Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Fallout Screenshot Thread
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Fallout Games Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49
Acadian
Fun screehshots of Blondie and her hairstyle does indeed look familiar.

Regarding the language embedded in the screenshots:

At this point, we’re not going to censor or remove any of the content, and ask folks to bear in mind Lopov’s warning. That said, if we note any objections to the content (via PM to a mod, reporting the post or mentioning in the thread) by any of our members, we’ll ask that select portions of the content be removed. While loathe to censor creativity, I’d like to strongly discourage the presence of words or other content that cross the subjective line between ‘bad’ and ‘vulgar’. For example, in parts of English speaking Europe, the ‘c’ word is merely ‘bad’. In the US, however, it is decidedly ‘vulgar’.
Lopov
Understood, and I agree. Since this is primarily the screenshot thread, I'll remove the dialogue screenies myself, they don't really show scenery of any kind, just quotes from the mod author of the New Vegas Bounties. Hopefully no one was offended. smile.gif
Renee
Everything's good here, nothing to see, move along please.

I am getting back with a character I rolled ... what? ... last year? Two years ago? Hold on, be right back. rolleyes.gif Okay I rolled her last year. July 20, 2019. And I am finally getting into her head lately.

Please meet Miss Vicious Delicious.

She begins her days leaving that "Starter Shack" in the background, somewhere on the west side of the Capitol Wasteland. I used Alternate Start - Roleplayer's to get her out here. And as we can see from the look on her face, she is rather displeased to have nothing to wear but that stuffy Parkstroller Outfit. mad.gif

One thing's for sure. With a timescale set to 10 and all the time in the world, she's got herself one bright future.

Cheers.
SubRosa
She is looking Deelicious.
Lopov
Nothing's better than a combination of a business suit and a tire iron. laugh.gif
Acadian
I wonder what kind of business the Licious one will get into in the badlands?
SubRosa
QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 25 2020, 04:13 PM) *

I suspect a hostile takeover. In the very least some redistribution of wealth.
Renee
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 25 2020, 04:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 25 2020, 04:13 PM) *

I suspect a hostile takeover. In the very least some redistribution of wealth.

Nice. What a compliment! wub.gif

Acadian
That's a great shot of Blondie through the campfire.

Oh noes, not Guts! Sic 'em Blondie!

And a nice Lopov shot of Blondie behind the sights of her weapon.
SubRosa
Blondie is back! I can hear The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly theme whenever I look at her pics.

So Guts is now a... hot dog? wink.gif
Renee
Are they wearing masks in some pics? Also, it looks like you've got overcast skies in that campfire picture. That's gotta be a mod. I never see overcast skies in Linda's vanilla game.

Yeah, don't **** with her dog!

Vicious and the Nuka Cola lady ... the alternate start I used put her near Sierra Petrovika's shack, and wow, she gives one heck of a tour. She knows all about Nuka Cola, folks.

Killing a bloatfly

Edit: You folks all don't have to comment today. It's just filler, these latest pics. I'll let you know when her story really gets good!
Acadian
A Nuka Cola tour lady! Very cool!
macole
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 26 2020, 06:21 PM) *

Blondie is back! I can hear The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly theme whenever I look at her pics.

Thought you might like this one.
SubRosa
Renee: Thank goodness the fly wasn't in the cola!

macole: I know that one!
Lopov
@Acadian - although Guts is way more powerful than a regular canine companion, strong enemies like deathclaws still pose a threat to him. But in the worst possible case he's knocked unconscious. wink.gif

@SubRosa - LoL @ hot dog! biggrin.gif

@Renee - yes, they have masks in some pics. They're vanilla and offer advanced radiation resistance. Weather changes that you're seeing, are the effect of FNV Realistic Wasteland Lightning.

Mrs. Vicious Business kills a bloatfly with a tire iron. Prieceless! laugh.gif

---

Under the killing Moon

Guts'd like to order

The coolest and sexiest character in the Mojave - in eyes of Blondie

Blondie & Kiyoko

Blondie aims

Blondie hits

Under the killing Sun
SubRosa
Blondie is under a raging moon

Kiyoko is rocking that hair and mask.

Who is that guy in the suit? Blondie's lawyer?

Awesome final pic of the derezzing Deathclaw.
Acadian
Under a killing moon. . . where's the other moon? Oh, wait, you earthlings only have one.

What a clever looking mask on Kiyoko. And she's sporting quite the doo as well.

Looks like Guts would like a beer.

SubRosa's right - great shot under the killing sun.
Lopov
@SubRosa - the guy in the suit was some high-ranking NCR businessman that was secretly dealing with the Scorpions.

@Acadian - Kiyoko has a great mask, I agree. A real work of art.

---

Unusual guests on the Strip

"Watch out for trains, Guts."

"Dogs not allowed inside, pal."

"Sure. I can go in alone."

"Check on your pals, pal."
Acadian
It is always fun seeing FONV shots of the Strip.

Looking at the condition of those train tracks, I bet Guts doesn't have much to worry about.

Blondie makes pretty short work of that guy's 'pals'. tongue.gif
SubRosa
Secretly dealing with the Scorpions? Rock him like a hurricane!

Guts is riding the railroads!

What, they don't serve droids dogs?

I love how she just walked away after what she did inside! laugh.gif
Renee
I made this video at the beginning of summer.

Cho Zen Wan deals with the Aqua Pura Lady

He loses his temper with the lady, and unfortunately he could not persuade her to stop distributing her poisonous water. indifferent.gif It makes for a disturbing video, at least.

SubRosa
It's neat that there is a dialogue option where you can mention blowing up the bomb in Megaton.

I do not think there is a way to talk her down. I never managed it with any of my characters. She is a cultist, there is no changing that.
Renee
I think if Cho had chosen that Science option early in the dialog maybe he would have gotten somewhere. Not sure. Linda is really good at Speech, but she is in Vegas.

But one option he did not choose was the bomb one, since he has absolutely no intention of destroying the first habitation he encountered after leaving 101.
SubRosa
Loviatar is still my only character to ever blow up Megaton. She preferred it afterward.
Acadian
Interesting vid. I confess my FO knowledge is too thin to provide much context though. tongue.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
Renee, do you play with the targeting reticle off?
Renee
Khajiit: The reticle is on, but my HUD is usually pretty dim. smile.gif In fact, Cho seems to be a rather bad shot, right? It's because he's using a distance gun in close quarters. I should make a video of him sniping. He's really good at that.

Acadian: It's okay. The main thing which got me back in 2013, when I first tried Fallout 3: the game is not just about guns and bombs and radiation.. that's the main thing which surprised me about it. It's got loads of humor and the usual Bethesda situational character moments, too. But the humor! There are times I laugh so hard at some things NPCs say (or silly billboards, or just odd situations) I have to pause the game.

Fallout is similar to Elder Scrolls in a way (for me), in the sense that I can roll a character who does not always take part in combat. I have a character in Goodsprings (New Vegas) for instance who mostly just scavenges. She might only shoot at a gecko, if she's hungry.

Florens: Yes, I could see Loviatar being the one to pull the switch to Megaton!
SubRosa
QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 26 2020, 01:15 PM) *

Fallout is similar to Elder Scrolls in a way (for me), in the sense that I can roll a character who does not always take part in combat. I have a character in Goodsprings (New Vegas) for instance who mostly just scavenges. She might only shoot at a gecko, if she's hungry.

I believe the official term is toon...
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 26 2020, 12:15 PM) *

Khajiit: The reticle is on, but my HUD is usually pretty dim. smile.gif In fact, Cho seems to be a rather bad shot, right? It's because he's using a distance gun in close quarters. I should make a video of him sniping. He's really good at that.

Oh ok! I couldn’t see the reticle, and, lol, yeah it appeared Cho was having difficulty aiming.
macole
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 26 2020, 03:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 26 2020, 01:15 PM) *

I believe the official term is toon...

The Jandaga take exception to the term toon He much prefers The Toon. laugh.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
I’m not a fan of the term “toon”. Makes me think of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, lol. It’s fine for a movie but I don’t think of my characters as cartoons.
Renee
I hear ya, Khajiit. It doesn't seem appropriate to call our beloved people toons, right? laugh.gif

For me, the whole toon thing began as an inside joke, at least between Lopov and I and maybe a couple others. We'd never used that term before. But then, a prominent member of the old Bethesda forums was ranting one day about how he spent so much time playing WoW. After years, he'd come to loathe the terms "toon", avatar, "tank", "caster", "beat the game"... there was a whole list of terms, and he was really going off. laugh.gif I dunno. I found it sort of funny, and I think he was ranting in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way. So if you see me saying toon, it's still an inside joke!

Let me see if I can find any more pics. Get this derailed car back on track. biggrin.gif Okay, again these are Cho Zen Wan pics. He was invading Tanleytown Metro Station (or maybe it was Friendly Metro...). I wrote a series of repeatable quests featuring fun places to raid. Pwn the boss (more gamer terms...) and he gets paid back at Citadel.

Arrival

Rebuilding America's Future Today!

Agh. This coffee tastes like [censored]. Need some more whiskey.

Tanleytown Dominator -- (This is the respawning boss I added. Leveled Lists gave him a rocket launcher + hockey mask. Now that's a combination, right?)

Cho sets a Plasma Mine

BZZT!!!!

It's go time!

Cho went into hiding while trying to find a good sniping spot. The Tanleytown Dominator then began a massive search, and wound up stepping into supermutant terrirory.

If only you will you just... Stand.... STILL!!!

Ruralllreagh!

I'm getting out of here!

That's how it ended. Cho managed to get some shots off, hitting both the mutant and the Dominator, but it was the supermutie who finished the Tanleytown Dominator.
Acadian
Fun pix, Renee! Looks like a scary place. Glad that Cho got some help by his foes going for each other.
SubRosa
QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 27 2020, 12:06 PM) *

I hear ya, Khajiit. It doesn't seem appropriate to call our beloved people toons, right? laugh.gif

For me, the whole toon thing began as an inside joke, at least between Lopov and I and maybe a couple others. We'd never used that term before. But then, a prominent member of the old Bethesda forums was ranting one day about how he spent so much time playing WoW. After years, he'd come to loathe the terms "toon", avatar, "tank", "caster", "beat the game"... there was a whole list of terms, and he was really going off. laugh.gif I dunno. I found it sort of funny, and I think he was ranting in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way. So if you see me saying toon, it's still an inside joke!

Let me see if I can find any more pics. Get this derailed car back on track. biggrin.gif Okay, again these are Cho Zen Wan pics. He was invading Tanleytown Metro Station (or maybe it was Friendly Metro...). I wrote a series of repeatable quests featuring fun places to raid. Pwn the boss (more gamer terms...) and he gets paid back at Citadel.

Arrival

Rebuilding America's Future Today!

Agh. This coffee tastes like [censored]. Need some more whiskey.

Tanleytown Dominator -- (This is the respawning boss I added. Leveled Lists gave him a rocket launcher + hockey mask. Now that's a combination, right?)

Cho sets a Plasma Mine

BZZT!!!!

It's go time!

Cho went into hiding while trying to find a good sniping spot. The Tanleytown Dominator then began a massive search, and wound up stepping into supermutant terrirory.

If only you will you just... Stand.... STILL!!!

Ruralllreagh!

I'm getting out of here!

That's how it ended. Cho managed to get some shots off, hitting both the mutant and the Dominator, but it was the supermutie who finished the Tanleytown Dominator.

Yep, that was PseronWyrd. He hated people rolling toons to b3@t teh game with. Which only made us want to use the term even more. f3@R M3 n00b$! All your base are belong to us! laugh.gif

I remember that raider base. It is the one at the northern end of the line of subway lines that runs from Rivet City, clear through the DC Ruins, to the wasteland in the north. That is always a tough one to crack. There is usually someone in there with a rocket launcher or flamethrower.

Oh, getting the boss to fight super-mutants is great! Boom!
TheCheshireKhajiit
Fun pics!

Subbie commented in another thread that she’s feeling drawn towards Fallout3 due to your pics. I’m feeling the pull too!
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 27 2020, 09:29 PM) *

Fun pics!

Subbie commented in another thread that she’s feeling drawn towards Fallout3 due to your pics. I’m feeling the pull too!

Yes, Renee's pics are calling to me like potato chips in the night. Come to me! Come!
mirocu
QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 27 2020, 06:06 PM) *

"Now you just sit here and wait, understand?"

biggrin.gif

Nice set of pics, Renee. Haven't lost your touch, I see happy.gif
Renee
I miss Pseron Wyrd. smile.gif He could be abrasive at times, but in his own way he could also be fun / funny. He is a member here at Chorrol (along with glargg and a whole slew of others) and he did post here for awhile. Now he's a moderator in the new forums, and he's pretty good at it in my opinion. Very professional. He no longer rants about toons or b34t!nG d@ g4m3. laugh.gif

Jan's hair has a tinge of reddish in the CW.

Where did you find her outfit? I always ask that question.

She looks sad in the final picture. I get it. The Capitol Wasteland can be a depressing place.

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 31 2020, 01:25 AM) *

Neat pics! So what mod/mods do you use to get those different poses, like the one where she is holding the bottle or sitting on the dock? Also, what kind of gun is a Regulator?

@Renee:
If I’m not mistaken, Jan is wearing the stealth armor from NV.
Acadian
There's Jan, hanging out in the badlands in her steel-nipple armor and chillin' with a pop. And she meets Robbie the Robot! Renee is right. I too noticed the increased gold/red in her hair as wells as what seems to be a 'poutier' look to her.
macole
Having never played FO3 and very little of FO4 I find the pictures interesting to look at. I'm assuming these are from Fallout 3?
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(macole @ Aug 31 2020, 04:07 PM) *

I’m assuming these are from Fallout 3?

Yep, though she’s running mods that add things like poses and weapons and armor from NV.
SubRosa
QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 31 2020, 09:14 AM) *

I miss Pseron Wyrd. smile.gif He could be abrasive at times, but in his own way he could also be fun / funny. He is a member here at Chorrol (along with glargg and a whole slew of others) and he did post here for awhile. Now he's a moderator in the new forums, and he's pretty good at it in my opinion. Very professional. He no longer rants about toons or b34t!nG d@ g4m3. laugh.gif

Jan's hair has a tinge of reddish in the CW.

Where did you find her outfit? I always ask that question.

She looks sad in the final picture. I get it. The Capitol Wasteland can be a depressing place.

I miss Wyrd too. I loved his observations on toons, and his cats.

As always, I did an exhaustive amount of research and testing on what Jan would wear. The outfit I went with was the Stealth Mark II armor from the New Vegas dlc Old World Blues. It has a superhero look to it. The models and textures for New Vegas are in exactly the same formats as for Fallout 3, so you can transfer assets back and forth with ease. You just have to make new entries for them in the respective Gecks. I brought over a lot of stuff from New Vegas to Fallout 3. Usually you don't have to go the other way, because I think all the Fallout 3 stuff is in New Vegas by default.

She looks sad because of the character creator. Creating a character who smiles is very difficult. Mostly you have to edit the cheekbones to lift the corners of their lips to make them look happy. But that also tends to make the character look fat. As it was, I had to work to make sure she was not visibly frowning.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 31 2020, 02:30 PM) *

Neat pics! So what mod/mods do you use to get those different poses, like the one where she is holding the bottle or sitting on the dock? Also, what kind of gun is a Regulator?

I believe those are vanilla poses. I just use the console to use them. There is a mod that adds the names and pictures of them here

The Regulator is also from New Vegas, part of the vanilla game. Though now that I have finally gotten the electrical effect working, I might try making a new gun using the laser rifle as a base, or one of the laser rifle mods.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 31 2020, 02:43 PM) *

There's Jan, hanging out in the badlands in her steel-nipple armor and chillin' with a pop. And she meets Robbie the Robot! Renee is right. I too noticed the increased gold/red in her hair as wells as what seems to be a 'poutier' look to her.

Her hair is the vanilla Platinum option, basically the lightest option there is. I was hesitant to manually change the color values.

QUOTE(macole @ Aug 31 2020, 05:07 PM) *

Having never played FO3 and very little of FO4 I find the pictures interesting to look at. I'm assuming these are from Fallout 3?

This is all Fallout 3. Maybe I will play Jan in Fallout New Vegas afterward. Or maybe I will take her to another game.
Lopov
January returns in August!

Nice sword on her shoulder.

I admit that I totally forgot of the C. Regulator until you mentioned it. It's been a while since any of mine have been to Zion.

Did she empty that bottle? wink.gif
Renee
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 31 2020, 09:04 PM) *

I miss Wyrd too. I loved his observations on toons, and his cats.

And his infrequent stories about his toons characters. He made one character who never left the Arena Bloodworks for instance, not until she beat the Grey Prince. She was a slave. Also, is it just me, or were you frequently surprised by Wyrd's outlook in various opinion threads? It always seemed like his ideas and opinions were from some other left field nook or cranny that none of us had considered.

Knowing how he is, he's lurking this thread right now and will pop in after 7 years of inactivity.

Cho returning to the Citadel. Lopov really liked that one when I showed it to him a few months ago, wherever he is. He's sort of fascinated by my habit of dimming the HUD.

Acadian
Cho has a determined manner to his walk.
SubRosa
Cho looks like the classic Fallout image of the protagonist walking away down the road.
SubRosa
Lopov: Jan did not empty the bottle. It was empty to begin with!

Her sword is from a New Vegas Jaysus mod that I ported over to FO3, and added a lightning effect to.

A Storm is coming

Shocking

Burnmaster

Jan has a Shockgun

Superheros of the past

Wish I could have been there for you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.