Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are you playing?
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102
Kiln
QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Apr 8 2013, 10:55 AM) *

Would you all say Bioshock Infinite could be enjoyable to a person who has never played the original Bioshock?

My younger brother played through it and said it was still amazingly good, he called it one of the best games he's ever played. Sure it's nice to have played the last Bioshock games but not strictly necessary.

You can still enjoy this thing a lot without any previous experience with the series.
SubRosa
QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 8 2013, 03:50 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 8 2013, 09:47 PM) *

I have a second PC next to my gaming rig as well, though I usually do not use it for much. It does come in handy for looking up console codes, or looking through a game faq or wiki if I am stuck.

Cheater! tongue.gif

How else can I beat the games! ph34r me n00bs! All Your Base Are Belong To Us!
Colonel Mustard
I started playing E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy again. God, this game is completely insane...
King Of Beasts
Two worlds.

It might not be the best game, but I still like it.
Kiln
The second one was pretty good, didn't like the first.
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(Kiln @ Apr 18 2013, 07:07 PM) *

The second one was pretty good, didn't like the first.

I like both of them.
mirocu
Iīve decided that if I get a steady job at this place Iīve been looking at, Iīm gonna fire up Deus Ex the Original ™ again happy.gif

I try to get enough space between playthroughs so I forget at least parts of it so I can enjoy it more when I pick it up again. So far though it doesnīt look good, I can still run the whole game in my head dry.gif
McBadgere
Aaargh!!...

Dilemma time...*Sigh*...I hate those...

Having mentioned elsewhere, I am so very tempted to play the Fallout: New Vegas DLC, Old World Blues...

However, I watched the boy play Gran Turismo 5 earlier...My Gods that game is fun...So I also wanna play that now...

And then, this afto after Avatar, the wife went on Skyrim...My Gods that game is fun...So I als-...Wait a minute... huh.gif ...

Sorry...Yeah, I'm kinda wanting to get back to me J'zirlo game... sad.gif ...Just to see how difficult he'd find his dragon killing on Legendary (DL-ed the 1.9 patch earlier)...109MB in less than a minute... wink.gif ...GO BT INFINITY!!*Sigh* wub.gif ...*Cough*...

Aaaamywho...Dilemma time!!... biggrin.gif ...
mirocu
Anyone played MechWarrior on PC? My buddy had it and it was quite fun. Picking out a good mech and then stomping around firing at everything!

STOMP! CLASH! THROMP! TRASCH!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
SubRosa
I have played Mechwarrior 2 and MW2: Mercenaries on the PC. Pure awesomeness.
mirocu
Now when I think about it... it may have been Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries that we played... Gee, it was such a long time ago kvright.gif

Played Driver, Sub?
Colonel Mustard
I'm currently on Fallout: New Vegas again. Quality game.
PhonAntiPhon
Raven Sword 2 Sword and Shadow.
SubRosa
QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 24 2013, 02:52 PM) *

Now when I think about it... it may have been Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries that we played... Gee, it was such a long time ago kvright.gif

Played Driver, Sub?

I liked Mercenaries much better than MW2. In MW2 it did not matter how badly you got shot up in a mission, because you would start out the next one in a brand new mech. In Mercenaries you had to pay for repairs, and buy all of your replacement parts. So it really changed how you played. It even changed how I attacked enemy mechs, because if I completely destroyed an enemy mech, there would be nothing left to salvage. OTOH, a headshot that took out the pilot left the rest of the mech in perfect condition.

Driver? What is that, a golf game? Or a race car game? Back in the day I used to sometimes play Nascar 3 with my brother. That was a hard game if you turned on the realism settings! I could barely get around the track without slamming into a wall.

I am trying out Tomb Raider Anniversary. I have a hankering for the original game, and I would like to see what it plays like with a mouse and semi-modern graphics.

If anyone has ever played it on the PC before, WTF is wrong with the save feature? As far as I can tell, there is no quicksave at all. I made a hard save through the escape menu before typing this, went back to play the game from where I left off, and it will not let me load the game I saved. It is forcing me to start all over again. Why is there a save game feature if it does nothing?
mirocu
Driver is a car game. You drive around as an undercover cop, doing jobs like ramming a building or picking someone up while avoiding the law. Itīs all about the car, you never go out and do other stuff. But you do have a room which acts like your HQ but you never walk around there, you just point and click.

You can also just drive around and just look at the different cities. Fun game but far too picky with the time and where you park your car during the missions. If youīre two seconds too early or one pixel off you fail the mission and have to try again.
Colonel Mustard
I had Driver 2, years ago. I don't remember all that much of it as I was about 10 when I had it, but I do remember the police would go after you for anything. Often they'd go after you for nothing at all.
ghastley
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 25 2013, 06:44 PM) *

I am trying out Tomb Raider Anniversary. I have a hankering for the original game, and I would like to see what it plays like with a mouse and semi-modern graphics.

If anyone has ever played it on the PC before, WTF is wrong with the save feature? As far as I can tell, there is no quicksave at all. I made a hard save through the escape menu before typing this, went back to play the game from where I left off, and it will not let me load the game I saved. It is forcing me to start all over again. Why is there a save game feature if it does nothing?

IIRC the Tomb Raider series had fixed "save points" - once you reached a certain location, the game would save automatically, and you didn't have to backtrack any further. It makes the save file itself much smaller, because it only has to track health and equipment, and a location counter. I'd guess you hadn't reached the first one of those.
mirocu
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Apr 26 2013, 02:02 PM) *

I had Driver 2, years ago. I don't remember all that much of it as I was about 10 when I had it, but I do remember the police would go after you for anything. Often they'd go after you for nothing at all.

They certainly do. You can stand perfectly still and do nothing but as soon as you press the key that enables the handbrake they come after you as if you were Americaīs most wanted.
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 26 2013, 02:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Apr 26 2013, 02:02 PM) *

They certainly do. You can stand perfectly still and do nothing but as soon as you press the key that enables the handbrake they come after you as if you were Americaīs most wanted.

That was most of the fun, really; I loved playing the sandbox levels where you could drive around the city getting into massive car chases. Those were great fun.

In other news, I've finally decided to stop humming and hawing, and bite the bullet and get Dark Souls. Wish me luck, everybody...
mirocu
Iīve seen a review of Dark Souls. Looks to be a hard game..
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 26 2013, 03:23 PM) *

Iīve seen a review of Dark Souls. Looks to be a hard game..

It's difficulty is it's main selling points, but it's supposed to be one of those games where it isn't too difficult once you pay attention to patterns and stuff like that. My main concern with the game is more of a matter of the mind; many of the Dark Souls players I've 'met' on the internet are incredibly smug and immensely up themselves about the fact that they play Dark Souls, and seem to view themselves as some kind of gaming ubermensch, so while I'm interested in trying it (I had a good amount of fun on its predecessor, Demon's Souls, which had some absolutely stellar combat) I don't want to turn into a twat.

Slap me if I do, OK?
mirocu
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Apr 26 2013, 04:33 PM) *

while I'm interested in trying it (I had a good amount of fun on its predecessor, Demon's Souls, which had some absolutely stellar combat) I don't want to turn into a twat.

Slap me if I do, OK?

Iīll leave that to Liz. Somehow I think sheīd enjoy some random slapping.. biggrin.gif
SubRosa
QUOTE(ghastley @ Apr 26 2013, 09:51 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 25 2013, 06:44 PM) *

IIRC the Tomb Raider series had fixed "save points" - once you reached a certain location, the game would save automatically, and you didn't have to backtrack any further. It makes the save file itself much smaller, because it only has to track health and equipment, and a location counter. I'd guess you hadn't reached the first one of those.

This is what I have discovered. You can save any time, but it does not save your current situation, rather it saves your last checkpoint location. Which makes saves almost useless.
mirocu
Anyone played SH: Shattered Memories? Thereīs this LP I watch from time to time and the atmosphere is awesome! biggrin.gif
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 26 2013, 06:39 PM) *
Anyone played SH: Shattered Memories? Thereīs this LP I watch from time to time and the atmosphere is awesome! biggrin.gif

Meh. Silent Hill 2 is the best. Shattered Memories kind of missed the point.

Speaking of Old Skool shooters, have either of you ever played Painkiller? That's easily one of the best (if not the best) classic-style shooters around.
mirocu
Iīve heard of Painkiller but as it hasnīt attracted my attention I havenīt looked into it.

Shattered Memories may not be your typical Silent Hill game, just like some people say Oblivion isnīt your typical TES game. Guess I like those non-typical games then...
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 26 2013, 08:23 PM) *
Iīve heard of Painkiller but as it hasnīt attracted my attention I havenīt looked into it.

Shattered Memories may not be your typical Silent Hill game, just like some people say Oblivion isnīt your typical TES game. Guess I like those non-typical games then...

Look into Painkiller. That game has a gun which fire shurikens and lightning.

And it's not so much that Shattered Memories isn't a typical Silent Hill game that was my issue with it. It was that it wasn't a typical good game that was the problem (zing!).
mirocu
I guess you disliked the lack of combat? I actually found that refreshing as opposed to other games where you wander around like a tank with hundreds of weapons tongue.gif
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 26 2013, 08:56 PM) *
I guess you disliked the lack of combat? I actually found that refreshing as opposed to other games where you wander around like a tank with hundreds of weapons tongue.gif

More the lack of good writing, convincing characters, the missing the point of Silent Hill 2 and the lack of isolation that is the essential component of horror. When it's following on from SIlent Hill 2, a game which is an absolute master piece of atmosphere and psychology driven horror, and which had so much depth that it's got strange fish with big teeth and glowy bits at its bottom, then it's a hard act to follow, and probably one of the reasons why I didn't like it very much.
mirocu
Well, I liked the mystery about everything in SM. Like, where was his daughter? And why did people keep appearing and disappearing and whatīs with all the snowing and constant freezing?

Itīs a strange game but thatīs what I liked about it. No real monsters or zombies except from in the nightmare areas, plus except from a few people here and there itīs all empty and you feel alone.. I really like that smile.gif

Good thing thereīs a game for everyone wink.gif
Colonel Mustard
I've already lost count of the number of times I've been brutally murdered in Dark Souls. It's pretty fun.
mirocu
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Apr 27 2013, 10:15 AM) *

I've already lost count of the number of times I've been brutally murdered in Dark Souls. It's pretty fun.

Use the camp fires wisely cool.gif
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 27 2013, 04:20 PM) *
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Apr 27 2013, 10:15 AM) *

Use the camp fires wisely cool.gif

I'm doing my best to. Bloody hard work, but even beating your basic group of mooks feels very rewarding.

Also just played a game of Dungeons and Dragons with thirteen players in it. Waiting between 25 minutes and half an hour between turns is, I assure, incredibly boring. I think I might see if the smaller group at the club who were playing Star Wars D20 have a free slot...
McBadgere
Started New Vegas' Old World Blues DLC...Damn it's funny!!... biggrin.gif ...

I've only just started and I've acquired about seven thousand quests... biggrin.gif ...
SubRosa
I think I have given up on Tomb Raider Anniversary. The save system is just too damned frustrating.
SubRosa
Thanks to Gog.com, I have gone back to playing the the original Tomb Raider. Even after nearly twenty years, this game is still fun!
Lopov
QUOTE(McBadgere @ Apr 28 2013, 01:06 PM) *

Started New Vegas' Old World Blues DLC...Damn it's funny!!... biggrin.gif ...

I've only just started and I've acquired about seven thousand quests... biggrin.gif ...

OWB is fun though I had a lot of fun only on my 1st playthrough, next ones were not so interesting, maybe because I knew what to expect.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 29 2013, 02:00 AM) *

I think I have given up on Tomb Raider Anniversary. The save system is just too damned frustrating.

I've given up on that one as well. I came close to the end but I gave up on a first level of Atlantis where you have to jump somewhere high and you have a time limit otherwise some plates move out and you fall to your death. I played original TR when it came out and Atlantis was my least favorite there as well so I didn't miss much by skipping it in TR:A.
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 29 2013, 02:00 AM) *

This actually make sense to me although it shouldnīt tongue.gif A game can be oh so good but if a simple thing as saving is screwed up, then that game is being put back on the shelf. I mean, I just want to be able to save anytime I want and how many times I want. If I canīt do that...

Luckily it hasnīt happened alot to me happy.gif
Colonel Mustard
OK, so if there's one thing I learned from yesterday, it's that playing Dark Souls whilst zonked out on the codiene from some cough syrup is not a good way to make progress, and only helps you to flush 3000 or so precious souls right into nowhere. Guh.
milanius
Currently I am wasting my life away with Path of Exile, a fun, cheerful Diablo-like "MMO" in which you get to play one of six colorful convicts on a vacation island - slash - penal colony built on remnants of an old civilisation which may or may not be responsible for odd things on the island, like corpses getting up and ripping stuff into bite-sized chunks. Fun game, and it even expands one's vocabulary.
ThatSkyrimGuy
Skyrim (still), WGT Golf, and an MMO I recently found called "War Thunder". It's a WWII flight sim.
ImperialSnob
Smite,Far Cry 3,Red Dead Redemption,and Fifa 13.

I love all of them!

Oh and a bit of Oblivion and about to replay Skyrim with the Tropical Overhaul mod!
Colonel Mustard
Still on Dark Souls. On one hand, I loathe it with more intensity than any other game I've played. On the other, I'm having too much fun with this game to put it down.
mirocu
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ May 5 2013, 11:11 AM) *

Still on Dark Souls. On one hand, I loathe it with more intensity than any other game I've played.

If you like it and canīt put it down, why do you loathe it? blink.gif
ImperialSnob
QUOTE(mirocu @ May 5 2013, 10:15 AM) *

Still on Dark Souls. On one hand, I loathe it with more intensity than any other game I've played.

Dark Souls is suuuuuuuuuuuuuper hard but you feel like you have to beat it!

That's probaly why he loves it and loathes it.
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ May 5 2013, 10:19 AM) *
QUOTE(mirocu @ May 5 2013, 10:15 AM) *

Dark Souls is suuuuuuuuuuuuuper hard but you feel like you have to beat it!

That's probaly why he loves it and loathes it.

That, basically.

It's a sadistic bastard of a game and it hates me. I also hate it, which is why I'm determined to complete the crap out of it to spite the thing. It certainly helps that the combat is some of the best I've ever played. Not sold on the autotargeting it has, but the actual melee stuff is immensely satisfying.

In short, I keep ragequitting and the coming back again anyway.
mirocu
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ May 5 2013, 11:32 AM) *

I keep ragequitting and the coming back again anyway.

If thatīs not the best grade for a sadistically hard game I donīt know what is! laugh.gif
McBadgere
I've once more become addicted to Gran Turismo 5... biggrin.gif ...Ooopsie... laugh.gif ...
Colonel Mustard
So, has anybody played Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon yet? Only I've been looking at some trailers and stuff and that game looks insanely cool...
ImperialSnob
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ May 6 2013, 01:50 PM) *

So, has anybody played Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon yet? Only I've been looking at some trailers and stuff and that game looks insanely cool...

I haven't played it but apparently it is quite good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.