Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Things
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Skyrim cheats and hints
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Lady Saga
Like today, I saw my follower jump for the first time. Every character of mine so far has had a follower. I know they jump, but I've never seen my follower jump over an obstruction!

Jenassa (Khahkhayre's dark elf wife) got stuck, and after a moment, I turned him around to have a look at where she got stuck, what the problem was. Suddenly, she figured out where she could jump over this little ridge, and did so. Thought that was pretty neat that after all this time, I'm still discovering new things here and there.

There's something else I noticed tonight, now I'm forgetting what it was! ...oh well.

King Coin
If you have a torch equipped you can block with it... and hit with it too! Just like a shield bash! It lights people on fire when you do that.
Lady Saga
Mmm hmm, what you said, King, about the torch blocking, it's true. I figured that out oh....about a month or so ago. Since my spellsword doesn't use a shield or a second weapon, there was one time he was carrying a torch left-handed, and an enemy jumped in front of him. I instinctively blocked with the torch (without thinking) and hey! It worked! I didn't know we can light enemies on fire, though. I'll have to try that.

I remembered the other thing I forgot yesterday. kvleft.gif If you stand there and activate a locked door over and over, without trying to actually pick it, and a guard happens to be nearby, the guard will eventually say something like

"Seems that door is locked. Perhaps you'd better wait until the shop opens".

Something like that. wink.gif Thought that was kinda neat.
King Coin
Lol I think I've heard that before!
Grits
I learned that Legion and Stormcloak troops can take over forts, even if you haven’t started the Civil War quests yet. That was a nice surprise.
SubRosa
QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 7 2012, 05:19 PM) *

I learned that Legion and Stormcloak troops can take over forts, even if you haven’t started the Civil War quests yet. That was a nice surprise.

I learned that a few months ago. One of my characters cleared the bandits out of Fort Neugrad. When she went back a few days later, it was filled with Imperials. I remember thinking WTF? I wantz mah money for that Tullius! biggrin.gif
Lady Saga
QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 7 2012, 05:19 PM) *

YES. I learned this the first week actually, when the Imperials took over Fort Greymoor (near Whiterun) several days after Thor a'Zaene plundered the place. But I assumed this is the only instance of such a thing happeneing in the game.

But not long ago, Khahkhayre cleared out one of Skyrim's tougher forts....Fort Kastov I think my map says. This is a fort Claire Voyance and Crystal Beth were both not adept enough to take on, there's an uber-wizard standing guard outside. And lo! Stormcloaks took over this fort. It was a shock to see an entire group of them just loitering around the outside and stuff.

The Stormcloaks didn't mind that Khahkhayre went inside the fort, either. They let him walk in there, no problem, even though he's not joined up with their side. But if he goes inside Fort Greymoor, the Imperials will warn him. "I'm warning you". They don't want outsiders in their fort!
McBadgere
I was heading through Dragon Bridge in the direction of Hag's End (Word 'o' Poweeeerrrrrr!!! search) and I heard a Dragon roar overhead...So I located it...Headed back into town whilst waiting the music to start and the flames and the more roaring...And it never happened...

The only thing I could think of was that it was Oodahving!...

I have never seen him roaming about before...Bless him...Awwww!! *Tickles chin*...

Oh, this is the first time I've had the Thu'um Master trophy...(learn one word of all shouts)...Does that count?... biggrin.gif ...
SubRosa
From what I have read not all dragons you encounter in the wild are hostile. Some will just fly around up high and never come near the ground to attack. So it could have been one of those.
McBadgere
Awwww... sad.gif ...

Balls...
Lady Saga
Well, that is something new for McB, eh? Dragons that mind their own, that is.

My new thing of the day: my spellsword was walking around in Riften and a guard said "You're like me, huh? You don't fancy carrying around any of those 2-handed weapons, eh?" Something like that.

That may sound pretty simple, but I've never heard anyone say that before. smile.gif
SubRosa
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Aug 26 2012, 02:14 PM) *

My new thing of the day: my spellsword was walking around in Riften and a guard said "You're like me, huh? You don't fancy carrying around any of those 2-handed weapons, eh?" Something like that.

I have never heard that one before. I am using to the "The gods gave you two hands, and you use both for your weapon."
hazmick
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Aug 26 2012, 07:14 PM) *

Well, that is something new for McB, eh? Dragons that mind their own, that is.

That may sound pretty simple, but I've never heard anyone say that before. smile.gif

I get that quite a lot, sometimes from guards who do actually have a 2-handed weapon on their back blink.gif

One I heard the other day: "Hail summoner, conjure me up a warm bed would you?"
Lady Saga
QUOTE(hazmick @ Aug 26 2012, 03:54 PM) *

I get that quite a lot, sometimes from guards who do actually have a 2-handed weapon on their back blink.gif

Weird. It's weird because I have yet to play a character who uses a 2-handed weapon at all in Skyrim. You'd think I would have heard that one before

One I heard the other day: "Hail summoner, conjure me up a warm bed would you?"

Ha ha. laugh.gif Yea, that's a good one. I also like "You like mixing potions, eh? Why don't you mix me up a batch of mead?"

I'm getting that wrong...it's something like that.
King Coin
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Aug 26 2012, 03:03 PM) *

Ha ha. laugh.gif Yea, that's a good one. I also like "You like mixing potions, eh? Why don't you mix me up a batch of mead?"

I'm getting that wrong...it's something like that.

Close enough. I haven't heard some of those other ones. smile.gif
McBadgere
Keep forgetting to say...

I did that Potema quest the other day...The second one where they send for you to go kick her ar$e...Aaamywho...You have to go see a priest called Styrr before you leave...He gives you the Turn Undead spell to help with the Draugr...And it turns up on the side "You have learnt the Turn Undead spell" or something...

So we go to the place...And J'zargo starts with the Turn Undead!...Up until that quest it's always been with the lightning...And now, since we did that quest, he's been all Turn Undead...Aaand, he's been using some of the other spells he's got in his arsenal more...

I love that...NPC progressions...Love it!!... biggrin.gif ...
SubRosa
"You wear the armor of a mercenary, now there's the life."

Ulfdis just heard this from a town guard, while wearing banded iron armor and a banded iron shield. It is the first time I can recall hearing it.
Lady Saga
Coool. I've never heard that one.

I'm noticing lots of New Things since installing Hearthfire. It's really neat how subtly these show up, and even though this the spoilers section, i won't any spoilers. smile.gif
Lady Saga
So I found this the other day...

IPB Image

Look closely. There's a dead dragonfly (dartwing I think they're called) in that spider web. Kinda neat.
King Coin
I've never seen that before! Cool!
SubRosa
I never noticed that before either. Is that in Bleak Falls Barrow?
McBadgere
I was heading through Riverwood t'other day and it got attacked by an Ancient Dragon™...

Sooo, there's us Dragonborn-Knighty types...Along with multitudinous Guardy types...A dog...Aaaaand two women in lovely dresses with small daggers...*Runs hand down face*...

Sooo, the two lovely corpses of Gurdur and Sigurd(?), and one dragon skeleton lie in the road...

Up runs a small child who then falls to his knees and wails in the sort of "Noooooo!! Whyyyyy?!!" type of thing...

I've never seen that before...

Oh, and the dog ran around barking inside the ribs of the dragon...That made me laugh...

The other bit didn't btw...I felt bad...
Lady Saga
,Ahhh man, that would kill me, seeing a child run up and wail like that. I have yet to see any children outside of towns and villages, actually.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 12 2012, 01:30 PM) *

I never noticed that before either. Is that in Bleak Falls Barrow?

I'm pretty sure it was in Dustman's Cairn, the place where we first go in with Farkas early in the Companions questline. If I touched the spider web, the dartwing would move, too!
Grits
QUOTE(McBadgere @ Sep 13 2012, 08:02 AM) *
Up runs a small child who then falls to his knees and wails in the sort of "Noooooo!! Whyyyyy?!!" type of thing...

Argh, that would be little Frodnar the prankster and aspiring Stormcloak. Both Riverwood kids lost their moms in that fight. kvleft.gif

Funny about the dog, though.
SubRosa
I just figured out how to add NPCs to the presets. Turns out is very simple. Find the NPC you want in the CK, left click on them and make a duplicate. Then open up the Race window for the NPC, and go to the preset section (you have to use a radio button to select between male and female presets). Then go back to the Actors, pick you duplicated NPC, and drag and drop it into the Race Preset field.

It is important to only do this to a duplicate because as soon as you drop it in the Presets, it removes the NPC from the game. So it is very easy to break the game if you are not careful.
Lady Saga
Wow, that soudns fun, SubRosa! I hear skyrim is tougher to mod than Oblivion.

So my new thing of the day is: I just picked a lock from horseback. . I tried picking the lock on the giant gate that leads into Helgen without dismounting my horse .. and it worked!
McBadgere
Ressurection!!...

In th'daughter's game we have the most incredible return...One which should please DE no end!...

Skjor's back!!...

It's been soooo long since she did the Companions quest, but she went looking in Jorrvaskr for Ria to be a follower...And up pops old grumpy-chops himself!...Hell of a shock!!...And she went back today and he's still there...

Soooo, you save Sovengard and suddenly everyone's back...Next it'll be old Whitemane... biggrin.gif ...

---------------------------

Oh, heard a bunch of new speech things meself lately, but they're unlikely to be DLC related, just I've never heard them before...My newest one is ('cause I'm trying to pickpocket someone) "You're a terrible sneak lad, can see you a mile off" or somesuch... biggrin.gif ...
SubRosa
Skjor coming back is weird. I have done enough of the Companions questline to know what happens to him early on.

I have never heard that last bit of dialogue either. But then I almost never play pickpockets either, so I probably just never had the chance to hear it as well.
Lady Saga
Gunter Son of Talos II was recently in Fort Neugrad, which is full of bandits I think. Anyways, everything was going as usual when Gunter wound up walking into a room with a solitary bandit. This solitary bandit merely looked at Gunter, and did not get up (he was eating I think).

Gunter wound up attempting to speak to this guy, and only then did he attack. wacko.gif weird, huh?

There were a couple more bandits in another room who also did the same thing: merely sat there and stared at Gunter as he walked in. This time, he did not speak to them, but he did loot some of their stuff, right in front of them. Nothing!

As usual, I worked it into my roleplay. These bandits were "friendly" with the invader who came in and took their stuff. They seemed to rather he take their things, and leave them alone, than wind up dead.

Gunter let those two live.
Grits
From a guard: Don't cross me, elf. dry.gif
SubRosa
I get that one all the time in my games. It is still more cordial than the guards in Morrowind: "We're watching you scum!" biggrin.gif

The one that always makes me laugh is when a shopkeeper or smith says "What do you want, little elf?" It always seems to happen when I am playing an Altmer, so I am taller than they are.
Lady Saga
Today Gunter was walking on a road which sloped downwards. A big hill; the one that leads east (kinda east from Valtheim Towers). As he walked, I heard a noise come up from behind; it sounded like a footstep.

He turns around, expecting an enemy. But no, it's a dead Alchemist, sliding head-first down the road! Alchemists are friendly to us, which means he must have encountered an enemy nearby. But as I looked around, there was nothing. It was if the Alchemist had fallen from the sky.
King Coin
Meeko knocked a bowl off of Aravi's shelf in Breezehome and Kharjo promptly yelled "Stupid dog!" laugh.gif
Grits
rollinglaugh.gif Does Meeko bark much in the house? Maybe he's on Kharjo's last nerve!
King Coin
QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 2 2012, 06:43 PM) *

rollinglaugh.gif Does Meeko bark much in the house? Maybe he's on Kharjo's last nerve!

Of course he barks. I'd be more concerned about Lydia. blink.gif
Grits
Chocolate!! When you first meet the Dark Brotherhood, Babette tells a story about a candy store and chocolate. I didn’t get exactly what was said. The Girl was playing her thief/assassin/adoptive mom character and I wasn’t paying close attention. But I heard the important part: Skyrim has chocolate!! biggrin.gif
King Coin
Chocolate?! Where?

I did notice after downloading Hearthfire that the Surlie Brothers are still making wine. smile.gif

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 2 2012, 06:43 PM) *

After playing more, Kharjo is definitely not a dog person. Meeko barks a lot and Kharjo does not like it.
Grits
You have to join the DB to hear the line. Probably a mistake by the writer since it’s NOWHERE else, but it’s in the game now!! laugh.gif

I got a kick out of that wine. I wonder what happened to Tamika’s?
Lady Saga
Tamika's hasn't got the proper distribution licensing yet to effectively invade Skyrim with their product.

My new thing of the day: did you know creatures can follow us into establishments? Apparently they can, albeit rarely. My newest character was fighting a couple of Sabercats in the villlage of Winterhold. The guards and a couple ordinary town NPCs joined in. At some point, Skank ran into the general good store, and one of the sabercats actually followed her! Freaked me out... all the sudden there was this BIG cat right in the middle of the store

The lady who says "I have to sell whatever I can, just to get by"... stood behind her counter the entire time, while the cat went after my character. Thankfully, the cat must have been pretty weak at the point, because it died soon after its store invasion. But what a freaky thing! I never seen that happen before...
Grits
Today Rowan and her man Vorstag were in Windhelm, so they stopped in at the Candlehearth Hall for a meal and one night’s stay. The bard played a song I have never heard before. “Tale of the Tongues,” I looked it up. Obviously Rowan had never heard it either. She just stood there listening in complete awe. She is an Imperial Dragonborn who recently met the Tongues in the song, so it was particularly cool to realize that she had become part of Nord culture as well as Tamriel’s history. Goosebumps. smile.gif
SubRosa
I have never hear The Tale of the Tongues either. Sounds like it is about lesbian sex too... Maybe it is only unlocked after you progress to a certain point in the main quest?
Lady Saga
TAle of the Tongues! LOL it does sound like a lesbian film!

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 26 2012, 10:47 PM) *

*snip*

This is very good news. smile.gif So some new songs do show up after awhile? Very cool.
Grits
LOL, Rosa! Indeed it is a post MQ song. tongue.gif
King Coin
QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 27 2012, 04:19 PM) *

Is it? I thought Aravi heard it in Windhelm when she was still getting people together for the meeting on the mountain.

Maybe I'm wrong.
SubRosa
QUOTE(King Coin @ Oct 27 2012, 06:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 27 2012, 04:19 PM) *

Is it? I thought Aravi heard it in Windhelm when she was still getting people together for the meeting on the mountain.

Maybe I'm wrong.

It might be you start hearing it after you first meet the Greybeards? Or maybe it gets triggered at some other point during the MQ.
King Coin
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 27 2012, 07:06 PM) *

It might be you start hearing it after you first meet the Greybeards? Or maybe it gets triggered at some other point during the MQ.

Maybe. I agree about the name. laugh.gif
Lady Saga
Wow. 2 bandit outlaws and a bandit chief attacked Haaf-Mersey as he left his own house! Lucia was sitting outside under a tree, and my character was walking up to say goodbye, when these 3 showed up! I didn't expect that. I didn't know anything would attack Lakeview Manor, not with Lucia around.

Needless to say, my crusader sent her back inside!

SubRosa
Flavia had that happen at Lakeview as well. Although it was before she adopted Lucia.

I just had a new thing. A Student came up to Amaterasu and asked her to help teach him Wards. So she did, and he went off on his way to join the College of Winterhold.
King Coin
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 18 2012, 04:31 PM) *

I just had a new thing. A Student came up to Amaterasu and asked her to help teach him Wards. So she did, and he went off on his way to join the College of Winterhold.

Someone did that with Aravi as well. It was kind of cool. smile.gif Aravi still sucks at wards so he probably should have asked someone else.
Lady Saga
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 18 2012, 05:31 PM) *

OH wow. Haven't seen that one yet!!

Here's another one, and I'm assuming you all have already seen this one: I liked it when Haaf-Mersey came home with Marcurio from Shriekwind Bastion, and Lucia greeted him as usual, but then asked for some gold, just the way kids usually do it! huh.gif And then I was further shocked that the game gave me like 6 or 7 different choices: 5 gold, 25, 50, and 100, no gold, "go away"... I think that's what the choices were. 100 just seemed too much, I think he gave her 50.

I wanna try 5 next time, see if she calls Haaf-Mersey a cheapskate in so many words!.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.