Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mojave Meanderings and Wasteland Wanderings
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Fallout Games Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 30 2013, 06:31 PM) *

Whenever I find Quantums I think of you now.

You have the new AntAgonizer, I have the Quantum Collector biggrin.gif

Aaand, I did find another one today! What the hell, did my eyes even work before?? panic.gif

This one though I found in a house called Outpost which I for some silly reason havenīt entered before dry.gif
SubRosa
Have you seen the Nuka Cola House Theme? I stumbled across it today.
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 30 2013, 10:57 PM) *

Have you seen the Nuka Cola House Theme? I stumbled across it today.

panic.gif panic.gif I GOTTA HAVE IT!!!

Nah, seriously Iīm fine with my pre-war theme. Though that would have been nice to have as a vanilla option. Thanks, Sub. Iīll look into it a bit further smile.gif

Edit: Even though I stupidly gave away 30 Quantums to you-know-who, I have a whopping 47 other bottles now!! biggrin.gif
SubRosa
The AntAgonizer paid a visit to Andale.

Meat is not back on the menu...
mirocu
That place is sick and I donīt mean it in the good way. I fragged their buttocks with my Vulcan and shot their heads off with my sawed-off shotgun mad.gif

How many caps does she have now, Sub?
SubRosa
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jun 1 2013, 11:52 AM) *

That place is sick and I donīt mean it in the good way. I fragged their buttocks with my Vulcan and shot their heads off with my sawed-off shotgun mad.gif

How many caps does she have now, Sub?

I keep thinking that someday I will play an evil character and go the cannibal route (there is a perk for it after all), but I can never actually bring myself to do it. Some things are just too much, even for a game.

I just checked, and the AntAgonizer now has 8k and change. Almost time to enfranchise another water beggar. She already bought homes for the ones outside of Megaton and Rivet City. I think the wikia said there is one at Tenpenny Tower, but I do not remember seeing a beggar there.

Anty also gained the Quantum Chemist perk. So now she can turn ten regular Nuka Cola's into a Quantum. I have not tried it yet though. Been too busy blowing up Raven Rock...
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 2 2013, 01:38 AM) *

I keep thinking that someday I will play an evil character and go the cannibal route (there is a perk for it after all), but I can never actually bring myself to do it. Some things are just too much, even for a game.

Well, as long as you donīt create Hannibal the Cannibal to roam around the wastes, I donīt have to run after him with my Vulcan evillol.gif

Almost time to enfranchise another water beggar. She already bought homes for the ones outside of Megaton and Rivet City. I think the wikia said there is one at Tenpenny Tower, but I do not remember seeing a beggar there.

There is one outside the gate. I think heīs behind a tree or something.

Anty also gained the Quantum Chemist perk. So now she can turn ten regular Nuka Cola's into a Quantum.

Anty? whatta sweet nickname! happy.gif I really wish I had picked the Quantum Chemist perk.. But then again, it wouldnīt be a special thing when I found a regular one and I know I would miss that feeling. Some things are better off rare I think smile.gif

I have not tried it yet though. Been too busy blowing up Raven Rock...

Awesome pixie! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
SubRosa
Today Anty put an end to the Enclave. She still has some loose ends to tie up though, as there have been difficulties with the water shipments going out to the settlements across the Wasteland.

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jun 2 2013, 09:16 AM) *

There is one outside the gate. I think heīs behind a tree or something.

You're right, there he is! I did not see him the other times I have been there because he's behind the trees. That is one more beggar enfranchised.

Anty? whatta sweet nickname! happy.gif I really wish I had picked the Quantum Chemist perk.. But then again, it wouldnīt be a special thing when I found a regular one and I know I would miss that feeling. Some things are better off rare I think smile.gif

Does that make your character's nickname Quanticus Maximus? wink.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 5 2013, 01:59 AM) *

Does that make your character's nickname Quanticus Maximus? wink.gif

Only if heīd been a Roman tongue.gif
Diamandis
Wow, Great updates, guys! Where have I been? Haha

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 2 2013, 12:38 AM) *

This is such an awesome picture, SubRosa!

Well not much is new with Eva Bree...

Back to playing New Vegas for a while... missed hanging out with Cass and Veronica. It's strange. I play as an older Eva Bree in Fallout NV (I also plan to do this in Fallout 4... I just hope it's a reasonable time jump tongue.gif), and I've noticed how much different she looks than in Fallout 3. It's like the wasteland has taken it's toll on her looks. Her ruby red hair looks more sun-bleached and her skin is less vibrant.

Annyywwaayy

Eva just removed everything she could from her Lucky 38 penthouse and is attempting to decorate the place as best as she can. It's harder than it looks! Haha.

SubRosa
Anty has finished Broken Steel. With that her story feels done. So I have moved on to a new character: Mielikki. She is a melee character, and just finished Operation Anchorage.
mirocu
No more Anty!?? sad.gif
SubRosa
No more Anty. To me, characters are stories waiting to be told. I cannot keep playing them after their story is done. It just feels empty. So that is when they ride into the sunset, live happily ever after, or whatever trope is appropriate.

Mielikki did not click with me. So I fired up my old ghoul character Medusa and restarted her game from where she left the vault. I am having a good time exploring the DC ruins with her. So far she has only scratched the outer edges, and the banks of the Potomac. She just discovered Rivet City. But the plan with her is to explore every location in DC.
mirocu
Are feral ghouls friendly to Medusa? (Iīm thinking mods)
SubRosa
They are indeed friendly. I started with a ghoul mod I found on the Nexus, which I further tweaked. Feral Ghouls are friendly, and radiation does not harm her. Instead she gets some minor attribute increases to Endurance and Strength as she gets more irradiated. However, she also slowly loses radiation as time passes.
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 9 2013, 06:34 PM) *

radiation does not harm her.

Awesome! She can make the Vault 87 entrance her home then! There can be no safer place for her than there! The massive radiation will kill anyone who manages to get past her super mutie friends biggrin.gif
SubRosa
I was thinking she will have to make a trip out to Vault 87's entrance sometime! The Frankensteins are still hostile to her though, so she'll have to kill them first.
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 9 2013, 06:40 PM) *

I was thinking she will have to make a trip out to Vault 87's entrance sometime! The Frankensteins are still hostile to her though, so she'll have to kill them first.

I donīt get that. The ghoul Willow says they donīt care to bother ghouls and yet they do? huh.gif Anyway, canīt you tweak the mod a little more, to make muties friendly?
SubRosa
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jun 9 2013, 12:41 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 9 2013, 06:40 PM) *

I donīt get that. The ghoul Willow says they donīt care to bother ghouls and yet they do? huh.gif Anyway, canīt you tweak the mod a little more, to make muties friendly?

If I made the muties friendly then there would hardly be anything left to shoot! laugh.gif

Other ghouls do say the Frankies are a problem though. There is a random encounter where you meet a group of ghouls who say they were trying to make it to Underworld, but could not make it through the mutants. So maybe it is only the ghouls in Underworld itself that the muties leave alone?
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 9 2013, 06:47 PM) *

There is a random encounter where you meet a group of ghouls who say they were trying to make it to Underworld, but could not make it through the mutants. So maybe it is only the ghouls in Underworld itself that the muties leave alone?

I buy that, they only cover for those particular ghouls.

And you know, there would still be raiders, deathclaws, radscorpions and mole rats to shoot and maybe you could even have a behemoth as a friend? biggrin.gif
mirocu
Got back to the Capital Wasteland today. Random scavvinī in the D.C area proved fruitful, both in terms of caps added in the pocket to ammo added in the guns. Today I also switched the Xchtlowu (whatever) 5.56 rifle in favor of the great awesomeness that is the Vulcan minigun!! biggrin.gif

6000+ rounds should do it for now, left another 5000 rounds in my weapons locker in Megaton. Should I run out of my 6000+ rounds without finding new 5mm ammo, then Iīll probably revert back to the Xcjrtfglg (whatever) 5.56 rifle smile.gif
SubRosa
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jun 14 2013, 11:01 AM) *

Today I also switched the Xchtlowu (whatever) 5.56 rifle in favor of the great awesomeness that is the Vulcan minigun!! biggrin.gif

Mr. Spock had a minigun? I must have missed that episode. laugh.gif
McBadgere
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 14 2013, 07:17 PM) *

Mr. Spock had a minigun?

I had heard the rumours...*Raises eyebrow*...Mother will be disappointed...

Fascinating...
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 14 2013, 08:17 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jun 14 2013, 11:01 AM) *

Today I also switched the Xchtlowu (whatever) 5.56 rifle in favor of the great awesomeness that is the Vulcan minigun!! biggrin.gif

Mr. Spock had a minigun? I must have missed that episode. laugh.gif

Even he loves the trademark sound of the incredibleness that is the minigun! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Normal automatic rifle: ra-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta
The minigun: frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

laugh.gif
-----------------------

Another fruitful re-scavvinī in Fort Bannister. Found alotta Talon armors and laser rifles I apparently couldnīt carry last time around. Too bad I had to leave much behind this time as well as I already had alotta stuff with me as I have emptied every single trader in the Capital Wasteland and they wonīt re-stock in days! tongue.gif
SubRosa
Medusa has been mapping out the DC ruins. She's about halfway there, having cleared out The Mall, L'Enfant Plaza, Seward Square, Georgetown, and Vernon. I think Takoma Park will probably be next on her list.
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 15 2013, 09:41 PM) *

Medusa has been mapping out the DC ruins. She's about halfway there, having cleared out The Mall, L'Enfant Plaza, Seward Square, Georgetown, and Vernon. I think Takoma Park will probably be next on her list.

Aah, Takoma Park. I remember when I first got there happy.gif
SubRosa
Medusa has now fully explored all of DC east of the Potomac. Now she is working her way through Falls Creek, after clearing L.O.B. Enterprises.
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 16 2013, 10:00 PM) *

Medusa has now fully explored all of DC east of the Potomac. Now she is working her way through Falls Creek, after clearing L.O.B. Enterprises.

While collecting good lot, I sīpose? smile.gif

I sorta miss Anty btw, I must admit... kvleft.gif
mirocu
Iīm amazed I havenīt raided the Chryslus building yet! Just walked in there and found the map wasnīt there but super mutants everywhere ohmy.gif
I actually vagely remember going in there once but immediately going out again, deciding Iīd go through it some other time. Naturally I forgot all about it dry.gif

Iīve just cleared the whole upper part of the building and I have the lower offices and the basement left. As a collector of all things Nuka I am ever so happy to report I have found nearly 10 regular Nuka Cola bottles and no less than three (3)! Quantum bottles!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Edit: Chryslus Building is no more. I came out with over 25 Nuka Cola bottles, three Quantums, five Empty Nuka Cola bottles and two (!) Nuka Cola trucks! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Not to mention all the ammo, weapons and mish stuff. Iīm well over 40.000 caps and going for 50.000 cool.gif
mirocu
Iīm currently wandering around with an Outcast equipped with a minigun. It should prove useful to repair my own Vulcan with once heīs dead. Which is very imminent btw, he got badly hurt by a Deathclaw and is down to two dots on his health bar.
Weīre right west of Megaton and going north. Weīll see how long he survives hehe.gif
ImperialSnob
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jun 30 2013, 04:04 PM) *

Iīm currently wandering around with an Outcast equipped with a minigun. It should prove useful to repair my own Vulcan with once heīs dead. Which is very imminent btw, he got badly hurt by a Deathclaw and is down to two dots on his health bar.
Weīre right west of Megaton and going north. Weīll see how long he survives hehe.gif

So you're following him around?

That's probaly really intresting considering the way NPCs act.

I have to say,I prefer FO to TES in some ways like combat(TES' combat is really bad.)
mirocu
QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 2 2013, 10:50 AM) *

Whenever I find an Outcast patrol I almost always tag along. If nothing else itīs a change of pace (I always run otherwise) and I can score some snarky remarks and good loot by the end of the day wink.gif
Pseron Wyrd
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 2 2013, 04:05 AM) *

Whenever I find an Outcast patrol I almost always tag along.

I do this a lot in Skyrim, too. Skyrim adds a lot of random travelers walking the roads. Sometimes my characters like to accompany them. If the travelers look affluent I will sometimes roleplay that my character has been hired to be a bodyguard. smile.gif

I never thought of doing this in Fallout. I will have to give it a try.
mirocu
QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Jul 2 2013, 07:22 PM) *

I never thought of doing this in Fallout. I will have to give it a try.

In Fallout you almost always run around alone so tagging along when you could was a natural thing for me smile.gif
SubRosa
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 2 2013, 07:05 AM) *

Hey, shouldn't you be pounding rocks together or something? wink.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 2 2013, 10:58 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 2 2013, 07:05 AM) *

Hey, shouldn't you be pounding rocks together or something? wink.gif

I do that too! tongue.gif
ImperialSnob
BoS 4 lyfe son,Enclave and Outcast must die!

Also I just did the start of NV and now have Sunny Smiles as my companion(it's a really cool mod,they even put here lines together to make new lines,and it still sounds good)

Also I need to find glasses because I have the "Four Eyes" perk.
mirocu
QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 3 2013, 10:57 PM) *

WHERE WAS THAT PERK WHEN I GREW UP!??? rollinglaugh.gif

Could have used it! biggrin.gif

As for the minigun from the two-dotted healthbar Outcast, he survived every encounter during our travels and then I had to leave him due to encumbrance; the need to sell was abundant! Thus, he may still be alive but itīs ok, Iīm up to 47.700+ caps anyway! biggrin.gif
ImperialSnob
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 4 2013, 02:05 PM) *

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 3 2013, 10:57 PM) *

WHERE WAS THAT PERK WHEN I GREW UP!??? rollinglaugh.gif

Could have used it! biggrin.gif

As for the minigun from the two-dotted healthbar Outcast, he survived every encounter during our travels and then I had to leave him due to encumbrance; the need to sell was abundant! Thus, he may still be alive but itīs ok, Iīm up to 47.700+ caps anyway! biggrin.gif

Do you play on PC?
mirocu
QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 4 2013, 05:48 PM) *

Do you play on PC?

Have not been a hardcore console gamer since the death of the NES cool.gif
ImperialSnob
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 4 2013, 05:09 PM) *

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 4 2013, 05:48 PM) *

Do you play on PC?

Have not been a hardcore console gamer since the death of the NES cool.gif

Do you use mods?

You should watch GophersVids Modding Fallout 3 series if not.
mirocu
I only use mods I think should have been a part of the game from the start. Other than that I run a clean game, makes for a smaller save file and a much easier reinstall should I ever need it.
ImperialSnob
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 5 2013, 03:58 PM) *

I only use mods I think should have been a part of the game from the start. Other than that I run a clean game, makes for a smaller save file and a much easier reinstall should I ever need it.

If all you install is Project Nevada you're set.

Also I'm in Novac trying to get Boone(I know the quest,but it's bugging out a bit) and I got Primm an NCR sherrif.
mirocu
I FINALLY PASSED 50.000 CAPS!!!!

I fast-traveled to Vault 108 and from there hiked along with an Outcast patrol. They came into a fight and the brainiac with the missile launcher decided it could be fun using it as a close range weapon, effectively blowing up his own team member. I looted the Raiders and the Outcast member whereupon I got heavily overencumbered.

Thus I could only walk and lost the rest of the patrol. I decided to head back to Megaton when I stumbled upon another Outcast patrol, fighting off some raiders. After all were killed there was but one Outcast left who fell a remark I didnīt like...

Upon selling some of the stuff to Moira Iīm now past my halfway mark to 100.000 caps! happy.gif
mirocu
The other day I stumbled upon a Wastelander with a broken Mister Handy. I helped him fix it and then they started to walk. Being a follower ( I guess the Wastelander downloaded me from Nexus! tongue.gif ) I couldnīt help but tag along to ensure their protection and to have something to do smile.gif

It was a rather long walk. We started at the power station north of Minefield and passed German Police HQ, Big Town and now weīre outside the gates to Megaton where they seem to take a breather. At least they have stopped, maybe they wonīt go further than this. Anyways, lots of good loot found on the way! happy.gif
SubRosa
Wow, I do not think I have ever come across someone with a broken Mr Handy!
ImperialSnob
Gotta help the Boomers to get their muntions.

Also I used TGM to get to them because dodging artillery is a pain.

I CHEATED I'M SORRY!
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 10 2013, 09:14 PM) *

I actually think that was my second encounter, but Iīm not sure. This was the first time though that I followed them smile.gif

They stood outside Megaton for some time but now theyīre on the move again. Seeing that I just sold all the loot to Moira and Wolfgang, Iīm now ready to serve as their protector once again! laugh.gif

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 11 2013, 11:40 AM) *

I CHEATED I'M SORRY!

Donīt sweat it. I cheated my whole way through Duke Nukem 3D tongue.gif
mirocu
An update on the Wastelander and the formely broken Mister Handy smile.gif

Iīm stumped and amazed! During our travels we have almost passed through the entire map from the power station in the north all the way down to Rivet City! ohmy.gif

As I said, we started at MDPL-13 Power Station north of Minefield and traveled down to German Police HQ - Meresti Trainyard - Big Town - Springvale - Megaton - Fairfax ruins - Arlington Library - Irradiated Metro - Jefferson Memorial and finally we have now reached Rivet City.

Important note:
Neither of them were killed off at any time and the Wastelander is now enjoying a smoke outside the once great battleship. And I think I will cut them loose now. Weīre literally at worldīs end (laugh.gif) and going back will do nothing in the form of threats to kill off or loot to pick up, even if I had to sacrifice some stuff in order to be able to keep up with them as they walked faster than me.

Anyway, it was great fun but I think Iīll ask them to uninstall me as their follower now! laugh.gif
ImperialSnob
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 11 2013, 11:13 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 10 2013, 09:14 PM) *

I actually think that was my second encounter, but Iīm not sure. This was the first time though that I followed them smile.gif

They stood outside Megaton for some time but now theyīre on the move again. Seeing that I just sold all the loot to Moira and Wolfgang, Iīm now ready to serve as their protector once again! laugh.gif

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 11 2013, 11:40 AM) *

I CHEATED I'M SORRY!

Donīt sweat it. I cheated my whole way through Duke Nukem 3D tongue.gif

I cheated my whole way through oblivion......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.