Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Oblivion Screenshot Thread
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Oblivion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
mirocu
I like the garden. Good to have a fence around it and a gate to the stables smile.gif
PhonAntiPhon
There's so much going on...

Flare - because FLARE, that's why!
The little steps up to the waterfall bridge on the Imperial Isle
It is pretty
The Bloated Float - an establishment into which she still has not been
Just a nice pic, I thought...
In the Tiber Septim; "networking"
The Hostess
Random encounters
Later that evening, off to visit Seridur - Shadowplay and again
The Temple looks nice at night, although they do not make enough of it.
Following the meeting, she changed into her Business Suit...
...and headed off down the darkened corridor
I mean seriously, she does look good.
Walking to J-'s - (the lighter area below her torso is a belt buckle, in case you were wondering...)

The next day, she sets off for Chedynnehall
It's a pleasant enough journey, there are some decent views of the capital, this one also was nice.
Aleswel - (curious)
Hmm, Umbacano, perhaps...?
PhonAntiPhon
Observational Skills
Arrival in Cheydinhal
Arty Shot
Chapel and Chapel Square
Apparently this is Lily, it's been abandoned for some time
Looks like it too
Dead Bandit
Quite a nice place
Back off creep
Seriously?
Profile with Covered Bridge
Over the shoulder
The usual visit
Ohtesse
Street Scene #1
And #2
Still Life - (I will admit to fiddling with this one just a little)
Painted World
Painted Pose
Trees
Sky
Across the canvas
Edge
Painted Troll #1 and #2
Locating the subject... (She had the goggles on as they have a Detect Life setting on them as well).
mirocu
Nice to see Elly up and about in Cheydinhal smile.gif

And to keep in line with the February pic with Buffy, here are a couple Bravil pixies with Lothran.

At the Silverhome
Chatting in the Fighters Guild
I think she likes the Dunmer! happy.gif
Guys, serioulsy. Go home.
Acadian
Phon, thanks for the tour of Red Rose Manor. I didn’t realize it had a stable! happy.gif

Mirocu, loved the shots of Lothran in Bravil! It’s no wonder at all that Ardaline is enthralled with Lothran. After all, she’s a lifelong friend of Buffy and you should hear the way the wood elf prattles on about the white-haired Dunmer. . . “I’m only a Journeyman, but Lothran’s a Warlock. Isn’t he wonderful?!?”

Oh, here's the companion shot to Buffy’s Bravilian February screenshot.
PhonAntiPhon
QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 3 2014, 01:09 PM) *

Phon, thanks for the tour of Red Rose Manor. I didn’t realize it had a stable! happy.gif

Mirocu, loved the shots of Lothran in Bravil! It’s no wonder at all that Ardaline is enthralled with Lothran. After all, she’s a lifelong friend of Buffy and you should hear the way the wood elf prattles on about the white-haired Dunmer. . . “I’m only a Journeyman, but Lothran’s a Warlock. Isn’t he wonderful?!?”

Well the new version of RRM does, but I will admit to providing the side walls and the gate for the purposes of Eilidh's experience of it!
mirocu
QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 3 2014, 02:09 PM) *

I really like this one! It´s like a friend sitting there just waiting for you happy.gif

And being a Journeyman isn´t bad at all. Clearly she gets by pretty well .... laugh.gif
PhonAntiPhon
Walking to the Chapel
The Chapel
A bit of quiet reflection - she does enjoy this, each morning - or when she can.
It was a mucky day when she set out that morning
Checking her gear
A nice view of Cheydinhal - once it had brightened up
Rienna - (Of the Fighters' Guild)
Now I know what you're thinking, and No; she's not gone "All Niamh" and got rid of her armour. The predicament illustrated here is a direct result of being in This Cave, and meeting up with its inhabitant...
...And Eilidh, who prefers to be decent, is NOT happy about it.
mirocu
As always a little dark and blurry, but it suits her style I think smile.gif

Lothran´s version of the painted world
Acadian
Woot! What a wonderful old shot of Lothie in the Painted World! Before the snow kissed his hair to white. smile.gif
PhonAntiPhon
This is Rádala, Eilidh found him wandering by Cheydinhal stables. He seemed friendly enough and she's always liked dogs...
The highlands above Ceyadinhall
Mine Clearance
Permanently Retired...
Silhouette. Eilidh and Radala return from their excursion into the hills above Cheedyn-hal
Dusk at the East Gate
She looks a bit tired, if I am honest
The next morning, leaving the hotel room to do some shopping, Eilidh is disturbed by a visitor. On the plus side, Radala proved to be a warm and very comfortable bed companion - reminding her of her dogs back home. Don't get me wrong, Eilidh is not averse to, when the mood suits, sharing her bed with either gender of Elf and the occasional human if she's feeling like "a bit of rough", but to her mind you can't beat a good canine for a decent night's sleep; warm, furry, and much less demanding - after all Princesses need their beauty sleep - (although Eilidh would be the first to admit that she didn't need too much)*.
The castle - 15,000 for a house?!
Llevana didn't take the news very well
Following a legionary out of Cheeyidynhall(?) - Lily sits brooding in the background. This soldier had warned her of it when he passed. She however is curious, having stopped by it on the way to Chee-din-halle, and resolves to stop and explore, new-found companion in tow...

*It should be noted at this point that our heroine is in no way akin to the hard-drinking and bed-hopping sort that Niamh was, in fact she's quite strict and always observes abstinence on Dé hAoine, which is The Goddess' Day, and also throughout Lughnasadh - (although this latter does go on a bit and so she, like others in her peer group, have on occasion liked to think that The Goddess turns a blind to the odd slip here or there...)
mirocu
QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Feb 7 2014, 06:52 AM) *

I´m more into that sky. Looks way better than the vanilla. But I´m sure it´s just a part of a giant mod with tons of other things...
PhonAntiPhon
Unlocking this chest
Why? Because I like close-ups.
Mounting up outside Lily...
...after a bit of a recharge, that is
The Imperial City from the hills
Front shot, shadows
Another view of the capital
Ill Omens
The causeway bridge and gatehouse
I know she's in her bra, but it's her face that made me chuckle, she's grumpier than I have ever seen her! :smile:
haute ecole rider
QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 7 2014, 05:45 AM) *

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Feb 7 2014, 06:52 AM) *

I´m more into that sky. Looks way better than the vanilla. But I´m sure it´s just a part of a giant mod with tons of other things...

All Natural is the mod. I love it - it's also been part of my standard mod package since I first started modding. I have Thomas Kaira to thank for this mod - he uses it in his load order and I figured I'd give it a try. I know a lot of players like Natural Environments, but for me it was a bit much.
PhonAntiPhon
So the attic's looking more cosy nowadays...
She gets up in the morning and steps outside in the sunlight
Indoors, detail
My House
Nice day to set off, Sutch-wards
What's through here?
Evil Eilidh
Fire
What's in the box?
Pose 1
Pose 2
Dusk
Dawn - following a night spent in the forest
Heading off across country

*A note on the armour: There's a lot of of things just lying around in the old cellar, or crammed into cupboards and old chests.
It seems the previous occupant was none too careful with what she had. Eilidh's been digging around and found a full - (sort of) - suit of armour that, well, let's just say that it didn't leave a lot to the imagination!
She never really tried it on anyway because it was designed for someone <ahem> a touch smaller than her, shall we say.

having said that, she managed to locate some separate pieces and found the cuirass to be perfectly serviceable, she rather likes the look as it reminds her somewhat of the Warrior Maidens she has on the wall of her boudoir and in the attic. It's perhaps no more effective than the previous item she rejected, but who am I to argue?!
PhonAntiPhon
Eilidh, having completed a Fighters' Guild job for Skingrad, heads down to what turns out to be an Ayleid settlement by the name of Silorn for a quick scout around...

Luminous
Silorn, with Warrior Stone in foreground
Silorn, general view
The glade abutting the ruins
On the road to the site
The statue - the weather was closing in here
Eilidh looks out from between the columns
What she saw...
Standing amidst the ruins
Waterfall
Elevation 1
Elevation 2
PhonAntiPhon
Some from us:
Grumpy Eilidh is Grumpy (again)
Off to Church in the morning
Passing by Kvatch - apparently the place has been burning for years, something about some weird portal or something that just appeared loads of beasties, laying waste to the place.
Eilidh has a broader agenda it's true, but she's filed this away as potentially useful leverage for the future...
Kvatch 'n' Eilidh - Close Up
Couple of shots of the area around and below the Kvatch massif, so to speak...
Gotta have a pose shot :wink:
Gottshaw Inn
The stables in the morning
Someone got out of bed on the wrong side sad.gif
Passing another inn on the way down to Anvil
Arriving in Anvil
Looking down the main street - (shame she's missed the meeting with her father's contact, although she's forgotten that for the moment...)

Sneaking - bonus shot.
mirocu
Wow, she really does look pissed there. What on Nirn did you say to her, Phon? tongue.gif
PhonAntiPhon
QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 25 2014, 06:26 PM) *

Wow, she really does look pissed there. What on Nirn did you say to her, Phon? tongue.gif

Heh, well I am coming to the conclusion that she's not a morning person!

In the first one to be fair she literally just got out of bed when I took the shot and I'm not sure she's overly keen on having her picture taken in her underwear...
mirocu
Unlike someone else who couldn´t give less of a crap laugh.gif
PhonAntiPhon
QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 25 2014, 07:14 PM) *

Unlike someone else who couldn´t give less of a crap laugh.gif

Yes indeed, although with Niamh you'd be lucky if she was wearing anything!
Giedrius911G
Three argonian prisoners...raped.
http://postimg.org/image/vwtzfyptb/full/
Can someone please send me a template for image thumbnail. This mess never works.
Vital
I remember dying so much on that fight on my first playhthrough of oblivion. Way back before I played dead is dead tongue.gif
Giedrius911G
IPB Image

One more before sleep. Oblivion sky is the best in any game, probably forever.
mirocu
QUOTE(Giedrius911G @ Feb 26 2014, 02:41 AM) *

IPB Image

Ooh, awesome light! smile.gif
Acadian
Giedrius, that's a great shot of the sky over the IC. goodjob.gif

I agree, Oblivion's sky looks nice - day or night. Oh, and so does the sky in Mania.
PhonAntiPhon
Anvil harbour is looking a little busier of late!
More shipping
At anchor
Another shot
mirocu
Always nice to see the ports of Anvil smile.gif And just three pixies was refreshingly manageable laugh.gif
PhonAntiPhon
A rare event:

here are 2 pictures of Princess Grumpy SMILING - here and here.

(Character Updates for details).
Giedrius911G
Are those photo edited, or are you actualy playing on that terrible colors? Sorry, I'm new in here.

A little mod, that removes some ambient light from night. Works on clear night only.
It's not my made, but you may find it useful.
http://postimg.org/gallery/aau6x2fq/0c8885b1/
Link: http://www.oblivionmodwiki.com/index.php/C...er,_Dark_Nights
mirocu
She´s ...... She´s smiling!?? : O

QUOTE(Giedrius911G @ Feb 27 2014, 07:50 AM) *

Are those photo edited, or are you actualy playing on that terrible colors? Sorry, I'm new in here.

Phon uses a few mods for that, but I´ll let him explain further smile.gif

PhonAntiPhon
QUOTE(Giedrius911G @ Feb 27 2014, 06:50 AM) *

A little mod, that removes some ambient light from night. Works on clear night only.
It's not my made, but you may find it useful.
http://postimg.org/gallery/aau6x2fq/0c8885b1/
Link: http://www.oblivionmodwiki.com/index.php/C...er,_Dark_Nights

No the pix are not edited. Yes it looks like that all the time. Yes it's deliberate, and no I don't need any help.
I use an enb and sweetfx. You might not like it, but you're not playing it.
QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 27 2014, 07:58 AM) *

She´s ...... She´s smiling!?? : O

I know right?
I could scarcely believe it myself. It's a definite sign. She was cured, sat down and looked at Radz, and just smiled!
Giedrius911G
Well, this look more than awful and makes my eyes bleed. I'm pretty sure, you think it looks good, but if you'd change it to normal colors, you'd like it more. So unrealistic, bright. Damn how can you? Sky is just white color and so on... Sorry, but I'm going to use your pics as example, how far people go with all those enb and other things. Sorry, no offense, but seriously LOL. I though it's photoshoped, but if it's all the time? Your eyes must be red. Here's what I think about this:
IPB Image
Of course, it's just a joke. Don't think anything wrong biggrin.gif
Vital
Giedrius, I thinks it's a matter of personal taste. Phon likes it that way and you dont. I don't have access to a gaming PC and so play on console, as such I don't have the opportunity to mod my games to change the light, graphics, etc. With that in mind I can't really comment on what I like more, as all I really know is the vanilla graphics, but I'm sure Phon has spent plenty of time deciding how he likes his game to look smile.gif
Giedrius911G
I know it's personal taste, how else could it be? And it's my personal opinion what I think about it. Nobody have to care about it too.
Btw, oblivion looks realy bad on console too, because of HDR. I have it on ps3 and it's unplayable for me. winksad.gif
Vital
I think it comes down to what you're used to, I'm used to playing on console so it looks fine to me. Of course if I magicked up an amazing gaming PC and modded oblivion until it looked perfect for me, I'm sure returning to console I would find the graphics much worse in comparison.

Anyways, this is getting a bit off topic...
Giedrius911G
Yeah, so let's back to screenshots:
IPB Image
Here you can see the only 2 graphic mods I use, so this is Illumination within, for those window lights, and also mod for dark night, which reduces lightning.
Vital
Wow, that looks really nice. Which city is that in? I love the way you can really see the light coming from the cathedral.
PhonAntiPhon
Yeah we are, and depressingly I've just discovered where my ignore list is, regrettably...
Giedrius911G
Vital, this is Cheydinhal.
mirocu
QUOTE(Giedrius911G @ Feb 27 2014, 11:15 AM) *

IPB Image

Really atmospheric smile.gif

I would like to have darker nights, lights in the windows and smoke from the chimneys. But I´m too much of a vanilla fan... laugh.gif
Giedrius911G
Some more screens from Chorrol. I'm a fan of vanilla too. Can't stand all those graphic's mod's ruining color.
Too bad, it doesn't look that nice in screenshot's. The good thing is, some houses may have light sometimes, others don't. Some houses are always lighted up, others not. It makes it nice.
P.S click on screens to zoom in.
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
PhonAntiPhon
QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 28 2014, 08:26 AM) *

QUOTE(Giedrius911G @ Feb 27 2014, 11:15 AM) *

IPB Image

Really atmospheric smile.gif

I would like to have darker nights, lights in the windows and smoke from the chimneys. But I´m too much of a vanilla fan... laugh.gif

AWLS is a great mod though and really it adds a nice touch to vanilla.
As for making the nights darker, well you've seen the pix when Eilidh has not got her goggles on!
Giedrius911G
Window mod I'm using is named Ilumination Within btw.
I tried so many mods, but as I see, the best ones is those, that uses best vanilla features. Also, advice for people, who use lightning mods. Turn the HDR or bloom off. Mods are made to work without them. And no matter, that they shouldn't work at same time, they still conflict with each other.
Game creators these days have no clue, how terrible some effects look.
And many people think, that more settings enabled- the better. I'm sure they would have enabled any option if they could. Even if it's "Enable bad graphics" they would still prefer to turn it on lol.
Here differences with HDR on and off. I have no clue how some people prefer HDR on, maybe they just don't know.
It's even brighter sometimes. Same mess with skyrim.
HDR on.
IPB Image
HDR off.
IPB Image
Which one do you people prefer? I couldn't play with HDR even if you pay me. biggrin.gif
P.S If someone takes my opinion and simple advices as an insult again, then I don't know. Phon, dude. Don't ever think I'm saying anything about you or your setup. You are already ignored.
mirocu
QUOTE(PhonAntiPhon @ Feb 28 2014, 11:01 AM) *

As for making the nights darker, well you've seen the pix when Eilidh has not got her goggles on!

Yeah I´ve seen that and I can say she looks much better without them..! laugh.gif

But I´m good for now with mods. Think I´m so nostalgic with how it was when I was new to Oblivion biggrin.gif

@ Geidrius - I don´t think anyone gets offended by your opinion. I´m just sad to see the friction between you and Phon because I think you´re both nice guys smile.gif

Btw, I prefer no Bloom or HDR too. Tried it but it wasn´t for me smile.gif
PhonAntiPhon
QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 28 2014, 10:57 AM) *

Yeah I´ve seen that and I can say she looks much better without them..! laugh.gif

LOL!
Not quite what I meant, but I take your point!
mirocu
QUOTE(PhonAntiPhon @ Feb 28 2014, 12:09 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 28 2014, 10:57 AM) *

LOL!
Not quite what I meant, but I take your point!

laugh.gif

About half a month before Lothran comes down from Bruma so I take the opportunity to post a pic from when he just got there this winter smile.gif

Beloved Bruma
PhonAntiPhon
Some more from us:
Fort Ontus - Colovian Highlands
Another View
Colovian Scenery from the Fort
Random shot in the highlands
Flowers
Earlier that day, setting out
Flare! biggrin.gif
Oyster Bay, and the end of a long, long day of riding...

[Oh, and just for information: I don't use HDR] wink.gif
Giedrius911G
Yeah Phon, I know you don't. It's pretty obvious from the screens. Since HDR makes light objects a few times brighter, and dark objects, just a bit darker. I'm sure nobody could answer what is the purpose of the effect. Probably bethesda wanted to make something "new" and they were out of ideas, so they made that thing.
I like the idea, that dark objects turn dark, but I see no point of turning bright objects into brighter. My screenshot's make it pretty clear I think.
mirocu
Down by the seaside she rides. I think she wants to go home laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.