Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are you playing?
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 28 2018, 12:07 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 28 2018, 04:25 AM) *

Heh, Khajiit just discovered that Brigitte missed out on getting the new apartment from LaCroix, which this one believes actually suits her character better. The one in Santa Monica is definitely more her style!

Hmm, I believe Khajiit did a Boo here. Both places can't suit her better, surely wink.gif

No not really, it was just poorly worded, lol

This one meant that it suited Brigitte better to have missed out on the swanky new apartment because the Santa Monica one is more her style.
mirocu
Ah! Now it all makes sense smile.gif

I tried the Downtown apartment once and the Tremere only as well. Honestly, I kinda liked the Tremere location the best out of all but you get it so late into the game you are hardly ever there indifferent.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 28 2018, 12:13 PM) *

Ah! Now it all makes sense smile.gif

I tried the Downtown apartment once and the Tremere only as well. Honestly, I kinda liked the Tremere location the best out of all but you get it so late into the game you are hardly ever there indifferent.gif

Yeah the Tremere place is cool. Skyline is good for Ventrue, Torreador, and maybe some less chaotic Malks (like the Therese personality). Khajiit thinks for chaotic Malks (like my Brigitte), Brujah, and Gangrel, the Santa Monica apt. fits better. Of course, it largely depends on the character though.
Dark Reaper
I bought Fire Emblem Warriors for the 3DS, it takes the Dynasty Warriors formula and mixes it with the Fire Emblem series. Its actually the first Fire Emblem game I've played.
mirocu
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 28 2018, 07:28 PM) *

Yeah the Tremere place is cool. Skyline is good for Ventrue, Torreador, and maybe some less chaotic Malks (like the Therese personality). Khajiit thinks for chaotic Malks (like my Brigitte), Brujah, and Gangrel, the Santa Monica apt. fits better. Of course, it largely depends on the character though.

*Agress with entire post*
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 28 2018, 12:31 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 28 2018, 07:28 PM) *

*Agress with entire post*

Supposedly the Nossies get a room in the warrens, but Khajiit will probably never find out.
mirocu
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 28 2018, 07:44 PM) *

Supposedly the Nossies get a room in the warrens, but Khajiit will probably never find out.

They do and if you like playing as one, that place probably isn't too bad. But I dislike Hollywood anyway so good riddance on my part smile.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
Khajiit had forgotten before he started playing again how open ended the quests can be. Seems to be so many ways to complete some of them. Like the Elizabeth Dane quest. When this one played it again he was thinking “Stay away from the cops!!”. We finished the quest and managed to not kill anyone. Then we found out we actually could talk to the first cop you find and doing so makes things a lot easier, lol.
mirocu
Well, doing that quest as a Malk is sneasy-peasy anyway since you have Obfuscate. Also if you do the computer thing it's even more easy.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 28 2018, 02:42 PM) *

Well, doing that quest as a Malk is sneasy-peasy anyway since you have Obfuscate. Also if you do the computer thing it's even more easy.

Yeah Khajiit was wracking his brain trying to figure out how to get the cop away from that computer without killing him lol. Tried throwing something into the corner to distract him but it didn’t for long enough. Probably could’ve Hysteria-ed him too but decided just to use Obfuscate to look at the sarcophagus and get the police report.
mirocu
What's your character's preferred tool for fighting?
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 29 2018, 06:19 AM) *

What's your character's preferred tool for fighting?

Mostly just a simple knife so far. Unarmed is surprisingly effective too. We are liking the Glock clone for ranged right now, but we are looking forward to getting a tactical shotgun!

Honestly haven’t been doing a lot of combat. Lots of sneaking and talking. We had some trouble with Stanley Gimble, The Blood Guardian, and Brother Kanker, but then I figured out with Malks, the secret to winning fights is Bloodbuff then Mass Hallucination to debuff the enemy.
mirocu
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 29 2018, 03:05 PM) *

We had some trouble with Stanley Gimble, The Blood Guardian, and Brother Kanker, but then I figured out with Malks, the secret to winning fights is Bloodbuff then Mass Hallucination to debuff the enemy.

I just spammed Vision of Death whilst running backwards and shooting. Aside from the vampiric power, not a lot in my playstyle was ever very vampiric. Could just as well have been any other shooter tongue.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 29 2018, 08:39 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 29 2018, 03:05 PM) *

We had some trouble with Stanley Gimble, The Blood Guardian, and Brother Kanker, but then I figured out with Malks, the secret to winning fights is Bloodbuff then Mass Hallucination to debuff the enemy.

I just spammed Vision of Death whilst running backwards and shooting. Aside from the vampiric power, not a lot in my playstyle was ever very vampiric. Could just as well have been any other shooter tongue.gif

Brigitte didn’t have VoD when fighting Gimble and The Blood Guardian, but we did try it on Brother Kanker and it barely effected him. We were very pleased with the results of combining Bloodbuff and Mass Hallucination. The fight was almost too easy after that.
Decrepit
I'm still playing Mashinky off and on, but nothing like I was. It's a fine game and has provided hundreds of hours of fun. But it's in early development and in some aspects rather limited. This has caused me to search for a more full featured railway centric game. I first focused on Railway Empire, but that title does some things I don't care for. I'm now looking hard at Transport Fever, which seems more my cup of tea while still not perfectly aligned with what I want from this sort of game. Decent mod support, which I hope will remedy most of my concerns with the vanilla game. Not quite ready to take the plunge just yet, but purchase might not be that far off.

Still playing Kingdom Come Deliverance every now and again, but not as much as I ought to be. Tried to get in a decent session yesterday morning, but my mouth was bothering me too much to concentrate. I need my wits, such as they are, about me for KCD.
mirocu
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 29 2018, 03:43 PM) *

Brigitte didn’t have VoD when fighting Gimble and The Blood Guardian, but we did try it on Brother Kanker and it barely effected him. We were very pleased with the results of combining Bloodbuff and Mass Hallucination. The fight was almost too easy after that.

I never did try that method, I have always just used to straight attack powers. Guess I underestimated Mass Hallucination.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 29 2018, 08:57 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 29 2018, 03:43 PM) *

I never did try that method, I have always just used to straight attack powers. Guess I underestimated Mass Hallucination.

Well Khajiit certainly did too at first. We were trying to use it in the beach house but nothing seemed to be happening. Then this one actually read the description for it and thats when we figured out that it’s just a debuff.
mirocu
Khajiit has a female character; did she try to sweet talk the chemist at the beach house? I'm guessing no tongue.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 29 2018, 10:48 AM) *

Khajiit has a female character; did she try to sweet talk the chemist at the beach house? I'm guessing no tongue.gif

Pfft, sweet talk? After what that they did to “the fleet footed god”? Nah, she sneaked around back, turned off the lights, snapped the guy’s neck who came to check the breakers, and drained the guy in the white suit dry. Then she beat the guy out front to death after throwing the piece of fence to get him away from the house. Finally, she went back inside the house, popped Obfuscate to get in close to the three in the kitchen and proceeded to destroy all three of them at once. They put up a bit of a fight, but in the end, they couldn’t withstand Brigitte’s mad fury.
mirocu
Does Brigitte enjoy listening to The Deb of Night? I remember loving it on my first playthrough smile.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 29 2018, 12:07 PM) *

Does Brigitte enjoy listening to The Deb of Night? I remember loving it on my first playthrough smile.gif

Heh, of course! Also the TV is more fun as a Malk!
Dark Reaper
Been enjoying Fire Emblem Fates and have no idea why I haven't played them in the past. Plays like Shining Force mixed with a rock, paper and scissors added to it.

Edit: I bought Splatoon 2 for the Switch, my Nintendo collection is growing!!!
mirocu
Glad you are finding good stuff for the Switch! goodjob.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
Khajiit has been maybe considering maybe looking into maybe purchasing a Switch. At some point. Maybe.
Kane
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 30 2018, 09:49 AM) *
Khajiit has been maybe considering maybe looking into maybe purchasing a Switch. At some point. Maybe.

The missus and I have been looking at one for a while, too. Mainly for Breath of the Wild. Something always gets in the way, though.

Such is life.
monkeyemoness
A friend recently got the Switch and found that Super Mario Odyssey>Breath of the Wild as far as the whole open world angle goes. Given the comments made by the development team at one of the game awards, that does check out. (paraphrasing here but the BotW team conceded to Odyssey being the superior game that would have taken its place from them had it released earlier)

That said, both games are different enough where comparing one to the other might seem pointless, but he did go on to say that BotW takes some of TES worst aspects when it comes to big spaces to explore.

What I'm getting at is, if and when I get the Switch, I'll have more than one game to look forward to. :v
Dark Reaper
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 30 2018, 01:50 AM) *

Glad you are finding good stuff for the Switch! goodjob.gif

Oh there's more on the Switch even Dark Souls is moving over to it, I think I'll give it a try when it comes out.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 30 2018, 08:49 AM) *

Of all the consoles the Switch is by far the most ingenuity console ever made also it has Skyrim, though I think its the PC version with the HD port, the Special Edition has lighting similar to TESO.
TheCheshireKhajiit
So Khajiit was at his local bookstore yesterday and picked a copy of PCGamer off the magazine rack to read while enjoying some coffee. The game featured on the cover was Total War: Thrones of Britannia, the article of which was a nice read in and of itself (Khajiit already had that game preordered). The real pleasant surprises in the mag were articles on Call of Cthulhu, Werewolf: The Apocalypse (World of Darkness), and an update on Vampyr. Will definitely be keeping an eye on those three games.
Dark Reaper
Thought I'd try something different and download an Indy game called Hollow, think Alien Isolation meets Resident Evil VII. I just started but it looks promising.
Dark Reaper
I bought a new game today well two actually, Zelda: Link Between Worlds and Fear Effect Sedna.

The latter I've played the first two games of which oddly the second game was a prequel to the first. Not sure where this game comes in but looks like FE3, be interesting to see where this game goes.
mirocu
QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Mar 31 2018, 07:43 AM) *

Thought I'd try something different and download an Indy game called Hollow, think Alien Isolation meets Resident Evil VII. I just started but it looks promising.

Boldly go where no Temmie has gone before - Make it so!
Dark Reaper
QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 1 2018, 03:17 PM) *

Boldly go where no Temmie has gone before - Make it so!

Salute .
Dark Reaper
Finally got around to playing Fear Effect Sedna on the Switch. I'm happy to see a game like that on a Nintendo console so Nintendo is putting on its big boy pants happy.gif. The game itself is a bit of a challenge but nothing to stressful, the puzzles can be solved by looking at the environments for clues. The graphics are anime worthy and overall just a wonderful nostalgia trip all together 4.5/5 stars.
SubRosa
I looked at it on Gog, and it says Fear Effect Sedna is a real time game. How do you control 5 characters in real time? Can you pause and give commands to all the characters like in the Total War games?
TheCheshireKhajiit
Vampire Bloodlines update (just for you ‘Rocu!)!

Went to the LA Museum of Natural History.
Museum

“Saw some Dinosaurs, so I had fun.”
Some wise guy had the great idea to put this life like raptor around the corner in a dark hallway. Gave us s start!

This lovely TRex Head roars when you get near it. More starts were given.

LaCroix wasn’t pleased with the news we gave him.
See? He’s really upset.

With our official business of the night concluded, we went to Confession.
Bump and grind.

Snack Attack

After dinner we went back home to Santa Monica.
Saw our ghoulfriend Heather and caught up on the news. Sadly none of it was about us.

Had an email from Jeannette wanting to see me so we hoped over to Asylum and “amused” her for a bit then did some dancing with strangers.

At last it was time to get back out into the city, so we hopped in our cab and went to Hollywood to start looking for the Nosferatu at LaCroix’s behest.
Ended the night by taking a pic in front of the famous Chinese Theatre.
Dark Reaper
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 2 2018, 11:26 AM) *

I looked at it on Gog, and it says Fear Effect Sedna is a real time game. How do you control 5 characters in real time? Can you pause and give commands to all the characters like in the Total War games?

You can select characters by the L&R buttons (not to be confused with the ZL&ZR buttons) and press the - button to go into tactical mode to move the characters if you want to set up an ambush. You can also press the R stick button down to tell the part to follow or stay, other then that that's about all the command issuing you can do. So far FE:Sedna is a worthy sequel and now I wander if they're going to implement elements from the lost Fear Effect Inferno.
mirocu
Thanks, Khajiit! Nice little update on your girl's adventures. By the by, did she extort the doctor who likes to play doctor with his nurses? bigsmile.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 2 2018, 12:17 PM) *

Thanks, Khajiit! Nice little update on your girl's adventures. By the by, did she extort the doctor who likes to play doctor with his nurses? bigsmile.gif

Bahahaha, hahahahaha, heh heh, heh... of course she did! All she got was a lousy $75 though.
mirocu
Wierd amount, yes. But together with what you can get from the suit ($25) when you first leave the apartment it tallies up to 100 bucks.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 2 2018, 12:28 PM) *

Wierd amount, yes. But together with what you can get from the suit ($25) when you first leave the apartment it tallies up to 100 bucks.

Lol, we weren’t persuasive enough to get money out of the blue blood guy.
mirocu
I don't know what I did but I managed to extort him first time I played the game. Think I managed to threaten him or something.

So, Hollywood, huh? Man, I really didn't like that area...
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 2 2018, 01:12 PM) *

So, Hollywood, huh? Man, I really didn't like that area...

Heh, well to get to Chinatown, you have to go through Hollywood first!
mirocu
Yup.

Well, I reckon Vesuvius at least makes the visit bearable tongue.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 2 2018, 02:13 PM) *

Yup.

Well, I reckon Vesuvius at least makes the visit bearable tongue.gif

Indeed! Good ol’ VV!
RaderOfTheLostArk
Two games in the current rotation:

Fallout 4:
Haven't felt like doing the final part of the main quest yet. I should probably get to it soon though, so I don't perpetually put it off. Kind of strange considering I've never put off the end of a main quest of a BGS game like this before.

Planescape: Torment:
I finally just decided to start a whole new game since I won't ever get around to getting the old files off of my old computer. Wasn't that far into it before anyway.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Apr 2 2018, 06:50 PM) *

Two games in the current rotation:

Fallout 4:
Haven't felt like doing the final part of the main quest yet. I should probably get to it soon though, so I don't perpetually put it off. Kind of strange considering I've never put off the end of a main quest of a BGS game like this before.

Planescape: Torment:
I finally just decided to start a whole new game since I won't ever get around to getting the old files off of my old computer. Wasn't that far into it before anyway.

Khajiit recently reinstalled Fallout4 and is currently going through the pain that is testing mods.
RaderOfTheLostArk
Decided to finally go inside the Institute in Fallout 4. For roleplaying purposes, and because I was curious about looking around, I went with the "not sure" option about joining the Institute. But there is no way my character is actually joining them. I assume that with the quest "Synth Retention" that is the point where I can finally tell Father that the Institute can burn. That is where I left my character at last night.
SubRosa
QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Apr 8 2018, 01:00 PM) *

Decided to finally go inside the Institute in Fallout 4. For roleplaying purposes, and because I was curious about looking around, I went with the "not sure" option about joining the Institute. But there is no way my character is actually joining them. I assume that with the quest "Synth Retention" that is the point where I can finally tell Father that the Institute can burn. That is where I left my character at last night.

Fallout 4 is very different from the other Beth games when it comes to the Main Quest and Faction quests. Technically the Main Quest ended the moment you stepped inside the Institute and first spoke to Father (the Institutionalized quest).

From here on out the Faction quests take over. There are four Factions: Institute, Railroad, BOS, and Minutemen.

The Minutemen are pretty much completely separate from the Institute. In fact, you can do the Minuteman questline to completion and never set foot inside the Institute.

The Institute questline is of course all about joining the Institute.

The Railroad questline requires you to pretend to join the Institute for a pretty long time, but in reality you are a spy for the Railroad working to destroy the Institute from within.

I never finished the BOS questline, but from what I gather it is a more direct and open war against the Institute, and it ends with you destroying the Institute as well..

So how you respond to Father influences what you can do with the other questlines. Telling him to F off fails the Railroad questline, since you need to be on the inside to accomplish it. It will work fine with the Minuteman questline though, and I imagine it will be ok with the BOS questline as well.
Decrepit
I've been in a gaming slump nearly a month now. Up until then I'd been playing Mashinky hot and heavy with no sign of letup. Then all of a sudden my interest took a nosedive. Some of that might be due to my having exhausted Mashinky's still limited feature set, so that all I did began to seem too repetitive.

For whatever reason I can't drum up enough enthusiasm for Kingdom Come Deliverance to want to play it very often. Not sure why. I enjoy it well enough, and haven't encountered any of the nasty bugs some claim to have experienced.

Then again, I can't drum up enthusiasm for what are normally sure-fire old favorites like Daggerfall and Oblivion either. Truth to tell, I can't drum up enthusiasm for much of anything at the moment, gaming or otherwise.

Be that as it may, I broke down and bought a title I've been interested in for some time, another train-centric game called Transport Fever. Downloaded it off Steam yesterday. Spent a decent bit of time at the Steam Workshop looking through its many mods, picking out lots of steam locos, passenger wagons, and other mods for use after I learn the ropes. Spent much of this afternoon beating my head against its tutorials. I swear game controls are getting harder for me to master each purchase. Mashinky is an exception, but it's a far less complex game. I'll give Transport Fever credit for including what looks to be thorough tutorials, and boy am I gonna need them.

I'll end this linking a thought provoking recently watched YouTube video of Zaric Zacharon discussing Bethesda.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Decrepit @ Apr 8 2018, 04:03 PM) *

I've been in a gaming slump nearly a month now. Up until then I'd been playing Mashinky hot and heavy with no sign of letup. Then all of a sudden my interest took a nosedive. Some of that might be due to my having exhausted Mashinky's still limited feature set, so that all I did began to seem too repetitive.

For whatever reason I can't drum up enough enthusiasm for Kingdom Come Deliverance to want to play it very often. Not sure why. I enjoy it well enough, and haven't encountered any of the nasty bugs some claim to have experienced.

Then again, I can't drum up enthusiasm for what are normally sure-fire old favorites like Daggerfall and Oblivion either. Truth to tell, I can't drum up enthusiasm for much of anything at the moment, gaming or otherwise.

Be that as it may, I broke down and bought a title I've been interested in for some time, another train-centric game called Transport Fever. Downloaded it off Steam yesterday. Spent a decent bit of time at the Steam Workshop looking through its many mods, picking out lots of steam locos, passenger wagons, and other mods for use after I learn the ropes. Spent much of this afternoon beating my head against its tutorials. I swear game controls are getting harder for me to master each purchase. Mashinky is an exception, but it's a far less complex game. I'll give Transport Fever credit for including what looks to be thorough tutorials, and boy am I gonna need them.

I'll end this linking a thought provoking recently watched YouTube video of Zaric Zacharon discussing Bethesda.
Khajiit likes to play MineCraft when suffering game burnout. You may also try No Man’s Sky. This one finds that simple and/or plotless games allow you to just relax and clear your mind. Before you know it you’ll be ready to get back on the rails, or lop off some heads!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.