that means a lot to hear !!!

@ Grits - you had me rolling with the comments on Autumn's Gate house! I loved that house too, really just a perfect little place! Just enough yard and house to be comfy in. If you get it, I can make a shingled tent to give you for an impromptu stables! It is just the right size to fit on one side or the other of the house!

EDIT: The Alchemy Station is now in!!! I'll be trying to get the Cooking Station next!

monkeyemoness
The Special Furniture Guy is here and he's selling wedding-themed stuff. I bought some lanterns and once again underestimated the size of things. I'm using them as lighting for my alchemy/enchanting laboratories. Best part is that if you flip them they look like electrical lighting fixtures. Powered by soul gems because of course.

Gonna get some curtains and maybe some flowers.

EDIT: The flowers are the same ones you see in Valenwood. The blue glowy ones.
mALX
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 25 2017, 04:24 AM) *

The Special Furniture Guy is here and he's selling wedding-themed stuff. I bought some lanterns and once again underestimated the size of things. I'm using them as lighting for my alchemy/enchanting laboratories. Best part is that if you flip them they look like electrical lighting fixtures. Powered by soul gems because of course.

Gonna get some curtains and maybe some flowers.

EDIT: The flowers are the same ones you see in Valenwood. The blue glowy ones.

That curtain thing is enormous, more like for a castle throne room - i made the mistake of getting it on the PTS. The flowers are large, and turn on and off as if they were a light - kind of cool, but probably more for a ... specialized area

What I got from him that I absolutely LOVED (if he has it on this server) was the flowering trellises!

Here is a screen of the trellises (and also shows that tent/stables I can make for Grits's Autumn Gate house if she wants and doesn't have the Plans for) :

http://imgur.com/a/hg90H

monkeyemoness
He's selling them but geeze they're expensive (10k each). I sort of want to buy them anyways in case I end up using them but idk. I bought 2 curtains thinking it was for windows. ech
hazmick
I got some of the blue flowers and one of the trellises set up in my garden - they look great! I also bought a lantern, but yeah they're too big. If you had a pond or something to float them on they would look gorgeous. If anyone wants a lantern, you can have mine.

I had a bit of a rework in the garden today. Basically just moved everything from one side to the other so that all of the Morrowind and Black Marsh plants are together. The new trellis is the perfect backdrop for a little seating area, so I'll start working on that soon.
Salazar
Do the mud houses contain any grub baskets?
mALX
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 25 2017, 11:52 AM) *

He's selling them but geeze they're expensive (10k each). I sort of want to buy them anyways in case I end up using them but idk. I bought 2 curtains thinking it was for windows. ech

Wow, that is the same price they had them for on the PTS! It is most def worth the price for them if you have anywhere a trellis would work!

I have to get up there to Coldharbour and check out what else he has on sale! Urk, this trip will break my bank, urgh.

QUOTE(Salazar @ Feb 25 2017, 03:18 PM) *

Do the mud houses contain any grub baskets?

If you buy the furnished version some of them do; but you can't loot the ones they put in Player houses. (same for dressers/wardrobes/chests/etc. )

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 25 2017, 11:52 AM) *

I'm pretty sure that is why I bought them too, thinking they would just be regular curtains but white. But they were so huge - I couldn't imagine anywhere in game they could be used!

mALX

Provisioning Station is in! Next I'll be trying for the Dye Station & Target Skeleton! WOO HOO!!!

mALX

Target Skeleton added! WOO HOO !!! Will try for Dye Station next, then going for the Banker in the last two weeks of March (hoping they discount them for the 1 year anniversary).

Grits
Oh my gosh, that's great! Congratulations! That's amazing progress, wow. I haven't used a target skeleton yet, I can't wait to try it!

monkeyemoness
I'm honestly curious to see how those skellies work so I may or may not be tempted to give it a few blasts. Congrats on finishing off your crafting station sets, though!

In my frenzied leveling of a new crafter and clearing Craglorn the past few days, I ended up putting off decorating for a while. Earlier today I bought some more achievement decorations, particularly the soul gem junk. The "Black Soul Gem" decoration may as well be called the Mantella with how huge it is. Another case of I Underestimated How Big That Decoration Was. On the other hand, it'll be a neat, freaky addition to Jo's Rawl'kha house.

Also, I put the Master Angler fishing boat in the pool. It has no business being there but where else will it go? In Hates' back yard?

Now I gotta figure out what aesthetic I'm going to go with the house. I was going to imitate the Vile Manse's style a bit (Imperial/Khajiit, but replacing Imperial with Breton since it's pretty much the same thing and it's craftable), but I think I'll go with a blend of Khajiit/Redguard in the main floor. I really need some more cushion/pillow plans and more fancy Khajiit rugs.

Or I can make it a disaster, which tbh is pretty realistic for two of three of the inhabitants until the help moves in.
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 28 2017, 11:08 AM) *

Oh my gosh, that's great! Congratulations! That's amazing progress, wow. I haven't used a target skeleton yet, I can't wait to try it!

What I was so excited about with the Skeleton is that they send you a report at the end of your using one - it is whispered to you in the ChatBox = tells what your DPS damage to the skeleton was! Buffy and Misa tried one out at another friend's house and I was really impressed by getting that report afterward.

With that report it is perfect to test out which spells are most effective on your bars by which do the most DPS. I most def plan to test Misa's spells and determine which to prioritize in combat!

Misa needs to be respec'd anyway; and I've been wondering for a while if I could whittle down a bunch of those spells that never make it to her bar. I recently pulled some forward and found they were much more powerful weapons in combat than what I was using - but at the same time, they didn't heal her in combat, (which the ones she had always used did heal; and that is what kept her alive during all those big fights like Molag Bal).

So I plan to use the heck out of that skeleton to help me figure out what to keep and what to drop.

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 28 2017, 02:42 PM) *

I'm honestly curious to see how those skellies work so I may or may not be tempted to give it a few blasts. Congrats on finishing off your crafting station sets, though!

In my frenzied leveling of a new crafter and clearing Craglorn the past few days, I ended up putting off decorating for a while. Earlier today I bought some more achievement decorations, particularly the soul gem junk. The "Black Soul Gem" decoration may as well be called the Mantella with how huge it is. Another case of I Underestimated How Big That Decoration Was. On the other hand, it'll be a neat, freaky addition to Jo's Rawl'kha house.

Also, I put the Master Angler fishing boat in the pool. It has no business being there but where else will it go? In Hates' back yard?

Now I gotta figure out what aesthetic I'm going to go with the house. I was going to imitate the Vile Manse's style a bit (Imperial/Khajiit, but replacing Imperial with Breton since it's pretty much the same thing and it's craftable), but I think I'll go with a blend of Khajiit/Redguard in the main floor. I really need some more cushion/pillow plans and more fancy Khajiit rugs.

Or I can make it a disaster, which tbh is pretty realistic for two of three of the inhabitants until the help moves in.

The Master Angler Achievement gets you A BOAT ???? GAAAAAAAH !!!! That is Awesome !!! Can I come see it?

hazmick
QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 28 2017, 02:47 PM) *

Target Skeleton added! WOO HOO !!!

I popped by to see it earlier - looks great! Here's a screenie.
mALX
QUOTE(hazmick @ Feb 28 2017, 10:03 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 28 2017, 02:47 PM) *

Target Skeleton added! WOO HOO !!!

I popped by to see it earlier - looks great! Here's a screenie.

WOO HOO, his first beating !!! (I didn't have time to test him out!) And I love the screen !!!

monkeyemoness
QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 28 2017, 07:40 PM) *

The Master Angler Achievement gets you A BOAT ???? GAAAAAAAH !!!! That is Awesome !!! Can I come see it?

With the placement, you might even be able to jump into it! It can't really move, though.

Last night I did some reorganizing and the Enchanter station ended up in Jo'zira's room. The Alchemy station will stay out in the hall but I had to face the fact that it'll be a while before I get all the fancy things like the poison cabinet and such. Ah well.
mALX
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Mar 1 2017, 12:29 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 28 2017, 07:40 PM) *

With the placement, you might even be able to jump into it! It can't really move, though.

Last night I did some reorganizing and the Enchanter station ended up in Jo'zira's room. The Alchemy station will stay out in the hall but I had to face the fact that it'll be a while before I get all the fancy things like the poison cabinet and such. Ah well.

I want that poison cabinet! So far the only one I found to buy was an alchemy carry-all.

monkeyemoness
I flipping hate the Provisioning Station.
mALX
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Mar 7 2017, 05:06 PM) *

I flipping hate the Provisioning Station.

I wish the fire was lit; but more than that: I really want an oven like the one in Craiglorn's inn!

hazmick
I've been house hunting again today, just looking though.

As I've mentioned before, Tsarakiri needs a house. The issue is that she's often away on 'business' so the house would often be left empty. Haa-Rei and Ciri have also been thinking about getting somewhere with more space. On top of that I have Lagakha and the as-yet-unnamed character I'll be making for Morrowind. Rather than buying everyone their own places, I want to get one large place for the whole crew.

I've narrowed my options down to a handful of suitable properties, so I'll ponder them all for a while. So far Strident Springs seems like the best choice, but the price is...ouch. I also quite like Velothi Reverie, though it'd be a little cramped.
mALX
QUOTE(hazmick @ Mar 8 2017, 03:31 PM) *

I've been house hunting again today, just looking though.

As I've mentioned before, Tsarakiri needs a house. The issue is that she's often away on 'business' so the house would often be left empty. Haa-Rei and Ciri have also been thinking about getting somewhere with more space. On top of that I have Lagakha and the as-yet-unnamed character I'll be making for Morrowind. Rather than buying everyone their own places, I want to get one large place for the whole crew.

I've narrowed my options down to a handful of suitable properties, so I'll ponder them all for a while. So far Strident Springs seems like the best choice, but the price is...ouch. I also quite like Velothi Reverie, though it'd be a little cramped.

I think buying the bigger houses like Strident works best using the Crowns, they really priced them lower than I ever dreamed they would!

hazmick
I eventually went with Strident Springs, unfurnished. I just love the individual rooms and the layout of the house itself. Also, having our very own waterfall is just perfect.

Despite it being unfurnished, I still had to spend a while removing the ~100 plants in the garden so I can start replacing them with my own stuff. It's going to be a nice project to work on.

I think I'll use Altmer style furniture for the most part - I like the way it looks and I already have some of the plans. I've made a start on some bedrooms (one for Haa-Rei and Ciri, one for Tsarakiri) so now I need to decide who out of Lagakha and as-yet-unnamed-warden will get the last bedroom, and who will be sleeping in the tower.
Acadian
Congrats, hazmick, on the new place for your growing gang! I think going unfurnished and slowly getting it exactly how you want is a great way to go. Buffy bought Snugpod furnished but we've replaced nearly 70% of what was in there so probably would have been better off getting unfurnished like you did.

Oh, and been meaning to say how much I enjoy seeing Haa-Rei dropping a line in the water in your screenshot of the month. smile.gif
mALX
QUOTE(hazmick @ Mar 9 2017, 08:01 PM) *

I eventually went with Strident Springs, unfurnished. I just love the individual rooms and the layout of the house itself. Also, having our very own waterfall is just perfect.

Despite it being unfurnished, I still had to spend a while removing the ~100 plants in the garden so I can start replacing them with my own stuff. It's going to be a nice project to work on.

I think I'll use Altmer style furniture for the most part - I like the way it looks and I already have some of the plans. I've made a start on some bedrooms (one for Haa-Rei and Ciri, one for Tsarakiri) so now I need to decide who out of Lagakha and as-yet-unnamed-warden will get the last bedroom, and who will be sleeping in the tower.

That is Awesome, Congrats on the new home! Oh, and I'm glad Acadian mentioned it because I didn't see the new screenshot - I LOVE that shot of Haa-Rei fishing !!!!

@ Acadian - I can't remember if I said something about Buffy's screen of the month in a PM or not, but I meant to = gorgeous!

mALX

The Dye Station is IN !!!!!! WOO HOO !!!!

Acadian
Thank you, mALX! Oh that is wonderful that you got the dye station in. Just love Hunding House!
mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 12 2017, 11:24 AM) *

Thank you, mALX! Oh that is wonderful that you got the dye station in. Just love Hunding House!

I also bought the Plans for the regular strength Target Dummy; so if anyone wants me to make one for your house = just send me the mats needed and I'll send you the dummy, lol.

I feel like the dummy for buying the Plans, to be honest. 125 Vouchers to find out it requires this many mats to make:

15 Mundane Runes (approximately 228 per each = @ 3420)

11 Alchemical Resin (approximately 58 per each = @ 638)

10 Decorative Wax (approximately 100 per each = @ 1000)

1 Kuta (approximately 2783 per each right now; which is actually abnormally low, so I'd round it to 3000)

206 Bone (These are 15 per each at the vendor; couldn't find them in the Guild Stores right now = @ 3090)

1 Animus Stone (bought via 50 Vouchers from the Master Writ guy; so figure the cost to do those Master Writs to get the 50 Vouchers)

** So figure approximately 11,148 Gold (plus the cost of crafting the Master Writs to get the 50 Vouchers for the Animus Stone) for the mats.

This vid was made off the PTS server; but I am pretty sure the stats they list for ingredients required are still accurate; it looks like what I remember seeing when I first got the Plans the other day.

I haven't actually made one because I had already bought the Target Dummy for the Guild Hall using Crowns.

BUT = had I known how much mats they required, I'd have just stuck to buying them with Crowns and saved myself the 125+ Vouchers! So I guess the prices I've seen on the Guild Store shelves for the pre-made Dummies is pretty darn earned !!! I thought they were over-inflated till I saw that Recipe for making them!

Here is a vid that details how to make them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKuiOsy8Yvk

Grits
hazmick, congratulations on the purchase of Strident Springs! I love that place.

mALX, congrats on the dye station! Thank you very much for making Hunding House so welcoming and wonderful.

Jerric found one of those enormous paintings of ruins, and now I can’t remember where he put it. This was before I went away for the weekend. I suspect I will find it shortly after I locate the missing piece of my coffee pot.
hazmick
Haa-Rei finished the basic work on the outer tower today, adding some walls to make it less of a watchtower and more of a room. We'll get some Bosmer style furnishings once we save up some more gold.

Also got some more trees for the garden - there's a really great selection for sale at the Craglorn furnishers. I just wish you could preview things before you buy them, especially with large objects like trees.
mALX
QUOTE(hazmick @ Mar 14 2017, 10:03 PM) *

Haa-Rei finished the basic work on the outer tower today, adding some walls to make it less of a watchtower and more of a room. We'll get some Bosmer style furnishings once we save up some more gold.

Also got some more trees for the garden - there's a really great selection for sale at the Craglorn furnishers. I just wish you could preview things before you buy them, especially with large objects like trees.

Is the Craglorn selection different from other furnisher's inventory?

hazmick
QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 15 2017, 05:44 AM) *

Almost every furnisher has a different plant selection, and Craglorn's is pretty good. Not too expensive either (unlike the Auridon furnisher).
mALX
QUOTE(hazmick @ Mar 15 2017, 08:25 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 15 2017, 05:44 AM) *

Almost every furnisher has a different plant selection, and Craglorn's is pretty good. Not too expensive either (unlike the Auridon furnisher).

Ooh, I didn't know that! Where do you find them?

hazmick
QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 15 2017, 01:30 PM) *

They're in the same building as the woodworking benches in Belkarth. The furnisher that sells the trees is a dremora so you can't miss him!
mALX
QUOTE(hazmick @ Mar 15 2017, 03:06 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 15 2017, 01:30 PM) *

They're in the same building as the woodworking benches in Belkarth. The furnisher that sells the trees is a dremora so you can't miss him!

embarrased.gif Er, somehow I have completely missed seeing him! I have seen the Dremora in the Coldharbour grocery, though! laugh.gif

Thank you so much!

Grits
That's a great tip, thanks! I have been wondering how to get more plants without resorting to the Crown store.
hazmick
Furnishers often sell region-specific plants, and they're usually pretty cheap (just a couple hundred gold). The Auridon furnisher sells the Altmer cherry blossom trees and they start at 10k kvleft.gif

I need to make a list of who sells what, since I always forget.
mALX
QUOTE(hazmick @ Mar 15 2017, 04:58 PM) *

Furnishers often sell region-specific plants, and they're usually pretty cheap (just a couple hundred gold). The Auridon furnisher sells the Altmer cherry blossom trees and they start at 10k kvleft.gif

I need to make a list of who sells what, since I always forget.

Wow, I went and checked them out = I want that crab-apple tree! Thanks for the tip, Hazmick!

Grits
hazmick, I love what you have done with Strident Springs!
hazmick
QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 16 2017, 12:35 AM) *

Wow, I went and checked them out = I want that crab-apple tree! Thanks for the tip, Hazmick!

Same here! Can't wait to buy it and see what it actually looks like tongue.gif

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 16 2017, 12:43 AM) *

hazmick, I love what you have done with Strident Springs!

Thanks! Also, thank you to Jerric for testing out the waterfall so thoroughly. biggrin.gif
monkeyemoness
Jo'zira quickly jumped instances and took a peek at Haa-Rei and Ciri's Strident Springs. There's still much to be filled but he can already get a good feel of who lives there.

I'm sort of upset I forgot to pick up a few extras of those merchant baskets and lanterns last week. I needed like, 2 more baskets for things. Guess I gotta wait till they come back. That said, will they ever give, like, Dwemer-style decorations? I hope so. I bought 20k worth of rugs today.

Anyways, since I'm putting my SSD decorating on hold until I get more cushion plans and attuneable stations, I've started to decorate the small houses. Hates' Humblemud already has some things, but Captain Margaux's and Moonmirth have nothing in them. Those furnishing materials are just sitting in my bank anyways.
monkeyemoness
Welp, another attempt at fixing up Strident Springs Demense ended in tears. I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I THINK I want the kitchen in the east wing but that terrible cooking station makes life hell. I also attempted to put it in that little square area and got it looking really neat but again, sabotaged by the cooking station from hell.

I also got started on the "workshops." Much less convenient, tbh, but ~aesthetic~
Blacksmith's next to the entrance, carpentry's in front of the house, near the fake windows (seriously the exterior does NOT match the interior), and tailor's is on the second floor around the enchanter's. Alchemy laboratory is in the nook (in front of the eventual dye station).

Jesus.

(They're also gonna move out soon)

Truth be told I'm probably going to nix the "crafting hall" idea and move that to another place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.