Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mojave Meanderings and Wasteland Wanderings
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Fallout Games Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 16 2016, 01:19 AM) *

I have been having a lot of fun with Hecate, so I am thinking of going back to playing her in FO3. Either picking up where I left off with her after finishing Broken Steel, or restarting her all over again fresh.

One does not simply start all over again nono.gif

laugh.gif
Lopov
AHEM. 'scuse me while I kiss this guy.

laugh.gif

I chuckled as Cho's trying to tell his father to slow down but he just keeps going on and on about the Project Purity and by the time conversation ends, he's already sprinting towards the Jefferson Memorial.
SubRosa
I did it! I beat New Vegas like a ginger stepchild.

This time I went with an Independent/Yes Man approach. I found the Side Bets quest to gather allies rather frustrating, as it seems the Boomers are the only faction I was truly able to enlist the help of. The game would never allow me to ally with any of the others, in spite of doing all their quests. Which makes doing it all rather pointless. At least playing the NCR side I was able to enlist the support of groups like the Khans.

OTOH, it was rather fun watching General Oliver being thrown off Hoover Dam! laugh.gif

So now I think it is time to head back to the Capital Wasteland. I am not sure who to play. I might want to start my new Coyote Shaman. But I have been having a good time with Hecate. I think I might want to play her. If I do, I am not sure if I want to continue with her old game where Broken Steel was finished, or start a brand new game all over again with her.
SubRosa
QUOTE(mirocu @ May 16 2016, 10:05 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 16 2016, 01:19 AM) *

I have been having a lot of fun with Hecate, so I am thinking of going back to playing her in FO3. Either picking up where I left off with her after finishing Broken Steel, or restarting her all over again fresh.

One does not simply start all over again nono.gif
laugh.gif

Hecate simply walks into Mordor starts the game over again... biggrin.gif

I did restart Hecate all over again in Fallout 3 last night. This time I am using FO3 Flora Overhaul, which gives the game a whole new look and feel. Not to mention it is more realistic, given how the area around Chernobyl has shown that plant life can not only survive massive radiation, but thrive in it. I think I might also give Farms of the Wasteland a try with it as well.

Hecate is one of my only characters to ever follow the main quest, or use any of it with her history. For my other characters like Holland Smith, Oda Hidetaka, or Molly Hatchet the tutorial in Vault 101 was just a strange dream. This time around when listening to the note from Dad on Jonas' body, my ears honed in on Daddy James saying "Don't try to follow me." So that is exactly what Hecate is thinking. That a-hole left her, fine. FINE! smile.gif He's the last person she wants to find in the Wasteland.

I have also been trying to pay attention to the names of everyone in the Vault, and looking them up on the Wikia. Its a tangled web of familial relationships. We all know about Butch's mother because saving her from the roaches is one of the first things you do. But this time out I finally figured out that you end up killing the family members of the other two Tunnel Snakes during the breakout. Paul Hannon jr. is a Tunnel Snake, and his father is the Security Chief you run into on the Atrium second level. Wally Mack is the third Tunnel Snake, and his brother is Stevie Mack - the guy torturing Amata. Their father is Allen Mack - the guy with the red ballcap you see through the glass on the second floor of the Atrium where you fight Security Chief Hannon. He's pounding on the glass saying its all your father's fault. If you kill the Overseer in the tutorial, Allen Mack becomes the new Overseer.
mirocu
I agree, after 200 years the "Wasteland" wouldn´t be a wasteland, at least not as it is in the game. But I won´t use the mod because I already have Oblivion... biggrin.gif

---------------------------

Another tour around the Wasteland today, this time in the area of German Town and Roosevelt Academy a.k.a Deathclaw City 2. I usually see three or four of them on potrol, one after the other. Looks rather funny laugh.gif

Came across three groups today which was a bit of a handfull tbh. First group was disposed of with Gunny and the second group with the help of some Outcasts. When the third group came, well, then I was really over my head. I initially attacked a single Deathclaw and I thought it was the only one when four more came up from under a bridge - Eeep! ohmy.gif

Needless to say I sorely missed my Vulcan minigun at that time tongue.gif
Renee
I spent some time gaming with Cho today. He is at Paradise Falls, and just wiped out all the Slavers who dwell in the outdoor portion of PF. This took awhile to accomplish. Halfway through his sniper attacks / running out of there to heal up, he remembered seeing a Mez gun (I forget what they're officially called) on one of the NPCs he killed.

So yeah, he also mezzed a few of the Slavers, which is fun! They get all confused sometimes.

mirocu
I tried the Mezz once but it seemed to not work or maybe I missed by a hair so I haven´t bothered with it since. Also, I want to keep the ammo in my *cough cough* collection.. biggrin.gif
SubRosa
Cho was enslaving the slavers, that is delicious! Talk about karma coming back to them!
SubRosa
I had the world encounter of the Wasteland treasure hunters fighting a Deathclaw today. It was really neat this time around, because one of the Wastelanders was directly between Hecate and the Deathclaw. So she could not get a good shot. The Deathclaw was going after the same guy, and would have ripped him to a hundred pieces in the time it would have taken Hecate to move sideways to get a clear shot. So she took the shot anyway, threaded the bullet right over his shoulder, and straight into the Deathclaw's head. One shot, one kill. Granted I was using VATS, but it was still awesome.

That felt so cool. Just like something from a movie. Hecate really lived up to her namesake that time.

Afterward the same guy she had saved gave her the map to the Mirelurk King's treasure. Which I think is Rock Creek Cavern, on the north side of the DC Ruins. Hecate tried talking to one of the other Wastelanders, and she just said "mind your own business." laugh.gif If Hecate had been the kind of person to do that, that chick would have been a Deathclaw treat.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 31 2016, 08:31 PM) *

I had the world encounter of the Wasteland treasure hunters fighting a Deathclaw today. It was really neat this time around, because one of the Wastelanders was directly between Hecate and the Deathclaw. So she could not get a good shot. The Deathclaw was going after the same guy, and would have ripped him to a hundred pieces in the time it would have taken Hecate to move sideways to get a clear shot. So she took the shot anyway, threaded the bullet right over his shoulder, and straight into the Deathclaw's head. One shot, one kill. Granted I was using VATS, but it was still awesome.

That felt so cool. Just like something from a movie. Hecate really lived up to her namesake that time.

Afterward the same guy she had saved gave her the map to the Mirelurk King's treasure. Which I think is Rock Creek Cavern, on the north side of the DC Ruins. Hecate tried talking to one of the other Wastelanders, and she just said "mind your own business." laugh.gif If Hecate had been the kind of person to do that, that chick would have been a Deathclaw treat.

I like the deathclaw attacking someone else random encounters, because you always get something out of them good from the encounter; like the map to the Mirelurk King treasure (I think you are right about where it is); a deathclaw schematic; the coordinates to Oasis; and one guy was a merchant and had a bunch of stuff on him. And once it was Riley's Rangers, and they loaded me up with bullets after it was over!

mirocu
I liked the Donovan encounter. Totally didn´t expect to meet him far out in the wastes smile.gif
SubRosa
Whenever I see Donovan's name I instantly think of is this... wink.gif

Even after playing this game for years, I still discover new things. Yesterday I learned that the parking meters actually work! Yes, if you click on them, you will hear the knob turn and see the little flag come up showing how much time you have on the meter.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 5 2016, 12:20 AM) *

Whenever I see Donovan's name I instantly think of is this... wink.gif

Even after playing this game for years, I still discover new things. Yesterday I learned that the parking meters actually work! Yes, if you click on them, you will hear the knob turn and see the little flag come up showing how much time you have on the meter.

I never knew the parking meters worked!

mirocu
It didn´t take long for me to discover that. Are you guys sure you´re really Beth fans? biggrin.gif wink.gif tongue.gif

Have spent the last half hour painstakingly walking all the way from the chapel up north-west to Megaton. Both Gunny and I over-encumbered from all the loot wacko.gif
Renee
*click*

IPB Image

Pipboy App ON, Date: 12.28.77, 11:46

unidentified female voice: WHAT IS IT?

Wait right here, okay? Okay, Doctor Lee? Her name is Doctor Lee, Pipboy App.

unidentified female voice now identified as Doctor Lee: Well alright. Hurry back!

I will. And seriously, chill Doctor Lee. Seriously, I'm good at this. I've been running around the Wasteland for weeks. I need to scout ahead, you know, to look for other enemies? Because I know how to use a gun and you don't? Hello? .... Break.

Okay, you're probably wondering what the hell is going on, so I'm about to tell you. A lot has happened. I think my father might be dead, first of all. I mean, I saw him take a pretty mean shock. And ... he fell. I mean, there's always a chance I'm wrong but .... there was nothing I could do. Literally nothing. It [censored] sucks. What if he's dead? Break.

The Enclave have soldiers who are coming after me, coming after us. Coming after those who survived, which is me, Doctor Lee, and some other Doctor dude. So I'm running through what are known as the "Iunidentified word tunnels. That word is spelled capital T-A-F-T, Pipboy App. We're running through the Taft tunnels. Dealing with Enclave. And they have these pretty mean laser gun things I've never seen before. And all I've got is my measly Winchester rifle, which is starting to fall apart, and a sawed off shotgun, for close range. Break.

But still, they keep dying, while I keep living. So that goes for--[censored] somebody up ahead. Enemies. Gotta go.

*click

Pipboy App OFF, 12.28.77, 11:46
Lopov
He wanted to be a baseball player but instead Cho's going to save the wasteland. wink.gif
mirocu
Almost died today by three Deathclaws. Found out the hard way that the rocket launcher isn´t the best close-range weapon there is... biggrin.gif
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 8 2016, 11:17 AM) *

Almost died today by three Deathclaws. Found out the hard way that the rocket launcher isn´t the best close-range weapon there is... biggrin.gif

BWAAHAA! It isn't even that great for distance since even just bandits can live through a direct blast from it sometimes; lol. But it sure is cool to see the explosions it causes, especially if you can hit parked cars with it!

SubRosa
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 8 2016, 11:17 AM) *

It could have been worse. Imagine if you had the Fat Man!
Winter Wolf
It is worse for me. I am using a 10mm handgun in FO4 that shoots overpowered mini nukes.

3591 damage at close range does tend to ruin Chalice's complexion. laugh.gif

It also has a range of 70,000
mALX
QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Jul 9 2016, 12:46 AM) *

It is worse for me. I am using a 10mm handgun in FO4 that shoots overpowered mini nukes.

3591 damage at close range does tend to ruin Chalice's complexion. laugh.gif

It also has a range of 70,000

HOLY COW!!!!!! Nice little snub nose! WOO HOO !!!!!! I want one! *drool, drool*

** Er, screens of some exploding overpowered mini-nuked enemies would be nice!

Winter Wolf
I'll see what I can do, mALX!

Xbox is a lot more tricky than PC when taking screens during combat but I will give it a go. smile.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Jul 9 2016, 04:27 AM) *

I'll see what I can do, mALX!

Xbox is a lot more tricky than PC when taking screens during combat but I will give it a go. smile.gif

Do the vehicles blow up in Falllout 4 like they did in Fallout 3? I had a ton of fun blowing up cars and buses in FO3; especially in places where there were a lot together - really disappointed me that New Vegas didn't have that.

Oh, lucky you on the XBox! Nothing compares to the XBox when playing a game with explosions; the controller going off in your hand with each blast !!! I miss my 360 a LOT playing FO3, it is just not the same on the PC! (although getting unstuck on the PC is easier, laugh.gif )

Winter Wolf
Yes, the vehicles do explode like FO3 but there does not seem to be as many here. I do remember the good days in FO3- nothing will compare to that. smile.gif

Sorry everybody for adding some screen pics here in this thread. Just replying to a request from mALX!

I promise to leave such things elsewhere from now on. smile.gif

Now where is that gun?

And where are those pesky rabbits?

Ahh, there you are!

Bombs away

Explosion 1

Explosion 2

It is hard to capture moments on Xbox, but it is still pretty cool. Not for the ghoul, of course. laugh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Jul 9 2016, 06:47 AM) *

Yes, the vehicles do explode like FO3 but there does not seem to be as many here. I do remember the good days in FO3- nothing will compare to that. smile.gif

Sorry everybody for adding some screen pics here in this thread. Just replying to a request from mALX!

I promise to leave such things elsewhere from now on. smile.gif

Now where is that gun?

And where are those pesky rabbits?

Ahh, there you are!

Bombs away

Explosion 1

Explosion 2

It is hard to capture moments on Xbox, but it is still pretty cool. Not for the ghoul, of course. laugh.gif

Oh, your controller is AWESOME !!!!

SPEW !!!!! OMG, the ghoul is wearing a nightie? rollinglaugh.gif

Oh wow, that ammo is big!

HOLY CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO !!!!!!!!!

Oh, it doesn't get any better than this !!!!!! Is that second screen still from that one shot? HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, it doesn't get any better than this; that is totally AWESOME !!!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing those, I SO appreciated that !!!

mirocu
Cool gun and pixies, WW. Anything firing mininukes is cool by default laugh.gif
Acadian
I think I need one of those PipBoy personal devices! Wow, plenty of destruction going on there. biggrin.gif
SubRosa
Acadian: One of the versions of FO4 comes with a pipboy! Like the super ultimate edition or something...

Raining Death is an awesome name for a gun!

Wascly wabbits!

Cool, Raining Death actually rains death! ohmy.gif
Lopov
Ben Stevens barely survived a gunfight at the Nipton road Pit Stop. I was 100% convinced that it's over but his great luck saved him.

He & Niner were walking from Nipton to the Mojave Outpost when some friendly Jackals jumped on them - Niner fought well but since all Jackals focused on him because he was closer, he was knocked unconscious fairly quickly and old Stevens was standing all alone against two jackal leaders in metal armor, armed with cowboy repeaters and three other raiders. He managed to get rid of the three fairly quickly but two raiders with powerful weapons and metal armor represented a serious threat, hitting him both at once. All I know is that the first of the two had almost full health when Bet got a lucky shot at her and her health was reduced to one tiny strip. laugh.gif The next shot then killed her but at the same time Ben ran out of .357 ammos and had to rely on much weaker Varmint rifle against the remaining leader. But after a few shots the story from before repeated except that this time Ben was even more luckier and killed the leader with one hit. At the end of the fight he leveled up and it seemed fair to increase his luck for one more point. BTW, he used 13 stimpaks during the gunfight.
Winter Wolf
Thanks folks! It was fun taking some of those pics!

mALX- The first explosion was the direct hit from the mini nuke. The second explosion was actually a few seconds later as the nearby vehicle exploded. If Chalice was any closer she would have been holding hands with the ghoul as they visited the Nine together. laugh.gif

The ghoul was wearing a nightie. I didn't even notice that!

Lopov- Don't you hate it when you run out of ammo. A varmint rifle against the leader and your follower goes down- that is one bad day right there! 13 stimpaks. laugh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Jul 9 2016, 07:34 PM) *

Thanks folks! It was fun taking some of those pics!

mALX- The first explosion was the direct hit from the mini nuke. The second explosion was actually a few seconds later as the nearby vehicle exploded. If Chalice was any closer she would have been holding hands with the ghoul as they visited the Nine together. laugh.gif

The ghoul was wearing a nightie. I didn't even notice that!

Lopov- Don't you hate it when you run out of ammo. A varmint rifle against the leader and your follower goes down- that is one bad day right there! 13 stimpaks. laugh.gif

These screens were AWESOME !!!!!!!

Renee
Yes those are lovely screens Winter Wolf. Good lord FO4 is colorful & awesome looking. biggrin.gif

Newsflash: Cho Zenwahn destroyed President John Henry Eden. I don't want to post spoilers but man was that awesome to blow that sucker up! ... And now Fawkes is following Cho around, until he gets back to the Citadel. Which is fun all by itself. Fawkes makes a good companion.

Lopov
Fawkes is my favorite companion from Fallout(s). Such a likeable mutie! laugh.gif Oh and IIRC it's actually a she, at least that's what Fawkes hints at in some dialogue.
mirocu
Running, gunning, collecting, almost dying... Ho-hum, business as usual.

I just wish something fun happened after you activated enough parking meters! tongue.gif

Edit: ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Cho blew him up?? Won´t someone think of the patriotic music?? panic.gif panic.gif
Winter Wolf
Thanks Renee! And mALX, of course. biggrin.gif

Fawkes is a hard get for my characters. By the time I meet him my karma is looonnng gone...

I think I have only achieved him once on 8 characters. tongue.gif
Renee
*SPOILERS*

Fawkes is awesome, definitely a powerhouse, but the problem with him is he doesn't get along with people. Cho took him into a house in Arefu and the guy went commando on them. indifferent.gif This sort of thing can NOT happen in Megaton, omg that would suck. Cho also protected Grandma Sparkle.

John Henry Eden disappears from the game after Ravenrock is destroyed, and this means no more radio channel. sad.gif Honestly, I like the music on that channel. I like hearing patriotic music within the context of the game.

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 15 2016, 11:00 AM) *

I just wish something fun happened after you activated enough parking meters! tongue.gif

This is how a feel about ham radios. Just once I'd like to find one that connects to somebody out there!

Cho Zenwahn has now met up with the Lyons Pride, and they're about to hopefully go kick a lot of ass. They're all going to the water purifier place.
mALX
QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 16 2016, 12:09 PM) *

*SPOILERS*

Fawkes is awesome, definitely a powerhouse, but the problem with him is he doesn't get along with people. Cho took him into a house in Arefu and the guy went commando on them. indifferent.gif This sort of thing can NOT happen in Megaton, omg that would suck. Cho also protected Grandma Sparkle.

John Henry Eden disappears from the game after Ravenrock is destroyed, and this means no more radio channel. sad.gif Honestly, I like the music on that channel. I like hearing patriotic music within the context of the game.

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 15 2016, 11:00 AM) *

This is how a feel about ham radios. Just once I'd like to find one that connects to somebody out there!

Cho Zenwahn has now met up with the Lyons Pride, and they're about to hopefully go kick a lot of ass. They're all going to the water purifier place.

I liked hearing both radio stations as well; it was nice to have a choice; and I missed it when it was gone too.

Both these other things are Awesome ideas! random responses to activating meters or ham radios would make a nice side game of testing them to see what would happen! Really cool ideas!

mALX
QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Jul 15 2016, 11:01 PM) *

Thanks Renee! And mALX, of course. biggrin.gif

Fawkes is a hard get for my characters. By the time I meet him my karma is looonnng gone...

I think I have only achieved him once on 8 characters. tongue.gif

Thanks for the screens, they were Awesome!

Renee
mALX: you mean to say there's never a moment when ham radios work? sad.gif It's okay, because pretty soon I'll be on PC, where there's no doubt some mods for these radios. Why? Because me and Cho

B34T D@ G4M3!

earlier today. Well sort of. Cho got killed, but he died honorably. The end of the game is pretty intense, but wow, it really is an end! I'm not doing Broken Steel with Cho, well, not on Xbox anyways. Maybe I'll port his game over to PC eventually.
SubRosa
Congrats on beating the game! All Your Base Are Belong To Us! laugh.gif

Isn't Liberty Prime awesome? He is my all time favorite American Robot.
mALX
QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 16 2016, 07:00 PM) *

mALX: you mean to say there's never a moment when ham radios work? sad.gif It's okay, because pretty soon I'll be on PC, where there's no doubt some mods for these radios. Why? Because me and Cho

B34T D@ G4M3!

earlier today. Well sort of. Cho got killed, but he died honorably. The end of the game is pretty intense, but wow, it really is an end! I'm not doing Broken Steel with Cho, well, not on Xbox anyways. Maybe I'll port his game over to PC eventually.

The PC may allow altering the game to suit you; but I'm so glad you got to experience the game on the 360 first; because there is NOTHING that compares to playing Fallout 3 on the 360 - most especially the implosion of RavenRock and following Liberty Prime across that bridge and down to Project Purity; with the controller jumping in your hand and vibrating!

NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Renee
Ha ha ha hey, I never thought of it that way, mALX.

Yes, Liberty Prime is amazing, Florens. I can't wait to see what his stats look like in the GECK, or whatever the Fallout3 version of the Construction Set is called.

Lopov
Congratulations, Renee! goodjob.gif I wish I'd try Fallout 3 when Broken Steel wasn't released - since I didn't have any idea about what it does when I was playing FO3 for the first time, the game automatically continued after the ending sequence in the Jefferson Memorial. Only later I read online that without BS your character dies.

In other news, Ben Stevens never made it to New Vegas. sad.gif After helping the caravan against the Legion attack, his status with the Legion became "vilified" and a distance north of Novac, as he and Niner were headed for Boulder City, they were attacked by four high-leveled Legion assassins. Niner went down immediately and Ben was on his own against four well-armed legionnaires in powerful armor. He was heavily overwhelmed and the fight was over in a few seconds. indifferent.gif
Acadian
Aww, may Six and Nine rest in peace. sad.gif
SubRosa
QUOTE(Lopov @ Jul 19 2016, 10:16 AM) *

In other news, Ben Stevens never made it to New Vegas. sad.gif After helping the caravan against the Legion attack, his status with the Legion became "vilified" and a distance north of Novac, as he and Niner were headed for Boulder City, they were attacked by four high-leveled Legion assassins. Niner went down immediately and Ben was on his own against four well-armed legionnaires in powerful armor. He was heavily overwhelmed and the fight was over in a few seconds. indifferent.gif

Good night sweet prince. sad.gif
Winter Wolf
Oh, no, not Ben....

I am still working on the theory that Ben was set up by Niner. The Legion assassins made sure that he was not able to double cross them later. Don't ask me why. Just a hunch.

Perhaps the road north through Deathclaw country might have been better. biggrin.gif

Please him back as synth and just keep playing. cool.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 17 2016, 10:30 AM) *

Ha ha ha hey, I never thought of it that way, mALX.

Yes, Liberty Prime is amazing, Florens. I can't wait to see what his stats look like in the GECK, or whatever the Fallout3 version of the Construction Set is called.

The first time I played it following Liberty Prime across that bridge, the controller was jumping so much in my hand that it almost jumped out of my hand several times; I was jumping up and down and screaming with excitement; trying to get my husband and son to come in there and see what was happening on the screen, and in my hand.

To this day I have NEVER experienced anything like that moment in any game EVER! The only thing that ever came close was the implosion of Raven Rock - same thing happened, but to a lesser degree; and then of course darn Bethesda has Fawkes ruin the moment by immediately running up right then to force-talk to you and making you miss almost all of it.

On the computer, I was able to push Fawkes back to the gate and have him wait there and force greet me after it was all over; but it wasn't the same at all on the PC because half the thrill of that moment is in the controller going crazy in your hands making you feel every explosion; every helicopter blowing up like you are right there in person.

Fallout 3 was the MOST EPIC game I EVER played in my life = on the 360. On the PC, the same game is a great game, but no where near how epic it was on the 360.

SubRosa has suggested using the 360 controller on the PC game, I have the attachment somewhere; just have to find it. THAT would make Fallout 3 on the PC the ultimate and most epic game EVAH !!!!

There are other games I love more than FO3 (like ESO); but there has been no game before or after that could match it for epicness; but only when playing with that 360 controller; otherwise it is all just visual effects; which are great (but just not the same spectacular moment).

Winter Wolf
I can relate to what you say, mALX. I too would rate Fallout 3 as my favorite game that I played on 360. For me nothing will compare to that screen that gives you your first glimpse of the wasteland from the lookout. Oblivion was certainly cool when you left the sewer, but Fallout takes it for me.

In that one single moment I realized that the Bethesda Fallout world had been achieved. I didn't need to explore or anything, I could have just shut down the 360 after walking back inside vault 101 and still been happy. laugh.gif New Vegas had waaay too many bugs at release for me to feel anything special about it. I never grew to love that game until all the DLC had been finished and then I could could finally sit down and appreciate it. smile.gif

The controller does work great on PC, I would always hook up my old wired one and just keep on playing the modded version of Fallout 3 on PC. Nothing would compare to that first Liberty Prime moment though....

Just a shame there is no video of you going crazy jumping up and down. laugh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Jul 21 2016, 02:16 AM) *

I can relate to what you say, mALX. I too would rate Fallout 3 as my favorite game that I played on 360. For me nothing will compare to that screen that gives you your first glimpse of the wasteland from the lookout. Oblivion was certainly cool when you left the sewer, but Fallout takes it for me.

In that one single moment I realized that the Bethesda Fallout world had been achieved. I didn't need to explore or anything, I could have just shut down the 360 after walking back inside vault 101 and still been happy. laugh.gif New Vegas had waaay too many bugs at release for me to feel anything special about it. I never grew to love that game until all the DLC had been finished and then I could could finally sit down and appreciate it. smile.gif

The controller does work great on PC, I would always hook up my old wired one and just keep on playing the modded version of Fallout 3 on PC. Nothing would compare to that first Liberty Prime moment though....

Just a shame there is no video of you going crazy jumping up and down. laugh.gif

Oh yeah, when the light blinds you because there is no ozone to protect your eyes from the UV and it burns your eyes so badly!

Didn't the little book that came with the game warn you to wear protective glasses or darkened sun glasses because of that? I remember reading that somewhere; and when that light first hits you as you emerge from the vault, I was worried the game was going to blind my character if I didn't wear them and quickly stuck on Jonas's glasses that I took after he died! laugh.gif

Glad to hear the controller works just as good on the PC; I will most def have to find that attachment; or may have to get a new controller with the attachment since we seem to have lost a lot of stuff in the move.

You are so right; the first time following Liberty Prime across that bridge on the 360 = nothing could ever compare to that moment!

BWAAHAA! A vid of me going bonkers, now what would be so different about that? rollinglaugh.gif

My son won't let me watch him play video games because I get too excited and irritate him by jumping up and screaming like a banshee when exciting stuff happens on it, laugh.gif (and point out loot containers he missed).

Lopov
1 Red

Red thought that nothing worse could happen to her than being abducted by Super Mutants and kept behind tightly locked bars in a small, damp cell in what used to be a police station before the war. Occasionally she heard her captors talking of carrying her and her friend Shorty, another abductee, to some place in the west, but she had no idea when was that about to happen.

Red hoped for some unknown hero to come and kill Super Mutants, save her from the uncertain fate and safely bring her back to Big Town. And He came...but he was far from any hero. That was when Red realized that what he had done to her, was much worse than her treatment by Super Mutants. After being abused, beaten, and humiliated, he put an explosive collar around her neck, tightening it so much that her neck veins bulged, and even something as simple as swallowing was causing her immense pain.

"Off to Paradise Falls with you, chick," he said while checking the collar. In his dark brown eyes Red could see that the slaver took pleasure in his business and she thought that she'd never seen anyone with such an evil look. "No lefts and no rights but straight to Paradise Falls. Understood? Claro? Else your head goes BOOM!" With his dirty hand he violently lifted her from the ground and forcefully shoved her against the opposite wall. "Go now! Run, baby, run! And tell them Rattler's sending you."

She lingered, her thoughts shifting to her friend Shorty..."maybe Shorty will come and save me in the last moment...maybe the bad man hasn't found him yet and he somehow managed to free himself..."

But then, as if Rattler'd read her thoughts, he grinned and said:"Thinking about your friend from the basement? I wouldn't count on him if I were you...Shorty, that's his name, right? I mean was. I think he was still too long. I shortened him some more. Shortened him for his head."

She couldn't get Rattler's final words and his grinning teeth out of her mind as she was running to Paradise Falls, scared that her head might explode if she didn't get there in time. But she did. And now she was a slave, like so many others, sharing her space in what her captors called "the meat pen" together with other "collared-ones".

But any fate is better than being a slave. On the third day of her captivity, Red intentionally began fiddling with her collar. She had no idea what she was doing but she knew that messing with it will sooner or later cause an explosion. Tears were running down her face as her fingers were trying to loose the collar's grip around her neck, and after about a minute or so, slavers heard a loud explosion from the meat pen.

Red was saved.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.