Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are you playing?
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102
Kiln
I just played through Crysis 3. If you liked the last ones or love FPS games with beautiful graphics then you should really try it.

Crysis 3 is truly a beautiful game. The lighting and animations are great. I also like the gun play and nano-suit abilities.

Future versions of real weapons behave pretty realistically and the alien weapons are very cool too.

mirocu
I liked Bioshock and Crysis 3 sounds just like it smile.gif
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 19 2013, 03:27 PM) *

I liked Bioshock and Crysis 3 sounds just like it smile.gif

Uh...they're not really.

I liked Crysis 3 mechanically speaking, but to be honest it was the same gameplay-wise as Crysis 2, just with a bow, and Crysis 2 had a much, much better narrative and storytelling. 2 Managed to make an invincible, power-armoured supersoldier into a vulnerable and sympathetic character, which is quite a feat, while number 3 didn't really do that at all.
mirocu
Well, he said if you like FPS games with nice graphics youīd like Crysis 3. Sort of wink.gif

But Iīm not out for another game anyway. I still switch between FO3 and Oblivion, with minor cheating with Morrowind and maybe Deus Ex again.
Colonel Mustard
Currently I'm alternating between Team Fortress 2 and Skyrim. Good fun times.

Also, Mirocu, out of interest, is that original Deus Ex, Invisible War or Human Revolution that you're playing?

Secondly, does anybody else on the forum play TF2? I'm always looking for a buddy to battle hordes of robots on or the scum of RED/BLU team with, if anyone does.
Kiln
I love all three of the Deus Ex games. They're a pretty good hybrid of fps/rpg games.
treydog
Just got my Gigabyte Radeon HD 6670 graphics card, so I will soon be back in the Imperial Prison...

Just have to possess myself in patience until the weekend to install the card... and the game... and the patches.... and decide which add-ons I want....

Decisions, decisions...
mirocu
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Mar 20 2013, 10:23 PM) *

Mirocu, out of interest, is that original Deus Ex, Invisible War or Human Revolution that you're playing?

I play the only one that is worth playing; the original and best! happy.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
I am about to embark on the tragic journey that is The Walking Dead Game. I've seen one of the endings, so someone needs to come hold my hand in case that happens.

NOW.
mirocu
Well, happy gaming Liz. Although I donīt like those games, for the same reason some people donīt like Fallout.
Then again, Fallout does have zombies, so go figure cool.gif
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 21 2013, 03:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Mar 20 2013, 10:23 PM) *

Mirocu, out of interest, is that original Deus Ex, Invisible War or Human Revolution that you're playing?

I play the only one that is worth playing; the original and best! happy.gif

I see no sweeping, blanket dismissals within this post. None at all.
Elisabeth Hollow
-lower lip quivers-

This gaaaaame!
PhonAntiPhon
When I am away I play a lot of tablet based games so currently we are looking at Dungeon Quest, Pocket RPG, and FF3. Added to that is a smidge of Pitfall and Machinarium.
Currently also evaluating Dangerous...

When I get home however, ah well, it's Oblivion all the way...
mirocu
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 21 2013, 05:40 PM) *

-lower lip quivers-

This gaaaaame!

Getting scared there, Liz? Too many zombies or is it the horrific idea that it can really happen that disturbes you? wink.gif
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 21 2013, 03:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 21 2013, 05:40 PM) *

-lower lip quivers-

This gaaaaame!

Getting scared there, Liz? Too many zombies or is it the horrific idea that it can really happen that disturbes you? wink.gif

http://www.theonion.com/articles/study-rev...fullscale,1815/

mirocu
QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 21 2013, 09:12 PM) *

Iīve read similar studies and Iīm not surprised. Nor would I be if the government launched such an attack upon the people (in order to control them more efficiently by fear and/or enforce "vaccination" shots ) in the future. But this is getting off-topic now, I think.. biggrin.gif
Kiln
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 21 2013, 03:34 PM) *

I am about to embark on the tragic journey that is The Walking Dead Game. I've seen one of the endings, so someone needs to come hold my hand in case that happens.

NOW.

Is it Survival Instincts or the one by Telltale Games?

I've played the Telltale Games version and it was an awesome game in which I completely connected with all of the characters. They did an amazing job making everyone seem human and making the choices that you'll make difficult.

The only problem is that none of the choices really matter. No matter what you'll have almost the exact same ending that everyone else had. The game as a whole is amazingly good and tells a good story but it falls short when you begin to notice that none of the choices you make really matter when it comes to storyline.
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(Kiln @ Mar 21 2013, 03:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 21 2013, 03:34 PM) *

NOW.

Is it Survival Instincts or the one by Telltale Games?

I've played the Telltale Games version and it was an awesome game in which I completely connected with all of the characters. They did an amazing job making everyone seem human and making the choices that you'll make difficult.

The only problem is that none of the choices really matter. No matter what you'll have almost the exact same ending that everyone else had. The game as a whole is amazingly good and tells a good story but it falls short when you begin to notice that none of the choices you make really matter when it comes to storyline.

I'll take a look when I get home. It's the disc version of that says anything.
Kiln
They're both in disc now. Although one started as seperate DLC.
Colonel Mustard
It would have to be the Telltale Games version; Survival Instincts isn't going to be released for another few months, at least.

In other news, I've started up Morrowind again. That game is so, insanely good! Needs more checkpoints, though. Having to redo up to half an hour just because I forgot to hit quicksave every now and again is annoying.
mirocu
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Mar 22 2013, 10:21 AM) *

Having to redo up to half an hour just because I forgot to hit quicksave every now and again is annoying.

When will gamers learn to save every five minutes? tongue.gif

I think I actually do that in every game I play. Canīt put my mind at ease knowing I have done this and that and not saved...
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 22 2013, 11:57 AM) *

Having to redo up to half an hour just because I forgot to hit quicksave every now and again is annoying.

I think I actually do that in every game I play. Canīt put my mind at ease knowing I have done this and that and not saved...

I normally do, but I'm very absent minded. Plus I'm used to games being helpful by placing checkpoints so you don't need to hit quicksave every 5 minutes.
mirocu
Heh, I donīt even use quicksave. I make a hard save every five minutes! Yeah, Iīm just that hardcore cool.gif
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 22 2013, 12:00 PM) *

Heh, I donīt even use quicksave. I make a hard save every five minutes! Yeah, Iīm just that hardcore cool.gif

Yes, Mirocu, your saving system makes you hardcore. Whatever you say... wink.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Mar 22 2013, 01:01 PM) *

Yes, Mirocu, your saving system makes you hardcore. Whatever you say... wink.gif

Thass what Iīm talkinī bout. Only casual gamers make casual saves tongue.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 22 2013, 06:57 AM) *

My husband thinks I'm paranoid because I do this!!!HA!! Now I can rub it in his smug face that I'm not the "Only one in the entire history of gaming" to do this XD
mirocu
Tell him itīs not paranoia. Itīs actually a very smart thing to do to save progress and not having to do it all over again just because the game CTD:d. The alternative is to see if the windows can withstand an iron...
Kiln
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Mar 22 2013, 09:21 AM) *

It would have to be the Telltale Games version; Survival Instincts isn't going to be released for another few months, at least.

In other news, I've started up Morrowind again. That game is so, insanely good! Needs more checkpoints, though. Having to redo up to half an hour just because I forgot to hit quicksave every now and again is annoying.

It's already out in the USA, which is why I was curious. smile.gif
PhonAntiPhon
Aralon Sword and Shadow, and Pocket RPG.
Android adventure away!
King Of Beasts
Minecraft.and I've become obsessed, lol
Kiln
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 22 2013, 12:02 PM) *

I'm the same way. Too many combined hours of gameplay lost when I first played MW and eventually OB.

I'd play Morrowind for three hours and get so caught up in it I wouldn't save, then the game would freeze.

I think my exact words would be: "Oh my f'ing god, are you kidding me!?!??"
PhonAntiPhon
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 22 2013, 12:02 PM) *

Damn straight!
= THOUSANDS of saves, all zipped and backed up, I hard save about once every 3 or 4 mins normally...
mirocu
"The importance of making regular hard saves cannot be overestimated"

~mirocu

biggrin.gif
Grits
Jerric has dragged me back to Cyrodiil.

It's still pretty great. smile.gif
treydog
QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 29 2013, 10:31 PM) *

Jerric has dragged me back to Cyrodiil.

It's still pretty great. smile.gif

New graphics card means I can play Oblivion again too.

And- yes- it is.

Just... roaming the countryside is still breathtaking. The long enforced hiatus as allowed me to appreciate so much more than I did the first time around.
mirocu
Great to see gamers returning to Cyrodiil! happy.gif Being away from it and then come back is perhaps one of the best ways to fully enjoy it again. If only I could keep myself away... sad.gif
treydog
In between bouncing from xBox (Far Cry 3 and MTG:2013) to Oblivion (thank you video card Santa!) I often go for something a bit more....

mindless

and which can be saved frequently with no loss of the "feel" (since there really isn't one anyway).

So yeah- Warlords IV
SubRosa
I used to love Warlords II! That was actually the first game I ever modded. I made an Elric mod for it.
mirocu
Never tried the Warlords games. Can anyone compare them to another game to give me an idea of what it is?
treydog
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 30 2013, 12:07 PM) *

Never tried the Warlords games. Can anyone compare them to another game to give me an idea of what it is?

This is a pretty good overview.

Warlords IV

And here is the Wikipedia on the whole series.
mirocu
It seems like the games are as I expected and I think Iīm happy with the Oblivion setting. I prefer free roaming over constant warring smile.gif
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 30 2013, 01:45 PM) *

It seems like the games are as I expected and I think Iīm happy with the Oblivion setting. I prefer free roaming over constant warring smile.gif

THIS! Absolutely !!!

treydog
Yes- it is a much different type of game. More the old turn-based strategy with really only minor "roleplaying" elements- and I do MEAN the quotes.

Warlords 2 and 3 were a bit better in some ways- there was the possibility of forming temporary alliances with AI opponents.

But- it is in NO WAY an RPG.
mirocu
Iīm fine with turn-based non-RPG games, but I just tired of so many movies and games having war themes in order to make them exciting.
Kiln
Played through Bioshock Infinite. Gotta say it has an extremely interesting storyline and lots of unique features. Honestly I was expecting to enjoy it but had no idea just how great the story and setting would be.

mirocu
Way to go, Kiln! biggrin.gif So you played it through, huh? I donīt think I want to, it looks to be more of a movie where you can interact with it at certain spots. Please correct me if Iīm wrong...

Always a first for everything! laugh.gif
Colonel Mustard
I've got Infinite in the box at home, and I'm looking forward to playing it once I'm home from work. From what I've read, it seems to stick true to the other Bioshock games, though I considering the crappy generic grizzled dudebro cover art I'm honestly not surprised that you thought it might be like an action move. First thing I did when I got the game was flip the cover over to the much more interesting and original alternative cover. No idea why they didn't go for that one as the original; makes it stand out on the shelves and also makes it look like an old book. Way better than just 'Booker standing in front of burning flag'.

Plus the smoking barrel of his shotgunny thing makes it look like he's just fired it behind his head, and that would mean he's just deafened himself and probably soldered his ear to the barrel...
mirocu
Why I said I think itīs like a movie is because Iīve seen game footage on youtube. But that is far from having played the game... hehe.gif
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 2 2013, 03:43 PM) *

Why I said I think itīs like a movie is because Iīve seen game footage on youtube. But that is far from having played the game... hehe.gif

Ah, I see. As I said though, from what I've heard from reviews and from people who played it, it's like the original but in the sky. Also, apparently it makes them cry a lot and has one of the best NPCs in gaming in the form of Elizabeth. I'm planning on doing a review on my blog once I've finished it so I'll let you know what it's like once it's written.
mirocu
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Apr 2 2013, 04:44 PM) *

apparently it makes them cry a lot and has one of the best NPCs in gaming in the form of Elizabeth.

Sch! Donīt say it too loud or our Liz will get an ego boost she doesnīt need! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.