Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today In Skyrim (Spoilerific)
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Skyrim cheats and hints
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53
Lopov
There was a stranger in Falkreath.

Some liked him and some disliked him.

But everyone agreed about that he was a bit...odd.

While Narri, a maid at the Dead Man's Drink, found him handsome as she did every stranger in the town, the innkeeper Valga Vinicia wasn't particulary happy when he killed Orc warrior in her inn because she called him a milk drinker. While it was true that Orc warrior attacked him first, the stranger (a Breton, by the way) dealt with her rather brutally. But Valga soon forgot the incident when the stranger (who introduced himself as Corcaigh, by the way) bought two ales after the duel.

Corcaigh was not a typical Breton. While most of his race preferred magic and were travelling around in robes, he was travelling in a fur armor with a bow on his back and a steel sword and dagger at his belt. He smelled of sweat, blood and ale, his face was pale and dirty and he looked like not having a proper bath in weeks. He had long greasy black hair, broken nose and two scars on right cheek. While it was obvious that he's been through a lot, his blue eyes were sleepy and his face calm.

But in a small town such as Falkreath rumors were spreading fast...apparently Corcaigh befriended the unpopular Jarl Siddgeir and was seen drinking Black-Briar mead with him. Supposedly he also dealt with some bandits in the Hold that had been dealing with Jarl in the past. That's why Bolund and Solaf, true Nords, disliked him from the start. On the other hand, Thadgeir didn't find the Breton bad at all... after all he brought ashes of his companion Berit to the priest of Arkay.

Mathies, whose daughter was killed not long ago, also remembered that the stranger listened to his sad story of Lavinia's murder. "If he were so bad, he wouldn't have even listened to me" - that's what Mathies said. Opinions on the Breton differed from person to person. Still, most of the guards remembered how Corcaigh was seen talking to a goat. At first they couldn't believe what he was talking about but when they got closer, they heard they had been correct.

"High Elves remind me of you...proud face, long beard...no doubt, you and High Elves are all the same." There were some other minor events that got the attention of Falkreath's residents. Like when he was reading a book called Nords arise! at the inn and laughing loud. Or when he was eating rabbit legs which were not very well baked outside the inn, sitting on a dirty earth instead on a comfortable wooden chair inside. Or when Tekla told him that war still weighs heavily on Falkreath, he responded that "war is as hard as you make it to". Well, one thing was for sure. He hired a room at the inn and while Valga was happy to rent it, she knew that she'll have to change blankets tomorrow because of the smell. Unless a miracle happens and the Breton washes himself in the stream.

Renee
Nice one, Scoundrel! Corcaigh comes across as very dirty and gritty.

Was it fated, that I be drained?
Of night of day, my brains?
That SHE who comes to me,
Takes with her my glee.

Remove my worldly price!
Renounce and sacrifice!
I once not heeded words
and doubted all, those curs!
But she lives within me.
May I mistake such beckonings of glee?

Come to me, once again!
Feed as you will, my dakrend pricness! Make me yours, that I shall glimpse upon eternal life.

Have I been chosen, as Lsstener? ...Cicicero has promised as much, and has arranged for the Night Mother to exalt and . Exaltation and Ex. -~

Climb our twisted fates. I await her calling. But does she not beckon, that I shall doubt and **-~/ing immortality and free-cognizance?

The words of Ciciero fill me with rare glistenings, as sparkeling dews of honey tempting grasses make attractions of varieed Skyrim fauna. My compandy so graciously filled, magestic magics boil within. And I fear poor Cicero may not be amongst or conjoined when next I pass.

Might I need one more uncanny feed? ...Battle-Born speakes, and wishes this so.

Mycharonna is Level 39, her powers grow every day. In the above text, we hear the words of one of the Battle-Borns, who has been fed from several times. Poor folks live in a farmhouse that is easy for her to raid for her sustenance.

She seems to shift from Battle-Born to Cicero, and her dilemma at being named the Listener of the Dark Brohterhood. She has tried to 'listen' for the voice of the Night Mother again, but hears only silence in return.

I don't know how everyone else feels, but Cicero is one of my favorite NPCs in the game. smile.gif I think most people would disagree, but I (and Mycharonna) can't get enough of him. Perhaps it's because he rambles so much and makes little sense while speaks to himself. Mycharonna does the exact same thing (as we can see in her sloppy but inspired writings).
SubRosa
I find Cicero's voice to be extremely grating, like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard. If it were not for that, I know I would like the character much better. As it is, I cannot stand him just because of that.
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 21 2013, 06:55 PM) *

I find Cicero's voice to be extremely grating, like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard. If it were not for that, I know I would like the character much better. As it is, I cannot stand him just because of that.

Same here. Maybe if he had a deeper voice.
Grits
I liked Cicero, voice and all. His impromptu dance parties always cracked me up. But Allek (now retired) was not amused and wanted Marcurio back, so what can you do.

The follower I’d like someone (of mine) to hook up with is Erandur. The wild accent seems to mostly be in his quest dialog, and I’ve never had a follower with his voice before. Plus I think he’s possibly not hard to look at under that hood.

I’ve been wretchedly ill, so I’ve tried not to do anything potentially fatal with my characters. That led to Jerric building the Lakeview and Pale properties. Of course he didn’t really build them, it was one of those outside the story exercises. Faendal is the steward at Lakeview and Uthgerd at Heljarchen Hall. I’m letting them furnish both places, since Jerric will only be a guest at either place. No Housecarls, as he is not a Thane anywhere.

Uthgerd has given Jerric a lot of sassy dialog as she goes around mining and smithing in her armor. It’s a shame there’s not a “brawl” option in general NPC dialog. She and Jerric would enjoy regularly beating the crap out of each other.

Renee
laugh.gif That's kinda what i thought. He's supposed to be an annoying NPC, but I find him interesting. Go figure. Mycharonna is supposed to leave the DB to go to some draugr barrow. Normally she would jump at the chance to travel to a new place, but tonight she literally does not want to leave the Sanctuary. I feel like her RP will suffer if I force her to leave! wacko.gif

She is exploring Cicero's room, which is stocked with several journals. Reading these journals is kinda neat; they tell of the dissolution of the Dark Brotherhood in Cyrodiil, how sanctuaries folded one by one. Neat stuff.

Renee
QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 21 2013, 08:17 PM) *

I’ve been wretchedly ill, so I’ve tried not to do anything potentially fatal with my characters.

Aww that sucks. I feel like I might be coming down with something too. Spring pollen in the air and all that. Maybe I'll actually get sick for once, and get some time off this week

Hope you feel better.

Uthgerd has given Jerric a lot of sassy dialog as she goes around mining and smithing in her armor. It’s a shame there’s not a “brawl” option in general NPC dialog. She and Jerric would enjoy regularly beating the crap out of each other.

laugh.gif

Grits
Thanks, I’m much better now. I put milk in my coffee that was ELEVEN DAYS past its expiration date. Mr. Grits has been out of town, and I am not used to things being around long enough to spoil. So while I can’t recommend drinking spoiled milk, I can guarantee that if you do you will not be going to work!

Oh, also I forgot to say that times like Mycharonna wanting to hang around for a while are when it’s great to have multiple characters. A lot of times when one of mine gets back from some emotionally taxing event they need real outside of the game time with me leaving them alone before it feels right to play again. Or when Big D has a major family change it would be weird to dash off on an adventure right away. I can pretend a lot of things, but somehow not time passing.
Lopov
Mr. Grits has been out of town, and I am not used to things being around long enough to spoil

laugh.gif

I loved your update, Renee, the song is awesome. Do NPCs actually speak when you feed on them or what did the Battle-Borns say? So she's close to becoming the Listener...is she perhaps nearing the end of the questline?

Renee
QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 21 2013, 08:46 PM) *

Thanks, I’m much better now. I put milk in my coffee that was ELEVEN DAYS past its expiration date.

Lord..have mercy. 11 days? laugh.gif Goodness!

Oh, also I forgot to say that times like Mycharonna wanting to hang around for a while are when it’s great to have multiple characters. A lot of times when one of mine gets back from some emotionally taxing event they need real outside of the game time with me leaving them alone before it feels right to play again. Or when Big D has a major family change it would be weird to dash off on an adventure right away. I can pretend a lot of things, but somehow not time passing.

Yup. Agreed. smile.gif Well in my case I've got a choice between two characters now: Mycharonna and Lord Haaf-Mersey. Uber Kness died the other day, sad to say. sad.gif Since LHM is about to get married, I would need a few hours to write all that up, and this would only happen on the weekend. So Mycharona is my go-to during the week. And if she wants to do nothing, I can't really argue with this.

I'm a little afraid of her, you see. I generally do what she wants. indifferent.gif

QUOTE(Lopov @ Apr 22 2013, 04:45 AM) *

I loved your update, Renee, the song is awesome. Do NPCs actually speak when you feed on them or what did the Battle-Borns say? So she's close to becoming the Listener...is she perhaps nearing the end of the questline?

Thanks. smile.gif Well, the poetry up above where Battle Born 'speaks' is imagination, it's supposed to be Battle Born crying out to her, and she hears his cries and writes it all down. But when my vamp actually feeds the NPCs do speak quite a lot. Usually they're saying "GET OUT OF HERE!" panic.gif HELP! GUARDS I'm BEING ATTACKED!"

In the vanilla game, NPCs just lie there while we feed on them (yawn) so I like to spice this up. My vamp will (1) feed, which causes (2) fear (since she hits them with a dagger enchanted with a fear spell, and this makes them wake up and freak out), and then she will cast her (3) Voice of the Imperial power, which is like a giant calm spell. This makes the NPC go from running around mad to
calmly accepting their fate. It is almost like the NPC has become very fearful after the feeding, but then Mycharonna manages to hypnotize them, which calms them down.

When Voice of the Imperial is cast, it also causes a huge greenish shock wave, knocking stuff off shelves, and all over the place. biggrin.gif

Cicero has deemed her "Listener" (I think....I'm a little unclear on what exactly happened) because she heard the voice of the Night Mother. I don't wanna say too much and spoil this for ya. I have no idea how much longer she's got to go, so far as DB stuff goes. Wouldn't surprise me if she's taken Astrid's job by next week. rolleyes.gif
Lopov
QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Apr 22 2013, 10:58 PM) *

In the vanilla game, NPCs just lie there while we feed on them (yawn) so I like to spice this up. My vamp will (1) feed, which causes (2) fear (since she hits them with a dagger enchanted with a fear spell, and this makes them wake up and freak out), and then she will cast her (3) Voice of the Imperial power, which is like a giant calm spell. This makes the NPC go from running around mad to calmly accepting their fate. It is almost like the NPC has become very fearful after the feeding, but then Mycharonna manages to hypnotize them, which calms them down. When Voice of the Imperial is cast, it also causes a huge greenish shock wave, knocking stuff off shelves, and all over the place. biggrin.gif

Of course, I forgot about that - that's so great!
Renee
QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Apr 21 2013, 07:16 PM) *

I don't know how everyone else feels, but Cicero is one of my favorite NPCs in the game. smile.gif I think most people would disagree, but I (and Mycharonna) can't get enough of him.

One more thought on Cicero: I think if he appeared in a movie (especially a children's animation movie) THEN he would get on my nerves. Perhaps it's the fact that in Skyrim, he is so different from everybody else.

Renee

Tirdas, 8:03 PM, 12th of Second Seed, 4E 202

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Days Passed: 268

"Blessings of Mara upon you".

It is night time, and the air is easy and breezy. Lord Haaf-Mersey arrives inside the Temple of Mara, and accepts a blessing from the idol upon Mara's shrine.

"Lady Mara bids you welcome with her benevolence," says a dark elf priestess who mosies about the shrine.

"Her benevolence shineth kindly and generous," answers Haaf-Mersey. "It shalt ease upon our future days as a lighted path eases such way for a new-born who needth guidance from his elders. Mara beckons forth, with her kindred spirit of provision. "

Haaf-Mersey is still wearing his armor suit, but is barefoot, helm-less, and bare-handed. In other words, he is still wearing his travelling gear. He had wanted to come here to the Temple wearing something more appropriate, but thieves had apparently taken all the things stashed away at his room in the Bee 'n' Barb.*

"How may I help you my son?" asks a priest.

"Might I speakth to thee on behalf of one arrangement of marriage?"

"Yes?" asks the priest, whose name is Maramal. Apparently he did not understand Haaf-Mersey the first time.

"I would like to make arrangements, to joineth in commencement with mine truest of loves."

"You wish to be married?" Maramal says, finally comprehending the Crusader's words. "It's good to see some people joining together in marriage. Your wedding will be held tomorrow, from dawn to dusk. Dont' be late! You don't wanna miss your own wedding!"

"...Tomorrow?"

"Blessing of Mara upon you," says Maramal the priest as he walks away.

Lord Haaf-Mersey did not want to be married tomorrow! ... he wanted to do this on a Sundas! A religious day, a day created in worship of the Nine.

"But I ....wanted arrangement of marriage on a Sundas! Can it be so?"

He pleads to the Maramal, but the priest is not bending these rules. Lord Haaf-Mersey and Mjoll the Lioness shall be married .... tomorrow.

10:07 PM
The Bee 'n' Barb is packed with patrons when the Lord has returned. A lot of these patrons are regulars of the place, he notices. Could one of these here be the thief who at some point took his things? Even his cheap town-clothes?

He rushes upstairs, where he finds his love waiting.**

"Our weddding is soon. See you then!"

"Mjoll. I must speaketh to thee," the Lord says, shouting a little to be heard over a raucous Nord below them.

"Did you need something?"

"Yes. I need to converse with thee, on the subject of our wedding".

"So what's the plan?"

Lord Haaf-Mersey almost palms his face, but does not do so. "We are to be married ... tomorrow."

He feels bad about this. Things need to be done, people need to be invited, and he hasn't even got a proper set of clothes.

"I'll see you then," Mjoll answers calmly.

"Ye.... are not of minding, then? That we have less hours to make arranging for proper commencement?" Lord Haaf-Mersey says, puzzled. She is so dull! he thinks but does not say. "Very well, then. I shalt take mine leave, and gather upon a few short hours of respite".

Lord Haaf-Mersey breaks conversation with Mjoll the Lioness, his soon-to-be wife. He then bumps straight into the distrustful Argonian, the one who always follows him upstairs, as if Haaf-Mersey is about to commit some crime.

"Excuse me", he says to this Argonian. Then he goes to bed.

Middas, 6:38 AM
After a few short hours of rest, Lord Haaf-Mersey awakes early. He looks into his room's chest, and gathers up all the flowers and gemstones he can find. He will use these as decorations for the altar, he decides.

"Mjoll? Are ye about?"

But after some searching, he discovers Mjoll is nowhere to be found. Is she already at the Temple? He decides to find out.

"Da fairest proices and the foinest oddities from Mawrrowind," says Brand-Shei the merchant trader as Haaf-Mersey walks by.

"Brand-Shei, have you gazed upon the sight of Mjoll? I am searching about in earnest."

"See for ya-self," the dark elf answers, gesturing towards his cart, hoping for yet another sale. Lord Haaf-Mersey is one of his best customers, but Brand-Shei has no interest in helping him find his future wife.

The Lord goes to Aerin's house (where Mjoll had formerly lived, he thinks) but the door is locked.

"By Azura! Where is she? Where is my Lioness?"

He finally winds up back at Mara's Temple, unprepared for the moment at hand.
Elisabeth Hollow
Its okay, LHM, BREATHE!!
Colonel Mustard
Please, please, for the love of the Nine, tell me that Marcurio is the Best Man biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Grits
Oh my gosh, I’m looking forward to LHM and Mjoll’s wedding more than most RL weddings I’ve been to!! tongue.gif
Grits
Skyrim Jerric did some adventuring in Haafingar Hold with Darnand (Marcurio). They were given some gifts for their efforts. One of them was the Shield of Solitude. Jerric immediately equipped it. I nearly wept. He’s carrying a wolf again.

He also took the opportunity to equip and hotkey his silver sword Frost Biter. He’s been dragging it around for ages despite my observation that it can’t be improved and doesn’t bear a very strong enchantment. The Shield of Solitude also can’t be improved. Jerric does not care about such things, and I guess he finally showed me.

Also he continues to wear his steel plate armor even though he looks huge and very Nordic in Carved Nordic and exceptionally badass and hot in Ebony. That’s all very nice, but the steel plate is his armor.

Last thing, they stopped by the College to pick up some Expert Destruction and Restoration spells. Jerric is the first character I’ve had who got this far in those schools. He’s probably going to stick with the Adept frost spell, though. In third person with no crosshair I can’t hit a thing with an ice spike, but Ice Storm gets the job done. Dual cast it’s quite satisfying to watch, and Darnand (Marcurio) is pretty good at staying out of the way.

Oh, and this is really the last thing. Jerric just got his Purity (Alchemy) and Conditioning (Heavy Armor) perks. Now he feels even more like himself. smile.gif
Renee
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ May 2 2013, 08:27 AM) *

Please, please, for the love of the Nine, tell me that Marcurio is the Best Man biggrin.gif tongue.gif

Ha hah wouldn't that be cool? biggrin.gif Unfortunately I couldn't get Marcurio to leave the manor house. I had a bit of an issue with this, actually, and I'll tell you all what happened later. Got a bit frustrated with the game, I did.

QUOTE(Grits @ May 2 2013, 02:25 PM) *

Oh my gosh, I’m looking forward to LHM and Mjoll’s wedding more than most RL weddings I’ve been to!! tongue.gif

Lol I know, right? I've been to a couple bad / boring ones.

Now I am going to share Part II of my Crusader's wedding story: the actual marriage. Enjoy.

Lord Haaf-Mersey
Class: Crusader
Alignment: Lawful Good

Days Passed: 268

Middas, 1:22 Am, 13th of Second Seed

* . * @-}--- * .* . * @-}--- * .* . * @-}--- * .* . * @-}--- * .

"Ahhhh here's the proud groom now", says Maramal, one of the Temple of Mara's priests. "Let's begin the ceremony".

"Begin the ceremony?" Haaf-Mersey asks. "As in the very moment of presence?"

...He's not ready yet!

The Lord can see there are several temple-goers already in attendance. They somehow knew about the wedding even after a few mere hours, and now they're all here. The pews are packed! Perhaps Mjoll invited them?

"You arranged such?" he whispers to her. But she hasn't got time to answer.

"It was Mara who first gave birth to all creation," starts the priest, raising his hands. "It is from her love for us that we first learn to love one another. It is from this love which we learn that a life lived alone is no life at all. We gather here today under Mara's loving gift. To bear witness to the union of two souls ... in Eternal companionship...."

As the priest rambles on, Lord Haaf-Mersey looks to his future 'Eternal Companion', while a hundred thoughts go through his head at once. Both he and she are wearing their battling gear; they are wearing their armor to a wedding!!! ... Haaf-Mersey feels this is a bit inappropriate, appearing in a house of worship on such an important day, wearing the armor he wears while battling and slaying.

But then, he sees the look in Mjoll's eyes. The look on her face. There's an earnestness he's never noticed before. It's a look he'll never forget.

IPB Image

"....do you agree to be bound in love, now and forever?" Maramal the priest asks Mjoll the Lioness.

"I do. now and forever."

"Do you agree to be bound in love, now and forever?" Maramal asks Haaf-Mersey.

"We shalt joineth for all Eternity, Mjoll and I. Now and forever."

... Haaf-Mersey says these words, and realizes he might not entirely mean them. Am I to be given such partnership with this woman, conjoined for Eternity, now and forever? .. He hopes Mara will forgive these thoughts, if she actually happens to be witnessing this moment.

"Under the authority of Mara ... the Divine of Love, I present you two ... to be wed," says Maramal, raising his voice a little. "I present you with these rings. May you live together in Eternity, forever!"

He says this, and grants both Mjoll the Lioness and Lord Haaf-Mersey with their rings: bands of gold. Haaf-Mersey takes his ring, and can imediately tell it's been lightly enchanted with Restoration magic. He fiddles with his ring a moment (feeling oddly bashful) and then turns his eyes back to the room, suddenly noticing that everybody starts to disperse. ... People start to get up from their pews, and go every which way. The wedding is already over.

"I guess we have our entire lives together now," Mjoll says to her new husband with a hint of smile in her voice. "Where should we live? You can stay with me".

"Our entire .... lives ...." says the Lord, completely stunned. It is already over? The wedding itself is already over?

Lord Haaf-Mersey turns to the effigy of Mara upon the far wall, and begins to drop the myriad of mountain flowers and gems he had collected earlier that morning upon her altar.

* . * @-}--- * .* . * @-}--- * .* . * @-}--- * .* . * @-}--- * .
* . * @-}--- * .* . * @-}--- * .* . * @-}--- * .
Renee
QUOTE(Grits @ May 4 2013, 08:48 AM) *

Skyrim Jerric did some adventuring in Haafingar Hold with Darnand (Marcurio). They were given some gifts for their efforts. One of them was the Shield of Solitude. Jerric immediately equipped it. I nearly wept. He’s carrying a wolf again.

This is so awesome.

SubRosa
W00T! Three cheers for the Lord and the Lioness! biggrin.gif
Lopov
One of them was the Shield of Solitude

That must look great, Solitude's emblem is my favorite.

Renee, I already commented on the wedding scene at Beth but that pic looks great - almost as some old painting. Well done! goodjob.gif
Renee
Thanks everyone! I found the marriage itself rather underwhelming, and I tried to work this into the story in a rather humorous way, through LHM's eyes.

I think this is the second time I've had a character get married, Khahkhayre was probably the other character who crossed that line. He got married to Jenassa, and then one day the two of them found some dark elf feminist farm, which Jenassa refused to leave. indifferent.gif They got into this big fight and this is what broke them up.

I wonder if LHM and Mjoll will last.
Elisabeth Hollow
Yeah, the weddings are a little...unsatisfying. I like the Fable 3 weddings.
Colonel Mustard
All together now; 3, 2, 1, dawwwwwwww! wub.gif
Renee
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ May 4 2013, 07:44 PM) *

Yeah, the weddings are a little...unsatisfying. I like the Fable 3 weddings.

I like Sims weddings!

Grits
My characters' weddings generally feature some kind of confusion or mayhem. Marcurio mysteriously equipping a bow for his wedding to Allek, for example. Funnily appropriate.

Good luck to LHM and his dullard wife! I'm glad he dropped some jewels for Lady Mara. He might need her help to get through eternity with Mjoll!
Grits
Constance woke her before dawn. “Today is the day,” she whispered. “I have a bag packed for you. A few things I thought you could use. And I’ve hidden food in some of the barrels outside. Just in case.”

The children were all still asleep, or at least pretending. She dressed quietly so as not to wake them. Grelod disapproved of emotions, and today there would be no way to hide them. Better to skip the goodbyes.

Constance spoke in her gentle voice. “Remember, talk to Brynjolf before you pick any pockets. See the merchants for work. Balimund might teach you leathercraft. After all, he took in Asbjorn. And they might have a job for you at the Fishery, but stay away from Maven Black-Briar’s affairs. And don’t let Haelga catch you turning tricks.”

“I’m not going to do that. I’ll find some other way.”

Constance held out the bag. “Well go see the alchemist just the same. Definitely before you get a boyfriend. I don’t want you back in a year dropping a newborn on our doorstep.”

“All right. Thank you, Constance. You’ve been so kind. I don’t know how…”

“None of that.” The Imperial was fighting her own tears. “You’re welcome to come back and visit. But the Jarl won’t pay another Septim for your care, so Grelod won’t let you stay.”

“I know.” She took the bag and opened the orphanage door. Freedom. It smelled a lot like the fishery.

Denelle!” Constance caught her hand and squeezed it as she stepped out into the morning. “Happy birthday.”

Renee

Awww. Denelle looks like a young Tina Turner in that pic.

Who is Constance? I haven't met a Constance yet. That's a name I'd remember, too.

SubRosa
QUOTE(Grits @ May 6 2013, 10:02 AM) *

Constance woke her before dawn. “Today is the day,” she whispered. “I have a bag packed for you. A few things I thought you could use. And I’ve hidden food in some of the barrels outside. Just in case.”

The children were all still asleep, or at least pretending. She dressed quietly so as not to wake them. Grelod disapproved of emotions, and today there would be no way to hide them. Better to skip the goodbyes.

Constance spoke in her gentle voice. “Remember, talk to Brynjolf before you pick any pockets. See the merchants for work. Balimund might teach you leathercraft. After all, he took in Asbjorn. And they might have a job for you at the Fishery, but stay away from Maven Black-Briar’s affairs. And don’t let Haelga catch you turning tricks.”

“I’m not going to do that. I’ll find some other way.”

Constance held out the bag. “Well go see the alchemist just the same. Definitely before you get a boyfriend. I don’t want you back in a year dropping a newborn on our doorstep.”

“All right. Thank you, Constance. You’ve been so kind. I don’t know how…”

“None of that.” The Imperial was fighting her own tears. “You’re welcome to come back and visit. But the Jarl won’t pay another Septim for your care, so Grelod won’t let you stay.”

“I know.” She took the bag and opened the orphanage door. Freedom. It smelled a lot like the fishery.

Denelle!” Constance caught her hand and squeezed it as she stepped out into the morning. “Happy birthday.”

Awww, Denelle had her 16th birthday, and she's being kicked out of Little Lamplight. Now its off to Big Town for her. Hope she avoids the Super-Mutants... wink.gif

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ May 6 2013, 02:03 PM) *

Awww. Denelle looks like a young Tina Turner in that pic.

Who is Constance? I haven't met a Constance yet. That's a name I'd remember, too.

Constance works at the Honorhall Orphanage. She is the nice one.
Renee
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 6 2013, 03:02 PM) *

Constance works at the Honorhall Orphanage. She is the nice one.

Oh dangit. One of mine has met her before. Whoops.

Grits
Denelle the Deuce spent her sixteenth birthday looking for work. Brynjolf’s organization was full of hard cases, and their boss offered her a job that would get her instantly killed. Several of the merchants wanted things gathered, but the things mostly came from the bodies of deadly creatures. Some man in the Bee and Barb asked her to cross the Black-Briars. Then the Argonian proprietors threw her out. She tried to use her last coin to buy some luck, but even the beggar Edda wouldn’t take her coin. (Which was strange.)

Out of desperation she went into the Scorched Hammer.

Asbjorn had shaved his head, grown a beard, and doubled in size since he left the orphanage. His work kept him busy indoors, and in all of the times Denelle had slipped out into town she had never caught a glimpse of him. But this man had Asbjorn’s pale eyes and sweet smile.

“Have you met Balimund?” he asked her. “I'm his apprentice. He's teaching me all about being a blacksmith.”

“I’ve met him.” Denelle chewed her lip. “Do you remember me? I was only little when Balimund took you away.”

“Aye. You’re not much bigger now. But you could learn to craft with hides, I’d wager. Ask Balimund to show you. He has a kind heart.”

Balimund spent some time showing her how to work the forge despite his obvious doubt that she could manage it.

“Well, you show a little promise,” he finally told her. “I’m not gonna lie, your work isn’t worth the leather it’s made of. But keep at it and you’ll improve.”

“All right. Thank you, Balimund. And I’ll keep an eye out for those fire salts you need.”

He must have noticed her dismay. “Say, you’re a Breton. You’ll be better at alchemy than smithing, I’d wager. Speak to Hafjorg down at Elgrim’s Elixirs. I’m sure she’ll show you the basics. Maybe you’ll have a knack for it. I never could get the hang of it myself.”

Hafjorg was happy to let Denelle read their books and use the alchemy table. She even had a job for her.

“Be careful, dear,” the old woman advised. “The road to Shor’s Stone can be dangerous.”

Denelle spent the afternoon gathering alchemy ingredients outside the city walls under the watchful eyes of her wolf familiar. As the sun set she began to shiver. Everything she owned was in the rough sack at her feet, and she still had nowhere to sleep that night. She wasn’t welcome at Haelga’s Bunkhouse or the Bee and Barb. None of the merchants trusted her enough to offer shelter. Even Beggar’s Row was closed to her.

She shouldered her bag and headed back into the city. Tomorrow was another day. She would go to Shor’s Stone and prove she could be trusted. But tonight she would have to find some corner in the Ratway.
SubRosa
Poor Denelle, what is a Deuce to do? Given her name, I wonder if she is going to drive one of These to Shor's Stone?
Renee
I'm assuming Denelle can't do business in Riften 'cause of the Thieves Guild. That's a questline I've started a couple times but never finished, but I've heard it starts getting more and more interesting (after the shopkeeper bullying part) which intrigues me.

Lord Haaf-Mersey has that minor quest from the smith Brynjolf: He's supposed to collect 10 fire salts. He's probably already done so; problem is he keeps leaving them all over Skyrim, so the quest never gets finished. laugh.gif

Grits
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 7 2013, 02:39 PM) *

Poor Denelle, what is a Deuce to do? Given her name, I wonder if she is going to drive one of These to Shor's Stone?

rollinglaugh.gif I love it! Denelle IS a little deuce coupe! She’s stripped down (carries only a hide shield and dagger) and hopped up (most points in stamina), plus she’s a redhead and we know that the red ones go faster. tongue.gif She made a dash for Kharjo's amulet in a mostly outdoor bandit stronghold that really surprised me. She had no intention of killing all of those people. And why bother when you can just run past them? blink.gif

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ May 10 2013, 09:46 AM) *
I'm assuming Denelle can't do business in Riften 'cause of the Thieves Guild.

That’s exactly right. The TG quest Taking Care of Business pissed some people off. It works well as mistrust of a recently released orphan who has probably been picking pockets for Brynjolf whenever she had the chance. (The orphan Samuel has dialog about slipping out while Grelod naps to “make a livin’” on the streets.) Denelle could technically still rent a room at the Bee and Barb, but since they gave her the “hit the road” and “There’s the door, why don’t you use it” dialog we’re playing that she’s not welcome. The game would also let her sleep at Haelga’s, but the NPC dialog says no. And if she took the TG bed it would mean she was accepting their insta-death quest. ohmy.gif So it’s the Ratway for little D!
Renee
QUOTE(Grits @ May 10 2013, 11:18 AM) *

That’s exactly right. The TG quest Taking Care of Business pissed some people off. It works well as mistrust of a recently released orphan who has probably been picking pockets for Brynjolf whenever she had the chance. (The orphan Samuel has dialog about slipping out while Grelod naps to “make a livin’” on the streets.) Denelle could technically still rent a room at the Bee and Barb, but since they gave her the “hit the road” and “There’s the door, why don’t you use it” dialog we’re playing that she’s not welcome. The game would also let her sleep at Haelga’s, but the NPC dialog says no. And if she took the TG bed it would mean she was accepting their insta-death quest. ohmy.gif So it’s the Ratway for little D!

I agree with your decision to follow the NPC dialog instead of the lack of game consequences. Makes sense.

I also could not get past Taking Care of Bizness. rolleyes.gif That was with Khahkhayre, though, and he wasn't really as much of an evildoer as I had thought he might be. Mycharonna is my other character who started TG, and she botched the very first part of the quest (stealing the ring) laugh.gif but she might find herself interested in checking out the Ratway/TG at some point. We'll have to see. Maybe she will start TG, get asked to bully shopkeepers, and she'll be glad to do it.

Both Pseron Wyrd and Lopov have told me TG gets really good. smile.gif Makes me want to check it out more definitively.

Renee
I wrote this a few days ago. I was about to get sick (which I didn't know) and do not even remember writing most of this! ... It's entertaining, but you can tell towards the end I was losing focus! laugh.gif

Tirdas, 9:07 AM, 2nd of Mid Year

Lord Haaf-Mersey

Days Passed: 289
Level: 41

"You shoulddd have seen me at tha height of my addvenddduring career. I was feerless, and took too many reesks. But dat's whad it was all aboud."

Snow falls thick from the sky, and although it is morning, it is hard to tell if this is truely so. On days like this, there isn't much difference between morning, noon and afternoon up here in The Pale.

Lord Haaf-Mersey and his new wife Mjoll the Lioness walk single file out of Dawnstar. Occasionally the Lord raises his hand, casting a spell which is unseen to his other half. oooooooooooo... 'Clairvoyance' it is called. It's a spell which back in the 3rd Era would probably be found in Tamriel's long-lost Mysticism class. But now it's considered Illusion.

...And Haaf-Mersey is glad for this. Mjoll the Lioness hasn't got much of an aptitude for magic, so she cannot see what his spell actually does. And he does not want his new wife to know he is calling upon forces of magic to steer him towards his latest location.

The Lord is trying something new today: a new route back to Winterhold, eschewing roads he has traveled so many times in favor of a walk through packed snow. So he is especially glad when (after awhile) his spell starts to fail him. It tells him to go one way, then seems to change its mind and sends him towards the opposite.

"Blasted to Oblivion!"

He is glad Mjoll can't tell what is happening, magically-speaking. He fears embarassment at the very thought!

"Contemptuous wizardry, cannot one rely simply upon banalities of essence?!"

After awhile, the Lord gives up, and stops casting his magic. Sometimes, one must use his own wits to travel by, especially if he (and she) happen to not be travelling upon a road.

...The Lord gets frustrated, then a brainstorm occurs...

As his clairvoyance spell loses focus, the Lord realizes there are visable shadows falling on the ground, caused by Mjoll and he. Haaf-Mersey remembers his military training (from his Cyrodiilic youth) and orients himself so that their shadows fall behind them. NOW he knows he is headed east, since it is still morning. ... The shadows which fall behind happen to be a long ones, too. The longer the better. When the shadows start to fall directly under their feet, the Lord knows it is about Noon, shadows will no longer be useful, and this means all travel must stop.

"One trick, the natural lights of Kynareth, whose spritis shineth with grace upon these cast-about stones, shalt guide us towards our fate," he says to Mjoll happily, knowing she'll barely be able to understand him.

Lord Haaf-Mersey, the Crusader from Cyrodiil, has just found a very important item, one which will change the fate of Skyrim itself. He and Mjoll need to make it back to an obscure ice cave near Winterhold, where a madman named Septimus awaits.

"My maadher was a sdddrong woman. She's da one who instrudddcted me on my swordfighting techiques. Can you imageen?"

Lord Haaf-Mersey rolls his eyes. Good thing he's leading the pair, and therefore she cannot see this.

As a former adventurer, Mjoll the Lioness has plenty of stories to tell, and he's heard all of them. Many times. He's heard how her "fahhder took her into Morddowind" when she was just a child, and that "da cleef racers made for excallent sport". He has heard how she "once was nearly rubbed by a cut-puhse on da road", but when she "drew Greemsever, I think da poor man soiledd his armors!" Oh, and let us not forget how she's "Nevah been a sell-sword", and "nevah traddded her skills for pay," and "always addveddured on her own terms."

"M'lady Mara, give me strength," the Lord begs as the pair near an Imperial stronghold.

After getting married, Lord Haaf-Mersey returned home to Lakeview Manor, and was surprised when his new wife refused to accept becoming a steward for his property. Now that Mjoll has been traveling about again, she's not accepting a docile, easygoing life in Falkreath Hold, merely tending to gardens and reading books.* She is not wanting to obey him, and give up adventuring. Since Marcurio was no longer staying at Lakeview, this meant that his adopted daughter Lucia would now have to live alone, ... at least until he finds whatever solution there may be to find.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"I mees da cold air. Walking the breadddth of Skyreem has always feeled my heard with excitemend".

"We walk the breadth of Skyrim now, you twit", the Lord comments under his breath.

The pair make it to Winterhold a day later. Once inside the Frozen Hearth, room rented and bellies full, Lord Haaf-Mersey picks up the Elder Scroll he has retrieved, and tries to read it.

Once again, his efforts are in vain.
Darkness Eternal
Today our vampire hero, Raven Meridius, saved her people by destroying the extremist Harkon. I'll write up the aftermath of the battle and her new station as leader of the clan wub.gif
Renee
Sweet! I can't wait for LHM to take on Harkon. viking.gif

Grits
QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ May 10 2013, 06:19 PM) *

"I mees da cold air. Walking the breadddth of Skyreem has always feeled my heard with excitemend".

"We walk the breadth of Skyrim now, you twit", the Lord comments under his breath.

rollinglaugh.gif That's exactly how I felt whenever one of my characters traveled with Mjoll. And good gracious, LHM married her! laugh.gif His marital dilemma is very entertaining.

Congrats to Raven, DE! I've never had a character survive that questline on the vamp side (yet). I'd like to get to know those NPCs better.

Darkness Eternal
I reloaded my last save and Rped Raven's victory. I never felt the ending of the questline was truly complete. Though the vampire character is made leader, nothing truly dramatic changes. The clan might see you as their head, but they still offer the same snide comments -_-

But the remaining side-quests are very fun indeed! Raven had a blast!
~ Raven's Promotion~

"Lord Harkon defeated. I never imagined I'd see the day. My congratulations on defeating Harkon. Clearly, you are the superior vampire. You are the new Master; we bow to your power."

Lord Harkon has been defeated, and his extreme tyrannical plot to bring eternal darkness into the world has followed him into grave. His killer(and ultimately his successor) now plans to bring a new vision into motion and she will start by tying up the loose ends. Garan Marethi confirmed her thoughts on how to begin this dark course.

“The Dawnguard will, no doubt, soon become even more of a nuisance now that Auriel's Bow has been recovered. We need to strike a crippling blow against them before they muster more men against us. They've holed up in an abandoned fort in the Rift. Killing their leaders should discourage an all out war with us."

Raven had a face of exquisite beauty. Lustrous black hair, the color of night, framed her elegant attributes. Her pale white skin was smooth and polished and flawless as alabaster. Fiery eyes burned as red as rubies and bright as liquid fire. The smooth points of her incisors peeked from her red lips. A black cloak draped her lithe body, and two deadly katanas hung from her sides as she marched to secure her final victory. The heart of her people.

She stood at the balcony of Castle Volkihar, overlooking the court with Serana at her side. A crowd of servants and clan members gathered below, murmuring amongst themselves at their new leader.

Raven spoke out loud. “This has been the most trying of times, but we have survived this far. Lord Harkon was our ultimate test—it was the last gasp of extremism and shameful ideals. Though your former lord is no longer here, this clan will survive and it will continue to do so under my hand. We are a clan that will never return to the corrupted visions that have plagues us so deeply. The direction of this course is clear; I am eternally devoted in preserving Our ideals and Our way of life.”

She paced back and forth, hands behind her back and inspired voice loud and clear so that it echoed throughout the castle in a booming voice of sheer authority. “The Dawnguard are relentless. If they are not destroyed to the last creature, there will be a war without end. To sterilize their base of operations shall be my first task as leader of this clan. There will be no living being left behind. Not a single heart left beating. I will topple the Dawnguard leadership, in their 'secret fortress” in the Rift. And I say to you that when they are all eradicated, the remaining vampire hunters will be hunted down and defeated to the last man and woman. We shall tackle the scattered murderers and bring their ridiculous crusade to its fated end!"

The clan clapped and nodded. Raven smiled and lifted her hands enthusiastically. “You must do your part. Become my eyes and ears. Travel to the corners of Skyim and bring the sword to vampire barbarians. Strike down the animals who taint the name of vampyre and bring chaos to our door. Bring order and security to our superior kind! This is my command!”

Her hand touched one of her swords, and she turned to Serana. She felt daylight coming. "Dawn is rising, but for the Dawnguard the eternal night has just begun."
Renee
ahh dang. biggrin.gif I haven't got to the end of DG yet, and so I forced myself not to read this! Trying not to read spoilers. I'll remember this post, though, and come back to it later on. I'm pretty sure my crusader is nearing the end of the questline

Renee
Hey everyone. Allow me to share something I wrote up a week or 2 ago. smile.gif It was a mess until I just edited it, and it is called....

The Breakup

"I've never seen Mjoll this upset about anything. This city really gets to her".

Said Aerin, Mjoll the Lioness's mysterious live-in partner. This statement had caused Lord Haaf-Mersey to stop, and take pause. Upset? Why would she be upset? The pair (Aerin and Haaf-Mersey) had found a moment alone in what is now solely Aerin's house, here in Riften. At least, this is what Haaf-Mersey had been assuming.

"Could it mayhap be the very thieves and cut-purses who dwell deep within thus bowels of Riften, which causeth distemperance towards our precious Mjoll?" Haaf-Mersey asks Aerin.

The Lord is genuinely confused. Some time after getting married, Lord Haaf-Mersey returned home, and presented his new wife, Mjoll the Lioness, with her 'gift': the home he had built with Marcurio. Lakeview Manor. The Lord had thought that Mjoll would be excited, that she would 'take upon residence', gladly decorating the place with curtains and candles, and fawning over her new step-daughter Lucia. But Mjoll had done neither. When the Lord had asked her what she thought of the place, she had merely spoken:

"I'm itching for a fight, let's go!"

And so it was. Mjoll refused to give up adventuring to become his Steward. She had refused to choose a docile, easygoing life tending to gardens and herding chickens, watching over Lucia, keeping her safe as Marcurio had previously done. She would have none of this! ... On the subject of Marcurio: he had left Lakeview Manor (after some very poignant threats from Haaf-Mersey) but before this Marcurio had become increasingly annoying over the past few months, goading the Lord to take him back on the road again and again.

Marcurio the Wizard missed travelling around Skyrim, ridding its evils, and Haaf-Mersey couldn't blame him. But at least Marcurio had offered to become a Steward on his own, and then lived up to his offer, his promise to protect the Lord's manor house. From danger. From bandits. From vampires.

Marcurio had offered to become steward of all Haaf-Mersey had worked for, and then followed through on his offer. But Mjoll? She had flatly denied him.

"I must go", says Aerin, after not answering Lord Haaf-Mersey's previous question.

Aerin leaves his home to loiter around Riften once more. And the Lord thinks this is just as well.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

The day is sunny once again in Riften. The sun always seems to shine here, Lord Haaf-Mersey notices. It's one of the reasons why he likes this village, despite its seedy nature, and an underground establishment which he and Marcurio had visited a few months earlier. Although Haaf-Mersey had his suspicions, he could not prove that The Ratway was anything other than a very dark tavern, located far beneath Riften itself. If there indeed is an equivalent to a Thieves Guild headquarters here, there was nothing he could do about it.

But all of that is in the past. For now, Haaf-Mersey strolls in the sunshine, savoring this day. In the near future, it'll be 'back to work', and he will need to visit Castle Dawnguard once again.

"How can a humble serveant of Talos help you today?"

Lord Haaf-Mersey stops in his tracks, suddenly noticing the woman who has passed him. She's a monk, dressed in robes, and smelling of sandalwood. And he's never noticed her before.

"Ye speakth of Talos?" he asks.

Her name is Nura Snow-Shod. A humble servant of the Eight or the Nine. A priestess. As Nura stops and turns back to him, Haaf-Mersey considers her. Could he have feelings for a priestess? Could a priestess be the one who would 'take upon residence' at Lakeview Manor?

... It would be nice to have not just a woman, but one who is devoted to the Nine protecting over his establishment. Mjoll and himself? ... What of Mjoll and himself? ... Mjoll had proven selfish, indeed, and as the Lord engages in conversation with Nura, he finds himself considering her fully.

But then, she speaks.

"He's dda proddector of man. Da dddragon of da north. He's da paddron saint of all mortals. And ddespite da Nords and their treaddy, he will always be..."

Lord Haaf-Mersey doesn't catch the rest. He was momentarily intrigued by her, but now he loses interest. Her voice. It reminds him of his wife. And anyways, this priestess of Talos has not seen the light in Haaf-Mersey, not even as he wears an Amulet of Mara upon his chest.

She is not the one.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

"Did we have an appointment? I forget. ....A delivery? I can't remember."

Riften's court wizard Wylandriah moans and frets, as Lord Haaf-Mersey visits her special room to do some buying and selling

"I'm in the middle of some delicate experiments," she informs him.

"What has thee such of pre-occupation, m'lady?" he asks, considering her now.

A priestess of Mara would not do, but what about a court wizard?

"Someone actually interested in what I'm doing!?" she gushes. "Well allow me to explain... My experimentation involves a magical construct and a re-agent, that will help the construct maintain a field of perfect harmony," she answers quickly.

Her words confuse Lord Haaf-Mersey. Being a non magic-user* he has no idea what she is talking about. ... But he is intrigued anyways. She is one of intelligence, as the light of Julianos shineth within. ... In other words, she is the opposite of his wife, Mjoll. Could the lady I so seeketh bear practice towards the arts of arcane sorcery? the Lord thinks.

"I know not of what ye speaketh, m'lady".

"You don't have to because it's utter nonsense," she says, seeming human again. "It's never going to work, anyways" she pauses ..."No no no. What I need to do is reverse that draw the harmonic energy of the re-agent into the magical construct. It was all there before me! Why didn't you tell me?" she blames.

"Tell ye?! ... That I should tell ye of thine mis-doings and business of yore? That I should speaketh thine language of arcanity, and dwell within such constructs of mind? 'Tis not of mine business, court wizard!"

"It's because you were absolutely right not to get it. It's a fundamental rule of wizardry!"

The Lord gives up, completely lost. He shrugs his shoulders, and has no idea what she is talking about.

"What's not to get? It's as simple as Travens first Axiom of Magic, or was it Tolfdir's Decree on Specialization?.... I'll need to look through my journals once again..."

"Perhaps I can be of assistance," offers the Lord.

"Yes I could use some help with that. An assistant, perhaps? No no no .... maybe a familiar? No .. too messy. No no I mean organization is not my strong suit at all. Perhaps if you could .. gather a few things for me?"

"Gather a few things?" the Lord asks, dumbfounded.

Ladies of interest here in Skyrim often show their interest by giving an initial task to the men who intrigue them, the Lord suddenly realizes. With this thought, Lord Haaf-Mersey realizes he is not interested in Wylandriah, the court wizard of Riften. He is not interested in helping her "gather a few things", just to satisfy his own curiosity on whether or not she would make a suitable wife and steward. He can already see what a confusing woman this would make in his life.

People here in Skyrim could barely understand him (and his highish ways of speaketh) most of the time; what would it be like to be married to someone who confused him just as often?

"So. You wish to master the arcane arts!" she says brightly, as Haaf-Mersey puts the Amulet of Mara back into his pocket, once again.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

"Such a shame, I thought we were gedding along so well! I'll head back to Reefden, in case you change your mind."

Mjoll had walked off sadly a few days earlier, still honoring the man who had shown her the world. She had walked outside of her own (and Aerin's) house, which means she had kept her word. She went to Riften.

Lord Haaf-Mersey considers his decision to end their marriage now that he is here in Castle Dawnguard, a marriage which had lasted just a few short weeks. He thinks his decision sound and pertinent, for he feels that after a bit more searching, he has finally found the one for him.

"Yes yes I haven't got all day" she says impatiently.

Her name is Ingjard. She is a strong woman and a Nord, and resides here in Fort Dawnguard. A vampire hunter. Perfect!

"Ye have desires to make travels with me, not just to procure the end of many a blood-sucking fiend, but also in service of The Nine?" Haaf-Mersey asks, hoping for a "yes".

"Lead the way," Ingjard answers.

And this is the way Lord Haaf-Mersey and Ingjard first met.

Grits
Oh my! I was rolling when the Talos lady reminded LHM of his wife. laugh.gif I think of poor Marcurio sitting listless in the tavern pining after adventures with LHM. Too bad he was so mouthy.

Good hunting to the Lord and Ingjard! May his Amulet of Mara find its way out of his pocket once again! smile.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
Poor guy XD that's what happens when you marry someone you're not sure about XD
Grits
Jerric and Darnand (Marcurio) found themselves idling in Whiterun. Jerric relaxed by the fire while Darnand sat at his desk going through their correspondence (Quest Log).

“Look at this,” said Darnand. “A new museum is opening in Dawnstar.” He opened the pamphlet. “Oh.”

Jerric reached over and grabbed it.

Silus Vesuius Presents
The Museum of the Mythic Dawn
A History of the Cult that Toppled the Septim Dynasty
Inside of his very own home in the great capital of the Pale, Dawnstar
Free and open to all citizens of Skyrim

“I suppose…” Darnand said, but Jerric was already out the door.

On the way to Dawnstar they got caught in a major snow storm. The stopped in at a lighthouse so that Darnand could warm up.

What they found inside did not improve Jerric’s mood. After he destroyed the nest and put the unfortunate family to rest, he pushed on through the night to Dawnstar. Darnand followed.

They reached the museum under a grey dawn.

A man in Mythic Dawn robes introduced himself and invited them inside. Then he asked them to help restore Mehrunes Razor.

Jerric killed him immediately. Thankfully Darnand (Marcurio) did not start a war with the Dawnstar guards when they barged in to make the arrest. Funnily enough they only charged him 40 Septims for his crime. I guess they didn’t like Silus’ idea either.
Elisabeth Hollow
That's the only quest I've found where you can get daedra hearts.
King Coin
Aravi dealt with him a little better. She walked away. tongue.gif

Jerric's no man of small passion though.
SubRosa
QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 1 2013, 01:39 PM) *

Jerric and Darnand (Marcurio) found themselves idling in Whiterun. Jerric relaxed by the fire while Darnand sat at his desk going through their correspondence (Quest Log).

“Look at this,” said Darnand. “A new museum is opening in Dawnstar.” He opened the pamphlet. “Oh.”

Jerric reached over and grabbed it.

Silus Vesuius Presents
The Museum of the Mythic Dawn
A History of the Cult that Toppled the Septim Dynasty
Inside of his very own home in the great capital of the Pale, Dawnstar
Free and open to all citizens of Skyrim

“I suppose…” Darnand said, but Jerric was already out the door.

On the way to Dawnstar they got caught in a major snow storm. The stopped in at a lighthouse so that Darnand could warm up.

What they found inside did not improve Jerric’s mood. After he destroyed the nest and put the unfortunate family to rest, he pushed on through the night to Dawnstar. Darnand followed.

They reached the museum under a grey dawn.

A man in Mythic Dawn robes introduced himself and invited them inside. Then he asked them to help restore Mehrunes Razor.

Jerric killed him immediately. Thankfully Darnand (Marcurio) did not start a war with the Dawnstar guards when they barged in to make the arrest. Funnily enough they only charged him 40 Septims for his crime. I guess they didn’t like Silus’ idea either.

I have often got the 40 septim charge for killing people too. I think you only get the 1,000 for murder if you kill them before they can fight back. Otherwise you seem to get the 40 for assault.

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jun 1 2013, 01:45 PM) *

That's the only quest I've found where you can get daedra hearts.

You can get them in the Azura's Star quest too, if you are quick enough to loot them from the dremora before Azura yanks you out. You can pick up a few samples in a few dungeons as well, I think Nightcaller Temple might have two.

QUOTE(King Coin @ Jun 1 2013, 02:01 PM) *

Aravi dealt with him a little better. She walked away. tongue.gif

Jerric's no man of small passion though.

Most of my characters walk away as well. I think Eris is the only one who took Silus up on his offer, and that was only because she was a dagger person.
Darkness Eternal
Now that was a good quest! Didn't expect it to go that way though, Grits. Mythic Dawn? Mehrunes Razor? Hell no! I see why he went that route laugh.gif

Brings back memories of the Mythic Dawn!
King Coin
Aravi found part of the razor in some dungeon down south and eventually brought it to him, but she hasn't had any interest in 'recovering' the other pieces.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.