Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today In Skyrim (Spoilerific)
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Skyrim cheats and hints
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53
Grits
Exactly. Jerric is the last guy you’d want to have catch you in a Mythic Dawn robe. He’s not known for moderation.

Allek and Njall the Unliving are the only ones of mine who have done the quest.

Njall just wanted a new soul as his reward from Dagon, so he dropped the damned dagger on the shrine and stalked off when he realized it wasn’t going to happen.

Allek decided he would stick the dagger into Silus as soon as it was restored before Silus had even finished telling him the plan. That quest could have been written for Allek.

My ex-Morag Tong chick could really use the dagger, but she’s a follower of the Reclamations and a Mephala devotee in particular. I can’t imagine that she’d agree to increase Dagon’s influence in any way.

Someone of mine (I think Rowan) got tangled up with ice wolves on the way to the Lord Stone, and the dremora from the shrine ran down to join the fight. There may have also been a dragon. I’m pretty sure she could get into the shrine after that. Great source of respawning loot and hearts.
King Coin
What? I've never seen one there and Aravi's been to the Lord Stone several times.
Grits

Yep. There were two outside the shrine who came down to join the fight. (There was a lot of running.) I was surprised. She may have had the quest in her log already, but she hadn’t done it. Also this was long ago. I wonder if that was one of those inappropriate quest-related spawn issues that was patched. I’ll have to run someone new by there and check.

I wonder what happens when we leave those quest items in the box? I can’t remember who, but one of my characters found Meridia’s Beacon. S/he took one look and thought, No way am touching that glowing stone. (That sounds like Big D, actually. It was probably him.) So it stayed in the chest and no quest popped up. I wonder if the chest will respawn and take the stone away with it.
SubRosa
The two dremora by Dagon's Shrine should only appear while you are doing the quest, and then only when you are there at the end with Silus. Otherwise the door is inaccessble, and there is no one there. You probably ran into a glitch that spawned them early.

I think things like Meridia's Beacon probably do randomly respawn elsewhere if you stay out of the dungeon you originally find it in long enough for it to reset. The beacon can be found at random in any boss chest in the game. I think there is probably a script running in the background that makes a dice roll every time to open a boss chest to see if it is there. Or maybe it picks a place at random from all the boss chests at the start of the game? Maybe the latter, because when you start the quest, it will give you a map marker for where the beacon is if you have not already found it.
Grits
I just ran my new characters up to the shrine (pre- and post-pamphlet), and it was empty and locked up tight. I guess it was a glitch. That’s too bad.

In other news, I spent a little time in Darnand’s game getting Jerric’s (Argis’) gear together. It is tremendous fun to play Darnand the mage backed up by Jerric the battlemage. Here is a picture of Darnand and Jerric with their hot Skyrim chicks. Now Jerric (Argis) has the Sanguine Rose, so I’m sure the mayhem will increase. Next item on the list: the Shield of Solitude. Then they’ll make a Frost Atronach Staff. It should be interesting to see if one summoning staff gets used over the other or if he uses both.

Uthgerd’s house is more sparsely decorated in Darnand’s game. Jerric has had more time to accumulate stuff. Also Darnand is picky. He doesn’t want just any book on the dresser upstairs, he wants ‘his’ copy of Dwemer Inquiries Volume II. And a Dwemer gyro to put next to it. rolleyes.gif
SubRosa
love their hot chicks!

I also love those characters who just have to have things just so. Aren't they wonderful? biggrin.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 1 2013, 08:43 PM) *

Uthgerd’s house is more sparsely decorated in Darnand’s game. Jerric has had more time to accumulate stuff. Also Darnand is picky. He doesn’t want just any book on the dresser upstairs, he wants ‘his’ copy of Dwemer Inquiries Volume II. And a Dwemer gyro to put next to it. rolleyes.gif

That's so cute XD
Renee
QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 1 2013, 01:39 PM) *

On the way to Dawnstar they got caught in a major snow storm. The stopped in at a lighthouse so that Darnand could warm up.

What they found inside did not improve Jerric’s mood. After he destroyed the nest and put the unfortunate family to rest, he pushed on through the night to Dawnstar. Darnand followed.

Yeah, this place is sooo icky. The lighthouse with the family that moved in. Let's forget about the chauruses for a moment: I can only imagine how depressing it would be to move into a friggin' lighthouse on a coast in the middle of nowhere.

Yikes!*shudders*

A man in Mythic Dawn robes introduced himself and invited them inside. Then he asked them to help restore Mehrunes Razor.

Jerric killed him immediately.

Cool! This is so awesome!

Grits
OK so here’s Part B of the Dawnstar Museum incident as it played out in Darnand’s game (with Argis as Jerric). I’ve mentioned how in some ways Darnand’s and Jerric’s games are mirrors of each other, but this is the first time I’ve really made things happen during the game. (I usually switch to first person for administrative duties rather than having the characters do it. Same controls, different experience.) Jerric now carries the Shield of Solitude and can summon a dremora (Sanguine Rose for Argis) in both games. But Argis in Darnand’s game won’t give up his ebony axe, even though Darnand keeps giving him cool swords. Anyway.

The guys arrived in a snowstorm and followed Silus inside. He made his presentation to Darnand and Jerric (Argis), who as usual was standing back a little. When the moment of rage arrived I had Darnand give the follower command Attack Silus (as Jerric had done). I wasn’t sure what would happen since my criminals don’t tend to use followers.

Jerric muttered something and whipped out his axe. While he was stalking forward Silus had time to summon a Familiar which jumped on Darnand. Then Silus attacked Darnand with lightning.

At that point things got confusing. A Dawnstar guard entered and confronted Darnand by smacking him with her… mace? It was hard to see through the blood and lightning.

Then I heard kaboom YOU MEET YOUR END, MORTAL! It was one of those moments when the game delivers sheer delight. Jerric had summoned his dremora.

Thankfully the guard entered her arrest dialog with Darnand before Silus and his Familiar did too much damage to him. Darnand had instinctively loaded up a fireball, and letting one off in there would have been a really bad idea. So while the guard was facing Darnand with her weapon in her hand telling him off for being naughty in Dawnstar (40 Septim fine), right behind her Jerric and the dremora had Silus pinned against the wall between two display cases. Jerric was using his axe and the dremora is armed with a greatsword, so over the guard’s shoulder all I could see was their backs and a heaving mass of overhead chopping as those two hacked Silus to death.

Then Darnand went along quietly to pay his 40 gold fine.
Darkness Eternal
So today Raven is ready to assault the Dawnguard fortress! May Bal be with her ohmy.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
So the bards you hire at Winstaad manor canNOT sing XD
McBadgere
Oric-Shaarn Royal headed away from the Warrior Stone, his arm tingling with a power he'd not felt before. "Hrn..." he grumbled, "No warning signs for the unsuspecting then?"

Shaking his head as he walked further down the path, Oric shifted the weight of his pack around to ease his shoulder, not yet fully healed from his time in Helgen.

A sudden howl lifted his eyes from the road to scan the woods to his right. A trio of wolves walked slowly forward, growling as they came until they stopped with their paws on a rock slightly above the gravel road.

A bass rumble, more felt than heard pricked the wolves ears up...

Oric bared his teeth and growled; then he took hold of the handle of his greatsword and started to unsheathe it.

In moments, the wolves were gone.

"Clever boys." said the Orc Knight of The Nine, and headed on until he reached the small town of Riverwood...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Booyah!!...I've started again, and I'm being an Orc this time...No different playstyle...Just me, my sword/Shield and charging in and taking punishment as I deal it out...Fun times!!...
McBadgere
Well, looks like I'm the only one playing at the mo so... tongue.gif ...

An update on Oric-Sha Royal...

Currently levelling up at just over one per hour, we're currently at level 25...

Having cleared out one of the Dwemer ruins...Oh yeah, that one in Markath...We got ourselves a huge amount of Dwemer metal and have ramped the Smithing up with the dwarven armour...Much fun...And money!!...

We finished the Companions questline...And so, in an effort to make things slightly different to the others, I've had Oric embrace the werewolf power when things have gotten a wee bit tricky with the multiple enemies...And yes, I will admit, using the wolf-form to tear Morvath apart was deeply satisfying...Ah, the joys of disease resistance... biggrin.gif ...

Erm...Currently we're doing up the house in Morthal...As we've not had the time to stockpile the Iron Ingots, it's taking more time, and is therefore more fun, than it did/was with J'zirlo...Especially as I'm dividing the Ingots with any Smithing I'm doing...

Oric doesn't really use the magic much...He's more of a charge in and smite with his broadsword type...Although, the Illusion is going up from the Muffle, and restoration is going up from the healing...We'll see...Currently I'm putting the health/stamina/magicka up one point each as the level-up comes, but I may stop with the magicka...Maybe, I don't know... biggrin.gif ...

Finding ways of playing the same sort of character differently has been hugely fun...Now I've finally gotten a handle on him, Oric may turn out to be my fave of the three Tank-Knights I've done so far...
Renee
Sounds like fun, McB. I've yet to try and orc, I wonder if I ever will.

I haven't been playing Skyrim at all for about a month. Summer's been too nice this year, and I feel weird being in a virtual winter's environment when it's actually warm and sometimes muggy (humid) outside. I've been gaming a lot of Oblivion, and I also got Fallout 3 last week, and am surprised to find myself rather addicted to this game. I didn't think I'd like it so much, but I can't seem to get enough of it. smile.gif

I will return to Skyrim in the fall, no doubt. Here's a quick run-down on my three Skyrim characters...where I think I left them.

Lord Haaf-Mersey is in the Soul Cairn with Serana. This place is a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I thought it would be a linear experience, too, but since it's not, I wanna explore the place a bit.

Mycharonna the Ice Witch was on her way to Riften back when I last saw her in May or June. She's supposed to be getting some object 'appraised' for the Dark Brotherhood.

Naska is my newest character; I created him but haven't started gaming with him yet. Naska is based on a character a friend of mine made way back in high school. He probably will do the Thief's Guild.

Keep it up, McB. Eventually I will start writing again.

Grits
I haven't played Skyrim in awhile, either.

I'm glad you're having fun with Oric, McB. Orcs are such fun. smile.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 5 2013, 07:16 AM) *

over the guard’s shoulder all I could see was their backs and a heaving mass of overhead chopping as those two hacked Silus to death.

Then Darnand went along quietly to pay his 40 gold fine.

GAAAAH! Jerric killed Silus? The Silus from the Wobbly? Urk ...

Grits
QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 12 2013, 12:51 PM) *

Goodness, no! Jerric killed Silus Vesuius the Skyrim NPC who talks about how awesome the Mythic Dawn was for bringing about the end of the Septims. Then he wants the player to help him re-forge Mehrunes Razor. As you can imagine his plan did not fly with Jerric.

Silus the Brawler of the Wobby Goblet is Jerric's drinking buddy. Jerric has been known to yell, "Dance, bitch!" at Silus the Brawler late in the occasional evening, but it's all in good fun. tongue.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 12 2013, 01:41 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 12 2013, 12:51 PM) *

Goodness, no! Jerric killed Silus Vesuius the Skyrim NPC who talks about how awesome the Mythic Dawn was for bringing about the end of the Septims. Then he wants the player to help him re-forge Mehrunes Razor. As you can imagine his plan did not fly with Jerric.

Silus the Brawler of the Wobby Goblet is Jerric's drinking buddy. Jerric has been known to yell, "Dance, bitch!" at Silus the Brawler late in the occasional evening, but it's all in good fun. tongue.gif

Oh how I would love to hear stories about the two of them rousing (and carousing) it up at the Wobbly! Lol.

King Coin
Aravi got Windcaller's horn back to the Greybeards and then went down the mountain to Riverwood where 'A Friend' told her to rent the attic room. She got there after 10 PM. It was pouring.

She goes in, expecting to get some rest after listening to some woman talk about the Blades, Thalmor, and dragons. Then the woman decides they have to leave right now for Kyne's Grove. A dragon is supposedly going there.

Aravi says she's not ready. Doesn't matter. The woman changes into armor and goes outside into the pouring rain. Aravi is seriously considering just going to bed at this point.

This is a dragon though. Can she sleep if this thing is actually going to attack that village? Very reluctantly she tells Kharjo in the bar that they are hitting the road, in the pouring rain, in the middle of the night. She did not stay to see his expression.
Grits
Here's a little update from Jensa:

It’s been a long time since I did anything I thought I should write down. Then I went to Whiterun with Stenvar and we trapped a dragon. Time to get out the quills and ink.

I learned how to call the dragon by name from the Blades. They’re still not talking to me on account of I won’t kill Paarthurnax, but I guess the last time I was up at the Temple I got Esbern’s attention.

He showed me the words. My blood knew how to say them.

Then I went to Dragonsreach and talked to the Jarl. That would be Jarl Vignar since I removed my friend Balgruuf the Greater back when I was a Stormcloak. But this is supposed to be about new deeds, not old ones.

Vignar didn’t care for me in my days as a whelp in Jorrvaskr and he still doesn’t like me much. But that didn’t matter once a dragon landed right on the palace porch. Odahviing. His name was a song in my blood, but I guess it pissed him off to hear me sing it. Anyway his scaly backside got squashed in the trap just like Numinex all those years ago, at least according to the nonsense I helped them write down while I was at the Bards College.

I probably shouldn’t admit to that.

Odahviing talked himself back out of the trap in about ten minutes, just like the dovah that he is. We hatched a plan where I was going to fly with him to Alduin’s stronghold. Just me. And then he was going to leave me stranded up there to fight through all of Alduin’s defenses. It sounded like another trap.

Still I had to do it. I let Odahviing go, and he stayed true. Then it was up to me.

Stenvar and I went over to the side so we could speak more privately. We knew the day would come when I had to leave him and find my end in ice or fire. I had a fight waiting for me in Sovngarde, and that’s not a place for the living. Now that the moment was here I was fighting my emotions. I could see that he was, too.

“I don’t know how long this will take,” I said. “I don’t know how I’ll make it back, or where I’ll be. I’ll try to call to you, Stenvar. In a dream or something. And maybe I’ll hear you somehow if you speak my name.”

Stenvar pulled off his gauntlets and took my face in his hands. “Now and forever, kid. It doesn’t matter where, I’ll hold you again. This life is only the beginning.”

So then I kissed him as best as I could with both of us chin to toe in armor. We must have looked like two dwarven centurions trying to get close to each other.

“Make sure Calder knows where you are,” I told him. “So I can find you. In case.”

Stenvar pulled out a smile while he was checking my gear. “Ready?”

“Yeah.”

He gave me a look.

“Oh, hells, you’re right,” I said. “First I should probably go pee.”

SubRosa
Yay! It's great to hear from Jensa again. She has always been one of my favorite characters of yours. I especially liked how she described Odavhig's name as a song in her blood.

King Coin
Skaalz traveled to the inhospitable north of Skyrim to attend the Collage of Winterhold. He was interested in the dark magic of necromancy. Joining them, he soon realized that they didn’t offer what he was looking for. He wanted the knowledge to create undead servants. Disappointed, but eager to make some use of his long and cold trip, he began studying the schools of destruction and conjuration.

In the courtyard, off to the side where it went largely unnoticed, he found a curious trap door. He descended and found a network of caves below the college. Eager to explore this new area, he left to get his Khajiit friend, Inigo. His caution was well founded, there were creatures that needed to be removed.

Deep in the depths of these caves, he found what he was looking for: power. Beyond a locked door, the first signs that this is what he was looking for was the tools for stripping flesh and lots of blood. Then there were books on the subject. Finally, this is what he was looking for.

He packed up all the books and fled the College. There was nothing there for him now. He had what he needed. Not far from the cold road, he found a place to begin working. A freshly dead outlaw, and a less fresh mage provided the material he needed to begin. After a day of work, he had two skeletons.
Renee
Very cool, KC. smile.gif I've only explored those lower areas of the College superficially. I don't think Crystal Beth ever found anything of use, so it's cool there's actually something down there worthwhile.

SubRosa
Looks like Skaalz is beating Darnand to the Necromancer punch...

Yesterday I played a bit of Persephone, and thought I might try out the Dawnguard questline with her. Things did not work out however. The moment she stepped inside Castle Dawnguard that Vigilant of Stendarr inside attacked her. An instant later so did Isran, and the new guy who walks in with you. I guess they don't much like undead vampire hunters... wink.gif

Edit to add: This is even weirder. I have been playing Le Chevalier D'Eon again. She just cleared our Fort Hraggstad, but the game CTD'd every time she tried to exit the interior of the fort. So finally I used to console to coc to Riverwood (since it is one of the only places whose area name I could remember). Then I used the normal fast travel back to the fort. She found it was filled with Imperials already! It was only a nine hours in game from when she had left it. I think Tullius is sneaking around behind D'Eon to fill up every dungeon she clears with legionaries... emot-ninja1.gif
Renee
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 27 2013, 06:49 PM) *

Yesterday I played a bit of Persephone, and thought I might try out the Dawnguard questline with her. Things did not work out however. The moment she stepped inside Castle Dawnguard that Vigilant of Stendarr inside attacked her. An instant later so did Isran, and the new guy who walks in with you. I guess they don't much like undead vampire hunters... wink.gif

What? WHy would they all attack her like that out of the blue?

SubRosa
QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Oct 28 2013, 01:06 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 27 2013, 06:49 PM) *

What? WHy would they all attack her like that out of the blue?

Well she is undead. I am not just roleplaying that. I made a new race for her, which has the undead keyword. Let me tell you, that Stendarr's Aura spell huts too when you are a deadwalker!

But they were probably getting riled up because I created a mod for my last undead character that makes the Vigilants of Stendarr hostile. It seemed appropriate after all. I could just turn it off to see what happens, but really, it does not seem right to do that.
Renee
Ahh okay, makes sense now. On the subject of mods, I'm trying to get my first mod into Sims 3. They make it sound so easy, but it's NOT. Okay? It's not! I am so frustrated, it is unbelievable.

But I knew this would happen, that I would get stuck. All of this is off-topic so I gotta go.
Grits
Jerric, Darnand, and Lildereth learned that Aravi is traveling with Kharjo’s caravan, so they took off on a trip to find her. It seemed like a good idea to head to Riften and wait for them there. Jerric said they could do some fishing, which means “spend all of our gold at the Meadery.”

On the way they stopped at the Heartwood Mill so Jerric could give Grosta a hand with the lumber business (chop wood) and hang out with Gralnach even though the kid has never asked him to play tag. Hope springs eternal. After they scouted the area and killed all of the hungry critters, of course. He worries about them even though there are guards that come by. Also he feels a little guilty for not tracking down Grosta’s husband yet. Plus he tends to hit on her a little, even though she is a hard-looking man-hater. He predicts that she would have a better outlook if she would let go of that tension, preferably with him in the sack. Which seems to support Grosta’s point that men are pigs who only want one thing. Anyway.

So they camped at the mill and got to Riften about mid-morning I guess. After fooling around in town a little they hit the Bee and Barb. Inside they found a crowd including one guy that Jerric felt like he’d met before. Check out the smile.

A drinking contest commenced. Here Darnand is saying, “Nord, are you certain?” while in the background Lildereth pretends she doesn’t know these fools. She prefers to skip straight to the part where she picks Jerric up outside of the prison.

Only this time he woke up in Markarth having humped a statue of Dibella. Really, that’s what the priestess said. Anyway they have some work to do before they get back to Riften.

Oh, and in Markarth things got worse as soon as they left the temple. Jerric saw something he didn’t like in the marketplace, and this was the result. He chatted with the woman he saved, but his heart wasn’t really in it.

Finally outside Rorikstead he found a female who was attracted to him. tongue.gif She followed him all the way back to town. Then in Whiterun he got his next clue. Since he has about 7 Septims to his name they’re off to return a wedding ring rather than trying to pay for it. I think it will be a little while before they catch up with Aravi!
SubRosa
Is that Sam Guevene with the black robes and cloak? I am sure Jerric is on good terms with him!

I see it is. Darnand is looking hot in his black college robes. Are those from a mod? Or is it just a vanilla robe and the lightning makes it look darker than it really is?

Yep, that is Skyrim alright: where men are real men, women are real men, and goats are real nervous! laugh.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
Darnand is hot. Oh yeah.
King Coin
What a funny story! They were so close to her too! Ah well, another day.

I haven't had a character take Sam's offer yet. I'm really hoping I can convince Aravi sometime. Maybe Kharjo will step up.
Acadian
Such fabulous screens, Grits! I love the look of your characters and game. That first shot of Jerric is simply spectacularific! I can clearly see why wood elves, Bretons and even goats are attracted to him! biggrin.gif
ghastley
Makes note that Gleda should not be eligible to join the Bear Riders, even if the player manages to get her to the Lodge. I think that the current checks (female, follower) would allow it! laugh.gif
Grits
Yep, that’s Sam! Darnand’s outfit is from one of the mods that make black college robes available, either this or this. I think that’s the one that makes them armored, since the shoulder part looks more leathery. We’ve settled on a version from that mod that leaves them cloth combined with plain black gloves from the other mod. Darnand has been a real pain in the rear extremely particular about his attire. I think when I get the bandolier and belt pouch thing going he’ll finally be happy. Maybe.

The black hoods from both of those mods are likely candidates for Jerric’s hood whenever he scrounges enough ebony to make the Nordic Carved gear. He used up what he had on the black armored robes that Darnand won’t wear! Also when laptop Jensa gets stalhrim armor someday she’ll probably wear a black hood from the mage armor mod. She thinks the stalhrim bug antenna helm looks a little silly.

Thanks, folks! We’re having fun. There was a debate among the crew about whether to spend the winter months in Skyrim or Cyrodiil. The thin-blooded Bosmer and the furry-butted Nord declared that seeking warmer climes in winter and avoiding the Gold Coast’s heat by heading north in the summer was the way to go. Darnand said that as Bretons he and Abiene were above such petty concerns and they could cater to the more delicate members of the group. Abiene agreed with Jerric and Lildereth very quickly before Jerric could punch Darnand over the “delicate” remark. Then it was pointed out that her fur cloak was in Skyrim. She voted for spending the winter with her fur cloak. And once she spoke up, no one wanted to disagree with Abiene. Skyrim it is.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 21 2013, 10:00 AM) *
Makes note that Gleda should not be eligible to join the Bear Riders, even if the player manages to get her to the Lodge. I think that the current checks (female, follower) would allow it! laugh.gif

rollinglaugh.gif Gleda could wear bear rider greaves as an armored collar. That is hilarious!

Why Jerric Has Not Found Aravi Yet, part two

Jerric, Darnand, and Lil hauled tail halfway across the province to find the thing he should not have given away in the escapades after the drinking contest. While rummaging, Jerric spotted a shiny.

Jerric: Say, what’s this?
Lildereth: Wait, don’t tou—
Mysterious Voice: ~A new hand touches my beacon!~
Jerric: Am I still drunk?
Lildereth: Nord!! FFS!
Darnand: That… sounds like Meridia.
Grits: *palms face*

King Coin
Well, maybe they can aim for Dawnstar after doing Meridia's bidding? rollinglaugh.gif
Grits
Hopefully they can get past Solitude without having Jerric join the Legion! tongue.gif That would be one hell of a side-track!
Grits
Why Jerric Has Not Found Aravi Yet, part 3

Outside Riften he saw a giant attacking some orcs…

panic.gif
Colonel Mustard
Note to self: never, ever try and arrange a meetup with Jerric
ghastley
Silwen, my Bosmer archer, just became Guildmaster of the Thieves Guild. She found the last part a real grind, with the repetitive burglaries etc. (often stealing the same item!) just pointless, and no real reward at the end.

So she thought she'd buy a home or two with the gold she'd racked up in the process. The Marharth house is nice - Vlindrel Hall - well laid out, and quite functional. But then she went looking at the Windhelm one, and was disappointed that you can't buy it without taking sides in the Civil War. That strikes me as an odd decision by the devs. I could see it depending on which side you choose, but excluding the neutrals is just pointless. So, since she's going to try and collect the Stones of Barenziah, she's keep saving up for Proudspire instead. She'll have to shut down the DB to get the stone from them, but that's not out-of-character, like joining would be.

Although I have the DLC's, they're not enabled in her game. I already checked out Dragonborn, Dawnguard and Hearthfires with Fleur, so my later characters have been running through quest-lines (e.g. Ra'vish in the College of Winterhold). I can't see a single character wanting to do them all, even though Bethsoft push you that way.

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 22 2013, 04:34 PM) *

Darnand: That… sounds like Meridia.

Should we ask how he knows what Meridia sounds like?

(Edit prompted by the "hardest games" thread)
Have you ever had your archer find herself surrounded by swarming Falmer, just as she runs out of arrows?
Grits
QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 25 2013, 10:52 AM) *

Should we ask how he knows what Meridia sounds like?

In Chapter 13 Darnand and Lil handled the chat with Meridia (Cyrodiil shrine) while Jerric held the horses and debated buying rat meat skewers. tongue.gif

Congrats to Silwen! I agree about that guild grind. I just made unenchanted TG gear craftable since I’ll probably never go through all that again. Now it’s just different leather armor for my characters. Good luck with those stones!

(Edit prompted by the "hardest games" thread)
Have you ever had your archer find herself surrounded by swarming Falmer, just as she runs out of arrows?

Yes. But the chaurus poison killed her while she still had a few left. kvleft.gif
Grits
Jerric got the orcs and giants sorted out and passed back through Riften filled with hope. The Khajiit caravan wasn’t there, so they (he, Darnand, and Lildereth) moved on without a supply stop. Before they even got to Fort Greenwall Jerric ate the “fresh meat” that Lod had given him in Falkreath. He forgot to leave it out on the road for the dog (thank goodness), and it must have looked tempting to him. I guess it’s not a quest item. No one else has ever tried to eat it that I recall. I haven’t gotten so many “You cannot eat quest items” messages in all of my other games combined. It’s the damned Alto wine he’s still hauling around. Hopefully they will make it to their next destination so he can finally drink it.

In other news, I’ve changed the Atronach Stone to match Oblivion’s Atronach Birthsign with zero magicka regeneration. The full chaos and splendor of the Atronach battlemage is back! It’s a great day in Jerric’s world. smile.gif
King Coin
QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 26 2013, 10:09 AM) *

Jerric ate the “fresh meat” that Lod had given him in Falkreath.

rollinglaugh.gif I haven't had that happen before! That's Jerric!

I am very tempted to adjust the atronach stone now that you mention it. If I haven a character so inclined to take that stone, I will do so. smile.gif
SubRosa
That fresh meat looks gross! Its a mammoth nose isn't it? wacko.gif

You know, I have still never even used the Astronaut stone in Skyrim. Maybe I should give it a go Oblivion-style as well. It would be a ideal for a low/non magic using character like Hervor.
ghastley
Silwen is in Ansilvund, looking for the next one of the Stones of Barenziah. She's about half-way through collecting them, but she's leaving the easier city ones to last, so that's more than half the effort. She has Lydia in tow, and is able to summon a Flame Atronach (without using all her reserves) now she's added a second perk in conjuration.

She's sneaking in the lead, and Lydia tends to rush past her when the enemies get spooked by her first hit, so she's not levelling her Light Armour much!
King Coin
Kharjo tends to be a better follower than many of the others because he stays back and uses his bow and lets the enemy close.

You could also adjust Lydia's combat behavior if you wish.
ghastley
No, she likes not getting hit, it's just that there's a downside to everything in this game! laugh.gif

To my way of thinking, the better combos are always Ranged + Melee (tank) and so if the player character is mainly ranged , they need a melee follower, and vice versa.

Silwen's using a Flame Atronach now, but she'd prefer a Frostie. Just needs to gain some more levels. She prefers not to use magic, but it's a safety net for when she's out of arrows, or health potions, and needs a quick distraction. She usually has enough magicka to summon, as she's not using it for anything else. Healing by spell is not something she'd rely on, as bows use both hands, and so swapping takes too long.

Ra'vish would often have healing in one hand and an offensive spell in the other. Duck behind a pillar and heal, then pop back out and fire the other hand's spell. He went dungeon-diving with Mjoll, who's essential, rather than just protected, so he could use any spell he liked.

Silwen finds that she needs to be careful not to shoot Lydia in the back. She also has Argis available over in Markarth, but he's a wider target, so he stays at home!
King Coin
QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 26 2013, 02:31 PM) *

Silwen finds that she needs to be careful not to shoot Lydia in the back.

Someone that doesn't charge makes not shooting them a lot easier. wink.gif
Grits
I also changed the Warrior Stone for Jensa to fortify stamina and stamina regeneration, but I haven’t had a chance to try it yet. I like the notion that a birth sign (I’m holding on to that from Oblivion) could influence the course of a person’s life by making them better at some things from the beginning rather than as they gain experience. The Oblivion Warrior Birthsign also fortifies Endurance/Health, but in my follower-heavy Skyrim games that would be overkill.

I don’t generally do much training, but my archers always trained Light Armor. They’re usually increasing Sneak and/or Illusion as they play, so they don’t get hit much and Light Armor falls behind. Then when things get difficult they get slaughtered.

Jerric got a new staff from Sam, but still no Aravi. They planned to stay in Riften a few days and wait for the caravan, but there was an incident. Jerric bought Talen-Jei’s entire stock of special concoctions and drank them in one sitting. Then he ran off his energy inside the city, Skjorta-style. Time to move on.

They did find Grosta’s husband. After Jerric delivered the news, Gralnach ran up and finally asked him to play. Best game of tag ever. Jerric has some ideas for Heartwood Mill. Gralnach could use some company, and so could Grosta. Now the Nord is making up his own quests! wacko.gif
SubRosa
QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 28 2013, 07:53 AM) *

Jerric got a new staff from Sam, but still no Aravi. They planned to stay in Riften a few days and wait for the caravan, but there was an incident. Jerric bought Talen-Jei’s entire stock of special concoctions and drank them in one sitting. Then he ran off his energy inside the city, Skjorta-style. Time to move on.

Talun-Lei has a stock of potions? Those ought to come in handy when the Nagas attack the village... wink.gif
Grits
laugh.gif You made me look twice! tongue.gif If Talun-Lei’s are like Talen-Jei’s, the whole village will be running around tweaked and naked. Better give them to the Nagas!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.