Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fallout 4 Mods
Chorrol.com > Mods > Fallout Series Mods
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
SubRosa
It works just fine with StartMeUp. I used both with Hecate with no problems. I do suggest you not use the traits from StartMeUp though.

I am not sure what you mean about counting towards perk acquisition? The traits you pick work like perks, and are listed with them. But taking traits won't prevent you from getting your 1 perk per level.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 26 2017, 09:06 PM) *

It works just fine with StartMeUp. I used both with Hecate with no problems. I do suggest you not use the traits from StartMeUp though.

I am not sure what you mean about counting towards perk acquisition? The traits you pick work like perks, and are listed with them. But taking traits won't prevent you from getting your 1 perk per level.

To the first, that is great news.

What Khajiit meant was, for instance, if you set your character's agility to 6 and then take Small Frame (which has a +1 to Agility, according to the mod description), will you be able to get Ninja right away or is it just an extra bonus such as with clothing (and therefore leaving agility level 7 perk Ninja locked)? This one is pretty sure that in New Vegas the trait bonuses counted towards unlocking perks.
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 26 2017, 10:39 PM) *

What Khajiit meant was, for instance, if you set your character's agility to 6 and then take Small Frame (which has a +1 to Agility, according to the mod description), will you be able to get Ninja right away or is it just an extra bonus such as with clothing (and therefore leaving agility level 7 perk Ninja locked)? This one is pretty sure that in New Vegas the trait bonuses counted towards unlocking perks.

Oh. I do not know. Try it and tell us how it works!
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 26 2017, 09:43 PM) *

Will do!

*update*
Encountered a glitch with it where if you are talking to the Vault-Tec rep at the beginning after you pick a trait or try to see what one does it exits the menu but not the dialogue interface but nobody is able to say anything. Start Me Up should be a great way around that because even if you want to follow Beth's story you can skip ahead to outside your cryo pod.

*update 2*
Well Traits for Fallout4 doesn't make the SPECIAL bonus count towards perks either. Don't need two different mods that do the same thing and Start Me Up does so much more, so this one is deleting Traits for Fallout4.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Does anyone here use this mod or any others by this author?
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 26 2017, 10:45 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 26 2017, 09:43 PM) *

Will do!

*update*
Encountered a glitch with it where if you are talking to the Vault-Tec rep at the beginning after you pick a trait or try to see what one does it exits the menu but not the dialogue interface but nobody is able to say anything. Start Me Up should be a great way around that because even if you want to follow Beth's story you can skip ahead to outside your cryo pod.

*update 2*
Well Traits for Fallout4 doesn't make the SPECIAL bonus count towards perks either. Don't need two different mods that do the same thing and Start Me Up does so much more, so this one is deleting Traits for Fallout4.

be cautious with the traits from startmeup. I tried using the four eyes trait from it, and it did not work. it did not recognize her glasses as being glasses, even though they were a pair of vanilla glasses.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 28 2017, 03:54 PM) *

Does anyone here use this mod or any others by this author?

I tried the If-88 from a standalone mod, and it did not do anything for me. I don't recall any issues with it though.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 28 2017, 05:24 PM) *

be caurious with the trats from startmeup. i tried using the four eyes frait from it, and it did not work. it did not recognize her glasses as being glasses, even though they were a pair of vanilla glasses.
Yeah Khajiit decided to keep it after all!
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 28 2017, 05:24 PM) *

i tried the if-88 from a standalone mod, and it did not do anything for me. i don't recall any issues with it though.
Good to know. Was just curious if it was worth downloading.
TheCheshireKhajiit
In absence of a true SKS mod, Khajiit will be trying the SVT 40 mod.
SubRosa
I have that one too, though I have not actually used it yet. The textures are outstanding. The same modder made the M1 Garand mod.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 29 2017, 11:36 AM) *

I have that one too, though I have not actually used it yet. The textures are outstanding. The same modder made the M1 Garand mod.

Yeah Khajiit may pick up the Garand as well.
SubRosa
Regent - Standalone Sword = Adds an outstanding longsword to the game.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 1 2017, 08:27 PM) *

Khajiit has never been too keen on the melee combat in Fallout4. The few times he tried it, it just felt clunky to him.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Snap! Found a unique SVT-40 rifle during my travels near Diamond City! Love this gun! It's so well done! Can't say enough good about the sounds, look and feel of the gun! Very good!
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 1 2017, 10:03 PM) *

Khajiit has never been too keen on the melee combat in Fallout4. The few times he tried it, it just felt clunky to him.

Melee combat is clunky, especially compared to Skyrim or even Oblivion. I did find one thing that helps. By adding "Anims1hmShortWeapon" to your weapon's keywords field. Don't remove the other animation keywords, just add that one as well. That gives you a much faster attack. It may not sound like much, but makes melee combat dramatically better. Persephone used to struggle with Mirelurks. Fighting just one would literally take minutes. After adding that keyword to Malediction it is over in 5 -10 seconds.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 8 2017, 07:47 PM) *

Melee combat is clunky, especially compared to Skyrim or even Oblivion. I did find one thing that helps. By adding "Anims1hmShortWeapon" to your weapon's keywords field. Don't remove the other animation keywords, just add that one as well. That gives you a much faster attack. It may not sound like much, but makes melee combat dramatically better. Persephone used to struggle with Mirelurks. Fighting just one would literally take minutes. After adding that keyword to Malediction it is over in 5 -10 seconds.

So it basically gives all weapons (that you add the line to) the speed of, say, a combat knife?
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 8 2017, 09:49 PM) *

So it basically gives all weapons (that you add the line to) the speed of, say, a combat knife?

Yes. I found the Anims1HMWeapon that most one-handed melee weapons use makes them too slow to really fight with. The time between you clicking the button to attack and your character actually swinging their sword is so long that half the time the enemy has moved out of range and you miss completely. Or they block it with ease. It makes melee combat really frustrating.

But the quicker animation fixes that. You can actually hit people before they move around you or back up. There is also a Stab animation keyword you can add as well, that gives you some nice thrusts too. By using the standard Anims1HMWeapon keyword, plus the ShortWeapon keyword, and the stab, you get a nice variety in moves.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 8 2017, 10:59 PM) *

Yes. I found the Anims1HMWeapon that most one-handed melee weapons use makes them too slow to really fight with. The time between you clicking the button to attack and your character actually swinging their sword is so long that half the time the enemy has moved out of range and you miss completely. Or they block it with ease. It makes melee combat really frustrating.

But the quicker animation fixes that. You can actually hit people before they move around you or back up. There is also Stab animation keyword you can add as well, that gives you some nice thrusts too. By using the standard Anims1HMWeapon keyword, plus the ShortWeapon keyword, and the stab, you get a nice variety in moves.
A stab? Is it just a variation of the normal attack? Khajiit thinks he's noticed it on the switchblade
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 9 2017, 12:20 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 8 2017, 10:59 PM) *

But the quicker animation fixes that. You can actually hit people before they move around you or back up. There is also Stab animation keyword you can add as well, that gives you some nice thrusts too. By using the standard Anims1HMWeapon keyword, plus the ShortWeapon keyword, and the stab, you get a nice variety in moves.
A stab? Is it just a variation of the normal attack? Khajiit thinks he's noticed it on the switchblade

As far as I can tell it is just a different animation for a normal attack. So instead of sweeping the sword from one side or another you thrust it. But as far as I know it does the same damage.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 9 2017, 11:38 AM) *

As far as I can tell it is just a different animation for a normal attack. So instead of sweeping the sword from one side or another you thrust it. But as far as I know it does the same damage.

Oh ok, yeah, that sounds familiar. Still, any variation (even if it is just for looks) is welcome.

New question. SubRosa, you use Eli's Armor Compendium right?
SubRosa
I do use Eli's Armor. I think it is where Persephone's camo jumpsuit comes from.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 9 2017, 01:52 PM) *

I do use Eli's Armor. I think it is where Persephone's camo jumpsuit comes from.

Ok, so Khajiit can not get the outfits to conform to Kim-Ly's shape, even when using Bodyslide. We use the CBBE vanilla setting which is supposed to be closer to Vanilla (which the mod description says the mod was made for vanilla primarily). Kim-Ly's settings have the dot all the way to the left and about halfway up the left side of the triangle, with a decrease in shoulder width using the advanced setting in Looks Menu. It's like from the shoulders down to her hips are all one width when she puts on an Eli outfit, but the vanilla clothing actually conforms to her shape. Do you have this problem?
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 9 2017, 03:23 PM) *

Ok, so Khajiit can not get the outfits to conform to Kim-Ly's shape, even when using Bodyslide. We use the CBBE vanilla setting which is supposed to be closer to Vanilla (which the mod description says the mod was made for vanilla primarily). Kim-Ly's settings have the dot all the way to the left and about halfway up the left side of the triangle, with a decrease in shoulder width using the advanced setting in Looks Menu. It's like from the shoulders down to her hips are all one width when she puts on an Eli outfit, but the vanilla clothing actually conforms to her shape. Do you have this problem?

I never really noticed. I never used Bodyslide, or any body mods. That sounds like a question for the mod's comments page.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 9 2017, 03:11 PM) *

I never really noticed. I never used Bodyslide, or any body mods. That sounds like a question for the mod's comments page.

Oh! Khajiit thought you did use a body mod. Seemed like Elecktra's shape was way different than Vanilla.
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 9 2017, 04:45 PM) *

Oh! Khajiit thought you did use a body mod. Seemed like Elecktra's shape was way different than Vanilla.

That might just be the Nano Suit. Maybe it was made for one of the body mods. I am really not sure.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 9 2017, 05:34 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 9 2017, 04:45 PM) *

That might just be the Nano Suit. Maybe it was made for one of the body mods. I am really not sure.

Ooooh ok
SubRosa
Jetpacks FAO - is a mod that adds standalone jetpacks. They come in a couple of different styles, and each style has numerous colors.

SF Combat Armor and Jetpacks - is by the same author. It adds a good looking suit of combat armor that comes in light, medium, and heavy flavors, and again many color schemes. It even has the option to add decals for factions and a few other things.

Craftable Display Shelves - by Elianora adds shelves to display bobbleheads, nuka cola, and robot models. I use it for the option of something different than a bobblehead stand.

Sanctuary Bunker Player Home - also by Elianora. It adds a really cool little underground bunker home to live out behind the Sanctuary player home. It looks too nice and clean and perfectly-preserved for me. But it is well done, so other folks might want it.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 23 2017, 06:53 PM) *

Jetpacks FAO - is a mod that adds standalone jetpacks. They come in a couple of different styles, and each style has numerous colors.

SF Combat Armor and Jetpacks - is by the same author. It adds a good looking suit of combat armor that comes in light, medium, and heavy flavors, and again many color schemes. It even has the option to add decals for factions and a few other things.

Craftable Display Shelves - by Elianora adds shelves to display bobbleheads, nuka cola, and robot models. I use it for the option of something different than a bobblehead stand.

Sanctuary Bunker Player Home - also by Elianora. It adds a really cool little underground bunker home to live out behind the Sanctuary player home. It looks too nice and clean and perfectly-preserved for me. But it is well done, so other folks might want it.

STANDALONE JETPACKS?!! Without having to be in power armor?! Khajiit can make like Boba Fett?!! That'd be so cool!!!

This one would like the bobblehead shelf but really isn't too interested in a super clean bunker home unless it was in the Institute or some other reasonable place. Sanctuary wouldn't be on Khajiit's list of reasonable places for a pristine bunker.
Kane
This one looks pretty fun: Improvised Melee Weapons.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Cain @ Apr 28 2017, 07:51 AM) *

This one looks pretty fun: Improvised Melee Weapons.

Khajiit likes the sound of the other mod mentioned in this one too.
SubRosa
Same Sex Couples and LGBT Families = allows you to start the game as a same sex couple. Right now it is only girl on girl, but a M2M version is in the works. I have not tried starting a new game with it yet, but it sounds great.

FizzShop Grille - Fizztop Grille Workshop = adds a workbench to the Fizz Shop Grille in Nuka World, so it is a fully-functional settlement.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 15 2017, 07:01 PM) *

Same Sex Couples and LGBT Families = allows you to start the game as a same sex couple. Right now it is only girl on girl, but a M2M version is in the works. I have not tried starting a new game with it yet, but it sounds great.

FizzShop Grille - Fizztop Grille Workshop = adds a workbench to the Fizz Shop Grille in Nuka World, so it is a fully-functional settlement.

It is good someone added these options. Khajiit is still not sure what BGS was thinking by forcing such a restrictive story on the player.
SubRosa
Console Name Fix = is a F4SE plugin that makes the game display the name of objects you click on while in the console.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Does anyone here know if somebody made a Fallout3 raider armor mod for Fallout 4?
SubRosa
I have not seen the FO3 style Raider armor, but there is Raider Overhaul. It adds more raider armors, but also makes raiders in general more dangerous.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 24 2017, 08:28 PM) *

I have not seen the FO3 style Raider armor, but there is Raider Overhaul. It adds more raider armors, but also makes raiders in general more dangerous.

Thanks! Might have to check it out!

Ooh! Found a mod that adds different variations of the Harness!
TheCheshireKhajiit
Has anyone here ever tried Mutant Powers? Khajiit has an awesome idea for a supernatural type character and wonders if others have used this mod.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Also, this one wants to make a new article of clothing (specifically, a top hat) with the Creation Kit using an existing Fallout4 Bethesda mesh (Oswald's Tuxedo Hat) and some textures found on Nexus. What is involved with that? Was looking at it and it seemed involved. Got confused on where to put the new item in at, how this relates to the tabs "Armor Add-ons" and "Outfits".
SubRosa
I saw mutant powers, but it did more than I wanted to. If it had just been something that allowed you to pick a mutant power I might have tried it. But I didn't want other people having powers, having to kill them to get their powers, and generally turning the Fallout world into the X-Men.

Creating a new item from an existing mesh and textures is one of the easier things to do. The simplest way is to keep the same names and folder structure the meshes and textures had before. Because the mesh file has a list inside it with the path\name of every texture it uses. So if you change the name or folder the textures are in, the mesh cannot find them.

So copy your meshes and textures to your Data folder. Open the Creation Kit, and find another hat. Change the ID and Name to what you want for your new tophat. It is good to start all IDs with a 0, because that way it is always at the top of every list and easy to find. Delete whatever is in the ArmorAddon field. Keep the Keywords as they are. Make sure Playable is checked. Save and close that.

Now go to the ArmorAddons. Again pick one for a hat and change its ID to what you want for your new hat. You will see a Biped Model field for male and female. On each click on the Select button. A Model Data window pops up. On the top you will see the path and name of the mesh file. Click on Edit and go through the folders to find your new tophat mesh and select it. When it comes back to the Model Data window you will see a preview of the mesh. It might be all red and lacking the texture. Don't worry, that happens a lot when you first select a new mesh. It does not mean it will look that way in the game. Click OK to close, and do the same with the ArmorAddon record.

Now go back and open the Armor record for your hat. Go to the ArmorAddon field, left-click, click on New, and select your new ArmorAddon. You might want to look in the Biped field. You will see things like Headband, Eyes, Beard, Mouth, etc... are selected. Those are the slots on the wearer's body that the hat will fill. That means nothing else using the same slots can be equipped. So if you have Eyes selected, you cannot wear glasses and the hat at the same time. It is a good idea to remove all but Hair Top and Headband. But keep at least one thing selected.

Save and close and you are done.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 6 2017, 11:20 AM) *

I saw mutant powers, but it did more than I wanted to. If it had just been something that allowed you to pick a mutant power I might have tried it. But I didn't want other people having powers, having to kill them to get their powers, and generally turning the Fallout world into the X-Men.

Creating a new item from an existing mesh and textures is one of the easier things to do. The simplest way is to keep the same names and folder structure the meshes and textures had before. Because the mesh file has a list inside it with the path\name of every texture it uses. So if you change the name or folder the textures are in, the mesh cannot find them.

So copy your meshes and textures to your Data folder. Open the Creation Kit, and find another hat. Change the ID and Name to what you want for your new tophat. It is good to start all IDs with a 0, because that way it is always at the top of every list and easy to find. Delete whatever is in the ArmorAddon field. Keep the Keywords as they are. Make sure Playable is checked. Save and close that.

Now go to the ArmorAddons. Again pick one for a hat and change its ID to what you want for your new hat. You will see a Biped Model field for male and female. On each click on the Select button. A Model Data window pops up. On the top you will see the path and name of the mesh file. Click on Edit and go through the folders to find your new tophat mesh and select it. When it comes back to the Model Data window you will see a preview of the mesh. It might be all red and lacking the texture. Don't worry, that happens a lot when you first select a new mesh. It does not mean it will look that way in the game. Click OK to close, and do the same with the ArmorAddon record.

Now go back and open the Armor record for your hat. Go to the ArmorAddon field, left-click, click on New, and select your new ArmorAddon. You might want to look in the Biped field. You will see things like Headband, Eyes, Beard, Mouth, etc... are selected. Those are the slots on the wearer's body that the hat will fill. That means nothing else using the same slots can be equipped. So if you have Eyes selected, you cannot wear glasses and the hat at the same time. It is a good idea to remove all but Hair Top and Headband. But keep at least one thing selected.

Save and close and you are done.

Thanks SubRosa. This will be very handy when Khajiit goes to make his hat!

Re: Mutant Powers
Yeah, this one does not like that others will have powers too. The character Khajiit has in mind should be the only one around with powers. Otherwise, he would be nothing special.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Quick question, how do New items determine what texture to use?
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 6 2017, 05:02 PM) *

The textures used are specified within the mesh file itself. You have to use something like Nifskope to open them and see the names. That is why I said it is easier not to change the names or file paths of the textures.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 6 2017, 05:29 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 6 2017, 05:02 PM) *

The textures used are specified within the mesh file itself. You have to use something like Nifskope to open them and see the names. That is why I said it is easier not to change the names or file paths of the textures.

Oh ok, gotcha.
TheCheshireKhajiit
One more question. SubRosa, do you alter textures (simple color changes and what not) in Fallout4 and if so what program do you use to do that?
Kane
Cainboo recently started using these two and loves them:

Crafting Workbench Blueprints - Don't want to have six charisma and local leader 2 to build a stove? Buy the blueprints from a vendor instead!

Easy Supply Lines - Changes the perk requirement for supply lines to Cap Collector 1.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Cain @ Aug 7 2017, 07:11 AM) *

Crafting Workbench Blueprints - Don't want to have six charisma and local leader 2 to build a stove? Buy the blueprints from a vendor instead!

Easy Supply Lines - Changes the perk requirement for supply lines to Cap Collector 1.

So basically you've eliminated the need to take local leader, lol
Kane
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 7 2017, 10:25 AM) *

Pretty much. What started this is Roxie - she has 7 intelligence, but only 3 charisma. It makes zero sense to me that while building her workshop in Sanctuary, she couldn't build a cooking stove. That should fall under intelligence, instead of charisma.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Cain @ Aug 7 2017, 09:43 AM) *

Pretty much. What started this is Roxie - she has 7 intelligence, but only 3 charisma. It makes zero sense to me that while building her workshop in Sanctuary, she couldn't build a cooking stove. That should fall under intelligence, instead of charisma.

Khajiit agrees. Beth made a few choices that seem bizarre to this one. Like for instance, why does the combat rifle shoot .45 rounds? It's obviously modeled after a BAR which shoots .30-06 rounds. Yes you can get a receiver that shoots .308 but the standard round should have been a 5.56. You know, a rifle round, lol.
Kane
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 7 2017, 11:11 AM) *

Khajiit agrees. Beth made a few choices that seem bizarre to this one. Like for instance, why does the combat rifle shoot .45 rounds? It's obviously modeled after a BAR which shoots .30-06 rounds. Yes you can get a receiver that shoots .308 but the standard round should have been a 5.56. You know, a rifle round, lol.

Yep, that one makes you wonder, too. They even had the 5.56 caliber in-game already, so why not do that and make some kind of .45 handgun instead?
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Cain @ Aug 7 2017, 10:39 AM) *

Yep, that one makes you wonder, too. They even had the 5.56 caliber in-game already, so why not do that and make some kind of .45 handgun instead?

Definitely. And what's up with the Tommy gun being so weak? Compare it to the 10mm full auto and it's inferior to the 10mm in almost every way. Khajiit made a mod specifically for weapon tweaks.
Kane
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 7 2017, 11:47 AM) *

QUOTE(Cain @ Aug 7 2017, 10:39 AM) *

Definitely. And what's up with the Tommy gun being so weak? Compare it to the 10mm full auto and it's inferior to the 10mm in almost every way. Khajiit made a mod specifically for weapon tweaks.

Yeah, the Tommy Gun is a really big head scratcher. It has the same base damage as an auto pipe rifle. Why bother with it, when .38 ammo is much more abundant?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.