Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guild Discussion
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53
ghastley
QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 24 2020, 10:19 PM) *

Doing the Master Writs is the absolute worst part of it to me!

This is why we like having the stations at the Guild Hall. Imagine going through that trek into Cyrodiil to use the original ones every time! ohmy.gif
Grits
QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 24 2020, 08:54 PM) *

The tables are all AT the Guild Hall; I just have them set outside for right now = too tired to set them up properly tonight. I'll start trying to work the tables in tomorrow.

For anyone who knows anyone else trying to get them = you HAVE to own the towns they are in or the armory won't let you in the door at all. So be prepared to fight for them.

They will let you come back into the Non-CP campaign with another Alliance character though; so it took me a lot of flipping characters, (because sometimes ownership has flipped again when you get back over there, lol). Anyway; I finally got them all, lol.

Huge Thanks to everyone who donated tables!!! Grits, if you can hang onto those till May/June, we will def need them then!

I should have a full set by then, I have the writs just not the mats to do them. Thank you so much, what a battle to get these new sets in!Who thought up the idea to put them in Cyrodiil, ugh!!
ghastley
At least the chance of them doing it again in the next update is as near zero as it could be.

I suspect there was a less stressful way to do the attuning run, but I don't know it. And I'd imagine the usual transitus route wouldn't work when you most need it. Those towns would be in a lot of dispute while everybody's trying to do the same thing.
ghastley
Guild meeting coming up! Time to start thinking about what we want to do, which will doubtless be a dungeon if there's four or fewer, and a zone's world bosses if there's more. Or sometimes both, or neither. tongue.gif

I wonder if we'll see King Coin? He hasn't been seen here for over a year, but we've encountered him in-game recently, building up a new character, and he's still on the guild roster. Last time I looked, he'd reached level 24, and may just have attempted a group dungeon (FG1) or blundered into it while exploring the area. I'll whisper if I see him around and invite.
Acadian
Buffy will be there.

We're quite comfortable with one of Friday's pledges (Arc Corinium from Redbeard) and would be happy to do that one. She always likes WBs (but not DLC ones very much, lol). And we're also of course open to other ideas.

I have discord text with KC and just reminded him as well.

If anyone else would like to be healer for our adventures let me know. We are not trying to hog the role. tongue.gif Buffy would be happy to serve as primary healer, backup healer or dps and can change variant/setups to support any of those roles.
ghastley
I can bring Floozie (Templar healer) or Wizwen (Pet Sorc healer, so not as competent) if that avatar of Buffy needs a rest. Just don't expect the same level of experience, as they've mainly played solo. tongue.gif

Or we can all slot our best self-heals, and hope.

mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 25 2020, 11:56 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 24 2020, 10:19 PM) *

Doing the Master Writs is the absolute worst part of it to me!

This is why we like having the stations at the Guild Hall. Imagine going through that trek into Cyrodiil to use the original ones every time! ohmy.gif

I was thinking that while getting these = unbelievably ridiculous trek if we didn't have some better access to them than going through all that every time.

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 25 2020, 09:51 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 24 2020, 08:54 PM) *

The tables are all AT the Guild Hall; I just have them set outside for right now = too tired to set them up properly tonight. I'll start trying to work the tables in tomorrow.

For anyone who knows anyone else trying to get them = you HAVE to own the towns they are in or the armory won't let you in the door at all. So be prepared to fight for them.

They will let you come back into the Non-CP campaign with another Alliance character though; so it took me a lot of flipping characters, (because sometimes ownership has flipped again when you get back over there, lol). Anyway; I finally got them all, lol.

Huge Thanks to everyone who donated tables!!! Grits, if you can hang onto those till May/June, we will def need them then!

I should have a full set by then, I have the writs just not the mats to do them. Thank you so much, what a battle to get these new sets in!Who thought up the idea to put them in Cyrodiil, ugh!!

That will be AWESOME !!!! Thank you so much for the help, that will be amazing!!!

You know, having them in Cyrodiil wasn't even that bad; but to make it where your Alliance HAD to own the Keep before you could even go in the door was way over-doing it. I managed to get the skyshards in those towns without our Alliance owning them; and could have easily grabbed them the same way if they didn't have it set up where they are locked away from you until your Alliance owns them.

I made numerous trips to get there only to have to stop and change characters; come back with the next Alliance only to find it changed back AGAIN to the former Alliance when I got there. It was ridiculous. And the locked campaigns keeps you from doing that because you can't flip Alliances with those campaigns.

Really glad that is over; and OOPS!!!! Thanks to seeing this post I just remembered = I haven't put the tables out yet! Urgh. Sorry Everyone, I'll get to it this week.

ghastley
QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 4 2020, 01:04 PM) *

Thanks to seeing this post I just remembered = I haven't put the tables out yet! Urgh. Sorry Everyone, I'll get to it this week.

Don't worry, They're not blocking the entrance. biggrin.gif
Acadian
QUOTE(ghastley @ Mar 4 2020, 08:17 AM) *

I can bring Floozie (Templar healer) or Wizwen (Pet Sorc healer, so not as competent) if that avatar of Buffy needs a rest. Just don't expect the same level of experience, as they've mainly played solo. tongue.gif

Or we can all slot our best self-heals, and hope.

Oh Buffy loves to heal, never tires of it and prefers the role. I ask only in case someone is working up a main healer and would like to try their hand with our very forgiving guild. smile.gif
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 26 2020, 01:14 PM) *

At least the chance of them doing it again in the next update is as near zero as it could be.

I suspect there was a less stressful way to do the attuning run, but I don't know it. And I'd imagine the usual transitus route wouldn't work when you most need it. Those towns would be in a lot of dispute while everybody's trying to do the same thing.

There will never be a transitus route to Vvlastrus; and rarely will one ever reach Bruma. Cropsford is on a transitus pretty regularly by either Ebonheart or Aldmeri; but it is the only one.

I think flipping Alliances is the easiest way if you are solo down there (don't come in a group capable of taking a town by yourselves) but like you pointed out = the reason for it flipping so many times that day was that it was the first day; and everyone was going for those tables that day. If we'd waited till it settled down, it probably would have been easier.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Mar 4 2020, 01:09 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 4 2020, 01:04 PM) *

Thanks to seeing this post I just remembered = I haven't put the tables out yet! Urgh. Sorry Everyone, I'll get to it this week.

Don't worry, They're not blocking the entrance. biggrin.gif

Lol, I completely forgot about them! Lol. I'm really sorry = I blame the Murkmire Event, laugh.gif

mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Mar 4 2020, 09:37 AM) *

Guild meeting coming up! Time to start thinking about what we want to do, which will doubtless be a dungeon if there's four or fewer, and a zone's world bosses if there's more. Or sometimes both, or neither. tongue.gif

I wonder if we'll see King Coin? He hasn't been seen here for over a year, but we've encountered him in-game recently, building up a new character, and he's still on the guild roster. Last time I looked, he'd reached level 24, and may just have attempted a group dungeon (FG1) or blundered into it while exploring the area. I'll whisper if I see him around and invite.

Oh, I think about King Coin A LOT, and wonder how he is doing! That is Awesome that you ran into him, did you talk with him?

I thought I saw JoZirra the other day; but he disappeared before I could reach him, so must have been in the process of logging out. I really miss seeing Monkey at our meetings!!!

I should be at the meet; though someone probably has to grab me in game and tell me when it is ongoing, lol.

(and whatever we do is fine with me, I always enjoy our meets!!!)

ghastley
Grits and I both text chatted (our guild chat) with KC. Not long, as he was busy leveling Boots the Tailess (spelling is his).

I didn't ask about Aravi, who I met at a guild meet when her level 31 was higher than Taminwe's twenty-something. Tami's went up a couple during the meet, as we were doing WB's and she had XP scrolls going. That's why I don't remember the number for hers.

Acadian's post indicates KC has Discord, but not if he has a headset. Might ask, if I get the chance, unless it's already known. And last known level is appropriate for using a training set, so we might make one at the meet, if he's there. I could do with using up the lower-level mats!
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Mar 4 2020, 01:56 PM) *

Grits and I both text chatted (our guild chat) with KC. Not long, as he was busy leveling Boots the Tailess (spelling is his).

I didn't ask about Aravi, who I met at a guild meet when her level 31 was higher than Taminwe's twenty-something. Tami's went up a couple during the meet, as we were doing WB's and she had XP scrolls going. That's why I don't remember the number for hers.

Acadian's post indicates KC has Discord, but not if he has a headset. Might ask, if I get the chance, unless it's already known. And last known level is appropriate for using a training set, so we might make one at the meet, if he's there. I could do with using up the lower-level mats!

KC has been on our Discord in the past; he just didn't have a mic then. He would listen to us and respond in the Chat box in game. It would be Awesome if he came; he is so missed!

RaderOfTheLostArk
Shouldn't be anything preventing me from coming to the guild meet, though I have a raid with my PvP guild at 7, so I will need to dip out a bit before then. But if anybody is on past 9, I can probably come back in.
Acadian
KC replied to my discord inquiry and says he should be able to make it.

Gosse is not sure if she can make it or not due to some great grandbaby health problems. She should be able to let me know before the meet actually starts though.
Grits
I have a family event tomorrow, but I may get a chance to play later. I'll look to see if you all are still together when/if I can get on.

Have fun! I hate to miss it.
RaderOfTheLostArk
A small excursion I propose is something I just posted about in the Housing and Decoration thread. There is a guy who had a really unique Daggerfall Overlook that is unlike probably anything you have seen in this game. We could check that out during the guild meet and it wouldn't take long. The username is @nighn_9 and the property is open to anyone to visit.
Acadian
I know the one you mean. Gosse showed it to Buffy a few days ago and it is indeed pretty impressive. Buffy's happy to tag along if we want to go see it during the meeting. smile.gif
Kane
I likely won't make the meeting, if it's tonight. Friday's are bad for me - Steph and I usually do all our shopping after work, and then I start laundry. If I'm on it won't be until 7:30-8pm or later.
Acadian
Buffy just got back from a wonderfully fun guild meeting. At various times, we had in our group: ghastley, me, Grits, Rader, mALX, Gosse and King Coin as we conquered all the world bosses in Grahtwood and Rivenspire.

Cat Man Dhou did a superb job of tanking and Buffy helped make sure we stayed healthy enough to have no deaths. Everyone else provided tons of damage.

Thanks to those who made it and we missed those who could not be there. smile.gif
mALX

We have screenshots!!!!

https://imgur.com/a/F5K6vfn

Aravi and KC = you have been SO missed, it was so great to see you tonight!!!

It was a fun Meet; and Misa was able to knock several World Bosses off her Achievements lists that she didn't have before; plus added those new discovered locations = pretty good for an almost 6 year old character!

ghastley
Matters arising:
1) Four of us grabbed the Undaunted pledge from Glirion Redbeard, but we never got round to doing it before we were five. Does anyone want to continue where we left off?

2) People without mic's, cant't make Fridays, etc. Do we need a second choice night for text-only?

3) Screenshot!
Grits
Nice screenshots, thank you for sharing them! I hate that I missed KC and Aravi, but I'm glad Jerric made it to at least a little of the gathering.

My schedule is chaotic until Tuesday, but I will ask in guild chat the next time I'm on in case anyone hasn't completed that pledge yet and wants to go. Jerric will still have it.
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Mar 7 2020, 11:07 AM) *

Matters arising:
1) Four of us grabbed the Undaunted pledge from Glirion Redbeard, but we never got round to doing it before we were five. Does anyone want to continue where we left off?

2) People without mic's, cant't make Fridays, etc. Do we need a second choice night for text-only?

3) Screenshot!

I think that having a Text Guild Meet would be spectacular; most especially for Haute's sake. It really hurts me to see Haute feeling excluded from our Meets because we are all on Discord chatting and all the conversations (that she used to enjoy at all our Meets) are now all taking place on Discord instead of in the chat box like they used to be.

And just typing where we are going next into the chat box isn't really including her; either = she is still isolated from all the conversations and fun of our Meets. It isn't just a matter of keeping up with where we are going next = these Meets are supposed to be us all getting together to have fun and laughter together = fun conversations between members that Haute used to hugely enjoy before we all moved to Discord.

I know exactly how excluded she must be feeling by this; because when we had our Guild Meets before we got the Discord = I felt totally isolated by my eyesight because I couldn't see the conversations in the chat box. Acadian made a huge gift to me of getting on Discord and reading off the chat box to me at our Meets so I could feel included in them = it was hugely kind of him; and eliminated the isolation I felt at the Meets.

Haute used to go to all the Meets back then; and had a lot of fun at them. What happened was that as more and more of us started using the Discord; we started doing less and less discussing in the chat box till it reached the point where all Haute was getting was a tossed out directions for the next dungeon. That isolates her from all the fun.

I hate the idea of any of our members feeling excluded; so going back to text chat Meets would be a great idea. I'm all for it; and as long as one person can voice to me whatever is being said in the chat box = neither Haute or I would be isolated at the Meets. That would be wonderful!

2. Where is that screenshot taken? Is that Skyrim on the PTS?

ghastley
QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 7 2020, 02:19 PM) *

That was one of the Elsweyr delves. I forget the name. The screen shot is from next to the skyshard.
Acadian
To me, the answer seems simple enough and was suggested by Grits yesterday. When Rider is able to attend a guild meeting, we all stay off discord and exclusively use guild/group chat. The exception being one volunteer up voice with mALX to help keep her briefed on what is going on in guild chat. smile.gif

mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 7 2020, 02:42 PM) *

To me, the answer seems simple enough and was suggested by Grits yesterday. When Rider is able to attend a guild meeting, we all stay off discord and exclusively use guild/group chat. The exception being one volunteer up voice with mALX to help keep her briefed on what is going on in guild chat. smile.gif

That is a fantastic solution!

QUOTE(ghastley @ Mar 7 2020, 02:30 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 7 2020, 02:19 PM) *

That was one of the Elsweyr delves. I forget the name. The screen shot is from next to the skyshard.

Well I am floored; don't recognize it at all!!!

ghastley
OK, another approach. Should the first Friday meet go back to a chat social (via text), and another "group dungeon and WB" schedule be added? It was originally a chat session, with an optional road trip on the end, but recently we're going off before everyone has arrived. I know ad-hoc groups do form, but some predictable Chorrolite days would make that easier.

The other question is whether the first Friday is still best for the current group. Does anyone want to propose an alternative?
mALX

I'm down for whatever everyone else wants!

Grits
I plan to game Tuesday night, if anyone want to group for an adventure. viking.gif
Kane
Ya boy's new mic is on the way to his house. cool.gif
Acadian
Did you get a combo mic/headphone?
Kane
No, just a stand mic. I already have nice headphones that aren't that old.
Acadian
Happy news today. Stargelman asked for an invite into the guild. Grits promptly did so, then I followed by promoting him so he can access supplies in the guild bank. Starge admits he is playing ESO because he's stuck at home and not sure if he'll stick around but it certainly is nice to see him in ESO. smile.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 22 2020, 06:45 PM) *

Happy news today. Stargelman asked for an invite into the guild. Grits promptly did so, then I followed by promoting him so he can access supplies in the guild bank. Starge admits he is playing ESO because he's stuck at home and not sure if he'll stick around but it certainly is nice to see him in ESO. smile.gif

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!

ghastley
Next Guild meeting is within the Anniversary event, which means some group dailies (dungeon, WB, etc.) are eligible for goodies. We should take advantage!
Grits
I'm game! I moved my Zoom cocktail party to Saturday, so I'll be ready to rack up some dailies. And relax and chat, of course!
Acadian
Good idea, ghastley! Buffy's up for it. smile.gif
mALX

Whatever we are doing, I'm game for!

RaderOfTheLostArk
I also request that we do some DLC WBs. Cincy only has 1 left in Hew's Bane, both in Clockwork City (he's never even seen them), both in Southern Elsweyr (also have never seen them), and 6 in Craglorn. Evelona has a lot of the regular WBs to do as well, if that is what people would prefer to do.

Also, if we have enough time and anyone is up for it, I would like to do Lair of Maarselok and/or Moongrave Fane. I really want that 3rd tablet for my Hall of the Lunar Champion so I can finally finish the damn place.
RaderOfTheLostArk
In case any of you come on here, my wi-fi decided to cut out. Trying to finagle with it and get back in game.
Acadian
A great guild meeting today, with a large group - Rader, ghastley, Grits, starge, KC, me. Starge did not have discord voice so we all dropped off voice and went to text only, which worked fine of course. Then we did a full run of all six world bosses in Shadowfen that went very well. Kudos to Rader for doing a superb job as group leader and also to Grits for some great tanking.

mALX told me this morning that her puter is keeping her out of the game. Later in the day, after talking with her puter repair folks, it seems like a new monitor will be the fix. So we missed her at the meeting.

After the WB run was done, KC, starge and I had to go. Thanks to those who made it and we missed those who couldn't. smile.gif
mALX
"Houston: We have a problem..."

May is coming fast; and that means the new Chapter will be dropping ... and right now I don't have a computer that can even log onto ESO. My PC is in the repair shop; but they may or may not be able to fix it; and if it costs a lot to repair = might be iffy on whether I will be able to afford to buy this chapter in a timely manner for the Guild Hall.

So first off: DON'T SEND ME any donations toward Crafting Tables until I know if I'll be able to even get in game again; or if I am able to get that DLC anytime soon !!!! I can't even log into game to send the donations back to you right now!

** If anyone has any donations toward these tables; either hold off till we know something or Ghastley will tell you what to do with them after he decides what to do.

Secondly:

If the worst case scenario ends up being the case: the new tables will have to be housed permanently in another member's Primary Residence (just like how Monkey housed the Cyrodiil Tables for us until I could get them for the Guild Hall).

That could be a necessary conversation to have = any one who might want to volunteer the use of their Primary Residences and Ghastley; our Fearless Co-Guild Master (*bows to image of Hazmick*).

I will hopefully be able to keep you informed on my situation so you can plan accordingly; but wanted to make sure absolutely no donations were sent to my in-game mail box because I have no way to return them at all right now. (and also wanted to make sure you had a heads up on my issue so you can have a "Contingency Plan" in place in case I am unable to get back in game anytime soon (or get this Chapter in any timely way for those who will need it).

Acadian
No worries, mALX, and I sure hope you get your puter up and running again soon. I'm sure you're frustrated not being able to play! Hug_emoticon.gif
ghastley
The need for more tables is still a way off. Plenty of time to get your machine working again. We'll just hold the contributions until you're ready to receive them.

This latest event wil have given us enough motifs and sealed writs to stay busy with the existing styles. The new one can wait.
Grits
mALX, I hope you get your machine working soon! I'm sorry that you're having this trouble.

In the meantime if anyone needs to use a Blacksmithing, Clothing, or Woodworking station from one of the new sets and doesn't have the DLC or chapter, I can go attune a station and put it in one of my houses for you to use. I still have the free ones that they gave us however long ago that was.
ghastley
If mALX confirms she's good to go, I have a set of stations ready to send. And Laurie still has a 60-slot chest full of writs to work through!
mALX

Not good to go yet; and not sure when or if I will be able to buy the new Chapter. I did pick up my PC from the shop; but it was already having problems again the first day = not sure if what I did to fix it worked or not. Plus = I spent my entire month's income between the repair and the paperwork I am now needing to do for getting my (late) husband's affairs in order. Urk.

Sorry everyone; if someone else can get them and house them at their house = I would so appreciate it. Whenever I get everything straightened out and can afford it, I will try to get the Chapter and buy the tables for the Guild Hall; but it may be quite a while before I can.

mALX

Okay, Gosse contacted me in game today = she added some Master Writs to the Guild Bank to go toward the new Crafting Sets. Since I won't be doing these sets; please = whoever is; please use them.

haute ecole rider
Like Grits, I also have the free attainable tables (blacksmithing, clothing and wood) that I can attune to any of the new sets. That only leaves the Jewelry table to get, and I'm more than happy to do it. If Grits does one set, and I do another, that leaves, what one more set to get for the guild?

Currently my homes are closed, but I will be happy to open one up again with that set for the guild to use.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.