Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are you playing?
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102
treydog
Finished my first (well- actually 1 and a 1/2) play through of Horizon Zero Dawn. Now I am depressed. It is the best game I have ever experienced. Not just graphically (it's PS4, so sure the graphics are brilliant)- but the writing and the concept and the characterization.

The only other game that has come close was Morrowind- although that was because MW was the first open-world game I ever played.

I think I will go now and dream of the Metal World and hope we "ancients" do not perpetrate the mistakes that created the world Aloy lived in.
RaderOfTheLostArk
After playing pretty much only playing ESO the past couple weeks, I went back to F.E.A.R. For some reason, I just haven't been able to play for more than about 30-45 minutes at a time. I'm enjoying the game, and the atmosphere is really good even though I haven't been legitimately scared. But whatever it is, I just can't play it for that long.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(treydog @ Jul 10 2017, 05:37 AM) *

Finished my first (well- actually 1 and a 1/2) play through of Horizon Zero Dawn. Now I am depressed. It is the best game I have ever experienced. Not just graphically (it's PS4, so sure the graphics are brilliant)- but the writing and the concept and the characterization.

The only other game that has come close was Morrowind- although that was because MW was the first open-world game I ever played.

I think I will go now and dream of the Metal World and hope we "ancients" do not perpetrate the mistakes that created the world Aloy lived in.

Ooh Khajiit has been meaning to check this game out! Thanks for posting your opinion of it!
RaderOfTheLostArk
Started playing Divinity 2 yesterday. Only about 40 minutes in so I don't know what to make of it, but seems interesting so far. Appears that it will play quite a bit differently from Divine Divinity besides the obvious camera change, but that doesn't matter to me as long as the game is good. Speaking of Divine Divinity, it was pretty cool to already get a couple references to it already in Divinity 2.

As for F.E.A.R., I'm really not sure if I'm going to go back to it. I guess I haven't really been able to play it for very long because it...gets kind of boring to play fairly quickly. The atmosphere is great, but the story isn't that interesting. The combat is decent but it just doesn't grip me that much after a while. I don't really know why. I want to check it off my backlog list but I don't know if I really care enough to anytime soon.
monkeyemoness
It's 1:30 am, I'm full of chocolate, I listened to MOTHER 3's soundtrack and cried, and so I'm probably going to play through the entire MOTHER series.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 16 2017, 01:34 AM) *

It's 1:30 am, I'm full of chocolate, I listened to MOTHER 3's soundtrack and cried, and so I'm probably going to play through the entire MOTHER series.

Chocolate, game soundtrack, and tears. Sounds like someone may have had a bad day yesterday.
mirocu
I just might play Oblivion tonight. First time in FO EVAH.
Dark Reaper
Thought I'd download Skyrim back on the PS4, I wish I can play my other PC Elder Scrolls games on my laptop but NVidia down't like those old PC games like AMD video card do---this is why I hate PC gaming dry.gif .
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 16 2017, 09:04 AM) *

Poor Lothran! You probably left him shivering in Bruma, too!

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 16 2017, 02:34 AM) *

verysad.gif

mirocu
QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 16 2017, 04:25 PM) *

Duh; he left Bruma early March! tongue.gif

He's currently in the Imperial City smile.gif
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 16 2017, 10:26 AM) *

rollinglaugh.gif So, FO EVAH = March? rollinglaugh.gif

mirocu
QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 16 2017, 04:28 PM) *

No. FO EVAH = late May tongue.gif
Dark Reaper
All this talk of Oblivion has reminded me of the old Adoring Fan committing suicide at Dive Rock, I'd post a like to it but apparently that video is long gone. It was hysterical as it ended with a song from Gothic 3 lol.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Khajiit is feeling the strong urge to play Super Castlevania IV, no doubt brought on by watching the show on Netflix.
mALX
QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jul 16 2017, 10:25 AM) *

Thought I'd download Skyrim back on the PS4, I wish I can play my other PC Elder Scrolls games on my laptop but NVidia down't like those old PC games like AMD video card do---this is why I hate PC gaming dry.gif .

There are fixes, I'll bet SubRosa and Ghastley could tell you what the problem was and how to fix it if you posted your rig's stats. I know there was an issue with Multi-core processors that required a fix; and playing 32 bit games on a 64 bit laptop might require some tweaking - and they might know some setting for NVidia cards that fixes the incompatibility there, etc.

I remember I had to do something minor to play Fallout 3 and Skyrim on both my PC and laptop when I upgraded to the current (then) models on both. I Googled the issue and the answer came up immediately, so many people had the same issue.

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jul 16 2017, 10:33 AM) *

All this talk of Oblivion has reminded me of the old Adoring Fan committing suicide at Dive Rock, I'd post a like to it but apparently that video is long gone. It was hysterical as it ended with a song from Gothic 3 lol.

I think I saw that one! Like in 2009 or 2010!

mirocu
I had that problem with Fallout 3 on my 64 bit. Just froze on me. There is a fix though as mALX said so don't sweat, Reaper smile.gif
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 16 2017, 10:30 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 16 2017, 04:28 PM) *

No. FO EVAH = late May tongue.gif

HOLY COW!!! What is last year then? laugh.gif

(JK)

Dark Reaper
QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 16 2017, 09:38 AM) *

First time I saw that video I'd like to have died laughing...good times laugh.gif.
mALX
QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jul 16 2017, 10:41 AM) *

First time I saw that video I'd like to have died laughing...good times laugh.gif.

One of the funniest gameplay vids I've ever seen was "100 ways to die in Fallout 3" = hysterical!

Dark Reaper
Some of the old Quest for Glory ways to die videos are to die for, my favorite is death by being a drug addict.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 16 2017, 11:07 AM) *

One of the funniest gameplay vids I've ever seen was "100 ways to die in Fallout 3" = hysterical!

Was "falling through the solid parts of the overpasses to your death" on there?
mALX

Maybe not the right sound track, but still a good one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbU_YqGZF5Y

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 16 2017, 12:25 PM) *

Oh, I hated that! Happened to me at least a dozen times! rollinglaugh.gif

monkeyemoness
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 16 2017, 07:36 AM) *

Chocolate, game soundtrack, and tears. Sounds like someone may have had a bad day yesterday.

Nah, it was a fairly average night (edging towards good because I found a chocolate bar), so I guess if anything it's a testament to how much Mother 3 affected me.

I just started a new file on the first game (it's tagline originally being "No Crying Until the End" so it won't be all sunshine and roses, either) but I can't wait till I get to the third and last installment, which imo is the strongest all around.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 16 2017, 11:37 AM) *

Maybe not the right sound track, but still a good one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbU_YqGZF5Y

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 16 2017, 12:25 PM) *

Oh, I hated that! Happened to me at least a dozen times! rollinglaugh.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 16 2017, 11:40 AM) *

Nah, it was a fairly average night (edging towards good because I found a chocolate bar), so I guess if anything it's a testament to how much Mother 3 affected me.

I just started a new file on the first game (it's tagline originally being "No Crying Until the End" so it won't be all sunshine and roses, either) but I can't wait till I get to the third and last installment, which imo is the strongest all around.

Lol, well good! Glad to hear it wasn't a bad day for you!
mALX
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 16 2017, 12:40 PM) *

Hey, I bawled like a calf through "The Last of us!"

mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 9 2017, 03:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jul 9 2017, 03:02 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 5 2017, 03:51 PM) *

I took a break from Kotor to play Skyrim. I created a new character named Lara. She's a combat archaeologist. So far, so good.

Very nice! Do you use an ENB to achieve the rich coloring seen here? I hope to do something similar with my in-progress experimental Oblivion install. Thus far it's eluded me. Just installed Oblivion Reloaded. I know it CAN be used with an ENB, but for now I'd rather stick with ENBoost for performance and theoretic stability. Besides, in my opinion nothing touches OR for Oblivion water quality.

Since we're showing new game images, I'll link another OCOv2 experimental Hamfat, this time near the Imperial Prison. As can be seen I need to do something to improve grass (amongst other things), which still looks decidedly vanilla. This, by the way, is a different version of Hamfat than that seen in other shots, less a sourpuss.

That was actually a joke, which I guess no one got. The pic is from Rise of the Tomb Raider. That outfit she is wearing made me think of of Skyrim the instant I saw it. TBH, it is a much better suit of mail armor than I have ever seen in a Bethesda game.

But on the subject of ENBs, I never use them. I have tried them in the past because supposedly they can help with performance. Maybe they do for other people, but they never helped with micro-stutter with me. The first two or three times I tried they flat out did not work, and usually did nothing, or made the screen really bright and washed out all the colors. The few times I ever got an ENB to actually work I was utterly unimressed, and quickly went back to the vanilla game.

BWAAHAA! I didn't know it was from the game, but did think of "The Tomb Raider" when I saw the name Lara, lol.

monkeyemoness
Today in some unknown location of middle America: I rescue a seven-year-old girl with the same stat growths as a buff, teenage/young adult gangster. She's apparently based on Pippi Longstocking so I guess it's intentional.

I really missed the MOTHER series.
Dark Reaper
Getting ready to play Bioshock Infinite for the 20th time---hey I love this game biggrin.gif .
Zalphon
QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jul 17 2017, 09:41 PM) *

Getting ready to play Bioshock Infinite for the 20th time---hey I love this game biggrin.gif .

How is it?

As good as the first Bioshock?
Dark Reaper
QUOTE(Zalphon @ Jul 17 2017, 11:23 PM) *

How is it?

Just about if not better, its one of my favorite games wub.gif .
Zalphon
QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jul 18 2017, 01:12 AM) *

QUOTE(Zalphon @ Jul 17 2017, 11:23 PM) *

How is it?

Just about if not better, its one of my favorite games wub.gif .

Wow, that's incredibly high praise.

The first one was so gripping narratively, but I may have to give Infinite a shot.
mirocu
Nothing beats Bioshock 1 and especially 2. Both taking place in Rapture and all... wink.gif laugh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Zalphon @ Jul 18 2017, 12:23 AM) *

How is it?

ZALPHON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOO HOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zalphon
QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 18 2017, 09:41 AM) *

How is it?

I have returned from my travels and come bearing news of the world beyond these forums.

Worst. Adventure. Ever.
Callidus Thorn
^ rollinglaugh.gif

I've been having some fun with Monster Hunter Generations, but now that the character who's been lurking in the back of my mind has finally introduced himself, I'll be playing Oblivion tomorrow biggrin.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Zalphon @ Jul 18 2017, 03:17 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 18 2017, 09:41 AM) *

How is it?

I have returned from my travels and come bearing news of the world beyond these forums.

Worst. Adventure. Ever.

D'Aaaw, bless your heart! But at least you are home now!

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Jul 18 2017, 04:22 PM) *

^ rollinglaugh.gif

I've been having some fun with Monster Hunter Generations, but now that the character who's been lurking in the back of my mind has finally introduced himself, I'll be playing Oblivion tomorrow biggrin.gif

THORNEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Callidus Thorn
QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 20 2017, 05:03 PM) *

^ rollinglaugh.gif

mALX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

How's things?
ghastley
Turn down the volume, some of us are trying to sleep. biggrin.gif
RaderOfTheLostArk
Played a bit more Divinity 2. Only 1.5 hours played but I am still interested to see where this goes. Also played a bit more ESO. In Stormhaven right now.

I am also getting the itch to play Half-Life again, so I may do that soon. Same thing with Unreal. But I still have some other FPS games to go through. I think I might just go full on into Clive Barker's Undying now because I am bored with F.E.A.R.
mALX
QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Jul 20 2017, 12:08 PM) *

^ rollinglaugh.gif

mALX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

How's things?

Better now that I'm hearing from you! How have you been? I have missed you and thought about you a lot!!!

monkeyemoness
Listen, MOTHER/EarthBound Beginnings isn't a very good game as far as mechanics go to begin with, but the last section, Mt.Itoi? The aboslute worst.

The main developer even confessed to not having balanced the last section very well. Ugh. More time wasted.

To give you an idea of how awful the situation in the screenshot is, let me explain what each party member's role is:

Ninten is basically the Tank/Buff/Debuff-er. Most HP, highest physical offense and defense, and works well as a backup healer.

Ana is the PSI powerhouse. She can destroy things easily (and is only a few levels away from an insta-kill AoE PSI), and she has the best healing PSI, but she's really fragile, slow and weak.

Both are the only ones capable of removing status ailments and restoring fainted party members. There are no status recovery items save for poison and cold (basically Poison 2.0).

What can Lloyd do? Nothing extraordinary, outside of being able to use gadgets. Not-so-good offense, not-so-good speed, no PSI, mediocre all around. The party's virtually defeated already.
To make matters worse, a temporary party member with no PSI but far more durable, faster and stronger than Ninten was recently booted with the whole "physical strength alone won't defeat evil" moral as you get Lloyd back. That's well and good (and actually true, but spoilers) but brute strength DID get everyone to the plateau whereas a repeat attempt with Lloyd instead ended in failure. Again. Poor Lloyd. It was his time to shine.
Callidus Thorn
QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 21 2017, 12:01 AM) *

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Jul 20 2017, 12:08 PM) *

^ rollinglaugh.gif

mALX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

How's things?

Better now that I'm hearing from you! How have you been? I have missed you and thought about you a lot!!!

Hug_emoticon.gif

Been a bit meh lately, and kind of burnt out a little trying to keep track of politics here in the UK(we're a complete mess right now). I kept meaning send you a pm to see what was up, but something always managed to pop up and divert my attention embarrased.gif

And, just to keep things on topic laugh.gif I've gone back to playing Yu-Gi-Oh! and Xcom: Enemy Within, as Monster Hunter Generations has been a little too hard on my left thumb. And I'm a sucker for turn based strategy games biggrin.gif
RaderOfTheLostArk
Played some more Divinity 2 last night. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but it is starting to feel like with Divine Divinity where it just pulled me in practically right away. Only 3 hours in but I am really enjoying it. Going to play some more if I get the chance tonight.
monkeyemoness

Take a melody
Simple as can be
Give it some words and
Sweet Harmony
Raise your voices
All day long now, words grow strong now
Sing a melody of
Love, oh Love

EarthBound Beginnings is a bad game and gets most of the critical attention in a series full of sacred cows, but man, it's a really good experience.

I marathoned the rest of the game once I finally reached Mt.Itoi Plateau again. Basically the place is designed for having 2 powerful temporary party members (both getting injured/destroyed along the way) but JESUS those small sections where you're on your own are brutal. Thematically, it's pretty neat, but in terms of gameplay, well I already said enough.

I wanted to skip straight to Mother 3, but the parts of the game that have actual story made me want to go to EarthBound/Mother 2. So there's that. :V

Love is the Power
Love is the Glory
Love is the beauty and the joy of Spring
Love is the Fountain
Love is the Story
Love is the Melody we all can sing
Dark Reaper
I've played Earthbound Beginnings/Mother 1, I named all my characters after Undertale characters. Anyway I can't play my PS4 due to selling my controller for food money, my laptop won't play Steam games properly and the only gaming unit I have is a Centipede mini Arcade, so guess what I'm going to be playing.
mALX
QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jul 23 2017, 11:59 PM) *

I've played Earthbound Beginnings/Mother 1, I named all my characters after Undertale characters. Anyway I can't play my PS4 due to selling my controller for food money, my laptop won't play Steam games properly and the only gaming unit I have is a Centipede mini Arcade, so guess what I'm going to be playing.

sad.gif

I'm so sorry about losing your controller, and especially because at the time you had no choice but to sell it = hate that you were put in that position. Hug_emoticon.gif

Zalphon
Has anyone played Torment: Tides of Numenera yet?
Dark Reaper
QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 23 2017, 11:12 PM) *

sad.gif

I'm so sorry about losing your controller, and especially because at the time you had no choice but to sell it = hate that you were put in that position. Hug_emoticon.gif

Thanks but I don't mind selling the controller, at least its not the entire console and its much more easier to replace too.
mALX
QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jul 24 2017, 09:19 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 23 2017, 11:12 PM) *

sad.gif

Thanks but I don't mind selling the controller, at least its not the entire console and its much more easier to replace too.

That's good!

Dark Reaper
Now that I have a Vita again time to play some Ys games specially Memories of Celceta and Ys Seven.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.