Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today In Skyrim (Spoilerific)
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Skyrim cheats and hints
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53
Grits
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Jan 14 2013, 07:35 PM) *

LHM is smitten with the lady. A female adventurer! He is in love! wub.gif We can't get her to become a follower (not right now) which is pissing me off kinda, but he is currently following her instead. Silly crusader.

I am smitten with Sorine, too. She is hilarious! It’s pretty funny that LHM proceeded directly from Sorine to nailing a random Forsworn lady. Watch out, his loins have awakened! tongue.gif

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 15 2013, 11:46 PM) *

Now she won't talk to me. Though now she is glad LHM is keeping him busy. Se's tired of the love letters... XD

Love letters from Erik the Heartbreaker?! I’m jealous! He will not put out for any of my characters, and most of them have repeatedly hit on him just in case a patch might have warmed him up. laugh.gif

Mikke of Green River finished the Dragonborn main quest today. I’m home sick with The Girl playing Skyrim and (sigh) Little Big Planet. Here are Mikke’s thoughts, hopefully free of spoilers. I’ll spare you the antics of our sack puppets.

The enemy has fallen, and I have his power. Grief carried me to the fight and treachery ended it. This triumph belongs to another. Though I turned my back on the Wretched Abyss, I know that it still sleeps within me.

There is no way to count the cost, but it began with the Skaal. I cannot defend my part in what will become their history any more than I could have fallen short on my responsibility. They do not blame me. That just makes it worse.

After the fight I let the black mist take me. The first thing I saw back in this world was Torvar. He stood on the ice like some ancient king with moonstone on his brow and eyes as blue as the glacier. We left the Skaal village. He sleeps now at my side even as the mead hall shakes with song and drums. They celebrate while I harden my heart against what I must do next.

Tomorrow I will part with Torvar. I won’t lead him like a child to Raven Rock and see him on the ship to Windhelm. Both of us will be free to sink as low as we wish.

I’ll go find my brothers and sisters of the Blood. Solstheim is still home to one full pack. When the moons are full I will run with them, and I’ll stay as long as it takes. May the Huntsman tear away every black tentacle that binds me to the forbidden knowledge.

I wonder if Torvar will return to Jorrvaskr. Will I find his armor and blades for sale at some stand outside a corner club? Will he make it even that far? He always says he’ll raise a glass to his enemy’s grave, but all the while he is standing in his. Taken as a whole I have not been good for him.

The drums have quieted. Now I can hear the fire has burned low and the wind is rising. My heart turns toward home, and Roggi.

His letter restored my will. I don’t know if I can ever earn what I’ve already seen in my husband’s eyes. But I begin tomorrow.

Tonight belongs to me, and to Torvar. I still can’t regret what I’ve done, and I don’t even want forgiveness. I just want to hold him again until his scent covers mine and there isn’t so much as a breath between us. Kingdoms have fallen over this kind of love. Now I understand how that can happen. Tonight the World-Eater can have all that he can burn.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow everything changes.

Elisabeth Hollow
I had to put Erik in a fic. I have a shameless love for redheads.

That lil tidbit gave me shivers!!
Lady Saga
Sundas, 6:48 AM, 15th of Sun's Dwn, 4E 202

Lord Haaf Mersey

Race: Breton
Class: Crusader
Alignment: LG

Level: 30
Days Passed: 182

The sun is up, yet there is barely any light in the sky. For once, the sky above the Rift is actually covered with dark clouds. Rain also falls steadily, but not too harshly.

Lord Haaf-Mersey walks towards Riften with his new hireling: Erik the Slayer! ... Erik has proven to be a decent fighter most of the time, but there are also times when he has nearly failed. He has fallen in battle several times, for instance, whereas Marcurio had fallen so rarely, the Lord can count the number of times on one hand.

Marcurio has stayed on at Lakeview Manor, even as Lord Haaf-Mersey appeared with his newest recruit. Despite the fact that Marcurio insisted he be brought along to Riften, the crusader chose Erik instead. Marcurio pouted, but he also relishes his new life as a country squire in charge of a very big home.

I am glad (in a RP sense) that Marc has been staying at Lakeview. For Lucia's sake, especially.

Erik the Slayer never talks back, never oversteps his bounds in battle, and never drones on and on about what an "expert" he is on Nordic history. Lord Haaf-Mersey finds the man to be easier to deal with on a day-to-day basis.

As the two near Riften, Erik eradicates a wolf which suddenly jumps in the Lord's path with one arrow, from a bow of dwarven metal the Lord had crafted himself.

"That .... is why ye are in mine employ, Erik!"

Erik the Slayer remains silent. Always on the alert. And the Lord is liking the man's skills with a bow much better. This is much better than having one of Marcurio's jumbo-bolts SMASH into something!

As the pair approaches Riften, the rain suddenly stops and the sun breaks through the clouds within moments.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

2:53 PM

"No offense, but you're not looking so good".

After getting organized at the Bee & Barb, Lord Haaf-Mersy spends the rest of Sundas in Mara's temple. Mara provides the crusader from Cyrodiil with the knowlege of what is wrong with him: he has "rockjoint". This means (basically) his arms aren't as strong for combat.

Lord Haaf-Mersey prays to mother Mara, and she takes his disease to banishment.

After all this time, I have never had a Skyrim character use an altar to cure disease! They always drink potions. I forgot that Oblivion allows us to use altars as well as potions.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Tirdas, 10:10 AM

"There's a cave up ahead. Trouble? Or maybe treasure?" asks Erik.

Lord Haaf-Mersey is not interested in caving right now, he can see that his clairvoyance magic is leading him straight towards some sort of being. Not a human. It almost looks like a hagraven from a distance!

ooooooooooooo

He casts detect life, and sees the figure ahead is a friendly one. He is walking off on a dirt path with Erik in tow, looking for somebody named "Gunmar".

"Such is he?"

As he nears the man, he can see that he is crouched down. Apparently hurt, perhaps. A recently-fallen wolf lies before the man, and he has also just killed bear, as well.

"Are ye the man known as gunmar?"

"You there hold fast!" he says frantically. "I've tracked this damn bear for two sweks! Heaven knows if there are any more victims!"

"I am Lord Haaf-Mersey, crusader from Cyrodiil. And I have been sent to make recruit of thee , in servitude of the great hall of Fort Dawnguard. Can we hunters of vampires make such an employ of thee?"

''Isran needing some one else's help? I've never heard of that. I'm afraid he is a little too late. I've moved on...." Gunmar shrugs off.

"But thine request...." Lord Haaf-Mersey tries "into such employ as to make thine presence before the depth of requirences! Ye must come hither! The vampires have made return in the towns and villages of Skyrim."

"Vampires, eh? ... that's ... well that might change things tell me more about what is going on".

I am iggying the Elder scroll stuff, you will notice! wink.gif

"The vampires have returned again, and made their breadth of presence towards the villagers, frightening them so. And must be made stoppeth by the light of the Nine!"

"By the Eight", Gunmer answers, apparently disagreeing with the Lord about Talos. "Allright. Look ... I'll consider it, but I can't just leave this bear to prey on more innocent people. Once I have it, I will see what Israns wants".

It is not long until this meager situation is taken care of. A bear, a giant spider, and a wolf reside in a nearby cave. With Erik, Haaf-Mersey and Gunmar working in tandem, it is not long until all three creatures have passed.

"I will see you at Dawnguard" Gunmer promises.
Grits
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Jan 20 2013, 06:31 PM) *

Lord Haaf-Mersey walks towards Riften with his new hireling: Erik the Slayer!

Yay! Also it sounds like LHM has his domestic arrangements in order. It's good to have someone watching the kid. smile.gif

To my surprise Darnand (Breton mage) has come to Skyrim in his very own game. I used an imaginary alternate start for him. He and Jerric were traveling in Skyrim until Jerric experienced a misunderstanding with the law. The whole dragon thing was just a dream. Argis the Bulwark is going to stand in for Jerric, but you can’t get Argis as a follower until you are Thane of the Reach. And you can’t start that process until level 20. So the imaginary reason that Jerric/Argis is not in the game yet is that Jerric is in prison. Darnand has a lot to do before he can get him out.

Darnand has been working hard and saving his gold. (He needs 8,000 to buy the house.) He just got this letter.

3rd Year of the Fourth Era, Hearthfire (I think)
Cidhna Mine

Darnand,

You won’t recognize this handwriting, but it’s me Jerric. Recent events have not improved my penmanship. I asked someone to write this for me. Well, I traded some… never mind, you don’t need to be worried about that.

I am writing to say that I am doing fine here in prison. I hope you are fine too. There is plenty of ore to dig up so I’m staying in shape. Plus this orc keeps trying to murder me which keeps me from getting bored. Of course I’m hungry all the time but you know that is nothing new.

I started a fight club to pass the time. The guards love to place wagers, and sometimes it works out all right for us. It’s funny how soft you get using healing spells. I ran out of magicka a while ago, but I’m sure with your help we can fix my hand so I can use it again. After I get out.

Anyway I know you haven’t forgotten me and you are doing all you can. I heard some skinny Breton burned up the spider Nimhe all by himself and I knew it was you. Two things about that. One, do not die before you get me out of here. And B, stay out of that ruin until I can go with you. I know you will just haul out the books and leave the good stuff behind.

Look, I am running out of ink and don’t want to open up this scab again. So I’ll say this. Don’t take any stupid chances. But brother I would sure like to see the sun again.

From Jerric

mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 20 2013, 07:23 PM) *

* Snip *

WOO HOO! How will Darnand fair in the frozen north without Jerric's gas er...bodyheat to share the tent with? Who will cook eat all the food now?
King Coin
Oh wow, Darnand in Nord land all on his own? The letter, I could tell that Jerric hadn't written it himself from the wording. smile.gif
Lady Saga
Aww! Yeah I agree, Cindha mine sucks!
Elisabeth Hollow
One, do not die before you get me out of here. And B, stay out of that ruin until I can go with you.

LMFAO!

I know you will just haul out the books and leave the good stuff behind.

That IS the good stuff!

Sigh. If Darnand needs some help, Kayla will oblige wink.gif
Lady Saga
Loredas, 12:48 AM
21st of Sun's Dawn

Lord Haaf-Mersey

Level: 31

Days Passed: 188
Locations Discovered: 99

Weapon: silver sword

Equipped Appparel: Amulet of Circlet of Minor Magicka (+20 points of Magicka), Steel Plate Armor of the Knight (+15 Heavy armor), Iron Boots of Minor Stamina ( + 20 pts. Stamina), Neckace of Recuperation (20% faster Stamina regeneration), Orcish Gauntlets of Eminent Wielding (+30% more one-handed damage), steel shield (exquisite strength)

Unequipped Apparel: Amulet of Akatosh, Amulet of Mara, Necklace of Frost Resist, Ring of Recharging

"Need a ride?"

The lights of Kynareth blaze bluish-green across the night sky.

"I can take you to any of the hold capitols", informs Bjorlam, the man who pilots the horsecart, one of several in Skyrim.

He speaks to a couple of travellers who have just approached from nowhere, it seems: one of them has blond hair, the color of straw, and the other has darker hair. The blond-haired one has the better armor, but the dark-haired one seems to have better weapons: a magical staff of some sort backed up by a gold-metaled axe. Blondie's weapon is ordinary silver, like any guard might carry.

Bjorlam never knows when somebody might show up to rent his cart. Whiterun can be a popular place, though. There is always the possibility that it might happen, and at any time.

"Might I beckon thine services?" blondie speaks in a fair, authoritative voice.

"Where do you want to go?" asks Bjorlam.

Now that he thinks about it, Bjorlam wonders if these are the crusaders he's heard about lately. The ones who had been clearing nearby forts and lairs from bandits, and who are rumored to have joined up with the Dawnguard.

"Winterhold. By the lights of Kynareth, which shine so brightly on the above".

"Climb in back and we'll ge off".

Lord Haaf-Mersey has recently found the two persons Isran wanted him to recruit for Fort Dawnguard. With this done, he's decided he wants to make a return to Winterhold, to see if the wizards possibly offer any sorts of better spells. Haaf-Mersey has heard it is possible to detect the presence of undead, for instance. He needs to keep up with the latest of technologies available, if he is to succeed and prosper.

"Are you goin' to climb in or not? I can't wait here all day!"

"Sir, my deepest apologies. 'Twas gathering mine mind upon perserverance, towards the fore. Come now, Erik!"

"Nice weather for a ride! Hope it lasts". Bjorlam says.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Loredas, 1:11 PM
First wizard the Lord approaches is Colette Marence, who is in the process of casting what sounds like a series of Detect Life spells.

"How fares thee, m'lady?"

"Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise", she pontificates.

"Such is thine manner of greetings?" Haaf-Mersey says, feeling her abrasiveness first-hand. "'Twas not of mine intentions, to debunk thine encompassing school of magics. Alas, what ye make of provision can certainly be made of use, out upon the plains and deep inside ruins. What might ye have fer purchasing, to fill mine book of spells?"

Lord Haaf-Mersey has tried, but just cannot give up his upper-class manner of speaking. Lucia made fun of him (the brat! ) when he had returned to Lakeview, attempting to speak like a commoner.

"Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them".

Lord Haaf-Mersey and his new partner Erik the Slayer walk from room to room. The Lord winds up buying a spell which promises to affect more undead into turning away, and another which will help him regain the health of Mara in much bigger grabs at a time. With this done, they now make their way towards Sarthaal, to help with a situation out there.

I am finally doing the beginning of the College questline tonight folks! laugh.gif I'm not really gonna RP it or write it up though, I'm just meta-gaming, just for the fun of it.

Elisabeth Hollow
Who offers the detect life spell? I haven't found one yet, and it would be really useful, lol.
Lady Saga

Hey miss Hollow, whatcha been up to? Detect Life is offered by the Alteration guy. Um....Tolfdir! He is the man in Winterhold; there might be another wizard who offer detect life in Winterhold, I forget. But all the other wizards (the court wizards, that is) might eventually offer detect life, once your skills in Alteration are high enough.

That's one diff between OB and Sky: in Oblivion, the most-expensive most effective spells are offered for sale at any time, but this doesn't mean we'll be able to use them. In Skyrim, spells only seem to get offered once we're good enough to cast them. That's why they say "spells and incantations, for those with the talent to cast them!" rolleyes.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
Ahhh. See, my Alteration is really low. I never bought any of Tolfdir's stuff because I don't have any interest in Alteration. Thanks! I'll see if he has any scrolls... When I get back to my own home lol
Lady Saga
Cool! I have noticed that the really GOOD spells never show up while dungeon-diving. So it seems we pretty much have to buy them in the vanilla game. Which is fine. I like spending virtual coins a lot more than real Earth money. Ha!

Elisabeth Hollow
Baha! Me too!
Lady Saga
So LHM kicked some MAJOR draugr deathlord boat tonight! He went up against one of these beasts head to head, had the damn thing struggling to stay on its feet! It was sooo cool !!!

I suppose since all my previous chars who have come this far (Crystal Beth, Claire Voyance, etc.) were just wearing robes or light armor. They would wind up running all over the place to avoid the deathlord's shouts & strikes. Their strategy would be to run in that big room that's split into 2 levels, and jump from platform to platform while the deathlord keeps running back and forth (deathlords can't jump!) Well none of that nonsense for LHM. He just mowed thru one of these like a bowling ball making a strike on a Friday night!

Grits
It was fun to see LHM and Erik through the cart driver’s eyes. smile.gif

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 23 2013, 07:15 PM) *

Who offers the detect life spell? I haven't found one yet, and it would be really useful, lol.

It’s also the quest reward for (Spoiler alert, Renee!):

Darnand is presently in despair. I’ll fill in the details when I’m not coughing up my lungs and can think a little better. I do not have the flu! I refuse. tongue.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
You're not allowed to die, Grits! FIGHT!
Grits
LOL. My family has taken to yelling “FIVE FOOT RADIUS” when I approach. That’s harsh. *cough cough*
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 23 2013, 08:32 PM) *

LOL. My family has taken to yelling “FIVE FOOT RADIUS” when I approach. That’s harsh. *cough cough*

When I had bronchitis and sinusitis November, my husband would hold his breath and kiss me on the shoulder, "just to be safe."

Jerk, lol
Lady Saga
I am amazed I have not been sick this year yet. Simply amazed. My daughter has been, though. About a month ago.

Seeing thru an NPC's eyes is Lopov's influence (over in Beth's forums). He constantly writes thru the eyes of NPCs, which is really cool, and now I'm starting to do it! I'm not as good at it as he is, though.
Elisabeth Hollow
I may try that at one point!
Grits
I realized from the Favorite Races thread that I never introduced Crook Tooth. Here’s what I posted a few months ago over on the Dead-Is-Dead thread at the other forum. I haven’t let him out to play since then, but I’m sure he’ll get another turn someday.

Helgen. Fire and blood, some of it his. Escape through a stone tunnel collapsing at his heels. Nords everywhere, and all of them yelling. Then finally sunlight and sweet, sweet water.

He swam the whole way to Riverwood, hopped down the falls, then swam through the night to Darkwater Crossing. Where the whole mess began. But Derkeethus wasn’t there.

Annekke thought he might have gone after some bandits. Crook Tooth crawled into an empty tent to get some rest. He would look for Derkeethus in the morning.

New character: Crook Tooth, Argonian ranger. Archery, One-Handed, Light Armor, Sneak. He’ll do some alchemy for his own use, but no Smithing or Enchanting. He will not touch fruit or vegetables, and he seems to be a dual-wielder. Funny what you learn in the first twenty minutes. Other than that I have no idea where this guy is going to go.

Crook Tooth searched the bandit lair’s underground lake, but he found no trace of his friend Derkeethus. He listened to the gossip long enough to know that if they had an Argonian back in their cages, they would have mentioned it. So he shot a few of them and left. (This was kind of a new thing for me. He has little interest in loot or “finishing” a dungeon.)

Crook Tooth used to talk about swimming all the way to Lake Honrich someday, so that’s what he did. Of course there were mountains to climb, big cats to sneak past, and trolls to outrun, but he got there. It didn’t take long to make some connections in Riften and secure a safe place to sleep when he wanted it. He would look for Derkeethus whenever he passed by Darkwater Crossing. It was likely that the folk there simply hadn’t understood what Derkeethus had told them before he left. The Saxhleel sense of time and intention didn’t translate well into human languages.

So for now he had a few tasks to keep him occupied, when he got around to it. The Thieves Guild needed coin more than he did. Though he could not complain about the quality of his new armor.

Lady Saga
Very nice Gritsy. Is Crook Tooth still alive, then? Never mind, I see you've said you'll 'let him out to play again". I agree...it is funny what we can learn in 20 minutes. Bizarre, sometimes.

I've had an idea for awhile to start my first lizard man in Oblivion. His name will simply be "The Sewer Lizard" or maybe the Sewer Terror. Something horror/fictionish. Creature from the Imperial Sewer is what I really wanna call him, but I don't think that'll fit in his name plate!

His entire roleplay will be (as you may have guessed) to live in the sewers beneath the I.C., occasionally surfacing to terrorize the locals. indifferent.gif Big, big bounty, and as little jail time as possible. Lots of murders/lots of assaults, but no DB. He will speak his own language, too (as DnD lizardmen do) no English-speaking nonsense.

I have found it easier (so far) to start non-quest characters in Oblivion than i have in Skyrim for some reason. Not sure why. Luci Pheria and Wanda Bone were my other two who did absolutely no quests whatsoever (besides the Tutorial).
Grits
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Jan 26 2013, 03:11 PM) *

Creature from the Imperial Sewer is what I really wanna call him, but I don't think that'll fit in his name plate!

Creature from the Imperial Sewer

Creftis
Lady Saga
Ha ha there you go! Creftis! thanx man!

Morndas, 10P:57 AM, 2nd of First Seed, 4th Era Year 202

Lord Haaf-Mersey

Dungeons Cleared: 49

Days Passed: 197
Hours Slept: 1,493
Hours Waited: 1,158

Gold Found: 84,005

DG Quests Cmpltd: 3
Quests Cmpltd: 17
Misc Obj. Cmpltd: 70
MQs Cmpltd: 1

Favorite Spell: Clairvoyance
Spells Learned: 20

"Take upon the healing of Mara's love, mine friend and companion, Erik".

"D'ahhh thanks! Not sure it was necessary though!"

Lord Haaf-Mersey and Erik the Slayer come to rest in the middle of a road. They are far from home, just outside of the village of Dawnstar. A group of unexpected bandits swarmed the crusader and his hireling, too many for the Lord to handle at once. He wound up running many paces away from the mysterious location they had just found before the bandit attack.

"Might ye taketh upon more precautions on the next, Erik. That these menaces should cost ye thine vitality? Such would be upon mine being, and would of certain cause such abrasivement".

The two start walking ... back to Mzinchaleft: a dwarven ruin that is suppposed to hold a lost weapon called Grimsever. Lord Haaf-Mersey has become particularly interested in retrieving this item because he's a bit keen on the lady-warrior who gave him the tip on where to find the piece.

The Lord has been wondering if he should return to Falkreath and fetch Marcurio for this one. He's never been in a Dwarven lair before (so he thinks). In previous days Erik "the Slayer" has himself nearly been slain several times. Eventually the crusader comes up with a plan: he will bring Erik anyways. Fetching Marcurio would mean a 3-day detour at least. But once inside Mzinchaleft he will leave Erik waiting behind in some room until needed. He will call the Slayer* if he needs any help. If Erik can't handle the place, Haaf-Mersey promises himself he will leave the ruins as soon as possible. And get Marcurio.

But he'd rather avoid this. He's been enjoying his time away from that wizard, with all of his arrogances.

*One of the voice commands with the kinect device is "Ally Follow". It doesn't matter where Erik is, as long as LHM and he are in the same cell, Erik will come running if I say this.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

4:59 PM
It's obvious the bandits have been using the exterior of Mzinchaleft as a hideout. They had made themselves cozy here: there are several bedrolls, a campfire with all the essentials, and plenty of places to take shelter should a blizzard strike. But have bandits also taken residence inside the place as well?

"I make promise of thee, Erik: shalt this establishment of ancients prove itself of extremities in complexity, we shalt make haste back here, towards the safety of Mundus".

Erik says nothing, as the pair enters Mzinchaleft.

7:43 PM
Once inside, the crusader from Cyrodiil realizes this place bears a striking resemblance to Markath, architectually. There are the same golden metal tubes blowing steam, and even the stonework is the same. The Lord suddenly remembers escaping from Cindha mine a couple weeks ago. There was a room (or a series of rooms) that had touches of Dwemer technology, then.

"It's amaizng this place is so well preserved. Not even a hint of rust" Erik observes.

"Erik. Keep thineself put here. I shalt make observations upon this place of the unknownst".

Erik does as he's told while Lord Haaf-Mersey creeps forward, casting Detect Life and Detect Unlife occasionally. But he sees no sign of either as he makes his way. Could this place be unoccupied?

"What was that?"

Apparently not.

Lord Haaf-Mersey draws an elven sword, his current weapon of the day.

"I am Looord Haaf-Mersey, Crusader from Cyrodiil! I cometh in the regaliance of peace, and maketh mine offer to..."

His greeting does no good, as an iron-clad Nordic woman bandit rushes in, bearing an axe and shield!

"Ha ha ha ha! I love a guud fight!"

"GIVE HEED UNTO THE NINE!"

The Lord bashes her repeatedly with his shield, alternating with swings and power-swings from his sword! ... She had her chace for redemption, but did not take it. Now her life is in danger, as the Lord staggers her over and over. She can barely get a swing to counter his blows.

"I cannot best you!"

As she falls, an archer shows up on the other end of a hallway.

"ThINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?"

"ERIK! ... TO THE FORE!"

Erik shows up within seconds, while the Lord covers himself behind a column. Erik never uses his bow anymore, Haaf-Mersey notices, which is too bad. The man is a better archer than he is a sword fighter.

"Death awaits you!"

But it doesn't take long Erik's sword shocks the bandit to hers first. After this scenario is over, the pair finds that the bandits have really been living it up in here. Again, there are bedrolls, a roaring fire in the middle of the floor, and plenty of food.

Lord Haaf-Mersey and Erik the Slayer can't help it as they spend hours gorging themselves by the fire, and getting plenty of rest before plundering further.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Tirdas, 3:13 PM

"Stories don't say why the dwarves disappeared. I wonder if their machines turned on them".

Marcurio is an "expert" on everything; Erik the Slayer is an expert on nothing, except maybe farming techniques.

"Machine? What is such a word? Machine."

Such a fascinating place. But it also could be a very dangerous one. At some point during their cozy stay, the Lord remembers the strange being which rose from the floor as he and his Forsworn prisoners escaped Cindha Mine. The being had seemed to grow in size, until it stood nearly twice as tall as the crusader. He hadn't bothered to try to fight it at the time, being armored with only a pickaxe and a couple 'shivs'. Can he take on such a monster now that he's all geared up?

More bandits lie ahead, and occasionally the Lord finds odd bits of golden metal lying on the floor. As moments necessitate, Erik winds up travelling with the crusader instead of waiting behind. So far, he's been doing okay.

"These walking devices are strange yet amazing", says Erik at one point. "Who knows what their purpose must have been".

"Walking devices? Yes! I have seen such as I made mine escape from Cindha Mine in Markath. So I was not of imaginations, then. Erik, keepth on mine back, as we shalt face any such magics within by the forces of mighty Tiber Septim".

3:22 PM
The Lord manages to pacify an orc into seeing "the way and the light", something he has been trying to do more and more often. Not every enemy needs to be slain. He tries to allow the chance for "redemption" occasionally. A second chance.

It is not before long when he finds a journal on a table. The journal explains why there are so many bandits holed up here; apparently a merchant had managed to convince the bandits to mine up all the golden scrap metal in this place for money.

"You picked a bad time to get lost friend!" says the orc as the pacification wears off his brain.

"I have shown ye the light, and yet me still manage thine hatred of the true presence of the Nine! Open thine heart, miscreant!"

Lord Haaf-Mersey says this to the orc as he pacifies him again. SWUP! .... This orc will only get so many chances. He must realize this, right?

Eventually he comes upon a fight. Not bandits fighting him, these bandits were fighting something else. This occurs behind a grated door, and it is hard to see exactly what happens. The bandits don't have a chance against this other enemy, though; they fall very quickly.

Haaf-Mersey casts his detect spells (life and unlife) but sees nothing as the combat ends. Whatever it is cannot be detected by his fancy spells. But when he finally faces the monsters that reside within, he finds them to not be particularly tough.

He calls Erik 'the Slayer' for support anyways.

heh that's enough for tonight! I'm exhausted!
Grits
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Jan 27 2013, 04:24 AM) *

Erik never uses his bow anymore, Haaf-Mersey notices, which is too bad. The man is a better archer than he is a sword fighter.

Has LHM checked young Erik’s arrow supply? Even though followers are not supposed to run out of arrows I find that they sometimes do. Especially when they’re using the Forsworn bow.
Lady Saga
QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 28 2013, 07:12 AM) *

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Jan 27 2013, 04:24 AM) *

Erik never uses his bow anymore, Haaf-Mersey notices, which is too bad. The man is a better archer than he is a sword fighter.

Has LHM checked young Erik’s arrow supply? Even though followers are not supposed to run out of arrows I find that they sometimes do. Especially when they’re using the Forsworn bow.

OH! Actually Erik (and all the follower NPCs I've had so far) has what seems to be a respawning collection of several types of arrows: iron, dwarven, forsworn, etc. I think it could be the fact that Erik's weapon is so kick-boat: he had a sword which does 10 pts. of shock damage, and recently dropped this for an axe that does 25 pts. of fire damage!

His bow does a certain amount of magicka damage, perhaps he saves it for wizards? I did notice he used it once yesterday while I was meta-gaming. smile.gif For awhile Erik also had a staff which threw 25 pt. frost spikes. He initially used it, then he stopped, despite the fact that the thing still had a charge. I think Erik just doesn't like ranged attacks or something.

I went on UESP and it says his specialty is 2-handed weapons + light armor, so there ya go.
Elisabeth Hollow
If your follower gets hit with an arrow, they absorb it and it goes into their inventory.

Same with you.

At least that's how I justify the whole mess of Forsworn arrows in my inventory and 2-4 Falmer arrows when I don't pick those up XD
Lady Saga

Oh that makes sense. But still, I've had archers in the past (Jenassa, for instance) who fired lots and lots of arrows against enemies who weren't archers, yet these NPCs never ran out of arrows. I think it might be like torches. I've noticed that if we give a follower a torch, it never ever snuffs out, even if they carry it around for hours. If we use a torch it'll eventually lose its fire, though.

Another thing I noticed is that NPCs usually only light their torch if it's nighttime or really overcast outside. And this includes if they are in a dungeon. If it's daylight outside, they won't light their torch once they go underground! kvleft.gif This is unlike TES: IV: in Oblivion they automatically brought the torch out if they went underground. So it's an oversight on Beth's part that TES: V changed this.

SubRosa
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 28 2013, 12:19 PM) *

If your follower gets hit with an arrow, they absorb it and it goes into their inventory.

Same with you.

Yes indeed. It is the same in Oblivion. A little trick I learned in Oblivion was that if you had an arrow sticking out of you even after you healed up, and it just did not want to fade away, you could drop all of your arrows on the ground and it would vanish.
King Coin
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Jan 28 2013, 11:27 AM) *

Oh that makes sense. But still, I've had archers in the past (Jenassa, for instance) who fired lots and lots of arrows against enemies who weren't archers, yet these NPCs never ran out of arrows. I think it might be like torches. I've noticed that if we give a follower a torch, it never ever snuffs out, even if they carry it around for hours. If we use a torch it'll eventually lose its fire, though.

NPCs usually have an infinite supply of arrows, I remember finding a small supply of Daedric arrows. I gave them to my follower and they never ran out. Then I got more arrows from the dead enemies and built up my own supply. laugh.gif

I have noticed some followers are more likely to use ranged weapons than others.
Grits
That’s how Jensa has amassed a collection of 300+ daedric arrows. She finds them sticking out of snow banks, tree trunks, her own backside, and occasionally a fallen enemy. Stenvar is the one who uses them, and he is not the greatest shot. She only uses ebony arrows. That way when she finds one of Stenvar’s in a body she can say, “Oh look, you hit something! Good for you!” There is a fair amount of competition between them.

Somehow Mikke broke Torvar’s arrow respawning ability, though. She had to keep him supplied. Also he kept losing all of his dragonbone weapons (deathlord Disarm Shouts, argh), and she would find him at the end of a dungeon armed with draugr stuff. I thought NPCs were supposed to have invisible, unremovable default equipment, but it doesn’t always seem to work that way.

Another weird thing is staffs. Some followers run out of charges, while others use them without any decrease at all.
King Coin
QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 29 2013, 09:00 AM) *

That’s how Jensa has amassed a collection of 300+ daedric arrows. She finds them sticking out of snow banks, tree trunks, her own backside, and occasionally a fallen enemy. Stenvar is the one who uses them, and he is not the greatest shot. She only uses ebony arrows. That way when she finds one of Stenvar’s in a body she can say, “Oh look, you hit something! Good for you!” There is a fair amount of competition between them.

Somehow Mikke broke Torvar’s arrow respawning ability, though. She had to keep him supplied. Also he kept losing all of his dragonbone weapons (deathlord Disarm Shouts, argh), and she would find him at the end of a dungeon armed with draugr stuff. I thought NPCs were supposed to have invisible, unremovable default equipment, but it doesn’t always seem to work that way.

Another weird thing is staffs. Some followers run out of charges, while others use them without any decrease at all.

Sounds to me like some changes were made in a patch perhaps. I'm using a mod that took away the infinite arrows so I wouldn't know.

They do have unremovable equipment, but depending on the follower, it can be pretty low quality stuff. Kharjo's default armor is actually pretty good, he gets steel plate. He wouldn't wear Dwemer or lower stuff.
Lady Saga
QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 29 2013, 10:00 AM) *

Yea I have noticed this too. Like Marcurio has a staff that sprays fire on the ground, does something like 40 pts. per second...something crazy like that. And I'm assuming it must use a lot of magicka, even if the user's Destruction is high, but he never runs out of charge on that sucker. Erik the Slayer's ice spike staff (more like 25 pts. per) still has a charge in it, but I have noticed it's not fully charged like Marc's staff is.

Perhaps it's due to the fact that Marc is an actual wizard, wheras Erik is a clueless fighter.

Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Jan 29 2013, 10:51 AM) *

Perhaps it's due to the fact that Marc is an actual wizard, wheras Erik is a clueless fighter.

But an adorable clueless fighter! XD
Lady Saga
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 29 2013, 12:35 PM) *

But an adorable clueless fighter! XD

Ha ha ha yup. Lord Haaf-Mersey and Erik look like they could be in Whitesnake. If LHM could get his hair teased and permed, he'd probably do it. biggrin.gif

Elisabeth Hollow
Kayla left Onmund at home and got Erik the Slayer.

Ooooops. XD
Lady Saga
Lord Haaf-Mersey has returned to Riften once again. He gave Mjoll the Lioness a sword called Grimsever, and she's offered her assistance in battle. So guess what Marcurio?

LHM finally has a female companion, something he's been wanting ever since leaving Serana behind. smile.gif
Lady Saga
So I have returned to a character idea I created a couple months ago. She was initally called Sharonne, but now she is Mycharrona the Ice Witch. biggrin.gif I did some initial gaming with her, but she was reminding me too much of Skankee Krahk-ho, so I never wrote any of it up. I wasn't sure what I was gonna do with her. Now, this has changed.

I've decided that Mycharonna (ha ha get it? ...some of you may be too young to 'get it') is going on a very definite path. Her story will also be written up in journal form, and most of these will be somewhat tidy and shorter. Problem with LHM is everything he does is epic, and demands a lot of writing. I can't help it! .... And I wind up (sometimes) writing more than I actually game with him.

I have started Mycharonna's game by using my homemade alternate pretend starting mod. I do this by turning down the sound of my TV and rushing through the Tutorial. Mycharonna also fast-traveled to "Helgen" after leaving HELGEN keep. All of this will be considered by her and I as a 'bad dream'.

As soon as Mycharonna finds something to write on (and write with) that's where her "journal" will begin. As she 'arrived' at Helgen Keep (and I turned the sound up on my TV), her game did indeed have the feeling that she had just shown up at a village, and it had been recently been sacked and abandoned.

Now, here are her stats.

Created: February 3rd, 2013, 3:17 pm e.s.t.

Difficulty: Apprentice

Class: Mage
Race: Imperial
Alignment: Evil
Factions: Dark Brotherhood (interest)

TFT Skills: knife, sex appeal, literacy, silent movement, thief, naturalist, alchemy

TFT Magic: fire/cold, summon wolf, shield,

Weapons 2 iron daggars

Apparel: roughspun tunic, Novice mage's hood, fur boots.
SubRosa
I am glad that you finally... got the knack... wink.gif with Mycharonna. I am looking forward to seeing what My gets up to!
Destri Melarg
I could spend an enjoyable afternoon just going through your character names, Saga! laugh.gif
Lady Saga
Ha ha thanks! As miss Rosa knows, I was stuck on "SHARON" a couple months back. I wanted to do something with Sharon. Sharon MyCooch? Naaw.... Sharon MyDough? No! nono.gif And today when i got back into her game, I was writing up her story and called her "my Sharon"

...biggrin.gif

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 3 2013, 04:31 PM) *

I am glad that you finally... got the knack... wink.gif with Mycharonna. I am looking forward to seeing what My gets up to!

ha ha I'm glad you get it! And she just found the three items needed for a journal writing, so here we go...

Baltimore Ravens are in the Superbowl, though, and I'm from Maryland, so that's a big deal for us. Even though I don't watch football (or care for sports in general), I am going to make this one huge exception. so I gotta write fast before people come over.

Lady Saga
Fredas, 4:14 AM, 22nd of Last Seed, 4th Era

Finally, a journal. something to write upon, an inkwell, and a quill. My name is Mycharonna, i am a practitiouner in the arts of many things destructuve and cold. I am an ice witch.

Forgive my scambled ritings, for i find myself in the cellar of an 'old woman' who resides here in the forest across from a village known to the locals as Riverwood, this old owman woman seems friendly enough but / ` ~

Ah. Sorry....the quill loses its ink, but lucky for me she has more stored here. ink made of junipers or some such berrys by the look of it. This old woman seems friendly enouff, but upon taking up residence inside her cellar, I know that she is a witch her self. I have found quite the letter to read, in which she claims to have the desire to form a coven. Lucky me.

A bit of my past now. a few weeks ago, i had made travels with a group of others. Mages. conjurers, necromancers, d*structon mages. our ultimate motive of resiliance was to make it to the college of mages, in a village k* * / ~

Sorry, more maintnance with ink berries. ....a village known as Winterhold, far to the north was to be our destination, where we would take upon the mages who reside in such place, ridding them of they are worldly duties one by one, sending them all to Sovengard, perhaps. but such was not to be. a manialcal blond-haired man warning shiney armors crashed into our campsite, and got the advantage. as he called upon his forces (the 9 divines) we did indeed fail. Our leader, knownst to me as "Knack of Wayrest", did fall despite his compunctual powers. All of us scatered about like chickens, destitute and hunted.

Only one survived whom I know of: Skank. Skankee Krachkho, a dark elf novice of magics who merely joined us to take upon our riches, it would seem. Pitiful thing. somehwos somehow she has survived where others failed. Such has been her folley. I have been tracking her movemetns from a distance for days. Althoughst she has not knowledge of this. she has taken up residense in a cave to the east, fournicating perhaps with the dead bandits who lie within.

I have followed Skankee here many /ours ago to this surreptitious witch's coven, and have waited a full day until making my presence to her known. i have ground up many roots, flowers, and herbs, and other such things in her cellar, which is soctkd stocked with both a table of alchemies, and a table of enchantements.

now i must go. whoever shalt find this, be it known that I am scared and longely afrraid of being alone. but i shatl shalt not re-join Miss Skankk, whom I feel is not ready for my brand of ideas upon taking into Skyrim.

~Mycharonna
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Feb 3 2013, 05:34 PM) *

Fredas, 4:14 AM, 22nd of Last Seed, 4th Era

finally, a journal. something to write upon, an inkwell, and a quill. my name is Mycharonna, i am a practitiouner in the arts of many things destructuve and cold. I am an ice withc. witch.

forgive my scambled ritings, for i find myself in the cellar of an 'old woman' who resides here in the forest across from a village known to the locals as "riverwood". this old owman woman seems friendly enough but / ` ~

ah. sorry....the quill loses its ink, but lucky for me she has more stored here. ink made of junipers or some such berrys by the look of it. any ways, this old woman seems frendly enouff, but upon taking up residence inside her cellar, i know that she is a withc her self. i have found quite the letter to read, in which she laims to have the desire to form a coven. lucky me.

a bti of my past now. a few weeks ago, i had made travels with a group of others. Mages. conjurers, necrmancers, dstructon mages. our ultimate motive of resiliance was to make it to the college of mages, in a village k* * / ~

sorry, dear reader, mor maitnance with ink berries. ....a village known as winterhold, far to the north was to be our destination, where we would take upon the mages who reside in such place, ridding them of theyre worldly duties one by one, sending them all to Sovengard, perhaps. but such was notto be. a manialcal blond-haired man waring shiney armors crashed into our campsite, and got the advantade. as he called upon his forces (the 9 diveines) we did indeed fail. Our leader, knownst to me as "Knack of Wayrest", did fall despite his compunctual powers. all of us scatered about like chikens, desittute and hunted.

only one survived whom I know of: Skank. Skankee Krachk-ho, a dark elf novice of magics who merely joined us to take upon our riches, it would seem. Pitiful thing. somehwos somehow she has survived where others falied. such has been her folley. i have been tracking her moveemtns from a distance for days. althoughst she has not knowledge of this. she has taken up residende in a cave to the east, fornicationing perhaps with the dead bandits who lie within.

i have followed miss skank here many /ours ago to this surreptitious witch's coven, and have waited a full day until making my presence to her known. i have ground up many roots, flowers, and herbs, and other such things in her cellar, which is soctkd stocked with both a table of alchemies, and a table of enchantements.

now i must go. whoever shalt find this, be it known that i am scared and longely afrraid of being alone. but i shatl shalt not re-join Miss skankk, whom i feel is not ready for my brand of ideas upon takeing into Skyrim.

~Mycharonna

I'm like...god, rolling on the bed, laughing!!
Lady Saga
Ha ha cool. Yeah, she has no idea what's gonna happen when she leaves the cellar. blink.gif I like that white background with the colored ink text. Wonder if there's a way to make a background like that on this site....

Ravens won by the way Yah!

Grits
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Feb 3 2013, 03:31 PM) *

So I have returned to a character idea I created a couple months ago. She was initally called Sharonne, but now she is Mycharrona the Ice Witch. biggrin.gif

Now I've had that song stuck in my ear since yesterday. Last night I was baking frozen Superbowl food and singing M-m-m-my samosas... Gaah!

Great start for the Ice Witch. smile.gif
SubRosa
QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 4 2013, 10:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Feb 3 2013, 03:31 PM) *

So I have returned to a character idea I created a couple months ago. She was initally called Sharonne, but now she is Mycharrona the Ice Witch. biggrin.gif

Now I've had that song stuck in my ear since yesterday. Last night I was baking frozen Superbowl food and singing M-m-m-my samosas... Gaah!

Great start for the Ice Witch. smile.gif

Maybe this will help? wink.gif
Grits
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 4 2013, 12:58 PM) *

Maybe this will help? wink.gif

rollinglaugh.gif “You might want to turn the volume down a bit.” laugh.gif

That reminds me of a joke. An accordion player left his instrument in the back seat of the car while he ran in to pick up some lunch. When he returned he found his window smashed and three more accordions in the back seat.
Lady Saga
QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 4 2013, 02:01 PM) *

That reminds me of a joke. An accordion player left his instrument in the back seat of the car while he ran in to pick up some lunch. When he returned he found his window smashed and three more accordions in the back seat.

Ba-dum tiss!!!!
Lady Saga
This is Day 5 in the world of Mycharonna the Ice Witch. I am sychronizing Skankee Krahk-ho's game (she was a Nightblade I created late last summer) with Mycharonna's.

During Days 5 thru 7 Skank would have been in Bleak Flats Barrow, while Mycharonna has just arrived at Anise's Cabin. Let's join her now.

Oh by the way, I came up with a way to make my famous colored text less harsh of a read, by "quoting" the text. This gives it a white background. Anyways....

Fredas, 6:39 AM, 22nd of Last Seed

An open wish for her soul.

It was not of my intentions to kill her, to rid her of her worldly renounce. But she made quick interference before things could be explained. The old woman is dead. I currently sit jupon upon what has been her wooden throne for /* (

Apologies. I curretnly currently sit upon her wooden throne as the sun rises. My desire was to join in forces with the old woman, but she defied me. And now she has passed. 'Twas not of my intentions, as I was saying.

On a note much more brightly, I am finding writing upon this parchment heaps more practical, now that I am not in that damp cellar of hers. the old woman also did have quite a stash of ink colorings to take upon. At current, I us*( /

Use at current I use what seems to be a mixture of junipers and some sort of wood or bark. 'tis much more pleasing to hte the eye.

I await un instruction upon where fate wh shall lead, now that my former ps pso posse has scattered.

~Mycharonna of Bruma

(and below is an entry from Day 6)

Loredas, early afternoon

i am a hunted owman woman!!! hunted by thi thugs of hire wearing bold, brash armors upon their pse person! .... in the pocket on of one have found a note, and with my very name opn upon its vellum. 'tis perhaps the makings of the blonde knib knight who hunted our former camp of mages.

cannot write more now. i am hunted as i walk the forests, i must make haste to avoid them!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.