Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are you playing?
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102
mirocu
I tried the original Far Cry. Liked it but I still prefer Rainbow 6. That pesky hotel level....
ImperialSnob
QUOTE(mirocu @ May 6 2013, 03:22 PM) *

I tried the original Far Cry. Liked it but I still prefer Rainbow 6. That pesky hotel level....

Far Cry 3 is better imo.

There's no aliens/mutants that don't fit in like in the original.
Colonel Mustard
Cracking out an old classic with Age of Mythology. Easily one of the most fun and best-made RTS games I've ever played.
ImperialSnob
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ May 11 2013, 11:28 AM) *

Cracking out an old classic with Age of Mythology. Easily one of the most fun and best-made RTS games I've ever played.

Is it RTS or Turn Based because the new one is going to be turn based.
SubRosa
Since I finished Tomb Raider 1, I tried out TR2 for a while (The first game came in a pack of the first 3 Tomb Raiders). I think I am probably done with TR2 though, even though I am not quite half way through. I don't like all the gunplay. It feels like I am blasting more things than I would in an FPS, sometimes the end level stats say I shot 1400 rounds, and hit 1200 times. The thing I liked about the original Tomb Raider was that it was mainly about running, jumping, climbing puzzles.

So for the last few days I have been playing Aela in Oblivion, getting to know some of the Unique Landscapes mods.
ImperialSnob
Just FIFA 13 really but going to start a Skyrim playthrough.
Darkness Eternal
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ May 6 2013, 01:50 PM) *

So, has anybody played Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon yet? Only I've been looking at some trailers and stuff and that game looks insanely cool...

No. I downloaded the demo but I have yet to install it. It looks fun though, but I like the insane tropical feel of the original.
SubRosa
Thanks to Mirocu, I downloaded MechVM, and installed MW2 and MW2: Mercenaries through it. Now I am driving a Mad Dog for Clan Wolf
mirocu
Always glad to get a fellow gamer deeper into the abyss help! biggrin.gif
SubRosa
QUOTE(mirocu @ May 12 2013, 11:41 AM) *

Always glad to get a fellow gamer deeper into the abyss help! biggrin.gif

It has probably been 20 years since I played the MW2 games. Sadly, I could not get my joystick to work. I have one of those twist kinds, that would let me do the torso twisting with that, and the chassis turning with the regular movements of the stick. Oh well...

The 3rd Wolf mission is busting my chops. It is the one where you have to go into a city at night and identify and destroy a power converter - just a long row of hexagaonal rings really. But there are these 4 Summoners that always kick my ass, even when I take a starmate. I think I'm going to ditch the LRMs I have been using and maybe replace them with a autocannon. That might help even up the odds if I can take down one or two of them early.
King Coin
I've been trying to get Mech 3 going. It runs well for the most part except a game breaking bug in only the second mission! An objective never completes so you can never move on! *sigh*
SubRosa
QUOTE(King Coin @ May 12 2013, 04:32 PM) *

I've been trying to get Mech 3 going. It runs well for the most part except a game breaking bug in only the second mission! An objective never completes so you can never move on! *sigh*

Check around to see if there are any console commands or workarounds. For example, with MW2 if you register with the name FreeBirthToad it unlocks all the missions. There is also a cheat code to finish your current mission successfully. MW3 might have one or the other.
King Coin
I've looked around for cheats and there appear to be none. I'll try again though.
mirocu
Sigh. I really must see if I canīt get a hold on MW2: Merc... kvleft.gif
ImperialSnob
QUOTE(mirocu @ May 13 2013, 03:22 PM) *

Sigh. I really must see if I canīt get a hold on MW2: Merc... kvleft.gif

At first I thought MW2:Merc would be a DS spin-off of MW2 then I reliesed what you meant by MW2.
mirocu
Whenever I say MW2 here, Impsnob, I always mean MechWarrior wink.gif
SubRosa
QUOTE(mirocu @ May 13 2013, 02:57 PM) *

Whenever I say MW2 here, Impsnob, I always mean MechWarrior wink.gif

I thought you had MW2: Mercenaries? I have the Titanium Edition of MW2 and Mercs from way back. Of course I had the DOS version of MW2 before that as well. I have Ghost Bear laying around too. If I can find the disc for it...

I imagine that EBay is the only chance to getting it these days. Actually, it looks like its freeware these days. I found it in the internet archive. No surprise, given how old it is. Activision must have released the source code years ago.
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 13 2013, 10:09 PM) *

I thought you had MW2: Mercenaries?

And whenever I say MW2 I also always mean MechWarrior 2:Mercenaries. Usually.

biggrin.gif
Kiln
Playing Metro: Last Light. I picked it up last night and so far I'm really happy with it. Went and grabbed a copy at midnight and played for six hours so far. Plays a lot like the first game, it's beautiful in a dark and gritty kind of way.

It's been great so far, hopefully it stays good for the rest of it. Very good survival/resource based FPS game.
mirocu
QUOTE(Kiln @ May 14 2013, 10:15 PM) *

Playing Metro: Last Light.... It's been great so far, hopefully it stays good for the rest of it. Very good survival/resource based FPS game.

Can you compare it to another game? Is it more like Resident Evil or more like Doom?
King Coin
QUOTE(Kiln @ May 14 2013, 03:15 PM) *

Playing Metro: Last Light. I picked it up last night and so far I'm really happy with it. Went and grabbed a copy at midnight and played for six hours so far. Plays a lot like the first game, it's beautiful in a dark and gritty kind of way.

It's been great so far, hopefully it stays good for the rest of it. Very good survival/resource based FPS game.

I watched the opening cut scene before having to quit. Maybe more in a bit here.

Opening was pretty cool though with the beasts in the nightmare. I opened fire before I realized they were my friends.
Kiln
QUOTE(mirocu @ May 14 2013, 08:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Kiln @ May 14 2013, 10:15 PM) *

Playing Metro: Last Light.... It's been great so far, hopefully it stays good for the rest of it. Very good survival/resource based FPS game.

Can you compare it to another game? Is it more like Resident Evil or more like Doom?

Neither.

It is much like the first game, if you haven't played it go to youtube and get a look at gameplay. Great games.

You've got to conserve ammo and scrounge for supples. It is resource based in the way that you'll need to manage ammunition and scrounge for air filters and medical supples. Trips to the surface are dangerous and you'll have to manage your air supply while fighting monsters.

It is a linear game with an excellent story set in a very detailed post apocalyptic environment. Several of the weapons look and behave like they're home made. It is a pretty unique setting and story.

I also like the book.
McBadgere
Gone back to Assassin's Creed...

Not feeling the love for much else at the mo...*Le Shrug*...
SubRosa
I beat Mechwarrior 2 with my toons. Now Aela's Witches are ravaging the Inner Sphere in MW2: Mercenaries.
King Coin
Heh, looks like a 'commando.'

Metro Last Light is the best shooter I have ever played I think.
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(King Coin @ May 16 2013, 04:24 AM) *

Heh, looks like a 'commando.'

Stop making me jealous, damn you! tongue.gif

I'm currently planning a game of Pathfinder (think a pen and paper RPG along the lines of Dungeons and Dragons) for me and some friends to play over the weekend. Looks to be a lot of fun, so far; mixing up traditional D&D High Fantasy with Westerns, so it should be interesting for my players to be able to tote flintlocks against dragons and undead.
King Coin
I hate the spiders in Metro though. Holy crap they sit in webs and skitter around much too realistically. blink.gif

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ May 16 2013, 03:11 AM) *

I'm currently planning a game of Pathfinder (think a pen and paper RPG along the lines of Dungeons and Dragons) for me and some friends to play over the weekend. Looks to be a lot of fun, so far; mixing up traditional D&D High Fantasy with Westerns, so it should be interesting for my players to be able to tote flintlocks against dragons and undead.

I think I've heard of that game before. Sounds like fun, who wouldn't want to dress like a pirate and kill zombies?
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(King Coin @ May 16 2013, 03:16 PM) *

I hate the spiders in Metro though. Holy crap they sit in webs and skitter around much too realistically. blink.gif

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ May 16 2013, 03:11 AM) *

I think I've heard of that game before. Sounds like fun, who wouldn't want to dress like a pirate and kill zombies?

It's a lot of fun, though it doesn't actually involve dressing up; that's Live Action Role Playing, and is a whole other level of sad.
King Coin
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ May 16 2013, 10:03 AM) *

It's a lot of fun, though it doesn't actually involve dressing up; that's Live Action Role Playing, and is a whole other level of sad.

Oh yes, I didn't actually mean that you all were getting into costumes. rollinglaugh.gif

There is a 'medieval combat club' at my university and some of them really get serious about the role playing portion. A friend of mine joined and they asked him to make up a character name. He wanted to be called Mr. Potatoes. They did not approve.
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 15 2013, 11:24 PM) *

I beat Mechwarrior 2 with my toons. Now Aela's Witches are ravaging the Inner Sphere in MW2: Mercenaries.

Ahh, good olī MechWarrior biggrin.gif

Damn you, Sub! When I see your pix I want to play it but I canīt! tongue.gif
SubRosa
QUOTE(mirocu @ May 16 2013, 03:01 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 15 2013, 11:24 PM) *

Ahh, good olī MechWarrior biggrin.gif

Damn you, Sub! When I see your pix I want to play it but I canīt! tongue.gif

Well download it! Or buy an old copy off Ebay or Amazon. The big trouble is getting it to work on a modern computer. MechVM makes that easy - doing all the configuring of DOSBox for you. I could not get Mercenaries to work on my Windows 7 box, even with MechVM. But it does work on my Windows XP box.
mirocu
I knew I should have gotten XP for my latest computer and not fall for 7 dry.gif mad.gif

XP=Best Windows evah
Kiln
QUOTE(King Coin @ May 16 2013, 03:24 AM) *

Same here. Last Light is excellent in almost every way. Despite having paranormal activity and giant monsters, the game still manages to feel like it's set in the real world.

The story was good, this game was definitely built for patient gamers. If you rush through shooting you won't get the most out of it because you'll miss important bits...you'll still figure things out but it won't be as satisfying.

Stealth is key and on the Ranger Hardcore setting, necessary to survive. Ammo is insanely scarce and it is difficult to survive.
Elisabeth Hollow
I'm going to try "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning" Later on tonight.
King Coin
QUOTE(Kiln @ May 17 2013, 05:26 PM) *

Same here. Last Light is excellent in almost every way. Despite having paranormal activity and giant monsters, the game still manages to feel like it's set in the real world.

The story was good, this game was definitely built for patient gamers. If you rush through shooting you won't get the most out of it because you'll miss important bits...you'll still figure things out but it won't be as satisfying.

Stealth is key and on the Ranger Hardcore setting, necessary to survive. Ammo is insanely scarce and it is difficult to survive.

I'm just playing with the normal settings. I haven't played a shooter in a long time so I want it to go easy on me.

I have not played a whole lot. All I need to say is damn Pavel.
SubRosa
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ May 17 2013, 07:26 PM) *

I tried that one a while ago.But the camera just drives me nuts, and I found it impossible to use ranged weapons. I gave up after about an hour or so. sad.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
Is it that bad? I get motion sick easily.
ThatSkyrimGuy
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ May 17 2013, 08:09 PM) *

Is it that bad? I get motion sick easily.

Nothing worse than barfing on your keyboard while you are trying to kill baddies...LOL tongue.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
I gots a controller XD
ThatSkyrimGuy
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ May 17 2013, 08:19 PM) *

I gots a controller XD

ROFL...so it would only get on the cord... tongue.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
It's wireless, so it would get on the carpet XD
ThatSkyrimGuy
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ May 17 2013, 08:32 PM) *

It's wireless, so it would get on the carpet XD

I got a tarp you can have for cheap... XD
Elisabeth Hollow
Ha!
SubRosa
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 17 2013, 08:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ May 17 2013, 07:26 PM) *

I tried that one a while ago.But the camera just drives me nuts, and I found it impossible to use ranged weapons. I gave up after about an hour or so. sad.gif

It is not so much motion sickness, but its placement is too close for you to see what is going on, and it tends to aim down at the ground. I seem to recall it had a weird habit of jumping around to the worst possible viewpoint as well. Basically, it made it hard to see the game I was playing. The aiming with bows was just terrible. There is no first person option, and I could not hit anything at all in third person, thanks to the camera. Google "Kingdoms of Amalur camera" and you will see tons of complaints.
Kiln
It took some getting used to but KoA is a pretty good game once you get into it. The world is huge and the factions are interesting. Most complaints are about the camera.

It does get repetetive at times but most large open world games do.

The devs of this game went bankrupt shortly after releasing this game so sadly it seems that a sequel is unlikely.

Sad that more unique game makers like this fall into obscurity while ridiculously shallow and mindlessly watered down RPG companies do great. (Lionhead Studios I'm looking at you)
McBadgere
I sunk some quite considerable hours into KoA and I bought the two DLC packs as well, so I guess I enjoyed it a teensie bit... laugh.gif ...

Though, I did play a magic-knight Templar type so maybe I had it easier to play than some classes...

I really really enjoyed it...It doesn't do anything flashy, but it's definitely good enough to get lost in...(for me anyways tongue.gif )...

It was a damned shame there's no sequel...

mirocu
Playinī some WinBrick on my old Compaq 520. Just the demo with only five levels, but sooooooo addicting! biggrin.gif

Also on the same computa, some domino, chess and Wolf3D. And this is just today! laugh.gif
SubRosa
Aela is piloting an Atlas now, and is investigating a mysterious new menace from beyond the Periphery.
mirocu
Nice shot smile.gif I donīt remember though what my favorite Mech looks like.. I think itīs the one from the cover.
Colonel Mustard
First session of Pathfinder was runwith me and my (very small) group. Eve, bow-wielding Half-Elf rogue, and Gettysburg, greatsword-toting fighter, found themselves clearing out quarry filled with zombies. The players did good; holed up in an office, lured the zombies into a building, set it on fire and then jumped out of a back window. Brought the whole place down on top of them and got away largely intact (Gettysburg took a bit of a beating, but not before he took out a good five zombies with that sword of his; for a character who was level one, he kicked a pretty significant amount of arse).

Now Eve and Gettysburg are off to track down a rogue necromancer...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.