Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today In Skyrim (Spoilerific)
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Skyrim cheats and hints
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53
ghastley
More from Genevieve and "Shulky" (or is that Sjulki?) - took Mjoll to Avanchnzel to put the Lexicon back, and saved up her hulking for the centurion at the end. Got a nice kill-cam moment - and discovered I didn't have Fraps running sad.gif

Oh, well. We got a lot of Dwarven metal and made bows and arrows to pump up her Smithing skill. So she was able to reward Mjoll for her help by upgrading Grimsever to Epic. The downside to doing that is that she has less incentive to hulk with the extra melee power available. But on the gripping hand, she can do it for aesthetic reasons, rather than sheer panic! biggrin.gif
PhonAntiPhon
So Sam turned out to be Sanguine. Oh how very amusing.
Cursing the feyness of Daedra, Eilidh found herself back in the Skeever, better off to a degree monetarily - (although not from Sanguine) - but worse off in terms of her primary mission, from which she has been badly derailed.

All is not lost however, the Skeever is one of the very few places in the province where she can ply her "Other" Trade and remain relatively secure, even and especially amongst the Imperial soldiers. Sure, she has to give the inn keeper half but that's fair enough for an actual bed, a roof, and a decreased likelihood of being beaten up.

Why is this a good thing now? Well it's surprising what your average soldier will give away when he's "distracted", and she may just learn something to her advantage, and make a little more money in the process. She's actually not doing badly on that front, which makes a change; although I doubt she'll hang onto it for too long, keeping hold of cash is not one of Eilidh's strong points. She has no reason to hang onto it now either given that her contact in Solitude is nowhere to be found.

Using herself as a tool to get what she wants is, however, something she's quite proficient at even given her distinctly uninviting appearance; and 3 bottles of wine, 4 legionaries and 75 gold later she may well have struck lucky...
...it's going to involve a bit of a trek, but it's better than nothing.

All she needs now is a bath and a kip.
Definitely a bath.
ghastley
Genevieve is collecting the Dragon Priest masks, as she's done the one quest-line she wanted to (College of Winterhold) and she's still checking out her Hulk power. She transformed against Hevnoraak fairly successfully. He uses a lot of shock, and that essentially disables a mage, but he didn't appreciate being cleaved by a large greatsword driven by an 8-foot Orc.

And then they went back home to Winstad Manor and dropped around the corner to High Gate Ruins. They met Anska, who asked them to help her find a scroll. Anska proved to be a poor companion, as she reacted to any opposition with a fireball spell that did as much damage to the friendly combatants as the enemy. Mjoll finally snapped and beheaded the woman, and we made much better progress after that. When we finally encountered Vokun, Gen was annoyed not be able to hulk again, but it was still the same day, so she had to use her Breton Dragonskin power instead. She'd already become accustomed to fireballs, thanks to Anska, so she was running with her fire resistance boosted by potions anyway. She did need to heal and replenish her magicka during the fight, as he's a tough fetcher, and Mjoll got stuck behind a pillar and didn't help much.

That was her third mask (having got Morokei during the college quests), and she's planning to rest and get her Hulk back before going for number 4.
PhonAntiPhon
So it's back to Helgen via Dawnstar. Information hard-earned.
A side-trip to Meridia's shrine proves yet another Daedric distraction...
...or does it?
Vital
Sounds like Genevieve is going well Ghastley!

Phon, Eilidh's certainly been busy. Sanguine's quest is a real fun one smile.gif

Well... I've had an interesting few sessions in Skyrim recently.

Attia died (RIP) in a vampire ambush on the way to Serpenstone Isle, to gain the Stormcloak's trust (for the Empire, though). I kept her first save, so maybe one day I can revisit her. If I feel like it.

Ravos, on the other hand, has had more success. He left Whiterun on the 2nd of Morning Star, 202, still feeling a little muzzy from the celebrations. He reached Rorikstead by nightfall that day, and left the Frostfruit inn the next morning with Erik the Slayer along side him. Ravos and Erik headed north with Dawnstar as their primary destination. Along the way they cleared Dead Man's Respite, which turned out to be the tomb of Olaf One-Eye. Later they slew the dragon at Eldersblood Peak and cleared a bear den at the side of the mountain (can't remember the actual name). From here they headed to Morthal, where Ravos had a few bounties to collect. Morthal has no general trader so they had to keep most of their loot for Dawnstar.

After a night in Morthal, Ravos and Erik ventured into the vast marsh north of the town. It was slow going as Ravos wanted to collect as many ingredients he could. He doesn't often visit Hjaalmarch so he needed to stock up on Deathbell and Swamp Fungal Pod. Eventually they reached Folgunthar and after a nights rest at the camp set-up by other treasure hunters outside the ruin, the duo geared up and braved the tomb. Inside they found the deceased bodies of the treasure hunters whose camp they had used and ultimately retrieved the Gauldur Amulet fragment (as well as lots of other loot). Ravos has put retrieving the other fragments on his long to-do list, but whether he will ever get around to it remains to be seen.

Ravos, his horse Blaze and Erik are resting up in the campsite outside Folgunthar. They are running low on provisions and high on loot so a stop in Dawnstar will soon be necessary. On the way they might have room for one more dungeon raid. Ravos has his eyes set on High Gate Ruins, where he has been informed there is some source of power.
PhonAntiPhon
QUOTE(Vital @ Apr 10 2014, 01:39 PM) *

Phon, Eilidh's certainly been busy. Sanguine's quest is a real fun one smile.gif

Indeed she has.
I'm not sure she would call it "fun", but it was certainly "unexpected"...

That said, she's now in Dragonbridge, somewhat better off monetarily, and with a shiny sword, and more importantly the gratitude of Meridia which has extended as it goes into some rather interesting Help and Information.
Turns out doing favours for Daedra, something the (very) irreligious Elf has traditionally stayed away from, has it's benefits after all and whilst she didn't exactly agree to be Meridia's representative on Nirn, she'll chuck her the odd favour, quid pro quo, as it were...
ghastley
Genevieve now has seven of the eight masks, and the last one of course is in Skuldafn, and she's not advanced the MQ far enough to get that. She left Delphine at Sky Haven Temple, so she wouldn't keep bumping into her around the towns, but it looks like she'll have to get involved again if she wants the last mask. So it may be a trip to talk to Arngeir next.
PhonAntiPhon
Game-wise, Eilidh is stocking up on provisions amongst the bandits just outside Whiterun. She's setting off for Helgen once more.
Back in the Bannered Mare, Uthgerd has learnt painfully that picking a fist fight with the Bosmer is a bad move.
(Thanks to the fact that all NPCs are nonessential, it was briefly fatal as well, or unconscious if you will...).

The trail leads back to Helgen for Him, but the amulet; well the amulet is proving trickier to locate thanks in large part to the owner of that stupid museum in Dawnstar. Eilidh will do what she needs to do, I think...

In the fanfic: Eilidh and Larellee are still dancing around each other between Helgen and River wood. An update *is* coming soon!
Eagle-eyed readers will note that Larellee has never been mentioned ingame...
...more on that later.
Renee
Mycharonna the Ice Witch just returned to the Sanctuary, where she reported on the death of Vittoria Vici. Astrid congratulated my witch for getting the job done, but refused to give her any compensation. mad.gif Apparently, Vici was supposed to die exactly as she was giving one of her little speeches.

It's no big deal. Mych is getting extremely wealthy either way. She's got well over 30,000 gold stashed away back at Anise's Cabin. She has no desire to buy an actual house, does not buy horses, doesn't buy anything except rare ingredients, raw meat, and occasional odd items she finds curious.

PhonAntiPhon
Eilidh finds herself in Riften, pretty much the only place she's remotely appreciated - if only for her "skills" - although fairly obviously she's always sort of fitted in, though as you can imagine she pretty much considers herself better than everyone else.
But then, so does everyone else in Riften.
The trail had gone cold at Helgen and Skybound Watch had proved a bust. If she can't get what she wants in Riften...
...there may be "favours" involved, though.

On a side note she's playing with fire again, nightly activities include going through various of the good people of Riften's domiciles for coin and trinkets. The phrase "Ne'er sh*t where ye eat" is not one that our Bosmer has ever had much truck with...
Vital
Riften's a good place for those whose skills fall on the wrong side of the law. I'm sure Elidh will fit right in! tongue.gif

I haven't update Ravos' game in about 8 hours of game time laugh.gif so I'll just summarise:

Ravos, alongside Erik, has travelled from Snowpoint Beacon to Winterhold, delivered a lexicon to Septimus, agreed to help Hermaeus Mora, killed lots of bandits and also cleared a massive Chaurus nest in Frostflow Lighthouse, spent 20,000 gold on smithing training (he wants dragonscale armour before he faces Alduin), buy a new horse (he lost his old one to an elder dragon), killed more bandits, harvested the blood of all the races of mer, crafted about 100 dwarven bows, killed even more bandits and now he's in High Hrothgar attempting to convince the Greybeards to hold a peace council between the Imperials and Stormcloaks so he can trap a dragon in Whiterun...

Also, I brought back Attia. Neither she nor I were happy with her death so she's getting a second chance. This time she's not here to fight the Civil War though. Instead she's going to leave the life of a legionnaire behind her and join the Dawnguard. I wanted a pure vamp-hunter character and seeing as she died because of vampires it felt fitting... So far she's in Whiterun doing some bounty hunting and general questing. When she's about level 15 she'll join the DG.
PhonAntiPhon
QUOTE(Vital @ Apr 22 2014, 11:25 AM) *

Riften's a good place for those whose skills fall on the wrong side of the law. I'm sure Elidh will fit right in! tongue.gif

You got that right, to be honest she's spent more than a little time there in the past...

New Fanfic episode: To Riverwood, Ep. 4
Renee
Mycharonna just returned to the Sanctuary once again, where she has learned Cicero went mad and attacked some of the Dark Brotherhood's members. huh.gif Her quest is to now find Cicero and eliminate him.

Dammit, she and I both like Cicero! mad.gif On a brighter note, Astrid has presented Shadowmere to my vampire, and so far she's been riding this horse. She's never ridden a horse before in Skyrim, but it's possible she may have ridden a bit as a mortal while still living in Bruma.

SubRosa
QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Apr 22 2014, 05:18 PM) *

Mycharonna just returned to the Sanctuary once again, where she has learned Cicero went mad and attacked some of the Dark Brotherhood's members. huh.gif Her quest is to now find Cicero and eliminate him.

Cicero went mad? I don't think he was the poster boy for mental health to begin with! laugh.gif
Renee
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 22 2014, 07:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Apr 22 2014, 05:18 PM) *

Cicero went mad? I don't think he was the poster boy for mental health to begin with! laugh.gif

You got a point!

Vital
Cicero...

Ah! The guy outside the farm on the border of whiterun and the Pale! Yes, mad indeed... But he's part of the DB??

He was transporting his mother, was he not?

ohmy.gif

Could it be???

The night mother!?!? panic.gif

I seriously need to play an evil character in this game tongue.gif
Renee
Yes you do, Vital. Even though this is the spoilers thread, I won't spoil the surprise for you. Personally I'm enjoying Dark Brotherhood, it's got some interesting twists & turns, and also doesn't feel as 'short' as the Companions or Mage's College questlines.

Cicero is one of Mycharonna's favorite people, and I enjoy him too. Yeah, he's annoying, but he's one of the only NPCs in Skyrim with some actual personality, other than the usual semi-hardened demeanor we're so used to seeing.

Vital
Well it's good to see the DB has a solid questline with some interesting characters. It was my favourite faction in Oblivion so I decided to save best for last tongue.gif So far I've managed to avoid most spoilers which is pretty good.

Maybe my next character will be evil? A altmer assassin with long white hair and a drinking problem tongue.gif

Of course I also need a thief character and a mage to finish the college...

laugh.gif
PhonAntiPhon
Eilidh is scoping out the Goldenglow Estate, much to the chagrin of the other Guild members, Bronjulf handed the job straight to her without giving Vex a second chance.
There's more here than just job envy, mind, despite her sniping Vex regards Bronjulf as "hers" as does not particularly like seeing Eilidh steal him from under her nose.
The truth could not be more different though, Bronjulf is as faithless as Eilidh and simply viewed Vex as a bed-warmer...
...as far as it can ever be said to be the case, Eilidh and Bronjulf are an "item" and have been for quite some time, not that you'd always know it.
Where was he when she was imprisoned, r***d, and nearly executed?
Eilidh would have expected nothing more, and would have done the same for him...

She's cut her hair and dyed it black, it doesn't make her any less recognisable - (it's hard to hide a body and face full of freckles, scars and sore bits. Not to mention her rather "distinctive" features) - but it could give cause for a double-take, which would be all the time she needed...
...besides, it beats wearing a hood in the shadows.
Vital
So Elidh's off to Goldenglow? Fun quest that one... Only proper job I've done for the TG tongue.gif

Seems like the TG is just right for Elidh laugh.gif
PhonAntiPhon
QUOTE(Vital @ Apr 25 2014, 07:14 AM) *

So Elidh's off to Goldenglow? Fun quest that one... Only proper job I've done for the TG tongue.gif

Seems like the TG is just right for Elidh laugh.gif

It'll be interesting for sure. Eilidh is fundamentally not a thief and Bronjulf knows it. She's resourceful though and she knows how to get a job done, Bronjulf should know for there's more to their relationship than the obvious, much more than Vex suspects, which could turn out to be unfortunate for all concerned.

Eilidh does not trust many people, but she trusts Bronjulf in the same way he trusts her. He'll deliver her attacker to her as surely as she'll deliver the goods to him, and more besides if he's lucky.

So for now it's casual work helping him out and maybe doing a few extra bits for the others from time to time, and then when the time is right and the reports come in, then she'll get her payoff...
... Assuming pretty jealousies don't get in the way first, that is.

[A note, for the purposes of understanding it might be worth regarding these updates as updates on the anime of Eilidh, whilst the fanfics represent her Manga.
Eilidh The Animated Series is moving ahead faster than Eilidh The Manga/dramatic novelization! biggrin.gif ]
ghastley
I'm having a problem with Genevieve.

She's trying to build up her two-handed skill, so the perks will help her Hulkage, but she's getting so good at it, that she doesn't need to transform so much. With Ebonyflesh and all the levels of Mage Armor, plus the Lord stone, she has an AR of 350, which is close to what Mjoll's Legendary Daedric gives her. She's using the Bloodskal blade, which she's tempered up a bit, and that works as a ranged weapon, so she can get a few hits in before reaching her opponent. Now that she has a few levels of Barbarian, and Champion's Stance, she's fearsome enough without hulking.

She's also just hit 100 in Destruction, meaning she has no incentive to use that skill. Alteration is close, and she'll probably add Atronach when she gets there, again helping her whether she hulks or not. I'm starting to feel I've failed to create a monster. wacko.gif
PhonAntiPhon
New fanfic episode: "Riverwood: Recovery, Larellee Muses"
SubRosa
Inanna had one of those amusing instances of Skyrim weirdness today. She was sneaking up on the bandit camp that is just off the road south of the 3 Guardian Stones. She was not doing a very good job of it either, as all the bandits were looking at her with weapons drawn when she finally got near enough to actually see them through the foliage.

So Innanna stood up, pondering how to approach 3 armed and ready bandits. Then I heard the sound of footsteps in my headphones. Turning to one side, here comes a Stormcloak Courier. Naturally the buffon ran straight through the bandit camp. So all the bandits go after him. One draws a bow and prepares to shoot him in the back.

So Inanna charged in, power-attacking the archer with her greatsword and killing her in one shot. One of the other bandits switches to her, while the third continues chasing the courier. After finishing the second bandit in a short duel, Inanna took off in pursuit.

The Courier had run downhill and toward the lake, to the west. Inanna was just catching up to the third bandit when a woman wearing fine clothes goes running by. Stifling my WTF? I sent Inanna after the bandit, and killed her with a couple of back stabs with a greatsword. After the bandit died, I looked up to see the the fine clothes woman's husband, and their Imperial bodyguard, talking about going to Vittoria Vinici's wedding. There was no sign of the Stormcloak Courier, not even his body. So I guess he is still running...
SubRosa
Inanna is continuing to cut a swath through the bandits of Skyrim. After clearing out them out of Helgen, she moved west. She slaughtered the inhabitants of several small bandit camps, including the bridge ambush near Falkreath. After making a trip to Falkreath to sell her loot, she went back the way she had come from and tackled Pinewatch. Then after spending the night at the Dead Man's Drink, she headed off west again. She kilt a crew of bandits on the road underneath Fort Sungard, and I left her after sneaking into the fort through the side door in the cliffs.
Renee
SubRosa: Wow, what an incredible story with the bandits and Stormcloak and the lady in fine clothes! .. I wonder where that soldier wound up, eh? biggrin.gif

Renee

Loredas, 20th of Mid Year, 4th Era and Year of 202

As of today, Cicero, whom I formerly fawned over around and upon as my stupefous and sole mate ~~*, curiosity here in Skyrim, has betrayed. I only wished to join him in his lair, to hear his incessant , nonsensical ramblings, and of what modus has the cherubic joviality of jesters unleashed upon?

I shalt take him down. Within the depts. of Oblivion's if I can help. You dare betray? You dare mock and make tauntings? .. So you must perish, cherub

non-roleplay explanation: Mycharonna the Ice Witch is doing the Dark Brother Cure For Madness quest, during which she is supposed to kill Cicero. She went and found the location of the Dawnstar Sanctuary (which I had no idea existed. Wow) but the Guardian ghosts are way too strong for Mych. She nearly got killed by the very first one. And this made her angry. Cicero must pay.

She went through a very quick set of emotions after giving up her siege of the DS Sanctuary. For a moment, I seriously thought she was done with Dark Brotherhood. But she's not done. She wants Cicero's death, or at least an explanation for why he has turned.

So what she is going to do is make a trip to the College of Winterhold, a place she's never been. With the thousands and thousands of gold pieces saved at Anise's Cabin, she should be able to afford to buy some spells long overdue, like Invisibility (which any powerful vampire should have, anyways), and whatever the top summon spells are. I think there's a Summon Dremora spell, right? ... She's still summoning frost atronachs with her current spell book, and this just will not do.
Grits
Wow, I am enjoying Mycharonna’s DB journey! This part of the questline is an emotional roller coaster. I’d hate to be the mage who pisses her off when she gets to Winterhold!
Renee
QUOTE(Grits @ May 7 2014, 05:20 PM) *

Wow, I am enjoying Mycharonna’s DB journey! This part of the questline is an emotional roller coaster. I’d hate to be the mage who pisses her off when she gets to Winterhold!

Yeah, I am enjoying it too. ph34r.gif I was worried she might just give up on DB and I'd have to start all over, but then I got this 'revenge' feeling from her, and also a plan.

The cool thing about Mycharonna is that she's evil as can be, but she's also very good at blending in. Xbox's Kinect allows me to switch her outfit from nasty necro-robes to a plain peasant's dress in an instant. So she's constantly morphing her appearance so she can fly under the radar, so to speak. emot-ninja1.gif

Grits
Darnand is in the wilds of Winterhold carrying out some errands for the College librarian. He has KC’s Aravi and Kharjo with him. Jerric and Lildereth are in Elsweyr via Oblivion so he slipped back to the northern province. Also he has Jerric’s horse Kip who had been left in Windhelm for some reason (because in Darnand’s game we haven’t had The Great Roundup of horses back to Lakeview Manor).

In Morvunskar Darnand had a brief vision of his death. (He died. Darnand is one of my characters who gets infinite reloads.) In his vision they were overwhelmed by a flood of mages. Darnand’s body was pierced by an ice spike, and as he slid across the floor he saw Aravi engulfed in flames as Kharjo fell to his knees. This caused him to call a short meeting outside the door.

Darnand was born under the Apprentice, so while he has a healthy flow of magicka he is very easy for fellow mages to kill. Destruction mages are not stealthy especially when they conjure atronachs to fight with the team, so he knew they would have to take on the whole group of enemies at once. Also these were necromancers. That meant they would have to kill some of them twice.

Darnand led the charge with his flame atronach who was immediately killed by a frost mage. He was not distracted by the loss. He closely followed Aravi and Kharjo once they took the front keeping his Ward up and healing them pretty much continuously. The fight was a real mess but they made it. We do not drink potions unless it’s possible to break away from combat, so Darnand had to manage his magicka. He was so clenched by the end I’m not sure he’ll ever take an easy… Wait, that’s Jerric interjecting. Let us move on. tongue.gif

The rest of the fortress was peaceful since the noise of battle had drawn every necromancer to the fight. Darnand got the book and immediately read it standing right there in an icy puddle. (The place was a disaster. Apparently the necromancers did not have any housekeepers among their toys.)

The skies were mostly clear when they emerged from the fort. Rather than spending the night in nearby Windhelm Darnand decided to press on to the Nightgate Inn. They stopped for a few minutes on the way to watch the sun set behind some clouds. It’s funny but when Jerric is not with him Darnand notices a lot more of the world. If the Nord had stopped to watch the sun set Darnand would have been internally bitching about his frozen feet instead of eyes on the sky.

This morning is clear and frigid. They are poised at the foot of Wayward Pass on the way to find another book for Urag. It’s conveniently on their way back to Winterhold because of course Darnand and his map planned it that way. I have no memory of Hob’s Fall Cave where they’re headed. I know there’s a Dwarven ruin up there so we’ll see if he convinces Aravi and Kharjo that they should check it out. (We’ll know if one of them gives a “Look, a cave” line from their dialog.) Kip’s saddlebags are already loaded with the dead necromancers’ books, and Darnand has a weakness for Dwemer artifacts. In the past there have been some mid-dungeon arguments with Jerric and Lil because each Dwemer cog and gyro is NOT just exactly like every other one, they just look that way to unwashed Nords and ignorant Bosmers. Darnand has the sense not to insult Kharjo and he would never even think a bad thing about Aravi, but they could have a major loot dilemma if he asks one of them to drop a sword. ohmy.gif
ghastley
That reminds me, I was astounded, last time I was in Skyrim with Genevieve, that Mjoll actually commented on our finding a cave before we went in. She's definitely becoming less blonde.
Renee
Yep, that's why I call her "Motor Mouth Mjoll". rollinglaugh.gif Always speaking out of turn. My favorite Mjoll moments were when she'd say "I reely miss traveling like this, walking the breadth of Skyrim has always feeled my heart with excitement"

....she would say this WHILE 'walking the breadth of Skyrim'. *facepalm*

Gritsy: Yah for Darnand & crew! Book missions are fun. And remember, the orc doesn't want to "see you misusing any of these books....are we clear?" wink.gif

ghastley
I got tired of her telling me she found the cold air exhilarating, so I reduced her armour to a small patch of leather barely sufficient to stop the guards commenting. She still says it, but at least she's perky when she does so. laugh.gif
Renee
Lol that's funny! .. Yes, I think MMM (Motor Mouth Mjoll) is the most annoying NPC. Others may disagree of course, but she's on my top annoyance list.
SubRosa
I have never used followers much. But I found Mecrutio to be the most annoying. He was always killing everyone with lightning before I could even get one swing in with my sword! laugh.gif OTOH, whenever I do Dawnguard, I cannot count the number of ice spikes Serana shoots in my back...
Renee
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 9 2014, 11:40 AM) *

I have never used followers much. But I found Mecrutio to be the most annoying. He was always killing everyone with lightning before I could even get one swing in with my sword!

Plus Marcurio is so smug and is always talking about how he's an expert at this and and expert at that. I can tolerate him (and so could Lord Haaf-Mersey) because he IS good at what he does; which is overkilling the game to the point that you've little left to do.

Another reason why Mjoll is top of my list is because she's been configured to speak like 10x as often as other followers. Jenassa hardly ever speaks for instance, so when she does it's always rather refreshing. Same goes for most of the Companions, iirc.

Not only does Mjoll say 'blonde' things all the time, she'll frickin' repeat the same information you just heard an hour ago (and the hour before that and the hour before that...)

Vital
Most of the mercenaries tend not to say that much, though I rarely use followers....

Jenassa is my fav so far
King Coin
Aravi traveled to Dawnstar to find Kharjo. While waiting she freed the town from the Skull's influence. There were some spiders outside of the temple and she hates spiders. The priest got to deal with them for the most part.

After freeing the town, she was delighted to see a Khajiit trader standing at the campsite, with the rest of the entourage not far behind. biggrin.gif
Acadian
Oh, I did that quest and liked it!

Yay Kharjo!
SubRosa
So far today Persephone and Serana found Septimus Signus' outpost, talked to the crazy old coot, and went on their way to Alftand. After a long crawl through the ruins they finally came to Blackreach. Which I think will have to wait for later tonight, or maybe tomorrow.
Renee
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 19 2014, 04:20 PM) *

So far today Persephone and Serana found Septimus Signus' outpost, talked to the crazy old coot, and went on their way to Alftand. After a long crawl through the ruins they finally came to Blackreach. Which I think will have to wait for later tonight, or maybe tomorrow.

What quest are you doing here? .. My memory's not so good with names, but this one's ringing a bell.
SubRosa
Technically it is the find the vanilla elder scroll quest. But they are only doing it because of the Dawnguard questline, which sends you to get that elder scroll, along with two others.
SubRosa
Persephone and Serana explored every inch of Blackreach, and eventually found the elder scroll. They took it back to Septimus (when I remembered to go back to the Tower of Mzark and get the lexicon! laugh.gif). Persephone was not pleased by the visit with Septimus' master Hermy Mora. In her mind, less is definitely Mora. Needless to say, she told tentacle-face to bugger off.

Now the undead twosome are making their way west across the glaciers, heading for Serana's home to look for her mother.
Renee
Ha ha the "Undead Twosome" laugh.gif I like it!

Mycharonna the Ice Witch finally made her way back to Cicero's hideout, aka the Dawnstar Sanctuary. On the way there she got attacked outside of Dawnstar by a Peddler. She was Stage 4 in her vampirism, and even though she was still rather far away from Dawnstar itself, it didn't long before she was swarmed with enemies. It was snowing pretty hard, so we couldn't see who they were, but I'm thinking it was Dawnstar's guards, and perhaps a townsperson or two.

She managed to frenzy the Peddler guy, ran away at vampiric speed, and made herself invisible. As the furor died down, she was then able to fly to the Dawnstar Sanctuary itself. By 'fly' I mean fast-travel. She's my only character who regularly FT's. wink.gif

I am happy to say Cicero's guardian spirits don't stand a chance against Mych's summoned dremora lords. ph34r.gif Can't wait for the showdown with Cicero himself. Heh heh.

SubRosa
Attacked by a peddler of all people. These npcs are just crazy. Good thing Mycharonna got out of there. She might have been forced to kill half the people in Dawnstar if she had decided to stick around and fight it out.

Tonight the two Dead Dames made their way across northern Skyrim, and had an interesting encounter with a cowardly Dawnguard member, or former member, as he quit after Persephone and Serana rescued him from the skeevers chasing him (well, there were vampires too...).

After swimming across the icy river between Morthal and Solitude, the two dead girls made they way along the northern coast. They skirted around a pirate ship, mainly because they had already explored the Wreck of the Brinehammer on the way there. Plus, Persephone was getting tired of killing people that day.

After the lighthouse, they found Brinewater Grotto with nothing but a few horkers. Persephone could see there was a section of wall that could open up into a door. But there was no way to open it. She had a premonition that she would have to join the Thieves Guild to see what was on the other side, and decided to just leave instead. Since there was a boat on the dock outside, she and Serana hopped on board and pulled out the oars. (I decided to Fast Travel the rest of the way to Castle Volkihar).

After circling around the base of the castle, the Dead Duo slugged it out with some rather tough skeletons at the back door of the castle. I left off just after they entered the Undercroft.
Renee
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 21 2014, 09:08 PM) *

After swimming across the icy river between Morthal and Solitude, the two dead girls ...

...After circling around the base of the castle, the Dead Duo ....

rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif Sorry but this killed me when I read it! .. It's as funny as Grit's 'B-team'
King Coin
QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ May 22 2014, 08:59 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 21 2014, 09:08 PM) *

After swimming across the icy river between Morthal and Solitude, the two dead girls ...

...After circling around the base of the castle, the Dead Duo ....

rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif Sorry but this killed me when I read it! .. It's as funny as Grit's 'B-team'

That is pretty funny. biggrin.gif

It took me a while to figure out that you are supposed to use the bridge all the way down at Dragonbridge. Two dead girls shouldn't have any issues swimming though!

Aravi has Kharjo's amulet now and is headed back to get her favorite Khajiit!
ghastley
QUOTE(King Coin @ May 22 2014, 10:11 AM) *

It took me a while to figure out that you are supposed to use the bridge all the way down at Dragonbridge.

It's never made sense to me why there isn't an exit from the Blue Palace down to the swamps. Just as an escape route in case of siege. huh.gif You'd expect to find a door barred from the inside at least.
SubRosa
QUOTE(ghastley @ May 22 2014, 11:25 AM) *

QUOTE(King Coin @ May 22 2014, 10:11 AM) *

It took me a while to figure out that you are supposed to use the bridge all the way down at Dragonbridge.

It's never made sense to me why there isn't an exit from the Blue Palace down to the swamps. Just as an escape route in case of siege. huh.gif You'd expect to find a door barred from the inside at least.

There is a little back door down by the water, north of the East Empire Warehouse, that goes up to the middle of the city, by the food vendors.

I always thought there should be a ferry to take you from the docks across to the swamp, and vice-versa. Maybe I should make one, like I did in Oblivion?
ghastley
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 22 2014, 04:12 PM) *

There is a little back door down by the water, north of the East Empire Warehouse, that goes up to the middle of the city, by the food vendors.

That's what makes me think they should have put one on the other side as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.