Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mojave Meanderings and Wasteland Wanderings
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Fallout Games Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59
mirocu
I have currently 55509 caps and keep scavvinī the Wasteland and following random people around tongue.gif

Some pixies:

Following a Robobrain
A view over Tenpenny Tower
My Nuka Collection (excluded are the Empty Nuka Cola Bottles. I think there are about 120-ish)
SubRosa
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 18 2013, 06:19 AM) *

I have currently 55509 caps and keep scavvinī the Wasteland and following random people around tongue.gif

Some pixies:

Following a Robobrain

That doesn't look like Lothran! ohmy.gif Have you been stepping out?! laugh.gif
ImperialSnob
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 18 2013, 11:19 AM) *

Some pixies:

Following a Robobrain
A view over Tenpenny Tower
My Nuka Collection (excluded are the Empty Nuka Cola Bottles. I think there are about 120-ish)

Drop all the caps in room and be Scrooge McDuck of the wasteland.
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 18 2013, 01:42 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 18 2013, 06:19 AM) *

That doesn't look like Lothran! ohmy.gif Have you been stepping out?! laugh.gif

I upgraded his gear just a tad biggrin.gif

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 18 2013, 02:17 PM) *

Drop all the caps in room and be Scrooge McDuck of the wasteland.

That could be fun! Then my dead Mr Handy would surely get burried laugh.gif

---------------------------

Today it happened! Today I finally found the last SPECIAL bobblehead!! biggrin.gif

It was the Luck bobblehead. Unfortunately I got max Luck a long time ago so the stat boost was useless tongue.gif But as a collector, I donīt care! happy.gif I also found nearly ten new Nuka Cola bottles and a few Empty ones as well. No Quantum though this time īround.

Now Iīm busy visiting all the merchants again to sell off all the things I gathered smile.gif
SubRosa
I just noticed, you have nukalurk meat! There are Nukalurks?!? ohmy.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 18 2013, 08:59 PM) *

Indeed there are. Theyīre down below in the Nuka-Cola plant smile.gif
ImperialSnob
I might put my NV playthrough on a hold and start a modded Fallout one,the only thing,MOTHER TRUCKING METROS!

They almost ruined the game for me.
SubRosa
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 19 2013, 06:15 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 18 2013, 08:59 PM) *

Indeed there are. Theyīre down below in the Nuka-Cola plant smile.gif

Oh, that's why I do not remember them. I have not had a character go there in a long time.
ImperialSnob
I don't think I've ever went there.

I hate Lurkys(that's what I call 'em).
mirocu
Today Lucky Harith downloaded me as a follower! biggrin.gif

Iīm currently following him around while listening to GNR and carrying around a car tire laugh.gif Why? huh.gif Because I love to hear Harithīs remarks:

-Cut it out!

-Give it a rest, will ya?

-You are easily amused.

-Is that really necessary?

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
mirocu
Some more pixies smile.gif

Ok, left armīs gotta go! wink.gif
Well, if you didnīt run away after telling me this I could take a look at it dry.gif
They were never off in the first place! tongue.gif

-------------
Today I did basically two things; downloaded and installed a mod that respawn interior cells plus go to Little Lamplight to get the Wazer Wifle. Strange that I didnīt meet Biwwy before, I have been there a few times but never met him huh.gif
mirocu
Tīis a big day today! biggrin.gif

Cause today not only did I pass the 300 hour mark, but I also encountered Uncle Leo for the second time! laugh.gif cake.gif
It was around the waste disposal place. I had been walking along with an Outcast patrol since Old Olney from where we went south-west and later straight west.

I saw him in the distance and mistook him for a regular mutie (not surprising, really) and shot him with my Blackhawk. Upon doing that I saw who it was and ran up to talk to him. I was afraid the Outcast patrol was gonna engage him but apparently they know heīs friendly. He even helped out killing off some Talons, but the one Outcast with a missile launcher shot at the same time, taking away a huge portion of Leoīs health.

Anyways, thatīs my 72 cents for today! biggrin.gif
mALX

GAAAAAH! How have I been missing this thread?

SubRosa
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 26 2013, 11:27 AM) *

Tīis a big day today! biggrin.gif

Cause today not only did I pass the 300 hour mark, but I also encountered Uncle Leo for the second time! laugh.gif cake.gif
It was around the waste disposal place. I had been walking along with an Outcast patrol since Old Olney from where we went south-west and later straight west.

I saw him in the distance and mistook him for a regular mutie (not surprising, really) and shot him with my Blackhawk. Upon doing that I saw who it was and ran up to talk to him. I was afraid the Outcast patrol was gonna engage him but apparently they know heīs friendly. He even helped out killing off some Talons, but the one Outcast with a missile launcher shot at the same time, taking away a huge portion of Leoīs health.

Anyways, thatīs my 72 cents for today! biggrin.gif

Cents? What are those? You mean caps right? wink.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 27 2013, 01:11 AM) *

Cents? What are those? You mean caps right? wink.gif

DīOH! *facepalm*

----------------
Some pixies smile.gif

Sneak-advertising for Oblivion! tongue.gif
Hmm. Damaged gnome to D-4
Load list!

----------------
And an update! happy.gif

Once again re-scavvinī proves to be a good idea! biggrin.gif

Iīm currently going through L.O.B again and I have so far found lots of scrap metal, pre-war money and other goodies I apparently missed out on first time through. Iīm also able to collect alotta stuff I simply couldnīt carry before because I was too weighed down on picked-up weapons and other things.

But what surprised me was that I found yet another Quantum!! ohmy.gif It was right there on the floor for the taking! panic.gif Oh, but it should be worth mentioning that this time through Iīm using the Pip-Boy light hehe.gif

Apart from that I was also able to collect 12 regular Nuka-Colas (so far) and 4 pencils. Yes, I have just started on another collection! tongue.gif
mirocu
Tīis a big day!! Cause today I found yet another Quantum, plus the Experimental MIRV!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I finally got around to re-revisit the Depo and get down below. This is my story in Fallout 3; I always end up forgetting to get back to collect more stuff. When Iīve sold all the first loot I always end up going out to explore new areas instead, thus missing lots o stuff! tongue.gif

I also got past 70.000 caps. Oh, yeah cool.gif
SubRosa
Congrats! That mirv makes a big boom, even though you can only shoot it once or twice in the entire game.

I have the same problem with places like the National Guard Depot or the Wheaton Armory. I think the final rooms in both require a lockpicking skill of 100, which few of my characters ever got to.
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 3 2013, 06:02 PM) *

Congrats! That mirv makes a big boom, even though you can only shoot it once or twice in the entire game.

Thanks! happy.gif But what do you mean by only firing it once or twice? It canīt make that big of a boom that it Eradi Kates everything! tongue.gif

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 3 2013, 06:02 PM) *

I have the same problem with places like the National Guard Depot or the Wheaton Armory. I think the final rooms in both require a lockpicking skill of 100, which few of my characters ever got to.

The Depo only requires that you find the holotapes. But of course that can be hard enough wink.gif
mirocu
Today I found a nearly completely destroyed house not far from Charnelīs house. I have obviously never discovered it before since everything was locked and otherwise untouched. The place had a couple Nuka-Colas plus one Quantum! biggrin.gif It also had a sawed-off shotgun with some ammo and a few other stuff.
What surprised me was that the shotgun, Nuka-Colas and a few other stuff was marked as owned, meaning I lost karma for stealing. I definitely didnīt expect that.

And now some stuff Iīve collected:

99 Deathclaw hands
85 Purified Water
69 Lunchboxes (70 with my real one tongue.gif )
565 pre-War Money
22 pre-War Books (junk)
28 pre-War Books (real) Unfortunately Iīve sold some of these. I think I should have had at least ten more otherwise.

Oh, and I also recently got Sydneyīs Ultra smile.gif
ImperialSnob

Now I have to play FO3 again!

There goes my productivity....what am I talking about?I don't do anything productive anyway!

The one thing in that game,that is the bane of my bleeding existence is Metro Tunnels!
SubRosa
QUOTE(mirocu @ Aug 3 2013, 12:08 PM) *

Thanks! happy.gif But what do you mean by only firing it once or twice? It canīt make that big of a boom that it Eradi Kates everything! tongue.gif

The problem is that it uses something like 8 mini-nukes per shot. Anty saved up every mini-nuke she came across, and still only had enough ammo to shoot the thing twice.
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 8 2013, 05:28 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Aug 3 2013, 12:08 PM) *

The problem is that it uses something like 8 mini-nukes per shot. Anty saved up every mini-nuke she came across, and still only had enough ammo to shoot the thing twice.

I knew that it took 8 per shot, but Iīve got like 60+ of them nukes. But yeah, it wonīt be a shooting fest with it! tongue.gif

Found the last Nuka Grenade schematic today, btw! smile.gif
Renee
Well I have so much to write, so much that I've already done with my two Fallout 3 characters. Problem is, I've got to go to bed soon. Got a big day tomorrow; we're actually going to D.C.

I may as well introduce my two characters. Start there, I suppose.

Cho Zen~Wahn is an Asian male. I have heard that in Fallout 2, the PC is the "chosen one", but the name of my first character happens to be pure coincidence. Cho's got a clean cut, Bruce Lee kind of look to him. I'll get a screen shot eventually.
With Cho, I put a lot of points into Unarmed Combat, because I wasn't sure how good I'd be with a gun. He's also a Scientist (this is just cool) and a Doctor. All of this makes sense to me, since Cho's dad is also a scientist and a doctor. I forget what other skills I boosted for Cho, but he's got the Daddy's Boy perk. I think he's Level 3.

My other character is a Hispanic female, named Marge N. Overra. Get it? Margin of error. wink.gif Yuk yuk. I went to New Jersey a few days ago, and I kept thinking that I'd like have a female character, so here she is. Compared to Cho, I also gave Marge a lot of points in Medicine and Scientist, but I boosted Small Guns instead of UC. I gave her the Quick Learner and Gun Nut perks, too, and have subsequently boosted Repair, Explosives, Speech, and Melee Combat most of all. Marge is Level 4.

I am playing FO3 on Easy difficulty, since I'm a n00b. I also do a few things differently in this game, compared to TES. I use the compass, for instance, sometimes with the quest marker on. This makes sense to me--the PC's got a Pipboy on his/her arm at all times, and it's got a ton of information on it. I like to think my characters are constantly checking the compass out, therefore.

I also use the Crosshair (noooo!) But hey. This game's all about survival. In TES, I feel the crosshair is cheating (for me) but I have no prob using it in FO3. I can't aim worth a damn without it while using a gun.

I believe Cho was helping some kid get rid of some fire ants last I saw him. And Marge is doing a bunch of minor quests for Moira Brown: the latest is killing a bunch of mole rats her a stick which is supposed to repel them.

I did not think I'd enjoy FO3 as much as I have been.
mirocu
Weclome to the Capital Wasteland, Renee! Finally you got started on it!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Lets see if you can beat me on this: 320 hours (so far) on one character hehe.gif

---------

As for myself, Iīve kept doing what I always do; shootinī lootinī and sellinī. Iīm up to 80.000 caps right now and Iīm doing my best to collect as many shotgun shells as possible as I feel the regular shotgun in Point Lookout will be one of my main weapons there.

-----

Just found the Miss Launcher. Or rather, just picked it up as I found it more than a year ago. First I thought it was a spelling mistake but in the back of my head I knew it could also be a unique variant. So I looked it up on the wiki and sure enough, it was smile.gif
SubRosa
Welcome to the Capital Wasteland! Moira's quests are a lot of fun, and will take you to a lot of places before they are done. I take it that Cho is in Greyditch, slugging it out with the giant, fire-breathing ants? That is a tough one, especially for a hand-to-hand character! But the reward is a good one (a stat boost).

You also may have noticed that you can only pick up Galaxy News Radio in the DC ruins. If you go to Chevy Chase, you can find radio station and help the d.j. fix his relay. Not the easiest quest, but afterward you can hear GNR everywhere.
SubRosa
Here is a map of the DC ruins, showing how you can get from one area to another. It can be really confusing, and frustrating, trying to get around without it. Its from an original that I found somewhere on the web, and I added some places to it that were missing (you can tell by the slight difference in the fonts).

The Fallout Wikia is the best source for info on all the Fallout games. Perks, locations, items, etc..., its all there.
Renee
mirocu: 80,000 caps? huh.gif Nice!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 14 2013, 04:11 PM) *

Here is a map of the DC ruins, showing how you can get from one area to another. It can be really confusing, and frustrating, trying to get around without it. Its from an original that I found somewhere on the web, and I added some places to it that were missing (you can tell by the slight difference in the fonts).

The Fallout Wikia is the best source for info on all the Fallout games. Perks, locations, items, etc..., its all there.

Awesome, thank you. Thanks both of you. Yes, Cho is in Greyditch, you are correct. One question: is there such a thing as a flame-resistant suit? Those fire ants are frickin' dangerous.

Marge N. Overra cleared Farragut Station, and has now found um.... Tepid Sewers, killing more mole rats. I like Moira's quests, to be honest. I'm not ready for anything really tricky, yet. Marge has run into some super-mutants, those things SUCK. OMG, I thought she was gonna die.

She has died once. I let it slide, though, I need to learn stuff before I get too serious. I think Cho's game will be pure DiD, though.

One more thing, good LORD I get the shivers while playing this game! indifferent.gif Marge is creeping around TS. I darken my TV screen if she's underground sometimes (just like I do in TES games), so when a mole rat starts running toward her, I can't help but get goosebumps & shivers in my head!

I hope I never become jaded of this game. I think maybe I'll become a little jaded perhaps. But right now, even a black ant or a vicious dog can get my adrenaline going!
SubRosa
I don't think there is any armor that makes you fire resistant. But if you finish the quest you get a 25% flame resistance! I know not much help now though. ohmy.gif Those fire ants are so darn tough, I usually avoid that quest until my characters are higher level, and have lots and lots of ammunition. Mines are also very good against them. Same with grenades. Finally, the Entomologist perk really makes a big difference in that quest (it gives you +50% damage against giant insects).
Renee
Oh okay, thanks. Having a fire resistance will help, actually. There was some humanoid who threw fire at Marge the other day. May have been a flamethrower. Whatever it was, it's clear that ants aren't the only thing to worry about, so far as fire goes. Fire is more dangerous in FO3 than in TES.

Marge went back to Megaton for a few days. Brought some scrap metal to Walter, who runs the Water Processing facility. Um.... she also slept with Nova at Moriarty's, and brought her new dog (Dogmeat) with her from Megaton to Silver's ranch. She's walked the dog from Silver's place to Megaton and back at least 3x now. Dogs seem tougher in this game than in Skyrim, but I don't wanna lose Dogmeat to some stupid mutant or whatnot.

Oh, there was a robot running around in the wasteland firing lasers at Marge. The robot claimed she was an intruder or something. Marge managed to get above the robot (on a boulder) and then threw a couple grenades at it. The first one landed too far away, but the second one landed right near the robot BOOM! and down it went! laugh.gif That was an awesome moment.

Marge is doing yet another quest for Moira Brown. smile.gif Now she's supposed to get into a place filled with mirelurks. She killed one of these before the quest started; they seem kinda slow, but I'm sure they're dangerous if Marge gets too close.

Apparently the Mirelurk lair is in the middle of the Potomac? That's what the Pipboy is saying. Marge bought a radiation suit, just in case she has to get into some radioactive water.

mirocu
The rad suit is not the best armor though... unsure.gif Donīt forget to pop some Rad-Away! biggrin.gif And donīt follow Subīs link! ohmy.gif Stay away from the wiki, you know this, Renee!! panic.gif

---

Meself I just re-rescavved National Archives and found some very nice left-overs since my last visit. Among the finest was some pre-War Books (real!) and some pre-War money. Aside from this I have little else to tell. Iīm getting ready for Lookout which I will install some time in September I think.

Renee
What is Lookout, mirocu? smile.gif

I just got home, we went for a bicycle ride today! Perfect weather outside, so now I've got my door open, and am ready for some Fallout 3.

Marge N. Overra
got a new quest from Moira Brown, but it's way too far away from her present comfort zone. It involves retrieving some books from Arlington Library. indifferent.gif Too far away.

So she's retrieving a Stradivarius violin. Hold on, did I spell that right? Yep, Stradivarius. That's the problem with having just one screen, I have to change channels to look at the game. laugh.gif Anyways, she's supposed to get this violin, which is also kinda far away, but it's not as far.

She's figuring she can take it one step at a time. If things get too tough, she can always turn around. But this is a Bethesda game, so I'm sure she'll find plenty of things to do along the way..
SubRosa
Make sure you follow my link. You know you want to Renee! laugh.gif Seriously though, the wikia is very handy for figuring out how skills and perks actually work, when perks are available, what their requirements are, and so on. It really helps with building an uber toon to beat the game with (which I know you are going to want to do right?) wink.gif

That violin is not easy to get. The opposition is tough. Take care not to wander into the town next door (Old Olney) until you are really high level and can dish out a pile of damage.
Renee
I haven't looked at the Wiki yet, but I have gazed at the map. Thanks for all the tips. smile.gif I kinda doubted Marge would get anywhere near her goal, and I was right. She came across a band of Raiders (I think) except they were all packing these super machine guns. unsure.gif I forget their official name, these guns. Marge only managed to kill one of the raiders, but then I realized she had no stimpacks. blink.gif Dammit, I think she left them in the Super Duper Mart, or even worse, way back in Megaton.

She got beat up pretty bad, so now she's back in Farragut station, drinking radioactive water to heal up.

mirocu
QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Aug 15 2013, 07:53 PM) *

What is Lookout, mirocu? smile.gif

Itīs one of the DLCs called Point Lookout. The Fallout 3 equivalent of Shivering Isles, if you will. Meaning it adds a new land mass to which you can come and go as you please without having to complete the MQ.

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Aug 15 2013, 10:14 PM) *

..came across a band of Raiders (I think) except they were all packing these super machine guns. unsure.gif I forget their official name, these guns.

It was probably just 10mm Submachine guns. They can be pretty bad for a low-level character though. Especially if more than one raider has one.
Renee
That is exactly what they were: 10mm submachine guns.

Marge has hit a wall, it seems, now that she's Level 5. It's looking like ALL the raiders she finds in unexplored areas are now packing submachine guns, and (yes) there's always several of them. She keeps winding up limping away from this place, running from that one with a concussion. I appreciate the challenge but she's getting frustrated.

And she either used up all her Stimpacks, or she stashed them somewhere, but she can't find 'em mellow.gif There are no forms of income ATM (everywhere she goes, she can't make any headway) and while she had hundreds of caps last week, she blew it all and now is struggilng for currency. indifferent.gif Damn.

So she went back to Farragut Station, and is now in the Tenleytown part. Dealing with ghouls & radroaches. AT least ghouls carry bottlecaps often, as well as simpacks and other necessities. And they aren't smart enough to wield a weapon.

kvleft.gif
SubRosa
Sounds like a good time to hook up with a follower. There are several in the game to be had depending on whether you are good or evil. There is Dogmeat of course, though I can understand why you don't want him to get killed. Jericho in Megaton is a good choice for an evil character. Depending on where you are in the main quest there is Butch, Fawkes, and Paladin Cross. You can buy Clover at Paradise Falls but I don't think you have the caps for that. Same with Sarge RL3 at Robco, and Charon at Underworld.

And start using those 10mm submachine guns! They are good early game weapons, as you have noted from the pain they inflict!

You can buy stimpacks from Moira and the doctor in Megaton. You can also pay doctors to heal you.
Renee
Yes, she has found Dogmeat, and (you know me well) I don't want him to die. Marge keeps walking him from Silver's ranch to Megaton and back. Whenever she stops in one of those two locations, she picks up the dog and takes him for a walk.

I have noticed he can face more adversaries than a Skyrim dog. A Skyrim dog would have already been dead! But Dogmeat did take on multiple raiders, and multiple mole rats, while Marge was walking him from the scrapyard to Megaton the first time.

My first character Cho already spoke to Jericho; he's really a pr!ck. Lopov told me Jericho can only been bought by an evil character, just like you said. So that rules Jericho out. Marge (unlike Cho) has a small habit of stealing. She'll take bits of food from people's homes and stuff. She also stores a lot of her things in the Water Treatment locker, so she gets a steady stream of negative karma here and there. Despite this, the Pipboy is still describing her as "Good" A Dignitary.

Marge has found a submachine gun, by the way. But she don't need it down in the subway, so far.

SubRosa
If you disarm the bomb in Megaton, you can steal everything in the game is not bolted down, set children on fire, murder, loot, and pillage, and your karma will never drop below good. Vice-versa with blowing Megaton up on the opposite side of the scale.

Dogmeat is tougher than Pittsburgh steel. If you have Broken Steel installed he is neigh-indestructible (I think only kyrptonite can slow him down then). It's because every time you level up with Broken Steel installed, he gets a huge amount of health. He can get up to 15,000 hit points. After a while he can literally be nuked multiple times and not break a sweat. Usually when I find him in the scrapyard he has already killed the three or four Raiders there single-pawdedly.
Colonel Mustard
Welcome to the Capital Wasteland, Renee! Fallout 3's a great game, and I hope you have a good time with it.

If you're stuck in a rut, there's a couple of things I recommend doing:

1. Go subway spelunking in the DC ruins. Stick to the edge of the ruins (I wouldn't recommend going deep into the city until you're at least level 7 or 8) but that can be a good way to get caps, XP and ammo. Also, you can play some Russian music in the background while you play and have a dual Metro 2033 and Fallout 3 experience at the same time! That's like playing two great post-apocalyptic games at once!

2. Follow the Potomac to Rivet City, which can yield a good number of quests and places to explore.

3. Head into the house of that kid you meet in Greyditch (I think that's the name of the place with the ants); there's a Chinese Assault Rifle and some ammo just lying in there, which is an absolute boon to a low-level character.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 16 2013, 01:14 AM) *

If you disarm the bomb in Megaton, you can steal everything in the game is not bolted down, set children on fire, murder, loot, and pillage, and your karma will never drop below good. Vice-versa with blowing Megaton up on the opposite side of the scale.

You can, in fact, bounce back in karmic terms from blowing up Megaton; my character did it, and then later when I asked Fawkes if he wanted to travel with me he replied "No way, brah! You're a douche!" (my recall of the exact dialogue is teensy bit scrappy). So I had a complete turnaround; helped out people in Rivet City, joined the Regulators and gave lots of water to the guy who always wants water. Ended up with good karma and a completely reformed character, which is probably the most fun roleplay I've ever done.
SubRosa
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Aug 15 2013, 08:54 PM) *

Welcome to the Capital Wasteland, Renee! Fallout 3's a great game, and I hope you have a good time with it.

If you're stuck in a rut, there's a couple of things I recommend doing:

1. Go subway spelunking in the DC ruins. Stick to the edge of the ruins (I wouldn't recommend going deep into the city until you're at least level 7 or 8) but that can be a good way to get caps, XP and ammo. Also, you can play some Russian music in the background while you play and have a dual Metro 2033 and Fallout 3 experience at the same time! That's like playing two great post-apocalyptic games at once!

2. Follow the Potomac to Rivet City, which can yield a good number of quests and places to explore.

3. Head into the house of that kid you meet in Greyditch (I think that's the name of the place with the ants); there's a Chinese Assault Rifle and some ammo just lying in there, which is an absolute boon to a low-level character.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 16 2013, 01:14 AM) *

You can, in fact, bounce back in karmic terms from blowing up Megaton; my character did it, and then later when I asked Fawkes if he wanted to travel with me he replied "No way, brah! You're a douche!" (my recall of the exact dialogue is teensy bit scrappy). So I had a complete turnaround; helped out people in Rivet City, joined the Regulators and gave lots of water to the guy who always wants water. Ended up with good karma and a completely reformed character, which is probably the most fun roleplay I've ever done.

My guess is that you did the mq and activated project purity by yourself, and/or blew up the Enclave command center at the end of Broken Steel? Those are the biggest karma cash cows in the game. I usually never do the main quest beyond fixing up GNR, so typically never get either. Even so I have never been able to even stay neutral. After a while I started using a mod that made it harder to get good or bad karma, and I have always had good karma. Granted, my characters never enslaved people or blew up megaton, but they often stole everything in sight, and several did not hesitate to murder people they felt deserved it, like Doc Lesko in Greyditch.
Renee
Hey Mustard, good to see you. My first character, Cho Zen~Wahn, started the Greyditch quest, and got inside the boy's house. I don't remember if he picked up that assault rifle or not.

Thanks for all your tips. Marge N. Overra went from Farragut to Tenleytown stations, and spent several days trying to take down a group of raiders camped outside the Metro exit. A couple of them had rocket launchers. Marge had to run back to this one Navy cot a couple times to heal up, but she's a persistent one. She kept wanting to jump back into the pool!

She eventually got 'em all. The final one was the funniest; he had a rocket launcher, and he would stand in this one spot behind a car. Marge managed to get a rocket launcher of her own from one of the dead raiders, and tried to surprise-attack him using VATS, but her Big Guns skill sucks (it's only 16), and the launcher wasn't in such good condition, so she missed the final raider by a mile.

OH NO!

She began running away, expecting any moment the dude would blow up yet another rocket near her, but then we heard this giant BOOM! Turned around. The final raider had fired his missle right into the car in front of him apparently. laugh.gif Took the car and himself right out!

Marge also found some sort of recuiting center, so far full of Protection robots. She's blown most of them up with grenades. laugh.gif

Love this game.
+
mirocu
QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Aug 16 2013, 04:06 AM) *

Love this game.
+

Youīve come a long way already, havenīt you Renee? Considering you wouldnīt touch this game before. Iīm glad you turned around smile.gif

One thing about RL-3 outside the RobCo factory. If you want him you need to have neutral karma. Just so you know. Iīm surprised you found Dogmeat so soon btw. I didnīt until much later in my game. Have you tried making him fetch ammo or weapons for you yet?
Renee
Dogmeat already died. sad.gif It's Marge's fault, she was trying to bring him to the Super Duper Mart. There happened to be some raiders with submachine guns camped outside, and this NEVER has happened before. Anyways, one of the raiders hit the bus that's always sitting there. Marge saw this and ran, but she couldn't save her dog. sad.gif

I did not get him to fetch anything, but I have heard this can be done.

Oh, and I found out why my game is so hard, why there's Raiders with rocket launchers and whatnot. It's because the DLC "Broken Steel" comes with the game. A friend has told me to try to delete this, but the disc's files are not seperated. In other words, the DLC is not seperate from the game itself; it's all one big 5.5GB file.

But it's okay. This game is challenging, and I need a challenge. I'm enjoying it. Marge is making headway, slowly but surely.

mirocu
QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Aug 16 2013, 05:49 PM) *

Oh, and I found out why my game is so hard, why there's Raiders with rocket launchers and whatnot. It's because the DLC "Broken Steel" comes with the game. A friend has told me to try to delete this, but the disc's files are not seperated. In other words, the DLC is not seperate from the game itself; it's all one big 5.5GB file.

Thatīs strange. Even on the PC GotY itīs all seperated. Oh, well. You can always adjust the difficulty in the menu smile.gif
You plan on reloading to get Dogmeat back?

Oh, and I gotta ask. What box did you get? You couldnīt have gotten the original because then Broken Steel wouldnīt be on and you couldnīt have gotten the GotY because then you would have all DLCs.
Renee
QUOTE(mirocu @ Aug 16 2013, 11:57 AM) *
Oh, well. You can always adjust the difficulty in the menu smile.gif

Never. Absolutely not. It's survival, man, don't you see?

Oblivion is pretty much a cakewalk for me right now, and I predict that once Saga gets the ability for Spell Creation, it might get tougher as the levels go up, but it'll still be somewhat of a cakewalk. FO3 is not a cakewalk. I am fully focused and .... and .... immersed in this game.

And no reloading. Dogmeat's gone. indifferent.gif I'll see him perhaps in another game.

Oh, and I gotta ask. What box did you get?

I have GotY. Sucks that I can't delete that particular DLC, but I'll be okay.

The National Guard Depot (the place I called a "recruitment center" yesterday) turned out to be a dead end. Place was full of robots and gun turrets. She found some new weapons & ammo, and also a few Stimpacks, but she couldn't get past the final robot, despite the fact that she crippled its arms, it could still fire at her.

She then ran back outside, and headed a different direction. Found a place with a couple Super Mutants standing nearby, but she's low on ammo so she didn't even bother to fight them. Then, she climbed some nearby steps, and found a trio of Raiders up there. Once again, one of them had a rocker launcher. She got a critical shot to his head, but the guy didn't die.

So what she did is ran back towards the Super Mutant camp,, and then made a sharp left. Eventually raiders saw the super mutants and started fighting with them. The mutants lost, so Marge went and sought their camp later on. They didn't have anything she could use, though. Dammit. She's got 19 bottlecaps, and just 4 energy pulses in her laser gun. She just found a 10mm handgun, too. At least she's got something.

Marge is now in a place called "Shelter". I'm feeling good about this. I'm not sure what sort of enemies are here, but I'll tell you about it later.
mirocu
QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Aug 16 2013, 07:19 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Aug 16 2013, 11:57 AM) *

Thatīs strange. Even on the PC GotY itīs all seperated. Oh, well. You can always adjust the difficulty in the menu smile.gif

Never. Absolutely not. It's survival, man, don't you see?

I do wink.gif

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Aug 16 2013, 07:19 PM) *

And no reloading. Dogmeat's gone. indifferent.gif I'll see him perhaps in another game.

In my game Dogmeat died to a Giant Radscorpion. But I was "No way!" and reloaded. I wnats him alive verysad.gif

But you have the GotY you say. That means you have all the DLCs and can do Point Lookout too? smile.gif
Renee
Yes, I have Point Lookout. And also Anchorage, The Pitt, and Mothership Zeta. And Broken Steel. The box says my game has all the DLC, is this correct?

EDIT: Shelter is packed with Feral Ghouls. Cool, I hope they have lots of bottlecaps.
mirocu
QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Aug 16 2013, 07:29 PM) *

Yes, I have Point Lookout. And also Anchorage, The Pitt, and Mothership Zeta. And Broken Steel. The box says my game has all the DLC, is this correct?

Yep. You have every available DLC. As Garth said; Game on!! biggrin.gif

Renee

Well I have some good news. Marge disarmed the bomb in Megaton. I was expecting some lame reward: 50 caps and some tin cans, maybe, but WOW I didn't expect that her reward would be as grand as it is! And with her own personal robot? Holy flip!

She already got a new haircut (nice touch), I think she chose "Rough Night" this time.

Right now, she's too worn out to go rushing off again. She's gonna settle down for a while. I might just look on that Wiki, SubRosa, to see how long it takes for stuff to respawn. Wouldn't mind doing the easier stuff again, like Springvale Elem. School, the Super Duper Mart, and the Metro stations.

SubRosa
QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Aug 16 2013, 06:30 PM) *

Well I have some good news. Marge disarmed the bomb in Megaton. I was expecting some lame reward: 50 caps and some tin cans, maybe, but WOW I didn't expect that her reward would be as grand as it is! And with her own personal robot? Holy flip!

She already got a new haircut (nice touch), I think she chose "Rough Night" this time.

Right now, she's too worn out to go rushing off again. She's gonna settle down for a while. I might just look on that Wiki, SubRosa, to see how long it takes for stuff to respawn. Wouldn't mind doing the easier stuff again, like Springvale Elem. School, the Super Duper Mart, and the Metro stations.

Wow, sorry to hear about Dogmeat. He has never died on me, even against Super Mutants. If I were you I would just reload. But I know that's not your style.

Marge could try the road south from Megaton to the Library. Just follow the highway that is west of Greyditch. Its mostly lined with Raiders, so the loot is good. There is one bunch near the end with a rocket launcher and a turret though. But there are also plenty of locations to explore along the way as well, like the Nuka Cola plant, and the Red Racer factory. You might also try Operation Anchorage along the way. Its a computer simulation, so the gear you have does not matter. You can only use the things you get in the sim. It is not exactly easy, but the end rewards are pretty substantial.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.