Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fallout 4 Mods
Chorrol.com > Mods > Fallout Series Mods
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 14 2017, 12:36 PM) *

Well, I made a post on the Nexus forums about it, and got a little more direction. What I really want to do is, turn the Concord Speakeasy (and if I get it to work, I'll possibly do more locations later) into a player home. There is a mod that already does that, but it's pre-configured and set up the way the author wanted it.

My dream is to drop a workshop in the basement, and treat it like a normal settlement with scrapping/cleanup needed before you can add stuff in to your own liking.

Your going to still have to give it a location (I think) and you'll run into issue with the existing floors because they don't have the "Workshop Stackable" keyword attached. So you'll have to disable many of them and replace them with once that work in Workshop mode.

I'm hoping it won't be too much more than that.

That sounds like an excellent idea. Plenty of rooms, cool bar, what's not to like?
Kane
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 14 2017, 03:00 PM) *
QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 14 2017, 12:36 PM) *

Well, I made a post on the Nexus forums about it, and got a little more direction. What I really want to do is, turn the Concord Speakeasy (and if I get it to work, I'll possibly do more locations later) into a player home. There is a mod that already does that, but it's pre-configured and set up the way the author wanted it.

My dream is to drop a workshop in the basement, and treat it like a normal settlement with scrapping/cleanup needed before you can add stuff in to your own liking.

Your going to still have to give it a location (I think) and you'll run into issue with the existing floors because they don't have the "Workshop Stackable" keyword attached. So you'll have to disable many of them and replace them with once that work in Workshop mode.

I'm hoping it won't be too much more than that.

That sounds like an excellent idea. Plenty of rooms, cool bar, what's not to like?

Exactly. I fell in love with it when I really paid attention to it's layout over the weekend. Nice sitting room at ground level, large basement for crafting and the workshop. Upstairs has plenty of bedrooms, a bathroom, and a storage room. It's a dream come true for a little players home!
SubRosa
I am thinking we should create a separate topic just for tips and tricks on using the Workshop. Even for the simplest things like finding out where you select the doghouse. I always have to Google that every time I try to build one.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Oh boy! There is a feature with one of the mods Khajiit is using (this one thinks it's Armorsmith Extended) that allows you to take legendary effects off of useless armor and add it to what ever you want! Works for guns too! No more legendary gear that I don't want to use because it's stuck to a [censored] item!
Kane
Oh yeah, that ability is a must. I took the kneecapper perk off of a rolling pin and applied it to my M1911. Makes dealing with crowds a cinch!
SubRosa
I saw that somewhere recently, but I cannot remember which mod it was. I have Armorsmith Extended, so I will see if I can do it the next time I am back at Home Plate.

btw. I tried out Homemaker, and it worked like a charm. Plenty of refrigerators to choose from, and all are working storage containers (unlike many of the fridges in the game, which will open their door when you click on them, but not store items like a normal container).
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 15 2017, 04:44 PM) *

btw. I tried out Homemaker, and it worked like a charm. Plenty of refrigerators to choose from, and all are working storage containers (unlike many of the fridges in the game, which will open their door when you click on them, but not store items like a normal container).

Good! Glad you found it useful!
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 13 2017, 10:49 PM) *

Has any one tried the Motorcycle mod?

I tried it. But I never even found the motorcycle. The mod broke my center camera .ini tweaks. So I had to delete it.
Kane
I feel like that would make the game world feel tiny.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 16 2017, 07:14 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 13 2017, 10:49 PM) *

Has any one tried the Motorcycle mod?

I tried it. But I never even found the motorcycle. The mod broke my center camera .ini tweaks. So I had to delete it.

QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 16 2017, 07:23 PM) *

I feel like that would make the game world feel tiny.

Khajiit tried it the other day. It didn't move very fast and just generally didn't work very well, imo.
SubRosa
Fallrim Tools = This is a handy save game editor that allows you to many things. I recently used it to view orphaned scripts and delete them. Much more easy to use than the other command line mod that did the same thing.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 16 2017, 08:58 PM) *

Fallrim Tools = This is a handy save game editor that allows you to many things. I recently used it to view orphaned scripts and delete them. Much more easy to use than the other command line mod that did the same thing.

What are orphaned scripts?
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 16 2017, 10:15 PM) *

That is when you install a mod that has a script. Even after you delete the mod, the script continues running in memory. Usually it does not work of course, but it still runs. That leads to save game bloat and unexplained crashes.

That is why I don't like mods with scripts, and often don't use them.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 16 2017, 10:34 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 16 2017, 10:15 PM) *

That is when you install a mod that has a script. Even after you delete the mod, the script continues running in memory. Usually it does not work of course, but it still runs. That leads to save game bloat and unexplained crashes.

That is why I don't like mods with scripts, and often don't use them.

Gotcha!
TheCheshireKhajiit
So, Khajiit was looking at the R91 in third person and noticed a weird square shaped "void" in the receiver. Also, some Gunners spawned with pink non-textured versions of the gun using something called "used wood stock" or something like that. Funny thing is, when it's applied to the gun it's called that, but when it is a mod in an inventory it's called "polymer stock". Something got crossways with it. Khajiit doesn't feel it needs yet another wood texture, so this one is going to see if he can delete it in the CK.

*Update
Reinstalling the textures manually seemed to fix the pink rifle issue. Still has the "void" though.
TheCheshireKhajiit
So umm, Khajiit's Antivirus decided that LOOT contains a malicious file, so it's blocked. How can Khajiit sort his load orders if LOOT is blocked?!
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 17 2017, 06:53 PM) *

So umm, Khajiit's Antivirus decided that LOOT contains a malicious file, so it's blocked. How can Khajiit sort his load orders if LOOT is blocked?!

You should be able to make an exception for it in you anti virus software. But failing that, just sort it yourself. I have never used LOOT. Since over half the mods I use are my own - and thusly it does not know what to do with them - it is useless to me.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 17 2017, 06:46 PM) *

You should be able to make an exception for it in you anti virus software. But failing that, just sort it yourself. I have never used LOOT. Since over half the mods I use are my own - and thusly it does not know what to do with them - it is useless to me.

How do you sort them yourself if you don't know what conflicts with what?
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 17 2017, 08:46 PM) *

Elementary my dear Watson. If you note that Mod A does not work when it is high in your load order, but it does when it is at the bottom of your load order, then obviously something in between is conflicting. Think of what Mod A does. Now think which of those between do the same? To get more specific information, just start the CK, go to each mod you are suspicious of and select it, and click the Details button. That will show you every single record that mod alters. Note that you don't have to actually load the mod in the CK to do this.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 17 2017, 09:10 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 17 2017, 08:46 PM) *

Elementary my dear Watson. If you note that Mod A does not work when it is high in your load order, but it does when it is at the bottom of your load order, then obviously something in between is conflicting. Think of what Mod A does. Now think which of those between do the same? To get more specific information, just start the CK, go to each mod you are suspicious of and select it, and click the Details button. That will show you every single record that mod alters. Note that you don't have to actually load the mod in the CK to do this.
Oh ok. Khajiit will give that a try if he runs into problems. Thanks!
TheCheshireKhajiit
A couple of stand alone bullpup rifles popped up recently on Nexus. One of them is a FAMAS! Khajiit generally likes the looks of this, but he is not so sure about the bipods you can get for the weapons.
Kane
Here's a good one, if you think the Legendary system is dumb:
No More Legendary Enemy Spawns
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 22 2017, 11:23 AM) *

Here's a good one, if you think the Legendary system is dumb:
No More Legendary Enemy Spawns

How do you get legendary weapons and armor if the enemies don't spawn? Some of those legendary items are very useful!
Kane
Well, there are a few hand placed ones that it doesn't affect, but there's a number of players out there who don't like the Legendary system. I know of a few that just ignore them, because they don't really fit the game world. It's almost like having enchanted guns.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Khajiit gets that with the ones that deal elemental damage (although Khajiit doesn't remember many complaints about the Chinese Pistol that set folks on fire in F3), but the ones like double shot, rapid fire, [insert monster here] slayer could be thought of as quirks that come up rarely in the world.
Kane
True dat! I'm okay with the legendary system. Most of my characters inevitably end up buying Overseer's Guardian, just to get the tow shot prefix.

Remy's sniper rifle in my survival build is an upgraded M14 w/ that effect. Together with her current perks, it deals 230 damage.

I think she has 3/5 Rifleman and one rank of Sandman.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 22 2017, 02:35 PM) *

True dat! I'm okay with the legendary system. Most of my characters inevitably end up buying Overseer's Guardian, just to get the tow shot prefix.

Remy's sniper rifle in my survival build is an upgraded M14 w/ that effect. Together with her current perks, it deals 230 damage.

No Ninja perk? That's like the first one Kim-Ly got, lol
Kane
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 22 2017, 05:59 PM) *
QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 22 2017, 02:35 PM) *

No Ninja perk? That's like the first one Kim-Ly got, lol

Not yet! My agility is only at 4, I think. I went for a broader build, rather than a specialized build. Right now, she is at -

S: 3
P: 4
E: 5
C: 6
I: 6
A: 4
L: 3

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 23 2017, 06:37 AM) *

Not yet! My agility is only at 4, I think. I went for a broader build, rather than a specialized build. Right now, she is at -

P: 4
E: 5
C: 6
I: 6
A: 4

Oh ok gotcha. Khajiit has a bad habit of metagaming the stats. He knows he can get the SPECIAL book and the perception bobblhead early so he skimps on Perception. Kim-Ly's starting stats were:
P: 3
E: 3
C: 4
I: 5
A: 7

Since then she's added +1 to Charisma via SPECIAL book, +1 to perception via bobblehead, and +1 to Intelligence by training perk.
Kane
I tend to metagame the SPECIAL book, too, but for endurance. I like getting the Aquaboy/girl perk early.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Has anyone here ever had a gun lock up in VATS? So, Kim-Ly is traveling around, hunting for Raiders with her trusty (or so we thought) AK 2047. Love this gun. Tweaked it a little in the CK to make it fire a little faster and dropped its damage down to be on par with a vanilla Assault Rifle. Well, when queing up multiple shots in VATS, the first shot fires and then, nothing. The slow motion interface continued to play but the follow up shots never fired. It's not the game either because we tested it with the R91 at Abernathy and it performed flawlessly so it must be something with the AK 2047. Perhaps when Khajiit tweaked the gun it caused a problem?
Kane
Definitely something with the AK. I used a minigun in VATS recently, and it worked perfectly.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 23 2017, 12:17 PM) *

Definitely something with the AK. I used a minigun in VATS recently, and it worked perfectly.

Love yer big boo!

Khajiit is going to read up on altering guns in CK to see if changing things will effect VATS performance.

*Update*
It definitely comes from altering the gun. Khajiit reinstalled the mod and the AK 2047 worked fine in VATS. Then when he went into the CK and reduced the damage and increased the rate of fire and went back to the game, it did the hang up thing again. This one is at a loss of why this would take place.
Kane
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 23 2017, 01:20 PM) *

Love yer big boo!

Khajiit is going to read up on altering guns in CK to see if changing things will effect VATS performance.

*Update*
It definitely comes from altering the gun. Khajiit reinstalled the mod and the AK 2047 worked fine in VATS. Then when he went into the CK and reduced the damage and increased the rate of fire and went back to the game, it did the hang up thing again. This one is at a loss of why this would take place.

Thanks!

Weird......wonder why it affects VATS.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 23 2017, 02:21 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 23 2017, 01:20 PM) *

Love yer big boo!

*Update*

Thanks!

Weird......wonder why it affects VATS.

No clue. Unless Subrosa or someone comes here with some insight, Khajiit is going to test it on the Combat Rifle (has the same stats) when he gets home tonight to see if it's something this one isn't doing right or the mod.
SubRosa
That is weird. Changing the damage would not effect VATS. How did you change the rate of fire? Was it by changing the Speed entry in the Game Data tab? Or did you go into the OMOD files for the Receivers, and change the fspeed Property Modifier? I think the latter is probably the ideal way to do it.

I am looking at the vanilla assault rifle, and the Standard Receiver (Semi-Auto) does not have the fspeed modifier at all in its OMOD.

The Fast Trigger Receiver does not have it either, but it does have fAttackDelaySec of -0.3333.

Then the Automatic Receivers have fspeed of 1.25.

I would try to set your Receiver OMODs to one of the three for Semi-Auto, faster Semi-Auto, and Full Auto.

One thing I have found to be handy is to look at the top of the OMOD list, and you will see a ton of entries named AAA_mod_Template_**** Those are handy to compare with and even directly copy for the OMODs in modded guns. You just have to make a copy, rename it, and change the Editor ID keyword for you new gun. I wish more modders had done this with their guns.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 23 2017, 04:26 PM) *

That is weird. Changing the damage would not effect VATS. How did you change the rate of fire? Was it by changing the Speed entry in the Game Data tab? Or did you go into the OMOD files for the Receivers, and change the fspeed Property Modifier? I think the latter is probably the ideal way to do it.

I am looking at the vanilla assault rifle, and the Standard Receiver (Semi-Auto) does not have the fspeed modifier at all in its OMOD.

The Fast Trigger Receiver does not have it either, but it does have fAttackDelaySec of -0.3333.

I would try to set your Receiver OMODs to one of the three for Semi-Auto, faster Semi-Auto, and Full Auto.

One thing I have found to be handy is to look at the top of the OMOD list, and you will see a ton of entries named AAA_mod_Template_**** Those are handy to compare with and even directly copy for the OMODs in modded guns. You just have to make a copy, rename it, and change the Editor ID keyword for you new gun. I wish more modders has done this with their guns.

Well, this one changed it on the gun itself's stats. Attack delay is the stat. This gun (like Combat Rifles), was set to .3 and Khajiit changed it to .25. Did what it was supposed to outside of VATS; it was definitely faster on the trigger.
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 23 2017, 07:21 PM) *

One thing I have found to be handy is to look at the top of the OMOD list, and you will see a ton of entries named AAA_mod_Template_**** Those are handy to compare with and even directly copy for the OMODs in modded guns. You just have to make a copy, rename it, and change the Editor ID keyword for you new gun. I wish more modders has done this with their guns.

Well, this one changed it on the gun itself's stats. Attack delay is the stat. This gun (like Combat Rifles), was set to .3 and Khajiit changed it to .25. Did what it was supposed to outside of VATS; it was definitely faster on the trigger.

Given what happened in VATS, I suggest putting the Attack Delay back to the original value, and change the OMODs instead.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 23 2017, 07:02 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 23 2017, 07:21 PM) *

Given what happened in VATS, I suggest putting the Attack Delay back to the original value, and change the OMODs instead.

Yeah, Khajiit will definitely try that. This one just presumed that attack speed would be the same like how it takes into consideration how different receivers cause different damage (like standard vs. automatic) when you simply change the base damage.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Ok, so looking at the AK2047, it says in game that the rate of fire= 0.

Looking at the object mods for the gun, Khajiit has no idea what any of this means.

*Update*
Ok this is frickin janky as hell! The mod works fine when you install it and play the game. However, if you go into the CK and save the mod (even without actually changing anything), it will change the fire rate on the in game stat list to 0 and will do the weird one shot VATS thing. Also, when first loading up the mod in the CK it displays this message.
SubRosa
Don't worry about the error message. Every mod will display about 400 - 500 or so at start up. It does not mean anything is wrong. That is just the way the Creation Kit is built. It will do the same just loading up the Fallout4.esm file.

The other part I am not sure about. I think I might have to download it to see what is happening.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 24 2017, 03:33 PM) *

The other part I am not sure about. I think I might have to download it to see what is happening.

It's very strange. Why would simply saving the mod in the CK affect the weapon?
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 24 2017, 07:30 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 24 2017, 03:33 PM) *

It's very strange. Why would simply saving the mod in the CK affect the weapon?

It should not. But that is one way that dirty edits happen. The Creation Kits are not the most stable toolsets.
TheCheshireKhajiit
In other news, Kim-Ly found an M9 pistol! It was invisible though so it looks like Khajiit needs to reinstall the meshes and textures
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 25 2017, 12:13 PM) *

In other news, Kim-Ly found an M9 pistol! It was invisible though

I could see how that would be handy in real life... wink.gif
SubRosa
I installed the AK 2047 mod, and tried changing the Attack Delay. It did the exact same thing in VATS: firing one shot, and then nothing. I have no idea why. I put it down to a 'feature' of the game.

But I found the default receiver - mod_AK2047_Rec_Def - and I added fAttackDelaySec of -0.3333 to the Property Modifiers. That worked fine in the game. The same as any Hair Trigger Receiver.

While I was at it I found a mistake in the mod. That default receiver is actually the most powerful damage receiver. In turn what is listed as the most powerful damage receiver is actually the weakest damage, and should be the default one. TBH, it looks like a poorly done mod, even in just the appearance. There are much better-looking AK mods out there.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 25 2017, 12:06 PM) *

I installed the AK 2047 mod, and tried changing the Attack Delay. It did the exact same thing in VATS: firing one shot, and then nothing. I have no idea why. I put it down to a 'feature' of the game.

But I found the default receiver - mod_AK2047_Rec_Def - and I added fAttackDelaySec of -0.3333 to the Property Modifiers. That worked fine in the game. The same as any Hair Trigger Receiver.

While I was at it I found a mistake in the mod. That default receiver is actually the most powerful damage receiver. In turn what is listed as the most powerful damage receiver is actually the weakest damage, and should be the default one. TBH, it looks like a poorly done mod, even in just the appearance. There are much better-looking AK mods out there.

Yeah the mod structure itself seems janky, though Khajiit actually likes the look of the gun, so different strokes in that respect. The texture is weird looking but there are some pretty good retextures for it. Kim-Ly discovered a Chinese Assault Rifle for sale at Arturo's so really she's just using the AK 2047 as a wallhanger.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Hey Subs, what "traits" mod do you use?
SubRosa
I use Traits for Fallout 4. It has two scripted points where it allows you to pick your traits. The first is when the Vault-Tec salesman comes to talk to you Pre War. But that causes all the dialogue to stop and just halts the game there. So I leave it turned off until after that. The next point it asks you to pick your traits is at the Vault Exit.

But you can still use it even if you are beyond that point. Just open the console and do a search on the word mutagen. Get the id for it, and then click on it in your inventory to use it. That will start the Trait selection process. You can do that any number of times in the game to add or remove traits.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 26 2017, 07:24 PM) *

I use Traits for Fallout 4. It has two scripted points where it allows you to pick your traits. The first is when the Vault-Tec salesman comes to talk to you Pre War. But that causes all the dialogue to stop and just halts the game there. So I leave it turned off until after that. The next point it asks you to pick your traits is at the Vault Exit.

But you can still use it even if you are beyond that point. Just open the console and do a search on the word mutagen. Get the id for it, and then click on it in your inventory to use it. That will start the Trait selection process. You can do that any number of times in the game to add or remove traits.

Does it play nice with Start Me Up? Also, if you take a trait that alters a SPECIAL stat, does it count towards your perk acquisition?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.