Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are you playing?
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(PhonAntiPhon @ Nov 19 2017, 03:26 PM) *

No Man's Sky. Loving it.

Hi, Khajiit was wondering if you have played this game since release or of this is a new game for you.
Dark Reaper
QUOTE(PhonAntiPhon @ Nov 19 2017, 04:26 PM) *

No Man's Sky. Loving it.

I wander how the is since they've heavily updated it?

In other news:
I sold the Switch (again) and bought a Vita, these units are getting tough to find in good shape. At least I can keep my PSN account going and I can concentrate on getting a new well needed firearm.
Dark Reaper
I'm playing Ys VIII on the PS4 finally. Probably the most beautiful game in the Ys series. Not sure why its having issues for the PC launch everything seems fine to me.
treydog
Splitting time between the free trial of ESO on the PS4 and Pillars of Eternity on the new PC. (Yes- I am in fact, late to the party as usual).

So far, really liking Pillars. I see precisely why all the other Icewind and Baldur's Gate players find it so compelling.

Still trying to learn my way around ESO- hanging around in Stross M'Kai- recruiting pirates... um... alternate economy entrepreneurs....
Callidus Thorn
On the advice of a friend I picked up Terraria. Still not really sure what I'm doing with it, but I've found some general guides that are pretty helpful.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Dec 4 2017, 08:06 AM) *

On the advice of a friend I picked up Terraria. Still not really sure what I'm doing with it, but I've found some general guides that are pretty helpful.

Is that like Minecraft but sidescrolling?
Dark Reaper
I'm playing Star Wars Battlefront 2. Its an improvement from the first game namely no more on battle orbs that teammates would troll you to get to, massive improvement to the fighter controls etc. The only downside is load times are LLLOOOONNNNG and the respawn timer could have 5 seconds bumped off it.
Callidus Thorn
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 4 2017, 04:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Dec 4 2017, 08:06 AM) *

Is that like Minecraft but sidescrolling?

Don't really know enough about either game to say one way or the other really. Having fun with Terraria though, even if I'm relying on the wiki for help
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Dec 4 2017, 02:01 PM) *

Don't really know enough about either game to say one way or the other really. Having fun with Terraria though, even if I'm relying on the wiki for help

So what do you do in Terraria? What is it about?
Callidus Thorn
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 4 2017, 08:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Dec 4 2017, 02:01 PM) *

In truth, I've not really gotten anywhere with it. At this point I'm just trying to find resources, explore the world, survive the nastier monsters that come out at night, and get some more powerful gear. As far as I can tell, there isn't really any plot to the game.
Dark Reaper
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 4 2017, 02:53 PM) *

It's basically 2D Minecraft but there are bosses. Here's a video on pretty much what you do in the game.

https://youtu.be/X9g5zKOjEW0
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Dec 4 2017, 03:12 PM) *

In truth, I've not really gotten anywhere with it. At this point I'm just trying to find resources, explore the world, survive the nastier monsters that come out at night, and get some more powerful gear. As far as I can tell, there isn't really any plot to the game.

Yeah sounds similar to Minecraft. No plot, you gather resources to build stuff and craft gear to help you survive the monsters that populate the world at night.
Decrepit
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 4 2017, 03:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Dec 4 2017, 03:12 PM) *

Yeah sounds similar to Minecraft. No plot, you gather resources to build stuff and craft gear to help you survive the monsters that populate the world at night.

<nods> I watched a few YouTube LP episodes of it when the game first released. Didn't appeal to me.
haute ecole rider
QUOTE(treydog @ Dec 3 2017, 03:12 PM) *

Splitting time between the free trial of ESO on the PS4 and Pillars of Eternity on the new PC. (Yes- I am in fact, late to the party as usual).

So far, really liking Pillars. I see precisely why all the other Icewind and Baldur's Gate players find it so compelling.

Still trying to learn my way around ESO- hanging around in Stross M'Kai- recruiting pirates... um... alternate economy entrepreneurs....

`
Wait - wait - waaaaaitaminnit!

Treydog, are you actually playing ESO this weekend????

How did I miss THIS??
treydog
QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Dec 4 2017, 11:58 PM) *

`

How did I miss THIS??

Indeed yes- through tomorrow at least. A Breton of indeterminate class is roaming Stros M'Kai with a black panther cub named Inky. Finally got some concept of crafting and alchemy last night. Now I just need to find some recipes for all this food I refuse to drop. Apparently, my Provisioning skill keeps increasing while I'm not looking.... laugh.gif

ETA- so now the free trial is over, and I am trying to decide between PS4 or PC ...

And then which version... Gold Edition? Unlimited? Basic? Fortran? As Krieg says in Borderlands 2... Too... many... icons.....
Dark Reaper
Downloaded Darksiders 2 for the PS4. I need to get the first game I actually enjoyed it.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(treydog @ Dec 5 2017, 05:16 AM) *

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Dec 4 2017, 11:58 PM) *

`

How did I miss THIS??

Indeed yes- through tomorrow at least. A Breton of indeterminate class is roaming Stros M'Kai with a black panther cub named Inky. Finally got some concept of crafting and alchemy last night. Now I just need to find some recipes for all this food I refuse to drop. Apparently, my Provisioning skill keeps increasing while I'm not looking.... laugh.gif

ETA- so now the free trial is over, and I am trying to decide between PS4 or PC ...

And then which version... Gold Edition? Unlimited? Basic? Fortran? As Krieg says in Borderlands 2... Too... many... icons.....

Khajiit got the gold edition. You get a pretty horse to ride around on in addition to 4 of the DLCs included
ghastley
As remarked on another thread, keep your pretty horsie, I wanna bear!

I don't recall seeing a treydog in Stros M'kai, but it was a bit crowded. I, too, was giving ESO a try with Fleur gra-Boghak so I probably did the same quests you did after getting out of Coldharbour. My character ended up at level 20, and back in Coldharnour trying to keep Galerion alive. Since that was a level 40 quest when the game came out, she may have been out of her depth.

I won't get the game until next year, but it will be PC. There seems to be a significant contingent of PC players to link up with here, and if playing a multi-player game, you'll want to play with multiple players, won't you?
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(ghastley @ Dec 8 2017, 08:14 PM) *

As remarked on another thread, keep your pretty horsie, I wanna bear!

I don't recall seeing a treydog in Stros M'kai, but it was a bit crowded. I, too, was giving ESO a try with Fleur gra-Boghak so I probably did the same quests you did after getting out of Coldharbour. My character ended up at level 20, and back in Coldharnour trying to keep Galerion alive. Since that was a level 40 quest when the game came out, she may have been out of her depth.

I won't get the game until next year, but it will be PC. There seems to be a significant contingent of PC players to link up with here, and if playing a multi-player game, you'll want to play with multiple players, won't you?

Khajiit and his crew are always willing to help folks out in game, though most content is very doable solo.
monkeyemoness
It snowed today which means Dark Souls season is here. I recently got III on sale, a little late yes, but then I tend to be very selective of the games I play.
Dark Reaper
Started playing Darksiders 2 and MAN I love this game! Its even better then the first one though the first is still a pretty neat game.
treydog
Still loving Pillars of Eternity. The biggest adjustment I am having to make is to reset my thinking from first-person shooters- where there is usually a "trick" to getting past tough fights. With Pillars, there are times when I have to realize I just don't have- either/or- A.) Enough levels in the party B.) The right NPC mix to back up my default Fighter build.

And that is another consideration- I keep finding myself wishing for a Rogue (even with Durance tagging along). It feels like, now that I have acclimated to game play a bit, I may want to start over with a different main character class- Rogue or possibly even Cipher.

But- with all that said- it is a real pleasure to return to Baldur's Gate style game play, with many of the annoyances of the original fixed. And the random statements by the NPCs , especially Eder and Sagani, are often hilarious. "Does your fox bite?" "Yes." "I'm going to pet him anyway."
SubRosa
Pillars is a lot of fun. I too missed having a Rouge companion in the early game. The only way to get one is to either hire an Adventurer in a tavern and make them a Rogue, or do the White March Part 1.

You might want to look in the Pillars of Eternity topic, there might be something helpful in there.
Callidus Thorn
I've fired up Fallout New Vegas again, because I feel like that kind of open game. I'd have gone with Oblivion, but I just know I'll end up writing about my character, but I've got an idea buzzing around my head that's too connected to the main quest, so I want to clear that first

And I'm looking forward to trying out the DLCs, as I've never gotten around to them
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Dec 19 2017, 02:24 PM) *

I've fired up Fallout New Vegas again, because I feel like that kind of open game. I'd have gone with Oblivion, but I just know I'll end up writing about my character, but I've got an idea buzzing around my head that's too connected to the main quest, so I want to clear that first

And I'm looking forward to trying out the DLCs, as I've never gotten around to them

Khajiit likes Dead Money and Honest Hearts. Heard good things about Old World Blues but this one hasn’t tried it or Lonesome Road.
SubRosa
I have been in a Star Wars mood since seeing The Last Jedi, so I have fired up X-Wing to a mission or two each night. I actually managed to get 3 missions completed successfully in a row tonight. That must be record. This game is brutal. They send you in a Y-Wing to take on Tie Fighters and Interceptors. Goddess I hate those damned Y-Wings...

I have been using a trick to keep from losing all of my progress after being killed or captured. After each successful mission I quit the game. Then I go to the game folder and find the save file (it is your character name, with a .PLT extension. Then I copy that to a backup folder I created. Then I start the game back up and try the next mission. If I screw the pooch, I quit the game, and copy back my backup. That puts me right back where I started with a clean record.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 19 2017, 06:59 PM) *

I have been in a Star Wars mood since seeing The Last Jedi, so I have fired up X-Wing to a mission or two each night. I actually managed to get 3 missions completed successfully in a row tonight. That must be record. This game is brutal. They send you in a Y-Wing to take on Tie Fighters and Interceptors. Goddess I hate those damned Y-Wings...

I have been using a trick to keep from losing all of my progress after being killed or captured. After each successful mission I quit the game. Then I go to the game folder and find the save file (it is your character name, with a .PLT extension. Then I copy that to a backup folder I created. Then I start the game back up and try the next mission. If I screw the pooch, I quit the game, and copy back my backup. That puts me right back where I started with a clean record.

Which is harder, X-wing or Tie Fighter?
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 19 2017, 08:20 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 19 2017, 06:59 PM) *

Which is harder, X-wing or Tie Fighter?

X-Wing is much harder. Mainly because they fixed some things in Tie Fighter that make the game easier to play. The map is a big example. In X-Wing it is a flat 2d. You can cycle through all the targets on the map, but once you exit the map, you don't retain the last ship you had targeted. So if you are trying to protect a ship, and want to attack the nearest enemy going after it, you have to find it in the 2d map. Then cycle through all the targets back in real time to find the same enemy again. In Tie Fighter the map is in 3d (so you can see the distances above and below you as well as side to side), and the last ship you target in the map remains targeted in your hud after you exit it. That makes it very easy to pick off the most dangerous targets in quick order.

Tie Fighter also has a combat computer feature that allows you to see what a ship you have targeted is doing. It will tell you if it is attacking you or another specific ship. If it is docking, jumping to hyperspace, and so on. That also makes it easier to tell which ships to go after, and which you can ignore for later.

Tie Fighter also has wingmen who won't desert you at the first opportunity (which they constantly do in X-Wing, they just leave a quarter of the way into the mission, and you have to fight the entire enemy force alone). In Tie Fighter you can also always call in reinforcements at any time during any mission.

Tie Fighter keeps a library of all the cockpit messages, that you can pause and scroll through at any time through the mission. That is a huge help, since it is easy to miss messages while you are dogfighting. That allows you to go back and see if your mission-important ships have been destroyed, or hypered out, etc...

Tie Fighter will also immediately tell you if you failed the mission parameters. So you can quit and try again. X-Wing won't tell you that the ship you were supposed to protect was destroyed. That leaves you to wonder if it jumped to hyperspace to safety, or was was blown up? You can easily spend 15 or 20 minutes dog-fighting like crazy in a mission that has already failed. You don't find out until you hyperspace out to end the mission. That really drives me nuts.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Tie Fighter sounds fun! Khajiit’s favorite ship in the old N64 game Rogue Squadron was the TIE Intercepter.
Dark Reaper
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 19 2017, 08:16 PM) *

Tie Fighter sounds fun! Khajiit’s favorite ship in the old N64 game Rogue Squadron was the TIE Intercepter.

You'll love the Interceptor in SW: Battlefront 1 and 2.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Dec 19 2017, 08:48 PM) *

If they were pure flight games, Khajiit would probably check them out. This one doesn’t think he’d like the ground parts of them. As a matter of fact, in his Angry review of BFII, the guy said he loved the flight parts the best. Perhaps a pure flight Star Wars game might be in the works?! Khajiit is ready in any case; got his flightstick all warmed up!
Dark Reaper
The flight controls are a lot better in Battlefront 2 as you can roll and pull more proper flight combat maneuvers.
RaderOfTheLostArk
Finished my second playthrough of Divine Divinity (the first near the beginning of the year). Very much enjoyed going through it again with a different playstyle. Now it's time to go back to the backlog and try to knock out some new (to me) entries.

Also decided to start Final Doom, after finally figuring out how to get the configuration to save my new key bindings to make it more like a modern FPS. I don't want to jump through hoops to get mods installed just so I can play.

And of course, some Rocket League.
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 19 2017, 10:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Dec 19 2017, 08:48 PM) *

If they were pure flight games, Khajiit would probably check them out. This one doesn’t think he’d like the ground parts of them. As a matter of fact, in his Angry review of BFII, the guy said he loved the flight parts the best. Perhaps a pure flight Star Wars game might be in the works?! Khajiit is ready in any case; got his flightstick all warmed up!

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Dec 19 2017, 11:13 PM) *

The flight controls are a lot better in Battlefront 2 as you can roll and pull more proper flight combat maneuvers.

I wish Disney would drop EA and instead give the Star Wars license (or parts of it) to a company that is not evil. Then maybe we could finally get another Kotor game (or at least another RPG in that style), and another dedicated flight sim like X-Wing or Tie Fighter. I would also love to see a Star Wars team-based, tactical, isometric RPG like Pillars of Eternity/Wasteland 2. Even better, two of them. One where you play a Rebel commando team, and another where you play Imperials.
Callidus Thorn
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 21 2017, 12:05 AM) *

I wish Disney would drop EA and instead give the Star Wars license (or parts of it) to a company that is not evil. Then maybe we could finally get another Kotor game (or at least another RPG in that style), and another dedicated flight sim like X-Wing or Tie Fighter. I would also love to see a Star Wars team-based, tactical, isometric RPG like Pillars of Eternity/Wasteland 2. Even better, two of them. One where you play a Rebel commando team, and another where you play Imperials.

I've got to say, I agree with all of this. Though I'd also like to see another game like Republic Commando.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Ooh!! Rogue Squadron is on GOG for $4!! Might have to get it!
mirocu
I got my co-worker to play Bioshock 1 and now he's on 2 biggrin.gif
Dark Reaper
QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 22 2017, 01:45 AM) *

Don't forget Infinite biggrin.gif .

I've been playing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands but chose to stop. I don't know what happened but the game's is riddled with game breaking bugs and your group AI has really been dumbed down. You literally HAVE to hold their hands and order them to fire even if you're coming under fire otherwise they just stand around shouting what's our orders, what's our orders. Ubisoft fix this crud!
mirocu
QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Dec 22 2017, 01:03 PM) *

He got a package deal so he has that too, although I dare say that without Rapture as the setting it is as much Bioshock as Doom 4 is Deus Ex.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 22 2017, 09:31 AM) *

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Dec 22 2017, 01:03 PM) *

He got a package deal so he has that too, although I dare say that without Rapture as the setting it is as much Bioshock as Doom 4 is Deus Ex.

Khajiit has noticed some people really like it and others don’t. Khajiit still hasn’t finished the first one yet. Got to Fort Frolic and then just stopped playing it for some reason.
mirocu
I can certainly encourage Khajiit to pick it up again. The first and second game both are well worth a playthrough. Especially the second one.
RaderOfTheLostArk
Last week I bought Fallout 3 on sale from GOG, so I finally am getting around to trying out Bethesda's take on Fallout. My only prior Fallout experience was 10 hours with New Vegas, but that was at least 3 years ago now. It was fun at first, but I eventually had no desire to boot it up since. I can't entirely put my finger on why, but it seems to have just lost my interest and got boring.

Anyway, comparing store pages between that and Steam, it looks like the Steam version of Fallout 3 doesn't even run on Windows 10. The GOG version gives me an odd pop-up when I boot up the game telling me some functions may not work properly, but so far I have had no issues. Only a couple hours into it, but it is interesting so far.
mirocu
Glad to see you popping the trunk of the Fallout 3 automobile! goodjob.gif

Or something... tongue.gif
Dark Reaper
I'm playing South Park The Fractured But Whole and Stick of Truth. $60.00 bucks money well spent 😁.
treydog
In about 5 minutes- I will be entering the world of ESO. Merry Christmas from Mrs. Treydog!
TheCheshireKhajiit
My sis got me one of the tiny SNES things so Khajiit is currently enjoying some old school classics on his living room floor!
mirocu
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 25 2017, 05:43 PM) *

My sis got me one of the tiny SNES things so Khajiit is currently enjoying some old school classics on his living room floor!

goodjob.gif goodjob.gif
Callidus Thorn
I'm playing a new 3DS game that I got for christmas: Shovel Knight. Damn good fun biggrin.gif
monkeyemoness
Finally finished Dark Souls 3. The trouble I had with the Ashes of Arandiel DLC boss reminded me how bad I am at Souls games lol
I guess that's what I get for insisting on playing a Pyromancer for the third time as my starting character. I tried tying up loose ends after finishing but the game crashed (again, it does it often) so I'm probably setting it down for a while before I tackle NG+ or a new character.

Dunno what's next. Maybe Oblivion, finally?
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Dec 27 2017, 10:16 AM) *

Finally finished Dark Souls 3. The trouble I had with the Ashes of Arandiel DLC boss reminded me how bad I am at Souls games lol
I guess that's what I get for insisting on playing a Pyromancer for the third time as my starting character. I tried tying up loose ends after finishing but the game crashed (again, it does it often) so I'm probably setting it down for a while before I tackle NG+ or a new character.

Dunno what's next. Maybe Oblivion, finally?

Khajiit thinks you are supposed to be bad at those games. This is one reason this one will probably never play them; Khajiit doesn’t enjoy having his butt handed to him over and over again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.