Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guild Discussion
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53
TheCheshireKhajiit
Khajiit loves getting crafting motifs! The other day Mira found an Ancient Elf book in a nightstand at a quest location (house dres farm house?). We were so excited, but then we read and understood that we had to have a level of 8 in metal working, not blacksmithing in general, and our excitement faded a bit because we are a long way off lol
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 23 2016, 12:23 PM) *

Khajiit loves getting crafting motifs! The other day Mira found an Ancient Elf book in a nightstand at a quest location (house dres farm house?). We were so excited, but then we read and understood that we had to have a level of 8 in metal working, not blacksmithing in general, and our excitement faded a bit because we are a long way off lol

Yes, rare styles like Daedric; etc - have a minimum skill level requirement. You can save it if you have room and plan to raise your skill up; or you can sell it if you want. They usually go for a decent amount of game gold.

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 23 2016, 11:27 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 23 2016, 12:23 PM) *

Yes, rare styles like Daedric; etc - have a minimum skill level requirement. You can save it if you have room and plan to raise your skill up; or you can sell it if you want. They usually go for a decent amount of game gold.

Yeah this one will be hanging onto it.
Grits
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Dec 23 2016, 12:09 PM) *

I've been using "MonkeyEmoNess" since the Super Smash Brothers Brawl era (so 2008? Maybe later since I got the game FIRST before getting an actual Wii to play it on). It told the world I mained as Diddy Kong and "Emo" Ness. The name became useless the moment I started playing Lucas, Pikachu and Toon Link more often and forgot about Diddy Kong. *shrugs*

Thanks for the explanation! My eyes want to read monk-eye, but emo-ness made more sense. I don't know enough to get the reference without help.

Jerric has two extra Mudball Pouch mementos, but unfortunately that is on the PS4 so they will just go to the guild auction. It occurs to him that he might end up with extras of things on the PC as well. Does anyone have a Rune Box that they're looking for but haven't found?
Acadian
Buffy got a mudball pouch in one of the reward boxes. Then dear mALX gifted her with a beautiful hood fringed in white fur!

When all is said and done, I'm sure she'll have duplicate Skinchanger motifs and recipes. Hanging on to those to see at the end who among us still needs & wants what. She's planning on boxing all her fun & games party tricks up for Jerric to help ensure he has a lifetime supply of mudballing, paint-peeling grog, dagger juggling, fire breathing and sword swallowing gear - you know, all the stuff a Nord needs.

She is indeed still looking for that elusive Nordic towel of almost covered. tongue.gif
mALX

I'll give away all the sword swallowing ones, but plan to use all my mudballs in the upcoming year (be afraid, be very afraid...BWAAHAA !!!!)

I do like the fire thing and juggling too; and can see Misa wanting to use them too. I have an absolute ton of the Sailor stuff that makes you so drunk; and planned to gift some of that to Jerric just to see what who he wakes up beside the next day, I will NEVER forget that chapter, rollinglaugh.gif

** Still trying for a second Towel dress to send you, Acadian. So far no luck.

TheCheshireKhajiit
Khajiit pulled 3 skinchanger shoulder motif chapters from the Gift Box. Gave one to Feng, and did something with the other. Maybe in the bank.
mALX

Guild House = From what I've heard, the houses will be about 500,000 in game gold or 5,000 Crowns in the Crown Store.

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 24 2016, 11:13 AM) *

Guild House = From what I've heard, the houses will be about 500,000 in game gold or 5,000 Crowns in the Crown Store.

ohmy.gif
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 24 2016, 12:14 PM) *

ohmy.gif

I've got 475,000 gold saved up, but ... lots of time between now and February that something could happen to it, kvright.gif

Crowns are another story. I'll have to buy more to get a house; right now I think I've got about 4350 Crowns.

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 24 2016, 11:57 AM) *

ohmy.gif

I've got 475,000 gold saved up, but ... lots of time between now and February that something could happen to it, kvright.gif

Crowns are another story. I'll have to buy more to get a house; right now I think I've got about 4350 Crowns.

Yeah, Khajiit has only like... 650 crowns and only about 8,000 in game gold. What is a good way to make gold in this game?
Grits
Writs! Level up and do writs. Also daily quests give you rewards that you can sell.

All of the wealth is in my PS4 game right now. I've had Crowns piling up and the whole crew saving gold for the next update. The elk mount is as awesome as I hoped it would be, and there are still plenty of Crowns left for housing after buying it. My PC account will be dry until the next Crown sale, though.

Jerric has everyone in the PC crew saving for his brown paint horse, and then they'll be working toward housing. Good thing the apartments are (supposedly) free! biggrin.gif

monkey, great to hear that you are a Master Crafter. Jerric's build hinges on Pelinal's Aptitude. He is a long way from CP160 gear, but now I can stop stressing that his crafty cousin Elke won't have nine traits researched until long after he's ready for it. *happy dance*
monkeyemoness
I, like, ended up getting every single collectible on the first day and have multiple copies. Enough where, even after selling some early (for a nice 20k gold) and giving a set to a friend who can't participate in the event because of computer problems, I still have a lot. Even then I only got one Hissmir Fish Eye Rye recipe from the five straight days of participating. :/ Good thing I found one listed for 5k gold in a guild vendor lol

Still, it's basically the Witches Festival all over again, only I'm out of character slots to make Emergency Storage. So,like...yeah...if anyone needs a motif, recipe, or Runebox, chances are I have at least one to give away. (Except Skinchanger Chests and Daggers) Eolan's got the Magnanimous title and everyone else has a full set of Skinchanger motifs anyways (only short the Hissmir recipe to get the title themselves...)

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 24 2016, 12:07 PM) *

Yeah, Khajiit has only like... 650 crowns and only about 8,000 in game gold. What is a good way to make gold in this game?

Thievery, from my experience. If you're character's not up for that, then there are several daily quests out there. Like the crafting writs Grits suggested. The three base game Guilds have daily quests that take you all over Tamriel (letting you explore in the process) and if you have DLC, the Thieves Guild is Hates main source of income (many more daily and repeatable quests) as does the Dark Brotherhood, with the Gold Coast and Wrothgar having a delve and world boss quest.

Anyways, is that the estimated price for the largest houses? If it is then it looks like everyone will be able to afford a big house of their own (but I gotta snoop first, in case a medium house is enough). Hates has around 700k saved up while the others have around 500k. I've been saving since last year for this. :U
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 24 2016, 01:07 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 24 2016, 11:57 AM) *

ohmy.gif

1. Doing Writs nets about 2,000 gold per character per day.

2. Join a trade guild. I'm a member of 4 trade guilds. The biggest selling items are tempers; then food and ingredients; (they go as quickly as you put them up).

Bundles of mats for crafting used to go well, but now that they are giving everyone 25 of various mats they don't need as Writ rewards, that stuff is flooding the market and is becoming devalued.

These type things can bring in about 30,000 per day at the Guild Stores.

Rare anything is high dollar and sells quick. Kuta stones go for @ 5,000 gold each. I got 100 of them doing Writs, and have been selling them off (which is how I got at least 260,000 in the last week or so). I got some Atherial Dust doing a Writ that sold for 97,000 a few weeks ago; and sold in like 1-2 days.

3. If you are a vampire or werewolf, people pay well for you to bite them from what I've seen in the Chatbox.

4. Thieving and murdering. Robbing Inns/houses etc. is okay; but if you have the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood - thieves troves and murdering people for the loot they are carrying is huge, you can net 8,000 in just minutes per character.

The problem with that is that the "Fences" have a ceiling that = once a character meets that ceiling they are stuck with a bunch of stolen goods on their hands and kind of have to hide out in the Outlaw Refuge for 24 hours till they can Fence again. (Move onto the next character).

That option isn't my favorite - not to say I haven't tried it; but I don't kill innocents to do it. There are plenty of places where enemies abound that you can creep up on and kill and they respawn quickly so you can "farm" them.

One of the best places to farm murdering enemies is that first estate you have to do for the Dark Brotherhood questline. Those guards respawn in under a minute, you can net enough to hit the ceiling at the Fence in no time.

** If you use a trade guild and sell mats, you don't need to murder or break into houses to get plenty of gold.

Me = my main character goes out on a mats run once per day, it takes about 30 minutes and she gets plenty to sell. I took Haute on it, she can verify it is loaded with great mats, lol.

All my characters do some writs per day. The lowly bank mules just do a couple easy writs like Provisioning and Enchanting (about 5 minutes per each character because I keep the Provisioning foods for Writs made up and waiting in the bank for them to just pull out when they get a Writ).

The characters I've actually sunk skill points into doing the highest level Writs absolutely do their Writs daily because those Craglorn level Writs are the ones that pay with Kuta stones and rare ingredients.

mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Dec 24 2016, 01:38 PM) *

Writs! Level up and do writs. Also daily quests give you rewards that you can sell.

All of the wealth is in my PS4 game right now. I've had Crowns piling up and the whole crew saving gold for the next update. The elk mount is as awesome as I hoped it would be, and there are still plenty of Crowns left for housing after buying it. My PC account will be dry until the next Crown sale, though.

Jerric has everyone in the PC crew saving for his brown paint horse, and then they'll be working toward housing. Good thing the apartments are (supposedly) free! biggrin.gif

monkey, great to hear that you are a Master Crafter. Jerric's build hinges on Pelinal's Aptitude. He is a long way from CP160 gear, but now I can stop stressing that his crafty cousin Elke won't have nine traits researched until long after he's ready for it. *happy dance*

I'm dying for that brown paint horse too. Every time I go to the A'likr desert and see them walking behind the Redguards out on the roads between towns; or camping with their masters - I just want one so badly! I'd give anything if we could steal horses in this game, lol.

One day I'll buy one for Misa; just not till after the housing is everything I want it to be.

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Dec 24 2016, 01:39 PM) *

Anyways, is that the estimated price for the largest houses? If it is then it looks like everyone will be able to afford a big house of their own (but I gotta snoop first, in case a medium house is enough). Hates has around 700k saved up while the others have around 500k. I've been saving since last year for this. :U

I'm sure it isn't the price for the mansions, those will probably be off the charts. Probably that is the price for the average or medium sized houses - or possibly the small houses. I'm going to keep building up gold between now and February just in case; because I am really not sure if the house I want is considered small or medium.

hazmick
Is anyone yet to vote on the name poll? I want to get the guild created sometime soon.

As for alliance, it seems that nobody has any preference thus far (speak up if you do!) and it appears that we're split between EP and AD. If it comes down to it, I might just have to flip a coin tongue.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(hazmick @ Dec 26 2016, 05:56 PM) *

Is anyone yet to vote on the name poll? I want to get the guild created sometime soon.

As for alliance, it seems that nobody has any preference thus far (speak up if you do!) and it appears that we're split between EP and AD. If it comes down to it, I might just have to flip a coin tongue.gif

Khajiit voted
mALX
QUOTE(hazmick @ Dec 26 2016, 06:56 PM) *

I plan to play in Cyrodiil and test out the Alliance War with Misa once she has completed Cadwell's and her other achievements in Cyrodiil, she is Ebonheart Pact. I've been just doing scouting missions, but plan to go with one of the other guilds I'm a member of to learn how to take assets, etc.

On the name - I voted, but any name is fine with me as long as it is relatively short and has Chorrol somewhere in it, lol.

hazmick
I'll collect the poll results on Thursday the 29th, so that's just over 48 hours from now. How exciting!
TheCheshireKhajiit
Woohoo!! How will joining the guild if it's allied with the AD affect Mira's progress with the EP?
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 26 2016, 10:13 PM) *

Woohoo!! How will joining the guild if it's allied with the AD affect Mira's progress with the EP?

It affects what credit you get for things you do in the Alliance War in Cyrodiil.

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 26 2016, 09:31 PM) *

It affects what credit you get for things you do in the Alliance War in Cyrodiil.

Oh ok so not the main faction quest line
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 26 2016, 10:38 PM) *

Correct.

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 26 2016, 09:44 PM) *

Correct.

Ok, got it.

So how many spaces does a guild bank start with? You know, for when we get the membership up?
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 26 2016, 10:50 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 26 2016, 09:44 PM) *

Correct.

Ok, got it.

So how many spaces does a guild bank start with? You know, for when we get the membership up?

Unless I'm wrong, guild banks can't be built up. They are 500 slots; but you would only put something in there you don't mind one of the other members taking out - it is for sharing amongst members.

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 26 2016, 09:54 PM) *

Unless I'm wrong, guild banks can't be built up. They are 500 slots; but you would only put something in there you don't mind one of the other members taking out - it is for sharing amongst members.

Ok cool. Of course, as of right now we are a few shy of enough members for a bank, right?
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 26 2016, 11:03 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 26 2016, 09:54 PM) *

Ok cool. Of course, as of right now we are a few shy of enough members for a bank, right?

Yes, you get the bank with 10 members.

TheCheshireKhajiit
We need to get these other folks around here on board! Lol
TheCheshireKhajiit
So tomorrow is our founding day for the Chorrol community guild?
Acadian
In terms of recruiting for our guild, it occurs that we can not only hope that additional members of Chorrol take up ESO and join, but we might consider asking any good friends in ESO to come join Chorrol - and if they enjoy our forum, they would be natural fits for our guild?
hazmick
The results are in...

Henceforth, we shall be known as...The Chorrolites! Also, we will be aligned with the Ebonheart Pact, for PvP purposes. cake.gif cake.gif viking.gif cake.gif

I'll get the guild set up in-game soon and invite those I have on my friends list.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 29 2016, 01:34 PM) *

In terms of recruiting for our guild, it occurs that we can not only hope that additional members of Chorrol take up ESO and join, but we might consider asking any good friends in ESO to come join Chorrol - and if they enjoy our forum, they would be natural fits for our guild?

Seems fair enough - one can't very well be a Chorrolite if they don't like Chorrol laugh.gif
hazmick
In classic Zenimax fashion, inviting people to the guild is more difficult than it needs to be.

1. I can't just invite people straight from my friends list. I have to type names in manually to send guild invites.

2. UserIDs don't seem to work, and some of yours are too long for the text field. I've invited you via character names.

3. Some character names are also too long for the text field.

Everyone on my friends list should have an invite now (that's Acadian, Haute, mALX, and Grits). Everyone else, either add me in-game (MarshRangerHaz) or jot down one of your character's names below and I'll send them an invite.
Acadian
Thanks so much for the work, hazmick!

Buffy did get an invite notification in game, immediately accepted and is now a member of our guild! Joining a player guild is totally new ground for me. I am confident however that I have figured out how to see and talk on our guild chat.
Grits
I sent invites to monkey and Khajiit. Woo!

Thank you, hazmick! smile.gif

Acadian, I think that inviting friends to check out Chorrol and join the guild if they like us is a great idea.
TheCheshireKhajiit
And The Chorrolites will venture forth and conquer! For the Pact!!
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 29 2016, 12:39 PM) *

And The Chorrolites will venture forth and conquer! For the Pact!!

WOO HOO !!!!

mALX
In case anyone doesn't know: The guild roster works just like your friends list if you want to "hop" to a place your character hasn't been before.

Just access your guild's "window" and click on the "roster" icon at the top of the window - check the list of guild members who are currently active for any that are somewhere you would like to go.

Right click on their name and on the drop down list choose "Travel to Player."

There is no notice to them, no need to ask permission, etc. It will just drop you at the wayshrine nearest them. (don't choose ones inside a dungeon, or it will put you in the dungeon).

I have used it in Wrothgar when collecting Surveys just to get back to any wayshrine without having to fight the whole way back to the wayshrines because they are so distant from the Survey sites - just a convenience at times.

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 29 2016, 11:34 PM) *

In case anyone doesn't know: The guild roster works just like your friends list if you want to "hop" to a place your character hasn't been before.

Just access your guild's "window" and click on the "roster" icon at the top of the window - check the list of guild members who are currently active for any that are somewhere you would like to go.

There is no notice to them, no need to ask permission, etc. It will just drop you at the wayshrine nearest them. (don't choose ones inside a dungeon, or it will put you in the dungeon).

I have used it in Wrothgar when collecting Surveys just to get back to any wayshrine without having to fight the whole way back to the wayshrines because they are so distant from the Survey sites - just a convenience at times.

Good advice mALX! This one would not have thought of doing that! Then again, Khajiit is but a gnoob. Lol
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 30 2016, 12:43 AM) *

Good advice mALX! This one would not have thought of doing that! Then again, Khajiit is but a gnoob. Lol

That is how I got every Skyshard in Tamriel = hopping to places I hadn't been on the coat tails of members of my guilds, laugh.gif

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 29 2016, 11:52 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 30 2016, 12:43 AM) *

That is how I got every Skyshard in Tamriel = hopping to places I hadn't been on the coat tails of members of my guilds, laugh.gif

If it works, it works right? Lol
hazmick
So there seems to be some interest in a guild meet-up some time - a cosy Chorrol tavern time.

What date and time is good with everyone else? Getting everyone online at the same time will be the main challenge.

Any location suggestions are welcome too! Ideally it would be a tavern or inn somewhere away from the hordes of other players. We can all teleport to each other's locations so anywhere should be fine.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Here is Khajiit's schedule for the next couple weeks:
Monday-Wednesday: 12:30am-2:30am, 10am-1pm
Thursday-Friday: 12:30am-3am, 11am-5pm
Saturday: 12:30am-2:30am, 10am-3pm
Sunday: 12:30am-2:30am
Grits
I can be free most weekdays Eastern Time. Weekends and evenings are tricky but possible with some notice. Woo!
hazmick
I'm free any time, so I'll leave the decision up to everyone else. laugh.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
Oh yeah, forgot to mention Khajiit is in Central time
mALX

Eastern Standard Time zone here; let me know what times suits everyone else and I'll try to aim for it.

monkeyemoness
Any time after 2-3 PM central standard time on weekdays. Except today since I'm sick. Weekends can be whenever.

EDIT: Also, the Inn at Fell's Run is relatively empty. Saw some RPers there today while Jo'zira was looking for shinies but little else.
Grits
That sounds like a great spot. I'm always up for an excuse to go to Fell's Run. In fact I think it's time for me to watch the housing videos again. tongue.gif
hazmick
Fell's Run it is then.

Everyone seems to have pretty open schedules, so should we just pick a random weekday? How about a Friday?
TheCheshireKhajiit
Fridas works for Khajiit!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.