Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today In Skyrim (Spoilerific)
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Skyrim cheats and hints
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53
Grits
I don’t want to spoil anything, but I think that LHM would be a good mentor for young Erik. smile.gif
SubRosa
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Dec 30 2012, 06:30 PM) *

Today Lord Haaf-Mersey is on his way to Markath, but decided to spend the night in Frostfruit Inn. This is the Inn in Rorikstead, and the side quest there is to convince the innkeep to let his son (Erik) become an adventurer.

Well, several of my characters have started this one in the past, but LHM is the only one to succeed in convincing the innkeeper to let his son change professions. Maybe it's because LHM actually has some Speechcraft perks? I dunno. Anyways, all of this happened awhile ago, it's been months since LHM has been to Rorikstead. Well tonight he's gone there, and now "Erik" has become "Erik the Slayer!" laugh.gif We can hire the dude for 500 gold!

But he's up front about the fact that he's "green". I don't know if LHM should hire the man. Marcurio tends to overkill the game most of the time, maybe it's time for a change?

QUOTE(Grits @ Dec 30 2012, 06:44 PM) *

I don’t want to spoil anything, but I think that LHM would be a good mentor for young Erik. smile.gif

I agree with Grits. I have had various characters use both as followers. Mercutio is better at slaying everything in sight. But the problem is he tends to slay everything in sight. biggrin.gif You hardly get the chance to do it yourself. Erik will give you backup, but won't steal your thunder. He is also a nice guy to make into a Steward. He's like Mr. Rodgers with a big sword. I would trust my kinds around Erik. I do not think I would want Mercutio around them though...
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 30 2012, 05:51 PM) *

I agree with Grits. I have had various characters use both as followers. Mercutio is better at slaying everything in sight. But the problem is he tends to slay everything in sight. biggrin.gif You hardly get the chance to do it yourself. Erik will give you backup, but won't steal your thunder. He is also a nice guy to make into a Steward. He's like Mr. Rodgers with a big sword. I would trust my kids around Erik. I do not think I would want Mercutio around them though...

I wanted to give Erik a big bear hug. I wish I lived in a time where people could be adventurers and just find work where there was work to be done, and get paid to swing a sword about.

Sigh. Of course I'm romanticizing it, but it seems ideal. Although I could live without the trolls...and dragons...and possibly every other dangerous thing out there... biggrin.gif
King Coin
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Dec 30 2012, 10:38 PM) *

Although I could live without the trolls...and dragons...and possibly every other dangerous thing out there... biggrin.gif

And spiders the size of VW Beetles. blink.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(King Coin @ Dec 30 2012, 10:42 PM) *

Although I could live without the trolls...and dragons...and possibly every other dangerous thing out there... biggrin.gif

Yeah, those things drool too much. I really don't think the people in Skyrim look THAT tasty XD

And the RATS. I mean we have large "rats" here in Texas(Nutra rats{sp?]), but they're not so bad to where we have to grab a sword and chop them up to keep them out of our cities, lol
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Dec 30 2012, 09:13 PM) *

QUOTE(King Coin @ Dec 30 2012, 10:42 PM) *

Yeah, those things drool too much. I really don't think the people in Skyrim look THAT tasty XD

And the RATS. I mean we have large "rats" here in Texas(Nutra rats{sp?]), but they're not so bad to where we have to grab a sword and chop them up to keep them out of our cities, lol

There's some pretty big spiders here in CT(Warning: Do not view picture if you are afraid of spiders to the point where you may have a heart attack. I'm being serious, this was one big spider.) This bad boy was on my front porch and damn near have me a heart attack(I have arachnophobia so I screamed like a five year old girl)
Elisabeth Hollow
You ever been to Australia? Those guys have lived life on hard mode since birth XD I hear everything wants to kill and eat you, or just kill you for no good reason.
Lady Saga
QUOTE(Grits @ Dec 30 2012, 06:44 PM) *

Ha ha thanx. smile.gif I think LHM will hire Erik, but he'll take him somewhere easy, break the guy in slowly. Since he's never been to Markath (and I don't remember what the enemies are like in that direction) Marcut-io will travel with LHM for now.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 30 2012, 06:51 PM) *
Mercutio is better at slaying everything in sight. But the problem is he tends to slay everything in sight. biggrin.gif You hardly get the chance to do it yourself.

Ha ha, yup. Now, imagine having Marcutio in an Apprentice-difficulty game. indifferent.gif

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Dec 30 2012, 11:38 PM) *

I wanted to give Erik a big bear hug. I wish I lived in a time where people could be adventurers and just find work where there was work to be done, and get paid to swing a sword about.

ha ha I don't. laugh.gif I'm a wimp in real-life...except when it comes to spiders. Speaking of...

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Dec 31 2012, 01:35 AM) *

There's some pretty big spiders here in CT(Warning: Do not view picture if you are afraid of spiders to the point where you may have a heart attack. I'm being serious, this was one big spider.) This bad boy was on my front porch and damn near have me a heart attack(I have arachnophobia so I screamed like a five year old girl)

I found a pumpkin spider a couple years ago while walking in a park. It was right around halloween, and I thought I was looking at a kid's toy, but the thing was actually real. Looked like a black spider with a giant orange pumpkin on its back. ohmy.gif I took a picture of it, it's somewhere around here, in one of these work computers. All the pics I've found here on the 'net don't do the thing justice, in comparison to the pic I took.

Lady Saga
Fredas, 12:00 PM, 23rd of Morning Star

Days Passed: 159

"Here. Come hither, Marcurio, we shalt follow this road, and maketh our way towards Markath".

This is a direction Lord Haaf-Mersey has never been before. A new one, in this big world of Skyrim. His plan is to head to Markath to deliver a note to somebody there named "Kleppr", but he has really been looking for any excuse he can find to head to Markath.

The weather is grey, a typical Skyrim day. The air is cool and a bit windy, but at least there's no rain. Lord Haaf-Mersey is excited to go to Markath. He has heard there's an actual temple there, which worships either Dibella or Zenithar. He cannot remember which. But at least there is a house of worship! Not a dusty old cabin or a "temple" located in a former undead lair, or...nothing at all, as the hamlet of Winterhold proudly boasts.

Immediatly as they walk up an incline, Haaf-Mersey is already distracted: they spot a fort on top of a precipice!

"I wonder, who might reside in such? What thinks thee, Marcurio?"

Marcurio, as usual, has nothing to say. Not now, anyways. But it would be a guarntee that once they were inside, all a sudden the man would become an arrogant motormouth.

------------------------------------------------

1:13 PM
The pair find a cart with a khajiit rider. There are a couple of bear traps, set right in the middle of the road, and this poor cat-man and his cart were ruined.

A few minutes later, Haaf-Mersey and his partner are attacked by a group of bandits! They surprise Haaf-Mersey, who hadn't anticipated the ambush. He hasn't enough time to even get his sword unsheathed when Marcurio has already taken care of the problem!

PIISSSHEWWWWW!!! PIISSSHEWWWWW!!! PIISSSHEWWWWW!!! PIISSSHEWWWWW!!!

"I thank thee. Ye have come to my rescue, once again".

"Most bandits are cowards! But these seem braver than most!" Marcurio opines.

Lord Haaf-Mersey looks upon them, these ultra-savages who wear antlers and deer fur, using bones for weapons. He doesn't know what to make of them. Then he remembers the book he read. He had found this book in a camp full of these savages near Rorikstead. They had once lived in the Markath area, but the Nords pushed them out? Something like that. Lord Haaf-Mersey feels a sorrow for their cause.

....on the other hand, he doesn't like being attacked. Surprise-attacked, at that! They had no reason to do this, other than to steal his (and Marcurio's) things. And two wrongs do not make a right.

2:48 PM
As Haaf-Mersy searches and finally finds a way up to the fort (he think) when the ground shakes!

I have heard about this, these little earthquakes. i think this gets added by Dawnguard

"Wait here Marcurio. I shalt try and taketh these on my own".

Haaf-Mersey does not like being idle, while Marcurio gets all the glory. This is partially an ego thing on my Crusader's part, but if there's only more Forsworn up there, Marcurio willl not be needed. I hate seeing him 1 or 2-shot everything. rolleyes.gif

3:18 PM
Haaf-Mersey finds the place. And just as he walks up, the clouds break and the sun comes out, almost as if on cue.

"I AM LORD HAAF-MERSEY, CRUSADER FROM CYRODIIL! MAKETH THINE WAY TO THE FORE! GIVE UP THINE UNHOLY WAYS, AND GIVE IN TO THE NINE!"

There is no answer. He casts a Detect Life. Nobody here. But as he gets closer, he does see a figure in red. It's an archer, who draws his bow as he walks towards Haaf-Mersey.

"Come forth ruffian! Drop thine weapon! And HUNNNH!!" Haaf-Mersey is hit with an arrow. "Ye shalt PAY FOR THAT!"

"Just GIVE UP!"

Haaf-Mersy runs now, dodging this way and that, avoiding the archer's arrows as best he can! The bandit hasn't got a chance. He does not hit the Crusader with a single arrow before Haaf-Mersy is upon him, BASHING his face with his sheild!

"Talos guide me!"

"Do your worst!" *BASH* "You ready to die today, huh????" *BONK BONK* "uhhhhhhh!!!... the Forsworn archer falls upon a rock.

"Any more inside?" Haaf-Mersey wonders if there will be stronger ones inside. Perhaps he should get Marcurio, just in case.
Elisabeth Hollow
"Come forth ruffian! Drop thine weapon! And HUNNNH!!" Haaf-Mersey is hit with an arrow. "Ye shalt PAY FOR THAT!"

"Just GIVE UP!"

Haaf-Mersy runs now, dodging this way and that, avoiding the archer's arrows as best he can! The bandit hasn't got a chance. He does not hit the Crusader with a single arrow before Haaf-Mersy is upon him, BASHING his face with his sheild!

"Talos guide me!"

"Do your worst!" *BASH* "You ready to die today, huh????" *BONK BONK* "uhhhhhhh!!!... the Forsworn archer falls upon a rock.

"Any more inside?" Haaf-Mersey wonders if there will be stronger ones inside. Perhaps he should get Marcurio, just in case.

I completely lost it at this section right here. Sithis on a stick XD
Lady Saga
That's awesome! I woulda kept writing yesterday but my energy just started going south. sleep.gif That's what happens when you try to game after staying up late the day before. unsure.gif Haaf-Mersey did make it to Markath, but I wanna be more awake as he goes in there, cuz I anticipate it'll be another typing fest; all those new NPCs. It's really cool being on this part of Skyrim. LIke I said, it's been over a year since I've been to Markath, I forgot what the terrain is like. I remember Markath has a LOT of steps, and lots of stone.

I have another character whom I created a few weeks ago named Sharonne the Ice Witch. I've nicknamed her the Ice umbrella seller. hehe.gif That word rhymes with witch, if ya know what I mean. Anyways, I started to game with her yesterday, but after about a half hour I realized I didn't even know what she wants to do. I kinda wandered around with her on the plains, got attacked by some skeletons and bandits, and then turned my Xbox off.

Later on, it hit me. Murder! Dark Brotherhood! *smacks forehead* And she already has a target in mind. That guy Nazeem, the one who says "Have you been to the cloud district very often? Oh what am I saying, of course you don't" He is a MARKED MAN in her game! HA HAAH AHAAHAAAA!!!
Grits
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Jan 1 2013, 02:37 PM) *

rollinglaugh.gif I love this guy!

Mikke of Green River is still in Solstheim. I've left out the names so as not to spoil any quests.

These weeks among the Skaal with Torvar have been the sweetest I have ever known. They have found harmony even in a world without peace. But a wolf does not make its home in a goat shed. A lifetime with these good folk would not give me a gentle heart.

Torvar and I met a tribe who had been driven from their hall. We helped them reclaim it. I traveled with their leader as she sought a ghost’s blessing. To her shame, she did not receive it.

As her second I was called upon to do what’s right. My heart knew what to do. But first I looked to Torvar.

Of course he would not advise me. Torvar fights without fear and loves without guilt, for he lives with a voice that ever whispers, you’re not worthy. No honor given in this life can silence it. He only hopes he will find a new voice in the next.

The ghost was clear in his judgment. None stood worthy to lead his ancient hall.

I looked again within my heart. Who am I to judge? I am a beast in warrior’s armor. The peaceful Skaal would drive me out if they truly knew me. Every night I lie in the arms of a man who is not my husband. And even as I break my enemy’s hold on Solstheim, I search for a way to steal his power.

I will not bear false witness for this woman, but I will allow her secret. She bought this lesson with blood and shame. I would not waste it.

Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 2 2013, 05:59 PM) *
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Jan 1 2013, 02:37 PM) *

rollinglaugh.gif I love this guy!

Seconded; reading about LHM's exploits is always an absolute joy! biggrin.gif

Having not played any of Dragonborn, I'm also rather intrigued as to what happened there with Mikke and this ghost. Ah well, I'll get it when it comes for PC and can find out for myself then, so it's probably for the best that you were very vague.

When I clicked that link the house resounded to a shriek of "There is no hope! God is dead and the spiders have killed him!"

I mean seriously, look at that thing. Eeeew...

And now (finally!) for an update on the Kid!

You ever had one of them times when your life goes somewhere you never expected all of a sudden? One week where everything changes, and when you look back at things once the dust has settled and you realise that nothing is ever gonna be the same? Yeah, for the Kid, this was one of them weeks.

By the time he gets back to Jorrvaskr, there's anger in the air. Aela's grateful for the documents, but even though nobody says it aloud there's some of the Companions who can't help but thinking that it's their fault for taking on the Silver Hand in any case. Aela says she'll work on figuring out what she can make of the document, but what she doesn't say is that it might be a good idea for the Kid to steer clear of Jorrvaskr for a little while until all the hurt over losing Skjor simmers down a little. Then again, the Kid's a perceptive enough person to figure it out for himself.

A few days away from the Companions is alright by him, though; he's got some business of his own that he wants to sort out. A whole bunch of troubling rumours have been filtering into town from the towns south in the foothills of the Jerrall Mountains, some kind of trouble going down in Helgen. Once upon a time, the Kid wouldn't have cared much, but lately he's grown real fond of Whiterun so he takes it upon himself to go have a look.

Well, the journey ain't a long one, and while he's there, he finds himself some footprints. Real big, strange ones, like those of a big bird or lizard. That'd just be a curiosity, but he finds them in the burned down ruins of an entire village, one with a whole garrison of Imperial Legionnaires to protect it, and there are folks down in Riverwood who said that there was something real big flying around a few nights ago, something big enough to blot out the stars. The Kid's smart enough to put the pieces together, and decides that old man Balgruff in Whiterun needs warning; with nobody else to do it, he heads back home.

The Jarl has the sense to take the Kid's warnings seriously, and sends a whole bunch of soldiers to Riverwood immediately. Farengar, the Court Wizard, has a job for the Kid to do, as well; get to an old tomb called Bleak Falls Barrow and get something called the Dragonstone. The Kid gets to it; in there, he has himself a welcoming party from a whole bunch of bandits, spiders and Draugr. The Kid finds himself two odd things in there; another one of those funny old walls, this one with the word 'force' on it, and a strange old crystal. He takes the Crystal, and he gets a call from someone up high; Meridia, the grand old angry lady, telling him to get to her shrine and do something for her. The Kid decides he'll get to it when he has the time.

He gets the Dragonstone and lays all the draugr he finds to rest, and heads back. The Dragonstone's returned to Farengar, but his work isn't over yet. There's trouble out by the West Tower, and the worst kind, too; the kind that comes with a dragon.

It doesn't take long the Kid and Balgruff's Housecarl, a Dark Elf by the name of Irileth, to head down there with a few guards. There's a dragon about alright; the fight's a tough one, but it ends with the Kid smashing its skull in with his hammer. A real funny things at that point; the dragon decays down to the bone in an instant, and there's a whole load of rushing and strange light. After that, as he's making his way to Whiterun, he hears a call; "Dovahkiin."

He gives a report to the Jarl, and the guy's so overwhelmed with gratitude that he makes the Kid a thane and gives him a Housecarl of his very own, a young lady going by the name of Lydia. The Kid's not sure about travelling with somebody in the long term, but she looks like she can handle herself in a fight so he figures he'll let her prove herself. They don't stay in Whiterun too long, though; they get some supplies, and set off on their way for a pilgrimage up the Seven Thousand Steps.

The Kid's going to go and see the Greybeards.
Lady Saga
Yes, good to see The Kid is back. smile.gif back in action. The way you tell the story (that's the MQ, right?) makes it sound fresh for some reason. Like it's a different perspective than I've read before from other writers. It's hard to explain.

And Grits. Another morsel from your fingers. Your writing is almost poetic. It stirs me, man. I wanna put an emoticon up to show you how I feel, but they don't make one with that sort of depth. I have no idea what you're talking about, since I haven't been to Soltheim yet, but that's okay. It stirred me all the same.
Elisabeth Hollow
I'm having a Lord Haaf-Mersay withdrawal XD
Lady Saga
Aww honey it's okay. smile.gif So am I.

I spent several hours writing about my other characters (my Oblivion ones) and now I'm too pooped for Skyrim. But have a visit over at forums.bethsoft.com I wrote about Kahreem of Weet in the Oblivion > Spoilers > Character Updates #3, and then I wrote some Lady Saga in the Oblivion > General Discussion > Character Updates #8 thread!

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1425643-c...st__p__22042242

It's a double-header of character stories! biggrin.gif Hopefully I will be able to do soem LHM tomorrow. Right now I need some sleep. sleep.gif
Lady Saga
I am a little upset today, me and a friend have been fighting, to the point that I'm ready to give her stuff back to her and walk away. Long story.

As I fired up my game today, though, I got teary-eyed. LHM happens to be kinda near Markath. I am a strange person, for some reason I've always loved gloomy weather. I like gloomy weather more than I like sunny weather, matter of fact. So as the game starts today, I looked at this wide, gloomy, greyish-blue scene,

Anyways. I'm gonna immerse myself in some Skyrim to get that great compassion off my mind.

Loredas, 4:19 PM, 24th of Morning Star, 4E 202

Days Passed: 160

Locations Discovered: 83
Dungeons Cleared: 39

Hours Slept : 1,237
Hours Waited: 955

Gold Found: 70,262
Skill Increases: 326

DG Quests Completed: 3
Quests Completed: 14
Misc Objectives Completed: 63

Favorite Weapon: Steel Sword
Favorite Spell: Detect Life

The air is slightly rainy. Fog is in the distance. Lord Haaf-Mersey is stunned at the beauty of the mountain before him. There's also a waterfall to his left and a windmill on his right.

"By...the...Gods".

He walks slowly across a stone bridge, Marcurio in tow. Even though he is not near Markath yet, he can feel that the township is near. There's a fisherman's camp off to his right. As he approaches, Lord Haaf-Mersey looks up the hill, and thinks he sees a castle's turret in the distance. It all seems so grand.

He looks then to his right, and notices the "fisherman's camp" happens to have a very distinctive looking set of tents, laid haphazardly with a variety of furs.

"Look, Marcurio, is it they? The Khajiit?"

It is! The Khajiit travellers! Good. It's always good to do business with them. They often have a wide variety of things to sell, and since the Crusader from Cyrodiil hasn't been to Markath yet, and does not know the place at all, this means he won't have to spend any time searching for the general goods store.

Then again, does Markath have a general goods store? Haaf-Mersey assumes it does, but he assumed such about Dawnstar too, which turned out to be untrue.

"The roads of Skyrim lead to many dangers!" the cat-person who sits indian-style greets.

"What is new with thee, cat-person? I have cometh to trade mine wares".

"Take a look".

It doesn't take long for the Crusader to sell several jewelry items, as well as a couple of potions and a sword Marcurio was carrying. And he buys a potion of cure disease, some baked potatoes and a few other miscellaneous things in return. Although he disapproves of the sale of soul gems (the Khajiit sell soul gems, and lots of them), Haaf-Mersey bites his tongue. They have a right (by law) to sell these wretched items. There is nothing he can do about it. Any reprimands would be ignored, anyways.

"May your road leed yoo to waaarm sandsss".

"And many moons to fill thine twilight".

With that done, Lord Haaf-Mersey and Marcurio start their grand walk into Markath.

#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-

8:42 PM
The pair walk by the windmill, and Lord Haaf-Mersey is already distracted! He sees a building in the distance, and this building seems to be made of stone. It almost looks like the entracne of a lair, matter of fact.

There are two folks standing before the building. As the Lord approaches them, he see is dazzled by the ornate stone work and bronze door of this small building.

"How fares't thee, me-lord" he says to the man standing outside. There is a man and a woman present.

The man answers in an accent so thick, Haaf-Mersey cannot understand what has been said. Something about a "damn drunk", though.

"What? What sayeth thee?"

"What kinda question is that? Look at me! Is this a young man's face", the man with the thick accent says. He seems slightly enraged... "I've been here 50 years! Nothing's gonna move me off my land!"

"Well no. That was not as I seemed to have made of implication, me lord. My apologies. But 'tis okay. I need to see meself off, anyways. Towards to Markath. 'Tis nearby, eh?"

"Be seein' ya, stranger", the man answers, too drunk (or whatever) to deal with Haaf-Mersey's queries.

#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-

"Look at the stone work, Marcurio! 'Tis a thing of beauty".

This place certainly has its own architecture, he notices, different from the rest of Skyrim. It seems very ancient. Could the dwemer have once lived here? Could they have been the ones who carved all this? He will have to read up on the history of this place.

"Egads, Marcurio!" He is completely mesmerized by what he sees. Even though it is dark and the air still foggy, he can tell that this is an impressive town. It also has a horse & buggy which could be rented outside. So this place is certainly not another Dawnstar.

11:45 PM
It is dark and the air still foggy and drizzly. Despite this, Lord Haaf-Mersey studies the massive ediface of stone before him. There is a grand entrance, too; a door made out of so much bronze, it must weigh as much as Haaf-Mersey's entire manor house!

"This is Markath, traveller. Safest ci-tee in Skyrim", a guard greets as the pair walk up.

"I am Lord Haaf-Mersey, crusader from Cyrodiil, and I have cometh here with mine partner, Marcurio: the Destruction wizard of Riften. Might we beg upon ye to grant us entrance, in-to this grand city of Markath?"

Twice before (Whiterun and Riften) Haaf-Mersey had to pay a little "fee" before entrance. Would these guards require such a fee as well?

"First time in Makath, traveller?" asks the guard. "Take my advice: you see anything? donn get involled. The city guard will take care of it".

Now he's got the Crusader's attention. "See anything? Such as?..."

"See there you go, getting involled! Don't assk too many questions in Markath, keep to yerself...." the guard rambles on. Haaf-Mersey does not hear the man though, he is lost in thought. What could the trouble be? Were the guards not able to handle it?

The guard lets them in, though, without asking for a fee.

Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Jan 6 2013, 02:44 PM) *

I am a little upset today, me and a friend have been fighting, to the point that I'm ready to give her stuff back to her and walk away. Long story.

As I fired up my game today, though, I got teary-eyed. LHM happens to be kinda near Markath. I am a strange person, for some reason I've always loved gloomy weather. I like gloomy weather more than I like sunny weather, matter of fact. So as the game starts today, I looked at this wide, gloomy, greyish-blue scene,

I sorry :[ I hope things work out. Because of my sun-aversion(I can't call it an allergy because it doesn't make me break out in hives or die -eyeroll- just makes me physically ill) I like gloomy weather too.
Lady Saga
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 6 2013, 03:49 PM) *

I sorry :[ I hope things work out. Because of my sun-aversion(I can't call it an allergy because it doesn't make me break out in hives or die -eyeroll- just makes me physically ill) I like gloomy weather too.

Yeah! Very good! I am already in a better mood, btw.

Sundas, 12:02 AM, 25th of Morning Star

"We're outed, fall back!"

As Haaf-Mersey and Marcurio enter Markath, the square is active with a fight! It happens too quick! The crusader draws his exquisite-strength steel sword, but can do nothing as one of the guards cuts down what looks to be an ordinary townsperson.

"Was he a vampire?" Haaf-Mersey blurts.

Lord Haaf-Mersey casts a Candlelight 0, and starts to investigate the scene. "Evewybody stay back!" a guard runs up, brandishing a torch. "Mawkawth gaawd has it all undah contwolll!

Before the crusader can respond, a man sneaks up from behind, and speaks in a low tone. He sounds like an Imperial, by his accent. Kinda like Marcurio's accent.

"By the Gods.... a woman attacked right in the street!" he says. "Are you alright? Did you see what happened?"

"I have just made entrance into this fine city when all of this has occured", answers Haaf-Mersey.

"You don't have to say sorry to me," the man says back, subtly changing the subject. "Oh. I think you dropped this....some kind of note. Looks important".

"A note? Are'st thee to be of surety?"

"My note? No that's yours!" the man says. "Must have fallen out of your pocket", the Imperial suggests.

"Well, what has happened here? Answer me!"

"Hmmm?....no", the Imperial now becomes evasive, changing the subject again. Haaf-Mersey gets why, now. "I was just getting some fresh air. I had one too many pints of mead at the Silver Inn".

"Pleez, moove along", suggests a guard to those at the scene. "We haff things undah ahh contwoll".

Lord Haaf-Mersy starts to walk away, but can't resist a closer look at the dead man in the square. He is not a vampire.

"We'll handall things fwom heer. Moof along".

Haaf-Mersey does this. He finds the Silver Blood Inn, and makes his way inside.

Sundas, 12:42 AM
Because of all the commotion, he completely forgets it is Sundas. He must get some rest, if he is to seek the temple here while it is still Sundas.

"Come on in", the innkeeper says. "The Silver Blood Inn has plenty of drink, and plenty of strong rooms".

As Lord Lord Haaf-Mersey rents a room and buys something to eat, he eventually learns he is speaking to the very man he had been sent here to speak to: Kleppr.

"I have some-thing for thee", he says, giving Kleppr the note the Riften fisherman had wanted delivered. "I have travelled by far to approach ye with this".

"Ah Bolli! Finally he got someone out here. Well it's about time ... I've been waiting for weeks! Well, thank you for bringing it I suppose. Have a good day".

"I have travelled by far to bring ye such", Haaf-Mersey reminds Kleppr.

"What? oh! Oh how could I have possibly forgotten your reward. Of course! Here you are! So sorry about that!"

Lol after all that I have no idea what the man just gave LHM! hehe.gif Guess I'll have to go on UESP to find out.

4:44 Am
The Lord is about to get to bed (a very grand bedroom made of stone and accentuated with more bronze!) when he remembers the note the man gave to him. He reads it, and finds he is to meet the man by the Shrine of Talos.

"Shrine of Talos, eh? Marcurio, stay here to guard. I shall be of returning within a few".

"I'll be right here, then".

5:14 Am
Haaf-Mersy walks along, casting his Clairvoyance spell occasionally. ooooooooooooooooo. He's never been here, after all, and this city happens to be a confusing one. He approaches his first set of stairs, one of multiple such staircases in Markath.

"Someone was attacked in the square, do you know who it was?" asks a man now below the crusader.

"Yah, I knew her. She was a Nord, but a Noble. Perfect Forsworn target".

"Forsworn?" says Haaf-Mersey to the nearest wall. "The peoples of Markath still reside in present activities against those fearsome savages?"

But why was the man in the square killed by a guard? He did not look like a Forsworn bandit. He certainly did not wear antlers and deer fur!

Haaf-Mersey casts his spell again, and finds that the temple is just behind him. He would have never found the place without his magic. Inside is one of the grandest schemes he has ever seen, even comparing against Cyrodiil. He walks slowly down a set of stairs, and sees a statue of Talos straight ahead. As he walks towards Talos in awe, he does not see the man who gave him the note, standing nearby.

"I'm sorry to drag you into Markath problems".

"Oh, 'tis no trouble at-tall. How might I be of assistance, lad?"

"You're an outsider!" the man answers. "You're dangerous looking! You'll do!"

"I shalt do? What sayeth thee, stranger? Speak thine mind"

"You want answers? So do I. So does everyone in the city. A man goes crazy into the market, the guards cut him down. Everybody knows he's a Forsworn agent".

"Ahh, now it 'tis making of some sense", Haaf-Mersy realizes. "He was of the Forsworn, 'tis the concern of the peoples." This could be an assumption, of course. "And what shalt ye want of me, so far as these concerns?"

"This has been going on for years and all I have been able to find is blood...." the man rambles on. Lord Haaf-Mersey learns he is to investigate how (If?) the Forsworn are involved.

Although the man does not offer any other answers, Haaf-Mersy has already found his first lead: a key in the pocket of the dead woman. He will try to find what this key unlocks. Perhaps the answer lies within.

"Take care".

King Coin
Aravi and Kharjo exited Riften’s western gates. The sun was already setting and Aravi did not like traveling at night, especially now that vampire attacks have become more common. However, she was eager to make progress. The Dawnguard learned of a large group of vampires near Solitude, and Aravi was going to kill every last one of them. They would rest at the inn in Ivarstead, and in the morning they would continue through the ruins of Helgen before another rest at Aravi’s home. Then, they would take the road to Rorikstead and from there make west and north.

“Come! See what goods I have to offer!” she heard a familiar voice call. Aravi looked at Kharjo. The voice belonged to Ahkari, the leader of the Khajiit caravan he guarded before he met her. Kharjo hid it well, but she could see he wanted to stop and see his old friends. We’ll just have to set out in the morning. Aravi regretted the lost time, but she couldn’t help but smile. It was nice to see other Khajiit in a land where they were a rare sight. Their camp was made near the road within sight of Riften’s gate.

“We’ll stay here a while I think,” Aravi said to Kharjo as they approached the Khajiit’s campsite. They had a warm fire burning with logs arranged around it for comfortable seating. Fresh fish hung over the fire, their scent telling everyone that they would soon be done. Kharjo lengthened his stride and pulled well ahead of Aravi. Aravi watched as he gave everyone crushing bear hugs. When Aravi got there, he was already talking animatedly with the other Khajiit, switching back and forth from human tongue to Khajiiti and even mixing the two in the same sentence. Aravi wished that she knew Ta'agra, but she never had the chance to learn it when she was young.

Aravi’s arrival went unnoticed except by Ahkari who remained by the road despite Kharjo’s visit, should a customer appear. Aravi felt a little uneasy around her, even though the other woman displayed no ill will to her. Kharjo’s departure surely made the roads more dangerous for her and her caravan.

“Come to buy or sell?” Ahkari asked.

“Kharjo would like to stay at your camp for the night if that is fine with you. I have a few items that may be of interest,” Aravi replied.

“Of course you are both welcome to share our fire tonight. Now, what do you have for this one?”

~~~

The Khajiit sat around the fire. Magnus had set a few hours ago and the stars and moons were bright in the night sky, interrupted by only a few thin streaks of clouds. Even in the Rift, the nights got cool, and Aravi sat close to Kharjo for his warmth. She had a rough blanket draped over her shoulders and she sipped on a mug of hot mead. The Khajiit served it sweet and strong; Aravi drank hers slowly so that it would not get her drunk. She was small and it did not take much for her to become shaky. Aravi listened as the Khajiit talked of trade, war, dragon sightings near the roads, and most of all, home. They were all from Elsweyr, except Aravi. She listened with interest to those parts of the talk; she had never been there herself. She leaned against Kharjo started to doze as the night matured.

She awoke all of a sudden. She looked around, the night revealing its secrets to her Khajiit eyes. Nothing seemed out of place. Kharjo and one other Khajiit stared into the fire, clearly weary and near sleep themselves. She could see lumps in some of the bedrolls where the other Khajiit now rested.

She stood up and walked away from the fire, ears straining and eyes searching. Something woke her up, and she was not ready to give up on the source just yet. Riften’s gate and stable was within easy sight. The stable hand was just leaving for the night; Aravi briefly wondered why he was still there. She had helped the man get out of debt with a member of the Thieves’ Guild.

Three hooded travelers were on the road, walking calmly toward the city gate. Something about them made her skin crawl. Her ears went back and returned to the fire where she left her sword belt. With her swords at her side, she watched the trio as they approached the gate. The guards did not like their look either and blocked entrance to the city. Aravi started running.

~~~

Blood dripped from Aravi’s swords. The three were vampires and they killed the guards in front of the gate. Then they raised the corpses to fight for them. What followed had been one of the most confusing fights Aravi had been in. Even with her night vision it was hard to tell if she should strike or stay her blades.

“Aravi! Come quickly!” It was Kharjo, just outside the city gates. Aravi saw a Khajiit on the ground with Kharjo kneeling over the prostrate form. She ran to them and saw it was Zaynabi. She was breathing weakly and held her abdomen with both of her hands. “She’s bleeding to death, she took an axe,” Kharjo explained calmly. “Dro'marash went for potions.”

“Move her hands; I need to be able to touch the injury,” Aravi said. I hope I can keep her alive. Kharjo gently moved the woman’s hands despite the weak protests, shushing her quietly like one would a small child. Aravi tore Zaynabi’s dress open and laid both her hands on the gaping laceration. The axe had bit deeply into her belly and Aravi could see the poor Khajiit’s guts within. She felt hot, sticky blood flowing past her fingers as she started pouring what healing magic she knew into the Khajiit’s body. She felt the flow ebb, and then lessen to a trickle before Aravi’s magic was spent. Then she pressed with her own hands to keep Zaynabi from losing more blood before Dro'marash returned. Zaynabi’s bloody hands joined Aravi’s on the injury. Aravi didn’t try to move hers. Kharjo stroked her hair and spoke reassurances. Aravi felt she should say something as well, but didn’t know what. She put a smile on her face for the other woman though, and they stayed with her.

Dro'marash came to them after a few minutes with several powerful potions and they gave her one to drink immediately. Aravi all but closed the wound with her magic, but she had no idea what kind of internal damage there was. “Have her drink another, I can handle the outside.” Aravi felt her magic returning and she used her spell again, closing the injury.

Zaynabi started to breathe normally. “I-I think I can walk,” she said in her raspy voice. “I’m cold.”

“That was close,” Dro'marash said. “Khajiit thanks you for your healing magic. It surely saved Zaynabi’s life.”

“This one thanks you for her life,” Zaynabi said as she covered herself. Aravi cast more healing magic on her in reply.

“To help your blood,” Aravi said in explanation. “I’m sure you feel light headed and weak.” Aravi cast it over her entire body now that she did not need to focus it on a specific injury. Kharjo and Dro’marash helped Zaynabi to her feet.

They returned to their camp after Aravi checked the bodies. The stable hand was dead, along with the two guards she saw them kill. The rest of the bodies belonged to the vampires. I need to learn more healing magic. That was too close, Aravi thought. Aravi cared much for the caravans and it shook her to see one of the Khajiit dying before her.

At camp, Dro'marash took watch to allow the others to sleep.
Lady Saga
Whoa, Mr. Coin, I didn't expect this! Cool, now I have something else to read!
Elisabeth Hollow
You're killing me, Lady Saga, with the impression of the guard's accents!!! I couldn't stop laughing!
Lady Saga
The one guard-actor that sounds like Arnold (Ahhnold) showed up, too, so it was hilarious hearing him speak. smile.gif Ijust couldn't resist.

Things got hectic in LHM's game. It would take ages to write it all in story form, so I will give a quick synopsis. Synopsis, is that the right word? *shrugs*

LHM and Marcurio entered Markath. Witnessed a couple ordinary-looking towsfolk getting killed. Somebody gave a note to LHM and it said to meet him in the Shrine of Talos. This made LHM happy, of course, to learn there's a shrine to Talos here. smile.gif

LHM rented a room, put some things away, and left Marc. standing guard. Then LHM went outside, to investigate further He expected they would be vampires, turns out they weren't. LHM found a key on the lady (Marget I think her name is) and then went to meet the dude at the Shrine of Talos.

He used Clairvoyance for the rest of this, which I feel is a little cheaty, but he really just wanted to get to the bottom of things, without having to explore this confusing town. I had planned to enjoy my time exploring Markath at a slower pace, but LHM wanted to rush it. *shrugs*

The dude in the Talos Shrine told LHM a bunch of words, and I couldn't figure out what the hell LHM was supposed to do first, but LHM cast his Clairvoyance again....anyways, now it starts to get interesting.

He went back and investigated Marget's room, found a journal. Then he decided to get some sleep. Woke up the next morning, crafted himself some leather armor & boots because that's what he does sometimes if he's in a town.

He eventually went down into some sort of beggar's den, where all the lame and sick live. Found a note in the guy's room. When he left the beggar's den place, a man challenged LHM to a fistfight! Because he was snooping around so much! LHM fought the guy for like 5 minutes (seriously). He would punch with his right hand, and heal himself with his left. I was SOOOO glad we had left Marcurio behind...this would have turned out to be a mess if the man was with us.

LHM beat the man up, and got him to tell who sent him to LHM for a fight. LHM used Clairvoyance again, and wound up in a Forsworn hideout place. Talked to the big nose guy (or whatever) who told LHM willl NOT be allowed to leave. Uh oh....

LHM happened to be carrying a glass dagger (phew!), and (again) he healed himself as he fought. He ran outside, and FOUR of them came after my crusader! He was running all over the city man!!! It was hilarious. He killed all four of them.

And the thing is, every so often while all of this is going on, LHM will get a guard in his face (or a townie NPC) and this NPC or guard will tell him to "stop snooping around" in so many words "or else".

LHM did not listen to them. He would save the city! He was uncovering a vast underground network of Forsworn, and aren't the Forsworn enemies of Markath? In his mind, he's doing something good. The guards will understand once LHM figures it out!

He used clairvoyance again, and was on his way to wherever his next destination would be, when he decided to take a little detour. He noticed he was standing in front of the Talos Shrine door again. Why not stop in and say hi? BAD idea.

There were like 3 guards in there, and they confronted LHM with jail time. ohmy.gif Jail, or fight. Those were his options. No option to pay a fine. Wow. He got a bit THICK-HEADED and decided to try to be noble. There is no way he's going to jail, not if he's in the middle of an important investigation.

so now guess where he is? He's like running outside, back near the windmill! With a guard-archer chasing him! OMG, I didn't see this compassion coming!
King Coin
Haha I had a character take the same route LHM did. That was a mess.
Lady Saga
Tirdas, 7:27 PM, 27th of Morning Star

"Stop right there!"

Lourd Haaf-Mersey has been standing behind a rock for the last 10 minutes or so, and the bounty hunter who had been after him had not given up his hunt. Over the past few hours Haaf-Mersey had also been evading a guard with a long bow. He finally managed to get away from the guard when this guy, the bounty hunter, showed up.

"What sayeth thee? I have done no wrongs, and have only tried to save the peoples of Markath from the possibilities of disaster".

"You haff quite a bounty on your head in the Reach" the bounty hunter says calmly. A minute ago he was enraged, now he is calm, "....you pay me, and I will see that your head is cleared".

Lord Haaf-Mersy is tempted to pay the man some gold. Whatever it takes! As long as he gets back to Markath. He will try to continue his investigation once he is there, only perhaps he should be more discreeet about it.

The prolem ? Lord Haaf-Mersy hasn't got any gold on him. He left it all behind in Marcurio's room.

"I have not the coin to make amends, sir".

8:09 PM
That was not the right answer. The bounty hunter DRAWS his sword grandly, and comes after the fugitive! Lord Haaf-Mersey now goes running! He is in his leather armor, while the bounty hunter wears full steel. With lots of stamina at his potential, the Lord quickly outruns the man, and winds up on the road back to Whiterun.

"'Twas not of expectation, all of that". Lord Haaf-Mersey muses. Then he looks to the sky, and notices it's a deep blue and purple up ahead. The lights of Kynareth! For Kynareth rules the sky and the air. "I pray to thee, Kynareth. That perhaps thine winds shalt provide me answer to choices on the morrow".

He is not sure what to do. Hopefully Marcurio would just stay in the Silver Blood. Did people know he and the wizard are together? Yes. Yes they did. It was the first things the Lord did as he approached the entrance-way guards. He introduced himself and Marcurio.

"I shalt wait for thine answer".

#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=

9:24 PM
The crusader from Cyrodiil is now a hunted man. Literally. He casts Detect Life every so often, but the bounty hunter does not follow him this far. He can still see the windmill in the distance, though.

Eventually he finds a place to be, a place to just wait out the night. He can stay out here all night if he needs to; he has food. He will clear all of this up (somehow) tomorrow. The guards and court just needed time to 'catch up' to him. Perhaps they would figure out what they had done in the wrong.

PISSSEWWW!

"ARRGH!" A lightning bolt? He does not expect this!

He casts Detect Life again, and sees four red figures below! 00 0 0

"You are my dog, I am your master!!!!" says a female below him.

"I'll see you burn!" it's an elf male.

Lord Haaf-Mersy crouches down, hiding like a rat. He had run up a hill as the attackers threw spells his way, none of which hit him. He managed to find a ledge he can hide behind. He is a noble man, but he knows when he is outnumbered.

"You can't hide from me!" says mean-sounding woman.

"Must have scared him off", an elf says a moment later.

A few moments later Lord Haaf-Mersey sees them walking off down the road towards Markath. He had expected his stay here would be a pleasant one! Since the lights of Kynareth shine far above, the Lord is able to see who the attackers are: a group of Thalmor agents.

"By the strength of the Nine, I pray to all of ye".

4:14 Am
After hours of prayer and contemplation, Lord Haaf-Mersy is finally feeling tired, and is starting to get cold. His partially-Nordic blood had kept him from suffering from exposure, but he is mostly Breton. And he is getting cold. He decides to walk back to the farm. See if he can grab something from the garden. And maybe he can work for them in the morning.

He is cautious as he walks, casting Detect Life every so often. Eventually he sees a figure in red! ][. Haaf-Mersey feels incredibly cowardly doing this, but he crouches down in the scrub grass, anyways. He creeps forward, thinking it's the bounty hunter

"Oh! 'Tis just a goat!"

The 4-legged animal trots right by the Lord as he hides. And the crusader continues towards Markath. He finds a rock warbler egg in a nest, and eats it raw.

7:14 Am

"Hollt! Yooor undah arrest foh suspicion of theevery und pettee lahceny. What say yoo in yooor defence?"

A guard has spied Lord Haaf-Meresy as he gallantly returns into Markath. The morning is sunny, and the valley warms up within minutes.

"Listen to me, guard. I am Lord Haaf-Mersey, Cruader from Cyrodiil. I beg of thee to let me pass. I have shineth light upon the darknesses of thine city. And with the waves of evil un-tarnished, thine city might better reconcile upon thine devices".

"Yoo arhn't foooling me!" the guard answers. "...trusting witnesses haff seen yoo commit sevewal muhdahs. And yoo ahh snooping awound. Now come quietly".

With nowhere else to go, Lord Haaf-Mersey submits.

"I shalt take upon thine chance ... for redemption", he says.

"Yo'll nevah see da sun again!" the guard promises. "Nobody escapes the mine. No-one!"

Alright this is a first. I have never had a character go to jail in Skyrim

Middas, 7:29 AM
"Alright prisoner you're in Cindha Mine, now...." an orc lady greets in a gruff voice. Lord Haaf-Mersey is now in some sort of tunnel.

This is gonna sound weird, but I am actually psyched to go to jail!

He is tempted to light the room he walks into with a candlelight, but resists the urge. He must stay humble, and not make waves. But it is really dark in here. He walks down a set of stairs, and sees an orc standing nearby with a pickaxe.

"The new meat, huh? What was it like, killing your first one?"

It takes a moment for the Lord to understand what the orc is talking about. Then realizes the orc is talking about the Forsworn killings. He says "I have been mis-treated, orc. Those above are not of understanding upon what has made of commenment".

"Ahh the gods have a place for killers!" the orc comments. "You can't carry the burden of a murderer ... you're weak".

"I am Lord Haaf-Mersey. I am from Cyrodiil" stay humbled, he thinks as he speaks. "And thee? What has made of evolution in thine past, to bring ye here?"

"Murder. Banditry! Assault. Theft. ...and lollygagging".

"Take ear, orc. I shalt be made to rights, by the power of the Nine. " Haaf-Mersey brags now, without meaning to. "'Twas long ago, when I was upon mine death-bed. Ready for execution, as it were, when the Gods made answer, and recuperation, as well. I was saved by a dragon, such a beast of yor. 'Twas quite possible it was for the best of reasonings."

"Guards brought me in about 12 years ago" the orc now shares his sotry. "Was running a good group of bandits back then. ...But these Forsworn, they are nothing like the bandits of the past. They're real killers"!

"Yes, and 'twas mine intention to make amends! And do right by the city of Markath!"

"Fight well", the orc has apparently had enough of the Lord's loquaciousness. Eventually the Lord learns from this orc that he is to start digging to earn his keep, and he finds a pickaxe nearby. A nearby man sitting before a fire claims to be a Forsworn bandit, and gives the crusader a "shiv" (which did not appear in his inventory).

It took me several minutes to figure out what the hell to do. Kept trying to activate different areas, finally LHM found one to start working at. I got a snack while he did so!
SubRosa
This is no ordinary jail. Cidnha Mine is a quest. I don't want to spoil anything so wont say more. Just do not expect the other jails to be the same.
Lady Saga
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 7 2013, 07:27 PM) *

This is no ordinary jail. Cidnha Mine is a quest. I don't want to spoil anything so wont say more. Just do not expect the other jails to be the same.

ha ha I know! I keep hearing the little drum snaps every time LHM does something to advance the quest!

Edit: this is really bizarre. He's been digging up ore, but it's hard to find, it's like he's dug it all up already! I have no idea what I'm supposed to do, otherwise, so I keep waiting and seeing if more ore shows up. And talking to NPCs. One of them wanted LHM to steal some skooma, but he's not gonna do that.

This feels alien to what I know of Elder Scrolls, and I'm not gonna cheat and look on the quest log. Is this kinda like something out of Morrowind? It's really vague!
Grits
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Jan 2 2013, 05:44 PM) *
The Kid's going to go and see the Greybeards.

DovahKid!! biggrin.gif

Renee, I know exactly what LHM is facing. I am very interested to see how he resolves his situation. I'll give vague hints if you want, since the wiki is a minefield of spoilers.

KC, what a fantastic surprise to find an Aravi update!! I love the image of petite Aravi sipping strong drink no doubt sweetened with enough moon sugar to take her off her feet. happy.gif What a confusing fight that must have been.

Mikke of Green River has to wait to continue her Solstheim adventures, but in the meantime she got a letter from home. It’s based mostly on Roggi’s and some Whiterun residents’ game dialog.

19 of Second Seed, 4E202
Whiterun

Mikke, My Wife,

You were right to move us here. Whiterun has clean water and fine weather, strong walls and good company. I would say that our local meadery crafts the finest brew in Skyrim, but first I would wish to visit Riften to sample Black-Briar’s wares again. Just to be certain. I am glad that I tried my hand at brewing, but I am even happier that I decided to focus my efforts on appreciating the fine work of the masters.

The children thrive. Sofie spends much time underfoot at Jorrvaskr. Vignar tells me that she is welcome there and no trouble. I expect that the Companions define trouble rather differently than I do, but she is welcome just the same. She practices tirelessly with the dagger that you made for her. If a dragon comes you will find her on the roof of Breezehome raising her blade in challenge. Some days I am certain that you and she will next meet in Sovngarde. I know that it would please you, but that is no comfort to me. She grows in pride but also in honor. Some day she will be worthy of bearing your shield, I know it.

Alesan has taken an interest in our trading business. Even at play he keeps one eye on the city gate and another over the wall for travelers and adventurers. Most stop at Warmaiden’s first, at least when the Khajiit caravan is elsewhere. The lad has a reputation among our fellow merchants for fair dealing. It helps that he is careful to only take business away from that Breton. Soon I expect Sigurd to be under our employ. You will recall Sigurd. He works for Belethor at the general goods store.

The war drags on. Fighting has been fierce along the river. Both Whiterun forges burn night and day, one for the Stormcloaks and the other in support of the Legion. A priest of Talos preaches openly in the park while they say the tunnels beneath Dragonsreach fill with Imperial gold. It is a strange time to consider, but a good one for songs.

So you see my days are full, and I rest as well as any man who is pleased with his occupation. But here I will use what you might judge to be too many words. The nights are empty, Mikke. You are my heart’s fire. But I know you are not mine alone. Every tavern rings with songs of the Dragonborn. Songs of you. Do what you must, and know that I am living a good life with our children. Always in the hope of seeing you again.

From Your Husband,

Roggi Knot-Beard
King Coin
I'm guessing much guilt from Mikke followed the arrival of this letter.
Elisabeth Hollow
I took Onmund into a dwemer ruin last night and he is actually NOT useless like I thought he'd be. I've never taken a mage as a follower but one hit from his lightening bolt and KSSHHH they're dead. The Centurions only need like a couple of smacks from me and a few good bots from him and they're dead. Color me impressed!
King Coin
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 9 2013, 02:35 PM) *

I took Onmund into a dwemer ruin last night and he is actually NOT useless like I thought he'd be. I've never taken a mage as a follower but one hit from his lightening bolt and KSSHHH they're dead. The Centurions only need like a couple of smacks from me and a few good bots from him and they're dead. Color me impressed!

I remember thinking the same thing about mage followers, and then Kharjo started using staves that he was given for safe keeping. Holy crap he kills everything when he has a pair of staves! blink.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(King Coin @ Jan 9 2013, 03:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 9 2013, 02:35 PM) *

I remember thinking the same thing about mage followers, and then Kharjo started using staves that he was given for safe keeping. Holy crap he kills everything when he has a pair of staves! blink.gif

Onmund even sneaks, and won't go in unless I attack first. I was like... "MARRY ME!" And then I realized that I did...in the game, lol
SubRosa
Poor Roggi, left to be a stay-at-home dad while Mikke runs around Skyrim having all the fun (and apparently every other man). sad.gif

A wonderful reunion between Kharjo and his old buds in the caravan. Old friends, a warm fire, and fresh fish, what more could a cat wish for? I loved your inclusion of Ta'agra. That is going deep into some world-building. Here I thought the Tardis just translated everyone's languages for each other... wink.gif

Three hooded travelers were on the road, walking calmly toward the city gate. Something about them made her skin crawl. Uh oh, vampires. Aravi's spider-sense is serving her well. That was a close call for Khajiit. But they were lucky compared to the smoothskins. sad.gif
Lady Saga
QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 9 2013, 11:11 AM) *

Mikke of Green River has to wait to continue her Solstheim adventures, but in the meantime she got a letter from home. It’s based mostly on Roggi’s and some Whiterun residents’ game dialog.

Very cool I enjoyed reading this letter.
Lady Saga
Morndas, 2:39 Am, 2nd of Sun's Dawn, 4th Era 202

Lord Haaf-Mersery is still deep in Cindha Mine, and has found some sort of disagreement exists between a man named Grisvar the Unlucky and Madanach. The Lord had been sent here to kill Grisvar. If this were done, Madanach has promised to help the crusader get out of Cindha Mine...

...and after what must be several days below-ground, the Lord is getting desperate. He assumes he's been here for several days, but how did he really know this? He thought the guard who caught him was just showing a moment of sarcasm when he told the Lord he would "nevah see da son again!"

What had been going on outside during his absence? Was Lakeview still standing, Lucia keeping the place safe with her pet rabbit?....Were vampires on the rise again? .... Was Marcurio still here in Markath? The Lord knows Marcurio so well. Marcurio gets bored "very easily" if he has nothing to do. So is he still here? Or had he wandered off to Riften?

Lord Haaf-Mersey is least worried about the gear he left up in Silver Blood Inn. His weapon, his armor, his potions...these are meaningless to him*. All of this stuff could be replaced. But not Lucia. Not his home. He needs to get out of here, Skyrim needs him.

*(but not to me! I hope his stuff is there!)

But now, he stands before this "Grisvar the Unlucky". He is supposed to kill the man, but wants to see if things can be worked out another way.

"Please, don't kill me! Madanach does not know what he is talking about!"

"'Twas not of mine intentions. Mine intentions wer'st to bring a light towards the greater of causes. That such a light might shine upon the injustices ye have all suffered within these earthen walls".

"WHAT?" Grisvar screamed. "Never should have come here!"

Why do'st he not make understanding of mine words? Haaf-Mersey thinks for just a second as Grisvar starts to stir. 'tis mine manner of speaking, perchance? He had been raised to "speaketh in proper tones" by his family, who taught him early that most Cyrodiilites (not to mention those living in Skyrim) spoke with a lower-class demeanor. Perhaps this is why so many people mis-understand him when he speaks.

Before he knew it, Grisvar was rising, and taking a small weapon Lord Haaf-Mersey has never seen before ("shiv" is what they call these) out of his pocket!

"But no!! I did not make such a meaning!....."

Before the crusader can react, the nearest miner now SHOCKS Grisvar with a bolt! Lord Haaf-Mersey initially thinks the magic-using miner was meaning to aim for him, not Grisvar, but this turns out not to be. Within seconds, he hears the other miners, two of whom rush into the chamber! and start pounding on poor Grisvar with their pickaxes!

"No! 'Tis not the way! I could'th made such handle upon tha's situation mine-self!"

Lord Haaf-Mersey pouts as the other miners calmly walk away! He doesn't exactly know what is going on, what the situation with these miners (all of whom happen to be Forsworn) happens to be. He says a prayer to Arkay, and wanders glumly over back to Madanach.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

4:39 pm

"Prison's not so bad" says the lazy orc who never digs "....less complaints when I kill people".

The Lord ignores him, and tries his magic once again. He has been using magic more and more down here in the mine: bringing light to the other miners as they worked, and occasionally healing them, too. He has earned their respect, and has a new respect for them, as well. These "Forsworn". If he gets to the outside, never shall he slay one of these again, not unprovoked, anyways.

"You remember the sun? Because you'll forget .... soon".

"'Twas not of necessity, to arrange that man towards fixation, and sendeth him into his grave. Such could have been made of avoidance, Madanach of leisure", he looks down. The man is writing. He's always writing, Lord Haaf-Mersey notices.

"You're back. Have you done what I asked?"

"No, but thine acquaintances have accomplished such".

"You've finally become one of us", Madanach says. "Come with me. I think it's finally time I announced my plan to you...and your brothers".

As Madanach runs off, Lord Haaf-Mersey definitely disagrees with this. He does not want to be affiliated with these men, he does not want to become a Forsworn. On the other hand, he needs to get out of here, for the greater good of Skyrim. It feels as if this just might happen, too.

"I have not made of such bloodshed, and so be it mine fate where such might lie".

Haaf-Mersy says to his Gods and Godesses, hoping they will see that he had nothing to do with Grisvar the Unlucky's death. And if they don't hear him, his mentor Dyan phor a'Cauz certainly would do so. She had appeared in his dream, he remembers. She told him she had been watching over him for some time. He almost feels her presence.

4:47 AM

"What's going on Madanach, you wouldn't plan on having Grisvar killed unless you were needing him", says a voice in the other room.

"My brothers we have been her long enough", Madanach announces to those now gathered before him. "It's time to leave this mine, and take a stance against the Nords! Beyond that gate is a tunnel, it thru the old Dwarven ruins of Markath, into the city. But what do you say my brothers?"

"THROUGH THE GATE!" they shout in unison.

"I say you've earned an early pardon! Let's go." Madanach calls to the Lord.

Lord Haaf-Mersey is not about to argue or disagree with the man.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Morndas, 7:59 Am
Finally on the outside! Lord Haaf-Mersey's fabled compatriots make a challenge to Sir Silver Blood. Arms are drawn, and a grand fight ensues.

"If they have made thought towards mine desires to joineth them, those Forsworn are on the cusp of deep errors".

He calmly walks through the town of Markath while they fight. He is wearing the leather armor and boots he had crafted days ago. Madanach had given the Lord a full Forsworn set of armor, as a sort of "thanks", but these items were left behind on the floor once the man eagerly left the ruins.

The ruins! He has never seen ruins like these before, built long ago by dwarven people who are now extinct. And just before leaving the place, he had been attacked by some sort of golden metal creature he had never seen before! Brandishing just a pickaxe and a couple of shivs at the time, Lord Haaf-Mersey chose not to fight this being! ...Whatever it was..

The Forsworn apparently win the fight, and truely win their freedom. As Haaf-Mersey walks, he counts mostly dead guards, and only one of the former prisoners (the orc) has fallen.

8:34 am

"Marcurio, are ye present?!"

Lord Haaf-Mersey opens the giant golden door to the room in which he last saw his companion. Never has the Lord wanted to hear the man's annoyances so much. But Marcuio is not here.

"Well. 'Tis to be expected. Perhaps he has found himself of boredome, then, and made travels of arrangement back to Riften. Or as I might hope, Falkreath. And Lakeview Manor of more specificity".

That would be pretty hamster cave cool if Marcurio went back to Lakeview to keep Lucia company! I wonder if he did this.

The good news is, all of the Lord's things are still here. He has a much-desired bottle of alto wine while he eats his first real meal in days.

IPB Image LHM Full pic
Elisabeth Hollow
I opted Kayla to kill Madanoch and sneak out lol. I didn't have time for his Forsworn shenanigans.
SubRosa
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 13 2013, 03:41 PM) *

I opted Kayla to kill Madanoch and sneak out lol. I didn't have time for his Forsworn shenanigans.

I tried it with Madanach at first, but double crossed him at the end and helped the town guard kill him and all the other Forsworn. But even after doing that, all the townspeople act like you are in the Forsworn, which I did not like. So I went back and just killed Maddie and all the other Forsworn before escaping.
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 13 2013, 02:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 13 2013, 03:41 PM) *

I tried it with Madanach at first, but double crossed him at the end and helped the town guard kill him and all the other Forsworn. But even after doing that, all the townspeople act like you are in the Forsworn, which I did not like. So I went back and just killed Maddie and all the other Forsworn before escaping.

You know what really sucks about helping the Forsworn? They still attack you, except in ONE lair, which is the one Madanoch is stationed at.
Lady Saga
Oh gawd. So you mean I have "Are you with the Forsworn? I heard people saying you escaped the prison with them!" over and over? Oy vey. I find that language very immersive right now, but it would suck if months from now that's all they're still talking about.
Elisabeth Hollow
I think once you start doing other things, that gets lost.
Lady Saga
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 13 2013, 08:37 PM) *

I think once you start doing other things, that gets lost.

Good. That would bug me after awhile.

Grits
Denelle is my only character who has done the Cidhna Mine quest. She was helpless in there without her poisons and bow. Denelle was a sweet and clueless kid in way over her head. After some mining she decided that she wanted to live, and so she did some wrong things to get out. Even though she ran like hell to avoid the fight afterward (Erik found her right away and a Nord and a Breton together would have had to kill everyone in that situation), she still feels guilty about being asked if she is Forsworn. Since she is a Breton living in Markarth it doesn’t seem odd to me that the local Nords ask her that, but I would be annoyed if another race kept getting that question.
Lady Saga
Ahh! Interesting that Denelle would feel guilt. LHM feels no guilt. He is rather self-righteous, matter of fact. laugh.gif I can see anohter character of mine feeling the same way as yours, though.

So I don't feel like writing it all up in story form, but LHM just met Sorine Jurard in the middle of nowhere. He is supposed to recruit her back to Fort Dawnguard, but she wanted him to find her dwarven gyros first. laugh.gif We did this.

LHM is smitten with the lady. A female adventurer! He is in love! wub.gif We can't get her to become a follower (not right now) which is pissing me off kinda, but he is currently following her instead. Silly crusader.
Elisabeth Hollow
A lovestruck LHM? Oh my! -waggles eyebrows-
Lady Saga
Yeah, and it was also funny that the devs stuck that lady out in the middle of nowhere. She started to walk away from LHM, told him she'd meet him back at Dawnguard, but then walked into a river that was too deep for her to ford! laugh.gif She stood there, trying to swim, but coudln't get anywhere! I waited an hour just to RP it that she moved along! laugh.gif

Another thing which happened: LHM found a Forsworn bandit also in the middle of nowhere. She was actually friendly to him, perhaps because she was by herself, rather than surrounded by a bunch of macho companions. Anyways, I was looking at her armor and bare skin through LHM's eyes, and realized he wanted a little ... companionship. blink.gif

I don't know what happened, but I think he finally got some luvin'! laugh.gif But it was not to be. The next morning, he felt a strange sort of guilt, and the Forsworn lady is perfectly happy to live by the river by herself. So no love prospects yet for my crusader.

sad.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
D'awww, poor LHM sad.gif
Lady Saga
Sundas, 8:01 Am, 8th of Sun's Dawn, 4E 202

Lord Haaf-Mersey

Level: 29
Race: Breton

Days Passed: 175

Dawnbreak is the best time of the day, Lord Haaf-Mersey realizes. He loves mornings, especially sunny ones. As he walks slowly towards Rorikstead, the sun breaks through the clouds, and blinds his vision. He lets the moment happen, even as his retinas start to feel singed!

Butterflies are flitting about far away in the fields. Children in the road. Skyrim at its most beautiful.

He had been making his way slowly through Forsworn territory these last few days. In his journal, he found out that he was near a place where one of his 'jobs' would be: Red Eagle Redoubt. * With this taken care of, the Lord started walking towards Rorikstead in the middle of the night, and arrives on the outskirts of the hamlet just as morning starts.

*LHM found the Red Sword being carried by an ordinary Forsworn Pillager, not a boss character. That was weird. LHM used the Red Sword just once: to attack the draugr deathlord who is the ruler of Red Eagle (I forget his name). After killing the deathlord LHM put Red Eagle back inside the stone, and left it behind, even though I was tempted to keep it! .

"Whehh ahh theez vampiahhs coming frahm?" says one of the road guards, "We need to wahpe theez theengs owt befahh things get wurse!"

"'I am of agreement, sir".

Lord Haaf-Mersey makes his way inside the Frostfruit Inn.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

9:50 AM
It is Sundas, and Rorikstead hasn't even got an altar to worship at, not that the crusader has found. But it does not matter, he is too tired prayer right now, anyways. He hadn't expected that he would have been branded as a criminal in Markarth! Never in his wildest dreams! The mines, the running from guards, his adventures into the Forsworn, it has all worn Lord Haaf-Mersey out.

"It just feels right somehow, this new life of being an adventurer". It is Erik 'the Slayer'. "It's like it was meant to be."

"Adventurer? Thee? Would be quite a come-uppance, to have ye for good works as ye make travells across the lands. I can put mine faith in thee, and I see such recoverance in thine eyes so brown".

"Good to see you again, how would you like to hire a brave but untested mercenary?"

Lord Haaf-Mersey thinks about it. He'll be heading back towards Falkreath tomorrow after some rest on Sundas. He feels pretty confident Erik will be okay in this area of Skyrim.

"And if I may say so, wouldst thou make meaning of the light? To shineth upon the darkest of nights? And make banishment of the lowest of daedric menaces?"

"Seems like the best way to see the worrrld and make some coin!" Erik the Slayer admits with full honesty. "...Sure I'm a little green, but what I lack in experience I make up for in courage".

"Let it be so then", he says, handing Erik "the Slayer" five hundred in gold. "'Tis okay, that thee have not truely seen tha's light of yore. We shalt let it shineth upon thine heart, and maketh upon the lands full countenance, that ye shalt bear witness with full directiveness".

"Oh, did you need something?"*

"Need something? My apologies".

*while I was typing that long LHM soliloquoy, the dialog menu closed up! laugh.gif

This is it, Lord Haaf-Mersey decides. He can no longer speak the rest of his life in his family's high-brow manner of tongue. He decides he's going to try talking like a commoner. "Commoner". What did that word mean? Even the Jarls up here spoke just commoners!

"I am Lord Haaf-Mersey as thee have...." he stops himself. "Yes, I ... would ... like .. to .... maketh .... employment ... of ... thee".

"Lead the way".

It worked! Haaf-Mersey thinks. I have made of understanding amongst this commoner!

"You lead, I'll follow".

"Yes. And ..... may I see .. thine...your ... things?"

"No problem. How can I help?"

Erik the Slayer carries standard iron things: iron sheild, iron armor, iron sword. This will be something to do when he gets back to his home: improve Erik "the slayer's" chances of survival!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Elisabeth Hollow
Erik's in Rorikstead! Kayla has fond memories of him.

Now she's mad at me. O.o
Lady Saga
Ha ha!
Elisabeth Hollow
Now she won't talk to me. Though now she is glad LHM is keeping him busy. Se's tired of the love letters... XD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.