Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Morrowind Mischiefs
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Older Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 28 2014, 12:48 AM) *

I would definitely rather play with her than a male Dunmer! hubbahubba.gif

I know, right? I play in 3rd person so I can see her walking around, and keep holding the tab key down so I can see her face/frontal view in every outfit, lol. The only thing I really don't like is her "run." I have been wondering if there is a Morrowind mod out there that can fix the character's run - going back to Nexus to check it out, lol.

@ Acadian - yeah, I really should break it to him first (instead of letting him get on his game and be shocked) - but ...

I remember SEVERAL times in Oblivion I was playing that I turned on my game only to find out that my son had taken my character into the middle of the street in the Gray Fox mask and saved/exited; or went on rampages with my character and then saved/exited, so I would be walking around and suddenly hear, "Hold it right there, criminal scum!" (Or just have a whole bunch of people attacking me) - and my son would be standing there laughing like a hyena at my reaction. So yeah, kind of want to see what he will do, lol.

@ Lopov - Thanks Lopov! Actually, my son had already installed the Morrowind Overhaul mod, but I don't think it is working. It never went through the "set-up" procedures it was supposed to according to the "Read Me," so I'm not really sure it installed properly.

I'll take a screenshot outside if anyone can tell the difference that way.

@ Everyone - thank you so much, I was really pretty excited/proud of her and how she came out myself!

Grits
She's beautiful, mALX! What is her name?
SubRosa
I know what you mean about the animations. Even for games of its time, Morrowind's animations are bad. I don't know of any mods that replace them though. It is a lot of work creating new ones!
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 28 2014, 12:41 PM) *

She's beautiful, mALX! What is her name?

Misa (which is what made the idea of turning my son's character into a female first pop into my head), lol. That was most definitely a female name (Manga, lol).

Thank you, I thing she is beautiful too! I never expected to be able to achieve that result in Morrowind, not after seeing the vanilla characters in my son's game. I fell in love with her, not just because of her looks - but she also headtracks, which stunned me when I saw it - didn't think that would happen in Morrowind.

mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 28 2014, 12:57 PM) *

I know what you mean about the animations. Even for games of its time, Morrowind's animations are bad. I don't know of any mods that replace them though. It is a lot of work creating new ones!

Since the graphics engine for Morrowind is the Gamebryo (like Oblivion) - would it be possible to adjust an Oblivion mod to fit it to the Morrowind construction set?

I was wondering that today when I wanted to give Misa a voice file, and couldn't find anything like "Brucevayne's Sound Sets" for Morrowind.

I know some of the NIFs and textures are different and don't transfer back and forth (learned that from trying to bring Morrowind stuff into Oblivion).

The only animation replacers I found for Morrowind had to do with casting, or maybe I miss-read (or miss-understood) the description page.

I did see a screenshot with the character's sword held up (Oblivion style) - Misa's blade sticks out in front when she walks, and swishes back and forth as if attached to her hips, lol.

(But her sword DOES hit the target in battle, thanks to a mod I downloaded).

I don't know if this is a spell or vanilla, she has one firebolt spell that is a very satisfying imitation of the Skyrim one that clears a full room of draugr. It still takes about 3 hits with it to kill anyone, but - nice effects anyway, lol.

SubRosa
Wow, she headtracks too! What mods are you using? The last time I played I was using MGE for the graphics, Better Bodies 2.2 for new bodies, Ren's Oblivion hair, and a bunch of Emma's various race headpacks.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 28 2014, 01:16 PM) *

Wow, she headtracks too! What mods are you using? The last time I played I was using MGE for the graphics, Better Bodies 2.2 for new bodies, Ren's Oblivion hair, and a bunch of Emma's various race headpacks.

Here is all the mods I'm using:

The Morrowind Overhaul Graphics and Sound
Better Bodies 2.2
Better Heads
The Facepack Compilation
Alienor Hair
Accurate Attack

Lopov
I play almost vanilla Morrowind and my character headtracks from time to time but not all the time. I think it happens if you leave them standing idle, then they'll start turning their heads around when some time passes.
mALX
QUOTE(Lopov @ Sep 28 2014, 02:19 PM) *

I play almost vanilla Morrowind and my character headtracks from time to time but not all the time. I think it happens if you leave them standing idle, then they'll start turning their heads around when some time passes.

Misa does it when she is passing an NPC, (looks toward them as they pass) or if she is standing somewhere and an NPC passes her (follows their progress with her head as they pass her). VERY nice, I love head tracking!

mALX
QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 28 2014, 01:24 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 28 2014, 01:16 PM) *

Here is all the mods I'm using:

The Morrowind Overhaul Graphics and Sound
Better Bodies 2.2
Better Heads
The Facepack Compilation
Alienor Hair
Accurate Attack

Scratch that "Morrowind Overhaul Graphics and Sound" from the above list, Lopov was right - I do have vanilla graphics.

Turned out that I just made an OMOD and loaded this mod up into MWMM and didn't realize I hadn't actually installed the mod.

Turns out there is a whole HELL of a lot more to installing it than what I did. Since I am happy with my game aside from the running animation - I'll probably uninstall that OMOD and just try finding an animation replacement instead - THAT will free up 7 gig on my laptop, lol.

Lopov
Delete.
mALX
QUOTE(Lopov @ Sep 29 2014, 01:09 PM) *

I'm one of few that prefer Morrowind vanilla graphics compared to any overhauls, I even like the mystic fog. Many things bother me in Morrowind, like NPC not having any schedules, but I never touch the graphics.
--
Haryon is now in the Urshilaku Camp which is a final destination of his so called "Farewell Journey". He had a lengthy conversation with Sul-Matuul about his reasons for leaving Vvardenfell and the Ashkhan offered him to stay for a few days in the camp, to rethink his actions and perhaps finds reasons to stay on the island.

Although Haryon is already decided to leave Vvardenfell and sail to Solstheim, he accepted Sul-Matuul's offer, firstly not to insult him because Ashlanders can get offended easily, and secondly, because he'll could spend some days meditating and reading his weathered journal about events, that happened to him on Vvardenfell.

I wish I could find a way to make sitting available in Morrowind, and better running. I have been very pleased with the graphics in Morrowind, so much so that I thought that overhaul mod was doing a great job and endorsed his mod. Since I love the graphics just as they are, I'm removing that mod - but going to hang onto it to study how the scripts were done - I want to try working in the Morrowind CS, and want to learn what about it is done differently from the Oblivion CS.

I know the meshes are different, but they are still NIF files, and I know there is some way to convert them to Morrowind from Oblivion because some member called "Inny" was able to do it for some mods I was looking at last night.

Also, the animations are still KF files just like Oblivion - but there HAS to be some difference in them or else there would be sitting in Morrowind already.

Princess Stomper got sitting in one of her mods, but the mod no longer exists on any forum. I'm going to write her over at Bethesda and see if she still has the file (or can explain how she got them to sit).

mALX

OH! I found a mod to give my PC a voice (and found an awesome voice file for it!) - AND to make her sit down in a chair !!! I can't wait to see her talking and sitting down !!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOT !!!

Played with retexturing yesterday, now I need to figure out how to get the new textures to load into the CS. It is taking the new meshes, but not the textures.

I am pretty sure it has to do with the naming system in the Morrowind Data file - so am knee-deep in revamping my mesh/texture file names (thank goodness I don't have that many yet).
Lopov
mALX, do you know if sitting mod is compatible with vanilla game?

Thanks
mALX
QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 1 2014, 12:34 PM) *

mALX, do you know if sitting mod is compatible with vanilla game?

Thanks

Yes it is! All it does is add a mesh of the hips and legs in the sitting position, and force the player to equip them when they activate the scripted chair.

Lopov
Interesting - can I download it somewhere?
mALX
QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 1 2014, 01:19 PM) *

Interesting - can I download it somewhere?

Morrowind Nexus has the mod to sit, set up on one barstool in Morrowind (you just have to copy that script and attach it to the chair you WANT your character to sit in)

Better than that is Princess Stomper's Morrowind mod called "Leyawiin" - that is available for download on the "Morrowind Modding History" site. She has set up several places for your character to sit in her mod.

Lopov
Thanks, I'll check both of them out. I remember having some problems with the 1st but that is probably because I didn't specify chairs.
mALX
QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 1 2014, 03:00 PM) *

Thanks, I'll check both of them out. I remember having some problems with the 1st but that is probably because I didn't specify chairs.

Yes, from what Princess Stomper said, the script is on the chair, not the character.

Lopov
Delete.
Renee
Well let's see if he has better luck on the Island. smile.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 5 2014, 10:31 PM) *

Haryon is sleeping under a wooden platform close to a silt strider port at Khuul. It is from Khuul that he will head to Solstheim leaving Vvardenfell.

Forever?

Perhaps.

Careful. Karl went to check it out and heīs never come back... wink.gif
mirocu
Been back to Solstheim a couple of times now doing the same thing I always do; running around killing stuff, collecting what they drop and sell.

Thatīs some heavy RP right there, I tell ya.. tongue.gif
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 14 2014, 09:51 AM) *

Been back to Solstheim a couple of times now doing the same thing I always do; running around killing stuff, collecting what they drop and sell.

Thatīs some heavy RP right there, I tell ya.. tongue.gif

One of the (few) things I liked about Skyrim was that instead of just killing bandits/collecting loot/and selling the loot - you could also mine ore/collect pelts/cook meals while out on the trail/go to foges/smelters/workbenches and turn the ore and pelts into weapons and armor/and sell those!!! A lot less repetitive!

mirocu
Well you can mine ore here too, just not as much I guess. And you canīt convert it into anything.. But I have collected over 40 samples of the ore from Raven Rock smile.gif
Lopov
Because my disk crashed some time ago and I lost all saves of my Nordic Nerevarine Haryon, I decided to conclude his story. I have some saves left but they date way back, when he wasn't even doing the main quest and returning to his game seems kinda pointless after he achieved so much. So today I wrote a short conclusion to his adventures on the first page but I'll also copy it here:

Haryon settled down in the Urshilaku Camp, together with Ashlanders that were his prime teachers in becoming the Nerevarine. Adventurers that passed the Urshilaku Camp, often told stories of a barefoot bearded Nord walking amongst the Ashlanders like he was one of them. For he was, because the Ashlanders called him "brother". However, what happened to Haryon in the Red Year, when the Red Mountain erupted, scorched almost entire Vvardenfell and thus killed most of the island population, is not known. The most possible claim is that in the fifth year of the fourth era Haryon the Nerevarine passed away.

Renee
So what does that mean, that Haryonbecame Nerevarine? .. Sorry to ask, but I'm new here. I've never played Morrowind. Glad to meet you, my name is Renne. hehe.gif Anyway, I assume this means that Haryon did something grand for the Dunmer?
Lopov
It means that my toon Haryon beat da main qu3zt. Just as Dragonborn is the supposed protagonist in Skyrim and Champion of Cyrodiil in Oblivion, so is Nerevarine in Morrowind.
Darkness Eternal
Got back in Morrowind. Looking for some mods to enhance the game, graphically speaking smile.gif

mirocu
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ May 19 2015, 04:58 AM) *

Got back in Morrowind. Looking for some mods to enhance the game, graphically speaking smile.gif

Have fun! goodjob.gif

Got a character idea?
mALX
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ May 18 2015, 10:58 PM) *

I played it for a short stint before going to that Skyrim modding class. I used:

1) a mod to enhance all character's appearances
2) a mod that gave all the characters a much better walk - MUCH better. Unfortunately, the run was still obnoxious if you were in 3rd person, I changed to 1st person every time I ran just to keep from cringing.
3) a mod that fixed the fighting - it did a fantastic job, the fighting was so much better with it!
4) a body mod so the body didn't look like a wooden marrionette

I really loved Morrowind a lot - had trouble keeping up with quests because there is no journal, but the ones I lost track of eventually caught back up with me.

Here is Misa in Morrowind:

IPB Image

Here is another shot of Misa:

IPB Image

Grits
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ May 18 2015, 10:58 PM) *

Here's a thread that might help: Rediscovering Morrowind.
Darkness Eternal
Thanks! Mirocu, I believe a warrior character.

Malx I believe I did download that character mod before long ago before the laptop broke. But it was nowhere near as good as what you showed... The rest though I never downloaded. I want to download them but first I have to install the mods. I forgot how hehe. I'm such an amateur when it comes to mods.

Grits, I'll be there in thread smile.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ May 20 2015, 07:46 AM) *

Thanks! Mirocu, I believe a warrior character.

Malx I believe I did download that character mod before long ago before the laptop broke. But it was nowhere near as good as what you showed... The rest though I never downloaded. I want to download them but first I have to install the mods. I forgot how hehe. I'm such an amateur when it comes to mods.

Grits, I'll be there in thread smile.gif

Always before adding any mods, make a copy of your Data folder and keep it as a backup so if any mod you add messes something up you can go back to a clean install.

If you installed it at the default location it wiill be something like C:/ Program Files (or Program Files X86) / Bethesda Softworks / Morrowind / Data.

Save it somewhere safe (I put mine in either Video, Music, or Documents) and name it something clear like "Morrowind Data File Backup." You don't need a copy of the official game files if hard drive space is tight on your laptop; but at least copy every other folder in the Data file to the back-up.

You will need something like 7-Zip to open the mod after downloading. Once that is installed:

Right click on the mod file, click on 7-Zip, extract files - yes. It will open a copy of the mod in a separate folder.

I always keep an exact copy of all mods I'm using, so at this point you can move that zipped folder into wherever you want to keep the mods you have installed; (the zipped folder won't be needed anymore, everything you need now is in the open folder copy of the mod). I normally keep a folder for each game; like "Morrowind Installed Mods," "Fallout 3 Installed Mods," etc.

Now go to that open mod folder and look inside. If there is a read me - read it and follow it. If there isn't a read me, this is the general instructions:

Any ESP, ESM, or BSA files go into the Morrowind Data folder.

If there are any meshes or texture folders they also go into the Morrowind Data folder but will need merging:

When prompted to merge, say yes. The files may then ask permission for over-writing some original files, say yes. (remember, you have your back-up of the original Data folder to go back to if you don't like a change you've made).

If you have the Morrowind Mod Manager or Nexus Mod Manager, it should automatically add the new mods; but if you don't you will have to activate them.

Go to the Morrowind folder (C:/ Program Files (or Program Files X86) / Bethesda Softworks / Morrowind ); find this:

MorrowindLauncher.exe

Double Click it to open, then when it opens click on "Data Files." Find the mod you just added and click on it to place a check in front of it. "Okay," then Exit.

You will need to activate any mods you have added unless you use a manager.

Play!

mirocu
As December has set in I have returned to Karl the Northener on Solstheim. Nothing much happened. A few fights with some Rieklings and stuff sold and bought down at Raven Rock.

Pretty fun to get back biggrin.gif
Lopov
Karl woke up from hibernation. laugh.gif Where does he live, BTW? I know that you get your own house if you pursue some questline but since you're not much of a quest-doer... wink.gif
mirocu
He lives at Thirsk Meadhall which he has done from the moment he set foot in the place. I know I can get him his own house via mod and I have thought about adding it, but I think he likes being around the others smile.gif

Picture
mALX

Ooh, nice place! But not as nice as Misa's modded houses in Seyda Neen and Balmora. Nyaahaa!

mirocu
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 5 2015, 01:54 AM) *

Ooh, nice place! But not as nice as Misa's modded houses in Seyda Neen and Balmora. Nyaahaa!

Maybe so, but Misa doesnīt have snow outside biggrin.gif
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 5 2015, 02:28 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 5 2015, 01:54 AM) *

Maybe so, but Misa doesnīt have snow outside biggrin.gif

no, she does not have snow, lol.

mirocu
Small update: Karl now has 168800 gold! tongue.gif

Also, killed two werewolves!
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 10 2015, 10:10 AM) *

Small update: Karl now has 168800 gold! tongue.gif

Also, killed two werewolves!

Misa never got to fight a werewolf in Morrowind before I quit playing; can you catch the disease by fighting one?

mirocu
Yup, you can catch Lycanthropy and become a wolf of were yourself.
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 10 2015, 10:39 AM) *

Yup, you can catch Lycanthropy and become a wolf of were yourself.

Now that is just what makes games fun! I like that idea a lot better than being forced into becoming a werewolf if you want to finish a questline out, lol.

Thanks for the info, Mirocu!

mirocu
Actually, I think you do have to become a werewolf in order to finish the Bloodmoon MQ kvleft.gif
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 10 2015, 11:22 AM) *

Actually, I think you do have to become a werewolf in order to finish the Bloodmoon MQ kvleft.gif

Yeah, but that is kind of known - I mean, if someone was just going to purchase the expansion, they would know already that it was all about werewolves and Hircine/the player/etc. I think people buying it knew in advance about that aspect of it and wouldn't purchase it or begin it if they didn't want to play that out.

The difference for me was in a faction taking the place of the Fighters Guild in Skyrim; throwing werewolves among you was fine, I kind of liked that - till they put it to me that I had to become one or else; and then you spent the rest of your time hunting and killing werewolf hunters instead of actual criminals (and in the case of the Companions in Skyrim, you also were sent to beat up shopkeepers for some reason too, but that is off topic).

I mean, they kind of took away any real faction action and tried to make it all about some storyline that didn't fit with the faction's cause at all; because the Companions were supposedly an honorable organization; yet had you (whether you were a werewolf or not) out killing werewolf hunters rather than chasing down the thousands of bandit leaders (etc) - when technically, every NPC in Skyrim would try to kill a werewolf if they knew there was one there; they just weren't in organized groups to do it.

And I'm not even against that story premise in Skyrim, just against it being attached to the Companions (Fighters Guild) and them diverting that guild's purpose to make it all about being a werewolf. Had Bethesda kept that storyline and attached it somehow to Hircine instead - or some mysterious faction other than the Companions (like rivals of the Companions - Like the "Blackwood Company" they had in Oblivion) - but not to usurp the entire Fighters Guild line for it.

(just like they shouldn't have usurped the entire Thieves Guild line to play out some political agenda and have no thieving involved; that could have been a separate questline for the city of Riften (Like "The Collector" questline from Oblivion was for the Imperial City).

I wasn't as upset by the questlines themselves as I was by how they foisted them in place of other questlines that should have been there.

Oops, off topic again, lol. Sorry about that.

mirocu
Still running around Solstheim either fighting things or using levitation to avoid it. Whatīs annoying is that at some point I took a few things from the smith outside Thirsk, and now every item just like the ones I took is apparently marked as stolen. Even if I bring him a Riekling shield directly taken from the Riekling, he still says itīs his and just takes it. Way to punish me for one two a few slip-ups mad.gif

Not too much of a deal though. Karl has at the moment over 170 000 gold tongue.gif
mALX

BWAAHAA! Morrowind justice!! "Pay till you die, Sucker!!!!"

laugh.gif

mirocu
Yeah, they apparently apply that rule there tongue.gif

On todayīs note something funny happened. As Karl was running towards Raven Rock he got attacked by two berserkers. The funny part was when they caught up with him they immediately stopped and just stood there, allowing Karl to talk to them. And now every time he ran past them they did nothing so I guess they are his BFF:s now laugh.gif

Also, hunting Fryse Hags are fun biggrin.gif
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 17 2015, 08:46 AM) *

Yeah, they apparently apply that rule there tongue.gif

On todayīs note something funny happened. As Karl was running towards Raven Rock he got attacked by two berserkers. The funny part was when they caught up with him they immediately stopped and just stood there, allowing Karl to talk to them. And now every time he ran past them they did nothing so I guess they are his BFF:s now laugh.gif

Also, hunting Fryse Hags are fun biggrin.gif

rollinglaugh.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.