Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are you playing?
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102
Darkness Eternal
Its a great game. Has action, humor and good game play. I just dislike a few things like being labeled a bad sport online and forced to wear a dunce hat around the city with other players of equal standing. We get those if we blow up other people's cars or quit a mission.

Problem is, when I'm trying to buy some clothes and get some money and some jerk comes along and runs me over three times in a row . . . I am going to put an explosive in his vehicle. Plain and simple. Yet I get banned from normal gameplay for two days -_-

But its all good. I'm glitching in areas where Rockstar could care less: The Bad Sport lobbies.

I don't know how old you are but I'm guessing you're maybe thirteen or fourteen, right? I've seen younger children play the game. Little kids no older than seven play online all the time. We can tell as much by their crying and whining. And yes, they literately do cry when they get killed by other players.

Does your parents not allow you to play because its a Rated M game or because there's so much negative media information from our fellow clowns in high places?
King Coin
What? I thought blowing up cars is what GTA is all about. huh.gif
Darkness Eternal
Yeah, cars that people don't own. It was a stupid concept and many others agree. The only penalty they should keep is have players pay insurance for the car, which we already do. I paid $7000 ingame cash for the destruction of the guy's car. That should be enough. GTA is about mayhem and fun. Apparently Rockstar wants us to hold hands and sing Kumbaya.
Kiln
Black Ops 2. I'm just playing this to hold me over until Battlefield 4 is out. I like to mix fast paced FPS games in with my RPG's to mix things up. I mainly play stuff like Fallout, Elderscrolls, and various other semi-slow paced RPG's.
mirocu
QUOTE(Kiln @ Oct 29 2013, 08:11 AM) *

I like to mix fast paced FPS games in with my RPG's to mix things up.

Same here which is why Iīve played VtM:B and Bioshock in between Oblivion sessions. Itīs good sometimes to have a clear mission to which you just run īn shoot. It makes you appreciate the much slower pace when you come back to Oblivion smile.gif
ImperialSnob
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Oct 29 2013, 01:50 AM) *

Its a great game. Has action, humor and good game play. I just dislike a few things like being labeled a bad sport online and forced to wear a dunce hat around the city with other players of equal standing. We get those if we blow up other people's cars or quit a mission.

Problem is, when I'm trying to buy some clothes and get some money and some jerk comes along and runs me over three times in a row . . . I am going to put an explosive in his vehicle. Plain and simple. Yet I get banned from normal gameplay for two days -_-

But its all good. I'm glitching in areas where Rockstar could care less: The Bad Sport lobbies.

I don't know how old you are but I'm guessing you're maybe thirteen or fourteen, right? I've seen younger children play the game. Little kids no older than seven play online all the time. We can tell as much by their crying and whining. And yes, they literately do cry when they get killed by other players.

Does your parents not allow you to play because its a Rated M game or because there's so much negative media information from our fellow clowns in high places?

I'm 13 and in Ireland they don't care about video games in the goverment/media.

My Dad is a gamer so he'd know whats in the game,it's not that it's rated 18s,I've played other rated 18 games.
Kiln
Tonight I'm going to attempt to build Seyda Neen in Minecraft. We'll see if I have the patience to do it.
Rohirrim
QUOTE(Kiln @ Oct 29 2013, 05:55 PM) *

Tonight I'm going to attempt to build Seyda Neen in Minecraft. We'll see if I have the patience to do it.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! goodjob.gif Good luck!
Acadian
QUOTE(Kiln @ Oct 29 2013, 02:55 PM) *

You're going to build Seyda Neen?

Is she pretty?

Okay, it's a joke. I know what Seyda Neen is; after all, it's quite close to the Acadian Isles. wink.gif
Kiln
QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 29 2013, 10:09 PM) *

Is she pretty?

Okay, it's a joke. I know what Seyda Neen is; after all, it's quite close to the Acadian Isles. wink.gif

Seyda Neen is pretty in a "small town located in a festering bog" kind of way. laugh.gif
Rohirrim
QUOTE(Kiln @ Oct 29 2013, 06:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 29 2013, 10:09 PM) *

Is she pretty?

Seyda Neen is pretty in a "small town located in a festering bog" kind of way. laugh.gif

Ain't it just? biggrin.gif
Callidus Thorn
Since I don't have an Oblivion character at present, I headed back to Dark Souls, or as I sometimes think of it; Dead is Dead training.

I might actually manage to complete it this time, who knows?
stargelman
Maybe get a blister on your liiiiitle finger, maybe get a blister on your thumb.

Play the guitar on the err... Rocksmith 2014.

Fun "game". Much more fun for learning the guitar than that stupid book I've owned for ten years now and touched only once. And I do already have a blister on my left hand middle finger biggrin.gif
mALX
QUOTE(stargelman @ Oct 31 2013, 05:38 PM) *

Maybe get a blister on your liiiiitle finger, maybe get a blister on your thumb.

Fun "game". Much more fun for learning the guitar than that stupid book I've owned for ten years now and touched only once. And I do already have a blister on my left hand middle finger biggrin.gif

Get your money for nothing and your chicks for free?

stargelman
QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 31 2013, 10:55 PM) *

Free money? I wish.
Kiln
QUOTE(stargelman @ Oct 31 2013, 10:00 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 31 2013, 10:55 PM) *

Free money? I wish.

I see your location says "in bed with Madonna" so just borrow some from her. laugh.gif
Rohirrim
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, which I just got lent. Fun in a "use a sword made out of the bones of your slain foes" kinda way.
Callidus Thorn
Pokemon Y

Gotta love Pokemon
Rohirrim
Roblox. I know, I know. It's not unbearable if the five-year-olds happen to leave game, and I've really been enjoying this one about Ancient Greece...look, don't knock it till you've tried it, mkay? tongue.gif
mirocu
I am once again pondering whether or not to play through Deus Ex one more time. I did actually start another playthrough a few months ago but I didnīt even get to the sneaking part of the tutorial before it just felt wrong. I must be in the right mood to play it and maybe itīs time soon to pick up where I left off?

Time, as they say, will tell smile.gif
stargelman
My endurance to play Deus Ex is directly correlated to the role I've decided to play. Trying to get through that game without killing people for instance is extremely hard and frustrating. Even normal combat is pretty tough in that game - the biggest issue is the constant shortage of ammo. But the game is great so it's worth it smile.gif
mirocu
Iīve seen non-lethal playthroughs and it is possible. Not only do you have the tazer and the tranquilizer darts, but the baton just knockes them out and the pepper spray can blind them so you can run past and disappear. It is harder though but I devide my strategies.

When I work for UNATCO Iīm a cop and supposedly one of the good guys which means I donīt kill unless I have to. I prefer the tranq darts and tazer for the "terrorists".
When I defect and thus work for the real good guys I use regular guns because I feel deceived but also because whatīs happening is so sick (purpously making people ill) that in my mind it justifies hard ammo.

Thereīs no saving the baddies here IPB Image
Callidus Thorn
Now playing Daggerfall.

Or trying to. I don't think I can really say I'm playing it until I've had a character leave the starting dungeon.
mirocu
Playing Arena. Though a bit clunky as expected, this game has huge amount of atmosphere! At least for now tongue.gif
I just hope I can find the way out of the tutorial dungeon...
Kiln
QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Nov 8 2013, 02:52 PM) *

Now playing Daggerfall.

Or trying to. I don't think I can really say I'm playing it until I've had a character leave the starting dungeon.

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 8 2013, 04:09 PM) *

Playing Arena. Though a bit clunky as expected, this game has huge amount of atmosphere! At least for now tongue.gif
I just hope I can find the way out of the tutorial dungeon...

Yeah I feel for you guys. I always recommend to people that they simply skip the first two games when they play the series. Broken and redundant come time mind when talking about the skills and the main dungeons are guaranteed to kill even seasoned players a handful of times.
mirocu
And to those who say graphics is not important I say play Arena and then jump to Oblivion or Skyrim! tongue.gif Of course graphics is not all there is to a good game, but to say itīs not important is to simply flat out lie. I played another game that came out in 1994 called CyClones and that game had incredible graphics compared to Arena, not to mention full cinematic cutscenes! And the gameplay was miles ahead.

I do wanna play these early TES games though, just to see what theyīre about so to speak.
SubRosa
QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 8 2013, 03:49 PM) *

And to those who say graphics is not important I say play Arena and then jump to Oblivion or Skyrim! tongue.gif Of course graphics is not all there is to a good game, but to say itīs not important is to simply flat out lie. I played another game that came out in 1994 called CyClones and that game had incredible graphics compared to Arena, not to mention full cinematic cutscenes! And the gameplay was miles ahead.

I do wanna play these early TES games though, just to see what theyīre about so to speak.

To be honest, I do not mind the graphics in Daggerfall at all, that is coming from playing Skyrim just minutes beforehand. The gameplay is all I really care about, things like how easy is it to move around, attack things, pick things up, and so forth. That is the part that is turning me off.
King Coin
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 8 2013, 07:42 PM) *

The gameplay is all I really care about, things like how easy is it to move around, attack things, pick things up, and so forth. That is the part that is turning me off.

Yeah, I can't get used to the bizarre controls.
mirocu
Seeing the graphics in Arena made me realize how important it really is to a game. I want the whole package, not just good gameplay. If the game has NPCs made out of two pixels and everything rotates when I move to only display one side at every time then my eyes just puke tongue.gif Also, good sound is also very important to me.

Thatīs not to say I want games with good graphics and terrible gameplay, it works both ways smile.gif
Callidus Thorn
Reading that makes me glad I skipped Arena.

That said I might be calling it quits on Daggerfall. Trying to fight rats you can't actually see gets tiresome.
mirocu
What do you mean you donīt see them? huh.gif
ImperialSnob
Arena wasn't actually that great of a game,it was a VERY shakey begining to the TES Series(in sales too,only sold 3,000 copies first time around!) and Daggerfall was a bit better but neither have aged well.
SubRosa
QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Nov 9 2013, 05:23 AM) *

That said I might be calling it quits on Daggerfall. Trying to fight rats you can't actually see gets tiresome.

What I did to fight the rats was crouch down. That puts you eye to eye with them. Click on Options in the big menu bar at the bottom, and then click on Controls. That will show you the whole keyboard layout. You can remap keys from there as well. One of the first things I did was change the movement keys to WASD.
King Coin
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 9 2013, 10:05 AM) *

What I did to fight the rats was crouch down. That puts you eye to eye with them. Click on Options in the big menu bar at the bottom, and then click on Controls. That will show you the whole keyboard layout. You can remap keys from there as well. One of the first things I did was change the movement keys to WASD.

I did not know you could do that. I may give it another go later if I could move with WASD. Do you still have to click on the edges of the screen to turn?
SubRosa
QUOTE(King Coin @ Nov 9 2013, 11:11 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 9 2013, 10:05 AM) *

I did not know you could do that. I may give it another go later if I could move with WASD. Do you still have to click on the edges of the screen to turn?

No, you can use the keys to both turn, and to slide left and right.
treydog
You can change the mouse behavior such that you "look" where the mouse is pointing. Tilt up- look up, turn left- look left, etc.
King Coin
QUOTE(treydog @ Nov 9 2013, 11:50 AM) *

You can change the mouse behavior such that you "look" where the mouse is pointing. Tilt up- look up, turn left- look left, etc.

Then attacking would be dizzying, correct?
Colonel Mustard
I'm playing Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and doing what I usually do; get carried away creating rollercoasters and creating nausea-causing monsters of rides that induce g-forces strong enough to kill a person. Either that, or building kickass swimming pool complexes with awesome waterslides that everyone loves.
SubRosa
QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Nov 9 2013, 05:23 AM) *

Forgot to mention. You can also look up and down with the Insert and Delete keys. But I find crouching to be easier.
Callidus Thorn
Yeah, I know, I just hadn't gotten around to remapping the controls yet. I'll give it a try later this evening, see if it makes the game any less cumbersome.
Kiln
QUOTE(King Coin @ Nov 9 2013, 06:05 PM) *

QUOTE(treydog @ Nov 9 2013, 11:50 AM) *

Then attacking would be dizzying, correct?

Personally, I think it already is.
treydog
Hmmm. I seem to have done away with the DOS partition I used to play Daggerfall from the original disk.

Let me download the free version and fiddle around a bit, so I can actually pretend to know what I am talking about.

I wonder if the z.cfg edits are still usable with this version? (If so, I strongly recommend them for dungeon-delving, especially dungeons that are quest-related).

Also- during character creation- TAKE the ebony dagger from the Emperor! It will allow you to kill the stupid imp near the end of Pirate's Hold.
King Coin
Please share when you do. This looks like a good game if I can just get the controls usable.
SubRosa
Helga the Barbarian escaped Privateers Hold and is current in Uptown looking to sell off her loot. I discovered that the Elven weapons can harm the imps. So I just went around the imps at first, then once I got my first elven longsword I went back and hacked them to pieces.

I finally figured out how to attack. You have to put the cursor at one of the screen edges, then hold down the right mouse button and move it toward the opposite screen. Then you attack.

I started using the mouse look, and so far I prefer it over the default way it works. Attacking is not so bad. When you hold down the right mouse button the screen freezes, then you move your mouse and it attacks. Just be sure you have the button down before you move the mouse, otherwise you are going to wind up looking the other way instead of slashing! laugh.gif Press the Enter key when you want to go back into cursor mode, then you can click on the things on the menu. Or memorize the keybindings and you never need to do that.
mirocu
Still sounds a bit awkward tongue.gif

Tried Arena yet, Sub?
SubRosa
QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 9 2013, 05:02 PM) *

Still sounds a bit awkward tongue.gif

Tried Arena yet, Sub?

It is actually not that bad at all. Especially for a game that is 17 years old. I do not think it is any worse than playing Duke Nukem 3d was back in the day, or Blood.

I used the tweaks on the download page to smooth the performance, and I think that may have helped some.

I stared up Arena just to see if it works, but have not really played any of it. I think I will probably stick with Daggerfall for a while first. Two of the characters in my current fic were involved in the events in Daggerfall - One was the Agent/Hero, and the other his companion. So I am more interested in it than Arena.
mirocu
Still fire up DN3D once in awhile wink.gif

Love the Dark side of the moon stage best! happy.gif
treydog
Yes- mouse look on, so your "head" moves with the mouse.

For those of us who are less dexterous, it also help to reverse the mouse buttons for attacking, so that holding down LEFT mouse and then "swinging" launches the attack.

Another character creation trick that can be very helpful is with the restrictions.

Toss out some of the weaker materials for armor and weapons (iron for example). Then put the points toward something else...

Be careful of big restrictions- like "healing only in darkness" (or light).

If you don't mind cheating in character creation, you can also exploit racial immunities versus "Weakness to" negatives. (Or you used to be able to- if that has not been patched).

For example- if your race is immune to poison, you can get the points for Weakness Poison without risk.

ETA- You can edit the z.cfg file. The main purpose of this is to enable Cheatmode. That may seem- well, like cheating- because it is.

However, the reason to do so is to be able to use left and right bracket [ and ] to go from place to place in the sprawling, randomly generated dungeons. Those places include- quest targets and the EXIT.

Alternately, if you do not like cheating- DO go to a Mages Guild or Temple and purchase the Mark and Recall spell. When you first enter a dungeon- set your Mark at the entrance.

As far as the DOSBox method of playing, I think it would work better on a full DOS partition (if one is a DOS dinosaur like me).

Or, if that is too much work, writing a simple batch file with all the mount commands will save time when you want to play.
Colonel Mustard
*Reads complicated Daggerfall stuff. Feels extremely glad to be playing Roller Coaster Tycoon instead*

On that note, check out Tropico Beach! It's my theme park, and it has a volcano! And absurdly cool rollercoasters!
mirocu
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Nov 11 2013, 10:58 AM) *

check out Tropico Beach! It's my theme park, and it has a volcano! And absurdly cool rollercoasters!

ohmy.gif I WANNA COME PLAY!!! panic.gif

biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.