Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today In Skyrim (Spoilerific)
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Skyrim cheats and hints
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53
Colonel Mustard
So, some of you might remember my borderline psychotic Dark Elf Pyromancer from earlier in this thread, Terrena Calmenin. Whilst I was having absurd amounts of fun playing her and also writing up her escapades in her journal, after a glitch effectively broke her game, I ended up scrapping it. But I liked writing up her combination of childlike naivety, psychosis and general, genuine stupidity, so I figured; 'sod it, I'm starting her game again.' And considering that half of the fun of playing Terrena was writing in her diary, here it is once more; extracts from the diary of Terrena Calmenin.

Some background; my Random Start mod plonked me down near Dawnstar, so Terrena's background is...

*Drumroll*

Docking in Dawnstar after migrating from Solstheim as part of her yet to be worked out mysterious and dramatic background! Low on cash, low on supplies and with only the robes on her back, a few potions and beautiful, all-consuming flame that she can send flying from the palms of her hands, she's off to make it big in the world of Skyrim!

Dear Diary

So I'm starting this diary as I was told it might be a good idea to put my thoughts and ideas down on paper instead of putting them into practical application, as suggested by Erandur. I'm not sure why, but apparently practical application of my ideas isn't popular around these parts. 'Because the buildings are wooden' was the reason I was given, but as far as I can see, that's a good idea to apply; it means more fire for everyone!

You know what I don't get? Why I'm supposed to start these with 'Dear Diary'. I mean, everyone does it, but I don't know why. It's like a letter you're writing to nobody. Unless there's a person in this diary that you're supposed to talk to. Is that? Is there a person in this diary. There's space here if you want to say something, Diary.

Come on, don't be shy.

Come on.

Oh fine, don't. Be that way.

Anyway, I was told it would be good for me to find something to do, so I went to see if there were any odd jobs available. If I have stuff to do then I'm less likely to burn things, Erandur says. I don't know what his problem with that is, really. He's boring.

So I went and found Captain Wayfarer, down on the dock. He had a pirate ship with him. I figured he'd either want me as a pirate (arrr!) or there might be some work for me to do.

-------------

"Ahoy captain!"

"Oh. It's you. You're that crazy Dunmer, aren't you?"

"I be a Dunmer, captain, aye!"

"Er, yes. Why are you talking like that?"

"I be interested in pirating, captain."

"I'm a merchant, not a pirate. And I'd...I'd rather you didn't come on my ship."

"I...oh. That's disappointing. I wanted to be a pirate."

"Maybe you can find another pirate ship to sail on. Not mine, though. Please stay away from my ship."

"Everyone says to stay away from their things; 'stay away from my ship, Terenna. Stay away from my personal library, stay away from my house, stay away from my family!' It's not fair. Anyway, do you want help?"

"I guess I've got something for you to do. I had a shipment of refined void salts that one of my sailors lost in a cave; it's worth some pretty big money and you'll get a good cut if you bring them to me."

"Sure thing, Captain Wayfarer."

"It's Captain Wayfinder. But the cave's miles away. Miles and miles away from here. Several days travel, I think. At least."

"I'll get them for you, sure."

-----------

So I went walking across Skyrim. It was fun. I met lots of people. I met some of them in a Dwemer ruin and they got mad at me for some reason and started trying to attack me so I burned them and they stopped. They were mean. There were some Dwemer machines there too, and they started attacking as well so I burned them to and they stopped. I don't know why there are so many mean people around nowadays. It makes me sad.

It took me a while, but I found the cave. I stopped in Morthal along the way and did some alchemy and played hide and seek too. I was amazing and the all-round champion of Hide and Seek ever. Ever. The best. And telling the kid who was looking for me that I'd burn him alive if he found me is not cheating. It's taking the initiative.

And I found the salts. And burned some wolves. And a necromancer. And got paid 500 gold. And it was good.

Screencap: Pretty view
Lady Saga
goodjob.gif

Colonel Mustard
Cheers, Saga! smile.gif

Dear Diary

Today was a busy day. It started with Frida from the Mortar and Pestle asking me to go to a nearby cave to get her a ring. It was quite near Dawnstar, but over a lot mountains. I had to go through a mountain pass on the way there, and I met some Necromancers there. I wanted to be friends with them, but they didn't want to, so I had to burn them, as fire makes bad people go away. Skyrim needs more nice people.

The cave itself had a lot of Draugr in it, and none of them seemed to like me disturbing them. I think they were sleeping, and they might have got annoyed when I took all of their gold. I don't blame them for trying to kill me; I get like that in the morning sometimes. Once I killed them all, I got the Ring of Pure Mixtures, and a wall yelled at me as well. I shouted back at it but it didn't yell again; I always find you've got to stand your ground when walls shout at you, they won't give you trouble again.

Once I was done, I decided I might go and explore the area a little while I was there. And whilst I was exploring, I met some friends! Two friends! One was an Argonian named Beem-Ja and the other was a Redguard called Salma. They were going into another old Nord tomb called Ironbind Barrow, and wanted all the treasure inside, and I said I'd help them. So we went inside, and we had to deal with the draugr in there as well as some spiders (I hate spiders! Yuck!).

Once we'd dealt with all the Draugr, and defeated the one that was in charge of all the rest, Beem-Ja suddenly turned and said that he needed me to be a blood sacrifice for him. That upset Salma and then she killed him for it. I'm just used to it so I didn't take it personally; a lot of my friends have tried to use me as a blood sacrifice before.

Salma seemed upset about Beem-Ja trying to use me as a blood sacrifice, even though I said it wasn't the first time it happened, but she didn't seem interested in any more of the loot in the barrow even though that was why she was there before. That meant I got lots of shiny things!

The shiniest of the shiny things I got was a circlet. It was just made of copper and had some moonstones in it, but it had an enchantment on it to make it easier for me to cast destruction spells so it was good. [Mustard's note: that, combined with Terrena levelling up to level 4 and getting the perk that halves the casting cost of apprentice-level Destruction spells, is an absolute godsend. Allows me to play Terrena as the walking firebolt-machine gun that she's meant to be played as] One day I shall have a circlet made from gold and diamonds, and it shall be my crown when I am queen. Of somewhere.

Right now I'm in the Nightgate Inn, writing this up. I'm going to go back to Dawnstar tomorrow and see what Frida can teach me about alchemy. Maybe she has something else fun for me to do too.
Lady Saga
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Mar 12 2013, 07:53 AM) *

[Mustard's note: that, combined with Terrena levelling up to level 4 and getting the perk that halves the casting cost of apprentice-level Destruction spells, is an absolute godsend. Allows me to play Terrena as the walking firebolt-machine gun that she's meant to be played as

I agree, some of those early perks really improve our character's early existence.

Elisabeth Hollow
Once I killed them all, I got the Ring of Pure Mixtures, and a wall yelled at me as well. I shouted back at it but it didn't yell again; I always find you've got to stand your ground when walls shout at you, they won't give you trouble again.

What? XDDDD
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Mar 12 2013, 05:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Mar 12 2013, 07:53 AM) *

[Mustard's note: that, combined with Terrena levelling up to level 4 and getting the perk that halves the casting cost of apprentice-level Destruction spells, is an absolute godsend. Allows me to play Terrena as the walking firebolt-machine gun that she's meant to be played as

I agree, some of those early perks really improve our character's early existence.

Yeah, definitely. I've got to say, Skyrim's difficulty curve can be kind of odd as a result, though; it can be pretty damn hard as a starting character and then, as you improve, it gets much easier. To be fair on Bethesda, they're going to have trouble tailoring the game to the multiple different kinds of characters you play, and it does give you a feel of accomplishment and progress as you get better, but it's tricky early on.
Grits
I’m enjoying Terenna’s diary, Mustard. BTW I used to call mine “Letters To Myself.” tongue.gif

I started a New Jensa on the Xbox because for one the original Jensa’s game was suffering from gigantism after 300 or so hours, and two she wants to kill some vampires.

I thought she would do things in roughly the same order, but it turns out that New Jensa is the SAME Jensa. (She may have talked to Jerric about slipping the bonds of game mechanics. Gods help me if that’s the case.) So she went straight to Windhelm to make an honest man of Stenvar, never mind about fighting the war first. They live at Candlehearth Hall since she can’t buy Hjerim yet. They have to pay for their room every time they sleep there. This does not bother Jensa. And she does not want to buy a different house, because they live at Hjerim. She just doesn’t have the key right now.

Anyway Jensa was not thrilled with Serana’s company, and while she did not exactly sass Lord Harkon she was not humble in his presence either. Now she and her man Stenvar are on their way back to Fort Dawnguard.

In her old game Jensa was wearing light stalhrim armor for dungeons and hide or fur for general use. I was completely shocked when New Jensa put on some Elven armor with her Dawnguard gauntlets and boots. She really hates the Thalmor, enough to go to war. But I guess she has grown up enough to associate elven armor with Altmer style, not just the hated Thalmor. Anyway I was surprised. And BTW she looks hot.

Also I was glad that I did not have to endure another Forsworn bikini phase. rolleyes.gif But she is still in hide for most occasions.

What else? Oh, Erik the Slayer. Erik disappeared from Jensa’a original game. He never made it home after she dismissed him in Windhelm. I thought she would be overjoyed to see him again and possibly invite him to travel along while her old man puts his feet up in Windhelm. But she is quite cool toward Erik. I guess after all of the getting over a broken heart and then she thought he was dead business, she’s a little pissed that he didn’t even send her a note.

Skill-wise she’s the same. Light armor, greatsword, block, archery, alchemy, and sneak, with conjuration for her (useless) wolf familiar. Oh please oh please, I want some animal summonings in my DLC someday.

Lady Saga
Very cool about new Jensa, I hope to see a 'hot' pic. smile.gif I know what you mean about 2nd edition characters behaving differently from first edition.

What do you mean about "giganticism?" lol @ Bikini Forsworn comment! laugh.gif

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Mar 12 2013, 01:24 PM) *

To be fair on Bethesda, they're going to have trouble tailoring the game to the multiple different kinds of characters you play, and it does give you a feel of accomplishment and progress as you get better, but it's tricky early on.

Yeah, so true! Mycharonna' and Lord Haaf-Mersey's games both felt difficult and challenging in the beginning even though they are on Apprentice difficulty. But with Uber Kness, he simply mows through his enemies with his 2-handed battleaxe! I had to put his game back on Adept; otherwise every enemy was a 2 to 4-hit kill.
Grits
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Mar 13 2013, 08:49 PM) *

What do you mean about "giganticism?"

Her file is really big. Plus she was started before the first patch, so that's probably taken its toll.
Grits
Catching up with Big D:

The Bulsakh made his way to the empty mountaintop lair without any more trouble. Erik got sidetracked somewhere, so Big D picked up the loot and started walking toward Kynesgrove. He was going pretty slowly because he was over encumbered. The sun set. The moons rose behind clouds. No Slayer.

Finally Erik caught up right before D got to the road. It was very dark by then. (And it was very late at night in Grits world.) The fellows balanced the load and moved quietly past the giants and mammoths who like to hang around hassling travelers. Then I got a surprise. It went like this.

Battle Music: Dum da da DUM

Erik the Slayer: Kaboom!

Erik the Slayer’s Dremora: I SMELL WEAKNESS

Grits: Gaah!! *faints* (I had forgotten that the Slayer also had the Sanguine Rose in his possession. wacko.gif)

It was still early when they got to Kynesgrove. They decided to press on to Windhelm.

When they reached Windhelm it was dark and snowing, but the weather bothers neither orc nor Nord. The Slayer wanted to pay respects at the Temple of Talos while they were in town. Since the shops were closed they started looking around.

The first thing they found was a little girl walking in front of them. “I’m so cold,” she said to nobody, because she was alone.

Big D and the Slayer exchanged a look. They followed her at a distance so as not to freak her out. Pretty soon she lay down and went to sleep right on the snowy stones.

The Bulsakh did some thinking. He thought about how his wife had just put two children’s beds in their house. He remembered how lonesome she looked sitting by herself on one of the beds with no little girl whose hair needed brushing. At least that’s what he guessed humans did with girls and their hair. Honestly he had no idea.

He did know that babies fit in cradles, and his wife bought beds. He woke up the little girl. Soon she was on the carriage to Riften.

Big D looked over at his buddy Erik. “Do you think I should have asked Sylgja first?”

The Slayer shrugged. “Don’t worry, your wife has a big heart. After all she married an orc.”

The Bulsakh decided that made good sense. So when they got to Whiterun he adopted another little girl.

Highlights on the way included getting completely lost and wandering in circles near Uttering Hills cave after spending quite some time sledding down the hill by Anga’s Mill.

The sledding is an in-game activity accomplished with a dose of imagination: Big D goes to first person and sprints down the hill until he runs out of stamina. Then he jumps, which sends him sailing through the air. Once he made it almost to the river. Erik the Slayer participates as well, since the terrain in that area allows him to follow pretty much right where D goes.

A strange thing happened when they got home to Honeyside. An eyebrowless Nord woman standing inside his house called Big D a milk-drinker. Well that did not go well. He tried to get her to follow him outside so that his first act upon arriving home to his sleeping wife and two newly adopted daughters would not be a killing right there in the kitchen. But a killing there was, facilitated by Sylgja waking up and attacking with her pickaxe while the two girls ran all over the place saying, “Why are they hurting each other?”

Thankfully Sylgja took care of the body when D stepped outside to clear his head. When he returned she was already asleep.

So Big D (with The Slayer guarding his back) went downstairs to give some presents to his daughters and put them to bed. It was very sweet. He still doesn’t know what to do with their hair, but now he has no worries about how he will be as a father. Nord girls like toy swords and daggers just as much as orcs girls do.

Elisabeth Hollow
Oh wow. When Kayla went back to the house, there's was a dead draugr on our doorstep, and Onmund just goes "Hello, my love!" XD
ghastley
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 14 2013, 12:59 PM) *

Oh wow. When Kayla went back to the house, there's was a dead draugr on our doorstep, and Onmund just goes "Hello, my love!" XD

Next you'll get a bill from the Daedric Dead Draugr Doorstep Delivery service. Did Onmund remember to sign for it?
mALX

GAAAAH! Onmund back from the dead !!!
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 14 2013, 01:33 PM) *

GAAAAH! Onmund back from the dead !!!

Hahaha!
Grits
Hmm. Was the draugr wearing a party hat? Sounds suspicious to me. Onmund is up to something!
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 14 2013, 02:07 PM) *

Hmm. Was the draugr wearing a party hat? Sounds suspicious to me. Onmund is up to something!

Come to think of it, he DID look a little bit more festive...

-shakes fist- ONMUUUUUND!!
mALX
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 14 2013, 03:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 14 2013, 02:07 PM) *

Come to think of it, he DID look a little bit more festive...

-shakes fist- ONMUUUUUND!!

First it's undead, now draugr! Onmund has a dark side Kayla, be careful!
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 14 2013, 07:07 PM) *

Gasp! ohmy.gif

Somebody order a Draugrgram!
Lady Saga
This one was fun to read, Grits!

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 14 2013, 12:33 PM) *

Battle Music: Dum da da DUM

Erik the Slayer: Kaboom!

Erik the Slayer’s Dremora: I SMELL WEAKNESS

Grits: Gaah!! *faints* (I had forgotten that the Slayer also had the Sanguine Rose in his possession. wacko.gif)

laugh.gif

... He remembered how lonesome she looked sitting by herself on one of the beds with no little girl whose hair needed brushing. At least that’s what he guessed humans did with girls and their hair. Honestly he had no idea.

He did know that babies fit in cradles....

All this made me laugh so hard. I'm at work, too, so I had to kinda muffle this! IT's also touching that Big D would consider the feelings of other beings like this.

The sledding is an in-game activity accomplished with a dose of imagination: Big D goes to first person and sprints down the hill until he runs out of stamina. Then he jumps, which sends him sailing through the air. Once he made it almost to the river. Erik the Slayer participates as well, since the terrain in that area allows him to follow pretty much right where D goes.

This is also awesome. smile.gif As well as the girl saying "why are they hurting each other?"

Lady Saga
Where we left off: Lord Haaf-Mersey has rounded up a couple of renegades for Isran, and these renegades have been sent to Castle Dawnguard. After spending some time at Lakeview Manor LHM has returned to Dawnguard, where he now finds somebody waiting for him.

IPB Image

"Serana?"
But such cannot be!"

"You probably weren't expecting to see me again."

The pair stands in an antechamber, away from the main portion of the castle. Isran is also present, as well as Mjoll the Lioness, Haaf-Mersey's new warrior companion.

"But ye are here?" the Lord says. "Of what austerity have ye the confidence to make court amongst such valiant, mortal men as these?" Haaf-Mersey looks towards the stone floor they stand on. It is sticky with blood.

"I'd rather not be here either", Serana says plainly. "But I needed to talk to you. It's important. So please just listen. It's....it's about me, and the Elder Scroll that was buried with me."

As her words calmly issue from her lips, Haaf-Mersey's heart initially races, his senses on high alert, but then it suddenly slows. A sort of calmness takes over. It's those eyes of hers.

"Scroll?....Ye maketh mention of a scroll?" ...Everything is okay, he thinks. It's just her. It's just Serana.

"The reason I had it and why I was down there... it all comes back to my father. He's not such a good person, as you may have already figured out."

Did she feed? the Lord thinks. He is still calm, but also alarmed. Did she take another life right here? With all of them standing around watching? ...Haaf-Mersey's thoughts are immediately answered by Serana's mind, even as she speaks to him and Isran with her physical mouth. ....Do not be alarmed. I do what I have to do to survive, just like you. He was a captured bandit, the sort of man you kill everyday. I rid him of his miserable mortal life, just as you have many times.

...it is as if the Lord stands in two rooms at once. In one room, all four of them (he, Serana, Isran, and Mjoll) are standing present. In the other room, it is only Haaf-Mersey and Serana. There now....it's okay.... she tells him in this other room, causing him to put down his guard completely. He cannot even reply back, he's so calmed.

"............... good fight!" What do you make of that?" Mjoll babbles behind the group, in her own little world.

Lord Haaf-Mersey realizes that he's fully back in this room with Mjoll, Isran, and Serana; the other room where he and the vampire spoke alone is now gone. "Thine father?" Haaf-Mersey replies dumbly, now confused. "... an Elder Scroll? ... How does such ....?" his thoughts are so scrambled...

"It's pointless and vain, like all prophecies" Serana tries to explain. "It is said that vampires would no longer fear the sun. That's what my father was after, he wants to control the sun." ...Serana explains that to keep the scroll from her father, she had been entombed, hidden deeply within Dimhollow Crypt. And now, she's made it to Dawnguard, where she feels safe and needs his help.

"I am of felicity that ye have made thy presence of...." the Lord says, dumbly. He doesn't know what to say. He's that dumbfounded lad back in school, all over again. "...presence of mind".

"I did. But something about you makes me think I can trust you."

The Lord is shocked once again. Serana seems to want to assist Dawnguard. She comes to the castle, somehow makes it inside without being killed, and is still here. She waited for him. Could this be a ploy?

"Well, what is next, then? ..Ye would prefer to make employ of this stronghold of vampire hunters? Such is of clarity?"

"That was the plan, yes. Assuming the rest of them can trust a vampire. Come on...I'll need you to help convince them."

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

12:15 pm
"Alright" Isran says as the Lord turns to Dawnguard's leader. "You've heard what she has to say. Now tell me, is there any reason why I shouldn't kill this blood-sucking fiend right now?"

Lord Haaf-Mersey feels slighted by Isran's words. It's as if Isran is insulting his sister.

"Mind you!" the crusader scoffs in lower Tamriellic tongue. "Serana has made preparations, and performed visitation of her own sort of accord, Isran. ...And presented us her tale. We can deliver her away from eternal life, perhaps, but perhaps Serana might also make provision towards vital assistance, in our fight against the derisive evil which now inhabits Skyrim. Perhaps Serana might also knoweth of the trappings of her father's home. A sort of spy, a sort of accolade, might she be. And in full assistance. What sayeth ye upon such?"

"Set my hatred aside? Not a chance! It's what keeps me strong." Isran answers.

"I have seen the light, Isran. The light that shineth of Julianos, Lord of logics, reasonings. Serana is not of pertubation. And ye shalt make one mighty decision of wrongful misdoinings, should ye not gather with open arms and mind Serana's provisional offer."

Lord Haaf-Mersey realizes he is saying these words himself, without any of Serana's charms or urgings. It's as if she is allowing him to make up his own mind about this situation. She is honestly leaving her fate up to him.

"You'd better know what you're doing," Isran says coldly. It can stay for now, but if it so much as lays a finger on anyone here, you'll be responsible." Isran now turns to the vampire "....You hear me? You so much as lay a finger on anyone here and you're dead. But I realize your resource is an asset to Castle Dawnguard. In the meantime, don't make me regret my sudden outburst of generosity. Because if you do, your friend is going to pay for it."

"Thank you for you kindness," Serana replies with sarcasm. "I'll remember it the next time I'm feeling hungry."

The lord finds himself suppressing a giggle at this. He's fully under the vampir's charm, once again, and does not realize it.

"Are you ready?" Serana asks the Lord now as Mjoll babbles again from behind like an eager schoolgirl. Serana then explains that nobody can read the scroll, except for a group called the Moth Priests, who only reside in Cyrodiil.

"I heard a new scholar arrived from Cyrodiil not long ago..." Isran replies, but refuses to help the vampire figure out where the Priest might be staying. He does suggest trying various inns, though.

"What sayeth ye?" the Lord asks Serana. "I am of desire to make findings of this scholar. Have ye any preconceptions of locating?"

"Well back before I..I... you know...the College of Winterhold was the first place I'd go for many magics or historical things. I ....I realize I can come with you, but I don't know if I can trust your friend. Let me know if you want me to come along."

Lord Haaf-Mersey turns to his companion, Mjoll the Lioness. I must choose her? Or choose her? The Lord expects his thoughts will be answered again by Serana, as she speaks to him in that other room. But this does not happen. Matter of fact, Serana calmly leaves the antechamber. No charming, and no 'urging.'

"I need to have solitude with mine thoughts...", Lord Haaf-Mersey says diplomatically. "..that mine choices ring true, and follow mine heart".

Serana, surprisingly, allows this to happen.
Grits
Renee, I was rolling over Mjoll's own little world. Perfect! laugh.gif

Here’s an update from Jensa:

I’ve taken orders from some grumpy fetchers in my time, but this Isran takes the prize. Of course I can’t blame anyone who works with me for being out of sorts. The last few weeks have been hard to explain.

First I went with Stenvar to help out these new vampire hunters. I guess the dragons won’t eat bloodsuckers, because lately Skyrim has seen more than a fair share of them.

Anyway this Isran sent us to find out what the vampires are up to. So we did.

But that just made him mad. I guess he wanted me to take on a whole castle full of them by myself. Jackass. I showed him on my map where they all live in case he wants to go take a crack at them.

Then while we were away sweet talking some folks that he pissed off previously and now wants to see again, the vampire wench whose clan I failed to single-handedly slaughter showed up at Fort Dawnguard.

I went up to the torture room to talk to Isran about it. I thought he was going to make me clean her guts up off the floor, but she was still alive. I guess her vampire charm works better on men, or maybe on all folks who aren’t blessed by the Atronach. Anyway now when she’s around I have one eye on Serana and the other on my Stenvar.

She had some ideas about the vampire’s plans and that means things need doing. Isran decided to let her live for a while. I’m not so sure about that. She says she feels a bond between us. I guess that’s because it was my blood that woke her up. Frankly she could go right back to sleep as far as I care, but first I’d like my blood back. Well I guess that’s not going to happen.

Stenvar and I were headed out the door to go find someone who can read her scroll, when Serana slid up beside me. “I don’t know if I can trust your friend,” she told me. By that she meant Stenvar. She said if I want her to come along it just has to be her and me.

Now I don’t expect a vampire to know much about loyalty, but this one used to be a Nord so there’s no excuse. But Stenvar hooked me by the belt and hauled me out the door before I could throw down on her. I guess if she wants her scroll read she’ll stick around until we come back with a Moth Priest. Or maybe when we get back we’ll just find a dusty scroll. Both ways work for me.

SubRosa
QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 17 2013, 03:48 PM) *

Renee, I was rolling over Mjoll's own little world. Perfect! laugh.gif

Here’s an update from Jensa:

I’ve taken orders from some grumpy fetchers in my time, but this Isran takes the prize. Of course I can’t blame anyone who works with me for being out of sorts. The last few weeks have been hard to explain.

First I went with Stenvar to help out these new vampire hunters. I guess the dragons won’t eat bloodsuckers, because lately Skyrim has seen more than a fair share of them.

Anyway this Isran sent us to find out what the vampires are up to. So we did.

But that just made him mad. I guess he wanted me to take on a whole castle full of them by myself. Jackass. I showed him on my map where they all live in case he wants to go take a crack at them.

Then while we were away sweet talking some folks that he pissed off previously and now wants to see again, the vampire wench whose clan I failed to single-handedly slaughter showed up at Fort Dawnguard.

I went up to the torture room to talk to Isran about it. I thought he was going to make me clean her guts up off the floor, but she was still alive. I guess her vampire charm works better on men, or maybe on all folks who aren’t blessed by the Atronach. Anyway now when she’s around I have one eye on Serana and the other on my Stenvar.

She had some ideas about the vampire’s plans and that means things need doing. Isran decided to let her live for a while. I’m not so sure about that. She says she feels a bond between us. I guess that’s because it was my blood that woke her up. Frankly she could go right back to sleep as far as I care, but first I’d like my blood back. Well I guess that’s not going to happen.

Stenvar and I were headed out the door to go find someone who can read her scroll, when Serana slid up beside me. “I don’t know if I can trust your friend,” she told me. By that she meant Stenvar. She said if I want her to come along it just has to be her and me.

Now I don’t expect a vampire to know much about loyalty, but this one used to be a Nord so there’s no excuse. But Stenvar hooked me by the belt and hauled me out the door before I could throw down on her. I guess if she wants her scroll read she’ll stick around until we come back with a Moth Priest. Or maybe when we get back we’ll just find a dusty scroll. Both ways work for me.

I can relate to Jensa's feelings! When I tried the DG with Revansch I just could not do it, precisely because of how it force-feeds a vampire onto your vampire hunter character. Now I get the whole Friendly Neighborhood Vampire trope, but the ham-fisted way the game thrusts her upon you makes things very difficult to roleplay for your hardened vampire-hunter. It would have been a lot better if the game had actually given you a reason to trust her when you first meet her. Like some scripted scene where she saves your life. Or somehow demonstrates that she Uses Her Powers For Good

But as I mentioned in another topic the other day, Serana Is Not Actually A Vampire. She's a regular Nord. Someone just reverse-pickpocketed a Vampire Keyword into her script, so spells that work on vampires will also effect her. But you will never, ever, see her drink blood. Maybe when Jensa figures out Serana is just deluded, her attitude toward will lighten up.

OTOH, the game is even more ham-fisted in its approach to you playing a vampire before you start the DG questline. It still forces you to join the Dawnguard! Then once you are there with your bat-face and glowing eyes, standing in front of Isran - the tough, experienced, no-nonsense vampire hunter bossman - he has no clue that you are a vampire? Riiiight. That makes a lot of sense.
Grits
I wondered how they managed to keep Serana pretty. My Nord vampire wears a cowl. She's hideous. blink.gif
SubRosa
QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 17 2013, 04:18 PM) *

I wondered how they managed to keep Serana pretty. My Nord vampire wears a cowl. She's hideous. blink.gif

I was curious about that too. That is what first led me to look her up in the Construction Kit. Bethesda obviously subscribes to the Beauty Equals Goodness trope, since they went out of their way to make their spotlight vampire character pretty, unlike every other vamp in the game.
Lady Saga
ohmy.gif No way ! We're at the same point of Dawnguard? That's amazing. It's cool how we have our own styles of telling the same story.

And yeah, Mjoll is a motormouth. laugh.gif OMG she's almost worse than Marcurio
Grits
Yeah, I think Jensa and LHM are searching for the same guy. smile.gif

I had one character take Mjoll out on the road, I don't remember who. They got as far as Fort Greenwall and told Mjoll to go back home!
Lady Saga
laugh.gif Mjoll is a nice NPC, don't get me wrong. It's just she repeats her lines 3x as much as Marcurio or Jenassa or Erik the Slayer or anybody else. I can't tell you how many times I've heard her story about her father taking her to Morrowind as a child. Or how she enjoys Skyrim's cold because she's got Nord blood. Or... ARRGH!

Where's my facepalm smiley? hehe.gif

Anyways, LHM just plundered Fort Fellhammer, Fort Dunstad, and half of a falmer cave near these two forts. He retrieved the Helm of Winterhold, but is taking his time, stopping at every possible place on his way back to Winterhold. It's fun!

They've stopped in Silverdrift Lair (a draugr barrow) in search of lots of potions for Mjoll. She's annyoing, but she's doing very well as a warrior, and I think it's thanks toyou, Grits, for telling us about the potion trick. LHM has given her a couple staves as well: one which allows her to cast frost atronachs, and one which casts ice storms. WOOOSH! And she still uses Grimsever of course.

SubRosa
Euryale is now looking for the same guy as you two. biggrin.gif

She took a brief break from hunting vampires to visit home in Windstad Manor. I fast traveled there from Morthal because I am tired of making that same walk through the swamp by now. She appeared at the manor with two dead Draugr at her feet! That has never happened before! blink.gif
Lady Saga
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 17 2013, 06:45 PM) *

Euryale is now looking for the same guy as you two. biggrin.gif

Ha ha sweet! It's an adventuring party!

King Coin
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 17 2013, 05:45 PM) *

She appeared at the manor with two dead Draugr at her feet! That has never happened before! blink.gif

Clearly she had some fun without you.

EDIT: Aravi's a little bit ahead of you all. She's looking for some insects. Yes it is DG quest related.
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(King Coin @ Mar 17 2013, 07:17 PM) *

EDIT: Aravi's a little bit ahead of you all. She's looking for some insects. Yes it is DG quest related.

I read "DG" as "DragonGuard" XD
SubRosa
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 17 2013, 11:21 PM) *

That might be the next DLC!

Or maybe it will be DragonFires, or HearthBorn biggrin.gif
Lady Saga
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 18 2013, 06:51 AM) *

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 17 2013, 11:21 PM) *

That might be the next DLC!

Or maybe it will be DragonFires, or HearthBorn biggrin.gif

Knights of the Moon? ... Horse Isles?

Elisabeth Hollow
Kayla returned to Helgen.

As she approached, the music cut off, leaving an eerie silence. The only sounds were the distant chirps of bugs and the ominous roar of a far-off dragon. She picked the locks and when the gates swung open, she was met with a horrid sight. Burnt bodies lie around as well as on spikes. The buildings were crumbled and had long since stopped smoking, but the horrors of what had happened were still etched in her memory.

She jumped up onto an old outpost, once high and seemingly omniscient, as two bandits came around the corner. They saw the movement out of the corner of their eyes, but after a moment of searching, they dismissed it as a figment of their imaginations.

That's when Kayla's arrow left the string.

It hit the first bandit, a blonde Nord male, square in the chest. Before the other could react, she applied poison to her other arrow and shot him in the stomach. He dropped to his knees, begging for mercy. She loosed an arrow into his skull.

Creeping along the sides of the town's walls, she headed towards Helgen Keep. She spotted an Argonian man across the courtyard and loosed an arrow, planting it square into his sternum. He fell with a small groan.

She doubled back, heading to the Keep. She found a side door next to the Argonian's body. She recognized this place. This is where her and Hadvar had come. On the floor was her roughspun tunic she had quickly pulled off and hastily put on the Imperial's armor. Hadvar hadn't turned around but she had. She wasn't used to changing in front of others.

Kayla's long ears picked up the sound of a voice. Something about being tired after a long day. easing herself along the wall, she crept down the long corridor to where her and Hadvar had confronted the Stormcloak soldiers. She winced as she remembered the unbridled rage on the Nord woman's face as she swung her hammer towards Hadvar's head, never even giving him a chance to speak his words of peace. In the end, words weren't needed as they continued on, just the two of them.

The body of a soldier still lie there, propped against a chair. Kayla shook her head and continued on, taking a small turn and heading down the spiral stone steps of the keep. Shattered pillars and stone that had once been a formidable structure now lie in ruins, only partially keeping the rest of the structure from collapsing on itself.

She slid into a well-lit room, with two bandits, a Redguard female and male, sitting across the room, not facing her, but their heads inclined at each other. A calm anger steadied Kayla's hand, her arrow cutting into the man's ribs, then, when the woman got up, knocking her onto the table with a cry. She took their gold and left, knowing she neared the torture chamber. That was enough for one day.

Once back outside in the crisp, clear air, Kayla rummaged around her pack, pulling a few mountain flowers out. She went to each of the ruined houses, placing a small bouquet at the door.

She remembers. She'll always remember.
Lady Saga
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 18 2013, 01:48 PM) *

She remembers. She'll always remember.

Awww. smile.gif

Grits
Jensa 2.0 found her house keys. wink.gif She and Stenvar are moved into Hjerim.
Renee
Sundas, 8:14 AM, 12th of Rain's hand

"Best offense is a good defense, am I right?"

"'Tis of certainty, my good man."

Lord haaf-Mersey and Mjoll the Lioness walk by one of Dawnstar's guards. The guard shows respect for the Crusader from Cyrodiil, as does the entire village. They'll never forget the man who saved them from their nightmares. ... The sun shines upon acres of snow; there's only a hint of snowfall. It's going to be a good day.

"Ahh...there 't is. The beauty that shineth upon this day, has beckoned me and mine friend, indeed! Gaze upon Nightcaller Temple, Lioness-Mjoll. 'Tis one place devoted of completeness towards a greater affection of the great goddess Mara".

Mjoll the Lioness bumps up against the Lord a little too closely as he stops to admire the tower. She bumps him, and then awkwardly moves away from him.

"Whedn I was young, I journeyd into Morrowdwind with my father. The cleef-racers made for excellent spordt!" she replies nervously.

Lord Haaf-Mersey checks the pocket of his hand-crafted leather armor. Yes, her gift is still there.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

10:14 AM
Lord Haaf-Mersey trudges towards the temple. He's out of breath. They've just fought three snow bears, and survived.

"I've ndever been a spelld-sword, nddever traded my skills for gold. I've always been a ....."

"Here 'tis, my lovely charmer!"

The Lord opens the door for her, offering her to step inside of Nightcaller Temple. But she refuses to enter the temple*.

"But Mjoll? Of what concerns have you?"

Mjoll the Lioness does not reply. She only looks at him with her dull yelow-green eyes and stares.

She is a dullard ...the Lord thinks, but she would make a good wife.

....Over these past few days, the Lord has realized that her company is rather dull. She is not brilliant, like he is. She is not spontaneous and fun to be around like Serana is. ..But Mjoll would make an excellent wife. She would be good with my little one, and Lucia needs a mother about the house...

Marcurio the Wizard from Riften had been keeping Lakeview Manor (Lord Haaf-Mersey's estate and property) free of vermin and running smoothly. His skills with organizing and delegation are impeccable. But his presence at Lakeview is one mostly of annoyance, once the Crusader returns. His constant suggestions. His "look what the horker dragged in...." comments. His subtle hints that he wants to return to a life of adventuring.

"It cannot be so." the Lord is flabbergasted. "You will not joineth me inside these temple walls? What frightens ye so, m'lady?"

Perhaps she knows of my plans. Perhaps I am rushing upon her acquaintanceship, and with haste.

Today is not the day. Lord Haaf-Mersey takes his Amulet of Mara, and puts it back into his leather satchel.

*Nightcaller (for whatever reason) is programmed to NOT allow NPC followers inside. LHM brought Marcurio here long ago. NPCs cannot follow insdie this temple, probably due to the quest related to it.
Grits

Uh oh... And LHM couldn't get into Mara's shrine for his proposal. Maybe it's a sign from Mara!

Duralekh gro-Bulsakh and Erik the Slayer have been delivering a bunch of stuff to people all over Skyrim. Funny how one favor turns into another. They finally made it back to Riften not long after sunset, road weary and ready for some family time.

A frost dragon greeted them the minute they stepped through the city gate. It landed on the roof of Honeyside.

Big D and Erik took it down with the help of most of Riften’s citizenry. The Bulsakh was glad that he did not see his wife or daughters among the combatants. Sylgja is a strong Nord woman, but you only get to throw your pickaxe at a dragon once.

The scene inside the house was warm and cozy.

“Hello, my love,” said sweet Sylgja.

“Can I get some allowance?” asked Sophie.

Lucia piped up. “Mister Brynjolf gave me an apple. He seems so nice.”

“SYLGJA!” Big D bellowed.

“Yes my love?” She was right behind The Slayer. It’s a tight fit getting everyone in Honeyside’s kitchen.

“Um,” said D, very embarrassed. He is not usually a yeller, but the dragon on the roof stressed him out. “How are the kids? Would you, uh, like to sell these iron weapons in your shop? Is that a Homecooked Meal I smell? I am the luckiest orc in Tamriel. And, uh, do you mind if we all move in with your mother?”

Sylgja honestly did not sound too thrilled, but she said she’d pack up and meet him there.

And she did. smile.gif

Colonel Mustard
LHM is back!! biggrin.gif

....Over these past few days, the Lord has realized that her company is rather dull. She is not brilliant, like he is. She is not spontaneous and fun to be around like Serana is. ..But Mjoll would make an excellent wife. She would be good with my little one, and Lucia needs a mother about the house...

And he's still not having much luck when it comes to jousting in the lists of love, poor fellow. I mean, that kind of thinking does not a happy marriage make...

Is that a Homecooked Meal I smell?

I'll admit it; I giggled at that. laugh.gif
Grits
Here's the latest from Darnand in Skyrim:

Darnand stood alone on the road looking up, it seemed for miles. Afternoon sunlight painted the clouds. Waterfalls cascaded over ancient carved stones. A massive Nordic ruin covered the mountainside.

It had taken weeks for him to gain an audience with the Jarl. Word of the favors he had done for the Reach’s farmers, miners, and merchants finally drifted up to Understone Keep. By the time Darnand found an excuse to speak with the Steward, his name was already known.

The local alchemist had sent him on an errand.

Darnand made his way through the keep to the Jarl’s palace. A noble Nord reclined on a seat made of stone, flanked by advisors. His Housecarl and Steward, Darnand decided. He held out the Stallion Potion and addressed the older man.

“Are you the Steward? Here is a delivery from—”

“Oh yes, thank you,” said the Steward. “Here you go. Some gold for your assistance. And your… discretion.”

Darnand took the coin purse. The Jarl’s Housecarl glared down at him.

“Is there any way this mage might assist the Mournful Throne?” Darnand asked quickly. “And there is the matter of my associate who is imprisoned in Cidhna Mine.”

The Steward had sent Darnand off to kill a band of Forsworn holed up in an old fortress. He had completed the task, healed his wounds, and returned to collect the bounty.

“Excellent,” said the Steward. “You’ve done us a great service. Here is your reward.”

Darnand accepted another pouch of coins.

“I have letters to read,” said the Steward. He made a dismissive gesture.

“My Jarl,” Darnand called desperately, hoping to Julianos that the Housecarl wouldn’t cut him in half for speaking.

The Jarl motioned him up the steps.

“You may approach the Mournful Throne,” intoned the Housecarl.

“My—”

“Treat my people fairly and I will do the same to you,” the Jarl told Darnand.

Darnand had quickly explained that his friend was still imprisoned long after his sentence should have run out.

The Jarl had thought for a moment and then replied.

“Perhaps you might assist with a personal matter. My father died trying to negotiate with the Forsworn, back when that was possible. They took his shield to those Hagraven beasts they consort with. I need you to bring it home where it belongs.”

Darnand stood frozen with shock and dismay. Hagravens? “But if my friend—” he started.

“I would consider it a personal favor,” the Jarl repeated. “One that I might then return.”

Darnand swallowed his anger. “It will be done.”

Now he stood in the road looking up at what would surely become his grave. Tiny figures moved among the ruins. Many, many figures. And somewhere up there dwelt a Hagraven.

None of the men sent here before him had ever returned. Darnand suspected that this was the task the Jarl used to dispose of annoying petitioners. He ground his teeth. Not this time.

“I’m going to need a lot of potions,” he muttered to himself. “Mountain flowers, mushrooms, butterfly wings…” Jerric did not endorse the slaughter of butterflies. It was an ongoing point of heated discussion between them.

Darnand started walking before despair made him vomit. He kept his eyes on the ground, searching for alchemy ingredients. “And the Divines know I could use some help.”

The story continues in King Coin's "Aravi in Skyrim" thread. biggrin.gif

Acadian
'Jerric did not endorse the slaughter of butterflies.'

One more reason to love the big Nord! happy.gif

(Even I know that in the northern province there are those who would use the tiny-winged flower dancers for alchemical purposes. sad.gif )
Renee
QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 20 2013, 10:17 PM) *

“Yes my love?” She was right behind The Slayer. It’s a tight fit getting everyone in Honeyside’s kitchen.

“Um,” said D, very embarrassed. He is not usually a yeller, but the dragon on the roof stressed him out. “How are the kids? Would you, uh, like to sell these iron weapons in your shop? Is that a Homecooked Meal I smell? I am the luckiest orc in Tamriel. And, uh, do you mind if we all move in with your mother?”

laugh.gif All of this is so amusing! laugh.gif Especially the way they're all crowded up in the house!

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Mar 21 2013, 05:34 AM) *

And he's still not having much luck when it comes to jousting in the lists of love, poor fellow. I mean, that kind of thinking does not a happy marriage make...

Yup, I agree. smile.gif He's picky but he's ready to compromise, for Lucia's sake.

LHM is old-fashioned, too. He wants the classic barefoot pregnant wife cooking for him by the hearth, and all that. rolleyes.gif
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 21 2013, 12:12 PM) *

'Jerric did not endorse the slaughter of butterflies.'

One more reason to love the big Nord! happy.gif

(Even I know that in the northern province there are those who would use the tiny-winged flower dancers for alchemical purposes. sad.gif )

Oh god, I remember the first time that happened. I was going along and saw 'catch butterfly'. I still remember my thought process.

"Ooh yeah, I can get butterflies! I know, I'll get a whole collection; I'll be the world-saving, dragon-slaying badass who has depth with his sensitive side and butterfly collecting hobby! What a great way to add depth to my cha-"

Butterfly Wings added to inventory

"I'M A MONSTER!!"

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Mar 21 2013, 12:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 20 2013, 10:17 PM) *

laugh.gif All of this is so amusing! laugh.gif Especially the way they're all crowded up in the house!

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Mar 21 2013, 05:34 AM) *

Yup, I agree. smile.gif He's picky and he's ready to compromise, for Lucia's sake.

LHM is old-fashioned, too. He wants the classic barefoot pregnant wife cooking for him by the hearth, and all that. rolleyes.gif

Hah, good luck getting that from Mjoll!
Renee
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Mar 21 2013, 08:39 AM) *

Hah, good luck getting that from Mjoll!

Yeah I know, right? laugh.gif LHM is kind of a knucklehead

“I’m going to need a lot of potions,” he muttered to himself. “Mountain flowers, mushrooms, butterfly wings…” Jerric did not endorse the slaughter of butterflies. It was an ongoing point of heated discussion between them.

Darnand started walking before despair made him vomit. He kept his eyes on the ground, searching for alchemy ingredients. “And the Divines know I could use some help.”

This is awesome, this whole thought process.

Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 21 2013, 05:57 AM) *

Kayla would help, for sure XD
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 21 2013, 02:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 21 2013, 05:57 AM) *

Kayla would help, for sure XD

Terenna would probably want to help too. Though Darnand probably would decline.
Grits
And Darnand gets some help!

The story continues in King Coin's "Aravi in Skyrim" thread. biggrin.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
Awwwww. XD
Grits
Here's an update from Jensa:

I’ve been to Oblivion and back again, and that’s all I’m going to say about it. Except if you’re reading this Stenvar, no I didn’t go to another one of Sanguine’s parties without you.

Also now I have a spirit horse and an Elder Scroll. And I can call a dragon to me just by saying his name. All things considered it was a productive trip.

After I told Serana to find her own way back wherever she’s going I went home to Stenvar. Calder is still off visiting his Ma so we had the house to ourselves. I could have stayed there with my man until the very stones crumbled, but we have another Scroll to find. Come to think of it if we don’t die first, I bet old Paarthurnax will want me to haul them up the mountain so he can take a look. One of them might work on the Time Wound. Anyway after I got back from the Soul Cairn, me and Stenvar went somewhere stranger. The College of Winterhold.

There was a high elf standing out front with an icicle hanging off her nose and from the look on her face she had another one stuck elsewhere. She gave me a test to see if I was worthy of dripping snow on their rug when I went in to ask my question. Now Ma always said I got more than my share of the clan’s Breton blood. That’s why I’m twice as magical and half as hairy. I never appreciated the magical part until now.

Anyway their orc librarian (didn’t I say this place was strange) told us to go out over the ice fields looking for some scholar who had more brains than sense back before studying on the Dwemer made his brains scramble. Now they save he lives in an ice cave. Why am I not surprised.

But for tonight we’re sleeping indoors under the same roof as a bunch of mages. No doors anywhere. It’s as bad as the Dawnguard barracks for privacy. Of course those ex-Vigilants wouldn’t like to know why we have to keep Sanguine happy, but maybe these mages won’t mind. Hells, some of them are older than dirt, so I guess they’ve already seen a thing or two. Best not to think about it. I might turn my own stomach.

Or that might be the horker stew. There’s no telling how long it sat out. These mages are not much for cooking.

Elisabeth Hollow
Jensa perty!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.