Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guild Discussion
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53
ghastley
I was expecting the Grand Psijic Villa to have been added to the list of Uncollected homes on my account, as I don't have Summerset. That would be just like the other Summerset homes - they're in the list, and can be previewed, but not bought. It's not there at all.

I saw that mALX was in her instance, and tried to port to her, but it spat poor Wizwen back to Rawl'kha, and not even outside the door of Sleek Creek, where we started from.

That may have been because Visitors weren't yet turned on. Anyone know what the usual result is?
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 10 2018, 08:57 PM) *

I was expecting the Grand Psijic Villa to have been added to the list of Uncollected homes on my account, as I don't have Summerset. That would be just like the other Summerset homes - they're in the list, and can be previewed, but not bought. It's not there at all.

I saw that mALX was in her instance, and tried to port to her, but it spat poor Wizwen back to Rawl'kha, and not even outside the door of Sleek Creek, where we started from.

That may have been because Visitors weren't yet turned on. Anyone know what the usual result is?

Try porting to mine again now; I have the same permissions set for it that Hunding House has. (now).

The permissions on the Psijic place weren't set up like they normally are on these houses; and after you mentioned it to me was the first time I thought of looking at them. The page was completely blank, and it took me a while to figure out how to make it load my previous permissions to "choose one to associate it with."

I'd like to know if it is working now, so anyone with "Port To Friends Houses" that wants to test it out, please do = (especially if you DON'T have Summerset Isles. I need to make sure that the members who don't have Summerset can access the manor before moving the crafting over there!)

From the time yesterday morning when they opened it up, until the middle of the night last night = I stayed in there decorating it; I never even got to my daily writ chores yesterday.

So far I've just added lights in the great hall and added a second floor for tables; but that will have to be tested to make sure the tables don't shift on it before moving them over there. One of the biggest problems guild halls have had trouble with on these tables shifting was on "added" surfaces. (although the three tables we had shift over at Hundings were inside and directly on the static floor of the house).

(that problem might have to do with the messed up Z axis in the game. I can take 8 pieces of flooring and type the exact same z axis in for each one; and they will all end up on a different height and for some odd reason will jump to a different X or Y axis as well, when the only number changed was the Z axis; grrrr).

Hand placement of the floor results in a floor that if you lay a large rug on it = half the rug disappears. (and by the way; the floor Zenimax lay down in that room behind the throne does the exact same thing, so it isn't only my problem. The Devs couldn't even get a level floor in that manor!)

Anyway, I've done all I'm going to do until I can be sure that all the members can access it (first) - and then that the tables will be functional there. I won't be setting up a duplicate in the PTS and testing it out until I am sure those without Summerset can access it.

mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 10 2018, 12:23 PM) *

Well there certainly isn’t any lack of space. Place still amazes Khajiit with how big it is! Today Brenna was planting her scary trees and what not in the clearing to the right of the mansion near the steps going down to the ocean, and it occurred to us that there is so much room that each of our characters could have a designated area all to themselves!

It is way too big for just 700 slots; but I was glad to see they stripped it down to zero junk items (no rocks or trees are showing up on the "retrieve" list like they have on all their other houses!) So that was good; they actually didn't charge us slots for anything on the property!

ghastley
The mention of "Port to Friends House" reminds me. I looked at that on ESOUI, and it has not been updated since the version I have. That version does not know the ID for that house, so it can't use it (yet). We'll have to wait for an update that includes this one.

I'll try porting to your character next time I see you online and in there at the same time I'm on.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 11 2018, 10:08 AM) *

Well there certainly isn’t any lack of space. Place still amazes Khajiit with how big it is! Today Brenna was planting her scary trees and what not in the clearing to the right of the mansion near the steps going down to the ocean, and it occurred to us that there is so much room that each of our characters could have a designated area all to themselves!

It is way too big for just 700 slots; but I was glad to see they stripped it down to zero junk items (no rocks or trees are showing up on the "retrieve" list like they have on all their other houses!) So that was good; they actually didn't charge us slots for anything on the property!

Well there’s a ton of crap on the property of this home so it would be pretty crappy if they counted that against the relatively tiny furnishing cap for this place.
ghastley
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 11 2018, 11:22 AM) *

Well there’s a ton of crap on the property of this home so it would be pretty crappy if they counted that against the relatively tiny furnishing cap for this place.

But nothing you can remove, right? I've had similar issues of being able to pull out some rocks, but not others, in several homes. (Rocks being just one example).
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 11 2018, 10:47 AM) *

But nothing you can remove, right? I've had similar issues of being able to pull out some rocks, but not others, in several homes. (Rocks being just one example).

Yeah, it’s all just a part of the home, like the walls or the door. Can’t remove them.
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 11 2018, 11:12 AM) *

The mention of "Port to Friends House" reminds me. I looked at that on ESOUI, and it has not been updated since the version I have. That version does not know the ID for that house, so it can't use it (yet). We'll have to wait for an update that includes this one.

I'll try porting to your character next time I see you online and in there at the same time I'm on.

Okay. If I make it my Primary, it should be no problem to use the game to port to it (no add-on needed).

If that second floor I added doesn't work; it will make having them set up as alphabetized an issue (because the outside is too cut up for 47 sets to be set up in alphabetical order).

We could still use the place for our crafting mecca; but the tables would have to be divided up by zones (like they are at Hundings). If I do it like that; I could move them immediately; but...really hoping I can get them set up alphabetized.

My plan (if that 2nd floor works) was to have (A to whatever) set up downstairs; and (whatever to Z) set up upstairs; (using that great room for everything if possible). The two side rooms could be used to house the Enchanting/Alchemy/Outfitting/Cooking/and possibly a plain Jewelry station (since I found out that you can't use the attuned jewelry stations for daily writs like you can the other equipment stations that have been attuned).

Transmute station would sit on the throne. The banker and merchant are already set up in the entryway. Mundus stones and combat dummies would be outside then.

The problem with that is = putting everything inside the house makes using them (such a long walk from where you spawn in). People aren't going to want to walk so far to crafting stations and amenities. Urgh.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 11 2018, 11:47 AM) *

Right. At Hunding House there was bunches of rocks and stones that were being counted on my inventory that were underground and couldn't even be seen; plus numerous trees that were no tropical and I didn't want them there. I pulled everything out till the inventory read zero. Same thing with Topal Bay. This is actually the first house I've gotten that was set at zero and you couldn't move anything whatsoever = it is all static; they didn't even place one light in there. I like that, although if I could move stuff around, there is def some stuff outside that I would change.

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 11 2018, 10:08 AM) *

Bold: rollinglaugh.gif

I agree, but it is what they have done on all the others; (charged us slots for their decorating of the exteriors). They had a bunch of rocks underneath Hunding house that didn't even show that I was charged for! I got so every house I bought = the first thing I did was go to the "retrieve" and see what I was being charged slots for = remove everything I didn't want.

haute ecole rider
I recently uninstalled Port to Friends House, since I started using EHT's porting function.

It's pretty simple:

To port to my own homes, I just type /house [name of house/nickname] - the name doesn't even have to be the full name. Like to send Maz back home to Daggerfall I just type /house Margaux

To go to a friend's primary I just type /house @[friend's in game handle] - for example to go to mALX's primary I just type /house @mALX1

To go to her non primary house I just type /house @[friend] [house name] - so for her Sleek Creek I would just type /house @mALX1 Sleek and BOOM! I'm there

I type faster than I mouse, so I find it quicker to get around using the chat box commands built into EHT

Oh, and if I wanted to go to my own primary, I just type /home

Home, James!
ghastley
Following the above recommendation, I did the same, and replaced Port To Friends House with EHT. I do prefer the way it uses the house name, and since you need to type something into the chat box to launch either method, the simpler single step one wins.

And I did manage to get to Grand Psijic Villa, so it's viable as a guildhall. I was concerned that it was behaving differently from the other Summerset homes, but that appears to be confined to the list in collections.

Wow, it's huge! And needs a lot of lights. How many of the 700 slots are going to be used up by just lighting?
haute ecole rider
It is always dawn on Artaeum, and at the Grand Villa, so the only places you need lighting is inside.

And at that, really only in the back rooms - where the windows are not as grand.

I spent some of Do Raheita's bounty time moving unused furnishings - both outdoors and indoors - to the Villa and getting them somewhat organized. The next step is to empty out the two smaller homes I'm using for storage atm and move those furnishings in.

I did manage to clear out a room's worth of Telvanni furniture by calling an impromptu sale over the housing guild chat. I only have a masterwork candelabra left. All of these furnishings were given to me, either as gifts or as raffle prizes, or in auction lots (where I was bidding for other, more desirable things).

Once that's done, and I have a chance to see what I have, then I plan to reorganize things at my Silent Magnifico place and open my Caravanserai for business.
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 12 2018, 08:39 AM) *

Following the above recommendation, I did the same, and replaced Port To Friends House with EHT. I do prefer the way it uses the house name, and since you need to type something into the chat box to launch either method, the simpler single step one wins.

And I did manage to get to Grand Psijic Villa, so it's viable as a guildhall. I was concerned that it was behaving differently from the other Summerset homes, but that appears to be confined to the list in collections.

Wow, it's huge! And needs a lot of lights. How many of the 700 slots are going to be used up by just lighting?

With all the stuff that is in there right now; plus adding in our 200 slots of guild amenities it comes to well under 600 slots. The house has 700 slots, so that is a good bit of leeway for future tables to be added later (as long as I don't go overboard stuffing it with items, laugh.gif ).

Zenimax adds 24 tables per year; so leaving that last hundred open should give us 4 years to run out of space and have to start removing the decor, lol.

Anyway, I've got almost everything I was going to add in done. Today I'll be putting in some decorating around the Alchemy/Enchanting/Provisioning/and Dye-Outfit stations; but other than that I'm done ... er...well, I might make a little tent up by the stables for Acadian (since he'll be losing Buffy's Tower if/when we move). The stables is near a waterfall and he'll be able to hear the ocean too; so ... good spot for Buffy to have her private retreat.

ghastley
QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 12 2018, 11:25 AM) *

(as long as I don't go overboard stuffing it with items, laugh.gif ).

Exactly! biggrin.gif That place is going to be a major temptation. Especially with the vast open spaces outside.
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 12 2018, 11:50 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 12 2018, 11:25 AM) *

(as long as I don't go overboard stuffing it with items, laugh.gif ).

Exactly! biggrin.gif That place is going to be a major temptation. Especially with the vast open spaces outside.

Yes, it sure is. It looks bare outside now; I'm hoping the Mundus stones and combat dummies will take some of that away. Also, I've been debating putting the basic vanilla stations outside instead of in, that would ease loading into the house some; and also take up some of the bareness outdoors.

This place may work as a guild hall as long as our crafters don't mind walking all the way to the house to do their master writs. It gets old when you've had to go back and forth a lot. Also, I'm not really happy with the fact that there is no close wayshrine to leave there; you have to port to one of your houses to leave.

(not to mention the possibility that our tables may still need to be set up by zones instead of Alphabetized due to how cut up the exterior is and the limited interior space).

If anyone has some reservations about this move) = please feel free to open up a discussion on it and voice your concerns; because there are most definitely some minuses about moving the guild here; (most prominently the long walk to the guild amenities; and also the fact that we will have to port to one of our houses to leave the place).

The only real plus is that there are 100 extra slots for future crafting sets (thanks Zenimax for thinking of us when you designed that crappy system) - and a little more available room to place them. (Alphabetizing the tables takes a lot more room than doing them by zone).

Hunding House had completely run out of both slots and places to PUT any more tables after those coming the 22nd of this month. The only way to add more after that would be to tear out the Khajiit Village and put those ballroom floors either along the waterfront or along the roofline (to keep Hundings from being a mess of tables all jammed together).

So we don't absolutely HAVE to move right now; we have time to mull this over and brainstorm alternative ideas on what else we could do if our members aren't going to like this move.

TheCheshireKhajiit
The walk to the house does not bother Khajiit, nor does having to port to one of our own houses to get back to Tamriel. This one really does think the extra space outweighs any negatives. Khajiit votes to move it, provided the tables function ok in the new place.
ghastley
My 2 cents: Distance from port point to tables is not an issue. I was running further at Hunding's just trying to find the right one, because I could never remember what section a set belonged in. The large open space will make that part of the search so much easier.

I've confirmed that getting there without Summerset isn't an issue.

I don't see any problem with the crafting facilities being out of action during the move either, as the original in-world locations remain available. Any really urgent writ will still get done. Ditto with the mundus stones. Any ideas on how the rest of us can help with that move?

I would generally leave Hunding's direct to Mournoth Keep, as that usually saved time reaching the wayshrine. The extra load wasn't as much as the ride through town. So no change there.

---

Suggestions: Don't "decorate" the crafting area, but make it a bare industrial workshop. I'd suggest using a few clockwork illuminators instead of the fire-type lights you have now. You use fewer, and they look more "factory floor".
mALX

Yeah, those torches are way too bright; especially in that room behind the throne where there are so many of them.

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 12 2018, 04:04 PM) *

Suggestions: Don't "decorate" the crafting area, but make it a bare industrial workshop. I'd suggest using a few clockwork illuminators instead of the fire-type lights you have now. You use fewer, and they look more "factory floor".

Khajiit agrees, this could be really cool.
ghastley
I'm never happy with the way they attached a yellow glare/fog to the torches. Sometimes more is less. I put just one of the Nord ones under the provisioning station that Wizwen has in Snugpod, to add flames, and the yellow fog fills the place. I tolerate it, because if you look up just a little, it goes away.

I wonder if the amber welkynd would work for you. I think they cover a large area without having too bright a source point. Expensive in comparison, but if you only need one or two, not so bad a deal.
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 12 2018, 06:22 PM) *

I'm never happy with the way they attached a yellow glare/fog to the torches. Sometimes more is less. I put just one of the Nord ones under the provisioning station that Wizwen has in Snugpod, to add flames, and the yellow fog fills the place. I tolerate it, because if you look up just a little, it goes away.

I wonder if the amber welkynd would work for you. I think they cover a large area without having too bright a source point. Expensive in comparison, but if you only need one or two, not so bad a deal.

Yeah, those torches are def too bright; but the ones in the entryway (that are blindingly bright) are just a tiny white candle hidden inside the bust (exactly how I did it at Hunding House, and it was never too bright there). The candles in the entry are still blinding; but were really an improvement over the torches in there; believe it or not. Those torches in the entry were so bad it was like entering the red sun of Krypton walking in that entry, lol. The reflection in that entry is really bad; every bit of light bounces off it in that small enclosed place.

All this time I thought it was that they put a gloss/reflective quality on those white walls and the red tiled floors; (even the sarcophagus bottom gleams in there!). I thought maybe covering the walls with something like ivy would help cut down on the glare.

But you are right about the fog; I've seen it too. I kept wondering if it was that old Bethesda trick like they did in Skyrim of filling the houses with indoor fog; never occurred to me it might be caused by the lights! I thought the lights were just illuminating it.

Whatever I have to change it out for; it has to be something I can make; and I have to wait to buy mats to redo it till after I buy those new attunable tables on the 22nd. The prices on the mats are ridiculous right now; stuff MM is showing at 7 a piece are going for 250-350 each. The lacquer for the Alinor stuff says 2000 on MM = it is up to 7500 per each and rising now.

What I'll probably do is use my son's free house to test out alternative lighting for in there; plus visit friends houses and see what they have used and if it works better with less glare and fog; then swap the torches out a few at a time as the prices of mats drop again. (starting with that blinding entryway).

mALX
Okay = last night one of our sister guilds gave us (everyone in Chorrolites) temporary permissions to to use their guild hall while ours is moved to the new location. They have two guilds: (SneakyBo and Shatners) = so if you are members in either guild, you already have access to their guild hall.

If not; you will probably need to use an addon to use their facilities: It is the Primary Residence (Linchal Grand Manor) of: Sereph1

Haute already has access to it as a member of the SneakyBo guild; (so do I) = but we need to know if someone who isn't in their guild can travel to it without any problems. (though I'm pretty sure you will need the addon to do it).

Before I start moving anything; will someone who isn't a member of either of those guilds test out traveling to their guild hall? And we need to hear from Grits on this too; because she uses the crafting facilities A LOT, and I don't want her left without if she doesn't have either of the addons that let you port to other's houses.

The two addons for porting to friend's homes that I know of are:

Port To Friend's Homes

(or)

Essential Housing Tools

ghastley
"/house @Sereph1" worked for me. That's using EHT, of course, now I've uninstalled PTF I can't try that.

I assume it's a work in progress, as I saw a few items out of place, but not in the way. A stack of carpets, a lightpost parked at random, etc.

mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 13 2018, 01:23 PM) *

"/house @Sereph1" worked for me. That's using EHT, of course, now I've uninstalled PTF I can't try that.

I assume it's a work in progress, as I saw a few items out of place, but not in the way. A stack of carpets, a lightpost parked at random, etc.

I don't know about the lightpost, but the stack of carpets is for the "Magic Carpet" addon that allows you to use 3 carpets to "run in place" and access any heights in your house's cell. For example, people are exploring that tower to the right of the Psijic Villa with it! I want to get it just to see that tower!

Grits
Jerric just visited the new Guild Hall, and it is fantastic! I’ve been out of town and just now am catching up with things. I love that the sets are in alphabetical order! Tythis and Nuzhimeh have very nice spaces. Jerric used the outside jewelry station to do a bit of decon, it’s great to have that there. The walk up to the indoor crafting sets is no problem at all.

There are so many pools to swim in! Jerric helped out with the horses and then went for a waterfall splash. Thank you for this fabulous Guild Hall, mALX!
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 16 2018, 07:34 AM) *

Jerric just visited the new Guild Hall, and it is fantastic! I’ve been out of town and just now am catching up with things. I love that the sets are in alphabetical order! Tythis and Nuzhimeh have very nice spaces. Jerric used the outside jewelry station to do a bit of decon, it’s great to have that there. The walk up to the indoor crafting sets is no problem at all.

There are so many pools to swim in! Jerric helped out with the horses and then went for a waterfall splash. Thank you for this fabulous Guild Hall, mALX!

Our first new Guild Hall screenshot! How did you get Jerric to rake? is it "/rake" ??? I want to try it out, I've never seen that emote before!

Okay, my biggest fear is that in cramming these tables up to make them fit downstairs may cause some issues with glitching accessibilities on the tables. The

(So if anyone has trouble activating any tables - please let me know right away).

I am going to get in there today and try to spread them out a bit better than they are now; just couldn't do it yesterday = was too sick of those tables at that point, laugh.gif Three times yesterday I had to move full rows of tables to either adjust them to fit; or once to make room for the new sets coming that I'd missed, urgh. rollinglaugh.gif

ghastley
Talking of new stuff, let me know what my crew can contribute. We've been short of the capability before now, but it's our turn to add something.
mALX
Anyone who wants to contribute gold/vouchers/or mats toward the three new sets coming on the 22nd = Woo Hoo!!! Send whatever you want to get rid of, lol.

Okay, here is today's results:

** Added all generic equipment tables to the courtyard outside for convenience in doing daily writs - and even with them all set up we still have 40 slots empty!!!!

*** Also, decided to try out the second floor. We had our tables on platforms at Hunding House and never had a problem with them, so here's hoping our good luck continues with that!

Here is the new layout: (and it looks SO much better than it did yesterday!!! )

Adept Rider - Kagrenac's Hope = Downstairs Left Side

Kvatch Gladiator - Redistributer = Downstairs Right Side

*Seducer (Armor of the) - Willow's Path = Upstairs

* Armor of the Seducer can be found under "S" as "Seducer," since the Dev's chose to name it differently from the armor itself (thought it best to stick with what the table is called).

** Coming October 22: New sets!

Grave Stake
Might Of The Lost Legion
Naga Shaman

Alphabetical Order of Crafting Sets in Guild Hall:

Downstairs Left Side:

* Adept Rider

* Alessia's Bulwark

* Armor Master

* Ashen Grip

* Assassin's Guile

* Clever Alchemist

* Daedric Trickery

* Death's Wind

* Eternal Hunt

* Eyes of Mara

* Fortified Brass

***** Grave Stake (coming October 22)

* Hist Bark

* Hunding's Rage

* Innate Axiom

* Kagrenac's Hope

Downstairs Right Side:

* Kvatch Gladiator

* Law of Julianos

* Magnus' Gift

* Mechanical Acuity

***** Might Of The Lost Legion (coming October 22)

* Morkuldin

***** Naga Shaman (coming October 22)

* Night Mother's Gaze

* Night's Silence

* Noble's Conquest

* Nocturnal's Favor

* Oblivion's Foe

* Orgnum's Scales

* Pelinal's Aptitude

* Redistributer

Upstairs:

* Seducer (Armor of the)

* Shacklebreaker

* Shalidor's Curse

* Sload's Semblance

* Song of Lamae

* Spectre's Eye

* Tava's Favor

* Torug's Pact

* Trial By Fire

* Twice-Born Star

* Twilight's Embrace

* Vampire's Kiss

* Varen's Legacy

* Way of the Arena

* Whitestrake's Retribution

* Willow's Path

Grits
mALX, that's great! It is /rake, and he also did some /bucketsplash to fill up the water trough, but the picture looked pretty bad with my low settings.

I have a couple pf writs to send your way, and Elke will do a mats run tomorrow. Guild Hall, woo!
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 17 2018, 06:27 PM) *

mALX, that's great! It is /rake, and he also did some /bucketsplash to fill up the water trough, but the picture looked pretty bad with my low settings.

I have a couple pf writs to send your way, and Elke will do a mats run tomorrow. Guild Hall, woo!

Oh, I have to test that one out! I would love to be able to rake around the stables! And I never thought of using the /bucketsplash to fill the water troughs! That is Awesome!!! Tell Jerric thank you for tending to the horses!

Woo Hoo on the help, that will be awesome!

* Today I took down the alchemy planter; but can put it back up (with less in it this time) if anyone wants that touch around the Alchemy station. I liked it a lot; but it was taking up over ten slots! If I put it back up with just one or two mushroom groupings that will drop it down to 2-3 slots; so let me know if you really liked it there and I'll put it back.

* Last night I removed the candles from around the waterfall in the front courtyard where you first land. They looked really good, but added about 20 slots. Unfortunately, without them the waterfall doesn't pop anymore; so I want to do something to light it again = maybe some blue lighting plants would work better than the candles and use less slots. Any suggestions would be welcome!

* Two days in a row I've tested the tables and they've ALL worked perfectly, even those on the second floor! So WOO HOO!!!

(but please let me know right away if you do have any issues with them).

Acadian
Buffy just visited the new guild and you've done a very nice job! Everything seems to work and she even found the little area you made for her to relax in as she enjoys a waterfall, crackling fire and watches the horses. Screenshot. smile.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 17 2018, 08:35 PM) *

Buffy just visited the new guild and you've done a very nice job! Everything seems to work and she even found the little area you made for her to relax in as she enjoys a waterfall, crackling fire and watches the horses. Screenshot. smile.gif

Aw, I really wish I could transplant her tower here instead of that makeshift tent; (and really hope she finds it tolerable). I love seeing her in it though! Can she see the horses from her desk or lunch table? I hope so! Maybe she will get to see Jerric tending to the horses some times!

Acadian
Yep, when she turns around she can see the falls, horses, bed, fire - very nice. happy.gif
ghastley
I just dropped off some duplicate Psijic ambrosia recipe fragments at the guild bank, and noticed that there's now a complete set, if anyone was waiting on it.

And how do I send writ vouchers to mALX? Is the guild bank the only way?

---

P.s. Spreads likes the way the view from the Villa has a nice pink tinge to it.
haute ecole rider
@ghastley, I'm not sure if you can send it through the game mail the same way you can gold.

I'm sure mALX will be able to tell who deposited the vouchers in the bank - guild officers have a way of knowing who put what where.

And I'm confident that members of this guild are sensible and honest enough to know that the vouchers (and gold) are going for new set tables at our guild hall.

Speaking of our guild hall, mALX did a wonderful job setting up the tables. I was playing with EHT the other night (finally) and noticed that there is an option to set up crafting tables as pods or as rows. mALX may want to take a look at it and see if it would be helpful for her. @mALX, if you want, give me Decorating rights to the guild hall, and we'll get together one day and figure this thing out together!
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 20 2018, 09:51 AM) *

I just dropped off some duplicate Psijic ambrosia recipe fragments at the guild bank, and noticed that there's now a complete set, if anyone was waiting on it.

And how do I send writ vouchers to mALX? Is the guild bank the only way?

---

P.s. Spreads likes the way the view from the Villa has a nice pink tinge to it.

What a gorgeous shot that is!

You can just mail the Master Writs using the in-game mail; Grits mails them to me all the time whenever we are trying to get crafting sets for the Guild Hall. All donations for the Guild Hall are appreciated!

Both Grits and Acadian made large donations of mats/gold/and Master Writs a few days ago that allowed me to finish a stack of Master Writs I'd built up in anticipating these new sets coming out; and I had saved up gold as well (but I expected the new sets to drop in December, not October; so was kind of pressed - especially with the new Guild Hall dropping at the same time the new sets are coming out).

Although Jewelry Master Writs are almost impossible to get the mats to do them (and can't actually be done by individuals without taking a monetary loss) = the highest paying (vouchers) ones can be used as leverage in knocking down the prices of these tables bought for gold.

I have already bought the tables we could get with vouchers; and have ordered the balance from our supplier; so we are actually ready for this drop when it hits. At this point, anything donated toward the guild hall will go toward the sets coming out next June and possibly getting us a better (higher leveled) combat practice dummy; and sharing the costs of these sets we have already purchased (for the October 22nd sets).

Another way to donate toward these tables would be for someone to help me find and fight our way to the sets in Murkmire. I didn't find them on the PTS; and probably don't have time to look before it drops; so if any of you happen to find one and can message me and let me group and travel to you; that will be a great help. I hope to have all three sets in that Guild Hall by no later than Tuesday morning. (hopefully).

mALX
QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Oct 20 2018, 10:16 AM) *

@ghastley, I'm not sure if you can send it through the game mail the same way you can gold.

I'm sure mALX will be able to tell who deposited the vouchers in the bank - guild officers have a way of knowing who put what where.

And I'm confident that members of this guild are sensible and honest enough to know that the vouchers (and gold) are going for new set tables at our guild hall.

Speaking of our guild hall, mALX did a wonderful job setting up the tables. I was playing with EHT the other night (finally) and noticed that there is an option to set up crafting tables as pods or as rows. mALX may want to take a look at it and see if it would be helpful for her. @mALX, if you want, give me Decorating rights to the guild hall, and we'll get together one day and figure this thing out together!

Actually, everyone in this game can see who deposits what assets into guild banks. (except they can't see gold deposits or withdrawals; only items).

Click on any key to bring up all the Icons at the top of your screen. Click on the Guild Icon; and when the window opens; choose the Guild you want to see. Then click on the far right tab on that page (that Guild's History tab). On the left side of the window you will see a list of history you can view. Choose the "Bank" option for all bank activity; or you can choose just deposits or just withdrawals if you like.

But you are right; I do keep a history of every donation made toward the guild hall; and that included the Master Writs that Hazmick and Khajiit dropped in the guild bank that I removed and used for the getting of crafting set tables for the Hunding Guild Hall.

On that EHT setting up thing = I won't test it out at the actual Guild Hall; it was too hard to set all those tables up to take a chance on practicing with them.

But I do most def want to learn how to do that. Is it possible we could practice that somewhere else? That way, once I get good at it; I can use it in the future in moving the tables around when new sets come in.

ghastley
Laurie just went to the Villa to do a Master Writ, and found that she could only activate the Jewelry stations on the upper floor (one exception - Shalidor's woodworking). Same issue after leaving and coming back, twice.

That wasn't a big deal, as Song of Lamae is easy to get to, but then she found out she was out of grain solvent as well. Had to do five Blacksmith surveys to get enough. sad.gif

I'll send vouchers via the bank, unless Grits tells me how she manages it.

Edit: Looks like gold is the only currency you can send/deposit in guild bank. I can send sealed writs, but not vouchers. Bummer. Well, it will have to be writs, then. Laurie has quite a stash of nine-trait ones she can't do yet.
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 20 2018, 05:38 PM) *

Laurie just went to the Villa to do a Master Writ, and found that she could only activate the Jewelry stations on the upper floor (one exception - Shalidor's woodworking). Same issue after leaving and coming back, twice.

That wasn't a big deal, as Song of Lamae is easy to get to, but then she found out she was out of grain solvent as well. Had to do five Blacksmith surveys to get enough. sad.gif

I'll send vouchers via the bank, unless Grits tells me how she manages it.

Edit: Looks like gold is the only currency you can send/deposit in guild bank. I can send sealed writs, but not vouchers. Bummer. Well, it will have to be writs, then. Laurie has quite a stash of nine-trait ones she can't do yet.

I ran right over there to fix the tables and every one of them was working. (I am supposed to find the offending table and reset it; but I couldn't get any of them to not work - I even logged out and back in while in there and they still all worked.

What it means when it does that is that the tables spawned before the floor; so when the floor spawned they were sunk into the floor just enough to screw up the table activating like it should. (so going back out and in; reloading UI; or logging out and logging back in should handle it. Make sure nothing is running in the background that might slow down the loading of the cell.

The best thing to do is = if I am online, PM me in game so I can come over and catch it not working with you and reset it. The only times that might be an issue is on Saturdays and Sundays when I work the auctions for Shatners and Sneakybo Guilds.

Also, when they aren't working like that = If I'm not online; write a /bug report on it. We need to get the Dev's to fix the spawning priorities so this stops happening.

If we keep having issues with it, we will need to find a work-around; sorry about this Ghastley (and if anyone else is having issues with them; please let me know right away).

ghastley
Another visit, and this time it was all working. I think what determines it is whether she actually needs to use the tables upstairs. If not, then they work.

Laurie was making Taminwe's Hunding's pieces, which of course are early alphabet, and downstairs. Last time, she wanted Song of Lamae for a master writ, so that wasn't working. And they didn't for a Willow's Path writ. And when it happens, all the jewelry tables can be activated, but we don't have Summerset, so they don't do anything for us. There's a pattern here for the paranoid. tongue.gif
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 22 2018, 11:14 AM) *

Another visit, and this time it was all working. I think what determines it is whether she actually needs to use the tables upstairs. If not, then they work.

Laurie was making Taminwe's Hunding's pieces, which of course are early alphabet, and downstairs. Last time, she wanted Song of Lamae for a master writ, so that wasn't working. And they didn't for a Willow's Path writ. And when it happens, all the jewelry tables can be activated, but we don't have Summerset, so they don't do anything for us. There's a pattern here for the paranoid. tongue.gif

I wondered if your game was just experiencing one of those really bad lag spikes; but now I see it is Zen getting even with you for not buying Summerset, rollinglaugh.gif

mALX

Thanks to Grits, Hazmick, and Khajiit's manpower and guidance = all new crafted sets are IN the Guild Hall! (not forgetting to mention Acadian's and Grits's donations that helped get the tables in the first place!!!) Your help was VERY appreciated, for everything!!!

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 22 2018, 12:35 PM) *

Thanks to Grits, Hazmick, and Khajiit's manpower and guidance = all new crafted sets are IN the Guild Hall! (not forgetting to mention Acadian's and Grits's donations that helped get the tables in the first place!!!) Your help was VERY appreciated, for everything!!!

Lol Khajiit was just along for the ride, but is glad Brenna was able to give some small measure of assistance! So good to have those new sets, the Naga one looks like it is a good defensive set for magicka types.

Khajiit unloaded all of his Hollowjack chapters into the guild bank in case he had some someone needed.
Grits
Thank you for your patience dealing with my lag issues! Jerric is going to plunder some skulls in the base zones after I spin the writ wheel for a while. Murkmire looks fabulous, once it renders! Thank you for the new sets!!

ADDED: Whoops, surprise maintenance. Looks like I'm not getting back on after all. kvright.gif
ghastley
I suspect the Hollowjack chapters aren't all equally likely to drop. Spreads got several duplicates, and they matched what was already in the bank. It won't surprise me if your duplicates are the same ones again.

I just need to keep an eye on when the event ends, as they're cheap to buy, if the whole set doesn't turn up on its own. Spreads wants to qualify for buying the Exorcised cottage for gold, and she's more than half-way there already.

Do the Hollowjack motif pages only drop in the plunder skulls? I wasn't watching too closely.

Edit: Yes they do, just looked it up. Spreads has only half the pages from more than 50 skulls, so she'll finish the 100 skull achievement before she gets them all, as duplicates get more likely, the more one has.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 22 2018, 01:06 PM) *

I suspect the Hollowjack chapters aren't all equally likely to drop. Spreads got several duplicates, and they matched what was already in the bank. It won't surprise me if your duplicates are the same ones again.

I just need to keep an eye on when the event ends, as they're cheap to buy, if the whole set doesn't turn up on its own. Spreads wants to qualify for buying the Exorcised cottage for gold, and she's more than half-way there already.

Do the Hollowjack motif pages only drop in the plunder skulls? I wasn't watching too closely.

Edit: Yes they do, just looked it up. Spreads has only half the pages from more than 50 skulls, so she'll finish the 100 skull achievement before she gets them all, as duplicates get more likely, the more one has.

Well if you haven’t already checked the Guild Bank today, do so anyway. There may be something in there you can use. I need to check one other character to make sure he isn’t holding onto more chapters.
ghastley
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 22 2018, 02:24 PM) *

Well if you haven’t already checked the Guild Bank today, do so anyway. There may be something in there you can use. I need to check one other character to make sure he isn’t holding onto more chapters.

With the way they're dropping for her now, I think that if she gets the whole motif, they'll suddenly drop a complete second set, just to annoy her.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 22 2018, 01:31 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 22 2018, 02:24 PM) *

With the way they're dropping for her now, I think that if she gets the whole motif, they'll suddenly drop a complete second set, just to annoy her.

Lol
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 22 2018, 02:01 PM) *

Thank you for your patience dealing with my lag issues! Jerric is going to plunder some skulls in the base zones after I spin the writ wheel for a while. Murkmire looks fabulous, once it renders! Thank you for the new sets!!

ADDED: Whoops, surprise maintenance. Looks like I'm not getting back on after all. kvright.gif

I wondered if whatever issue they were having is what caused your excessive lag earlier. Hopefully this will fix it for you! I so appreciated your standing by Misa despite that; it was good to have a strong Nord to help fight those swampy beasts!

All in all, I think Murkmire is very cool - really surprised they are going to give it away for free in those daily rewards!

ghastley
Spreads much appreciates Khajiit's contribution of Hollowjack chapters. They were exactly the ones she needed, so now it's just skulls, skulls, and more skulls.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.