Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mojave Meanderings and Wasteland Wanderings
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Fallout Games Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 13 2015, 02:16 PM) *

OMG, Baby Daddy changes races too! Maybe he was just pale from all the excitement when you were born? wink.gif I never noticed, because I don't always bother starting at the start, so to speak. I often start from a save I have from when where the game really gets going: when you are all grown up and Amata comes to you and says your father busted out. That is what I did this time with Molly in fact.

Yeah, at first I expected him to be black, then when he wasn't/stayed white - kind of thought he would stay that way! So it was really surprising to wake up as a toddler and suddenly he was black. They should have had that facegen screen before they brought Daddy James in so the changeover would be smoother, rollinglaugh.gif

I am really enjoying this playthrough, but I really thought there would be more of a difference in responses (like in Oblivion when you changed races). There isn't any difference that I've found so far in FO3, no racial diverse comments.

I normally have a save right at the vault door out to the Wasteland, but when I reloaded all my files after the laptop crashed last month - for some reason my Fallout 3 game saves weren't there - I thought Steam would have them, but they didn't.

Since I had to start over anyway, wanted to try something different with my character.

I am kind of glad I lost that last save game anyway, because I'd somehow ticked off Riley's Rangers in the game I was playing before my laptop went belly-up.

(for future reference, never enter their headquarters before the quest is on and they invite you - or maybe it was looking at Riley's private notes on her computer that did it).

All I know is that after fighting my way to the top of that hotel, Riley's Rangers attacked me - I had to turn off their AI and leave them on the roof, it was an awful scene.

SubRosa
Your race makes absolutely no difference in FO3 or FONV. Not even in the dialog. No one ever comments on it. You skin tone is about the only difference between the races. It is one of the things that disappointed me about the Fallout games. After having 8 playable races in TES, all with not only different appearances, but actual unique abilities, going to Fallout with only one real race (human) was a real let down. I wish they had ghouls and super-mutants playable. Maybe some other kinds of mutants as well.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 13 2015, 02:48 PM) *

Your race makes absolutely no difference in FO3 or FONV. Not even in the dialog. No one ever comments on it. You skin tone is about the only difference between the races. It is one of the things that disappointed me about the Fallout games. After having 8 playable races in TES, all with no only different appearances, but actual unique abilities, going to Fallout with only one real race (human) was a real let down. I wish they had ghouls and super-mutants playable. Maybe some other kinds of mutants as well.

That dialogue is what I was looking forward to, one of the reasons I decided to try this character! I really didn't expect them to show prejudice as much as I thought there would be some more affinity between my character and others of the same race, but there has been no difference in any responses.

In TES as a Khajiit I got a lot of derogatory comments that always had the word "fur" worked in the mix; ("Fur-licker," "Fur-ball," etc). But Maxical also got some very nice responses when she met other Khajiit that were most def particular to her being Khajiit.

As a Nord in Oblivion, Allesia got a lot of welcoming comments from other Nords; but was shown no prejudice from anyone due to her race; though it was mentioned by others in greetings, "Hello, Nord!"

Acadian's Buffy got some derogatory comments in Oblivion, but in Skyrim I've seen where someone called her "Little Elf," - loved that!

To me, those racial diverse comments were awesome! - And easy to achieve, not sure why it wasn't done in the Fallout games!

SubRosa
I always laughed when I played an Altmer in Skyrim, and a (shorter) Nord called me "Little Elf"!

Molly Hatchet has been doing Moira's Wastland Survival Guide, and slowly but surely exploring the world on the way. For example, getting to Minefield took her several trips. First she explored Springvale and cleaned the Raiders out of its school. The she went back to Megaton and sold off her loot. The next trip got her out as far as Bethesda, which she also cleared out before returning to Megaton to rest up. She didn't reach Minefield until the third trip. Then she made a fourth trip when Moira asked her to get injured, and stood on a few mines... ohmy.gif

Molly is currently on the way to study Mirelurks at the Anchorage War Memorial. On the way there that annoying Bryan Wilks came running out of nowhere at her, even though she wasn't close to Greyditch. I tried fast traveling, but nothing could shake the kid. So I used the console to shut down his AI and pause him where he was. Molly is only level 3, Fire Ants are a bit much at this point!

She continued on, and found the Teddy Bear factory. After loading up on bears her for bed back in Megaton, she headed down into the Sewer Waystation. She is currently working her way through the ghouls and bugs, and is hoping it lets out somewhere near the memorial. She has a stealth boy saved up for that, so hopefully she will be able to sneak by all the 'lurks inside.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 14 2015, 07:33 PM) *

I always laughed when I played an Altmer in Skyrim, and a (shorter) Nord called me "Little Elf"!

Molly Hatchet has been doing Moira's Wastland Survival Guide, and slowly but surely exploring the world on the way. For example, getting to Minefield took her several trips. First she explored Springvale and cleaned the Raiders out of its school. The she went back to Megaton and sold off her loot. The next trip got her out as far as Bethesda, which she also cleared out before returning to Megaton to rest up. She didn't reach Minefield until the third trip. Then she made a fourth trip when Moira asked her to get injured, and stood on a few mines... ohmy.gif

laugh.gif - I thought that saying was particular to Wood Elves, that is so funny they would say it to Altmer!

I always just jump off the balcony outside her shop, great for two broken legs, lol. If it isn't quite enough beware, because the second jump can kill you, lol.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 14 2015, 07:33 PM) *

Molly is currently on the way to study Mirelurks at the Anchorage War Memorial. On the way there that annoying Bryan Wilks came running out of nowhere at her, even though she wasn't close to Greyditch. I tried fast traveling, but nothing could shake the kid. So I used the console to shut down his AI and pause him where he was. Molly is only level 3, Fire Ants are a bit much at this point!

She continued on, and found the Teddy Bear factory. After loading up on bears her for bed back in Megaton, she headed down into the Sewer Waystation. She is currently working her way through the ghouls and bugs, and is hoping it lets out somewhere near the memorial. She has a stealth boy saved up for that, so hopefully she will be able to sneak by all the 'lurks inside.

I usually tell Bryan to find a safe place to hole up till I get to a skill level that can handle the ants, he hides in the same place you find him at the end of the quest no matter how long it takes you to return for him, lol.

Yeah, if you try to swim down to the Anchorage Memorial the Super Mutants along one shore and raiders on the other side will have a field day with you.

In that teddy bear factory, is that where they have the giant bear up on a tricycle up in the air, or is that the Red Racer factory?

I have yet to make it past those mirelurks without having a handful of Stealth Boys, laugh.gif

Molly has already passed me in this game, I'll have to get playing to keep up with her!

SubRosa
I like to jump off the porch in front of Moira's shop and onto the roof of the Church of the Atom. The first time I did it was to fix the leaky water pipe there for Walter. Now it is just fun! biggrin.gif

The teddy bear factor is officially called The Sewer Waystation. It is a little south and west of the Super-Duper Mart. It has a factory line with a huge amount of teddy bears on it. So it is a great place to stock up on them, especially when you are starting out and want to decorate! There is also a big sewer hatch that goes down into a long sewer line below. There are radroaches inside, and at least one radscorpion.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 14 2015, 09:53 PM) *

I like to jump off the porch in front of Moira's shop and onto the roof of the Church of the Atom. The first time I did it was to fix the leaky water pipe there for Walter. Now it is just fun! biggrin.gif

The teddy bear factor is officially called The Sewer Waystation. It is a little south and west of the Super-Duper Mart. It has a factory line with a huge amount of teddy bears on it. So it is a great place to stock up on them, especially when you are starting out and want to decorate! There is also a big sewer hatch that goes down into a long sewer line below. There are radroaches inside, and at least one radscorpion.

Oh, I love that water pipe quest, a good way to earn some caps early on - but that one pipe is really hard to find!

Does that sewer comes out right near the boat dock for Point Lookout? When I do anything in that area, I brave the couple radroaches and possible radscorpions and grab up all those bears too, lol.

Somewhere in the Wasteland is a factory with an overly large bear riding a bike hanging from the ceiling. I can't remember where you find it! laugh.gif

I might get my girl out and play a while in the Wasteland, try to catch up to Molly.

Edit: I found it, it is in the Red Racer factory.

This isn't it, but I found this instead and couldnt stop laughing - what happened to this side of Bethesda in Skyrim? Were there any Easter Eggs in Skyrim other than the Maiq the Liar sighting?

IPB Image

SubRosa
The gnome is taking pictures! biggrin.gif

Skyrim did have the Luke Skywalker reference in Bleakcoast Cave, with the skeleton hanging from the ceiling, and a sword stuck in the ground just out of reach.

A lot of the forts also have potions of fortify one-handed or two-handed in the toilets! laugh.gif
mirocu
Yay! Finally I can read Subīs updates and actually pretend to give a hoot! laugh.gif wink.gif

Love that teddy bear factory! Thanks for reminding me about it! happy.gif

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 15 2015, 07:25 PM) *

Skyrim did have the Luke Skywalker reference in Bleakcoast Cave, with the skeleton hanging from the ceiling, and a sword stuck in the ground just out of reach.

So did Morrowind but it was on Solstheim smile.gif
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 15 2015, 01:25 PM) *

The gnome is taking pictures! biggrin.gif

A lot of the forts also have potions of fortify one-handed or two-handed in the toilets! laugh.gif

I love what they did with the teddies and gnomes in Fallout 3! There were so many of them!

Bold: OMG, this had me rolling !!! I have not noticed that !!!

mALX
Here is one I had to wedge my way across a ledge along the top of a ruined warehouse in Old Olney to see (only available in the DLC where the Enclave choppers attack you in that Old Olney warehouse):

http://s242.photobucket.com/user/GTASynch/...son_02.jpg.html
SubRosa
That is hilarious! Naughty teddy bears! laugh.gif

Last night Molly made her way down to the library for Moira. Today she cleared it of raiders, and found the card catalog and recovered the archive. Along the way she found some pre-war books, and she sold them to Scribe Yearling on the way out. Swag!

Today she made her way back north along the highway, taking on one raider after another along the way. A giant radscorpion gave her a surprise. But about 7 frag mines whittled it down, and Molly finished it off with her axe.

She found a little sewer south of Greyditch and took on the feral ghouls inside. The place is filled with gas fumes, but since she's an axe user, that didn't bother Molly. Well, there were two Glowing Ones in there, and when one of them used its radiation explosion power, it set off the fumes, and the whole place went up in flames. Molly was not pleased that her hair was singed!

Now she is back in Megaton, with only researching Rivet City's history left on Moira's To Do list.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 16 2015, 09:05 PM) *

That is hilarious! Naughty teddy bears! laugh.gif

Last night Molly made her way down to the library for Moira. Today she cleared it of raiders, and found the card catalog and recovered the archive. Along the way she found some pre-war books, and she sold them to Scribe Yearling on the way out. Swag!

Today she made her way back north along the highway, taking on one raider after another along the way. A giant radscorpion gave her a surprise. But about 7 frag mines whittled it down, and Molly finished it off with her axe.

She found a little sewer south of Greyditch and took on the feral ghouls inside. The place is filled with gas fumes, but since she's an axe user, that didn't bother Molly. Well, there were two Glowing Ones in there, and when one of them used its radiation explosion power, it set off the fumes, and the whole place went up in flames. Molly was not pleased that her hair was singed!

Now she is back in Megaton, with only researching Rivet City's history left on Moira's To Do list.

OMG, that is so funny that she got all the way through with an axe only to be exploded at the end! That land mine trick is awesome, I will most def remember that!

Misa has almost caught up to Molly, she was just sent to the Library and got it on the map but hasn't gone inside yet.

mirocu
With Molly being a melee kinda gal, has she paid a visit to Stockholm yet? biggrin.gif
SubRosa
Mines are great against animals like scorpions, because they always come right at you in a straight line. So you can just run away and drop mines as you go. As long as it doesn't catch you, you are fine!

Stockholm? You mean Operation Anchorage? I am not sure if I will do that with Molly. She's a melee fighter, and that is more for a shooter. She might do the Pitt though. The Tribal Power Armor might look good on her. And Point Lookout is definitely on the list!

Last night Molly made it to Rivet City and poked around enough to learn its true history. Then she worked her way through more raiders to get back home in Megaton. That wraps up the survival guide. Since I made sure to do all the optional objectives, she got the Survival Guru perk. I went with all Strength/Endurance dialog this time, so it adds a +6% bonus to poison resist, rad resist, and damage resist. This is the first time I have ever had a character go that route. Thanks to already taking a rank in Toughness, Molly has a DR of about 28, and only wears merc armor.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 18 2015, 05:49 PM) *

Mines are great against animals like scorpions, because they always come right at you in a straight line. So you can just run away and drop mines as you go. As long as it doesn't catch you, you are fine!

Stockholm? You mean Operation Anchorage? I am not sure if I will do that with Molly. She's a melee fighter, and that is more for a shooter. She might do the Pitt though. The Tribal Power Armor might look good on her. And Point Lookout is definitely on the list!

Last night Molly made it to Rivet City and poked around enough to learn its true history. Then she worked her way through more raiders to get back home in Megaton. That wraps up the survival guide. Since I made sure to do all the optional objectives, she got the Survival Guru perk. I went with all Strength/Endurance dialog this time, so it adds a +6% bonus to poison resist, rad resist, and damage resist. This is the first time I have ever had a character go that route. Thanks to already taking a rank in Toughness, Molly has a DR of about 28, and only wears merc armor.

Geez, maybe I should have finished that quest! I've always taken the Dream Crusher perk somewhere around the last quest - I think it adds hit points, increases your chances of crit hits, and makes Moira repair your weapons much better and give you a discount for the rest of the game (but she sighs through the remainder of the game).

Misa is trying to catch up to Molly, here she stopped at Grandma Sparkles and asked if she'd seen a girl with a hatchet, lol:

http://i.imgur.com/8kGn2NQ.png?1

** Here is what the DreamCrusher Perk gives you:

This perk reduces an enemy's chance to critically hit the player character by 50%. When the Lone Wanderer receives this perk in-game, they also receive a 30% discount at Craterside Supply, and Moira's Repair skill raises to 72% condition (from 54%). This perk does not in itself grant these bonuses (her dialogue checks the quest stage of the Wasteland Survival Guide instead of the presence of this perk).

OMG, I've always gotten all the optional quests completed, I should have gone for the Survival Guru!

Survival Guru:

(complete all optional objectives) +6% Poison and Radiation Resistance Plus:

Normal Intel/Percep Str/End Agil/Char Snide
+15 HP +6 Medicine, +6 Science +6% DR +6 Sneak, +6 Speech +3% Critical Chance

Do ALL the answers have to fall within one category or is it whichever has the highest percentage?

SubRosa
Misa is wearing Recon armor. That is one of my favorite ones in the game. Especially the Outcast version, with its red and black colors. I see she sports a baseball bat too. Molly approves of her choice of a melee weapon.

I have never had the heart to crush Moira's dream! ohmy.gif sad.gif Wacky as she is, and responsible for so much pain on the part of my characters. laugh.gif

I am not sure how many of your answers have to be in a specific category. Usually I plan for it a specific way when I start, and so do all of them in that category. Plus of course, you need to have the right attributes at a high enough level. Though you can always get the standard answer, and the sly ones.

The Intelligence and Sneaky categories are kind of pointless, as it is only skill raises, and you can do that when you level up. The standard one is good, because it is extra hit points. The Sly one is really good, as bonuses to criticals are not easy to get. It is perfect for a sniper, or anyone who uses a weapon that has a high critical damage multiplier. The Strength one seems pretty good too, as that extra DR can add up with other things. It all depends on the type of character you are playing.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 18 2015, 09:03 PM) *

Misa is wearing Recon armor. That is one of my favorite ones in the game. Especially the Outcast version, with its red and black colors. I see she sports a baseball bat too. Molly approves of her choice of a melee weapon.

I have never had the heart to crush Moira's dream! ohmy.gif sad.gif Wacky as she is, and responsible for so much pain on the part of my characters. laugh.gif

I am not sure how many of your answers have to be in a specific category. Usually I plan for it a specific way when I start, and so do all of them in that category. Plus of course, you need to have the right attributes at a high enough level. Though you can always get the standard answer, and the sly ones.

The Intelligence and Sneaky categories are kind of pointless, as it is only skill raises, and you can do that when you level up. The standard one is good, because it is a extra hit points. The Sly one is really good, as bonuses to criticals are not easy to get. It is perfect for a sniper, or anyone who uses a weapon that has a high critical damage multiplier. The Strength one seems pretty good too, as that extra DR can add up with other things. It all depends on the type of character you are playing.

I bet you could wear certain clothing enchantments to boost whatever options you want to get. I never knew the Survival Guru perk was so good, and I'd get the full thing because I always do the optionals.

It really was hard to make myself burst Moira's dreams; and really the massive discount and better repairs were not as big a draw as the 50% less hit chance. At the time this comes up, it is always early in the game when you can be standing around a corner of a building and somehow still get hit by the enemy's bullets.

Yes, that is the Recon - I hate to admit it, but I consoled it into being. This is my first time playing NOT on the 360, the first time I've ever had access to the console - so kind of tried it out. I also nipped this one; so the Samurai can live this game:

http://i.imgur.com/UdJNYDk.jpg?1

mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 18 2015, 11:49 PM) *

No, I mean the VATS trick you can do where you can reach the guy called Stockholm whoīs one of the Megaton guards smile.gif

Love the Recon Armour too! Though I havenīt seen any Outcast version of it... huh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 19 2015, 03:03 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 18 2015, 11:49 PM) *

No, I mean the VATS trick you can do where you can reach the guy called Stockholm whoīs one of the Megaton guards smile.gif

Love the Recon Armour too! Though I havenīt seen any Outcast version of it... huh.gif

I haven't either, I'm going to have to console myself a set, lol.

Your comment made me go look up Stockholm and find out what you were talking about - half the people got up there to kill him, the other half got up there to reverse pickpocket great armor and weapons (which disappear from his inventory when he resets, lol).

SubRosa
This mod adds Outcast Recon Armor. Apparently the files are in the vanilla game, they just are not used. Babe Recon Armor adds a neat black set as well.

I used the console to get the samurai armor for two my characters as well! The last time I used this mod to add some new katanas as well.

I never knew that about Stockholm. So he is the guy who stands guard over the front gate at Megaton? I always wondered how he got up there, since there is no way up or down! laugh.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 19 2015, 06:22 PM) *

This mod adds Outcast Recon Armor. Apparently the files are in the vanilla game, they just are not used. Babe Recon Armor adds a neat black set as well.

Thanks! Already installed it! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 19 2015, 06:22 PM) *

I never knew that about Stockholm. So he is the guy who stands guard over the front gate at Megaton? I always wondered how he got up there, since there is no way up or down! laugh.gif

Havenīt tried it myself but I thought you had wink.gif
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 19 2015, 12:22 PM) *

I used the console to get the samurai armor for two my characters as well! The last time I used this mod to add some new katanas as well.

I love that Babe armor! I wanted to console the Chinese Stealth Armor, because it has a "stealth field" - but was worried doing that would mess up my Anchorage questline, and that is one of my absolute favorite DLC's.

@ Mirocu - are you in the wasteland too right now? Maybe we should all do the Wasteland together, I was trying to catch up to Molly so I could take screenshots in the same places she was, laugh.gif

mirocu
QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 19 2015, 09:19 PM) *

@ Mirocu - are you in the wasteland too right now?

Nope. I have this strange habit where I deny myself the fun of a certain game until what I consider being the "right season" comes along laugh.gif

I expect myself back there around mid-March or so.
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 19 2015, 03:22 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 19 2015, 09:19 PM) *

@ Mirocu - are you in the wasteland too right now?

Nope. I have this strange habit where I deny myself the fun of a certain game until what I consider being the "right season" comes along laugh.gif

I expect myself back there around mid-March or so.

Three-four weeks from now?
mirocu
Something like that, yes smile.gif

It shall be ever so much fun! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
SubRosa
Molly has been busy. After finishing the Wasteland Survival Guide for Moira, so finally decided to hunt down Bryan Adams and help the poor kid out with his ant problem. I do not think I have had one character ever manage to pull that quest off without being doused in flames at least once. With Molly being an axe user, it was even more difficult than usual. She was forced to fall back on her Railway Rifle for a lot of the outside areas. She keeps it for emergencies when there is an opponent that she cannot reach. But prefers not to use it. She likes things up close and personal.

She wasn't impressed with Dr. Lesko's explanation that killing the people of Greyditch was ok, because that is just science. So after he gave her the Ant Might mutagen, she chopped the egghead in half. After that she went back down into the hive and killed the ant queen. Those fire ants won't trouble the wasteland any further.

Afterward she went off to explore the north east. She went on another bug hunt in the Corvega factory, and then a clone hunt in the vault nearby. Today she took on her first genuine supervillain, and once more stomped on an ant. This time the AntAgonizer. She explored all the way north to the Republic of Dave. She didn't stick around though. She thought it was just too freaky with all those Stepford Wives, and decided to get out while the getting was good. On her way back south she stopped off at the Temple of Union, and took a job to find Lincoln's Memorial.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 21 2015, 06:01 PM) *

Molly has been busy. After finishing the Wasteland Survival Guide for Moira, so finally decided to hunt down Bryan Adams and help the poor kid out with his ant problem. I do not think I have had one character ever manage to pull that quest off without being doused in flames at least once. With Molly being an axe user, it was even more difficult than usual. She was forced to fall back on her Railway Rifle for a lot of the outside areas. She keeps it for emergencies when there is an opponent that she cannot reach. But prefers not to use it. She likes things up close and personal.

She wasn't impressed with Dr. Lesko's explanation that killing the people of Greyditch was ok, because that is just science. So after he gave her the Ant Might mutagen, she chopped the egghead in half. After that she went back down into the hive and killed the ant queen. Those fire ants won't trouble the wasteland any further.

Afterward she went off to explore the north east. She went on another bug hunt in the Corvega factory, and then a clone hunt in the vault nearby. Today she took on her first genuine supervillain, and once more stomped on an ant. This time the AntAgonizer. She explored all the way north to the Republic of Dave. She didn't stick around though. She thought it was just too freaky with all those Stepford Wives, and decided to get out while the getting was good. On her way back south she stopped off at the Temple of Union, and took a job to find Lincoln's Memorial.

A rifle - really glad she didn't try to use an axe on them, I was worried that she would have died; and I didn't know if you played DID with your characters. (I do NOT, thank goodness, lol. I'd be starting new games constantly, lol).

I am interested in this railway rifle - I've crafted it before but never tried using it. I would never have realized it could be used against those mutated ants! They are tough enemies, I've died several times by their flames! (and usually drink the nectar to give myself a 25% fire shield and still die).

That is hilarious that she took the reward and then gave herself another reward by killing that jerk, lol. AND the Queen too! What kind of items did she give in death? Did she give Ant Queen pheromones?

OMG, the Gary's? I HATE that place !!!! Urk !!!!

I wonder if Molly left the Republic of Dave with a Bobblehead or special key in her pocket?

Gaaaaah, she is on the move again! Misa will follow, hoping to catch up to her!

On the Conversion front - have all the needed tools up and running; now to learn how to use them, lol. I have a model loaded to practice on; just reading the tutorial.

mirocu
Didnīt you have a character that was the AntAgonizer, SubRosa?
SubRosa
QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 22 2015, 12:00 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 21 2015, 06:01 PM) *

A rifle - really glad she didn't try to use an axe on them, I was worried that she would have died; and I didn't know if you played DID with your characters. (I do NOT, thank goodness, lol. I'd be starting new games constantly, lol).

I am interested in this railway rifle - I've crafted it before but never tried using it. I would never have realized it could be used against those mutated ants! They are tough enemies, I've died several times by their flames! (and usually drink the nectar to give myself a 25% fire shield and still die).

That is hilarious that she took the reward and then gave herself another reward by killing that jerk, lol. AND the Queen too! What kind of items did she give in death? Did she give Ant Queen pheromones?

OMG, the Gary's? I HATE that place !!!! Urk !!!!

I wonder if Molly left the Republic of Dave with a Bobblehead or special key in her pocket?

Gaaaaah, she is on the move again! Misa will follow, hoping to catch up to her!

On the Conversion front - have all the needed tools up and running; now to learn how to use them, lol. I have a model loaded to practice on; just reading the tutorial.

Molly's armor is the Merc Adventurer Armor, which is not to be confused with the vanilla mercenary armor with the same name. It's basically a mashup of the merc armors, but it looks good.

The Railway Rifle makes a neat steam train whistle every time you fire it. It is horribly inaccurate, but I modded that to reduce the spread, like I did with all guns. Shooting railway spikes kind of suits her, as Molly's other weapon is an axe.

The reward for killing Lesko wasn't that much. He has a lab coat with a small bonus to science and rad resistance I think, and a 10mm pistol. If you hold out and haggle with him before taking the job, he'll give you Lesko's Lab Coat, which has some big bonuses to each. Molly did that, so now she has that to help with cracking computers. The ant queen just drops the queen pheromones, and that is all. But there is a Big Book of Science down in her chamber, and some 10mm ammo.

I don't mind the Garys too much. They are easy to kill! biggrin.gif Seriously, a 1st level character would have an easy time in that vault. It is all unarmored Garys with lead pipes and baseball bats, and a few mole rats.

Molly only left the Republic of Dave with the bobblehead. One of the kids said to go to the Museum of Dave to learn more about President Daddy, duh. So that was the first place she went to once she was inside. When she walked in the main building it was wall to wall vag's, and every one droning "Dave doesn't like us talking to strangers". That was too weird, so Molly just left. She might go back, but not until she works on her speechifying skills, since clearly freeing these women from the clutches of this evil Svengali Dave will take a lot of persuading, not chopping.

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 22 2015, 03:06 AM) *

Yes I did. She was Ant-Tastic! laugh.gif It almost felt wrong killing Anty in her lair. To be fair, Molly did try to talk her out of her evil ways and use her powers for good, but the AntAgonizer just attacked her anyway.
mALX

I have tried pickpocketing that special key from Dave every single game, but he ALWAYS wakes up and catches me, which ends in his death and then me fleeing the town. (So, usually sneak into his safe before attempting it, no sense leaving town without the Nuka Quantum/that special gun/etc). But if I could pick his pocket for that key, I'd leave his gun behind, I never use it afterward anyway. Just can't leave without that key!

mirocu
I loved that Gary place! Though I was a bit confused when I first found it.. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 22 2015, 06:37 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 22 2015, 03:06 AM) *

Yes I did. She was Ant-Tastic! laugh.gif It almost felt wrong killing Anty in her lair. To be fair, Molly did try to talk her out of her evil ways and use her powers for good, but the AntAgonizer just attacked her anyway.

Well, I managed to sweet-talk her to give me her suit and just move on biggrin.gif No luck on The Mechanizer though wink.gif
SubRosa
Today Molly ventured deep into the heart of the DC Ruins. She wrangled up the communications dish from the Virgo Lander in the Museum of Technology, and installed it on the Washington Monument for Three Dog. However, what originally brought her down there was the Harry Hamlin from the Temple of the Union. She scouted out the Lincoln Memorial for him, and found that it was indeed free of super-mutants. But not free of slavers. So Molly commenced to chopping, and now there are plenty of slavers, plenty of pieces of slavers at least...

She also stopped by the Museum of Natural History and sold off her excess loot in Underworld. While she was there she ventured into the feral section, and chopped the bad ghoulies down to size. Molly scooped up a pile of Lincoln goodies in there, including the hat and repeater. She took them all back to the Temple, and sold them to Harry Hamlin. Not many of my characters would do that. But Molly doesn't use guns, and the hat makes her mohawks disappear. So she did not mind giving them away.
mirocu
Funny thing when I went through the Lincoln Memorial first time. Even though I pretty much take whatever isnīt nailed down (like any Fallout player wink.gif ) I completely disregarded the Lincoln thingies. I remember looking at Lincolnīs Voice, noticing I could pick it up, but then I just turned around and left huh.gif blink.gif

Had to come back later when my collecting was in full bloom to scoop it all up laugh.gif
mALX
Misa tagged along behind Molly to retrieve that Virgo dish for 3 Dog, but while Molly was helping the Temple of the Union Misa slipped off to Hamilton's Hideaway and nabbed the weapons cache, lol.

That whole Temple of the Union questline was really well done; both sides had their arguments and kept the player neutral till either someone got trigger happy (I've had the slavers turn on me for no known cause) or you chose a side and caused the other side to jump on you. I really like that quest, and what a great battle you have against those slavers if you don't side with them! That is one tough battle!

Yeah, Lincoln's figurine, diary, coin collection - they find a place on Misa's desk, she never lets them go. The hat she wears frequently, and the Repeater - it just goes in her file cabinet for storage, she doesn't release it. Maxical was the same when she visited the Wasteland - loved that Lincoln paraphernalia.

SubRosa
Now it is Molly who has fallen behind! A few nights ago she finished up her business with the former slaves and Treydog, and she went exploring through Dupont Circle. It was there that she found a dry sewer that led her to Our Lady Of Perpetual Misery Hospital. Last night she cleaned that out, and followed it to the Statesman Hotel. FO3 players know what happens there. The next thing Molly knew, she was rescuing Reilly's Rangers.

Now she is working her way through the metro tunnels to Ranger Headquarters. Though I think she might head to Rivet City first. She has not explored the subway between Museum Station and there, so she could mark that off her list of places to see. Rivet City is also a good place to sell off her loot, which has piled up, even after a few stops at Underworld Outfitters.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 27 2015, 02:14 PM) *

Now it is Molly who has fallen behind! A few nights ago she finished up her business with the former slaves and Treydog, and she went exploring through Dupont Circle. It was there that she found a dry sewer that led her to Our Lady Of Perpetual Misery Hospital. Last night she cleaned that out, and followed it to the Statesman Hotel. FO3 players know what happens there. The next thing Molly knew, she was rescuing Reilly's Rangers.

Now she is working her way through the metro tunnels to Ranger Headquarters. Though I think she might head to Rivet City first. She has not explored the subway between Museum Station and there, so she could mark that off her list of places to see. Rivet City is also a good place to sell off her loot, which has piled up, even after a few stops at Underworld Outfitters.

Ooh, she IS behind Misa now! Misa is currently Geo-Mapping the wasteland for Reilly. That is funding her for the time being while she determines whether to search for Daddy James The Black or follows an odd transmission she has been hearing.

Winter Wolf
Ben Nevis has a rendezvous with a certain surgeon and a giant teddy bear at the Red Racer factory.

And no that does NOT sound like you think it sounds. blink.gif

Cross my heart...

biggrin.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Feb 28 2015, 09:05 PM) *

Ben Nevis has a rendezvous with a certain surgeon and a giant teddy bear at the Red Racer factory.

Cross my heart...

biggrin.gif

rollinglaugh.gif !!!!

Misa went to Anchorage and had a great time. Then when she returned, she cleared the Talon Company Headquarters, Evergreen Mills, and then decided to go to Point Lookout. Right now she just helped the obnoxious Desmond to clear his mansion of Tribals and stumbled across some info on a spy.

The truth is, she doesn't feel like spending much time at home relaxing since Crowley is due to show up there stewing for a fight. Right now we've been testing to see if he will show up while she is out in the field so she can kill him somewhere other than inside her Megaton home.

SubRosa
QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Feb 28 2015, 09:05 PM) *

Cross my heart...

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Molly visited him last week!

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 28 2015, 10:45 PM) *

Misa went to Anchorage and had a great time. Then when she returned, she cleared the Talon Company Headquarters, Evergreen Mills, and then decided to go to Point Lookout. Right now she just helped the obnoxious Desmond to clear his mansion of Tribals and stumbled across some info on a spy.

The truth is, she doesn't feel like spending much time at home relaxing since Crowley is due to show up there stewing for a fight. Right now we've been testing to see if he will show up while she is out in the field so she can kill him somewhere other than inside her Megaton home.

Desmond was really annoying. My last character who did Point Lookout helped him kill the brain in a jar at the very end, and once that was done, turned around and killed Desmond too. That is what he gets for being rude.

You are still way ahead of Molly. She finally got to Reilly's Ranger's hq yesterday and picked up her suit of armor. She spent the rest of that day clearing out Seward Square (the area the Reilly HQ is in). From there she went to the Capitol Building, which she spent today clearing of mutants and Talons. Afterward she returned to the Mall, and finished clearing up the last few spots there, which was basically just the National Archives. She broke into the safe with the Bill of Rights, and helped Button Gwinnett foil the Redcoat plot to steal the Declaration of Independence. wink.gif Afterward she headed back to Vernon Square, and tackled Vault Tec Headquarters. That clears out most of the DC Ruins east the Potomac. All that remains now is Takoma Park, L'Enfant Plaza, and Pennsylvania Ave. I think she will probably clear out all of them, and then perhaps try her hand at Point Lookout.
mALX

Well, while Molly was in Canterbury Commons/Cardoza Factory/etc - Misa was doing the Mall stuff (she hasn't even found Canterbury Commons or the Cardova yet).

Misa almost died several times in Desmonds, those tribals fight like hell! This whole game so far, nothing has brought down her health like they did.

Anchorage is about my favorite of the DLC (other than not being able to return there) - and for the first time I found all 10 intel this time!

When she returns to the Wasteland from Point Lookout, I should have a list of the Keller tape locations (I'm missing 1 and 3) and be going to get that prototype MVRP Fat boy gun just because I like doing that quest.

Actually, I've only ever used that gun a couple times and it somehow didn't kill 5 Enclave Soldiers or their Deathclaw pet (who were all stuck inside an enclosed fence - caged in, and still couldn't kill them! So since then I've never bothered trying to use it, but still like getting it.

I need to Google the locations of those two Keller tapes, and while I'm at it need to check on Bobblehead locations. Misa has 9 of the Bobbleheads, and I know one is inside Raven Rock. I picked up the ones I remembered where they were, can't remember the others, lol.

You had me rolling with how you handled Desmond! SPEW !!!! I didn't remember the brain till you said that, still don't remember the quest - but I do remember reading a book called "Donovan's Brain" for school; where the brain was controlling the scientist and they had to kill the brain - wonder if that is one of the Easter Eggs?

Winter Wolf
laugh.gif Molly visited him last week!

Hi Rosa !!

Red Racer was really cool. Ben had fun using the Miss Launcher to scare the life out of the muties in the office. Watching the missile spin around on the ground and no quite knowing what will happen next was insane fun!

I also found a fire hydrant in a toilet cubicle at Red Racer. I love that Beth puts unexplained things like that in their games.

All that remains now is Takoma Park, L'Enfant Plaza, and Pennsylvania Ave.

Ahhh, L'Enfant Plaza. Now we are talking!!!! My favourite place in downtown DC.

mALX, great to read your adventures with Rosa in the Wasteland. Misa and Molly, they sound like a awesome pair. Look out DC!!!!

Keller Tapes

mirocu
QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Mar 1 2015, 10:44 AM) *

Ahhh, L'Enfant Plaza. Now we are talking!!!! My favourite place in downtown DC.

Took me sweet time to discover that place. Only did that last year I think tongue.gif
SubRosa
Hey Wolf, it is great to see you back in the Capital Wasteland again! Arooo! smile.gif

Molly finished out the rest of DC today. East of the Potomac at least. Afterward she even made time for a trip up north meet Agatha. That led to an expedition to Vault 92, whose location Molly already knew thanks to her recent trip to Vault Tec Headquarters. She returned with both a violin and sheet music. So now she is packing the Blackhawk. I think she is going to put her Railway Rifle on the shelf, and try that for those pesky ranged opponents from now on.

With all that done, I think the next ground for Molly to stomp upon will probably be Point Lookout.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 1 2015, 07:06 PM) *

Hey Wolf, it is great to see you back in the Capital Wasteland again! Arooo! smile.gif

Molly finished out the rest of DC today. East of the Potomac at least. Afterward she even made time for a trip up north meet Agatha. That led to an expedition to Vault 92, whose location Molly already knew thanks to her recent trip to Vault Tec Headquarters. She returned with both a violin and sheet music. So now she is packing the Blackhawk. I think she is going to put her Railway Rifle on the shelf, and try that for those pesky ranged opponents from now on.

With all that done, I think the next ground for Molly to stomp upon will probably be Point Lookout.

The Blackhawk is one of my favorite guns in the vanilla game!

It may be cheating, but one of the things I lived with for all these years playing Fallout 3 on the 360 was what happens when alien power cells and Firelance land on a roof instead of the ground (you lose); or when your player is backed into a corner and can't escape and enemies are closing in fast (you lose again) - or like what happened to me yesterday, you get caught behind a faulty mesh and can't escape; have to reload a previous save and redo a lot of gameplay - grrrr!).

Well, thanks to something I read on here last week, I suddenly discovered that in the PC game you can toggle clipping and get out of situations that on the 360 would have been hopeless.

So yesterday for the first time I tried using clipping to find my alien power cells and to get out of a mesh glitch that had my character trapped in a mountainside when she somehow got below the rock mesh. On the 360 that would have meant reloading a previous save, redoing a lot of gameplay. Not having to reload/redo - it was awesome !!!

Any more PC only game tricks or tips anyone wants to share, I'm all ears!

Misa needed a break from Point Lookout, so came back to the Wasteland for a while. She has not gone and collected the seeds needed to infiltrate the Tribals yet. Before leaving though, she did go check out that sub the spy wanted blown up. Although it would have been great to see a huge explosion in the water, Misa did not blow up the sub - did not want to help the spies (although i did consider saving, blowing it up, then reloading the save so it never happened, lol).

Winter Wolf
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 1 2015, 04:22 PM) *

Took me sweet time to discover that place. Only did that last year I think tongue.gif

Ha! And we both know the answer to that. You were too busy counting the 200,000 caps your character has collected by now. biggrin.gif

Meanwhile here I am still back on 45,000 and wondering just how Mirocu does it... blink.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Mar 2 2015, 09:38 AM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 1 2015, 04:22 PM) *

Ha! And we both know the answer to that. You were too busy counting the 200,000 caps your character has collected by now. biggrin.gif

Meanwhile here I am still back on 45,000 and wondering just how Mirocu does it... blink.gif

Runninī, shootinī and lootinī. Nothing more to it cool.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Mar 1 2015, 04:44 AM) *

mALX, great to read your adventures with Rosa in the Wasteland. Misa and Molly, they sound like a awesome pair. Look out DC!!!!

Keller Tapes

Oh Thank you for this! I really appreciate that! I saw where you'd posted this a little late, had already Googled the Keller tapes and Bobbleheads locations and had just posted the screen of all the Bobbleheads when I read it, rollinglaugh.gif

Still, thank you so much!

SubRosa
Molly took a little side trip to the National Guard Depot to plunder the place, and get the Small Guns bobblehead. She has not found all the Keller tapes yet, so she could not get into the bunker, yet.

Then she headed off for Point Lookout. Goodness, I am having so much fun there! This is my favorite of all the FO3 dlcs. I love the spooky atmosphere, with the ever-present mist, and looming clouds, fetid swamps, and brooding mansions. It is like being an old Black and White horror movie, like the original Wolfman or Dracula. smile.gif

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 2 2015, 12:51 AM) *

It may be cheating, but one of the things I lived with for all these years playing Fallout 3 on the 360 was what happens when alien power cells and Firelance land on a roof instead of the ground (you lose); or when your player is backed into a corner and can't escape and enemies are closing in fast (you lose again) - or like what happened to me yesterday, you get caught behind a faulty mesh and can't escape; have to reload a previous save and redo a lot of gameplay - grrrr!).

Well, thanks to something I read on here last week, I suddenly discovered that in the PC game you can toggle clipping and get out of situations that on the 360 would have been hopeless.

So yesterday for the first time I tried using clipping to find my alien power cells and to get out of a mesh glitch that had my character trapped in a mountainside when she somehow got below the rock mesh. On the 360 that would have meant reloading a previous save, redoing a lot of gameplay. Not having to reload/redo - it was awesome !!!

Here here for cheating! laugh.gif Seriously, that TCL command has gotten me out of many of those exact same situations, where I was stuck in some section of landscape and unable to escape. Fallout 3's console commands are basically the same as Oblivion's, you can get them here.

The Force Weather command is the same as in Oblivion - FW - but the codes for each type of weather are different. The values for clear weather are 5CF9C and 64609. Not sure if there is really any difference between them. You can get all the weather ids out of the GECK if you are really interested in changing the weather with the console.

Adding or removing perks is the exact same command as in Skyrim Player.AddPerk {perk id} and Player.RemovePerk {perk id}.

You can repair your stuff like a merchant (without needing spare items) by typing Player.srm. player.setweaponhealthperc {value} sets your equipped weapon's health to the value you put in.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 2 2015, 09:50 PM) *

Molly took a little side trip to the National Guard Depot to plunder the place, and get the Small Guns bobblehead. She has not found all the Keller tapes yet, so she could not get into the bunker, yet.

Then she headed off for Point Lookout. Goodness, I am having so much fun there! This is my favorite of all the FO3 dlcs. I love the spooky atmosphere, with the ever-present mist, and looming clouds, fetid swamps, and brooding mansions. It is like being an old Black and White horror movie, like the original Wolfman or Dracula. smile.gif

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 2 2015, 12:51 AM) *

Here here for cheating! laugh.gif Seriously, that TCL command has gotten me out of many of those exact same situations, where I was stuck in some section of landscape and unable to escape. Fallout 3's console commands are basically the same as Oblivion's, you can get them here.

The Force Weather command is the same as in Oblivion - FW - but the codes for each type of weather are different. The values for clear weather are 5CF9C and 64609. Not sure if there is really any difference between them. You can get all the weather ids out of the GECK if you are really interested in changing the weather with the console.

Adding or removing perks is the exact same command as in Skyrim Player.AddPerk {perk id} and Player.RemovePerk {perk id}.

You can repair your stuff like a merchant (without needing spare items) by typing Player.srm. player.setweaponhealthperc {value} sets your equipped weapon's health to the value you put in.

I've used the "Player.additem" - never thought about the perks, I guess I'd have to figure out the id's for the ones I wanted, lol.

One thing I like about being on the PC is that I can play around more with the game and try out things I was never able to before - like before I always HAD to take perks that were utile instead of fun. Since I've been on the PC I've been taking ones I always wanted to try but hated to waste a perk on just in case, lol.

I've also been unlocking doors a lot by console instead of lockpicking. Just kind of like a spree because for the first time I CAN do it, lol. I'll simmer down after a while and get back to doing things right, it is just so cool to be able to do it this way for right now.

But yeah, the clipping - if needed in the future, it will most def be used rather than reloading a save! laugh.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.