Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Oblivion Screenshot Thread
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Oblivion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
Lopov
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 21 2015, 08:32 PM) *
Looks like in spite of their name, those Dark Seducers don't want any manflesh in their private base. No man cooties! laugh.gif
Some time ago Vion already had troubles "evading" a certain lady from Bliss. laugh.gif He was unsure what to say to reaction. indifferent.gif

@Renee - yeah, he'll make sure to stay away from his FARTher. biggrin.gif

Anyway, time for fresh screenies:

Swimming in the Isles is the quickest and safest shortcut to the outside world

As soon as Vion was back in the Fringe, passing a now-dead Gatekeeper, he felt better because he was one step closer to Cyrodiil. Memories from the painful battle with the Gatekeeper were still very much alive.

The sun was just setting as he arrived to Passwall, the last stop before leaving the Shivering Isles. He decided to spend a night in the Wastrel's Purse and continue his march out of the Isles the next day.
Acadian
More nice shots of Vion. Looks like he has the Lothran 'Gotta Getoutta Here' disease. That's good I figure, as it gets him out of the SI before he goes crazy. He really does look like his dad - only a lot better. Just ask that Altmer in Bliss. tongue.gif
Renee
Hoo ahahh.... Swimming in the Isles. Look at that. LOok at those colors. Yeah, I need a vacation.

Do they have horses in Shivering Isles? Or something more bizarre? Either way, make sure you check the hooves on whatever hooved beast you've got. Especially if Vion gets insulted or taunted by someone.
SubRosa
Off to Cyrodiil to get some fresh air? My character Morrigan - who explored the entire Isles - enchanted a pair of boots with water walking to get around easier.
mALX
QUOTE(Lopov @ Sep 22 2015, 06:17 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 21 2015, 08:32 PM) *
Looks like in spite of their name, those Dark Seducers don't want any manflesh in their private base. No man cooties! laugh.gif
Some time ago Vion already had troubles "evading" a certain lady from Bliss. laugh.gif He was unsure what to say to reaction. indifferent.gif

@Renee - yeah, he'll make sure to stay away from his FARTher. biggrin.gif

Anyway, time for fresh screenies:

As soon as Vion was back in the Fringe, passing a now-dead Gatekeeper, he felt better because he was one step closer to Cyrodiil. Memories from the painful battle with the Gatekeeper were still very much alive.

The sun was just setting as he arrived to Passwall, the last stop before leaving the Shivering Isles. He decided to spend a night in the Wastrel's Purse and continue his march out of the Isles the next day.

These are some great shots, really represent the "feel" of the Isles; and Vion being barefoot accentuates that sensation. Really great shots!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 22 2015, 09:03 AM) *

Off to Cyrodiil to get some fresh air? My character Morrigan - who explored the entire Isles - enchanted a pair of boots with water walking to get around easier.

When they take Passwell off the map and block you from it after you kill the Gatekeeper; is it possible to walk/swim around to Passwell and access the portal to Cyrodiil or have they put up primitives around the water side too?

I've tried doing that before, but can't remember if I was able to reach it or not. Has anyone else tried it?
ghastley
QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 22 2015, 10:25 AM) *

When they take Passwell off the map and block you from it after you kill the Gatekeeper; is it possible to walk/swim around to Passwell and access the portal to Cyrodiil or have they put up primitives around the water side too?

There are always collision boxes blocking the Fringe worldspace from the rest of SI, as much so you can't jump out in the early game as against jumping in later.

You can swim complete around the outside of the Fringe, and land on the other side, but there's no back door to use. The only connectors are the Mania and Dementia gates.

The inside of the Fringe is/are two separate worldspaces, and the doors get swapped to go the "ordered" copy during the related quests. Open Cities does not do an Open Fringe! (Although I do run with an Open New Sheoth). If you go tcl-flying, you'll find an empty Fringe in the SI worldspace.
mirocu
QUOTE(Lopov @ Sep 22 2015, 12:17 PM) *

Nice screenies goodjob.gif

There seems to be a trend here; leaving Shivering Isles biggrin.gif
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 22 2015, 11:13 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 22 2015, 10:25 AM) *

There are always collision boxes blocking the Fringe worldspace from the rest of SI, as much so you can't jump out in the early game as against jumping in later.

You can swim complete around the outside of the Fringe, and land on the other side, but there's no back door to use. The only connectors are the Mania and Dementia gates.

The inside of the Fringe is/are two separate worldspaces, and the doors get swapped to go the "ordered" copy during the related quests. Open Cities does not do an Open Fringe! (Although I do run with an Open New Sheoth). If you go tcl-flying, you'll find an empty Fringe in the SI worldspace.

Well that is really interesting to learn! I never had Shivering Isles for my PC, only for my 360 game, so had no way to check it out except swimming (which I had done, but couldn't remember the result of - and now have no way to check it out again since my 360 broke a year ago).

Thanks Ghastley!

Lopov
Thanks all again. smile.gif

--

The following morning was rainy but this didn't stop Vion from leaving the Shivering Isles. Putting his hood on, he walked through the Fringe to the portal to Cyrodiil.

And was pleasantly surprised when he found that weather in Cyrodiil was all but rainy.

He swam over the Niben and met some Bravil locals on their usual Sundas hunt. They chatted for some time, and told Vion that his father officially cut him out of his will on the day he left Bravil. But even more shocking were news of the Emperor's death.

He ventured north, exploring Robbe's Glen Cave on the way and stopped at Faregyl Inn to spend a night. The following morning he killed the Potato Snatcher, an Ogre responsible for stealing Jumbo Potatoes from S'jirra the Khajiit cook.

Later on he bought new clothes and sat on a wall outside the inn until sunset, feeling good being back in Cyrodiil. He decided to stay at Faregly Inn for some time.
mirocu
QUOTE(Lopov @ Sep 24 2015, 10:54 AM) *

He swam over the Niben and met some Bravil locals on their usual Sundas hunt.

I have never seen them do that!! blink.gif
Acadian
A beautiful day in Cyrodiil for sure! How neat to encounter Daenlin and Jean Pierre out hunting – yes, I think Buffy has encountered them out doing that once in awhile (on Sundas). Aww, nice of Vion to help catch that tato thief. He looks so peaceful and content in his new outfit sitting out on that wall. How nice that the Faregyl Inn finally got a general store built on the grounds - that looks like a very welcome mod addition.
Lopov
QUOTE(mirocu @ Sep 24 2015, 11:22 AM) *
I have never seen them do that!! blink.gif
Me neither until now. Here's what it says on the Daenlin's UESP page:

On Sundas, he breaks off his usual routine and, after waking up at 6am, exits the shop for his weekly hunting trip outside of Bravil. He will hunt deer for venison just outside town on the Green Road and near the stony path leading to Flooded Mine. After only two hours of hunting, he returns to his shop and his usual routines.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 24 2015, 01:24 PM) *
How nice that the Faregyl Inn finally got a general store built on the grounds - that looks like a very welcome mod addition.
I installed MTC Expanded Villages some time ago but since Vion headed to the Isles almost immediately after leaving Bravil, I didn't see this mod "at work" until now. It's a nice addition to the remote inn.
SubRosa
Wow, I have never seen Daenlin out hunting in the woods either!

The Faregyl is looking nice with Wayside Supplies.
Renee
Ha ha Vion did the Potato Snatcher quest! That's the one Saga scoffed a couple years back. She deemed it a a waste of time.

How did you get him to sit up on that wall? That's pretty neat.

mirocu
QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 24 2015, 03:51 PM) *

Them PC users and their mods... dry.gif

mALX
QUOTE(Lopov @ Sep 24 2015, 04:54 AM) *

Thanks all again. smile.gif

--

The following morning was rainy but this didn't stop Vion from leaving the Shivering Isles. Putting his hood on, he walked through the Fringe to the portal to Cyrodiil.

And was pleasantly surprised when he found that weather in Cyrodiil was all but rainy.

He swam over the Niben and met some Bravil locals on their usual Sundas hunt. They chatted for some time, and told Vion that his father officially cut him out of his will on the day he left Bravil. But even more shocking were news of the Emperor's death.

He ventured north, exploring Robbe's Glen Cave on the way and stopped at Faregyl Inn to spend a night. The following morning he killed the Potato Snatcher, an Ogre responsible for stealing Jumbo Potatoes from S'jirra the Khajiit cook.

Later on he bought new clothes and sat on a wall outside the inn until sunset, feeling good being back in Cyrodiil. He decided to stay at Faregly Inn for some time.

These are some great shots! And sitting on the wall = how did you do it? That is Awesome!

Renee
QUOTE(mirocu @ Sep 24 2015, 10:11 AM) *

Them PC users and their mods... dry.gif

Yeah you know?

laugh.gif

ghastley
QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 24 2015, 09:51 AM) *

The standard way is to pose the character using one of the pose mods, and then use the console to move the world (containing the wall) to the right relative position. biggrin.gif

Renee
QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 24 2015, 04:08 PM) *

The standard way is to pose the character using one of the pose mods, and then use the console to move the world (containing the wall) to the right relative position. biggrin.gif

Yikes, that sounds like way too much work. lol. Then again, the end result looks pretty amazing, so it's worth it to get that awesome screenshot.

mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 24 2015, 04:08 PM) *

GAAAAAH! How do you move the world?

*mALX's head explodes*

Lopov
Vion is able to sit anywhere thanks to the Anywhere Sittable mod. You get a seating cushion and you can place it anywhere you want.

Ha ha Vion did the Potato Snatcher quest! That's the one Saga scoffed a couple years back. She deemed it a a waste of time.
But you can buy Famous Potato Bread for 25 gold per loaf if you complete the quest. tongue.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Lopov @ Sep 25 2015, 06:41 AM) *

Vion is able to sit anywhere thanks to the Anywhere Sittable mod. You get a seating cushion and you can place it anywhere you want.

But you can buy Famous Potato Bread for 25 gold per loaf if you complete the quest. tongue.gif

Downloaded that mod, thank you for the link!

But don't you think a kiss from S'Jirra is worth it? laugh.gif

Lopov
A grave-like rock

Such rocks are quite common in Great Forest but this one Vion found the first, thinking it was a grave at first.

Is it going to rain?

Yes, it did but only for a short time.

Clannfear attacks

With Francesco's mod these daedric creatures appear at low levels too.

Imperial in the air

I don't remember what was inside so it probably wasn't anything of importance.

Clavicus Vile figurine

Between two fires

The man with the golden gun silver sword
Acadian
Gosh, that rock does look like a gravestone.

Clannfears are soo cool! Foe-seeking missiles.

Can’t resist a hard to reach chest – even though it is likely to have 2 septims and mushroom in it. tongue.gif

It is so neat to discover that little Clavicus figurine on the bed post.

Vion looks great in his new shirt and silver sword.
Renee
QUOTE(Lopov @ Sep 27 2015, 06:16 AM) *

Ha ha I was waiting for a Lopov shot. Whoa, there's a Clavy Vile figurine?

Cyrodiilic sundown

Umbacano's ultimate

I walk the line.

Give me, it's mine

Back to the grind

devilsmile.gif
SubRosa

A grave-like rock

Such rocks are quite common in Great Forest but this one Vion found the first, thinking it was a grave at first.

Is it going to rain?

Clannfear attacks

Imperial in the air

Clavicus Vile figurine

Between two fires

That rock does look like a headstone. Maybe one of Persephone's old friends is burying under there after all?

Clannfears at low levels? Yikes!

Vion is flyinnnn'! Flyinnnn sooooo Hiiiiiiiiiigh! biggrin.gif

Now that he has his golden gun silver sword, is Vion going to be become a Bond villain? laugh.gif

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 27 2015, 09:04 AM) *

Cyrodiilic sundown

Umbacano's ultimate

I walk the line.

Give me, it's mine

Back to the grind

devilsmile.gif

What a beautiful sunset! What I love most about Oblivion is simply how lovely Cyrodiil looks.

She's living on the edge! I do the same thing my characters. smile.gif

You found all the statues! Did you steal them back?
Lopov
I agree with SubRosa, Cyrodiil looks stunning, especially after not playing Oblivion for some time. Really nice shots, renegade. I walk the line is my favorite from the series.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 27 2015, 01:56 PM) *
It is so neat to discover that little Clavicus figurine on the bed post.
I wonder whether all Daedric deities have figurines in Cyrodiil. I remember seeing Molag Bal somewhere though I don't recall where. And I've seen little Namira too, I'm sure.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 27 2015, 05:54 PM) *
Clannfears at low levels? Yikes!
Anything's better than spriggans. cool.gif

That's up to Kahreem, I guess.
SubRosa
QUOTE(Lopov @ Sep 27 2015, 12:17 PM) *

That's up to Kahreem, I guess.

The Wheet Bandit will strike again! Now that Lex and his shiny armor are out of the picture, no one in the Imperial City is safe! laugh.gif
Acadian
Renee-

As SubRosa and Lopov have said, that’s a beautiful sunset alright! happy.gif

The last of the ten ancestors. I think I’ve only completed that quest one time. smile.gif

Walking up on the guard rail of that high bridge is something I’ve never considered. ohmy.gif

Ahhh, it is so wonderful to melt back into the dark comfort of shadows and a dungeon to delve into. emot-ninja1.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 27 2015, 03:04 PM) *

Really nice pics, Renee smile.gif I especially loved the first and third ones, wonderful atmosphere!

And I´ve never seen a full Ayleid statue cabinet! ohmy.gif
mALX

A grave-like rock

Is it going to rain?

Clannfear attacks

Imperial in the air

Clavicus Vile figurine

Between two fires

That rock does look like a tombstone! That is Awesome!

I lost a lot of health and wasted a lot of time climbing up and then jumping down trying to get that chest too, lol.

Vion is in Fort Roebeck!

Great shots !!!

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 27 2015, 09:04 AM) *

Cyrodiilic sundown

Umbacano's ultimate

I walk the line.

Give me, it's mine

Back to the grind

devilsmile.gif

Cyrodiilic sundown is fantastic, what a great shot!

Your graphics are amazing, what great textures in the shot of the staute in the dungeon!

Holy Cow, no way I'd walk that rail like that!!! I'd fall ... and who is that conehead looking guy following you, and why is the horse following him?

You really should add this shot to the "Caption This" or the "Where am I" threads, try to win one so you can! This shot is amazing!!!

Oh yeah, I haven't ever left those statues in Umbacano's house, lol. Once he is gone, the statues come home, laugh.gif

Renee
Yes, mirocu, Lady Saga found all ten statues! In other words, one of mine actually accomplished something! biggrin.gif

mALX: Thanks hon! The conehead is an Imperial Forester. Saga gave him a dwemer helmet awhile back and he always wears that stupid thing! laugh.gif

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 27 2015, 11:54 AM) *

Ha ha wouldn't that be fun?

QUOTE(Lopov @ Sep 27 2015, 12:17 PM) *

I walk the line is my favorite from the series.

Here you go!
mALX
QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 28 2015, 06:19 PM) *

I LOVED Johnny Cash!!!!

Lopov
There's never too much of Johnny. Maybe the theme song for Sarah could be Ring of Fire.

Anyway, here's fort Black Boot once again as shown in the Where am I? thread. How did it get such a name, Vion doesn't know, nor does his friend Alix Lencolia from Faregyl Inn.

Silver swords are ready

To hack'n'slash some Clannfears

Here resides Adept Conjurer

Whom Vion killed with first strike

For the end here's a typical Lopov's shot as Renee would say.
Acadian
Vion and Alix with silver swords for carving clannfears and conjuredudes! Sounds like great fun! In the last shot, Vion continues to look gr8888888! biggrin.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Lopov @ Sep 29 2015, 11:32 AM) *

There's never too much of Johnny. Maybe the theme song for Sarah could be Ring of Fire.

Anyway, here's fort Black Boot once again as shown in the Where am I? thread. How did it get such a name, Vion doesn't know, nor does his friend Alix Lencolia from Faregyl Inn.

Silver swords are ready

To hack'n'slash some Clannfears

Here resides Adept Conjurer

Whom Vion killed with first strike

For the end here's a typical Lopov's shot as Renee would say.

I thought that was Alix, but have never seen him that far away from the Faregyl!

Looks like Vion is carrying Umbra!

I Love the straight into the camera face shots you do; I've never been abe to capture one and wish I could. They always seem to show expressions that suit the character's personaity so we, too! Deeno always looked a bit wicked in his, and Vion always looks a little naive and sweet. Really wish I could do shots like that of Maxical! '

Great shots, Lopov!

SubRosa
Vion looks like he's posing for GQ in that last pic!
SubRosa
Harcane Grove? I know what that means. Prepare to be horned!

Awww, they killed the Unicorn? sad.gif

Vion and Alix better be careful not to end up in a watery grave!
Lopov
They didn't intend to kill it but when they were fighting a minotaur, the uni spotted them and then there was no way back. indifferent.gif
Renee
QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 29 2015, 01:38 PM) *

I Love the straight into the camera face shots you do;

I know, right? :There's something about them.

Wow, some of the outdoor shots are stunning. I've only been playing Skyrim for a few days now (finally eschewing 'blivion) and I'm already not used to seeing so much stunning color on-screen.

LOL Vion got attacked by UNI! rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif You go boy! XD
mALX
QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 2 2015, 03:01 PM) *

Aw, the poor Unicorn! But once you have drawn a sword in front of her, she won't stop attacking even if you run and run and run; she never stops! Don't ever bring her to the Priory when the Mythic Dawn are attacking Jauffre and Martin; or to the Battle for Bruma = she kills Martin and Jauffre if they aren't essential at the time, and if they are she just keeps on knocking them unconscious forever till you reload a previous save before she got riled, lol.

Dear gods, can Alix swim? Is that him with his shirt off? What happened, how did you get him to strip?

These shots are Awesome, but I'm sad over the Unicorn. She lives in my game, always (even if it means reloading a previous save).

verysad.gif

Lopov
When swimming, I usually make my characters undress their shirts so that's what Vion and Alix did, well Alix did it with the help of CSR.
mALX
QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 3 2015, 04:50 AM) *

When swimming, I usually make my characters undress their shirts so that's what Vion and Alix did, well Alix did it with the help of CSR.

Oh, thank you for the link! I think that is the same mod Acadian used to use!
Lopov
While staying in Pell's Gate, Vion met a rooster named Pell, a local legend and supposedly the founder of Pell's Gate.

He made a trip to a nearby fort and spotted Bruma from its highest wall.

Now a journeyman with Blades, Vion tested his newly-learned swing on marauders inhabiting the fort.

He brought some gifts for locals of Pell's Gate - a claymore of weariness for Irroke the Wide and a silver bow for Schlera.

Renee
That's awesome he helped the folks of Pell's Gate with some better protection. Yeah, those folks need some better weapons.

mALX
QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 5 2015, 06:55 AM) *

While staying in Pell's Gate, Vion met a rooster named Pell, a local legend and supposedly the founder of Pell's Gate.

He made a trip to a nearby fort and spotted Bruma from its highest wall.

Now a journeyman with Blades, Vion tested his newly-learned swing on marauders inhabiting the fort.

He brought some gifts for locals of Pell's Gate - a claymore of weariness for Irroke the Wide and a silver bow for Schlera.

This is so cool that you are able to give such great gifts to people! Is this part of that mod you posted the link to the other day?

I hate to say this, but I can't see Bruma in that screen, laugh.gif Can you circle it?

Great shots - and I never knew about "Pell," you taught me something completely new about Oblivion, and I've been playing it since 2006 !!!

ghastley
QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 5 2015, 03:14 PM) *

I hate to say this, but I can't see Bruma in that screen, laugh.gif Can you circle it?

Right above his head. If he was wearing a halo, it wouldn't need circling. biggrin.gif
Lopov
That rooster is part of the mod which expands villages, he's not named Pell and he's certainly not a founder of Pell's Gate, I made it up. biggrin.gif
Decrepit
Though my Oblivion playthrough is currently on hiatus, it somehow doesn't seem proper to not give my decrepit avatar his visual due in these forums. Nothing new here. Those who follow his adventures on the official forums are welcome to move along with no harm done.

Looking Toward Hammerfell. A first play-through image. All else is from my second, current play-through.

Hamfat Hamkin in the restored Temple of the One, Imperial City. Possibly my favorite close-up view of the decrepit Champion. He oft visits the Temple to pay his respects to Martin Septim and renew two important blessing. I no longer recall why Vilja does not accompany him. Most likely he let her sleep in late while he journeyed to the Imperial City to gather assignments.

Two Asses Outside Rockmilk. My avatar and Groucho relax prior to a periodic cleansing of the caves. Much of my avatar's wealth was/is amassed from the sale of looted armor acquired in Rockmilk. Rockmilk runs are one of his few solo endeavors, with Vilja left to her own devices in Leyawiin. (They would have arrived in Leyawiin on patrol the night before.)

Inside Rockmilk. I like the textures and composition.

Dealing with Jensine. My avatar and Vilja visit the Market District to sell self-made potions.

Conferring in the Count's Arms. My avatar solicits a package delivery assignment from the Merchants Guild.

A Book at Bedtime. Weye Manor. Evening. At the end of the day, circumstances permitting, Vil often reads passages aloud at the fireplace. (My avatar's vision at close distance is no longer the best.)

Sunrise over the Imperial City. My avatar sits on his Weye Manor third-floor private balcony. He consumes many a breakfast and bedtime snack there. His bedroom is entered through a door behind him. Vilja sleeps on the floor below. Wolfgang has run of the first floor. Groucho is tethered in the stables along with their mounts Arrowspeed and Bruse.

What the above does not reflect is that the gang spend the vast majority of the their time constantly patrolling Cyrodiil's major highways, keeping them safe for honest travelers. For that, we turn to Shenanigans Along the Silver and Mayhem Amidst the Mounts, episodes three and four of a four part short-lived YouTube series documenting my avatar and the gang as they go about their mundane daily affairs. Here we see them patrol the Silver between the Imperial City and Bruma. This is honest gameplay footage which I later edit to remove the more boring bits and voice my avatar. I feel it accurately represents my conception of him. (For whatever reason they don't look their best, even at 720p, when seen full-screen on my 1080p monitor.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.