Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A New Sun Rises - Maxical's Adventures
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Fan Fiction
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
mALX
QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Dec 15 2010, 06:32 PM) *

Personally, I don’t blame Hassildor for requesting you to come to Skingrad. Having already saved your life (whether he did or not, he always acts like he did), and knowing that you didn’t broadcast his secret all over Cyrodiil, he feels that you can be trusted. One is left with the impression that he doesn’t share that feeling for the rest of the Guild. Can you blame him? One encounter with necromancer’s (which you are forced to deal with) gets you lied to by your own Guild and sent to Skingrad to spy on an ancient vampire who is not above committing murder to keep his secret, well, secret.

His contempt for the Guild is tangible in that encounter - and I agree with you, you can have them all dead before he arrives and he takes credit for saving you, lol.

I think we have just had a glimpse into your bloodthirsty nature, mALX. You don’t have to kill the vampire hunters. Hassildor just says that he wants them gone. He doesn’t care how you do it. If you go to Bloodcrust Cavern and kill the vampires yourself, all you have to do is show Eridor the dust from one corpse to get him and the other hunters to leave.

I refuse to murder them, actually - I just don't help them in the cavern, and they are usually killed - none of their weapons are silver or fire, and they are in regular clothes - but Hassildor makes it clear he wants them gone even if it means you have to murder them - and Hannibal has to know that you are either going to set them up to die or kill them yourself. - all to protect Hassildor's secret.

It may have been fixed by a patch, but it used to be that if you killed the vampires first, Eridor and his men would not leave, forcing you to kill them or reload a previous save if you had one.

He turns sheet white and hides up in his tower for three days each time you tell him anything that proves his blanket ban on necromancy theory is flawed.
Amen to this! laugh.gif What do you think he does for those three days? Wait . . . blink.gif Who am I talking to? Nevermind, I will withdraw the question before I get a mALXian answer. I CAN'T AFFORD A NEW KEYBOARD!!

ROFL !!!!!
mALX

Chapter 86: The Marie Elena

******* Vicente - Right After The Attack On Maxical (Chapter 80, Page 35.)

An unfamiliar heaviness dragged on Vicente’s limbs as he fled the tent. The surprising sight of his arm swinging up brought the realization that the chameleon power he inherited with the Dark Gift was no longer working. Without slowing down, he cast again. His arm stayed visible. Maxical’s blood had depleted his vampire powers and was sapping his strength.

Unable to keep running, he ducked into a garden area between two houses and leaned against the wall; his breath heaving from him in gasps. It had been so many years since he’d fed…he’d forgotten how weakened it would make him feel, made worse because of the extraordinary heights his powers and strength had reached during that time of fasting.

As a trespasser, he should have dropped in to greet Imbel…stated his business and negotiated with him for a share of the blood in the area. Being caught poaching, those whose territory this was would seek to kill him now. You don’t waltz into another’s feeding grounds and help yourself…not without consequences.

This territory belonged to Imbel and Seridur. It would be Imbel he’d have to worry about; Seridur was afraid of him…and not very bright. Imbel was both dangerous and cunning. He feared no one.

Weakened as he was, Vicente realized that without an ally he wouldn’t survive…he needed protection. He’d have to get one of the outsiders to join forces with him till his strength came back. One of the other ancients was wired tightly to Imbel’s [censored], he must be the powerful one Vicente smelled outside the Merchants. That left the offspring of that loony vampire he read about in the Courier. The others must plan to use that one as a decoy, or he would be dead already.

Vicente caught his reflection in a lower window as he passed and stopped short. It was still evident he was a vampire. His normally gaunt face was bloated from feeding now, but the skin remained a sickly pale hue and retained the wrinkles and creasing in spite of it. His eyes were changing to amber, but some pink remained and they were still ringed red and bloodshot. Although his fangs had shrunk and retracted…they could still be seen as gleaming tips of white against his blood-red lips. Vicente dug in his pack for a cowl and pulled it forward to hide his face before emerging back into the streets.

The gate to the Waterfront District was guarded, the man on duty looking around alertly. Vicente tucked his cowled head down, digging his chin into the collarbone. He kept his eyes trained on the ground lest the lantern light illuminate the slightest tinge of pink to the man. Without looking up Vicente could feel the guard’s eyes boring into him, expected any second to hear the word “HALT!”

Still, when it came he was unprepared. His legs felt like tree stumps, but Vicente forced them to move. The guard shouted to stop, then took chase. Vicente was at a dead run, but it seemed as if he ran in slow motion while the guard sped as if on Skooma. He caught Vicente on the bridge, grabbing a handful of Vicente’s cloak and jerking him to a stop with it.

Vicente raised his arms and slid out of the cloak, then leaped over the side of the bridge. The icy waters took his breath as they closed over his head. He sank much deeper than he expected, and had to force his mouth shut as he struggled ineffectually against the current that eddied around the bridge pilings.

The vortex was pulling him under, deeper…smashing him into the thick wood covered in tar. His hands slid on the gooey black coating as he desperately clutched at the massive piling. The pull downward was too powerful, he was too weak to fight it and felt himself being sucked under the surface in a dizzying spin.

Something clutched at his arm, dragging it nearly out of the socket against the force of the current. Vicente reached his other hand up and clutched onto the leathery arm that was dragging him to safety.

“Thank you, you saved my life.” Vicente lay back on the sandy shore gulping in air, the stern of a pirate ship keeping him from view of the manhunt he could still hear going on at the bridge. “I’ve got to hide, it’s me they’re looking for over there.”

“The guards don’t mess with us pirates much. Come on board till things settle down. The others won‘t mind much…since you‘re on the right side of the law…ha ha.”

The Argonian helped him up and steadied him across the gangplank. “There’s plenty of empty cabins below, you can lay down till you feel better.”

Vicente stripped off his wet clothing and cowl, stretching them on the other bunk in the cabin to dry. He pulled the blankets up over his head in case anyone entered, then nearly blacked out from exhaustion.

Vicente woke with a start. Someone was moving the sheet from his head! He grabbed the hand with crushing strength till he heard a girlish squeal…one he recognized.

“What is the color of night?” He whispered.

“Sanguine, my brother.”

Vicente sat up, the covers falling from his face. A female Dunmer was smiling down at him, her eyes laughing and brimming with mischief.

“Malvulis! I thought never to see you again! What are you doing here?”

“I thought that was you running from the guards. I sent the Argonian to rescue you. I do well here. My…skills have netted me the position of First Mate on this galleon, the Marie Elena. Damn fine ship, with a damn fine crew.”

“I have craved your…skills as terribly as any Skooma addict. How could you leave me? I nearly went as loco as that vampire in the Courier. Malvulis…I must reward you for rescuing me…come lay beside me, I have no gold to offer...only myself.”

“You mean you’re too tight with your Septims to offer gold. Vicente, I can’t. Gaston Tussaud is the Captain…and my lover. He’ll kill us both and I’ll lose my cushy job here. I…like being in charge.”

“Gaston? I’ll bet his head is bald as a stone and shaped like a melon! He can’t possibly match what we had together…”

“True, but he offers other things…like paying for my meals instead of expecting me to treat him.”

“I just did that to tease you…it was just so adorable when you actually did it…”

“Liar.”

“Well I can prove I’ve changed, I just paid for the whole sanctuary to come for the music festival! I got us all a suite at the Merchants, and there are a lot more members now then there were when you were there.”

“Really? Vicente, you…surprise me!” Malvulis traced the outline of Vicente’s mouth with her finger. “You’ve fed very recently, haven’t you.”

“I was forced to, Uriel’s Law.”

“That’s not like you…unless it was a virgin.”

“Pah! There are no virgins in this city, mad woman! Just give me one kiss in payment for my rescue…just one.”

“You may be right if you’ve been in the city long…you probably took them all, or drained them all.”

“Not me, this is not my territory. We can’t poach on each other, you know. There is honor among ancients. We are a dying breed, thanks to Uriel. They almost had me last night, Malvulis. I would have been gone forever. I still have to cross that city to go home…don’t you want to give me a kiss goodbye in case I don’t make it?”

“Vicente, Gaston has talked of us marrying. I have to be faithful.”

“You don’t want me to make you a widow twice, do you?”

“Vicente don’t. Please? I like my life here.”

“Give me a reason not to then. For old times sake, just once…”

“No.”

“Then I’ll go kill him now. You can be the Captain…and I’ll be your First Mate.”

“Vicente…”

Vicente pulled Malvulis to him. “Either way, you win…come on…”

“You promise you won’t kill him if I do?”

Vicente nodded.

“All right, but…hurry. I can’t be found out.”

“You remember which Dunmer mysteries are my favorites?”

“Duh.”

Vicente stretched and yawned. Promise or not, Gaston would have to be killed. Now that he’d found Malvulis again, he was not leaving without her. This could be that contract he’d lied to Ocheeva about having for Teinaava. He could order it done before they left the Imperial City and bring her back to the Sanctuary with them. Antoinetta could throw all the fits she wanted, and run to Lucien with her tales. Vicente didn’t care…not if he had Malvulis back.

The sound of shouts and screaming roused him from his reverie. Vicente jumped up and threw his clothing and cowl on quickly, slipping the door open a crack to see what the commotion was about.

The Argonian that rescued him was running towards him, blood splattering his clothing.

“What happened to you? What’s going on?” Vicente grabbed his arm.

“Captain Tussaud caught Malvulis cheating on him! She had black tarry handprints all over her…” The Argonian cut off mid-sentence, staring at Vicente’s black tarry hands. “Man do you work fast! You better get out of here quick, he’s inspecting everyone’s hands.”

“Which way do I go to escape?”

The Argonian pointed the way.

hazmick
*POP* Hazmick has once again burst with excitement and vampiric tension.

What an awesome chapter, Vicente is an amazing character! You have done another great job! Hooray for mALX!
Acadian
I second hazmick here: Pop. Awesome. biggrin.gif

My goodness, these vampires are a horny lot, no? The Legion could roll out a giant sheet of sticky tarred paper in the center of town at night and place an attractive woman in the center. In the morning, the paper would be covered by stuck vampires, slowly roasting in the morning sun! cool.gif

Poor Vincente. Who woulda known that a simple kitty snack would have condemned him to having to hide inside a hood like Janus?

Seriously, this was very well done, and added much depth to the despicable Vincente. You continue to have a wonderful touch at weaving the familiar (Marie Elena pirates) into your story. Your black tar hand prints all over the first mate was sheer genius and pure mALX!
Thomas Kaira
Vicente... Vicente... you are a bad, bad boy. One kiss you say? I don't think so. nono.gif nono.gif nono.gif

And on the run, too! One could say you are... you are... swimmingly sensual! *rimshot*

GAH! I'm making dirty puns now! Bad me! Bad me! I've been mALXified! panic.gif

*Tom has run away screaming*
D.Foxy
Thomas! Bad boy! Don't you know you have to wash your mouth after a rimjob?

evillol.gif

Now I know whom to task to get rid of the poo in mALX's car...
mALX
@ Hazmick - You made my day with your comment !!! Thank you so very much Hazmick !!! You ROCK !!!

@ Acadian - SPEW!!! BWAAAHAAA!!! Fly paper to catch vampires!!! ROFL !!!! You owe me a keyboard AND monitor on that one - I sprayed everytime I even thought about it after the initial deluge !!! ROFL !!!! I may have to have Hannibal come up with that, and say he got the idea from a Paladin friend - ROFL !!!!

I don't know how Foxy bypassed your comment about :

Poor Vincente. Who woulda known that a simple kitty snack would have condemned him to having to hide inside a hood like Janus?

...without jumping on it - but since he didn't, I won't voice what...KA, KA...came into...KA, KA...my...SPEW! ... head at that comment.

I love it, Thank You so much Acadian, You ROCK !!!!!

@ Thomas Kaira - Oh, I blame Foxy entirely for any dirty humor I may come up with - WAIT! Make that any dirty thought - WAIT! - Make that even any innuendo that could in some miniscule way be construed as dirty !!!!! HA !!! I was Foxy-fied first !!!! ROFL !!! Thank you so much Thomas Kaira !!!!

@ Foxy - Why do I feel like Frank Zappa and Ozzy Osborne are holding another gross-out war - but instead of Frank Zappa crapping on stage it was my dog doing it in the back seat of my car ... or was it Ozzy that crapped on stage and Frank Zappa ate it? EW! I grossed myself out on that one !!! GAAAAK !!!!!

All I can say is ... the only acceptable blasphemy regarding Azura is...the Rim of all Holes. Do with that what you will, ROFL !!!!

Thank you so much Foxy !!!
Destri Melarg
I don't think you can swing a dead khajiit without hitting someone that Vicente has slept with! Even with the guards bearing down and facing the wrath of the ancients, he still has time for a roll in the tar (so to speak). Now we know why Gaston Tussaud had to die! Didn't Malvulis have the foresight to wash up after her encounter?! Like Foxy says:
QUOTE(D.Foxy @ Dec 16 2010, 05:19 PM) *

blink.gif rollinglaugh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Dec 17 2010, 01:28 PM) *

I don't think you can swing a dead khajiit without hitting someone that Vicente has slept with! Even with the guards bearing down and facing the wrath of the ancients, he still has time for a roll in the tar (so to speak). Now we know why Gaston Tussaud had to die! Didn't Malvulis have the foresight to wash up after her encounter?! Like Foxy says:
QUOTE(D.Foxy @ Dec 16 2010, 05:19 PM) *

blink.gif rollinglaugh.gif

ROFL !!! Er...wait! A DEAD KHAJIIT ????? GAAAAAH !!!!!

Oh, if you see the pic of the Captain, you'll know why she probably didn't bother. Which brings up the story about a prostitute that worked in a truck stop (lot lizard) who never washed between johns... oh wait, this site is PG-13...never mind.

Thank you so much Destri !!! You are always appreciated !!!!!
D.Foxy
HEY! MALX HOW DARE YOU TELL THAT PROSTITUTE STORY...HAVEN'T YOU EVER HEARD OF COFFEERIGHT INFRINGEMENT???!!!???

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

And you forgot the clipboard and the mad professor as well!

Not to mention the scoring system -

I better stop now.
mALX
QUOTE(D.Foxy @ Dec 17 2010, 08:17 PM) *

HEY! MALX HOW DARE YOU TELL THAT PROSTITUTE STORY...HAVEN'T YOU EVER HEARD OF COFFEERIGHT INFRINGEMENT???!!!???

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

And you forgot the clipboard and the mad professor as well!

Not to mention the scoring system -

I better stop now.

Oh, the clipboard was definately going to be in there !!! ROFL !!!! I prefer to think about the mad scientist as a retired assassin who has been described as:

X sent his tentacle in that direction to determine the truth. X is that curious always. X must always be learning and knowing something.

(the name has been coded to protect the guilty party)
mALX

Chapter 87: Malan’s Giants

******* Jakben

Jak slid in the rear door of the Captain’s quarters in time to see the Captain himself leaned over a nearly naked Dunmer girl, drawing his arm back to strike her. She was bruised and bloodied already, her eyes reflecting the pain of her wounds…but no tears. Surprisingly, her expression looked determined…yet haunted.

“Tell me who the scoundrel is or I’ll beat you till there’s nothing left to find!” Captain Tussaud roared.

The shouting covered Jak’s approach, he shot across the cabin unheard by either and grabbed the Captain’s drawn back arm with such force that the man yelled in pain.

“Lay one hand on her again, and there will be nothing left of you to be found.” He spoke quietly, almost into Gaston’s ear.

"What in blazes! You ain't one of me crew! Ye best start explainin' yerself, mate, if ye want to get off this ship alive!" Gaston shouted, struggling ineffectually against the hand still gripping his arm.

He tried to take a swing at Jak with his free arm and then sank to his knees with a roar of pain as Jak twisted the one in his clutch.

“I am Jakben, Earl of Imbel. Touch the girl again, and you’ll be explaining yourself in the void…because that is how far I intend to throw you.” His voice remained quiet in the face of Gaston’s shouting.

“What do you mean coming on my ship without leave! Ye’r trespassing! She’s mine, and none a ye’r business! Now git!” Gaston continued struggling to free himself.

“When you’re on your knees before a man, your threats hold no substance. I’ll leave when I have what I’ve come for. I followed the stench of a poacher to this ship. I am here for Vicente.”

“Ain’t nobody by that name on my ship…Vicente!” Gaston’s head jerked toward Malvulis, his eyes bulging. “That’s the scum you dropped to join up with me! Ye‘ll die for this, Malvulis!”

Still grasping Gaston’s arm tightly, Jak turned toward Malvulis, quickly reading her mind. A minute appraisal of her bloody appearance showed the smeared black handprints among the cuts and bruises swelling darkly against the dusky blue of her bared skin.

Jak cast paralysis on Gaston and released him, turning to Malvulis. “Let me heal these wounds…”

“I can take care of myself.” Malvulis pulled herself up from the floor and stood with dignity in spite of her battered appearance and nudity.

“Vicente has fled, leaving you to face this alone, hasn’t he.” It wasn’t spoken as a question, but Malvulis nodded.

“You love that scalawag?”

“Gaston?” Malvulis’s face showed a negative without words.

“Vicente. The one who let you take a beating for him.”

Malvulis didn’t speak, but it was easily read in her eyes.

“You don’t have to answer. Not much man, that don’t protect one he just took from. I won’t leave this one to continue beating you. If you choose to stay, he will turn title to this ship over to you and rest in a watery grave before I leave. If you choose to come with me, you’ll want for nothing, nor ever suffer treatment like this again. You’ll be under no obligation to service me, my only stipulation is I’ll not see another man in my house.”

Malvulis’s eyes darted to the rigid form of Gaston, his face frozen in an eerie contortion of eyes bulged in rage and mouth twisted grotesquely in a fierce snarl that exposed jagged brown teeth. Days of dirt crusted around the hairs on his unshaven face. Large dark rings stained the armpits of his velvet suit, wet from the exertion of beating her mixed with the stale odor of unwashed sweat. His stomach protruded well over his belt, the gaped open blousing underneath exposing a navel filled with odorous black lint.

Jak read her thoughts as she came to her decision., knew her choice before she spoke it. “You’ve endured much to stay with the ship you love, earned the right to it if that is what you want.”

“It is. I’ll stay with the Marie Elena.”

Jak nodded. “Call up the Imperial below decks. If you mean him to stay on your crew…he needs to witness what I’m about to do.“

“Why? What do you mean?”

“He plots against you, but couldn’t act while the Captain lived. When you become Captain…he’ll be free to mutiny and rid himself of what he considers an albatross.”

“Mutiny! …But if I fire him, he’ll still seek revenge. …What will you do?”

“You’ve a quick mind, Lass. He should see what happens to one who acts against you…and know that I’ll be interested in how you fare.”

“Thank you. I didn’t know he…felt that way about me.”

“I cleaned it up for you, it’s a lot worse than that. You’d be best off to send him ashore in a place like Solstheim, an island off your normal route. He’ll have no way to seek vengeance there, just leave without him.”

“Or see he has an unfortunate accident at sea. How did you know Solstheim was off my route? Have you taken to the high main before?”

“Aye…long ago. I was with the Red Sabres under Captain Dugal, the Cutthroat of Hunding Bay.”

“Oh.” She may as well have rolled her eyes.

“Nae, Lassie. I’m not lying. I’m over 300 years old…just like your Vicente.”

“You…you’re an ancient?”

“Aye, although you’re the only one I’d like knowing that.”

A cunning gleam flashed in Malvulis‘s eyes. “Your secret is safe with me…but…at a cost.”

Without doubt, Jak knew what her condition would be. “You want me to let the poacher go.”

“Please, Jakben.” She turned pleading eyes up to Jak’s. “I know he’s the worst liar, and that he still has every Septim he ever earned…that he left me to my fate to save his own skin tonight…but I know what’s in my heart in spite of all that. I have no right to ask it of you…but I do. I couldn’t stand it if he wasn’t out there anymore.”

“You ask a lot, Lassie.” Jak made a pretense of thinking it over, but the appeal in her eyes had already made the decision for him.

“All right, Lassie. For you I will stop hunting him, but I can’t speak for Seridur…nor will I save him from Uriel’s Law if he is caught.”

“Fair enough.” Malvulis put her hand in his to seal the bargain.

******* Malvulis

Malvulis carefully unrolled the parchment as if it would crumble to ash if roughly handled. Once again she read the words, hardly able to believe it could be true…the Marie Elena belonged to her…along with the contents of Gaston’s chest of gold coins and jewels.

It would be enough to make some needed repairs to her beloved ship…hers. The Marie Elena was really hers! Malvulis pressed her lips to the parchment before rolling it back up. Thank you, Jak.

Her limbs and head ached with movement, but she pulled her leather greaves back on and removed the torn doublet that no longer provided cover.

Jak had made Gaston empty his pockets on the table before taking him out on the stern. Malvulis plucked the key to the chest from the pile. The heavy lid of the chest gave a loud groan as she lifted it and looked inside…there must be a hundred gold coins in there, and several jewels the size of robin’s eggs!

Malvulis locked Gaston’s will and the title to the ship in the chest before pushing the key into the pocket of her greaves. She grabbed a fresh doublet from the dresser and was pulling it on when the cabin door burst open beside her.

“Malvulis! Someone’s attacking the Captain! Let me through…” Cyrus the Redguard stopped at the sight of her.

“Who did this? Did Gaston beat you again? Malvulis…”

“It’s okay, Cyrus. He won’t be doing it again. Er…would you consider being First Mate to a woman?”

“To you, yes. Why?”

“Gaston just deeded me the Marie Elena. She’s mine now.”

“A little coercion goes a long way. Watch your back with that Imperial, though.”

“I know. If he doesn’t fall overboard on the way, I’m dropping him in Solstheim.”

“I’ll keep my eyes open for any trouble.”

“Thank you Cyrus.”

Cyrus gapped the curtains slightly at the aft end of the cabin. “Malvulis, you should see this guy! He’s gotta be ten feet tall…shaking Tussaud like a rag doll with one hand…scaring the piss out of that Imperial dog…”

She gapped the drawn curtain nearest her a hair, meaning just to glance. Shock held her at the window staring…Jak had grown to…a giant! His words couldn’t be heard, but Malvulis would never forget the deadly rage in his eyes. Nor would the Imperial from the look of things. Cyrus was right, his pants were stained dark in a horseshoe down the inner front.

Tussaud was praying for death long before Jak, still holding him by the neck…threw him. For a minute it looked as if he may actually be throwing Gaston into the void as he threatened. There was no way of seeing where…or if he landed.

“Who the [censored] is he? Or What? Did you see him throw Tussaud like he was a stick? He ain’t human, Malvulis…I don’t know what he is.”

“It doesn’t matter as long as he’s on our side.”

“You better hope he stays on our side then. Don’t cross him, Malvulis.”

“I doubt he’ll be back. He came to kill Vicente…saw Gaston hit me and didn’t like it.”

“An assassin? Holy [censored]!”

“When he disembarks, I want you and Gah Julan to move to the larger upper deck cabins closest to mine. Keep them locked at all times, and dine in here with me. Don’t pull food for us from the hold, buy it separately and store it in here. I know you both can be trusted. The rest…we’ll see what happens.”

“Here comes your assassin. I’ll go take care of those things.” He ducked out just as Jak walked in through the rear exit, back to a normal size.

“You haven’t healed yourself yet, I’m doing that before I leave.” Jak did not ask this time.

“No spells. Do it without spells.” Malvulis insisted, folding her arms and averting her face.

“I have no need of slaves, my spells are reserved for virgins. I’ve no reason to put you under, you can trust me.” Jak pounded his fist over his chest twice, but still began healing her without using spells.

“Don’t tell me you’re not interested in the mysteries. I read it in your eyes.”

“Smart as a whip, you are. Aye, I am. My late wife Amiela was widowed when I met her; Dunmer, and just as beautiful as you are. We had 137 years together…happy every bit. I wouldn’t marry again without the mysteries, that‘s sure. But I met another just tonight that’s also trained in them, and she’s not in love with Vicente…in fact, she is the one he poached with tonight.”

“Impossible. Vicente only feeds on virgins.”

“She is a virgin. She only lacks the seven marital mysteries. The little white Khajiit from the Arena…”

Malvulis searched Jak’s eyes, wishing not to find truth in them, but it was there.

“I thought you’d be interested in the information. Had he killed her tonight, no amount of pleading would have kept me from hunting him down. I interrupted him just in time to save her.”

“If I could get him aboard…set sail. It’s the only way, he won’t leave once he’s tasted the blood. Can you act fast to take that from her?”

“I would have tonight, but…she said she trusted me. Called me a pet name my wife used to. Guilt, you know. I want Vicente out of here. If I drive him to your ship, be prepared to sail.”

“I will. Thank you, Jak. For everything.”

hazmick
Wooooooooooooh! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Jak is definately one of my favourite characters ever! You keep bringing more and more everyday characters to life, it's brilliant! The pirates, the vampires, the dunmer, the violence--this chapter had it all!

aaaaaaaarrrghghgh! I can't wait for the next vampiric installment in this wonderfully spectacular story. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Winter Wolf
Rocking baby!!

Sorry, Vicente is always my fav!! The man I always least expect to be racking up frequent flyer points is the one that gets from one end of Cyrodiil to the other. Always in style, and always with a woman!! cool.gif

I miss Alix !!! Did I ever post the chapter on the BGSF where Alix sees a female mouse and stands up on his hind legs weaving around like a hula dancer? I wrote it, but don't know if it ever made it to the boards, lol.

mALX- do you know how bad this makes us feel? We struggle to come with ideas for writing and you edit things out because you have tooo many crazy thoughts!!
Rachel the Breton
Argh, curse you, mALX! Despite myself, you've got me rooting for a scheming, self centered, rapist vampire!! blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

LOL

This last chapter was especially good...Jak's scheming is superb, and it will be interesting to see what that swine Vicente does, lol. Hopefully, once she tires of his lies, Malvulis will be smart enough to throw some garlic in his food, and let her trusty first mate ... dispose ... of him. winkgrin.gif
Thomas Kaira
mALX, mALX, mALX... why do you have to strip me of so much dignity? W started as a harlequin, and now we're in...

The Twilight Zone. (You know, THAT Twilight Zone.)

I mean, let's think about it, we have a young, virgin woman who now has a strange attraction to a dashing 300 year old Vampire, and now a huge clique of vampires are fighting for her blood and only he stands in their way... Oh dear, Robert Pattinson as Jak and Kristien Stewart as Maxical.... blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif wacko.gif I'm never going to get that one out of my head.

I don't know whether to hate myself or give you a hearty congrats for my highly successful androgynification (yeah, I did make that word up). wink.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Dec 18 2010, 01:22 PM) *

mALX, mALX, mALX... why do you have to strip me of so much dignity? W started as a harlequin, and now we're in...

The Twilight Zone. (You know, THAT Twilight Zone.)

I mean, let's think about it, we have a young, virgin woman who now has a strange attraction to a dashing 300 year old Vampire, and now a huge clique of vampires are fighting for her blood and only he stands in their way... Oh dear, Robert Pattinson as Jak and Kristien Stewart as Maxical.... blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif wacko.gif I'm never going to get that one out of my head.

I don't know whether to hate myself or give you a hearty congrats for my highly successful androgynification (yeah, I did make that word up). wink.gif

Not necessarily. Jak is a con. Nothing he says can be taken at face value. If he admits to something - there is always a reason he did, and there are usually ten more things he did not admit to.

Part of what makes a good con is giving the appearance of honesty. Jak is a master manipulator because he uses truth to seduce and garner trust. (all the while running his own agenda in the background.)

It is impossible to know what his agenda is, because that is one thing he does not divulge. (In other words, if he is divulging an agenda to anyone, it is not his true one)

** for instance: Janus is not interested in Maxical. If Jak wanted Janus interested in her, he would manipulate that by making Janus think he himself was after her. Competition. The harder Jak tries to trick Janus into giving Maxical to him, the deeper Janus will dig his heels in to keep her - like a dog with a bone, kind of thing. (a dog may not want a bone, but let another dog show interest in it, and suddenly the first dog will fight for the bone) (etc.) Jak is a master manipulator.

The vampire war building in the Imperial City has nothing to do with Maxical or blood, it is all about Uriel’s Law. The vampires were driven into hiding because of it, and they’ve had enough of it. They are ready to rebel. - that has nothing to do with Maxical or blood at all.

That said, there are five ancient vampires, four of which we know have an interest in any virgin blood (the Gray Prince is iffy at this point) - All the bodies they have found were of virgins and the de-virgin’d women that couldn’t remember anything were ones Jack left behind half empty of their blood. It is not just Maxical they are after here, but any virgin blood.

If anything, the last two chapters showed that Malvulis is drawing vampires like flies to her side, and she is not a virgin.

She is in love with Vicente, who has already killed one of her husbands to get to her.

She had her guard up against Jak from the minute he stepped on board. If he tried to hit on her at that point, she would have nothing to do with him.

In telling her he was interested in Maxical, he got her guard down and was able to spill the beans on Vicente at the same time - and gave her proof Vicente lied to her - (needle-pricking at her love for Vicente).

He also either set Vicente up…or possibly her - telling her he was going to drive Vicente to her ship and for her to get him out of here.

One clue in the previous chapter to this one - Both Jak’s and Vicente’s ancient line carry an Illusion spell to alter their appearance to anyone they want (ala Jagar Tharn’s illusion spell). Vicente uses it to look handsome enough to lay every female he crosses paths with - but there is no telling what Jak may use his for.

I have not watched the Twilight series, but Foxy (and now you) have brought it up - making me curious. I know it can’t be a T & A, isn’t it PG-13? I guess I need to watch it so I know if I’m getting complimented or dissed, lol.

Anyway, I wanted to make sure there were no misunderstandings about the storyline - if what I’m trying to get across isn’t coming through then it is my fault, and if I need to re-write parts to clear it up, I will.

Technically, I am trying to keep it a little obscure, but not so much that the reader can’t get a whiff of what’s going on from the clues. If I should change anything, let me know <3
Thomas Kaira
You didn't have to go explaining yourself now, I'm well aware of the reasons and motivations, and that wasn't a criticism at all. My comment is simply centered on the fact that those books (and movies) are not exactly written with men in mind.

And I'm well looking forward to seeing what happens to the rest of our faithful group now that it's not just the vampires hunting for blood.
mALX
QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Dec 18 2010, 05:43 PM) *

You didn't have to go explaining yourself now, I'm well aware of the reasons and motivations, and that wasn't a criticism at all. My comment is simply centered on the fact that those books (and movies) are not exactly written with men in mind.

And I'm well looking forward to seeing what happens to the rest of our faithful group now that it's not just the vampires hunting for blood.

WHEW !!! Thank goodness, because I did not want to have to rewrite all that, lol.
Acadian
Very rich, mALX! I really enjoyed this. Jak is quite an endearing and connivingly beautiful scum. And a former member of Captain Dugal's Red Sabers! Woo Hoo!

Wonderful job with Malvulis. Your portrayal of Tussard was oderifically vivid.

This was a fun episode! smile.gif
mALX
@ Hazmick - What an Awesome comment!!! I like Jak too, he is always up to something, lol. Thank you so much, you are greatly appreciated !!!!

@ Winter Wolf - ROFL !!! Or 2-3 women, ROFL !!! His lying keeps me laughing, it is very fun to write his parts. (Yeah, I am like Hermaeus Mora, made up of tossed out ideas - but when someone like you puts your ideas down in print, everyone LOVES them!!!) Thank you so much Wolf, you have been missed! I want to send you a pic of my new puppy, she has double the wolf genes, crystal blue eyes - she is gorgeous.

@ Rachel - Vicente is too funny to dump overboard, lol. Like you, I really like that Redguard she made First Mate. (In game and in the story, lol). Thank you so much, Rachel !!!!

@ Thomas Kaira - I misunderstood your comment, lol. When I saw the scenario on it, I thought that was what you thought my story was about, hence the recap of the story. Sorry about that, lol. (and SO glad you didn't want a re-write !!! WOO HOO !!! Lol.) Thank you so much Thomas Kaira !!!

@ Acadian - Thank you so much, Acadian !!! Jak is slick, charming - I can't help but like him as written, even knowing more about him than has posted so far, lol. Malvulis took over my keyboard, I had to edit a bunch of her out to keep the word count down and end the scene. I get the feeling we'll have to see a lot more of her. Tussaud's description - I put a full screen image of him from the WIKI up and looked at it while I typed that, ROFL !!! Any extras I threw in were ... imagined by the photo, ROFL !!! Thank you, Acadian!!!
Destri Melarg
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 17 2010, 05:26 PM) *

X sent his tentacle in that direction to determine the truth. X is that curious always. X must always be learning and knowing something.

Make sure to stress that it is spelled tentacle . . . nt, not st!!! evillol.gif

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Dec 18 2010, 10:22 AM) *

ANOTHER VICTIM CLAIMED!!! NOOOOOO!!!!! panic.gif

As to this last chapter:

Jak was a Red Saber?! Malvulis is now Captain of the Marie Elena?! Tussaud has odorous naval lint and sleeps with the fishes?! Hurricane mALX has descended on the Imperial City! Everything not tied down (and even most things that are) has been pulled into this swirling vortex of events.

Now, judging by your comments, Maxical is no longer at the center of that vortex. Not to mix my metaphors, but now I see her as the kindling that ignites the blaze. The only problem is that the blaze inevitably consumes the kindling. Poor Maxical! One of her so-called suitors better seriously step his game up! dry.gif

I, for one, am eager to see how this situation gets un-F.U.B.A.R'd!
Arcry
I-I have missed so many pages of Malx's writings!....Where to begin!? Oh, how about the begining.

I'll thoroughly enjoy delving into this window of your, Malx. I hope to reach the present soon!
mALX
@ Destri - I'm not going to admit how long it took me to get that joke, ROFL !!! Maxical comes by her air-head honestly, lol.

You are right, the vortex is happening totally unbeknownst to Maxical - and most of the rest of Cyrodiil. She really has only a bit part in it ... but funny you should mention kindling and igniting ... hmmm. ROFL !!!

Thank you so very much Destri !!!

@ Arcry - WOO HOO !!! It is so good to see you on here !!! Thank you so much for stopping by and reading Maxical, she has missed you!! (So have I !!) This story starts out about the same, but quickly morphs into a different story entirely, lol. Hope you still like it !!!
mALX

Chapter 88: Vicente’s New Bodyguard

******* Vicente

Now it was not just Imbel after him, but Captain Tussaud as well…and feeding had drained all his power. Vicente needed help, and quickly…a bodyguard. That loco Orc should be easy to manipulate into that position, and he was strong. Vicente fled the Marie Elena and ducked around the corner, following the scent of the Gray Prince to a modest house right next to the entryway to the bridge that crossed to the City Isle.

A guard was approaching that entrance, any second Vicente would be spotted. He ducked into the house without knocking. As he stepped in the door he gave the interior a quick glance-over. Not a bad little house…but for a horrific odor that caused his stomach to surge up into his throat. Like a cross between an outhouse and a morgue…an odor like that could permeate the walls and the only way to get rid of it would be to burn the place to the ground...as bad as it stank, it may already have.

The thought had originally flashed in Vicente’s mind that he could use the house himself as a snug little base of operations for a while, then sell it and pocket the Septims…once the Orc was dead.

Unless that stench could be removed, that idea had to be discarded. Certainly the house wouldn’t sell with that taint, and Vicente couldn‘t stand it either. Antoinetta was out, he didn’t want her knowing about this place…but maybe Malvulis could clean it up for him.

“Who are you? What are you doing here?” Agronak planted his feet and grabbed for his sword.

How did the Orc stand that reek? His nostrils were big enough to shove a whole carrot up inside, could he not smell that? Vicente looked beyond the nostrils, taking his first good look at Agronak. The Orc’s arms and face were horribly scarred by what looked to have been a bad fire. His skin was a sickly pale blue tone…odd color for an Orc.

Trying to read the Orc’s mind netted only garbled nonsense…that was a definite disadvantage. Vicente dredged up what he had learned about Agronak from the Courier articles…big ego, Grand Champion of the Arena that claimed royal blood…best not bring up his loony father.

“I am here to welcome you as our newest member. You are Lord Agronak, aren‘t you? The famous Grand Champion? We are compadres now…I am Vicente, at your service my Lord.”

Agronak responded by preening. Vicente patted himself on the back, the schmoozing worked.

“Did you bring me a gift?” Agronak stuck his lower jaw out, making his tusks more prominent.

“I am the gift. I am here to teach you everything you need to know about your new powers.”

“I like being a ‘my Lord‘. I thought people should say, ’Your Highness’ since I am a Prince too.”

“You‘re right, you should have your subjects do that. I should warn you, the other ancients in town are jealous of you already. They’ve been spreading it around that you’re not a real Lord. I fought one earlier tonight that was saying it. He will follow me to take revenge once he awakes from my punch. I bested him.”

“If he comes here, I’ll make him pay for spreading lies about me.”

“Exactly right! Make them respect you right from the start, or they’ll make you their lapdog. They bragged they are stronger than you, you’ll need a good show of strength and force to put them in their place.“

“I’m nobody’s lapdog!“

“That’s what I told them…and they jumped me for standing up for you. I‘ll teach you the ropes…”

“What’s to learn? If they attack me, I’ll wipe the streets with them.”

“For one thing, you must always wear a cowl and cloak when going outdoors. It is the cloth of the gods.”

“It is?”

“Yes, and we are the gods.”

Agronak stood up straighter, raising his head high. “I am a god now too?”

“Yes, of course. You have powers no mere mortal has. You can read minds, bend people’s will to your own. Your power is greater than anyone else…including those ancients that are casting slurs against you. I wouldn’t tolerate it if I were you. People will think you are weak.”

“I am the Grand Champion! Where are they? I will…”

“If you want to know, all you have to do is smell the air. The ones that smell like me are ancients.” Vicente demonstrated by taking a deep whiff of the air, and ended up doubled over gagging. “What is that stench?”

Agronak shrugged. “I don’t smell anything.”

Vicente pointed to an overturned urn with stains spreading across the floor from the mouth of it. “Is it coming from there?” He honed his nose in on the reeking odor. “No, there is the source.” He pointed to the coat rack that held Agronak’s cloak and cowl. “Good gods, there are…pieces of decaying flesh on it! Is that your cowl and cloak? They are quite…grimy. And tattered as well. As a Lord you should dress befitting your station in life…regal. Don’t let anyone see those shredded and filthy things and know you own them…I’d burn them immediately if I were a Lord.“

“I could sell them…”

“They’ll never believe you’re a Prince if they know you own them. You must think like royalty…I know a man who sells the highest quality cowls and cloaks, and he is open at night.”

“Well…I don’t have any Septims.”

“You are a god now, you don’t need Septims. We use our minds to make merchants give us what we want for free, Lord Agronak. You just concentrate on what you want them to do. And it works with others too, not just merchants.”

“Just concentrate on them?”

“That’s right. First stop by…er…Samuel’s and get your godly attire; then go find those puny ancients that mocked and insulted you.”

“I’ll do it!”

As they spoke Vicente glided slowly to different areas of the room, his eyes darting around for any items of value or that could be of use to himself. His eyes lit on a stack of street spikes.

“Say, where did you get all those spikes?” Vicente pointed to the stack of thin metal needles that had been hollowed.

“I pulled them out of me when I was in prison. You fill them with poison…”

“Yes, I know how they work. They stuck you with all these? Was it the guards or the inmates?“

“The guards, I was resisting arrest. I was still knocking them out with all these in me.”

“How many did they use on you?”

“Count them, go ahead.”

Vicente picked the spikes up and ran a quick sum in his head, then halved it. “There are over twenty here! And you were still resisting? I would like to have seen that, what a sight that must have been, my Lord!”

Agronak preened, raising his head high. His eyes gleamed in pride as he began describing it. While he was distracted, Vicente palmed and pocketed half the stack of needles, then moved closer to a potion bottle on a table.

“I showed them how I made Grand Champion. The healers had to come to them, there were too many with life threatening injuries to transport them.” Agronak finished his story.

Vicente lay the remaining spikes in a pile on the table near the potion bottle, making a show of bending down and lining them up carefully…almost as if he was doing it abstractedly. He positioned the billowy sleeve of his cloak so it blocked the potion from Agronak’s view, and glanced repeatedly up at Agronak as they spoke to give the appearance of being wrapped in their conversation…gauging the timing to make his move when Agronak’s attention was caught on something else.

“I always thought one could make their fortune at the Arena with those spikes. Like when they have the prisoners come up against the real fighters that have trained…bribe the prisoner to spike the real fighter, then go bet on that prisoner. Few people ever bet on the underdog, so it would pay off very well. And even if the guy is caught doing it and is arrested, you still can cash your bet if you're quick enough. I could use some of these spikes, did you have plans for them?” Vicente kept the conversation going to distract Agronak.

“I could sell you some.”

“Sell? And here I thought we were becoming friends.“

“I don’t give anything away for free.”

“I see. Would you be selling them loaded?”

“No, they have all been emptied.”

“How much?”

“Five Septims each.”

“Five Septims! But you got them for free, and they are empty now…”

“Final offer, going…going…” Agronak rolled his eyes to the ceiling.

Vicente swept the potion bottle into his pocket in a smooth gesture, covering the movement by standing up straight at the same time. Chameleon potion, he could really use that now that his powers were gone.

“I’ll have to think about it, that would add up to a lot of Septims. What are you planning to do with them? You know, since we are friends…if you have an enemy it automatically becomes mine too.”

“Huh…?” Agronak looked suspicious.

“Oh yes! We are brothers now, compadres. Anyone who attacks you automatically becomes my enemy. I will fight by your side…just as you would fight anyone that attacked me…since we are friends now.”

“Oho…don’t think I’ll give you a discount because of that. I’m no fool you know.”

“No, I can see that. I see you still carry your sword too.” Vicente pointed to the sword.

Agronak turned to look where Vicente was pointing. Vicente snatched a bottle of paralyzing poison off a bureau top and slid it in his pocket, continuing to glance around and move subtly around the room.

“That is my signature sword. I am known for always carrying it. My father gave it to me on his deathbed.”

“Very nice sword for a signature too…my Lord. Of course…as gods, weapons are no longer necessary for us. Our powers defeat enemies with much more devastation than mere weapons could. Only certain places they don’t work, like in jail cells, or the Arena grandstand areas, the Palace proper…”

“My sword works everywhere, so do my fists.”

“True…my Lord.”

Vicente tried to read his mind again, but came up with the same garbled fuming. It was impossible to tell if the Orc absorbed anything he said. Vicente’s kept his eyes roving for anything more he could use while plotting his next move. Another bottle of paralyzing poison stood atop a nearby cabinet. He leaned on the cabinet and pointed to the overturned urn.

“What happened there?” The poison was slid into his cloak pocket while the Orc turned and looked.

“That [censored] [censored] Khajiit, Maxical [censored] me over…I’ll kill the [censored] [censored]…and Gils too.”

“Where are you going? Better take care of those ancients first, or they’ll attack you while you’re weakened from fighting the others. I‘ll be at your side fighting them, of course…but there are four of them, and very powerful. Not as powerful as you, er…did I tell you that one I fought said you were a nobody and couldn‘t fight your way out of bed in the morning?”

“What? I’ll kill them! Who said it?” Agronak jerked his cloak off the coat rack.

Vicente nearly heaved from the overwhelming blast of stench that breezed off the cloak in the movement. “Good gods, lets get you that new cloak and cowl first. You are a Prince, you can‘t be seen in tattered rags.”

He took one final glance around. The house wouldn’t be that bad at all if he could get rid of the putrid odor…he’d have to get Malvulis to come clean it and see if it could be salvaged.

hazmick
Vicente is a true master of manipulation, I didn't expect to see him work with Agronak though. It would serve them both right if Hassildor turned up and showed 'em what a real vampire can do. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I hope so see more of 'stink fang' in the future tongue.gif
Thomas Kaira
More pungently rendered villains (note to self, read story on empty stomach from now on), and one light-fingered master of manipulation hard at work stealing Aggie's (no, bad me!) AGRONAK'S prized possessions. Vicente is quite the scalawag indeed.

And now Aggie (ARGH!!!) Agronak is all fired up and ready to rend some more flesh from bone. One is starting to wonder just how much of Cyrodiil will be left alive come dawn. Hopefully, Sir Foxy and the Scooby gang are hard at work in the background, so I'm not TOO worried... yet.

You know, that actually has a pretty good ring to it. I think I've finally figured out a name for Foxy's vampire hunters. biggrin.gif
D.Foxy
No, actually, it's "Sir Foxy and his Boobie hunters"...

laugh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(D.Foxy @ Dec 21 2010, 06:09 AM) *

No, actually, it's "Sir Foxy and his Boobie hunters"...

laugh.gif

...er... do you bring a clipboard on that hunt? Does your inner radar go off when you pass ... Hooters? Oh wait! This is Foxy, OF COURSE IT DOES !!!!!
D.Foxy
Well, something goes up when I pass -

*sees Mods arriving*

- er - I meant some people's noses go up when I pass gas! Honest!
mALX
QUOTE(D.Foxy @ Dec 21 2010, 10:03 AM) *

Well, something goes up when I pass -

*sees Mods arriving*

- er - I meant some people's noses go up when I pass gas! Honest!

ROFL !!!! Must be the bean burrito dinners with clients, lol. ... or was it the Haggis?
Zalphon
I'm still amazed at how Maxical got the Grand Champion and an elite assassin to join forces smile.gif
Winter Wolf
Your writing absolutely rocks!! No wait, that is a line from somebody else.... biggrin.gif

I loved the character interaction that you put into your stories, it makes everything come so alive. You always seem to come up with the most unlikely pairings- and this is no exception. If Vicente can smell the odour through those 6000 year old nostrils- wow, it must be bad!!

I want to send you a pic of my new puppy, she has double the wolf genes, crystal blue eyes - she is gorgeous.

Please. Please. Pretty please!! I would love to see my woofy cousin. She sounds beautiful. smile.gif
Acadian
mALX, I absolutely loved this! Vincente's manipulation, Agronak's ego. . . what a pair!

The way you had Vincente sliming around the cabin nonchalantly pocketing everything of value, as background actions, was brilliant and wonderfully done.

How very Vincente to plan for one of his wenches to clean up Chez Agronak!

A pair of very dangerous crazies on the loose! ohmy.gif tongue.gif
mALX
@ Hazmick - 'Stink Fang' - ROFL !!!! That was great !!! You've given me some ideas, too !!! Thank you so very much, Hazmick !!!

@ Thomas Kaira - I puke if the wind shifts, but this chapter didn't make me sick. I just kept remembering..."Foxy said..." - uh oh, I better not repeat it, ROFL !!! Just kidding. Thank you so much Thomas Kaira !!!

@ Foxy - Uh oh, I have to send you a bunch of stuff by morning. Looks like I need to get to work! I will, ASA I get a quiet house and my head screwed back on. Thank you so much Foxy!!!

@ Zalphon - I don't know if I'd blame that on Maxical, lol. Thank you so much, Zalphon - and for that other you sent too !!!

@ Winter Wolf - Thank you so much, Winter Wolf!!! From the man who brought Aradroth and a whole cast of players to life - that means a lot, Thank you !!!

As soon as I get someone to help hold her for the pics I will send you one. Her nose is so long, thin faced - and her blue eyes are slanted - she has double the wolf in her that our male has, and she is beautiful!! She has just started howling this week (6 months), I have been encouraging it as much as possible. The male won't howl, I've even played Youtube recordings for him - no luck.

I've tried to snap her pic with no one holding her, she won't sit still except for one thing. Unless you want a pic of her squatting...ROFL !!!! I plan to try and get one over the holidays. Thanks again Wolf!!!

@ Acadian - Vicente and Agronak - I pictured the two people tightest with their Septims getting together and trying to out "pinch" each other, lol. I didn't get as many examples of them bartering with each other as I would have liked, but the time just wasn't right to have a long inset of them together. Can you imagine if the two were walking and saw a Septim laying on the street? It may start the war, ROFL !!! Vicente seems to have problems with odors and Orc, or Orc and their odors - like Gogron, lol. Thank you so much, Acadian !!!
mALX
Happy Holidays, Everyone !!! My wish to you all: That it is the best Holiday Season yet!! That you have laughter, enjoy people you love, and stay safe !!

IPB Image

Happy Holidays Everyone!

With love, from Maxical
hazmick
Right back at ya mALX and Maxical! santaclaus.gif
mALX
QUOTE(hazmick @ Dec 24 2010, 12:06 PM) *

Right back at ya mALX and Maxical! santaclaus.gif

Thank you so much, Hazmick !! Hope you had a great one !!
mALX
Just to let everyone know I am taking a break on posting chapters till everyone gets back from the holidays, I remember how overwhelming it was for me to catch up on all the stories when I came back after Steve's death - don't want to do that to anyone, lol.
Doommeister
Malx I'm back from holidays, and I demand more!!! Love your work as always xD
Zalphon
Malx-ical, I demand more or else!
Winter Wolf
Yeah, the forums are really quiet at the moment. We all have too much going on with X-Mas, New Year and the pressure that the holidays brings. So much for looking forward to it, lol.

Not to mention that the US has snow and Australia has floods. It is a hopeless world....

Please allow me to return the Happy New Year to mALX & Maxical (and everyone else at the forums, too).

greenwizardsmile.gif santaclaus.gif purplewizardsmile.gif blackwizardsmile.gif
Thomas Kaira
Simone says "Gimme my Maxical, don't make me beg!"

IPB Image
Acadian
Oh noes!!! Have vampires abducted Maxical? Maybe we'd better call in a professional to find her:

IPB Image
Winter Wolf
Either that or Melisande.....or perhaps a bit of Clavicus Vile and a bit of Barbas. laugh.gif
They always seem to get the job done....

Come on mALX- please post some of that mischievous goodness that flows forth from your devious imagination.

Please, please, pretty please!!??!!

If not, I'll start posting some wolf howling vids here and give you a taste of your own medicine !! biggrin.gif
mALX

@ Doommeister - Thank you so much! I appreciate you saying that a lot !!!

@ Zalphon - ROFL !! Thank you so much Zalphon !!

@ Winter Wolf - Lol, threatening me with the howling wolf vids will keep me from writing so I can get some of them! My male dog "talks," but will not howl at all. The female howls a lot, and "talks" too.

Talking - it sounds like a higher pitched growl, but they raise and lower the tone and move their mouths so it sounds like talking - really funny to hear, and they always want something from you when they do it. (want to come in, (the male does it when he wants to go out too) - or want to "remind" you what time it is.

Example: They get fed, go for walks/rides, etc - on a schedule. So about 30 minutes before each event they start "reminding" me that the time is coming soon by poking me with their nose and doing that "talking" thing.

I picture this going through their mind:

"Do you see what time it is? Don't you think you should be getting the bowls lined up and filled? Why don't you have your your shoes on yet? Do I need to get the leash myself? Is there a reason you're still sitting at the PC when you know my walk time/dinner is in 30 minutes?"

PS - I haven't had time yet to get a pic of the girl, the boy I got pics of because (first off, he stands still long enough to snap them) - but he is now being studded out, so I needed his pic.

The girl - I have to get someone to hold her still to get the pics, every pic I've taken so far is of a blurry butt or a blurred face way too close to the camera. I managed to get one while she was basking in the sun after rolling in the mud - if all else fails I'll post that one, lol.

Here it is:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...pg?t=1294425724

Here is a pic of my pup's grandfather (when he was a puppy). My pup's eyes are exactly the same, but the rest of her looks exactly like her mother, even the coloring and markings - and the extra-long neck, lol.

(My pup's grandfather - as a pup, then as an adult)

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...a/strike2-1.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...ula/strike3.jpg

(My pup's mother)

http://www.abneycatahoulas.com/images/our_.../belle_body.jpg

@ Thomas Kaira - Simone looks a lot like a Catahoula !!! She is beautiful !!! You have to give her two of her favorite doggie treats (from me and Maxical, lol) - she is gorgeous !! Thank you for letting me see her, did you post her on my "Pics of Pets" thread on the general forum?

@ Acadian - Buffy to the rescue !! Thank you Acadian, for everything !! You ROCK !!!
mALX
@ Everyone -

Thank you so much for your kind words, and for reading.

I haven't been on here in a few days, my son left for Afghanistan yesterday. GAAAH. I started worrying as soon as the date for his leaving was set. He is now a Ranger, they will be parachuting into a war zone. Bleah. My heart is only half here till he is back home. GAAAAH!

My PC (Vista on a piece of [censored] junk Hewlett-Packard - GAAAAAH!!!!) has been black/blue screening and crashing a lot lately, and overheating like crazy (when there is no reason the graphics card should be being taxed, so it could be the CPU getting hot - GAAAAH!). It better not be on its last legs since it is only two years old (!!). I see me making a trip to the "Geek Squad" soon.

D.Foxy
What Geek squad! Know ye not to bewail the Geeks even when they come with boring gifts??? tongue.gif
Rachel the Breton
Afghanistan, eh? I hope all goes well, and he comes home safe and sound!!

As far as videos not helping...would it help if this Grumpy guy glares at you until you get more chapters up?

IPB Image

And, if you're having any trouble with those Geek Squad characters, you can always threaten to introduce them to this little devil... wink.gif

IPB Image
D.Foxy
[quote]My PC (Vista on a piece of [censored] junk Hewlett-Packard - GAAAAAH!!!!) has been black/blue screening and crashing a lot lately, and overheating like crazy (when there is no reason the graphics card should be being taxed, so it could be the CPU getting hot - GAAAAH!). [quote]

Or it could be that SOMEBODY whistling.gif is writing up some XXXXX and then XXX XXX XXX rated prose on that PC....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.