Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A New Sun Rises - Maxical's Adventures
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Fan Fiction
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
mALX
@ Winter Wolf - I had barely brushed on the trouble she got into at the orphanage, so thought I would give a hint at some details, lol. I took down Jack's picture because after you said that I noticed that and some phone lines, lol. It was either him or the head of the house Indoril in Morrowind. Thank you so much Wolf !!!!

@ Destri - I dumbed it down after Hauty noticed it was not jiving with her normal self, but had to leave that sentence in. She was still ready to give him the benefit of the doubt even at the end of all that, which was very Maxical. I know I have seen that...or am I thinking of "Switching Places?" I just can't remember the scene, lol. Chapter 21 is on its way! Thank you so much Destri!!!!

@ Acadian - Thank you so much Acadian! A lot of that courtroom and lawyer discussion were done in free-typing, so I was surprised myself by some things that came out in that scene, lol. You ROCK!

@ Olen - Thank you very much Olen! Lol, I dug through that page and was going to have her facing X days and X Septims, but decided to cut it out. I was actually trying to cut the story down and make it shorter, instead it has taken on a new life with this Arena. I barely touched on the Arena in the original, and wanted to expand it just a little - now it is growing out of proportion and I can't seem to contain it anymore, lol. Thank you Olen! You are very appreciated!

@ Hauty - Thank you very much Hauty!!! I have a scene coming up in a few chapters where I am going to use that PM on cats you sent me back (last year?). My cat is the same way. If I woke up at 1 AM and gave him a kitty treat he would wake me up at 1 AM the following night demanding a kitty treat. Thank you Hauty!!!!

@ Remko - Thank you Remko! Uh Oh, I hope it doesn't offend anyone, lol. He is actually portrayed as too good in game, and I made him too good in the original story. I kind of wanted to address that this time. Thank you so much Remko, and PLEASE finish your Oblivion story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have left a lot of readers hanging on it!!!!!!!!!
mALX

Chapter 21: What I Learned In Prison

Andronicus flew to the front of the cell as we approached, she was in a terrible state till she saw Jack Thompson. Then a transformation took place that I would have given anything not to have witnessed. I watched her attempts at archness and flirtation with humiliation and was grateful to see humor flash in Jacks eyes. He must be used to having to deal with her, or her type.

The cell door clanked loudly behind me and the guards hurried off. Jack went back the direction we had just come from.

How did it go up there?

I used everything you told me Andronicus. You were right about Agronak, I have never seen anything like it! I believe he would crawl through Oblivion on his knees if he thought he saw a Septim there. Its really odd though, I got the feeling he is up to something. He was acting like he didnt know basic Arena knowledge, stuff even I know.

I started to tell you before they busted in and arrested us. He is up to something. Buying that expensive ring for you

Oh he didnt buy that, at least not recently. It was in his mothers things. He said he bought it with his winnings when he became Grand Champion and gave it to his mother. She wished me to have something when she passed and that is what he chose.

Well he is either lying to you or to the Courier.

What?

I grabbed this out of Owyns hands right before they burst through the door. Since I had peed all over myself they just threw me in the cell without stripping me down. I still had it in my hand. It comes in handy to have a loose bladder every now and then.

If you say so.

Look, it is a little tattered, but read the article.

I scanned it at the Arcane.

Quit running your mouth and look! Down here where Hassiri interviewed Ris Fralmoton. Read what Ris told them.

Who is Ris Fralmoton?

Just read it.

I didnt scan the article this time, but really sat down and read it. Why did Agronak give no comment? That is as much as confirming it is true! Hassiri says he gave him a coy smile, Hassiri has to be making that part up in his own mind, to make the story more interesting.

Hassiri does not do that. If he wrote it, it happened. You should know that.

It says Ris Fralmoton owns the Red Diamond Jewelers? Who is he? I thought Hamlof was the owner, thats who Agronak dealt with. I never heard of this other man.

Ris owns the store, he and Hamlof are partners. Ris had to be there, or Hassiri wouldnt have been able to interview him. Are you sure Hamlof was the only one there?

Hamlof was alone. I didnt look upstairs, of course The words died in my throat as I remembered that day.

Agronak said nature was calling and asked Hamlof if he could step upstairs and use his urn. He was up there a little while, long enough that I wondered if he was leaving one of his enormous gross Orc piles up there like he does in the Bloodworks. I cant even stand walking in that end of the room after he has used the urn.

He was up there talking to Ris is what he was doing. Ris said he sold him the ring that same day, and witnessed him give you the deed to the house right afterward. Read it, he even describes the ring he sold him. Anyone reading that can see that ring on your finger and know it is the same one Agronak bought.

Fathis. Fathis would read this and see the ring and know it was the same one.

I couldnt say anything about Fathis aloud if I wanted peace to abound between Andronicus and I. She would go from friend to foe at the mention of his name.

Why would Agronak lie to me about the ring?

Because you wouldnt take it if you thought it was just bought for you.

Of course not! That would look like

Now youre thinking.

I remembered Fathiss face that day, that was exactly what it had looked like to him. And if I had told Fathis that it was just a behest I would have looked like a liar to him when he read the Courier. Oh dear gods I am glad he refused to listen to me that day! He would have thought me a liar! Oh dear gods! Why would Agronak do that?

Andronicus, why would he want to give me a ring in the first place? We are just friends. And how did you know he was pulling something?

He did this before, a long time ago. I cant remember what story he gave the girl to get her to take the ring, but it was the same. Right in front of the Jewelers and across from the Courier office. Ris sold him the ring then too. She liked a boy there at the Arena and Agronak set her up to look like she was choosing him over that boy. There was a big fight and that young boy knocked out both Gils and Agronak with his bare fists right there in the Bloodworks.

He knocked out Agronak? How?

I shouldnt tell you this, but I doubt Ill be his manager anymore after this. Agronak has a glass jaw.

You are kidding me! Agronak?

I think it is because he is a mixed race. His jaw is totally different than other Orc. Everyone knows there is no sense clopping an Orc in the jaw, they are like rock. Because of that no one has ever done it to Agronak, thinking it will be the same with him. But his jaw is delicate as a babies. This guy found out about it somehow.

Why did the boy knock out Gils?

Why else? Gils hasnt changed a bit since the day he joined the Arena. He was hitting on everything that walked then just like he does now. Gils and Agronak got in some terrible rows over that girl, shouting and threatening each other. I guess Gils was wanting to take a whack at her and Agronak was interested. Just like they have been doing lately over you. Must be something about Khajiit that drives men crazy.

Was she Khajiit?

Yeah, I dont get what the big draw is. So you have fur, so what?

With Gils all you have to do is look halfway female and be new to the Arena. You could be a female mud crab or slaughter fish, he just wants to try out something new.

BWAAAHAAA!

But Andronicus, Agronak couldnt be interested in her, just like he cant be interested in me or you. I dont understand why he would fight with Gils even. His [censored] dont work.

Did you try him?

EW! NO! Its because he is an Orc mix, they cant you know. I learned that at the Arcane.

Youre lying!

No, there are even books written about it, research has been done. They cant period. Not even with themselves.

BWAAAHAAA! His jaw is crap, now his [censored] is broke! I wonder what else dont work on him?

Does anything else matter?

BWAAAHAAA!

School children have rhymes they say about it, here is oneMix an Orc with any blood, but their get will be a dud.

BWAAAHAAAA!

Breed an Orc with anyone, but their kids will have no fun.

BWAAAAHAAll right now, stop!

His jaw is crap, his [censored] is broke, now the women get no poke.

BWAAHAQuit! I mean it, damn you! Ah, crap! You made me wet myself with your stupid rhymes!

Dont mix Orc you stupid jerk, if you do their [censored] wont work!

BWAAHAA! You [censored], I told you to quit! Ah hell, its too late now. SHRIEK! BWAAAHAGA..CA..CASHRIEK! BWAAAHAAAG..CA..CA!

Are you okay Andronicus? Are you choking? Should I hit your back for you?

She was dancing in circles; trying to point at her back and catch her breath, all while trailing a stream of puddles. Tears were streaming down her face. When she caught her breath she couldnt stop laughing. I pounded her back for her and knocked her down, I guess it was a little too hard since she didnt have her balance. I picked her back up again.

Im going to kill you! When I say stop, I mean it! Now shut up for a second and let me catch my breath!BWAAAHAAAA! Oh, my stomach hurtsBWAAAHAAA! Shut up Maxical!oh, my stomach!BWAAAAHAAA.

I could have come up with a million more, but I was afraid Andronicus would choke to death. I learned at the Arcane that I had a gift of being able to come up with dirty limericks at the drop of a hat.

I think youre the cause of half my bladder problems, you [censored]!

Sorry Andronicus, I was holding back all the good ones cause I know youre a lightweight.

Like what?

Oooh nooo, I wont tell you any more. You will just cuss me again, and who knows what else you may release.

Come on, just one more but make it a good one.

His jaw dont work so he cant suck, his [censored] dont work so he cant [censored].

SHRIEK! BWAAAHAGA..CA..CASHRIEK! BWAAAHAAAG..CA..CA! SHRIEK! BWAAAHAGA..CA..CASHRIEK! BWAAAHAAAG..CA..CA!

Are you okay Andronicus? Are you choking? Should I hit your back for you again?

Im going to kill you! Shut up! BWAAAAAHAAAA! Let me catch my breath!BWAAAHAAAA! Oh, my stomach hurtsBWAAAHAAA! Shut up Maxical!oh, my stomach!BWAAAAHAAA.

The guard walked up and pounded his rod against the bars of the cell door. Shut up in there!

BWAAAHAAAHAAA!

Shut up I say!

Sir, she is having a seizure. Send for the healers please, if you dont mind.

BWAAAHAAAHAAA!seizureBWAAAAHAAAAhealersBWAAAHAA!

Hurry please! I hoped I could get Andronicus to quit laughing before he arrived.

The guard scurried away. In some unbelievably bad timed twist of fate the healer was already down in the dungeons for another prisoner.

This woman appears to be hysterical, this is no seizure. What kind of a game are you pulling here?

None sir. She may have become hysterical from fear.

BWAAAHAAAfearBUUUWAAAHAAA

Cant you give her something to calm her down, the guard is threatening violence to her if she doesnt quiet.

BWAAAAHAAA! Violence.Stop it, CA CA! Youre killing me! BUWAAAHAA

This better be the last time I am called to this cell! He cast a spell on Andronicus from the door of the cell.

Buwabuwaoooooh that feels really good. Aaahhh SNORE KA SNORE KA

She cant help the snoring sir, please tell the guards it is not her fault.

I felt alone and afraid after Andronicus was knocked out. I thought hard about Agronak doing that to me, it had to be deliberate if he did it before. I had thought he was just dumb like mewhat could all this mean? Was it connected to the arrest?

When Andronicus finally awoke a couple hours later I was really afraid to make her laugh again.

Andronicus, did that boy that hit Agronak die in the Arena? I mean, why isnt he the Grand Champion?

He was supposed to be. He was Owyns Champion. He beat the Yellow team Champion and used the winnings to buy the girls contract off Owyn so she could leave. He grabbed that girl and left before making the challenge and hasnt been back since.

He quit the Arena?

They both did.

I cant imagine Agronak as a Pit Dog.

He wasnt for long. Agronak worked his way up quick, quicker than Ive ever seen anyone do. Gils was almost as good as Agronak, but he moved really slow, he never wanted to be the same level as Agronak so he would never have to fight him. Once Gils made Gladiator you could barely push him into the Arena for a bout.

Why?

Why do you think? If he makes Champion he will have to fight his best friend. And he would make Champion if he was out there, he is good.

You are kidding! The only time Ive ever seen him make a fist since Ive been here isyou know.

BWAAAHAAAA!

Dont start laughing again, that guard was wanting to hurt you. Andronicus I am scared, will you stay awake and talk to me? Ive heard they come in the night and take beast species to torture chambers. If they come for me, I want you to tell Jack what happened.

Its no lie, we got an Argonian from the Leyawiin jail that was in such bad shape we couldnt sign him. And Skingrad, prisoners dont come out of there alive. If they try to take you I will kill them with my bare hands!

Dont do that Andronicus. That guard was already wanting to come in and beat you with that rod of his, and you are an Imperial. I dont want you hurt on my account.

Olen
Dirty rhymes about orc knob, hilarious part really good job.

And now talk of people leaving the arena... might give Maxical ideas, assuming there are no mad women and/or vampires in the Imperial City Jail.
haute ecole rider
That guard was already wanting to come in and beat you with that rod of his, and you are an Imperial.

And is an Imperial "rod" any better than an Orc "rod?"

DARNNIT MAXICAL! All these dirty limericks! I feel another one coming on . . .

Oh *@$&*! I'm leaving!

And somebody get Andronicus some Detrol and Depends!
Destri Melarg
What's more useless than [censored] on a nun?
A [censored] on an Orc, if his father wasn't one!

Oh Dammit!!! It is catching!!!!

Wait for me hautee!!

*Destri leaves before another comes to mind*
Zalphon
Agronak as a pit dog!? Brilliance!
Acadian
Nice job mALX. More of the dark side of Agronak is revealed. Quite a complex web. smile.gif
D.Foxy
A lot of dirty rhymes are coming
All because of this naughty minx
And, to keep anticipation running
I'm posting it later (leering wink)

So all you girls and guys who read
Wait her for the Maestro's deed
Anticipation rise to fever pitch
Yes, I assure you, it will be rich!
D.Foxy
The Ballad of the White Khajit

Chorus:

Hey! Hey! Cutie Khajit Hoochie Coochie Babe
Y'know you got the White Fur that every dickie craves
Hey! Hey! Cutie Khajit Hoochie Coochie Babe!

In pearly morn, of early morn, with entry like no other
Arena saw a Khajit small - and gave a collective shudder!
She had a tail, that without fail, would swing you like a rudder
A smile to please, the sexy tease, she made all hearts a-flutter!

Inside the ring, she did her thing, n' slayed the m*therf*ckers,
But off the ground, in the compound, the men went all-out nutters!
For the Coochie neat, had Poosie sweet, that oozed a sexy scent
The smell it gave, all hell it made, for men's horny intent!

Before inside, the men did hide, in corners dark and deep
But when she came, her sexy frame, would make their pricks out leap!
And they would bound, and come around, and ogle at her a.s.s,
That's quite a feat, from this Young Meek, Little Khajit Lass!!!

She had a way, of words to say, that came out really lewd
While all the time, she said the crime, was with their thinking crude!
A Virgin bright, in furry white, that was our Khajit Babe -
Which man would make, her Hymen break, was all the Guesser's Rage!

Then suddenly, all men could see, a big grey angry Orc
A Champion strong, with sword all long, eyes like a blazing hawk!
He'd fight and win, and add to sin, for he befriended her -
Then all and one, would shout and run, he was hitting her fur!!!

This cat in white, brain not so bright, knew once a Wizard Mage,
Who loved her more, but had a flaw - a real big jealous rage!
Crazy Fathis' Zany antics became talk of the town
Y'all know why - when rumours fly, you can't keep gossip down!

Now Fathis loved, the girl above, with love like ne'er before
It is so strange - this Horny Mage , would have girls by the score!
But when he saw, the Kitty before, and after her blue showed
His horny mind, could not decline, visions of sexual mode!

Tho' Mage he was, his fleshly sword, rose up at every time
When he saw her, within white fur, in heat and dusty clime
N' all over town, he was the clown, rampaging all around
To scream and speak, with words so bleak, of her letting him down!

So there it is...to share it with, dear reader laughing hard
You'll see the light, when more I write, my bawdy calling card!
For chapters more, and by the score, our mALX will write each week
Then I will write - without respite - poetry to make you leak!!!

cool.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
ureniashtram
Hey, finally caught up with your story and .... (gasps).... ohmy.gif .... Oh, my goodness, graciousness, eating Jollibee brings me happiness... WTH!!!!1one1

A naughty Khajiit saying lewd rhymes.. A certain Fox ( hubbahubba.gif ) telling us The Ballad of The White Khajiit.. Why, this is gonna make Sheogorath even more crazy!

Anyway, this chapter reveals some 'interesting' stuff about the characters. And it isn't about Agronakies ( can't resist, tongue.gif ) intention!
Remko
Poor Andronicus biggrin.gif
limericks are always five sentences btw. those were just rhymes tongue.gif
D.Foxy
Remko, remko, remko!!!

Clearly you have never studied poetic forms...

My light-hearted parody is not a limerick. It is a BALLAD. Ballads have a certain poetic form, as carefully crafted as a limerick.

Those of you who study poetry may have noticed that my Ballad has four lines in each stanza (a quatrain), and each line has (with a few exceptions) three feet of 4/4/6 syllables. Fourteen syllables is the classic definition of the ballad, although most 17-18th Century ballads used two alternating lines of eight and six syllables.

In addition my ballad has two internal rhymes in addition to the rhyme at the end of each line, which makes it a complex ballad, but also gives it a galloping rhythm ( Try yelling it and banging a beer mug at each rhyme. You'll see the rhythm soon enough!)

THAT is a ballad very close to the classical ballad: but since this is a parody, I have included a repeating chorus to make it more like a beer pub song.
Remko
D.Foxy; I wasnt referring to your poem but to Maxical's dirty rhymes in the story. cool.gif
mALX
@ Olen - ROFL!!!! Knob, I need to remember that one, can I use it? Thank you very much Olen!

@ Hauty - ROFL!!! Detrol...I just looked it up...SPEW!!! Thank you so much Hauty!

@ Destri - SPEW!!!! I almost asked if I could use it, but for the nun part, lol. Thank you ver much Destri!!!!

@ Zalphon - Argh, I was sure you would have come up with a good limerick too! Thank you Zalphon!!!

@ Acadian - Wait till you see the chapter I wrote yesterday! Agronak exposed! EW! Thank you so much Acadian !!!

@ Foxy - I love the ballad !!!!! Thank you so much Foxy, you really got her whole story into it!!! You ROCK !!!!

@ Ureniashtram - Yeah! You stayed! I am so glad! I just got caught up on your story today, my favorite chapter so far was the modern day Cyrodiil, I loved it! Thank you very much Ureniashtram!!

@ Remko - Oh, you are right! like:

There was an Orc in the Arena
whose [censored] was blue and greena
when asked if it worked
he gave it a jerk
and said [censored] [censored] someone call FEMA !!!!

The notes on racial phylogeny
say an Orc mix produces misogyny
though he'll have something dangling
it won't do no wrangling
nor anything else it oughta be

Woo Hoo! Thank you Remko, you have given me a new chapter, ROFL!! (just kidding) Thank you so much Remko !!!

mALX

Chapter 22: The Day Of The Trial

Your message felt more like a summons, how did you know I would be at the Merchants Inn? Fathis asked, the smile fading from his face when he saw Hannibals expression.

Fathis, if you had been here an hour ago I would have decked you and not been able to stop myself.

Youve been going to the Arena again, havent you. You always pick up these cant expressions when you hang out there.

I just treated an old head wound on Maxical that by some miracle she survived, I dont know how. She was beaten with a sledge hammer and robbed. It happened Graduation Day Fathis, remember how you stood in her parents stead that day? Didnt you think in doing that it was your responsibility, your duty to see she made it home safely? It was late afternoon when you left, did it even occur to you that she would be walking home alone in the dark? She lay in the road all night, then crawled into the Rumare and lay in it all day with a crushed skull.

What? Dear gods, she mastered in Destruction and Conjuration! Traven I never thought anything could come against her that she couldnt beatit never occurred to me! Guilt overrode the shock and constricted Fathiss stomach.

She is a child Fathis. She was alone and frightened in the dark on one of the worst stretches of road in Cyrodiil. Abandoned by the one who gave word to her parents he would protect her as they would.

She had suffered due to his neglect. She could have been lost forever. The image of her face as he ranted at her for selling the armorshe had looked unwell. She tried to tell him something then but he hadnt listened to her in his rage.

Dear gods, I ranted at her for selling that armor. Fathis barely whispered, looking away.

I know, she told me. The Khajiit that nearly killed her stole that golden armor from her and pawned it. You should have known better, this is the same child you have known these years, the blue show hasnt changed her.

You know I care for her. Had I thought

Are you capable of marriage Fathis? It requires you think beyond yourself. There is no place for suspicion and temper in a relationship. The women youve known before cant be a guideline for how you think Maxical will act. I warned her I doubted your ability as husband because of your past.

I cant see her go to another, Traven. But you are right, I dont have a history of finding good women.

You found exactly what you sought, your only interest was in turning Cyrodiil into your own private brothel. Marriage requires you bring something to it other than your [censored] and your Septims. The child is devoted to you.

Now that is wrong Traven. I have not touched her, not a kiss or even held her hand as she has done with that Orc.

What?

Its the truth.

FathisI think I need a glass of wine after that statement. When do you plan to declare your intentions to her? And here, read this chapter on why you need have no qualms about that Orc.

Good gods, so hecant?

Maxical said he doesnt even give off the aura of a man.

Then why does heoh! He wants a beard so no one knows he cant?

Exactly. Now what is your reticence in letting Maxical know she is the one?

She is not even legal age Traven. She is only months off of being my ward. It doesnt feel right, not now. I want to declare in the way of the Royals, the whole ceremonial announcement of engagement to let the men know she is taken. Then wait a few years before marriage. And the marriage has to come first before I touch her.

You might be sitting on an empty urn if that is your plan. You cant just say shes mine, dont touch then back off and leave her alone. Not everyone will consider your engagement as a barrier. And loneliness can cause her to bond with someone else, just as she did the Orc, someone who can perform.

Sitting on an empty urn Traven? I dont even want to know what that is supposed to mean. Of course I plan to court her.

I hope so. You seem to be going about this all wrong Fathis, if you ask me. Young girls like romance, love, passion. Your itinerary sounds dry, stale, lifeless. Most certainly not romantic or passionate.

Since when are you an expert on women? I cant just mount her like a stud in the stable, I want people to know my intentions with her are marriage, not just the bedroom.

I hear over 150 girls Maxicals age chattering daily, that makes me an expert. And your goal should be to impress Maxical, not people. Fathis, she is young. You need to sweep her off her feet and elope to Anvil. Spend a few weeks on the beaches there. She knows you love her, but all that formality is going to leave her wondering if you desire her. I hope to hell you werent thinking of honeymooning in Castle Bravil with Count Regulus Terentius. Im not sure which would be worse, seeing Irlav Jarols face or your Counts during a romantic holiday.

Traven you really need to quit hanging around that Arena. Your languagebesides, I think Maxical would like being at the Castle.

I think she would tear it down to the ground by the third day. And how does the Count feel about a Khajiit living in his Royal quarters? You may want to build the two of you a home somewhere elseand dont even suggest your tower.

You may be right about that, I gave Maxical a tower much nicer than mine, she said shed die in the streets before living in a tower like that.

Ive spent every day of the last almost six years with her, I could have told you that. Give her fun and excitement, I swear I am getting bored just listening to your plans for the two of you. And Im your age, just think how it will sound to a young girl.

Well thank you Traven.

You would have reason to thank me if you were listening to a word I said. You know how to have sex with a woman, but not how to have a relationship. You know how to inspire a momentary fling, but your version of romance is as inspiring as a prison sentence.

Are you quite done? I have some things to do

I give up on that, just dont say you werent warned when some young blood makes her heart pound and she takes off to Anvil with him. Here, read this book, The Khajiit Mystique and see if you pick up any pointers since you wont listen to me. That will tell you everything you need to know about enticing a Khajiit, their sexuality, sensuality, their cycles. They are monogamous to whoever starts them into womanhood you know.

Really? No wonder male Khajiit smile so much, they have no worries.

Dont leave yet, I want you to read something else.

Dear gods, what does this mean?

It is another reason it was such a miracle Maxical survived that attack. She cant heal herself, someone has to be around to do it for her. Im researching alternative healing methods that she may be able to use. Ive sent for Alix.

******* Alix

Whats the mail doing coming this early? Alix watched through the window as the rider leaped off the steaming horse. SJirra, go get the mail, will you?

SJirra peered down from her perch on the ladder where she was stretching to dust the wall hangings. Alix took another sip of coffee as he continued to watch out the window.

SJirra, hurry your feet. They are almost at the door.

Glancing down at her dampened dusting towel SJirra descended the ladder, twirling it tightly as she stepped onto the wooden floor of the dining room. With a flick of her wrist she snapped the towel, popping the end of it across Alixs butt with a loud CRACK.

Alix turned around, his eyes lit with mischief. Got you to come down now, didnt I? Come here, let Abhuki get the mail. Lets you and I go dust upstairs a while, hmm? He pulled her to him. You owe me big time for the welt you just put on my butt, let me think of some way you can pay off that debt.

Youre lying Alix, you didnt get a welt from that. It didnt even hurt you or you would have said OW.

Ill show you the welt, but Im not baring my butt in the dining room, come upstairs and you can see it.

Youre just tricking me into going upstairs Alix, Im not stupid.

Okay; Ill drop my drawers right here so you can see the welt, and Abhuki will walk in and see my business.

AlixAlix! What are you doing! Okay, Ill go upstairs with you!

Ha ha ha, you are so easy! Alix laughed, then ran up the stairs with SJirra close behind, snapping the towel at his butt the whole way. Each time it hit Alix jumped and yelled, OW!

Alix, it is something from the Arcane! Hannibal Traven wants you to come right away! Abhuki yelled from the door before they had rounded the landing on the stairwell.

Does it mention Maxical? Let me see that. Alix turned around, buckling his pants back up.

It has to be about her, what else could it be? SJirra pushed by him and grabbed the missive. I dont like the sound of this Alix, there are no pleasantries at all. It soundsdire.

Get me my boots SJirra. Ill be home when I get here. Alix left his breakfast untouched and started loading his pack.

He took off at a run. By the time he made it to the Imperial City the streets were buzzing with news of Maxicals arrest. Should he go to the Palace and try to get Maxical out or see Hannibal first?

With relief he caught sight of Fathis and grabbed him by the shoulder. Whats going on Fathis?

Im trying to get hold of a lawyer friend of mine. They said she conspired to rob that Orc shes befriended.

Fathis, two things. Maxical would not steal, and the Orc isnt capable of doing anything you are worried about.

I know, Traven just told meerhave you talked to him yet about Maxical? Fathis looked hesitant to be the one to tell him.

What is it Fathis?

I would rather Traven tell you while I get that lawyer so Maxical isnt left in there any longer than need be. Traven is still at the Arcane.

Youre right. Will you stay in town please? There are some other things I know about that Orc that I think you need to be aware of. I may need your help later if you dont mind. I plan to take care of a fewerthings while I am here.

Yes of course, Ill be at the Merchants Inn. I have a huge suite, you are more than welcome to bunk down in there if you like.

I accept, and thank you.

******* Jack Thompson

Jack tapped his thumb against the table in annoyance. The Elders had not returned, if it was much longer they would call it a night.

That last vision of a frightened child looking to him for help was such a paradox to the confident young woman that held her own in that hearing, or described the best ways to pierce someone with her sword. What was bothering him about this? Something was nagging at him.

He pressed his thumb hard into his temple and reviewed everything he had on Maxical. She was the impish orphan that tormented their hearings at the prison, one of the reasons they had been moved to the Palace.

The same little demon that nearly destroyed the Arcane while thereJack sat up and stopped pressing his thumb into his temple. That was it, the Arcane. Hannibal complained about her constantly, but said the cost of the damage was all absorbed by Fathis Aren, another of Jacks school chums. Maxical was Fathiss ward, he had met her at the orphanage the same day as the pigeon incident.

haute ecole rider
Yeah, Hannibal the Cannibal! That's telling that s'wit Fathis off!

I hope to hell you werent thinking of honeymooning in Castle Bravil with Count Regulus Terentius.
rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif !!!!
That just made me spew! I think I just woke everyone up, too. whistling.gif

I had to Google Jack Thompson. mALX, you are genius!
Destri Melarg
Its about time that someone took Fathis to task for his continued treatment of Maxical. The idea that the someone would turn out to be Hannibal Traven is a surprise that could only have come from you, mALX.

There is no place for suspicion and temper in a relationship.

HA!!! Tell that to my ex!!! tongue.gif
Olen
Hmm things begin to straighten themselves out. Great piece, I won't spam your thread with all the parts which made me laugh.

But I have to put up some:
I swear I am getting bored just listening to your plans for the two of you. And Im your age

Brialliant.
No wonder male Khajiit smile so much, they have no worries.

Classic... This is great and just keeps getting better.
Remko
I really love your rewrite. Imo it's more mature but hasn't lost anything on the funny dpt. Awesome!
Acadian
I thought your interaction between Fathis and Hannibal was very good. Similarly, the interaction between Alix and S'Jirra was quite cute and seemed very natural.

It is truely a pleasure to see your passion for Maxical in your writing.

Nice job, mALX! smile.gif

I had to google Jack Thompson as well.
minque
mALXie, mALXie....like someone already said....you're a pure genius! Like the cat-lover i am I particularly love this kitty-sweetness!

yes yes I've visited Maxical's myspace....awesome! I'd honestly like Serene to meet her, gotta think seriously about that!

S.G.M
mALX
@ Everyone - I wrote out all the responses to these and before I could post them our electricity flickered and I lost it all. ARGH!!!! So I will not be as eloquent this time, lol.

@ Hauty - I googled him too. I needed a lawyer connected with Elder Scrolls and did not want to use the head of House Indoril, lol. Jack earned the right by defending Oblivion against the M rating, even though he lost. At least now we know where he is working since his disbarment. I just hope if he ever sees my fanfic he approves of what I did with him, I promise not to skewer him as I have a habit of doing with some characters in my stories, lol. Thank you so much Hauty!!!!!

@ Destri - I thought Hannibal would do it better and with less drama than the original with Alix, but you know...I don't see Alix not saying anything. It would be out of character for him, so I am still going to have to tackle that down the road. Not sure when or how.

RE: EX's - aren't they all like that? I think that is why they become X'd in the first place. Suspicion is such a waste of time, too. I mean, if the spouse is going to cheat, being suspicious won't stop them. (fail)

Thank you so very much Destri!!!!

@ Olen - ROFL!!! Fathis is a mess, lol. Thank you so much Olen, you ROCK!!!

@ Remko - Thank you so much Remko, I really appreciate the feedback on that!!! I have been thinking if I can find a place to tie it to the current story I may edit the old chapters and insert these, lol. I do like them better myself. Thank you!!

@ Acadian - Thank you so much Acadian!!! I re-did those dialogues right before posting because it was a lot of telling. Turning it to dialogue just made that chapter for me. Don't feel bad, I googled Jack myself, lol. You ROCK!!!

@ Minque - Thank you so very much Minque!!! I have done a lot of crossovers in the original story, so would def be willing - especially since I think our characters have a lot in common !!! As some of Maxical's long time readers know, Foxy has several characters coming into the story when she leaves the Arena, Treydog and his wife Mrs. Treydog, she meets Acadian's Buffy, SubRosa's Teresa, Zalphon's Zalphon, etc. I like the idea of Tamriel being one big place where people can run into each other and become friends!!! Thank you again Minque!!!!!
mALX

Chapter 23: Jack Thompson

Jack drummed his thumb on the Courier in a rapid beat. Maxicals arrest came one day after Fathis challenged Agronak, and Maxical left him to run after Fathis. She swore the ring was a behest, but Agronaks actions with the press were designed to give the impression it was an engagement. Jack believed Maxical. Why did the Orc do that? Was his ego that big?

Agronak thought Maxical was dumb, that was obvious. He expected her to be frightened, crying. He would be a hero to her by insisting the charges be dropped. But instead she had been angry, cunning, and came in well primed for the fight by Andronicus.

None of this would get Maxical out tonight. Scanning back through the years to that prison finally brought the elusive memory Jack sought, and the answer he needed. Fathis met Maxical the day of the pigeon incident, not ten full years ago. She was just a tiny spot of white fur then! She was a minor! She was adopted out of therethe Blademaster that trained recruits for the Legion adopted herAlix Lencolia, the one she said trained her in Blade. She must be a runaway.

Jack leaped up from the chair. The sun had sunk below the trees, the Elders would not be back. He hurried to Ocatos chambers and caught him just as he was leaving for the day.

A Khajiit you say? Ocato sneered. That case was continued till tomorrow.

Dont make the mistake of assuming because she is a Khajiit she is not connected Ocato. This minor child is the ward of Fathis Aren of Castle Bravil. She is closely connected with Arch Mage Traven of the Arcane University, and her father is Alix Lencolia, Blademaster for the Imperial Legion. You cannot even begin to imagine the pressure that will come to bear on this Council should she be left sitting overnight in jail. I will disturb Uriel Septim in his chambers before I let that happen.

Four very angry Elders called the hearing back into session.

Fathis, I just got your messages. Jack hesitated in the door when he noticed Fathis had company.

Come in Jack, Ive tried to reach you all day. You know Alix Lencolia

Alix, you are just the man I was going to ask Fathis how to find. Id like to speak with you about your daughter if you dont mind. Jack shook Alixs hand and duffed Fathis on the arm. Fathis, I owe you one.

How is she? Fathis and Alix asked in unison.

Here, come in and make yourself comfortable. Fathis said, handing Jack a bottle of sparkling water and a stemmed glass. He indicated a comfortable chair with a tray of fruits and cheeses on the table in front of it.

Jack lowered his athletic frame into the chair and began digging in his satchel for a Parental Release form as he answered.

The charges have been dropped and her record expunged. She will be released within hours. I didnt know how to get hold of you Alix, so she is being escorted to the Arcane till I could get your signature on this. Until this incident we had no idea she was a minor. She fudged her age and had herself listed as an orphan on her application. After the hearing some of her history came out. That jogged my memory of her at the orphanage, I realized then she must be underage and remembered that she had been adopted. Jack pushed the release form in front of Alix, then pulled a quill and inkpot from his satchel and lay them beside it, uncorking the ink.

What a relief! Alix blew air noisily as if the tension was flowing out of him with the sound. He glanced over the release form and signed it.

Jack scooped it up quickly and inwardly gave his own sigh of relief.

Why was she arrested in the first place? Fathis asked, looking directly into Jacks eyes.

Alix leaned forward and watched Jacks expression.

I believe Agronak was miffed because she chased after you, Fathis; and did it right in front of the press. He seems to have an ego the size of Cyrodiil.

Alix had suddenly become catlike in his movements. Too smooth, his eyes hooded. Jack shook his head. He didnt blame the man, but Alix and Fathis together could not weigh in as heavy as the Orc. Where would it all end?

I hope you both realize it would be a conflict for me to represent you. I wont defend Agronak either. The Arena is my client, not the Orc.

But you could refer someone? Fathis asked.

Dont shop lawyers before committing a crime, that gives the appearance of premeditation. If in the heat of passion you attack someone and are arrested, I have a card here, someone I trust. Jack pulled a business card from his satchel and handed it to Fathis.

Was Maxical scared in the hearing? Alix was watching Jack intently.

No, she was angry. She was excellent in there.

Good, she thinks better when shes angry. Alix said, his eyes lighting up.

Can you tell us anything? Fathis asked, looking just as interested.

Jacks description included discovering Maxical was the same child that had caused the hearings at the prison to be moved to the Palace, detailing incidents to the delight of both Alix and Fathis.

I never heard any of this. Phillida was afraid I would back out of adopting her. Alix said quietly. He couldnt wait to push her out the door, even sent her mothers behest on the pre-adoption visit. Oh you should have seen her, so afraid I would change my mind if she showed any of that spirit of hers. It was enough to break your heart. We already loved her, nothing they told us would have changed that. We couldnt wait for the mail to run for the letters from the Arcane when she was there.

I hadnt heard these stories either Jack. But your knowledge of her activities at the Arcane is sadly lacking. Alix and I can fill you in on much more than that. Why dont I order dinner sent up here for you, Im sure you are hungry.

Ill have a vegetable platter, thank you Fathis.

When Fathis left the room Jack smiled over at Alix. She has your knack of arguing. She argued the case with the Orc, I didnt even speak. Afterward she still had enough gumption to argue her citations with me. I asked her if you taught her to argue and she said no, that she showed you a thing or two.

Alix laughed. She did.

You will be happy to know that Ysabel Andronicus has been guarding over virtue like a mother hen.

Fathis returned just in time to hear that. Not

Yes, the very same. She has taken a liking to the child and has seen no harm comes to her. Maxical likes her too, erexcept the hygiene problems.

Alix looked curious. How do you know Andronicus, Fathis?

She used to stalk me.

SPEW! Excuse me. Alix said, wiping up the spray. Well the Blue team runs a tight ship, I wasnt that worried about Maxical in there. The Orc is incapable of harming her, and she is smart enough to stay close to Owyn and Andronicus.

I was ready to kill that Orc till I found out his attentions to her were more in the nature of a beard than a beau.

I beg your pardon? Jack struggled to keep the surprise from showing in his expression.

Hannibal Traven told me about the Orcs little problem. Fathis said.

I already knew about it these twenty years or more. Alix said.

You meanthe Orc?

Exactly. It seems I was jealous for nothing, literally. Fathis drawled out the word literally.

I find this conversation very informative, and am really grateful I had no beverage in my mouth at the time of that little disclosure. Jack said, a rare gleam twinkling in his eye.

That explained why the Orc was livid over her chasing after Fathis. More than his huge ego, he was protecting that little secret from public knowledge.

Fathis, the Orc told Maxical that ring was a behest from his mother. I believe her. What little I know of her is enough to swear she would not have taken the ring if she knew the Orc just bought it. He set her up, probably to cover his secret. Jack said, leaning forward and watching both Fathis and Alixs face. Neither looked surprised.

This is not the first time he has pulled that little trick. He did it to Maxicals mother S'Jirra twenty years ago. Alix said quietly.

Jack sat bolt upright in his seat. Go on.

Fathis, I will see what I can do about that golden armor for you. Blank cheque?

Fathis nodded. Of course. Say Jack, are you planning on going to that music festival in the Arboretum? Hannibal and Alix are meeting me here and we are going together. You are more than welcome to join us.

It will be my pleasure to attend with you, appreciate the invitation. I am looking forward to another invitation as well Fathis. When can I expect an invitation to the weddingor am I mistaken?

You are not mistaken.

I never thought to ever see this day, Fathis! Congratulations!

It iscomplicated at this time. She doesnt know exactly. She knew, but thinks I called it off.

Well you should remedy that. I must say Fathis, I like this new side to you. Jack barely recognized his staid friend in the animated man before him.

A knock on the door interrupted Jacks breakfast the following morning, the messenger handed him a missive from the prison and hurried off. A brief scan of the contents dispelled any relief the signed parental release had given him. The guards escorting Maxical had lost her somehow. It didnt take much imagination to realize she would return to the Bloodworkswithout the presence of either Owyn or Andronicus. Gils could be trusted under those circumstances, but Owyn had a Bloodworks full of prisoners that arrived just before his arrest.

Jack hurriedly dressed and left his breakfast untouched. As soon as he reached his office he sent the runner down to the Bloodworks to find out if Owyn had returned yet and if Maxical was there and safe.

A strange sound began echoing around in the Arena. Jack went to his observation deck and looked down in time to see his runner stumble out of the Blue team chute and fall to his knees. He leaned back his head and shrieked, the sound so high pitched that had Jack not seen the person emitting the sound he would have sworn it was a girl screaming.

The runner stumbled forward trying to rise from the Arena floor but could not seem to stand. He began vomiting and was crawling through it as he continued to try and get as far away from that chute as possible. Was that blood all over him?

Jack smothered the impulse to vault off the balcony in order to save time. Instead he broke into a fast run, ignoring the office runners cries for help as he shot across the center of the Arena to the Blue team chute.

When he pulled back the door it was like stepping back in time to his service with the Imperial Army. The vision of every battlefield he had been on echoed through his mind as his eyes tried to take in what lay before him. Mutilated bodies everywhere and enough blood to have repainted the Arena red with it.

haute ecole rider
Ooooh, this is beginning to sound an awful lot like my first pre-arrest scenario for Julian (which I discarded as it just didn't fit her nature in the game)!

Another good chapter!
D.Foxy
W.H.A.T!!!!

blink.gif

After all this brilliant rewriting, I have just one question...

HOW ON EARTH are you going to marry up this emerging new storyline with your old one???!!!???

Olen
panic.gif

I can only agree with le renard, What?! I might even go so far as WHAT!!!!11!1!

That's quite a cliffy you have there, what's happened, how? I need to know. More.

Good part otherwise too, I liked you're filling in of the back story and things coming together. It was fun to read and moved things forward well. I'm really into this story now and like the characters and whats happening.

This is not the first time he has pulled that little trick. He did it to Maxicals mother twenty years ago. Alix said quietly.

As if one major hook wasn't enough. smile.gif

More?
Remko
Oooohh.... a mystery. I have a sneaky suspicion about the massacre in the Bloodworks smile.gif
So, are you gonna use that hook (Agronak conning Maxical's mother) in your other story?
Acadian
Like Remko said, 'Ooooh a mystery!'

I don't have any suspicions or clues though. Nope, not a one. I sure had fun reading this though. tongue.gif
Destri Melarg
Just when it appears that the worst is over for Maxical! Unlike Remko I have no suspicions or ideas of whats going to happen next! You MUST hurry and update this, the suspense is killing me!!! ohmy.gif wacko.gif

I withdraw every supportive comment that I have ever made about Agronak. Maxicals mother? Seriously? What was Shivani thinking? To be fair, I guess I must acknowledge that Shivani and Maxical are not individual characters as much as they are forces of nature . . . like hurricanes. They move through Cyrodiil leaving trails of destruction, dead fish, and pigeon droppings. Yet at the center of the storm they remain calmly oblivious to the carnage that they have wrought.
mALX
@ Hauty - ooh, that sounds interesting! Thank you so much Hauty!!!!

@ Foxy - Er...I thought Damien Reynard would do it!!!! Lol. I know what you mean, this is now past thread one. Chapter 24 on the original was The Mission... sad.gif

Thank you so very much Foxy!!! - PS: I loved that gift you made for Rumple!!

@ Olen - Thank you so much!! Woo Hoo, you know Foxy's Reynard? Damien (Foxy) Reynard is on his way if Maxical can ever get the H out of the Arena, lol.

@ Remko - There is a twist coming up on that massacre, I may as well admit it, lol. If I can tie this story into the original somewhere I will def be moving the whole thing over and replacing the original with it. Thank you so much Remko!!!

@ Acadian - Thank you so much Acadian! It has def taken on a life of its own. I considered taking her straight to Janus via Foxy (bypassing the Thieves Guild), but I hate to lose S'Krivva from the story. I don't know about anyone else, but I loved S'Krivva's role in it.

@ Destri - Thank you very much Destri!!! Er...well. I may need to edit the story to make it more clear. I was worried at the time I did it that it may be a bit ambiguous for those that are up on Maxical's history, and I should have written it differently at the time, this is my fault. I will go back and edit that, I am sorry everyone, I think Foxy & Remko thought the same thing.

@ EVERYONE: I apologize for leaving a wrong impression with that, the mother that Alix referred to is S'Jirra (because at this point in the story no one knows who Maxical's real mother is yet) I apologize to everyone who's mind I inadvertantly blew with that. I am fixing it, and I am so sorry. It was S'Jirra.

mALX

Chapter 24: The Escape

The reason they joined separate teams at the Arena was over that girl. They planned to join together. When she joined the Blue team, Agronak marched over and joined the Yellow team thinking Gils would come with him. Instead Gils joined the Blue. Agronak was livid and fought with Gils several times over it. He even threatened to kill Gils in the Blue Bloodworks one day and Owyn banned him for a while. Andronicus explained.

Did she like Gils?

Yeah, till she met that young boy. Agronak went nuts after that, tried to ruin her. Thats when he pulled that ring trick on her.

Agronak was mad? Why? I could understand Gils being upset, but Agronak?

Weird, huh? That night Agronak came in the Bloodworks, he was still banned and it was after night lockdown. There was a big fight between him, Gils, and the kid. The boy was the only one standing at the end. Owyn woke and lit a torch just in time to see the kid knock out Agronak.

Owyn had to light a torch?

He said it was dark as pitch in there, maybe the candles got knocked down in the fight.

I got a creepy feeling suddenly. The candlessomeone tried the Khajiit that night. Theyll climb on you while you sleep in there unless you have someone protecting you. Andronicus may reek, but I wouldnt be intact without her. I shivered.

What?

Agronak in there? Why? Whos the kid that knocked him out?

Nobody knows why he was there. Owyn can tell you the boys name. Only unranked fighter I know is Gils because he has always brought me bottles, even back then. Back then he brought me something else too.

Oh dear gods shut up Andronicus! I dont want to hear another word!

Hey, I wasnt always like you see now. I was beautiful then. Gils let me ride

LALALALALA! Ive got my hands over my ears and cant hear you Andronicus! LALALALALA!

Dont knock it. You cant find bettern a Dunmer in the sack.

Andronicus, unless you want me to vomit you will shut up this second!

Andronicus was winding down, her voice sounding sleepy. In the dim light I could see her form stretched out on the mat. She would be asleep soon and I would be alone and scared. I couldnt cast my night eye, prison cells deaden your magic so mages cant escape. The scratching sound I kept hearing had to be a rat seeking scraps. It wouldnt find any in this cell, Andronicus had wolfed down both my meal and hers. I would starve before eating the swill here, I swear it had maggots in it.

Dried feces clung to the lip of the ewer, and I was already dancing and holding myself from the need to go. The cell wall was covered in a dark slimy film, the thought of touching it to balance and hover over the ewer nearly made me gag. I could not bring myself to just wet my pants like Andronicus did.

There was a drain in the center of the cell that had clumps of gross looking matter dried around the mouth of it, that would have to do. I carefully pulled the sackcloth pants off so they didnt touch the floor and held them in my hands rather than lay them on the mat.

Remaining fully standing, I spread my feet wide and balanced over the drain. The relief was tremendous, I was sure I would have burst if I had held it much longer.

As if I had rung a dinner bell footsteps sounded in the corridor as soon as I started peeing. I tried to stop the flow but it would not be held back at that point. I was in that position when the guards stopped in front of the cell.

My first thought was they were taking me to the torture chamber. Andronicus was snoring. Oh dear gods. A trembling started in my legs and my stomach was crowding my throat.

Thats what that ewer is for, cat. No wonder they call you beasts, using the floor.

Even a cat wont sit on dried feces, you should clean them if you want them used. Besides, this is a drain, not the floor. I spoke loud trying to wake Andronicus up. It didnt work.

Well you can save it till you get outside, were releasing you.

If I could stop it, I would have before you came up. I spoke louder.

Andronicus snorted and half sat up, looking around.

Wha? Whats going on here? She pulled herself up and then noticed the two guards in the door. Whatr you staring at? Never seen a cat pee before? You got nothing better to do than stare at us?

They hooted and taunted through the cell door till I finished. Before I could put my pants back on they opened the cell door. Oh dear gods, this was it then? I scooted to the back of the cell.

What do you think youre doing? Leave her alone! Andronicus moved faster than I have ever seen her, leaping between me and the guard.

They pushed her back. Out of the way! Were taking her out.

You get your hands off her! Im her guardian, she goes nowhere without me! Andronicus sounded like a bear growling.

You aint been released. Now step back before I make you.

Andronicus! I got between them. I couldnt stand you hurt on my account, Ill go with them.

Andronicus set up a loud wail. I hesitated. Should I un-sheath my claws or would that be taken as aggression? I eyed the two burly guards.

Well come on cat!

Andronicus, if you get out and I am not there, get hold of Jack Thompson and tell him about this midnight release.

Dont take her! You leave her alone! Nothing better happen to her! Maaaaxicaaaal!

Andronicuss yowls echoed off the stone walls the whole way down the corridor, it hurt my ears and I couldnt concentrate on how to save myself. The comparison to it and the shrill tongue of banshees that herald your death was made in my mind and clung there, would it be the last sound I heard? Still, it meant a lot that she cared enough to do it. Andronicus acts tough, but inside she is anything but.

It was almost a relief when the heavy metal door sealed the sound off, muting it to silence as we exited that level. They brought me to a chest that held my personal items and the shackles were removed. I felt the magicka flowing down into my arms, the shackles were enchanted to deaden magic too. I turned around, suspicious. How often are prisoners released in the middle of the night? Were they going to try and say I escaped and cut me down from behind?

I had to change in front of them. I turned my back quickly to load a chameleon spell but kept glancing behind me to make sure they werent going to attack me. I forced myself to put on the ring from Agronak just in case they did, but I was going straight to the Arcane and ask Hannibal to make me a new one.

As soon as I had the last item of my own on I turned and bugged my eyes, looking behind them as if seeing something and yelled, NO! When the guards turned to look I cast the chameleon and ran as fast as I could.

I had lost track of time in that cell, it was pitch dark outside and I had no idea what time it was. Hassiri was standing on the steps near the door. I wasnt quiet running by him, I glanced back and saw him looking around when the guards came out the door. Their voices trailed behind me, Whered she go? and She was here a minute ago! echoed off the buildings as I darted down the alley.

Afraid they would search for me at the Arena, I ran straight to the Arcane. The streets were empty other than gate guards and an occasional patrol. Thinking they would be looking for an escaped prisoner I kept the chameleon on till I was in Hannibals quarters. He awoke, sitting up and looking around before I realized and dispelled it.

Maxical! I said to come any time for healing training, I didnt mean the middle of the night particularly, butI guess it is okay.

I escaped from prison Hannibal. They torture beast species at night in prisons. They came and took me from my cell just now, I had to run.

Did you harm any Legion to get away?

No, I pretended I saw something behind them and cast chameleon. Hannibal, Agronak told me that ring was a behest from his mother when he gave it to me, but in that Courier it said he just bought it. He set me up to look like a liar and his intended with that article.

I thought you knew that. You read that while you were here.

I never read the interview with Ris, I didnt know it was connected, I never heard of him before. And Agronak said no comment, I missed that too. The ring is described in detail, Fathis will know it was bought for me by another man. I cant wear it now. Can you make me another ring? I dont have one to give you, but any old brass ring will do. Im sorry Hannibal.

I understand. He opened his jewelry box and dug around. Drat! Look, this is the only ring I have unchanted. He held up the exact same ring.

Oh no, that wont help me.

Hmmm. If you were to give identical rings out to hundreds of people to come see your next fight, people would think Agronak couldnt comment because it was a promotion. They would know you werent engaged then, Fathis included.

That is a great idea! Do you mind?

Not at all, but I see an angry Orc on the horizon.

He will see an angry Khajiit next time he sees me. He lied to me, tricked me to make me look like a liar in front of Fathis. Add to that having me arrested as a thief. The two things Fathis cannot abide. Andronicus said Agronak has done this before to another girl.

I pity the Orc if he has your temper up. He winked at me, then got serious. You really need that ring, though. Ill make you a stronger one, should I slip it on your finger in front of the press?

I grinned at his baiting. Are you trying to give Hassiri a heart attack? I owe him a big story though, I slipped past him tonight and he knew it.

Why dont you give the rings out at the music festival. Some of your fellow classmates will be playing there, remember the boys that sang at the graduation? They have quite an act going. Magic and music combined. They are very talented, I am hoping they take the prize. They could get you up on stage and say something about your return to the Arena, and you could distribute the rings. Sort of a dual promotion between you and the band. Ill be at the Merchants with them. You should stop in and see us. I am sure they will remember you. Come early the day of the festival, their act isnt till later in the day.

Oh they were good! That is a really good idea Hannibal. I would have the crowds in place and all I would need to do would be to give Hassiri a heads-up. Say, on that boxful of ringscould you put some really low fun enchantment on them?

Like what?

Like when you slide it on it makes you laugh briefly or something like that. My persona is making people laugh.

That is a really good idea. A little euphoric burst. I can do that. Meanwhile read this chapter, this is about the disorder you have. The handwritten list is alternative healing methods I will be researching.

D.Foxy
Back then he brought me something else too.

Oh dear gods shut up Andronicus! I dont want to hear another word!

Hey, I wasnt always like you see now. I was beautiful then. Gils let me ride

LALALALALA! Ive got my hands over my ears and cant hear you Andronicus! LALALALALA!

Dont knock it. You cant find bettern a Dunmer in the sack.

Andronicus, unless you want me to vomit you will shut up this second!

*FOXY expired in front of, on top of, beside, and behind his computer*
ureniashtram
OMG, mALX! A Dunmer and Andronicus? I.. I feel something fierce inside me. I think it's the dreaded 'Cuss-Catius Dementia'!

Doctor: You have approximately two hours before you.. y'know. Any last words, buddy?

Me: Yeah.. (sobs).. It's..

It's good as always, mALX! You sure do know how to make your readers crave for more! Keep 'em coming!

smile.gif becomes laugh.gif becomes biggrin.gif
Acadian
You certainly bring the uckiness of the prison to life. It was cute when Maxical covered her ears and started 'singing' so she couldn't hear Andronicus.

I like how you addressed disabling imprisoned mages - I have often thought the same thing - some sort of silence aura or enchantment or such.

Nicely done mALX! smile.gif
MyCat
I'm liking this version better than the original. It flows better. And I did like the original.

See, you and Acadian made me sign up for yet another site! smile.gif
Destri Melarg
You have an amazing knack for creating sympathy in even the least sympathetic figures. Andronicus is crude, abrasive, and her lack of personal hygiene borders on the legendary. Yet for all of that she is loyal, kind, and fiercely protective of those placed in her charge. My only question is: Was Gils a replacement for Fathis? Or was he the one that sparked her infatuation? (after all, You cant find bettern a Dunmer in the sack.) hubbahubba.gif
mALX
@ Foxy - ROFL !!! Thank you so much Foxy! You ROCK!!

@ Ureniashtram - ROFL!! - I love it! Thank you so very much!!!

@ Acadian - Thank you so much Acadian! I was driven to detail the uckiness, just couldn't stop myself, lol. I remember someone wanting me to explain why Traven couldn't escape a prison cell in the original, so thought I would take care of that little item right now, lol.

@ MyCat - Yeah!!! You have come over!!! I appreciate your kind words so much on both here and the original story. I am actually supposed to be trying to connect this story somehow with the original, but have been unable to stop writing the Arena (so have bypassed the DB and Mission with Foxy in the original !!!! ARGH!!!! ) Not sure how I am going to do it now, unless I revamp a few other things. I am trying to get it worked out, if I can't then this is just a side story of Maxical's Arena Adventures and I will start another thread with her adventures as an assassin, lol. So glad you are here, and you are greatly appreciated!!

@ Destri - Thank you so much Destri!!! Er, I think she was infatuated with Fathis before Gils came to the Arena. Dunmer have a reputation for hyper sexuality (although not sensuality) - so I figured they must become pretty adept as they age, and they age slowly.

I kind of wanted to make that contrast in there, Fathis has the reputation, wealth, title, (and looks better than Gils, although he is older than him), etc. - Gils is just a poor Gladiator at the Arena, aging faster than he should be for his age - but both have the same reputation with women - (and neither of them have any trouble getting a partner at any given time).
mALX

Chapter 25: The Fuel And The Fire

“Is it like a blocked channel? Can’t you just splice one channel into the other somehow and make it work?” I looked up at Hannibal from the text that detailed my disorder.

“Interesting concept.”

“What is this part about vampires?”

“Some ancient vampires use alternative healing methods. I know one and have made an appointment to talk to him about you.”

“Subject A/JH? I read about him when you confined me up here for my ill deeds.”

Hannibal caught the gleam of mischief in my eyes. “Wicked girl.”

“I didn’t tell anyone, not even Delphine, but the rest of my time here I thought of you as a super hero leading a double life. Mild mannered Dean of the University by day, but at night…tada…he becomes the super research scientist delving through the dark underworld of vampirism to find a cure for the dreaded disease. I even pictured you donning a long white cloak that had magical properties so you could fly out of danger.”

Hannibal was in stitches laughing.

“The advantage of not being your student anymore, I get to see the imps dance in your eyes now.“ I smiled, taking the new ring from him and sliding it on my finger. “Oh, that is much more powerful!”

“Yes, I exceeded limits on it because of your disorder. You will need that extra boost. Now this is the ring I enchanted to give away. Watch this little trick, you will love it!”

He lifted a huge scroll and tapped the ring with it, then tossed the ring on the ground. The ring bounced and then began trembling. Suddenly it was spewing rings like a flower unfolding in fast motion, or maybe a fountain. There were hundreds of them!

“GAAAH! I love it!”

“Get that small crate over there, let’s get these picked up.” Hannibal’s help consisted of sitting in his chair sipping wine and pointing out rings to me. “Look over there, a whole stack you missed under that chair.”

“You’ll be stepping on rings for a year.” I laughed. “Thank you Hannibal. You may have saved me with Fathis.” I gave him a hug and hurried out, balancing the crate awkwardly.

As I cut across to the Arena I saw Hassiri from the Courier. No guards were about so I dispelled the chameleon. He hesitated then came up to me, obviously miffed I avoided interviewing with him when I left the jail. He had his pad raised, meaning what I said would be on the record. I reached over and pulled his arm down.

“Would you mind speaking to me off the record for a second Hassiri? I just wanted to apologize to you. Khajiit don’t fare well in prisons, the torture chambers for beasts like me. When they took me from my cell in the middle of the night I was sure that was going to happen, so I went invisible and escaped. I am so sorry, and feel terrible for your time wasted. I want to make it up to you. There is the possibility of an advance story as well, but I am promising you an exclusive. What I’m going to show you is the exclusive, and has to remain top secret until we give you the signal. I want you to be the first to see these, I’ll be passing them out the first day of the music festival. Here, take one for each of your brothers too.”

“This is that ring! The one the Gray Prince gave you! You have a whole crate of them?”

“Yes, it is a promotion we are doing for my return to the Arena and also the debut of a musical group from the Arcane. Possibly why Agronak didn’t feel comfortable commenting, although I’m unsure of his motives. I could not stay to talk to you that day, Fathis saw Agronak give me the ring and misunderstood, I had to catch him. You probably have already figured out that I am promised to Fathis.”

“I had heard something along those lines. Will you give me the exclusive on that when you go public with it?”

“Definitely for the announcement, and you and your brothers will have front row seats reserved for you at the ceremony as well.”

“Thank you.” He relaxed, the irritation abated. “Now tell me about this box of rings.”

“We don’t have all the details worked out yet on this promotion, something like giving a ring to whoever vows to make their wager on me my return match. Agronak picked up a ring from Ris and gave it to me to use as a template. I took it down to the Arcane and had all these made up. They are enchanted, try it on.”

“Tee-hee-hee! That feels good!” He slid it back off. “That is a real ebony band and a real diamond! Do you know how much these are worth?”

“They were over 200 Septims before the enchantment. With it they will be well over 800. Because of their value this can‘t come out beforehand, we could be vulnerable to a robbery. I'd like you to cover the promotion at the festival when we distribute these, if you would.”

“This is some promotion! How can the Blue team afford it?”

"The Arcane is donating it as a dual promotion. Arch Mage Hannibal Traven has been following my progress in the Arena and supervising my injured status. It is to mark my return to the Arena. The second reason is that they are promoting the debut of a group of mages from the Arcane for the music festival. They combine music and magic.”

“Is that the advance story you mentioned?”

“Arch Mage Traven would love the publicity for his mages, I believe he may give you an advance story and an interview with them. I owe you a big one for bypassing you tonight, I know that. I’ll give you the details on the ring promotion as soon as I can. I just want you to know how sorry I am that I had to do that to you.”

“It is the truth about the torture chambers. You were right to be afraid. I have never seen anyone released at night before myself. If it was me in there and they came in the night, I would have run too.”

“Thank you for understanding. Here, take a few extra rings in case you want to give one to someone. I’ll be giving you several passes for my return match as well. I’d be proud to have you and your brothers in my cheering section. Now, if you would like an interview we can get back on the record.” I pushed his pad back up.

Andronicus had taught me a lot since my last botched interview.

******* Hassiri

Hassiri hurried to the office after talking with Maxical. “Stop the presses! We are going to go at that story from another angle.”

******* Agronak

* After The Hearing, thinking back on the past weeks

Maxical’s expression when she was led into the hearing in shackles was Agronak’s first clue he had made a huge mistake. Instead of being terrified or crying she had a cold simmering anger. She couldn’t know…unless Gils told her.

Then the Elders refused to let him drop the charges. At the end of the hearing it was clear things had gone beyond his control. Maxical had not shed one tear, nor even looked like she held any back. Not once had she radiated fear or discomfort at the proceedings, instead she seemed to be controlling them. Nothing had gone as planned.

The door to the Yellow team Bloodworks fell open, the latch shattered. The Pits that usually swarmed him like gnats looked down and turned away. Some of the ranked fighters made comments under their breath. Horski made several loud derogatory comments in her brashy Nordish brogue.

Only one person could be blamed for why everything was going so wrong now…Gils. He had been up to his tricks, putting the pressure on Agronak. Gils was locked in that Bloodworks nightly with her, using that time to further his game with Maxical. History was repeating itself. Agronak’s spy network of Pits had been bringing him plenty of information for weeks. Gils had started bathing at the same time she did, romping and joking with her.

Gils had been getting Andronicus drunk every night, keeping her passed out. Agronak didn’t need the spies for that information. Her smell and the urine soaked mattress proved that. Gils was forcing the game on.

* Before the death of Agronak's mother

Maxical was dumb as a stump, and what she lacked Gils had in abundance. He was smart and tricky, slimy as an eel when he wanted something. Agronak knew he had to get Maxical away from Gils. And that is when the pressure started. That pressure was the catalyst that drove Agronak’s actions when everything started going downhill. It’s what caused everything to go wrong. Gils.

It had all come to a head one night, that was the turning point when Agronak knew he had to act. Agronak had spotted Gils at the Feed Bag and dragged him outside. “What do you think you’re doing Gils? Don’t play me and think to live.” Agronak loomed his huge frame over Gils.

“What makes you think I’ve been playing you? Maybe your Pit Dog spies are lying to you. Did you ever consider they say what you want to hear because you only pay them if they confirm your suspicions?”

“Don’t play your tricks on me Gils, I know them all. I know you well enough to know it‘s the truth.” Agronak slammed the flat of his hand against Gils chest. “Leave her alone Gils. This is my game, now step off!”

“You’re changing the rules Aggie. What gives you the right to threaten me?”

“You think this is a threat? It’s not. Drop it Gils, while you can.”

“What’s the deal Aggie? You breaking your promise to me?”

“I’ll tell you what the [censored] deal is, that [censored] is too dumb to figure out something is supposed to be happening that isn‘t. She’s got Fathis Aren of all people chasing us, making scenes that draw the press. I look like a god coming out on top over a man with his reputation with women. My Box Office is higher than it ever has been. Now back off. You can have anyone, I need this one. Back off or you‘ll regret it.”

“Why get rid of Fathis if he helps you?”

“Because if I have to plaster a sweet smile on my face while she drones on and on about Fathis much more I will strangle someone. Fathis isn‘t needed anymore.”

“What’ll you do, the ring trick? Ris leaves in five days. But, since you say she is so dumb, you could probably give her Hamlof’s crap and she wouldn’t know.” Gils eyes pierced into Agronak’s.

“She wouldn’t know [censored], but Hassiri and Fathis would. It has to be done right.”

“Let me ask you something Aggie…these Pit spies are telling you all this is going on…has she told you anything is? You say she’s dumb, but if it was really going on and she didn’t tell you, wouldn’t that mean you’re being played? You are throwing the gauntlet down here, so shouldn’t you think about that?”

Agronak pinned Gils hard against the wall behind him, crushing him against it with his massive hand in Gils‘ chest. “She doesn’t have the brains to pull one over on me, and neither do you.”

“Well I’m relieved you aren’t spouting love and poetry.”

“Shut up mother [censored].”

“What about me?”

“Here, take twenty Septims and go down to Luther Broads, I don’t give a [censored] what you do.”

“Shove those Septims up your [censored] Aggie.” Gils fist shot out like lightning and knocked the sack into the street. “I’m holding you to your promise. You say you know my tricks, well I know yours too.”

“You going to tell her? Don’t dare do it Gils. You don’t want to see what will happen if you push me too far.”

“I don’t take well to threats Aggie.”

“You won‘t live Gils.”

“You forget who you’re talking to.” Gils pushed off the wall and brushed by Agronak.

The sack had broken when Gils hit it. Agronak was picking the Septims up off the road when the thought suddenly occurred to him that Gils had never actually denied it. He ran after him but was too late. The door to the Bloodworks slammed shut before he could reach it. Agronak punched the door. He had to get Maxical out of that Bloodworks and fast.

D.Foxy
And just when I thunk she had climbed off the cliff
She hangs me off another, and does it with a riff!
Acadian
My head is spinning. tongue.gif
haute ecole rider
I echo Acadian!
Destri Melarg
Subject A/JH is a deft bit of foreshadowing. The strands of two threads are starting to be drawn together!

I cant wait to see Aggies (great nickname) reaction when he gets wind of Maxicals ring promotion. Dumb as a stump seems to be a description of Agronak, not Maxical!
minque
Ohhh a lot of kitty-sweetness! How I love her, she's just , just...soo special! The scenes from the prison-cell..woah, very well described, so vivid I could just see it.

Sorry for not having commented for a while but RL you know....gah
Olen
Awesome, you've really built this up into a frenzy, I can't wait to see it pay off.

Awesome description and even better pacing and plotting. I can't wait for more!
ureniashtram
{ A dumbmer (get it? hehe hubbahubba.gif ) lifts a gigantic scroll, taps his laptop, threw it at a Nord and patiently waits. A few minutes later a rumbling, tumbling sound occured. He didn't see it coming. Now, the whole of Phillipines is buried under the bedrock of the sea, thanks to a certain Ashtram and his legion of laptops. }

Two weeks later a Japanese rescue team recovered a corpse with a letter.

It's contents was:

I feel my blooding flowing freely due to my stubborness. I.. I should have listen to Damaren. Anyway, my last words, I hope it leaves it's mark on history, is:

Good job, mALX! That chapter literally blew the roof. If you can see a mushroom cloud rising from the East, that's where my house was.

Lolz!

Another: mellow.gif becomes indifferent.gif becomes ohmy.gif becomes biggrin.gif
mALX
@ Foxy - I thunk I saw junk in your trunk! Thank you Foxy!

@ Acadian - Hauty may have helped everyone out, she suggested I put subtitles over Agronak's sections since they are mostly flashbacks, lol. Sorry everyone. Thank you Acadian!

@ Hauty - Thank you so much Hauty! I think everyone will thank you for the great idea of putting subtitles over Agronak's flashbacks so people get an idea of timing - I'm sorry about that, I have to make his role a flashback or it will give away the plot before its time - and I am not very good at doing that. I may need to revamp some but I'm just not up to it right now, too busy! You ROCK Hauty!!!

@ Destri - Yeah! You caught that! (both) - the A/JH wasn't supposed to come out till she went to Crowhaven, but I couldn't stand waiting, lol. Thank you so much Destri, and I hope to see my fave avatar soon!

@ Minque - Thank you so much Minque!! I didn't want to hold back on the description of that cell, or the difference between Andronicus and Maxical's reactions within it.

@ Olen - Thank you very much Olen! My problem in this has been trying to manuever Agronak's plot so not too much shows but enough that the reader can get a taste that he has something coming - my brain can think it up but not put it down in words cohesively. ARGH!

@ Ureniashtram - Thank you so much!!! And you're right, the roof is about to come off on it!
mALX

Chapter 26: Rumble In The Bloodworks

It was still dark when I reached the Arena. I scurried up to Owyns office and locked the rings inside his safe, locking the office door behind me when I left. Entering the Bloodworks seemed strange, the door latch had been shattered by the guards when they busted in. The door just pushed open with an eerie creak. There was a sense of something not right in the air as I walked down the steps. The outer room was milling with Pit Dogs, the ones Owyn had rounded up from the prison just days before. It was a relief to see Gils standing there in the middle of the room. I called to him.

Gils turned at the sound of my voice, his face showed something was not right.

What is it Gils?

He looked back at the room then back at me. Where is Owyn?

Has he not been released?

Youre the first one that has come back. Gils face looked very tense, a muscle in his jaw was rippling.

I dropped my pack next to my mat and hurried back to the bathing pool, wanting to wash the memories of that filthy prison cell off me. I scrubbed myself almost raw, listening to the sounds coming from the outer room of the Bloodworks. Were they fighting in there? It sounded like shouting.

Something didnt feel right, and instinctively I put my armor back on and hurried out into the main room. A strong tension filled the air. The door swung shut behind me with a loud bang and suddenly it felt like something snapped. The new Pit Dogs Owyn had picked up from the prison were milling, restlessglances at me that didnt look right. An undercurrent mirrored from one to the next like lightning cutting a jagged path through them. I could sense the force of it. It was a feeling of danger, tangible implications of thought and intent. Palpable. Where was Gils?

Dormant instincts for self preservation welled up in me, pushing my feet to the corner so no one could flank me. I kicked my shoes off as I moved and my claws unsheathed and extended of their own volition. I was trembling, my eyes widened and my ears pinned to my head. I felt my hackles rising, the fur spiking out stiffly as the blood in my veins thickened and gelled. My tail slapped the walls behind me in a rapid beat.

They surged as a unit, a mob communicating through impulses that could be sensed emanating from them. I saw a very battered Gils charging through them to stand in front of me, trying to push them back. Several had begun taking their pants off. I felt rather than heard a sound rising up from deep within me that could only be the battle cry of my leopard ancestry.

Look, shes got her claws out. What are you gonna do with those claws, cat? One of them sneered. He was naked and coming closer.

Decapitate you, one head or the other. I hissed. Everyone hooted. He stepped back some, but then someone pushed him towards me from behind. I shoved him back off, but this time he came back of his own accord. I raised my arm like I was going to swat him and as he looked up at it I kicked, claws extended into his crotch area.

His scream was horrible, it echoed above the raucous taunting of the others and bounced off the stone walls. The others quieted down some and started milling, as if unsure of what to do next.

Leave me alone and no one gets hurt. I growled it, trying to sound commanding but I was visibly shaking.

Gils was shoving as many back as he could but more would come. Then he started swinging at them. The tension in the air changed suddenly to an unbridled rage and they began attacking Gils, who had remained in front of me trying to block their attack. I cast my Eye of Khajiit and the front line of them nearly climbed over the others to get away.

While we had that break I moved to the side of Gils. He was hurt already. I slid Agronaks ring off and grabbed his hand while we had a second to breathe. I slid it on Gils finger and then pumped it once before the mob started attacking again. He moved beside me so he couldnt be flanked anymore.

It felt like the waves of attacks would never stop, and that was the last break we got till it was over. I kicked one in the head, digging my claws in and shredding a large chunk out of his scalp. Blood spurted wildly from his head. He reeled around screaming and leaving trails of it everywhere he went.

Head wounds bleed very heavily even when they are just superficial injuries. They are great for psychological warfare, terrorizing both the bleeder and their comrades with the sheer volume of blood flow. Khajiit claws are razor sharp, and can tear a scalp with ease.

Pump that ring Gils! Pump it! I yelled it, but I couldnt tell if he could hear me.

Gils fist was like lightning. He was throwing knock-out punches at anyone he could reach. Two more swarmed in. I shredded ones scalp and face but the other I missed and only lightly clawed his abdomen. He snarled and charged in. Using the wall behind me as leverage I shot my foot out in a twisting kick. My claws caught on his manhood and tore it nearly off.

Another charged and Gils fist smashed his eye socket hard enough that the bones could be heard crushing.

There was a turning point then, half the mob got into a blood lust rage and the rest backed off scared. Gils and I fought bare handed. It is against the rules to pull a weapon on another within the Bloodworks itself. If you are attacked you are only allowed to defend yourself using hand to hand. Some of the attackers broke that rule, pulling weapons on us. Gils and I were both cut up pretty badly. When a weapon was dropped we tried to kick it behind us so another couldnt pick it up.

Seventeen lay severely wounded at the end. I dont know how many of those Gils brought down with his fist because the ones whose scalps I tore bled all over so every one of the wounded was covered in blood. It looked like a war had taken place in the Bloodworks, wounded laying everywhere.

The key to the healing fount was with Owyn at the prison. With my claws I was able to keep the fight at a distance, but Gils just had his fists, and had taken the brunt of the damage between the two of us. He was flagging badly. I grabbed his hand and slid my ring on his finger several times to rally him, then pulled him with me to my pack.

Cover me. I said, digging down for my healing potion and scrolls. I used Hannibals trick to multiply the potion, hitting the enchanted scrolls against the bottle of potion. It causes magic without a spell to cling to the bottle. Then if you gently drop the bottle the magic bounces between the floor and bottle and poof, you have several bottles. I gave them to Gils till he said he was good. Then I started drinking them. I kept making them and dividing them after that, and we tucked them in our pockets for emergencies. The emergency came soon.

Some of the prisoners that gave up had escaped out the broken door but a few found us in the inner area and started the attack again. Some of the wounded ones got back up and attacked as well, but they were weak from their wounds or blood loss. Gils and I had both drank enough healing potion to rally us for the fight. Gils had just knocked one out when we heard the door flapping against the stone wall. Someone was coming slowly. We backed into the corner and I split the last few bottles of healing potion with Gils quickly. He drank one and pocketed the other two. I did the same.

Owyns face loomed around the corner looking stunned.

Owyn! I squealed and ran to him, hugging him nearly to death.

What in the hell happened in here? He asked, for once not bellowing. His voice sounding like he may be going into shock.

It was self defense Owyn, and we only used hand to hand, we didnt break any rules. I called out, nervous.

Hand to handyou tore that guys [censored] almost clean off! Owyn was walking around looking at the wounded.

It got caught in my claws when I was doing the decapitation on him. Im sorry Owyn, but they attacked me, I had to defend myself. Gils risked his life protecting me, he only used his fists too. The prisoners used swords on us though, and some escaped.

Gils stepped forward. If there is any blame to be laid Ill take it. I should have got her out of here as soon as she stepped in the door. You should have seen her when they attacked Owyn. She was like a wildcat, ripping and shredding anyone that came close to her. Then she made some healing potions somehow and got us both healed because the fount was locked up. We were in bad shape from the ones that used weapons against us.

Owyn set up a triage where he determined who needed healing most. The whole time he worked on the attackers he was notating their injuries in his logbook. Gils helped pull men to the fount for Owyn and also helped me clean up the bloody mess.

The chute door slammed and I looked up to see Jack Thompson had come in down the chute and was looking stunned. This was awfully early for him to be here, I wondered if it was over my escaping. I gave him an apologetic look and quickly went to work cleaning the blood while he talked to Owyn.

******* Jack Thompson

It was a relief to see Maxical alive, although she and Gils were both wounded.

Owyn, have you got everything under control down here? I need to see you as soon as you get finished here.

Owyn had nodded briefly, continuing to work on a boy that appeared to have lost his appendage. Jack glanced over at Maxical, then at the wounded. There were clawed heads and crotches stretched out as far as the eye could see. It didnt take a genius to figure out what had occurred.

Owyn. I have to know if she was harmed in the attack.

Hell no she wasnt! She and Gils did all this fighting them off! I didnt get out till this morning.

Just the two of them?

Yep.

I want all the prisoners sent back that were here. I wont tolerate this kind of thing in the Bloodworks.

Some of them escaped. Should I continue healing these? Some of these wont make it if I dont.

Yes, go ahead. I'll contact the prison to come get them.

Say Jack, they kicked in the door last night, can you requisition me a good stout door that cant be kicked in? And I want a new latch with a different key lock just in case that Agronak had himself one made. He was in the Bloodworks the other night after lockdown. Im banning him from my Bloodworks, Haki can do what he wants.

You got it Owyn. Ill have a rush put on it.

Jack caught my eye before leaving and flashed me the Arena sign for victory.

D.Foxy
blink.gif

*speechless*

blink.gif
Acadian
You really emphaisized the Khajiit in Maxical here. Claws, fur, hackles all of it. Very exciting.
MyCat
"Owyn had nodded briefly, continuing to work on a boy that appeared to have lost his appendage"
Ouch! Maxical doesn't just kick (another word for donkey) she kicks other parts!

OT: I made a Morrowind mod in 2006 that got away from me like this, what was supposed to be a simple tale of kidnapped wood elves somehow grew into an X rated pot boiler.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.