Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Things
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Skyrim cheats and hints
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 26 2013, 04:40 PM) *

Kayla will definitely eventually join the Dawnguard.

Derp. XD

The crossbows are a really cool weapon! I'm guessing Kayla will love
Elisabeth Hollow
Oh, she would, lol
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 26 2013, 06:52 PM) *

Oh, she would, lol

She better bring a ton of healing potions though!
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Feb 26 2013, 09:53 PM) *

Oh, she would, lol

This is KAYLA we're talking about, lol
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 26 2013, 08:11 PM) *

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Feb 26 2013, 09:53 PM) *

Oh, she would, lol

This is KAYLA we're talking about, lol

But Harkon is more dangerous than you think. The character I used when I first did the quest was level 81. I was playing in easy, and I died three times smile.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Feb 26 2013, 10:31 PM) *

But Harkon is more dangerous than you think. The character I used when I first did the quest was level 81. I was playing in easy, and I died three times smile.gif

O.O Oh. XD
SubRosa
The only trouble Helregin had with Harkov was getting him to stand still long enough to paste him with her hammer. That and constantly having to pull out Auriel's Bow to blast off that force field he likes to hide behind. It was a long fight because he would not go mano-a-womano with me. But it was not that difficult.
Elisabeth Hollow
KOB's characters are a mess, though lol
Grits
You know those ruffians dressed in scavenged Legion armor who try to shake you down for 100 gold in random encounters? Well when that happened to my Imperial soldier she got a new (to me) conversational option.

Random Orc: That will be, uh, 100 gold. Pay up, citizen.

Prefect Rowan Varrus: I’m with the Imperial Legion, and I’m damn sure you’re not!

Woooo hoo! I’d do the whole Civil War questline just to get that line of dialog!! biggrin.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 28 2013, 02:01 PM) *

You know those ruffians dressed in scavenged Legion armor who try to shake you down for 100 gold in random encounters? Well when that happened to my Imperial soldier she got a new (to me) conversational option.

Random Orc: That will be, uh, 100 gold. Pay up, citizen.

Prefect Rowan Varrus: I’m with the Imperial Legion, and I’m damn sure you’re not!

Woooo hoo! I’d do the whole Civil War questline just to get that line of dialog!! biggrin.gif

GAAAAH !!!!! I LOVE that !!!
Grits
It was truly a stand-up and cheer moment of awesome!! biggrin.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 28 2013, 02:05 PM) *

It was truly a stand-up and cheer moment of awesome!! biggrin.gif

I think that def makes it worth joining the Legion just to hear it! (actually, Maxical was going to anyway - she just never got around to it).
SubRosa
It is not a new thing, but it just occurred to me today that every city which is in its own cell (i.e. that you have to go through a loading screen to get into the city), has a scripted scene that plays out the first time you enter. Whiterun has the Battleborn hiring Adrienne, Windhelm has the two drunks harassing the Dunmer, Markarth has the attempted assassination on whats-her-face, Riften has Mjoll and Mr. Friendzone talking about the Thieves Guild, Solitude has the execution.
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 28 2013, 01:35 PM) *

Riften has Mjoll and Mr. Friendzone talking about the Thieves Guild,

If you marry Mjoll, Aerin follows her to wherever she is. I think she cheats on you. XD
Grits
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 28 2013, 02:35 PM) *

Mr. Friendzone

rollinglaugh.gif
Lady Saga
SubRosa
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 28 2013, 03:40 PM) *

If you marry Mjoll, Aerin follows her to wherever she is. I think she cheats on you. XD

Nah, she is never giving it up for Aerin. He's in the friendzone for life. If he was smart, he would move on to something he has a chance of tapping.
McBadgere
Dude, the only thing he's tapping are his feet... biggrin.gif ...
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 28 2013, 03:51 PM) *

Dude, the only thing he's tapping are his feet... biggrin.gif ...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 28 2013, 12:40 PM) *

Really? rollinglaugh.gif is he useful in combat?
Grits
Right, so you know those little alchemy fish? You can kill them with spells! Then they float up to the surface. ohmy.gif
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 28 2013, 07:00 PM) *

Right, so you know those little alchemy fish? You can kill them with spells! Then they float up to the surface. ohmy.gif

You can also attack bugs with weapons and spells, and they'll die. The ingredients you get when you "harvest" them will fall on the floor!
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Feb 28 2013, 09:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 28 2013, 07:00 PM) *

You can also attack bugs with weapons and spells, and they'll die. The ingredients you get when you "harvest" them will fall on the floor!

Really?!
McBadgere
Oh yeah, I watched with great pride as my boy sliced several butterflies with a greatsword... dry.gif ...

Though, he did stop and collect the wings afterwards... biggrin.gif ...
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 28 2013, 08:31 PM) *

Oh yeah, I watched with great pride as my boy sliced several butterflies with a greatsword... dry.gif ...

Though, he did stop and collect the wings afterwards... biggrin.gif ...

You must be so proud salute.gif
Lady Saga
QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 28 2013, 10:00 PM) *

Holy *censored* no way! Seriously I had no idea. This is going to be so much more fun than trying to "harvest" them.

McBadgere
I've never seen a dungeon specific follower sneaking when I do...It was ace!!...There's me, J'zargo (obvs laugh.gif ), McSphereson (who I've found out is actually classed as a pet) and this new girl, Freya from the MQ in Dragonborn...

She sneaks!!...Yay!!...

SubRosa
Ulfdis was standing in the middle of Dragonbridge when a guard walked by her and paused. "Heard there are wolves up north." He said, the moved on.

In all my time playing Skyrim, I have never once heard that line of dialogue. It was even better considering that I was playing Ulfdis.
Lady Saga
Today (tonight, actually) I realized just how dynamic the "dynamic lighting" is in this game. A guard walked by Mycharonna in Whiterun. It was night and he was carrying a torch. I happened to be looking downwards into some water as he walked by, and for the first time noticed that the water was reflecting the torch's light in a different manner than the stone walkway was.

huh.gif

Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Mar 4 2013, 09:20 PM) *

Today (tonight, actually) I realized just how dynamic the "dynamic lighting" is in this game. A guard walked by Mycharonna in Whiterun. It was night and he was carrying a torch. I happened to be looking downwards into some water as he walked by, and for the first time noticed that the water was reflecting the torch's light in a different manner than the stone walkway was.

huh.gif

Gaming has come a very long way!
SubRosa
I am still amazed at how the light from torches and fires not only dynamically flickers and changes, but how the shadows they cast do the same in concert.
King Of Beasts
I just noticed that in Windhelm, ice-cycles hang off the roofs of some *of the houses blink.gif
SubRosa
I just found that the Magelight spell sets off bear traps and tripwires.
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 14 2013, 09:54 PM) *

Really?? I like to cast it onto people and have them light up, lol
Lady Saga
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 14 2013, 10:54 PM) *

WHAT//. Sorry. WHAT???? Seriously, I would have never guessed this!

Did you know that some traps can be picked up and moved?

Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Mar 15 2013, 12:16 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 14 2013, 10:54 PM) *

WHAT//. Sorry. WHAT???? Seriously, I would have never guessed this!

Did you know that some traps can be picked up and moved?

What?! Really?!
SubRosa
You can move bear traps. I never remember to do it though.
King Coin
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 15 2013, 04:56 PM) *

You can move bear traps. I never remember to do it though.

There would be more of a point to do it if they were more useful.
Lady Saga
I just learned we can make previously improved armor & weapons stronger. In other words, I had no idea it's possible to make superior-strength items into exquisite-strength ones!

EDIT: a couple vampires attacked as LHM and Mjoll stepped outside of Lakeview. I noticed as the attack was going on that another NPC was fighting the vamps, but it wasn't Marcurio and it wasn't Mjoll the Lioness. Who the heck is that helping out?

Turns out it was the carriage driver! laugh.gif LHM has a permanent carriage located in front of the manor house. I had no idea the driver can get off his carriage and help out with fights.

viking.gif

EDIT 2 (I'm having a gaming marathon today!) You were right, Grits: followers do use generic potions. smile.gif I've been keeping track of this, Mjoll just drank 4 of her 8 minor health potions after a good fight.
McBadgere
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Mar 16 2013, 05:24 PM) *

I just learned we can make previously improved armor & weapons stronger. In other words, I had no idea it's possible to make superior-strength items into exquisite-strength ones!

Really?...You've never got to Epic and Legendary ones?...It does depend on your smithing level and the perks you've got, but yes...Another "interesting" fact about the smithing levelling...If you have a sword, say Dwarven longsword and keep improving it as you go up through the levels, it will do more damage than one which you just pick up and improve at said upper level, simply because it's had the added improvements as you go up through...

Also, I think there should be new states beyond Legendary...I've got some of that smithing enchanted armour and rings and stuff...And if you put one item on and improve, with some of them, if you put another item on, you can improve again, then again, and finally with the blacksmith's philter potion, you can do it again...

This is why J'zirlo's weapons and armour is rated so high...*Sighs* wub.gif ...I love Smithing... laugh.gif ...

That's going to be the one I do with the 1.9 Legendary perk reset thing...*Rubs hands with glee...No...Not the show...*...
Lady Saga
laugh.gif Oh I knew weapons could be improved, but I didn't know an improved weapon could be improved again. I had assumed we only get one shot at it.

And yes, I am noticing in Haaf-Mersey's game that his improved weapons seem to be getting stronger than most of the standard enchanted weapons we can find. But I didn't know what you just said: that if we improve the same weapon over time, it winds up being stronger than a 'new' weapon we find and improve.

...phew...my head is spinning. wacko.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
What a world, right? XD
Lady Saga
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 17 2013, 09:19 AM) *

What a world, right? XD

Yeah, so true...I think I need to start gaming today. wink.gif

King Coin
QUOTE(McBadgere @ Mar 17 2013, 12:52 AM) *

keep improving it as you go up through the levels, it will do more damage than one which you just pick up and improve at said upper level, simply because it's had the added improvements as you go up through...

That I didn't know. Weird.
McBadgere
I think it's to do with the added weight of the extra ingots that have been added through the improvements...
SubRosa
QUOTE(McBadgere @ Mar 17 2013, 02:31 PM) *

I think it's to do with the added weight of the extra ingots that have been added through the improvements...

laugh.gif I have always wondered how five 1 pound iron ingots and three .1 pound leather strips make a suit of armor that weighs 30 pounds! whistling.gif
jack cloudy
I saw the carriage driver jump off his bench once and run for Whiterun. I turned to follow but then some vampires showed up. Being a Dawnguard with overpowered flaming everything, I showed them the light naturally. I never did find out where the driver stopped running though and waiting didn't bring him back so I had to take the slow route to Riften. (For clarification. I'm using mods that make normal citizens run from dragons and vampires instead of boxing with them. Doesn't work for Adrienne though)

And something tiny I 'discovered' when I was making my new character concept for potential fanficcing. We all know captain blowhard who insists on getting her daily quota of executions despite not having any idea who you are and why you got picked up. (Seriously, they even know Lokir! But you're a big blank and almost feel like an afterthought.)

We also all know that she has different responses to the player's race. From casual racism (lizard, cat) to rather neutral stuff. What I didn't know was how pissed she gets if you're an Imperial. "Next, the renegade from Cyrodiil!" mad.gif I guess she doesn't like having 'her' kind help the Stormcloaks. It is a tiny detail and the captain vanishes from the game within two minutes, but I like that bit of character it gives her.
Grits
Different colored wolves. Not the ice wolves, the regular wolves. I saw two reddish ones along with the usual black.

Has anyone else seen this?
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 20 2013, 07:19 PM) *

Different colored wolves. Not the ice wolves, the regular wolves. I saw two reddish ones along with the usual black.

Has anyone else seen this?

Yep!!
Grits
OK, then I'm glad I didn't tear the house apart looking for a camera to take a picture of my TV with the RED MIRACLE WOLVES on it! hehe.gif

Seriously, how have I never seen these before?! Still finding new things!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.