Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mojave Meanderings and Wasteland Wanderings
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Fallout Games Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59
Renee
July 10, 2278, 12:47 -- Cho Zen Wan is back in the Citadel. He visited Rivet City to speak to a man named Jiff Hurley, who informed Cho where Virginia West could be found. Next he's headed to Vault 108, a new place for us. goodjob.gif

Oh, and Cho shot down Max. Peo Pol the robot was standing outside Super Duper Mart and was showing up as an enemy on Cho's Pip Boy. Not sure if Max was supposed to be an opponent, but it's too late now. mellow.gif Cho and his C-team have a "shoot first, ask questions later' policy when it comes to possible targets.

Renee
07.13.78 -- Cho Zen Wan is in Vault 108. This is a vault in which some scientists were trying to clone a human named "Gary". laugh.gif They were successful at this. Problem is, the Garies would immediately attack anybody who wasn't another Gary. So of course, as Cho goes deeper into the vault, they keep attacking him.

Which is not very wise. He's got his specialized assault rifle, Marine Scout Combat Armor, and nightvision goggles, while they're all dressed in those Vault suits.

mirocu
Ah, Vault 108. So much fun was had there even though I haven't been back in a very long time indeed. Think I collected all their suits. Maybe I should go back there next season and re-explore?

Also,I think it's Garii biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Renee
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 5 2022, 02:49 PM) *

Nope, it's Gary! They're all named Gary 13 and Gary 32, and so on. And when they detect us they say "Gary?" When they attack they say "GARY!" panic.gif

Yes I recommend going back to 108, Mirocu.

mirocu
QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 5 2022, 10:19 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 5 2022, 02:49 PM) *

Nope, it's Gary! They're all named Gary 13 and Gary 32, and so on. And when they detect us they say "Gary?" When they attack they say "GARY!" panic.gif

I meant in plural; one Gary, two Garii biggrin.gif
Kane
Time to finish what I started *checks notes* four years ago, before my first PC died! Gearing up to give NV a proper go.
mirocu
I have yet to start my 2022 Fallout 3 run mellow.gif

Btw, I think it's my 10th year anniversary!
Renee
I never really stop playing Cho's game, yeah, I pretty much play Fallout 3 year round. But I only play on sunny days, and usually only on weekends, and usually only for an hour or two at a time. So not really as often as Elder Scrolls.

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 8 2022, 02:17 PM) *

Btw, I think it's my 10th year anniversary!

Awesomesauce. cake.gif I started in August of 2013 so next year's my 10. Time flies, don't it?

Kane
There are so many Deathclaws between Nellis and Lake Mead. So many.
mirocu
There are also many Deathclaws west of Northwest Seneca Station in the Capital Wasteland. This is one instance where I really wish there wasn't an ammo cap for the minigun since it's so much fun to unleash the Vulcan on them but the reload ruins the experience. Can't even use a mod to fix that kvleft.gif
Kane
Surprised there isn't a mod for that.

Fun fact, if you get a Never Ending gatling laser in Fallout 4, it's infinite ammo. The fusion core never drains.
mirocu
QUOTE(Kane @ Apr 14 2022, 08:44 PM) *

I actually got an explanation for it at Bethsoft way back when. Apparently the 255 cap is hardwired into the game in some way so it's impossible to make a mod. A guy who made the 5 shot Lincoln mod explained it to me.
Kane
QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 14 2022, 02:55 PM) *
QUOTE(Kane @ Apr 14 2022, 08:44 PM) *

I actually got an explanation for it at Bethsoft way back when. Apparently the 255 cap is hardwired into the game in some way so it's impossible to make a mod. A guy who made the 5 shot Lincoln mod explained it to me.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/12375 biggrin.gif
mirocu
Oh. mellow.gif

Well. indifferent.gif

Seems like it comes with a ton of caveats. Not sure I'll use it. Thank you all the same, Kane!
mirocu
Only NOW have I gotten my arse in gear and started to raid the wasteland. I know, right?

Anyway, started up at the Deathclaw center NW of Northwest Seneca Station, right where I first encountered the Talons bout ten years ago. I didn't check but I think their looted bodies are still there tongue.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mirocu @ Aug 12 2022, 09:03 AM) *

Only NOW have I gotten my arse in gear and started to raid the wasteland. I know, right?

Anyway, started up at the Deathclaw center NW of Northwest Seneca Station, right where I first encountered the Talons bout ten years ago. I didn't check but I think their looted bodies are still there tongue.gif

Sounds fun!

Raidin’ Raiders is my favorite activity in Fallout3. There is that nice little circle of respawning Raider groups in a fairly short radius around Megaton, with the Bethesda ruins, the Fairfax ruins, and the Springvale overpass being highlights. You can even squeeze some Enclave raidin’ in at Fairfax and Sprinvale for even more high quality loot!
mirocu
Enclaves are not a thing for me but the rest is good fun biggrin.gif

I have established routes since many years and a fixed marker where I can find a large group of Talons.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mirocu @ Aug 14 2022, 07:58 AM) *

Enclaves are not a thing for me but the rest is good fun biggrin.gif

Ah, gotcha
mirocu
Just making a report saying that it's business as usual i.e runnin' and gunnin'. Right now I've been in the western part of the map.
mirocu
Have been running around with a severe headache as of late as a result of a critical hit to the head by a Talon and no stimpaks on hand. I usually always have quite a few, but not now when I really needed it.

Anyway, offloaded a lot of goods at Tenpenny's and is now currently resting outside Megaton with Gunny. We are close to October and thus it's time to go to Point Lookout, so next stop will be Rivet City. But I think I need to go back into Megaton again and stock up on fireworks for the ghoul hunt hehe.gif
mirocu
I'm now spending some time in Rivet City, standard procedure before venturing over to Renee Country in October. This season has been much shorter than usual but I still want to play occasionally, it's just not 2014 anymore. I missed some parts of the map like the D.C tour and Clifftop Shacks, but I hope to cover them better next year.

Right now I am pumped to go to Lookout again and hunt the local yokels and of course doing the ghoul hunt!
Renee
Mirocu goes to Point Lookout in October, mirocu? ☢ Does Mirocu always do this every year, mirocu?
mirocu
mirocu always does cool.gif
mirocu
Having jumped the gun a bit, I am already in Point Lookout. I'm still on the Dutchess Gambit though, taking in the scenery. Next time I will jump ashore and start making my way up NE to the ghoul hunt.

I hope I brought enough mines biggrin.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
So, since Khajiit finally got his PC at his current abode, we’ve decided to start a brand new Fallout3 playthrough! Going to run it mod light, with the only mods being the unofficial patch, the mod that makes the character models a tad bit prettier, weapons mod kits, iron sights, a mod that adds the dlc weapons and armor to certain base game leveled lists (really only going for Pitt and Point Lookout gear for this), and a few other select things I may tweak later (like maybe a player home). Was going to use an alternate start mod, but haven’t found one I like yet.
SubRosa
Welcome back to the capital wasteland. I think I am now wrapping up my Blood Raven playthrough of DC.
Renee
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 22 2022, 04:09 PM) *

Going to run it mod light,

Yes... PLEASE go slowly with the modding! Every time we folks start up a new game you run into troubles. whistling.gif

What is your character's name? Don't forget to introduce him or her proper-like in this thread!
TheCheshireKhajiit
Found my first thing to fix. The character redesign mismatched a bunch of NPCs’ heads and bodies. Found a “fix” though, so will try that later.
TheCheshireKhajiit
That got fixed but then I noticed that the DLC distribution mod had Jericho running around in Ashur’s power armor! That had to change and so it has.
mirocu
Having spent the night on the roof where it says HELP US, I have now arrived at the coastal grotto, ready to embark on yet another "safari".

As I haven't been runnin' and gunnin' nearly as much as usual, I have precious little 5mm ammo for my Vulcan minigun but hopefully I brought enough mines instead. Together with Sydney's Ultra 9mm and the shotgun, I hope it'll be enough.

Famous first words.... biggrin.gif
mirocu
The safari was completed with ease and Sydney's Ultra 9mm proved to be a better choice than the Vulcan, or even the Xuanlong. The former being too fast firing (and with the annoying ammo cap) and the latter not as high capacity. I didn't need all the mines either and could pick up quite a few after the onslaught.

Right now I'm just outside the detention camp, listening to the robots fighting the ghouls biggrin.gif
Renee
Mirocu carries a minigun??? blink.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 4 2022, 04:54 PM) *

Mirocu carries a minigun??? blink.gif

Have for a long time now carried a mod-minigun which is a copy of the real life Vulcan without the shotgun type spread of the vanilla minigun and I think twice the firing rate. Would be absolutely perfect against a batallion of Deathclaws if it hadn't been for the 255 ammo cap. It does take down anything quickly though, provided I can aim the thing biggrin.gif
mirocu
I have now raided the camp, Trapper's shack and a few other places on my way south. While scouting Grower's house I managed not only to get surprised by a Scrapper, I also found a previously unfound tape called The Battle! I have no idea how I've managed to not see it all these years! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
However I do know that discovery was the reason the Scrapper bested me; I was stunned!

Now I'm back on the boardwalk with my spoils which btw is quite meager this year. I'm going to go a bit beyond the boardwalk (rightward from the boat) and see if I can find another yokel. After that I will sell whatever I have to Panada and then return to the Dutchess Gambit. It's time to head home to hibernate.
Kane
I started a new Courier in the Mojave - looking forward to a second run. And since I have an idea of how things go from my first run, Billy ain't pulling any punches. After helping Primm get a new sheriff, he mopped the floor with the Legion scum in Nipton.
mirocu
Have fun in the desert, Kane! Make sure to pop in at Acadian's biggrin.gif
Kane
Billy is having a good 'ol time sniping baddies. He even found a sleek black varmint rifle in cave near a Legion camp, after he freed some Powder Gangers. Legion hates him now, though.
SubRosa
QUOTE(Kane @ Oct 10 2022, 07:58 AM) *

Legion hates him now, though.

As it should be.
Kane
Yeah the Legion is an impressive level of scum.

Billy managed to recover the Platinum Chip from Benny and return it to Mr. House, who has more plans to implement with the Courier's help. Billy has plans to get out and explore a bit though. Which is bad news for the Fiends, since they attacked first.
mirocu
Having dispersed a Scrapper and a Brawler I sold off whatever I could to Madam Panada and travelled home. There I met up with Gunny and together we fought our way up to Megaton where said Gunny is now guarding the front gate with Deputy Weld.

I had enough stuff left to sell at this point so I got even more caps from Moira and Jenny and after healing myself and putting things in the correct drawer I am now sitting in my chair at the second floor of my home. Oh, and I have to mention I had to resurrect Panada today since apparently a mercenary had killed her off. Or it was a dog. Not sure, but both of them were also dead, so go figure.

This conclude the very short 2022 season. Well met in 2023!
Kane
Billy was just abducted by some weirdo scientists and had his brain, heart, and spine removed (seems drastic). Not sure how things will shake out in Big MT but he doesn't take kindly to such behaviors. And Cass seems to have been left behind, which is disappointing.

He is currently level 26 and aiding Mr. House whilst also exploring the Mojave and Zion.
mirocu
So Billy, being the Courier, has so far been shot in the head, had his brain, heart and spine removed, and he's still set on exploring the Mojave? huh.gif

That's what I call dedication rollinglaugh.gif
Kane
Indeed! The fact that the game ends after you finish the main quest is the biggest flaw for me. Forces you to play as much as possible before the Second Battle of Hoover Dam, or reload to a save before the battle.

Ain't that a kick in the head?
mirocu
Sure is.

Isn't there a DLC that enables the game to continue after the MQ like in Fallout 3?
Kane
Nope. Would be nice, though.
Renee
QUOTE(mirocu @ Oct 18 2022, 11:33 AM) *

Isn't there a DLC that enables the game to continue after the MQ like in Fallout 3?

Nope, probably a mod though. How did the two original Fallouts work? Did their stories also end?

That would be something ... Beth and Obsidian got so much [censored] for making their stories end. Meanwhile, I bet that's how Fallout 1 and 2 both worked.

mirocu
The 2023 Fallout 3 season has started!

I began this season in an unusual way by doing my D.C run where I start at L'Enfant Plaza and through a number of key locations work my way north until I'm out of D.C. I often start a season by running somewhere out in the wasteland proper. I got a different feel this time and it worked out nicely smile.gif
Renee
It does wonderful things to perspective to change stuff occasionally, you're right.

mirocu
While I am a creature of habit, that is indeed true biggrin.gif

Btw, is there a L'Enfant Plaza in the real D.C?
Renee
Yes, there is, never been there though. Whenever we got to the museums though I've noticed one of the Metro stops is L'Enfant. Georgetown is real, Anacostia is real, the memorials are real, Fairfax is real. Hmm, Germantown (home of one heck of an Oktoberfest, which I've never been to) and so on.

Only places that aren't are the obvious post-war locations: Megaton, Big Town, Minefield, etc. Hmm, Tenpenny is prewar, yet it's not real. Not that I know of. unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.