Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vampire: The Masquerade Games
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General RPG Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Darkness Eternal
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 24 2019, 12:50 AM) *

The new game sounds good. Too bad it's still about a year away. It makes me want to play all three of the clans you listed.

Doing Elvis karate moves

I'm Burnin' For You

Appetites...

Meet me in the alley

A sudden urge...

Beckett

I improved the Prince's look

Cleopatra Jones

Awesome screenshots!!

Apetites. I didn’t get that far yet!
mirocu
"Got a sudden urge to walk down that dark, fore-boding alley"

Gotta love Malks! rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

And I don't know who that guy is but it's certainly not prince LaCroix with his punchable face wink.gif
SubRosa
That is indeed Prince Lacroix! I found a mod that makes his face much less punchable, and much more diabolical.
SubRosa
So do we ever find out who the mystery vampire is who keeps disappearing in a puff of black smoke? I have seen him several times now. Sometimes it was while doing quests. Sometimes just in alleys. He always vanishes before I can get close enough to try talking to him.
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 25 2019, 08:30 PM) *

So do we ever find out who the mystery vampire is who keeps disappearing in a puff of black smoke? I have seen him several times now. Sometimes it was while doing quests. Sometimes just in alleys. He always vanishes before I can get close enough to try talking to him.

No idea who that is huh.gif
SubRosa
QUOTE(mirocu @ May 26 2019, 04:27 AM) *

I found out on the Planet Vampire forum. Apparently he is added by the Unofficial Patch Plus version. He's a Lasombra who shows up later in the game.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 26 2019, 12:55 PM) *

I found out on the Planet Vampire forum. Apparently he is added by the Unofficial Patch Plus version. He's a Lasombra who shows up later in the game.

Yeah he’s a Sabbat guy. Spying on you. The official game guide mentions him though Khajiit has never seen him.
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 26 2019, 04:43 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 26 2019, 12:55 PM) *

Yeah he’s a Sabbat guy. Spying on you. The official game guide mentions him though Khajiit has never seen him.

Turns out he is part of Beckett's Library quest added by the Plus Patch. I just started it now.

I also found out that the laptop in your haven only displays the first 10 emails, even if you have more. You have to either delete some to see more, or go to the 10th and keep pressing N to see the next emails. I missed a ton of them because of that. I thought no one was emailing me anymore! ohmy.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 26 2019, 03:44 PM) *

I also found out that the laptop in your haven only displays the first 10 emails, even if you have more. You have to either delete some to see more, or to to the 10th and keep pressing N to see the next emails. I missed a ton of them because of that. I thought no one was emailing me anymore! ohmy.gif

Lol, ooo like these creepy “From: A Friend” emails! laugh.gif
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 26 2019, 04:57 PM) *

I also found out that the laptop in your haven only displays the first 10 emails, even if you have more. You have to either delete some to see more, or to to the 10th and keep pressing N to see the next emails. I missed a ton of them because of that. I thought no one was emailing me anymore! ohmy.gif

I am just now reading in one of the walkthroughs that you should not delete any emails, as it might cause the game to crash.

Of course I deleted a bunch of emails...
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 26 2019, 04:04 PM) *

I am just now reading in one of the walkthroughs that you should not delete any emails, as it might cause the game to crash.

Maybe the unofficial patch fixed this?
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 26 2019, 07:29 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 26 2019, 04:04 PM) *

Maybe the unofficial patch fixed this?

Maybe. I am going to just roll with it and see what happens. It is easier to see new emails if I delete the old ones.
SubRosa
I have not been able to get the haven in the Tremere Chantry Downtown, in spite of being a Tremere, being nice to Strauss, and doing the two quests required. But I found a console command to get it:

G.Regent_Family=3

That moves you in. Apparently it works even if you are not a Tremere!
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 26 2019, 07:27 PM) *

I have not been able to get the haven in the Tremere Chantry Downtown, in spite of being a Tremere, being nice to Strauss, and doing the two quests required. But I found a console command to get it:

G.Regent_Family=3

That moves you in. Apparently it works even if you are not a Tremere!

Khajiit got the Chantry haven during his Tremere play through years and years ago. Of course, that was on the cd version of the game and didn’t have the unofficial patch.
TheCheshireKhajiit
In order to avoid spoilers, this one is taking a break from Brigitte’s game until Subbie finishes her current play through. She is almost at the end game, and she should experience it without knowing what’s next!
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 27 2019, 02:27 AM) *

I have not been able to get the haven in the Tremere Chantry Downtown, in spite of being a Tremere, being nice to Strauss, and doing the two quests required.

Hmm. Been years since I played as Tremere, but I remember getting access to it very late in the game. And I did his stuff too. Maybe you need to get stronger or just advance the MQ enough?
SubRosa
I think the problem might be the Plague bearer quest. Both Strauss and Damsel give it to you. Apparently if you talk to Damsel about it first, you cannot get the Chantry haven. That might be what happened to me. I don't remember anymore.
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 27 2019, 10:00 AM) *

In order to avoid spoilers, this one is taking a break from Brigitte’s game until Subbie finishes her current play through. She is almost at the end game, and she should experience it without knowing what’s next!

Hopefully I can finish it today.

I am now on the way to Griffith Park to see Nines. I keep hearing a wolf howling. I don't think it is a gangrel either. I saw something about a werewolf in the Hollywood Ghost tv show guy's computer. So I expect I will be meeting tall, dark, and furry there...

After talking to Lacroix I get the distinct impression that he is going to have me tailed to find Nines, and then try to kill us both. We are the final loose ends he needs to tie up to hide his alliance with the Chinese. It is what I would do. So if I had the opportunity, I would be making an alliance with Nines and Strauss right now to kill Lacroix. Too bad the game won't seem to let me. This whole time I have been playing the loyal soldier, looking for the chance to betray Lacroix and kill him. This would seem to be the time.
SubRosa
Well, I beat the game like a red-haired stepchild. It really dragged on too much at the end. I just wanted to get it over with, so I started using the notarget console command to skip fighting the hordes of minions at Ming-Xiao's. And that battle with the sheriff bat on the roof, that just took forever.

At least the final confrontation with Lacroix was streamlined. Instead of fighting him, it was resolved with just some dialogue choices.

I went the Indie route with Hecate, and gave Lacroix the key. Beckett had been very clear about not opening the sacrophagus, and I believed him - whether it was Gehenna or not. Lacroix was so obsessed with it, that I figured either way, it would destroy him in a most poetic fashion. I am a little disappointed that it was not supernatural. But I did laugh along with Lacroix all the while.

I really liked the writing in this. Though I wish they had given you more options on how to act. Such as giving you the option of preemptively betraying Lacroix near the end.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 27 2019, 03:31 PM) *

Well, I beat the game like a red-haired stepchild. It really dragged on too much at the end. I just wanted to get it over with, so I started using the notarget console command to skip fighting the hordes of minions at Ming-Xiao's. And that battle with the sheriff bat on the roof, that just took forever.

At least the final confrontation with Lacroix was streamlined. Instead of fighting him, it was resolved with just some dialogue choices.

I went the Indie route with Hecate, and gave Lacroix the key. Beckett had been very clear about not opening the sacrophagus, and I believed him - whether it was Gehenna or not. Lacroix was so obsessed with it, that I figured either way, I would destroy him in a most poetic fashion. I am a little disappointed that it was not supernatural. But I did laugh along with Lacroix all the while.

I really liked the writing in this. Though I wish they had given you more options on how to act. Such as giving you the option of preemptively betraying Lacroix near the end.

Well that’s one reason it was so funny! Everyone was so concerned with the supernatural and turned out to be something so mundane!
SubRosa
One thing that has been really weird this entire time is how everyone in the game pronounces Lacroix's name. They all say La-croy. But after Forever Knight, I am used to La-Cwa.

But Lacroix from Forever Knight would have never been so reckless as his namesake in the game. Certainly not so obsessed over the sarcophagus. He was always a skeptic when it came to magic.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 27 2019, 04:17 PM) *

One thing that has been really weird this entire time is how everyone in the game pronounces Lacroix's name. They all say La-croy. But after Forever Knight, I am used to La-Cwa.

But Lacroix from Forever Knight would have never been so reckless as his namesake in the game. Certainly not so obsessed over the sarcophagus. He was always a skeptic when it came to magic.

Khajiit has heard it both ways in real life. This one believes the “la-Cwa” pronunciation is probably the true French pronunciation and that the “La-Cory” pronunciation is just an English bastardization.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Woohoo!! You finished and got us some nice pics to boot! goodjob.gif
mirocu
Congrats on finishing the game! goodjob.gif

Btw, in my first ending I decided to open the box myself. I wanted to see what was inside it tongue.gif
Darkness Eternal
Congrats on finishing the game!

Did you like it?
SubRosa
I enjoyed it immensely. Partly just for nostalgia. I played VtM and Werewolf back in the 90s, when they were tabletop rpgs. This was a fun walk down memory lane. But even that aside, it was a good game. The voice acting is superb. The writing is really well done. It has neat little easter eggs like Lacroix and Jeanette (who were vampires in the Forever Knight tv show). It makes me want to play more. I am really looking forward to the new game coming out next year.

Now I want to look into modding to see if I can change the durations of powers like Fortitude and Presence. Because I will never think to keep activating them in combat. I would like to make them act like Blood Shield does, which you turn on once and remain indefinitely active, until you manually turn it off.

It took some digging but I figured out how:

To change the duration of Disciplines open the Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines\Unofficial Patch\Vdata\System\Stats.txt file.

Go down toward the bottom after the section called ActiveDisciplines and you will find that each Discipline has another set of entries there, with text like this:

Durations
{
"Initial_1" "40"
"Add_1" "0"

"Initial_2" "40"
"Add_2" "0"

"Initial_3" "40"
"Add_3" "0"

"Initial_4" "40"
"Add_4" "0"

"Initial_5" "40"
"Add_5" "0"

Change the "40" to the duration you want. I changed it to 9999 to the ones I want to be essentially indefinite, Like Fortitude. You can still turn them off with F8.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Clan Malkavian confirmed for Bloodlines2.
SubRosa
That is another obvious one. I am sure all the clans in Bloodlines 1 will be in the sequel. It wouldn't be VtM without them. Hopefully along with the Thin-Bloods, they will have some of the other interesting ones, like the Assamites, or Sets, or Tzimscie or Ravnos too.

If they really want to be clever, they can just do the standard clans in the original game, and then release new clans as dlc later. They could milk that for a dozen mini-dlcs right there. That's what the Total War games do now with releasing new playable factions.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 29 2019, 04:02 PM) *

That is another obvious one. I am sure all the clans in Bloodlines 1 will be in the sequel. It wouldn't be VtM without them. Hopefully along with the Thin-Bloods, they will have some of the other interesting ones, like the Assamites, or Sets, or Tzimscie or Ravnos too.

If they really want to be clever, they can just do the standard clans in the original game, and then release new clans as dlc later. They could milk that for a dozen mini-dlcs right there. That's what the Total War games do now with releasing new playable factions.

At launch, only Brujah, Toreador, Ventrue, Tremere, and Malkavian will be playable. They are planning on releasing other clans as free updates later on.
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 29 2019, 05:11 PM) *

At launch, only Brujah, Toreador, Ventrue, Tremere, and Malkavian will be playable. They are planning on releasing other clans as free updates later on.

No Gangrel? Or Nosferatu? For shame whoever owns the game now! nono.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 29 2019, 06:36 PM) *

Not at first, anyway. If we get them for free later, Khajiit isn’t going to complain too much about the initial selections.
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 29 2019, 07:47 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 29 2019, 06:36 PM) *

Not at first, anyway. If we get them for free later, Khajiit isn’t going to complain too much about the initial selections.

I dunno. A sequel is supposed to have more content than the original, not less.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 29 2019, 07:46 PM) *

I dunno. A sequel is supposed to have more content than the original, not less.

Lol, well at this point, Khajiit is just happy we are getting a sequel. If the gameplay is as good or better than the original then this one couldn’t care less if he has to wait a bit for the rest of the Clans to be released. And who knows? We may even end up with more clans than the original.
mirocu
What's yo fohks fave hub then? Mine is Chinatown hands down. Second, Santa Monica.
SubRosa
It's probably Downtown for me. Lots of alleys and air vents to sneak around in.

btw. I rolled a new toon to b38t the game with.

Sindeok is a Ventrue

She has a glowing personality

Rings
Darkness Eternal
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 1 2019, 05:16 PM) *

Sindeok is a Ventrue

Rings

Ventrue! Wise choice!

Sindeok looks like she can kick some serious butt!
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 1 2019, 11:16 AM) *

Sindeok is a Ventrue

Rings

Sindeok and Yukie could be twins!
SubRosa
They are twins. I used a mod that makes NPCs playable for certain clans, and translated a couple of them to work for Ventrue as well.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 1 2019, 07:21 PM) *

They are twins. I used a mod that makes NPCs playable for certain clans, and translated a couple of them to work for Ventrue as well.

Ah, Khajiit figured this was the case!
mirocu
Glad to see Yukie's twin p8wn the game biggrin.gif
SubRosa
I was reading today that blood is haram (forbidden) for Muslims to consume. So that would really suck for Islamic vampires...
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 3 2019, 05:45 PM) *

I was reading today that blood is haram (forbidden) for Muslims to consume. So that would really suck for Islamic vampires...

Lol pun intended?

Khajiit actually thinks that would be a good show or movie. How would a super devout person deal with changing into a monster and their slow loss of faith. Would be interesting, this one thinks.
Darkness Eternal
Heh. Makes me think of Blade Trinity where the human FBI agents ask Blade about Hindu and Jewish vampires.

“You can stake 'em, right? Then there's sunlight -- what about crosses, Wilson? Do those work?”

“I don't know, Ray. What if a vampire's Jewish?”

“That's a good point. And does garlic work on a Hindu vampire? Or do you need saffron or something?”

tongue.gif
SubRosa
Garlic works on me, and I'm not even a vampire... wink.gif
SubRosa
I now recall that in the Hunters sourcebook there was a Puritan hunter what was also a ghoul. He survived from drinking from the vampires he killed. He was hundreds of years old, and a very old school Calvinist type.

Here he is Caiaphas Smith. He's not an actual vampire, but close.

OTOH, I am enjoying playing a Ventrue a lot. Fortitude gives you staying power in combat, and Ventrue Dominate really helps with dialogue. Presence seems a bit iffy. It does help, but it also warns people you are trying to sneak up on, preventing sneak attacks.

If I could have a vampire with Fortitude, Dominate, and Obfuscate that would be awesome. She could fight, talk, and sneak.
mirocu
For me the Malk is pretty much good enough. Maybe switch Auspex for Fortitude but then again, it's good for hacking and shooting indifferent.gif
SubRosa
Hello Kitty

Sindeok is beside herself
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 7 2019, 01:06 AM) *

Clicked it, saw it, loved it! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.