Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are you playing?
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 19 2018, 11:01 AM) *

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Dec 18 2018, 03:01 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 18 2018, 02:48 PM) *

I saw an Angry Joe show about Battlefield, and I was scratching my head at the red dot sights on M1 Garands and Karabiners. Does it have F-22s and Battlemechs too? laugh.gif

F-22's, Battlemechs, Wizards, Grayskull, She-Ra and He-man...This is the best Battlefield game SINCE EVER!!!
laugh.gif

Oh and don’t forget women combatants that have no place in a WWII game. /s

Tell that to Lyudmila Pavlichenko, or Nancy Wake.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 19 2018, 05:13 PM) *

I saw an Angry Joe show about Battlefield, and I was scratching my head at the red dot sights on M1 Garands and Karabiners. Does it have F-22s and Battlemechs too? laugh.gif

F-22's, Battlemechs, Wizards, Grayskull, She-Ra and He-man...This is the best Battlefield game SINCE EVER!!!
laugh.gif

Exactly.
Kane
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Dec 19 2018, 06:10 PM) *
QUOTE(Kane @ Dec 19 2018, 11:33 AM) *

Worked my way through Paper Mario: TTYD to chapter 7. Getting down to the nitty gritty!

I was about to say that's my favorite chapter, but I was thinking of Chapter 6. (The Excess Express chapter. Love it.)

Saw my sister playing the game a few days ago, too. She couldn't find her way to Petal Meadows from the sewers and I had no idea where to go either. :v Might be time to refresh my memory with a playthrough.

Yeah, six is great - love the other the top mystery theme it has.

As for Petal Meadows; enter the pipe outside of Frankly's house and go all the way to the right.
hazmick
I've drifted back to Star Wars: The Old Republic for the moment. Started a new new Sith Inquisitor character, about to head to Hoth in search of a force ghost to bind to my will. Always enjoy my time with this game.
mirocu
QUOTE(hazmick @ Dec 20 2018, 01:19 PM) *

I've drifted back to Star Wars: The Old Republic for the moment. Started a new new Sith Inquisitor character, about to head to Hoth in search of a force ghost to bind to my will. Always enjoy my time with this game.

Another Star Wars gamer! biggrin.gif
Sakiri
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 20 2018, 12:13 AM) *

laugh.gif

Doesn't mean they need to add a ton of women for the sake of adding women.

That aside, I stopped expecting video games to be historically accurate. They never are. Someone always gets offended or something.
monkeyemoness
Got Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning to throw into the pile of games I'll play on and off.

I think this was the game that got me to stop buying games at full price. I bought it on impulse because Grant Kirkhope composed the music, and also because it seemed to be similar enough to the Elder Scrolls in terms of gameplay. Not only was the game "meh" (most likely because it was a repurposed MMO), but the music was, too.

But still, I do kinda like the game. Just not enough to pay 60 dollars for it lmao (I paid 10 this time, because I never did play the DLC)
Dark Reaper
QUOTE(Sakiri @ Dec 20 2018, 01:23 PM) *

Doesn't mean they need to add a ton of women for the sake of adding women.

That aside, I stopped expecting video games to be historically accurate. They never are. Someone always gets offended or something.

I don't care for the historical aspect of BF5 but I do enjoy how not all the battles are one sided. I've been on the winning side and losing side and every time it feels fair...though there's sometimes I've gotten killed and questioned it.
monkeyemoness
"Historical accuracy" is one of the dumbest things to worry about in games and more often than not people that complain about it not being "accurate" don't know much to begin with
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Dec 23 2018, 10:42 AM) *

"Historical accuracy" is one of the dumbest things to worry about in games and more often than not people that complain about it not being "accurate" don't know much to begin with

Right? It’s a friggin’ video game. Who gives a fook as long as it’s fun?
Dark Reaper
Exactly! The naysayers whose whining about the inaccuracy of historics surrounding WWII in BF5 also need to look at the weapons accessories. Like I pointed out Red Dot Sights or Holoscopes weren't invented till 1975 and the batteries needed to power them weren't invented for another 15 years.
Sakiri
What bothers me is historically inaccurate historical movies. THOSE bother me.

Games? Meh. If it's fun, why not?

I also dislike another form of correct though too, so most new games are a turn off.

Was so looking forward to a new Dragon Age.
Decrepit
Near the end of today's most recent KCD session Henry was returning to Rattay after clearing a bandit camp near the city, spotted some Roe Deer and dismounted to hunt them. The deer scattered beyond easy reach before Henry could equip his bow. As he was about to remount I noticed this nice view of the sun setting behind Rattay:

I sandwiched a lengthy Transport Fever session in between my KCD sessions. Spent almost the entirety of my time there relaying track between two cities, to little purpose.
mirocu
Nice but big pic biggrin.gif

I have now grown The Wisdom Tree in Plants vs Zombies to 1000ft. Yay!
RaderOfTheLostArk
Been playing on my new NES Classic for the past couple of days. It's actually the first Nintendo console I have ever owned (not the first one I have played, though). Started files on three games.

Super Mario Bros. 3: On World 2 right now. I am pretty bad at the game lol. But I haven't played it in many years, and even when I had played it I don't think I got through that much of it.

Legend of Zelda: My total playtime of the Zelda franchise prior to playing this was barely a few hours at most. Wandering around aimlessly paid off eventually as I managed to finally find the first dungeon and beat it yesterday. I'm getting the hang of it, but I'm still pretty bad lol.

Tecmo Bowl: This game I am actually decent at, though. Started going through a season as the New York "team." (They didn't have the licenses for the team names, so all they had was the city and the credits list with the helmets and rosters had completely different designs for the helmets. But for all intents and purposes, I am playing with the Giants). Miami was my first opponent, and I torched them to the tune of something like 49-7. Chicago put up a good fight at first, but I won something like 31-15 (I think I blocked 2 of their extra points). And then I took Indianapolis to the woodshed 35-9. In one of the games I actually managed to return a kickoff for a touchdown, and then another I took inside the one but got tackled right before the end zone. Next up is Minnesota. Not sure how many of you here watch the sportsball, but translation is that I am doing pretty well so far.
mirocu
QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 27 2018, 10:05 PM) *

Been playing on my new NES Classic for the past couple of days. It's actually the first Nintendo console I have ever owned (not the first one I have played, though). Started files on three games.

Super Mario Bros. 3: On World 2 right now. I am pretty bad at the game lol. But I haven't played it in many years, and even when I had played it I don't think I got through that much of it.

Legend of Zelda: My total playtime of the Zelda franchise prior to playing this was barely a few hours at most. Wandering around aimlessly paid off eventually as I managed to finally find the first dungeon and beat it yesterday. I'm getting the hang of it, but I'm still pretty bad lol.

Nice! I've never beaten any of these myself but I played SMB3 quite a lot back then. Not so much now though. And I could never enjoy the perk of save states tongue.gif

Uleni Athram
I bought a truckload of new games this Xmas, since they were on a ridiculous cheap sale.

So to list, I had:

X-COM: Enemy Without
Rebel Inc.
Sheltered
Jade Empire: Special Edition
KotoR

Yeah. Too many, right? With so many of these in tow, I’m thinking of building a YT Channel and make a let’s play off of them all, including the older games I have.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Though not technically playing it now, Khajiit got enough in gift cards and cash for Christmas to cover a Nintendo Switch, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Bought LoZ:BotW yesterday and the Switch and Smash Bros. comes in today! So excited!
monkeyemoness
^Hmmm, jelly! I considered getting one myself but ehhhhh, I'll just stick to buying a few games.

Speaking of games (though not necessarily new ones), I'm probably dropping Dark Souls 3 for 2 instead, and I might jump into Majora's Mask. I've also picked up Ocarina of Time

It's probably easier to say I have a ton of games I play on and off when the mood strikes. idk, I'm very fickle
mirocu
I have as of now completely crushed the Rebel Alliance in Star Wars: Rebellion. Their puny efforts to bring down the mighty Empire have failed and all responsible are either dead or prisoners at Coruscant. Order has been restored to the galaxy.

Epilogue

What I feared came true. I never did face a huge Rebel fleet with my fifteen Super Star Destroyers and Death Star and thus that epic battle never took place. I simply ran across the Rebel HQ and that was pretty much that. Sigh. I can only hope I get what I want next time I play.
RaderOfTheLostArk
Went back to Fallout: New Vegas today. I completed the Old World Blues DLC last week and just today started Dead Money, the last DLC I have left to play.

When I played the end of the game prior to starting the DLCs, I decided to help the NCR. But I think when I finish Dead Money and any other loose ends in the main game, I'm going to go the Independent route. I believe it is in the best interest of both the Mojave Wasteland and the NCR. The Mojave shouldn't be forced to be part of the NCR and the NCR is spreading itself too thin. I guess the way my character is going to think of it is, basically, "I want to help the NCR to show I have no animosity toward them and so we can annihilate the Legion, but the NCR is also unfairly taking over the Mojave and I am going to make that known as well. The Mojave is better off determining its own fate, and the NCR is spreading itself out too fast and too thin to effectively hold onto the Mojave."
Sakiri
Still playing world of warcraft. Almost exclusively actually. Leveled my shadow priest and working on gearing her.

I'm an insufferable altaholic.
Dark Reaper
Playing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands for the Xbox One S. I'm so glad I decided to switch to to the Xbox side, but now I need to get a rechargeable battery pack for the controller, right now its wired but I like having a wireless controller.
mirocu
Just managed to clear 26 flags in Survival Endless in Plants vs Zombies. Previous record 22 flags.
RaderOfTheLostArk
A couple days ago, on Dec. 29th, I decided to fire up Oblivion. I hadn't played the game since Dec. 29th of last year, apparently. I certainly was rusty, but my character is plenty powerful so it wasn't a big deal (although enemies like goblin warlords take FOREVER to kill because of the trash level scaling system). I was searching for that Shadowbanish Wine, but after only getting a couple bottles and coming up empty-handed on the next 2 forts, I decided "screw it" and just consoled in 4 more bottles. Still had fun, though. Wanted to be able to say I had played it at some point in 2018.

For a similar reason, I played Morrowind this morning as well. That took some getting used to again too. Came across the trader Tinos Drothan on one of those islands near Vivec, and killed his guards that stole his raw glass and then I returned the glass to him. Where did I start from in the play session? I had just killed Vivec. Totally forgot about that. Steam didn't have the date that I last played the game, so I assumed that I had not played it at all in 2018 (although I think I had way back in the beginning of the year).

It's been much longer since I played Arena or Daggerfall, and certainly much longer since I played Redguard. I last played Skyrim back in June, so I left that alone. Online was last played in January.

Which reminds me: I still have yet to go back to Battlespire. Only have one hour in it and it has been a long time, so I will just restart it. I'm sure it will be a trip, but it's the only non-mobile TES game that I have yet to conquer.
hazmick
My Sith Inquisitor is all caught up with SWTOR now, done all the expansions and up to date with the new story stuff - this prequel to the next expansion is looking really good, finally going back to some classic Empire vs Republic from the looks of things.
Decrepit
Today's game time was devoted to Transport Fever. A goodly portion of my several sessions was spent riding the rails on various trains. I also rebuilt track at several locales to remove pronounced dips and bumps, with varying degrees of success. I did not, however, work on my current TpF YouTube video project. Totally forgot about that until now.
RaderOfTheLostArk
Completed the Dead Money DLC for Fallout: New Vegas. Now it is time to tie up loose ends in the main game and then to finish the Second Battle for Hoover Dam for the independent ending.
Decrepit
As threatened, I uploaded a new Transport Fever Ride-Along episode to YouTube this morning. It is now processed and ready for view.

There's not much to this one. It's a simple, short train ride between two Railway Passenger Stations. Scenery is pretty basic, little more than wooodlands bordering tracks on either side. It was filmed utilizing the recently released mod Camera Views Add-On. I confine myself to only one of its camera positions, side-views, as that's the one I like best.

For me YouTube playback looks relatively decent at 1080p in either "default" or "theater" mode. Going full-screen results in too much blurriness to suit me. You are of course welcome to try full-screen at your own risk. Who knows, your results may differ from mine.

I already discovered two spelling errors. The first was an honest typo in the video title I was able to correct after the fact. The second is a brain-fart error in a text blurb, Dunwick rather than the correct Dunwich, that alas can not be fixed without re-uploading the video.

Thursday Morning Addendum:
Doh! Discovered another non removable brain-fart text mistake. At this rate I might need to seriously consider deleting and re-upload.
Dark Reaper
Playing some Rainbow Six Siege on the Xbox.
treydog
A bit of Assassin's Creed: Origins, which I test-drove from Redbox a year ago. I will return to it sooner, I am sure.

Slightly more Far Cry: Primal... of the several FC games I have played, I find this one the most clunky, a lot of the adaptation of the Dunia Engine feels like it was just sort of tossed in there with no real creativity (and there is the whole deal that the world map was a straight port of the map from FC 4... which doesn't bother me except as an indication of a lack of interest by the game developers).

On deck is Red Dead Redemption 2, which I am hoping will live up to (at least some of) the hype...
Decrepit
QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jan 2 2019, 12:53 PM) *

You're good at this smile.gif

Also, seen full-screen your video at 720p looks better than mine ,which are filmed and uploaded at 1080p. What's the secret of your file uploads? Bit Rate? Frame Rate? And so on.
mirocu
QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jan 2 2019, 07:53 PM) *

Aaaah, this footage reminds me both of when playing Rainbow Six at a friend's house all night and when playing Deus Ex where you board the plane biggrin.gif
Dark Reaper
QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 2 2019, 02:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jan 2 2019, 12:53 PM) *

You're good at this smile.gif

Also, seen full-screen your video at 720p looks better than mine ,which are filmed and uploaded at 1080p. What's the secret of your file uploads? Bit Rate? Frame Rate? And so on.

Thanks though I've had training on the PS4 version; however, I'm suspecting there's been a well needed update that tinkered with the enemy's aim as there's times being shot at I would have either been dropped to critical health or killed specially with Maverick. He's the game's Glass Canon as his weapon is extremely powerful but he can't take much punishment.

As for my recording, its straight from the game console itself. I can record up to 10 min of gameplay on the Xbox One, wait for it to upload to cloud then with the Xbox app on my laptop I can pluck the files from that cloud and edit it and upload from there.

As for my play style...I've had experience playing stealthy thanks to games like the Metal Gear series and Splinter Cell. I also play similar to games like Battlefield 5 where I'll try to sneak on an enemy rather then go all Rambo and hopes of killing the target biggrin.gif .
Sakiri
Getting my face wrecked in PvP, courtesy of my guild YouTube channel. Survival Instincts, Caelestrasz server.

https://youtu.be/TuQVrMMbfLQ
mirocu
For a couple years now I've felt more and more compelled to get Doom 2016. However, as I'm someone who likes stealth a bit too much and a slow approach in general I don't think I will. Also I'm not skilled enough to play how I'd like to wink.gif

But I wanna ask a couple of things. Has anyone here played it and if so, what did you think? I'm also curious to know if enemies in a map respawns constantly like in Bioshock 1 and 2 or not.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jan 4 2019, 04:03 AM) *

For a couple years now I've felt more and more compelled to get Doom 2016. However, as I'm someone who likes stealth a bit too much and a slow approach in general I don't think I will. Also I'm not skilled enough to play how I'd like to wink.gif

But I wanna ask a couple of things. Has anyone here played it and if so, what did you think? I'm also curious to know if enemies in a map respawns constantly like in Bioshock 1 and 2 or not.

Khajiit has not played it. Will not play it.
hazmick
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jan 4 2019, 10:03 AM) *

I've played it (got it on the Switch) and quite enjoyed it. Fairly basic linear shooter, great action, superb soundtrack, decent story. Enemies don't respawn, and the way it usually works is that a large number will spawn when you enter a new area so you fight several waves before moving on.
Decrepit
<sighs> Spent part of the afternoon and evening attempting to create a random TpF map of sufficient interest to warrant use in a future play-through. Following a number of less than stellar results I elected to use the name of an actress I was in lust with (from afar of course) a good many years ago as "seed." The resultant map was very promising. The more I studied it the better I liked. It would be my next play-through's map.

Here I made my fatal mistake.

So long as the same creation parameters are set, generating a map using the same seed should always provide identical results. That being the case I decided to forgo saving the map and regenerate it after researching several mods. That done, I launched TpF and attempted to create a new copy of the map. It looked nothing like what I generated earlier. Thinking I must have typed the name wrong I tried again. Nope. Tried a number of spelling variants. Never generated the good map. No idea what might have changed. Whatever it is I'll never figure it out. I'm such a doofus.
mirocu
QUOTE(hazmick @ Jan 4 2019, 11:24 PM) *

I've played it (got it on the Switch) and quite enjoyed it. Fairly basic linear shooter, great action, superb soundtrack, decent story. Enemies don't respawn, and the way it usually works is that a large number will spawn when you enter a new area so you fight several waves before moving on.

Thanks! Yeah it looks kinda fun being that kind of badass, especially after having played Doom 3 where you're basically a slug with a bunch of BB guns dry.gif

@Decrepit - Man, that sounds rough kvleft.gif
Decrepit
Am linking a short TpF video, not my own, showing off a very nicely detailed map. I suspect this map was generated set to "Hilly." Either that or it's a custom map.

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jan 5 2019, 01:49 AM) *

@Decrepit - Man, that sounds rough kvleft.gif

Not so much rough as disheartening. There is absolutely no reason I couldn't have saved that map, except I had no reason to suspect I needed to. It's what I deserve, I suppose, for ignoring my normal policy of "better safe than sorry."
Decrepit
Gah! Had a scare in TpF this afternoon. Launched the game. Added a bit of inconsequential scenery at one railway cargo station. Decided to see if there is a better option for one of the locomotives that frequents that station. Wrote down the current loco's specs. Visited the nearest Depot and brought up its purchase menu. Not only did I not see the loco I hoped to replace, but a good number of locos were no longer available. What's more, a number of previously unavailable locos were present, all with build dates beyond what the game is set to.

That sort of gave it away. I exited the game and searched out Time Warp, the mod that lets me run permanently in 1932 for motive power (and some other) purposes. Sure enough, it had somehow set itself back to default, 1950! Not sure how that happened. Its setting can be changed only via manual edit. Be that as it may I edited back to 1932, saved, and relaunched TpF. All is well, as I hadn't added anything new to the game in conflict with the 1932 cutoff.

For what it's worth, I found no locos better suited to the task at hand (food delivery) than the one already in operation.

Just glad I caught the SNAFU before it messed up my map beyond easy repair.
Kane
Dynasty Warriors 8. I finished the Shu story, and am now working my way through Wei's story mode.
monkeyemoness
Whoops picked up The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds on the way home today. Never played it, so I'm excited to get to it once I finish Majora's Mask. (At Stone Tower Temple now)
Decrepit
NEWS FLASH!

My latest Transport Fever Ride-Along, episode 11, is now available for view at YouTube.

Gotta admit this one is a bit underwhelming. (What's new?) It's a short ride along a newly created train route carrying passengers between the cities of Epping and Kidderminster. Scenery in an unfinished WIP. To the plus, of my posted TpF videos this one suffers less from YT video compression when viewed Full Screen at 1080p. (I still prefer Theater Mode at that resolution for a crisper image, but to each his or her own.)

In other TpF news, last night I nuked a failed Tools Delivery chain to the ground (minus its railway network which survives intact) and moved its three industrial complexes to new positions along the route. It's a bit early to declare victory, but hopes are high that at long last Tools are being made and delivered. About time. That bloody transport line has been in the black since its creation several months ago.
Dark Reaper
Just bought The Elder Scrolls Online Gold Edition for the Xbox One. Well since I have one character in High Rock, One in Morrowind so I guess this character will be in the Summerset Isles.
mirocu
QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 11 2019, 11:30 AM) *

NEWS FLASH!

My latest Transport Fever Ride-Along, episode 11, is now available for view at YouTube.

My brother would love this game! laugh.gif

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jan 11 2019, 10:39 PM) *

Just bought The Elder Scrolls Online Gold Edition for the Xbox One. Well since I have one character in High Rock, One in Morrowind so I guess this character will be in the Summerset Isles.

New attendant at the Chorrol gathering next Christmas then?
Dark Reaper
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jan 12 2019, 01:58 AM) *

New attendant at the Chorrol gathering next Christmas then?

If someone has an Xbox account just send me an invite biggrin.gif . Sadly my PC doesn't run TESO very well kvleft.gif .
mALX
QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jan 11 2019, 04:39 PM) *

WOO HOO!!!

Dark Reaper
Oh I guess I better tell who my character is. User is AdrianMegas my character's name is Le'Anna Umbra, a High Elf Templar.
Le'Anna Umbra .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.